So did everyone just forget about Pinhead?

When he first came out, he was literally everywhere. Now in a span of three days worth of playing the game, I've only seen him once. Did the "fun-ness" die down and everyone quickly realized he was kinda bad compared to others?

Comments

  • @deadbyknightfall said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2597643#Comment_2597643

    trapper now is def not a meme killer lol and huntress hard to play? maybe on console

    Yeah, he is.

    He went from 'terrible' to 'still terrible but not forced to take specific addons now'. Trapper is still 'D' tier on any list you can name.

  • @nickofford said:

    25 killers in the game means you should be seeing any killer 4 out 100 matches

    That’s definitely the average. There’s also the deviation in the random results. Out of 1000 matches if killers are selected randomly with uniform distribution you can expect about 10% of the killers to be picked either less than 3% or more than 5% of the time.

    Of course players don’t pick killers randomly, some are more popular than others, so some are picked 8% or more of the time, well above that standard deviation. For example one person logged 1000 games as survivor recently and over 10% were against Huntress. My guess there is that Huntress is decent and also part of the base game so everybody has access to her regardless of their DLC or lack of DLC. Nemesis was also over 6%, which is probably because he was the newest DLC at the time. Least popular was Twins at 1.9%

    2,054 votes and 225 comments so far on Reddit


  • Until they change interacting with the box and bring back the voice line, it's fine by me.

  • @Elena said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2596706#Comment_2596706

    "scandal". As I said last week, nobody is talking about that anymore. Which took a week.

    Not everyone's living on the forums like you do, just because no one's talking about it on here doesn't mean it's not being talked about at all.

    People won't forget.

    Twitter especially.

  • I still Play hin alot and i really love playing him but his chains are way to hard to hit for how little rewarding they are


    Also i miss his Voice Lines it really needs to come back :(


    But his Chain Hunt is very nice and awesome when u Play him

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    I still see and hear a bit about Pinhead. Mostly complaints. He's gonna be on the nerf-happy players' monitors until Engineer's Fang gets nerfed, despite that being the sole add-on that makes him viable. After that, then he'll really fall into obscurity.

    Dont forget the calls for gutting his 1v4 and buffing his 1v1, because we dont have enough killers good at the 1v1

  • Quite frankly, he's too difficult to use for his power level (and I say this as someone who places him at mid-high B-Tier). This combined with the whole NFT ordeal leads to people not using him(either because he doesn't feel rewarding or because they're scared of being harassed for using him).

    That said, I still see him more than I see someone like Twins (I think a grand total of 7 or 8), Demo or Hag.

  • @VolantConch1719 said:

    Quite frankly, he's too difficult to use for his power level (and I say this as someone who places him at mid-high B-Tier). This combined with the whole NFT ordeal leads to people not using him(either because he doesn't feel rewarding or because they're scared of being harassed for using him).

    That said, I still see him more than I see someone like Twins (I think a grand total of 7 or 8), Demo or Hag.

    Demos are like mystical creature sightings at this point

  • Why would you want to call the killer to your player? Those chains make it almost impossible to play.

    Great movie though. (1 and 2)

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/290739/so-did-everyone-just-forget-about-pinhead

    I love Pinhead...but.

    • His M2 is so niche that it's barely worth using.
    • His voicelines were removed without any compensation.
    • He is hard countered by some maps.
    • He requires addons and very specific perks to really feel 'right'.

    Then again, at least he's in a better spot than Trickster. It says a lot when the last two killers available are mostly poop tier.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2597016#Comment_2597016

    No, no he isn't.

    Nurse is a good killer that is hard to play.

    Huntress is a good killer that's hard to play.

    Pinhead is like Trapper. He's a meme killer that's also hard to play.

    The better comparison is with Billy, the king of high effort/low reward

  • @JexxTron said:

    Why would you want to call the killer to your player? Those chains make it almost impossible to play.

    Great movie though. (1 and 2)

    Because smart players have figured out how to use the box to stick the killer in the middle of a jungle gym, or sometimes even glitch them out (not saying more on this, really don't want it to spread).

    Likely not working as intended, but unlikely to ever be changed.

    Demo and Hag have a really different playstyle that takes dozens of games to really start to understand. Despite being pretty decent, they will probably never be popular.

    Twins are just janky to play.

  • @Maperson said:

    Way to hard for how little rewarding he is

    This is exactly my reasoning and it really sucks. Pinhead is my favorite horror icon and I was super excited to hear he was coming to DBD, but when I saw his power, and how difficult it was to use (imo it's like using a portable nurse as a mini game XD) I was insta sad. His aesthetic is still awesome, he has about the coolest animations in the game, and his mori is def by far the coolest...but I am an aging, casual gamer, learning how to use that crazy power just isn't gonna work for me. That's okay...I still enjoy trickster and his simple playstyle.

  • @SMitchell8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2596658#Comment_2596658

    I got moaned at by some when I said that he's a killer nobody had seen or heard of for 20 years. He's iconic aesthetically, but he's not that popular in today's culture. Freddy and Myers still are and always will be, but not Pinhead.

    Played against one last night who was cheating. He was able to move like the nurse albeit not a blink, just flew forwards really quickly.

    Well I mean every hellraiser is garbage besides the original

  • Ever since the NFT thing I haven’t seen him that much. And when I do see him, about half of them have engineer’s fang.

  • @humanbeing1704 said:

    honestly yeah

    Really dull killer

    He's one of the best design killer for me, only if his passive slow down was stronger and Solo can communicate for coordinate team work.

    Im agree his M2 is too weak vs the skill required. Its not that his M2 should be stronger, but should be easier to control.

    Not strong in chase, but having strong passive slowdown. This is what all Killers should be designed. There is no fun with a Killer who strong in chase and tunneling one out of the game and other 3 sit on Gen hope the tunneled one runs his best.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2596675#Comment_2596675

    "scandal". As I said last week, nobody is talking about that anymore. Which took a week.

    @Topic:

    We have 25 Killers, only natural that players dont use the most recent one anymore. I also did not touch him anymore since I prestiged him with all Perks. He is fun to play, but not as fun as the Killers I really enjoy.

    Sadly, the only Pinheads I see nowadays are those who are using Engineers Fang...

    Why would anyone be talking about it further than it already has when the entire conversation is "This is wrong, I'm leaving, goodbye?" I still don't see some of these people in the forums anymore, indicating that they've made good on their word and left for good, and then there's those like me who's sticking around the forums but not playing the game.

    @OP

    If you look at the Hellraiser chapter, it's most recent reviews are overwhelmingly negative. People, even if they still play the game, probably aren't playing Pinhead out of resentment.

  • @Chilli_man2400 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2597478#Comment_2597478

    How? I think original pain is not very good cause it’s very situational. How do you use it

    If a survivor gets unhooked with BT, chain them and they will lose their Endurance effect after they break one chain. Original Pain applies deep wound to injured survivors (which also happens to counter BT).

  • @GannTM said:

    He’s a pretty fun killer to play and can be strong in the right hands.

    That sounds like a dev and you know what?he was wrong.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2597997#Comment_2597997

    Because smart players have figured out how to use the box to stick the killer in the middle of a jungle gym, or sometimes even glitch them out (not saying more on this, really don't want it to spread).

    Likely not working as intended, but unlikely to ever be changed.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2597990#Comment_2597990

    Demo and Hag have a really different playstyle that takes dozens of games to really start to understand. Despite being pretty decent, they will probably never be popular.

    Twins are just janky to play.

    Thank you. I get it now.

  • I got PinHEAD 3 times yesterday. Today., Everyone is Michael Myers. Happy HALLOWEEN

  • @sizzlingmario4 said:

    Ever since the NFT thing I haven’t seen him that much. And when I do see him, about half of them have engineer’s fang.

    It's honestly ironic, he's one of the few actual 4v1 killers in the game and Tru3 showed that Pinhead can survive at high MMR, but people who don't want to be canceled because "guilt by association" have to stay away from him when streaming. Plus Pinhead's teachables are insanely good.

  • @MarcoPoloYolo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2596706#Comment_2596706

    Why would anyone be talking about it further than it already has when the entire conversation is "This is wrong, I'm leaving, goodbye?" I still don't see some of these people in the forums anymore, indicating that they've made good on their word and left for good, and then there's those like me who's sticking around the forums but not playing the game.

    @OP

    If you look at the Hellraiser chapter, it's most recent reviews are overwhelmingly negative. People, even if they still play the game, probably aren't playing Pinhead out of resentment.

    Yes, because people are review bombing it over the NFT thing.

    Also, following "guilt by association", you're still guilty because you're here, and therefore giving BHVR attention. :)

  • @pyramidheadmain6233 said:

    When he first came out, he was literally everywhere. Now in a span of three days worth of playing the game, I've only seen him once. Did the "fun-ness" die down and everyone quickly realized he was kinda bad compared to others?

    was going to buy him, but the nft deal kinda puts me off.

  • I haven't played him in well over a month because I had 2 bad games with him in a row and both games resulted in a survivor trolling with the box at the exit gate.

    I had a few good games with him in the beginning to get the adept achievement + an undying devour game with him where I managed to kill every survivor by my hand.

    Overall I find him to be a very hit and miss killer; completely crushing solo lobbies with a bit of luck and getting steam rolled by the coordinated teams. too many killers fall into this category sadly.

  • I play him here and there with either the irredesent box or green cool down for chain hunt plus the brown candle with BBQ thrill of the hunt undying and ruin

    It's good, but really boring his possessed chain is meh I usually don't use it unless I'm checking floors or around corners I don't know I want to commit to

    It's just boring after a game or two bc his passive power does all the work and your just m1 Head

  • I kind of thought we’re at the point of so many killers people move on more quickly

  • Because he is average or below average based on the build he is using. He's also very addon dependant.

    Trickster and him are the only Killers I'll call "Loop Reliant". Their 1v1 is very weak at high wall loops. Tricksters 1v1 is still stronger due to it almost always granting a down at low wall loops while Pinheads isn't guaranteed to down even at those type of loops

1 2 ›