So the new intro cutscene...
Does it honestly look terrible to anyone else
Does it honestly look terrible to anyone else
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I don't get it.
Do you find the cutscene that plays when you open the game to be of low quality?
I meant I didn't understand the cutscene. She's having a nightmare, she's on stage, then she disappears. Eh... Not enough story for me to follow. I'd rather see her being chased in the realm while fondling some huge glowing bones or some other cool ######### that shows maybe how much of a team player she can be.
After the Trickster and Resident Evil and Hellraiser ones, this is definitely a step down. Maybe a few steps down. Mikaela's model in the cutscene looks bad: her facial expressions seem off, and I actually prefer the way she looks in-game to the way she looks in the cutscene. I think her facial structure and the details to her skin look worse in the cutscene than they do in-game.
Edit: fixed ambiguous/poor wording
It's connected to her lore - if you don't read it, you won't really understand it much.
Ya, I was going to edit my comment to say that if it's in the lore, then I wouldn't get it. I never read the lore.
A) She doesn’t need a high quality model, and
B) her model is way better quality than most of survivors were (some still?)
C) am I the only one who thinks they wanted to add some witch for no reason?
well it's october, they probably were designing things with a theme since there was an event planned and next killer isn't ready
It's a bit boring. I read her lore i get it but ...still it's boring. After the previous ones this one is bad.
Tbh, I'm just glad it isn't Yui's motorcycle destroying my eardrums.
I'm not talking about the character; I'm talking about the intro cutscene. The characters usually look better in their trailers because the animators/modelers put extra effort in since it's basically an advertisement and at least sometimes BHVR hires an outside company to do it (I'm not sure about this newest cutscene).
Edit: Realized I should specify what I mean when I say she's "low quality" in the cutscene. Her face looks off, especially when it comes to expressions. Since it's a cutscene and not in-game rendering, there's no reason it should be like that.
The cutscene is also boring. It's just one person. These cutscenes often contain a mini-story or at least some sort of ominous presence; there's a tension to them. Mikaela's cutscene feels generic and lacks any tension or pay-off.
It's obvious Freddy dragged her to the entitys realm. The Demon culls the witch it's perfect. (Yes I know this isn't the case but who cares)
I actually love it.
Imo Mikaela is disgusting
ehhh i mean i agree and i don't, cinematics are always gonna look more polished
Why?
Is the new cutscene not a cinematic?
I thought it looked really good. Mikaela is hideous, though. Not gonna lie.
Should've had her blessing totem while David King gets murdered nearby.
No, thanks.
She's barefoot...that alone makes me happy /shrug. I think she's adorable, but her story is a bit odd/not interesting =( I still adore her model though.
I didn't get it. Guess need to read the LORE! to understand whats going on.
Really!? You think she's adorable? She is by far the ugliest thing in the entire game...
I like it! I loved the whole floating on the bed thing! Kinda reminded me of The Exorcist tbh!
Huh...interesting...I will tell Hag, Plague, Charlotte, and nurse that you would love a special "visit" from them then. Mikaela is definitely nowehre NEAR the ugliest thing in the game X'D
You're right... Charlotte is a little uglier. Mikaela is the second ugliest thing in the game. I definitely wouldn't want her in my bedroom. Unless she was wearing a bag to cover up her face. She has a nice bod 😆
Uh...ah...again...HAG...PLAGUE?! Hag is like a rotting corpse and plague is half blisters and puke. I apologize, but I have to question your taste in women at LEAST a little bit X'D
Mikaela overall is an uninteresting design. Worst survivor we've got in a long time.
Ah don't worry about all that. Safe to say you've zero risk of ever running into her or any other women in your bedroom at all.
🏌️