Can you still defend Circle of Healing after watching this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAcL-VV2YaY

Can anyone still defend the Circle of Healing as "Balanced" after watching this 3 minute video?

Comments

  • @oxygen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2613673#Comment_2613673

    I honestly have no idea what sort of "identity" boon totems have under the hood.

    They don't disable DS, while all other interactions with totems do. But at the same time they're clearly not dull totems, but Undying's aura reading works with them. It's like they don't know what they want to be 😄

    Yeah idk. To me it just seems like boons were rushed and BHVR failed to consider how they would interact with a lot of perks that were already in the game, on both survivor and killer side.

  • @sizzlingmario4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2613789#Comment_2613789

    Yeah, they do. Which they’re fine with. Go away from the action and heal while the others progress the match, then come back to the gens. It’s like self caring in a corner except it’s not ridiculously slow (which is why self care isn’t op).

    I understand not wanting it nerfed yet considering it’s only been in the game a couple weeks, if only to collect more data on it/figure out how to fix it properly and in a way that makes it fair but doesn’t make it garbage.

    I just don’t want the devs do do another MOM situation tbh. The survivor meta is stale as hell and COH could be an interesting new perk to use

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2613655#Comment_2613655

    You cant use auto didact or we'll make it with a medkit. I dont know why coh is being given special treatment.

    Well tbf COH kinda hinders autodidact when it comes to gaining stacks.

    If anything autodidact should work with medkits.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2613802#Comment_2613802

    I just don’t want the devs do do another MOM situation tbh. The survivor meta is stale as hell and COH could be an interesting new perk to use

    Killer meta isnt much better, but you have to see how much these boons are hurting some killers in this game and if this was a killer perk it would be instantly nerfed.

  • @Hannacia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2613815#Comment_2613815

    Killer meta isnt much better, but you have to see how much these boons are hurting some killers in this game and if this was a killer perk it would be instantly nerfed.

    The only killer perk that was instantly nerfed from recent memory was undying

    The only reason boons haven’t been nerfed yet is because they want mikaela to sell well.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2613802#Comment_2613802

    I just don’t want the devs do do another MOM situation tbh. The survivor meta is stale as hell and COH could be an interesting new perk to use

    Fair enough. I wasn’t around for the days of old MOM, but from what I’ve heard about it, it sure sounded like an interesting time.

  • Just make it so med kits can't be used with CoH. Fixed. It's not really a big deal.

  • @Deferlo said:

    Just like some youtuber said (maybe Scott?), the problem of CoH isn't the perk itself, it's the uncapped healing speed that allow those 4 sec heal. If you cap the speed at 100% or don't bring anything with it, it is a 16 sec infinite selfheal, which would still be strong but not that op i think.

    There are many perks allow you to heal with over 100% speed. Botany for +33, Desperate measures 56% ect... So of course there is no cap. But I believe the speed cap of everything should be limited to 200% (as no matter 1 or 2 survivors healing another in Coh will be 200%).

    Though Coh should be nerfed down to allowing Self healing at 100% speed. Not requiring a teammate to heal you already giving massive advantage, this is why Self-care still considered a good perk in some cases.

  • @C3Tooth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2613632#Comment_2613632

    There are many perks allow you to heal with over 100% speed. Botany for +33, Desperate measures 56% ect... So of course there is no cap. But I believe the speed cap of everything should be limited to 200% (as no matter 1 or 2 survivors healing another in Coh will be 200%).

    Though Coh should be nerfed down to allowing Self healing at 100% speed. Not requiring a teammate to heal you already giving massive advantage, this is why Self-care still considered a good perk in some cases.

    This. CoH should just heal at 100% like you said (perks and medkits shouldn't affect it). I never use medkits or other healing perks with it anyway. I believe this will make CoH completely balanced.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2613819#Comment_2613819

    The only killer perk that was instantly nerfed from recent memory was undying

    The only reason boons haven’t been nerfed yet is because they want mikaela to sell well.

    I think sales is also one if the reasons it took them 4 years to balance DS. I hope coh doesnt take that long -.-

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2613820#Comment_2613820

    I think sales is also one if the reasons it took them 4 years to balance DS. I hope coh doesnt take that long -.-

    I don't really believe the perk itself is OP. It's fine right now. Med Kits and other healing perks are what's making it seem too strong atm.

  • @VikingDragonXii said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2613663#Comment_2613663

    Boons are still a problem for a few reasons...not for all the classic reasons all the arguments are saying but ones people haven't thought of.

    1. Area Size - The area size is still too large as it can still cover a wide area. I saw a Tuber play on Ormond Estate and someone put a Boon on the 2nd floor of the main building and it covered 90% of the building and a good size area outside too. The area should be shrank to a 30m range.

    Totem Placement - Totems themselves make Boons a problem because they were not originally designed to be interacted with Killers. I have come across multiple Boons that I cant snuff or it takes me 300 years to try to find the right angle to get the Snuff to pop up.

    CoH Healing Speed - Yes I said not of the usual arguments but this is a issue. Without a cap to the healing speed we get like the above video shows. So either they need to make a cap for the healing speed or make it that first aid kits are not affected by CoH speed boost.

    This is only the beginning - Guys this is only the beginning they are supposed to be bringing out something like 12 or so more Boons. With boons stacking with each perk you have we could see new Metas that we could only have nightmares about. If the Devs are not careful they will make Survivors way too powerful.

    I could see SWFs running a assortment of Boon Perks instead of the normal Metas we see now to make large areas that have multiple effects.

    Numerical changes to size are quit okay. I would argue that this is a problem depending on the map and especialy on maps with more than one level (the game or Midwitch come to mind).

    Totem placement is a constant issue for both sides. We all know those totems that are basicly a sign that Gondor is calling for help and we also know the notorious totem that chills under some stairs in the saloon. A quick solution could be that Killers can snuff totems with an attack. However totem spawns should get looked into either way.

    Healing speed is only an issue on self-healing. Healing another survivor can remain uncapped for all I care because 2 survivors healing is still twice the time not on a generator. Self-healing is always a problem because it requires no coordination which is a main downside to healing. Most Killers also benefit if they interrupt two healing survivors because they now can get two people injured while also triggering other effects (buff Deathbound pls).

    A shift in the meta would be good in my opinion. I hate seeing everybody just running Dead Hard.

  • @sizzlingmario4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2613815#Comment_2613815

    Fair enough. I wasn’t around for the days of old MOM, but from what I’ve heard about it, it sure sounded like an interesting time.

    Patch 1.9.2 was even more..........interesting -.-

  • Ehm this was a terrible video to make his point.

    He showed a couple of times he was able to heal in front of a killer... without making any distance and just instantly getting hit again. What did that accomplish?

    Half his build and item slot to be in pretty much the same situation he would have been if he just ran away from the pallet in the first place. Not to mention that he straight up would have gone down at one point if the PH had slightly better aim.

    Also love his tangent about how you can just rebless the totem while a quick glance at the gamestate shows 2 survivors on deadhook the others on second stage and still 2 gens up.

    Almost as if survivors weren't focussing all their attention to gens

    That game was 1 hook away from becoming a 3v1 and 2 hooks from becoming a 2v1 and completly swinging in the killers favour. While he was there playing with totems. I would love to face such players as killer

    He had one point and that was that DS indeed should deactivate while blessing a totem

    There also should be a healing speed cap at this point. He showed it off pretty bad but it can be pretty rediculous at this point

    On a whole this video didn't really prove anything. Other then that people are hyperfocussing on the positives of CoH and completly ignoring the negatives

  • Don't even need to watch it to know that an infinite medkit for the while team that requires only 1 person to bring it is op

  • @D3spair said:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAcL-VV2YaY

    Can anyone still defend the Circle of Healing as "Balanced" after watching this 3 minute video?

    Boons aren't the problem, it is the base game mechanics

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    Don't even need to watch it to know that an infinite medkit for the while team that requires only 1 person to bring it is op

    It isn't. It's medkits and other healing perks (stacking) that is making it pretty strong atm.

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2613844#Comment_2613844

    I don't really believe the perk itself is OP. It's fine right now. Med Kits and other healing perks are what's making it seem too strong atm.

    Ok so survivors want to keep CoH...lets nerf medkits and other healing stuff!

  • @Hannacia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2613847#Comment_2613847

    Ok so survivors want to keep CoH...lets nerf medkits and other healing stuff!

    Just make it so it doesn't stack with CoH... problem solved.

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2613890#Comment_2613890

    Just make it so it doesn't stack with CoH... problem solved.

    I'd agree with that, but i'd still want something else. Like cooldown to CoH or totems are broken after being used few times.

    Edit: I suck at typing

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2613890#Comment_2613890

    Just make it so it doesn't stack with CoH... problem solved.

    Make it one time use only. I won't bother how fast u can heal if u can do it only once and when u snuff it away it breaks instead of becoming dull again.

  • @Hannacia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2613893#Comment_2613893

    I'd agree with that, but i'd still want something else. Like cooldown to CoH or totems are broken after being used few times.

    Edit: I suck at typing

    I don't really see the need for that if they make it so perks and medkits can no longer stack with it. You still need to set up boon perks (which takes a bit), be near them in order to heal and the killer can snuff them in like a second. I believe these perks will be 100% fine if they don't stack.

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2613877#Comment_2613877

    It isn't. It's medkits and other healing perks (stacking) that is making it pretty strong atm.

    Except that it is. It's an infinite Medkit for the whole team that can't be countered, tell me how it's not op

  • @R2k said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2613893#Comment_2613893

    Make it one time use only. I won't bother how fast u can heal if u can do it only once and when u snuff it away it breaks instead of becoming dull again.

    This would make them way too useless. No thanks.

  • It's one free medkit for whole team any time u want. It's useless only for those who don't bother thinking and put boons on every single totem.

  • Buff self care and botany, and disable medkits for good. Sure that would be a nerf to Franklins but hey it's something.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2613716#Comment_2613716

    That takes 16/24 seconds to make and only affects 24m. It can also be destroyed.

    All the time on boons is time off gens remember?

    Just one member of the team needs to activate it to give everyone selfcare + 100% healing speed, i took in account the time to activate it so i was genereous and compared with botany that only gives 33%.

    All the time the survivors save from 16 less seconds healing they spend them on gens remember? With just 1 perk instead of 8 that now they have free to run ds unbreakable, dh etc... Instead of botany selfcare.

    If you keep saying this is balanced I don't even know how to keep arguing because you are just being dishonest on purpose. It's not even close, it's the most value perk that has ever existed in this game.

  • @vacaman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2613722#Comment_2613722

    Just one member of the team needs to activate it to give everyone selfcare + 100% healing speed, i took in account the time to activate it so i was genereous and compared with botany that only gives 33%.

    All the time the survivors save from 16 less seconds healing they spend them on gens remember? With just 1 perk instead of 8 that now they have free to run ds unbreakable, dh etc... Instead of botany selfcare.

    If you keep saying this is balanced I don't even know how to keep arguing because you are just being dishonest on purpose. It's not even close, it's the most value perk that has ever existed in this game.

    Are you trying to say old MOM was more fair than COH?

  • It was a broken perk that by itself had the value of 2 or 3 perks. But still didn't have the value of 8 perks. So yea, it's even more broken than old MOM.

  • @Guest1567432 said:

    If they do get a nerf it won't be anytime soon......gotta get those sales in.

    Yeah it'll probably take 5 years.

  • @vacaman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2613959#Comment_2613959

    It was a broken perk that by itself had the value of 2 or 3 perks. But still didn't have the value of 8 perks. So yea, it's even more broken than old MOM.

    Well then there’s no point arguing with you

  • @Artick said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2613655#Comment_2613655

    Oh, so now medkits are a problem? Are we planning to bully the devs into trashing medkits too?

    Only on these forums would giving feedback on a self-evident balance issue be 'bullying the devs'.

  • Yeah just dismiss everything I told you before about the value of the perk and move on, didn't expect anything more.

  • CoH is fine. As Scott Jund said, they should simply cap self-healing rates. That's all they really need to do.

  • @KingFrost said:

    CoH is fine. As Scott Jund said, they should simply cap self-healing rates. That's all they really need to do.

    Agreed. The perk itself is 100% fine.

  • @Deferlo said:

    Just like some youtuber said (maybe Scott?), the problem of CoH isn't the perk itself, it's the uncapped healing speed that allow those 4 sec heal. If you cap the speed at 100% or don't bring anything with it, it is a 16 sec infinite selfheal, which would still be strong but not that op i think.

    also, the fact that the killer CAN'T detsroy the totem is pure bullshit....blessing a boon again and again and again is just....pure madness, it shouldn be a thing!

  • Meh, this is an over exaggeration. To abuse this you'd have to be a selfish prick to bring CoH with Botany (instead of boon:SS). I refuse to believe the majority of survivors are this selfish. Also, while the green Medkit (or some variation of it) isn't rare, annoyingly the Gel Dressing is (in my webs at least). Also, once he has blown his 2 loads in the match, what then? How well would 'heal across the pallet" do against Slinger, Huntress, Doc, Twins, Trickster, Plague, Clown, Pyramid, Nemesis, Legion, Pinhead, and Nurse?

    With that said, I do think there should be a drawback to using a medkit within CoH. Maybe make the medkit burn through charges twice as fast when used within CoH.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2613716#Comment_2613716

    That takes 16/24 seconds to make and only affects 24m. It can also be destroyed.

    All the time on boons is time off gens remember?

    And if they take both boon totem perks then every survivor gets infinite Self-care + Botany + Distortion + Lucky Break with zero prerequisites and for 3 of the survivors zero investment in time or perk slots. So lets add effectively 14 perks to the survivor's team (3x4 + 2 for the one taking the boon totems) and that's balanced? Only one survivor needs to be off gens for 16/24 seconds to set up this safe zone but all the others can get the benefits for no cost whatsoever.

    Balanced.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2613819#Comment_2613819

    The only killer perk that was instantly nerfed from recent memory was undying

    The only reason boons haven’t been nerfed yet is because they want mikaela to sell well.

    Gearhead, Infectious Fright, and Coup De Grace were all nerfed from the ptb, just fyi.

  • I would like totems to be better hidden and for boons to be one time use

  • @D3spair said:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAcL-VV2YaY

    Can anyone still defend the Circle of Healing as "Balanced" after watching this 3 minute video?

    This makes me lose faith in the devs like 100x after watching that. lol

  • @D3spair said:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAcL-VV2YaY

    Can anyone still defend the Circle of Healing as "Balanced" after watching this 3 minute video?

    Sarcasm level 1000000

  • Cap the healing speed and give it 3 charges

    Why the 3 charges... Well to give the Survivor whom uses it 3 chances to get use out of the perk (Blessing takes a charge... but I shouldn't have to say that) and no way of getting them back

  • I actually just think even without a Med-Kit, CoH is just too good.

  • @Pulsar said:

    I actually just think even without a Med-Kit, CoH is just too good.

    It def needs a healing speed reduction i think overall, too strong.

  • @SasukeKun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2615489#Comment_2615489

    It def needs a healing speed reduction i think overall, too strong.

    I think the concept itself is flawed.

    It effectively kills 3 gens strats which allowed a lot of the cast to keep some semblance of viability. It doesn't stop a Nurse, Spirit or Blight with slowdown, but it absolutely destroys the Trapper who set up a killer 3-gen.

    It does the exact opposite of what most Survivors want.

  • Circle of healing encourages Tunneling for sure, if they have a boon Totem up (or even 2) they can heal as soon as you leave them. When they are just SOMEHWAT coordinated you need to tunnel one person after the other, or they heal so quick you basically just waste time.

    If they are somewhat decent in looping they can waste so much time, and Hex totems (if you don't have all perks unlocked I don't need a "just take __ and it counters it") are useless when they are on the Silent Hill school for example, you literally can't look for a boon totem AND control the generators AND hunt the survivors, these maps like "the game" or the police department are just too big to keep control on everything.

    That this perk is Infinite is insane, as I want to be nice and don't tunnel (yeah, yeah it's a mechanic, yada,yada) it sucks if they want to use it, as I love it myself when I play survivor. If you are able to bring two on a somewhat larger map, as killer you can't do sheet, as soon as you found one you either loose the survivor, or you can delete the perk for the next 16 seconds.

    I had games when I had ruin and Jolt, they found the hex totem in 20 seconds and it was a perk that now was useless. Yeah I know "50/50" but that is such a bullshit argument when it isn't a problem for survivors to look for totems that burn. This Perk is so annoying, even as survivor. And stuff like "haunted grounds" don't help at all when they are necessary to even compete against decent teams. And I don't even talk super high MMR or full SWF, I talk about games where you find someone immediately and after 1 minute, 2 gens pop, your hex is gone and you stand there like "how the ######### did that happen" and one perk is literally not even possible to be used.

    to be forced to play "meta" just to be able to even play (finding a lobby 10 minutes, the game itself 5 minutes) and then needing to play meta killers that you don't even want to play just to have a chance is bullshit.

    The Problem is that everything is designed around the meta, the meta itself isn't touched though, why is it necessary to only play with the same 6-8 perks just because otherwise you only can win when they are bad.

    Make it a 1-time use perk and the totem only stands for max. 3 minutes. To have a small save-space is fine and all, but to have a save-space over 3 floors with free med-kit for everyone and infinite uses is just too broken for such a game, as it is just not broken on games where the survivor are bad.

  • To be real with you, while Shadow Step exists, I do not care about Circle of Healing at all. Like, I prefer they run it if they are going to run a boon.

1 2 ›