SIMPLE QUESTION - THE REVENGE! - WITH DEAD HARD BEING FIXED, DO YOU THINK IT IS FINE? YES OR NO

Just a yes or no will suffice.

If you want to leave an optional explanation, please do!

Comments

  • It is the most popular Survivor perk for a reason, it is simply way too good as is.

  • I meant exactly this, not a default m1 lunge. I was just thinking at the moment about Blight's lunge after rush, and Nurse's lunge after perfect blink on top of survivor.

  • @dednark said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2605087#Comment_2605087

    I meant exactly this, not a default m1 lunge. I was just thinking at the moment about Blight's lunge after rush, and Nurse's lunge after perfect blink on top of survivor.

    I think the Nurse Blink - DH scenario is ok, as most people Dead Hard after the second blink, anyway.

    Just my opinion, of course.

  • No, especially as it's now eating the Killer's power as well.

  • @Raccoon said:

    Just a yes or no will suffice.

    If you want to leave an optional explanation, please do!

    I have to ask as I am curious! Why do you caps your topic? lol

  • Tbh it should just give endurance for a second or two instead of letting you dash forward ignoring all damage

  • Yes it’s fine.

    I’ve gathered that pretty much only players who get annoyed by it think otherwise.

    Annoyance is not a valid reason to think something is unbalanced.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    Yes it’s fine.

    I’ve gathered that pretty much only players who get annoyed by it think otherwise.

    Annoyance is not a valid reason to think something is unbalanced.

    I don't see why my tentacle hit shouldn't break a pallet if I hit you at a downed pallet and it "missed" you due to dead hard. Doesn't the pallet normally break if I miss you there? Oddly, it doesn't if you dead hard and I get validated. Very fair.

  • @SunsetSherbet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2605484#Comment_2605484

    I don't see why my tentacle hit shouldn't break a pallet if I hit you at a downed pallet and it "missed" you due to dead hard. Doesn't the pallet normally break if I miss you there? Oddly, it doesn't if you dead hard and I get validated. Very fair.

    Yeah I agree, if Dead Hard is used, it should break the pallet not down a survivor.

    Very different things being discussed.

  • No, it messes with a lot of killer powers like nemesis pallet break and victor

  • @Mister_xD said:

    No.

    i dont think it has ever been fine.

    there either needs to be a downside to the Perk or a clear activation requirement that the Survivor needs to fullfill before being able to use it (and no, "be injured" does not count. thats not something the Survivor has to go out of their way to get or earn, that just happens pretty much every chase you do by default).

    Man if only killers had perks that have no requirements to fill…. waaait a second

  • @DragonMasterDarren said:

    The DH fix changes exactly nothing if people don’t use it for it’s intended purpose and instead abuse the dash for extra distance, once again BHVR wastes their time on something pointless/detrimental to the game’s health instead of actually fixing the problem itself

    "Abuse"- lmfao


  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    Yes it’s fine.

    I’ve gathered that pretty much only players who get annoyed by it think otherwise.

    Annoyance is not a valid reason to think something is unbalanced.

    "Annoyance is not a valid reason to think something is unbalanced".- Welcome to the DBD forums, lol. 😂

  • Just remove the immunity or nerf the dash to 50% and give the preference to the higher ping and it would be fine.

  • If tagging devs wasn't against the rules, it would be easy to ask for clarification or feedback.

    Oh well @_@

  • so you are going to REVENGE! on REVENGE! becuase of REVENGE!?

    I'm pretty sure i remember a guy that want to kill chaos. He a nice fella

  • @Oscarnator said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2600750#Comment_2600750

    Man if only killers had perks that have no requirements to fill…. waaait a second

    Can you Give any example?

  • @zombitehdeath said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2605460#Comment_2605460

    so you are going to REVENGE! on REVENGE! becuase of REVENGE!?

    I'm pretty sure i remember a guy that want to kill chaos. He a nice fella

    REVENGE!

  • Compared to being injured like dead hard: Whispers (be near a survivor), Ruin (have gens exist), Sloppy Butcher (M1), Blood Hound (M1), Corrupt (have gens exist), Mind Breaker (have gens exists), Zanshin Tactics (have windows and pallets exist), Blood Echo (hook a person), Blood Flavor (M1), Iron Grasp (Carry a survivor), Agitation (carry a survivor), Unnerving presence (literally exist as killer), Predator (have survivors exist), Shadowborne (Exist). I can keep going if you want I have 30 more perks

  • @Oscarnator said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2600750#Comment_2600750

    Man if only killers had perks that have no requirements to fill…. waaait a second

    couple of things:

    1) those perks usually dont have nearly as much of an impact over the trial as Dead Hard does (e.g. Whispers) - or they have a very clear counter to them (e.g. Hex: No One Escapes Death)

    2) this does not justify Dead Hard being as ridiculously broken as it is. So what if Killers also have some cheap Perks / Perk combos (which i wont deny they have - Enduring + Spirit Fury comes to mind)? Just because side A has something overpowered does not mean that'd justify side B having something overpowered. If anything, this just shows that both sides have problematic things that should be changed.

    you're just dipping straight into that "Us VS Them" mindset with that statement, which is an incredibly irrational way to look at this games balance.

  • @Oscarnator said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2609447#Comment_2609447

    Compared to being injured like dead hard: Whispers (be near a survivor), Ruin (have gens exist), Sloppy Butcher (M1), Blood Hound (M1), Corrupt (have gens exist), Mind Breaker (have gens exists), Zanshin Tactics (have windows and pallets exist), Blood Echo (hook a person), Blood Flavor (M1), Iron Grasp (Carry a survivor), Agitation (carry a survivor), Unnerving presence (literally exist as killer), Predator (have survivors exist), Shadowborne (Exist). I can keep going if you want I have 30 more perks

    Those perks you giving are not as strong as dead hard or the effect it give doesn't give the killer an big of an advantage even if it not strong as dead hard.

    They give affect that help the killer in way that the killer need to put in some efforts to get any value (whispers, zenshin tactic, bbq, corrult intervention, shadowborn and hex ruin etc) or help the killer by strengthening a part of the killer either that increasing their speed or reducing a stun time (enduring, agitation, iron grasp, mad grit, fire up and moniter & abuse),

    @Mister_xD did a good job on explaining it better@Mister_Holdout

  • No, it's an atrocity that should never have existed.

  • @zombitehdeath said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2609471#Comment_2609471

    Those perks you giving are not as strong as dead hard or the effect it give doesn't give the killer an big of an advantage even if it not strong as dead hard.

    They give affect that help the killer in way that the killer need to put in some efforts to get any value (whispers, zenshin tactic, bbq, corrult intervention, shadowborn and hex ruin etc) or help the killer by strengthening a part of the killer either that increasing their speed or reducing a stun time (enduring, agitation, iron grasp, mad grit, fire up and moniter & abuse),

    @Mister_xD did a good job on explaining it better@Mister_Holdout

    Most of the time DH doesn’t get that much value especially if the killer is actually good and knows how to zone you. He’ll force you to use your DH in an open area that way it’s useless. Most killers don’t know how to zone and let the survivors lead the chase which is why it’s used and even gets any value at all.

  • @Mister_xD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2609180#Comment_2609180

    couple of things:

    1) those perks usually dont have nearly as much of an impact over the trial as Dead Hard does (e.g. Whispers) - or they have a very clear counter to them (e.g. Hex: No One Escapes Death)

    2) this does not justify Dead Hard being as ridiculously broken as it is. So what if Killers also have some cheap Perks / Perk combos (which i wont deny they have - Enduring + Spirit Fury comes to mind)? Just because side A has something overpowered does not mean that'd justify side B having something overpowered. If anything, this just shows that both sides have problematic things that should be changed.

    you're just dipping straight into that "Us VS Them" mindset with that statement, which is an incredibly irrational way to look at this games balance.

    I’m not, they asked what perks killers have that require almost 0 requirements I named them. I’m not justifying DH but I’m saying that I didn’t see killers go wild when survivors got exuashted on the ground (which lasted MONTHS same with pallet stuns) and now that it’s fixed people are complying the perk works as intended. I will agree that the yelling and blood splatter can be annoying but defiantly not as annoying as using a perk then it being utter,y useless because of the devs.

  • @Oscarnator said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2610385#Comment_2610385

    Most of the time DH doesn’t get that much value especially if the killer is actually good and knows how to zone you. He’ll force you to use your DH in an open area that way it’s useless. Most killers don’t know how to zone and let the survivors lead the chase which is why it’s used and even gets any value at all.

    i disagree.

    dead hard can give a lot of value when used for distance and now since validation you can use it for it intended purpose.

    dead hard for distance is more then a lunge and can reset the chase by dead hard toward the pallet and dropping it or extending the chase by dead hard toward the window to vault it.

    Zoning is a hard thing to do in my opinion and in some and maybe most situations it doesn't guarantee that the survivor would be in the open with nothing to use.

    Even if dead hard doesn't give any value. It still mean it not a good of a perk and need to be changed and it hard to find a replacement ght change to make it better and fairer for both sides.

  • After reading this thread I think the kill switch should just be pulled on the most popular (meta) survivor and killer perks to see how everyone gets on for a week or two lol. Would spice things up not having DH and other meta perks. So many arguments and strong opinions xD I'm a survivor main that doesn't use DH because I prefer zooming away from killers with lithe lol

  • @rysm said:

    After reading this thread I think the kill switch should just be pulled on the most popular (meta) survivor and killer perks to see how everyone gets on for a week or two lol. Would spice things up not having DH and other meta perks. So many arguments and strong opinions xD I'm a survivor main that doesn't use DH because I prefer zooming away from killers with lithe lol

    It'd be nice to have a queue where random meta things are banned/killswitched in some kind of weekly rotation.

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2610606#Comment_2610606

    It'd be nice to have a queue where random meta things are banned/killswitched in some kind of weekly rotation.

    They could definitely rotate the meta using the kill switch. But not sure how viable or popular that would be lol. Personally, I would love it. I always just use perks that I find fun / have never used before. Could give everyone a cool down with "controversial" perks like DH and killer perks like noed

  • @Oscarnator said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2610299#Comment_2610299

    I’m not, they asked what perks killers have that require almost 0 requirements I named them. I’m not justifying DH but I’m saying that I didn’t see killers go wild when survivors got exuashted on the ground (which lasted MONTHS same with pallet stuns) and now that it’s fixed people are complying the perk works as intended. I will agree that the yelling and blood splatter can be annoying but defiantly not as annoying as using a perk then it being utter,y useless because of the devs.

    they asked what perks killers have that require almost 0 requirements I named them

    i think you're mixing things up here a little, i never asked that question.

    and my original comment has never been about hit validation either, but rather the huge flaw in Dead Hards general design - that being the Perk being entirely for free without having any downsides / conditions attached to it.

  • @rysm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2610612#Comment_2610612

    They could definitely rotate the meta using the kill switch. But not sure how viable or popular that would be lol. Personally, I would love it. I always just use perks that I find fun / have never used before. Could give everyone a cool down with "controversial" perks like DH and killer perks like noed

    It a good idea for doing it on the weekend for a certain amount of time just to see what outcome will happen when they block off most used perks and maybe used it to give certain build to be used (healing, stealth, obsession and speed etc)

  • I think it's fine it's back to it's old self before dedicated servers were a thing

  • @Mister_xD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2610556#Comment_2610556

    they asked what perks killers have that require almost 0 requirements I named them

    i think you're mixing things up here a little, i never asked that question.

    and my original comment has never been about hit validation either, but rather the huge flaw in Dead Hards general design - that being the Perk being entirely for free without having any downsides / conditions attached to it.

    I never said you I said “they” did I not?

  • @Mister_xD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2610556#Comment_2610556

    they asked what perks killers have that require almost 0 requirements I named them

    i think you're mixing things up here a little, i never asked that question.

    and my original comment has never been about hit validation either, but rather the huge flaw in Dead Hards general design - that being the Perk being entirely for free without having any downsides / conditions attached to it.

    Yea and I then listed about 10 perks that killers have that require 0 to little requirements for activation

  • you commented something entirely unrelated to the original comment i was making.

    not only had nothing i said been about hit validation, which you brought up, but the only person the "they" in your response could possibly refer to in this context would have been the person you had originally commented on - that being me.

    there is no third person in this comment history that "they" could refer to, its either you or me - and you wouldnt refer to yourself as "they", nor would it make any sense for you to comment on my comment about something that you asked yourself, while i, the only other available option, never asked you that question.

    thats why i asked if you acidentally mixed something up there, because it seems like you accidentally quoted the wrong person.

  • Yes. I still Just shake my head and a lot of survs use it on instinct lol. But when you're playing against reaaaal good survs then DH is a headache but I don't care, it's supposed to be this way.

  • No, the fact that Dead Hard is calc'd on the survivor side is insane. It's worse than before imo.


    Console players playing on Wifi are insanely buffed by this, people can pull out the most delayed, latest dead hards imaginable and the killer cannot do anything about it


    Legit if you have garbage internet, Dead Hard is the best perk in the entire game for you.

  • no, never have been, never will be.

1 2 ›