in 4 weeks everything will be back to normal and I am hyped for Mikaela!

Everyone is acting righteous, uninstalling, boycotting etc

This will NOT last!

You will be back playing DBD, you might not admit it but you will.

Most of you will even play the chapter and the Halloween event.

I, for one, will play dbd and I am excited for the chapter and the new event.

Hopefully the storm will give us a blood hunt!

Comments

  • Do not question.

    Consume product.

  • @Clowning said:

    Do not question.

    Consume product.

    consumerism at its finest. what is caring about the enviornment?

  • @SlothGirly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2570908#Comment_2570908

    consumerism at its finest. what is caring about the enviornment?

    I am sure that you will play dbd again, you won't admit it but you will.

  • @Jasonisanicefella said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2570910#Comment_2570910

    I am sure that you will play dbd again, you won't admit it but you will.

    I've already deleted the game. You dont know a damn thing about what I will or wont do

  • Well I'm sure some people will continue playing...but I'm also sure others will not continue playing 😞.

  • Yes, I will be playing DbD still. It's like a drug. I'm not spending any money on it though; they can have my shards and that's all they're getting.

    Betting you that the word NFT is censored in the chat...

    I mean I am still excited for the changes, the event, the new chapter and the tome but everything's just been horrendously soured that I don't feel ok with enjoying the game.

    I haven't touched it still since the announcement...

  • @Bran said:

    Well I'm sure some people will continue playing...but I'm also sure others will not continue playing 😞.

    Some yes, but the majority will be back and will never even leave. We will see. I predict record breaking numbers on steam for the event (granted dbd doesn't get banned from steam)

  • @SlothGirly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2570908#Comment_2570908

    consumerism at its finest. what is caring about the enviornment?

    If we care that much about environment, we would all live as Jake does. But I agree that better not to support NFT, at least, we can do that.

  • @_NIGHTMARE_ said:

    Yes, I will be playing DbD still. It's like a drug. I'm not spending any money on it though; they can have my shards and that's all they're getting.

    Betting you that the word NFT is censored in the chat...

    I mean I am still excited for the changes, the event, the new chapter and the tome but everything's just been horrendously soured that I don't feel ok with enjoying the game.

    I haven't touched it still since the announcement...

    But the feeling will go away, and if the event is any good it will still be fun.

  • I'll still play the game that I paid for, but after this...they aren't getting any of my money ever again unless they make some serious changes. Until then I'll be buying characters and outfits with shards thank you very much.

  • @TheMadCat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2570910#Comment_2570910

    If we care that much about environment, we would all live as Jake does. But I agree that better not to support NFT, at least, we can do that.

    unfortunately no, we are too many on the planet already. Caring about the environment is directly connected to a massive population reduction. But no one wants to do that.

    I will happily play dbd if the game works (fingers crossed I am on ps4) and the event is funny

  • @Thund3rstruck57 said:

    I'll still play the game that I paid for, but after this...they aren't getting any of my money ever again unless they make some serious changes. Until then I'll be buying characters and outfits with shards thank you very much.

    I think this is what most people will do, DBD is too much fun when played with friends :)

  • @TheMadCat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2570910#Comment_2570910

    If we care that much about environment, we would all live as Jake does. But I agree that better not to support NFT, at least, we can do that.

    the issue with caring about the environment is that there's only so much a single person can do, of which is basically inconsequential. However as a community if we can stop BHVR supporting NFTs, that can go to help. The underlying issue with global warming isnt with consumers, its with corporations who try and shift the blame. So in trying to stop BHVR supporting the NFTs, we can to some small degree help against the growth, while also spreading awareness, which would hopefully lead to action.

  • @Jasonisanicefella said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2570910#Comment_2570910

    I am sure that you will play dbd again, you won't admit it but you will.

    Do not assume everyone is as morally bankrupt as yourself.

  • @TacitusKilgore said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2570916#Comment_2570916

    Do not assume everyone is as morally bankrupt as yourself.

    I guess we will see, in a couple of weeks we can check the steam numbers :)

  • I support anyone strong enough to leave this game.

    I hope most of the community is stronger than me and leaves.

    Maybe then BHVR will make some decent and not morally reprehensible decisions.

  • @SlothGirly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2570908#Comment_2570908

    consumerism at its finest. what is caring about the enviornment?

    The joke is that the consumer has the power to change how companies thread the enviroment. You do not have to buy it if it is not fitting to you moral and enviromental standarts. However for this you need clear information about the product hence why BHVRs communication is a big issue.

  • @Pulsar said:

    I support anyone strong enough to leave this game.

    I hope most of the community is stronger than me and leaves.

    Maybe then BHVR will make some decent and not morally reprehensible decisions.

    same as before, the steam numbers won't lie. I am expecting an October peak of about 85-90k which would completely show the failure of any boycott. We will see

  • @Clowning said:

    Do not question.

    Consume product.

    Clowning, what are you even angry about? I think you and everyone else is just looking for something to get angry over. This is an overblown controversy. But by all means, stop playing DBD, but you won't because like I said, you don't actually give 2 shits. You're the actual robot who's doing what you're told for reasons that you don't even know and as soon as the controversy fades you'll forget it ever even happened.

  • @Jasonisanicefella said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2570963#Comment_2570963

    same as before, the steam numbers won't lie. I am expecting an October peak of about 85-90k which would completely show the failure of any boycott. We will see

    Eh, we'll see. I dunno why you support ######### over the environment or why you don't support people leaving, but whatever.

    Maybe it's finally time to contact the news website over all those broken promises and lies over the years.

  • @konchok said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2570908#Comment_2570908

    Clowning, what are you even angry about? I think you and everyone else is just looking for something to get angry over. This is an overblown controversy. But by all means, stop playing DBD, but you won't because like I said, you don't actually give 2 shits. You're the actual robot who's doing what you're told for reasons that you don't even know and as soon as the controversy fades you'll forget it ever even happened.

    Spot on :)

  • @konchok said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2570908#Comment_2570908

    Clowning, what are you even angry about? I think you and everyone else is just looking for something to get angry over. This is an overblown controversy. But by all means, stop playing DBD, but you won't because like I said, you don't actually give 2 shits. You're the actual robot who's doing what you're told for reasons that you don't even know and as soon as the controversy fades you'll forget it ever even happened.

    so getting angry over the company behind one of our favourite games coming out in support of one of the most abhorrent inventions of modern times is nothing to get angry and passionate over? do people not have a moral conscience anymore?

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2570974#Comment_2570974

    Eh, we'll see. I dunno why you support ######### over the environment or why you don't support people leaving, but whatever.

    Maybe it's finally time to contact the news website over all those broken promises and lies over the years.

    This is just the typical internet rage of the cancel culture, it won't change anything. It's just a storm that will disappear once a new outrage starts.

    I just find funny that BHVR has always been a champion of inclusivity and diversity and that now they are getting "destroyed" over one mistake; it is like everyone forgets the support BHVR has ALWAYS given to minorities.

    I will support dbd until it is a game that gives me enjoyment, when it will cease to do so I will quit.

    And I am sure the majority will play this event. If I am wrong, I shall admit it obviously

  • 4 weeks? Next week nobody will talk about it anymore.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    4 weeks? Next week nobody will talk about it anymore.

    oh well, I just wanted to give it a bit more time. My original title was supposed to be "2 weeks" then I changed it before posting :)

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    4 weeks? Next week nobody will talk about it anymore.

    I'm going to just to spite you now.

    That's a joke. Mostly

  • 4 weeks? You mean 4 days lol. People will forget about it and happily buy cosmetics again.

    That is the nature of addiction after all

  • @ShinobuSK said:

    4 weeks? You mean 4 days lol. People will forget about it and happily buy cosmetics again.

    That is the nature of addiction after all

    true, but I wanted to be conservative not to make a fool of myself :)

  • @TacitusKilgore said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2570916#Comment_2570916

    Do not assume everyone is as morally bankrupt as yourself.

    Look at this morally upright human being. I bet you play wholesome games and post to wholesome forums and go to wholesome churches.

  • @konchok said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2570949#Comment_2570949

    Look at this morally upright human being. I bet you play wholesome games and post to wholesome forums and go to wholesome churches.

    Nope. But i do at least stick to my ideals, regardless of what i may lose out on doing so. Certainly unlike some people.

  • @SlothGirly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2570983#Comment_2570983

    so getting angry over the company behind one of our favourite games coming out in support of one of the most abhorrent inventions of modern times is nothing to get angry and passionate over? do people not have a moral conscience anymore?

    You need to be specific, do you find cryptocurrencies abhorrent or do you find NFTs abhorrent?

  • @konchok said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2570989#Comment_2570989

    You need to be specific, do you find cryptocurrencies abhorrent or do you find NFTs abhorrent?

    what's to be specific about? Both are run on the same technology, contribute to the same problem and are ultimately directly connected.

  • @TacitusKilgore said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2571003#Comment_2571003

    Nope. But i do at least stick to my ideals, regardless of what i may lose out on doing so. Certainly unlike some people.

    What are your glorious, godly, undeniably holy ideals that you speak of?

  • @Jasonisanicefella said:

    Everyone is acting righteous, uninstalling, boycotting etc

    This will NOT last!

    You will be back playing DBD, you might not admit it but you will.

    Most of you will even play the chapter and the Halloween event.

    I, for one, will play dbd and I am excited for the chapter and the new event.

    Hopefully the storm will give us a blood hunt!

    I said that about Covid once, now we're 2 years into people acting stupid with no end in sight. I welcome the chaos. Keep drinking that orange juice Kripparian!

  • @SlothGirly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2571009#Comment_2571009

    what's to be specific about? Both are run on the same technology, contribute to the same problem and are ultimately directly connected.

    And why do you feel that they are abhorrent, and what problems do you feel that they cause?

  • @PigMainBigBrain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/287875/in-4-weeks-everything-will-be-back-to-normal-and-i-am-hyped-for-mikaela

    I said that about Covid once, now we're 2 years into people acting stupid with no end in sight. I welcome the chaos. Keep drinking that orange juice Kripparian!

    Are you comparing Covid with the outrage of the dbd community? really?

  • @konchok said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2571011#Comment_2571011

    And why do you feel that they are abhorrent, and what problems do you feel that they cause?

    hmm, it's almost like they consume exorbitant amounts of energy that is greater than some countries. they contribute more to global warming than some fully developed countries. a majority of the energy they consume for transactions is wasted energy. NFTs are most commonly attributed to art theft. They're used for ponzi schemes. they cam be pyramid schemes. cryptos are used for many illegal purchases.

    The list goes on.

  • @konchok said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2570908#Comment_2570908

    Clowning, what are you even angry about? I think you and everyone else is just looking for something to get angry over. This is an overblown controversy. But by all means, stop playing DBD, but you won't because like I said, you don't actually give 2 shits. You're the actual robot who's doing what you're told for reasons that you don't even know and as soon as the controversy fades you'll forget it ever even happened.

    Out of the two of us, you seem far more emotional, my dude. I'm not mad, if anything I'm glad Behaviour is getting what they've had coming to them for all the lack of transparency we've been seeing lately. They're not our friends, they're a brand, a corporation, and this is a great way to remind people, because they should be aware of that fact. I'm sick of brands pretending they're one of us and that they care and I'm even more annoyed by people who eat it all up or even worse, blindly consume without questioning anythig.

  • I dunno about 'everyone' I assume most don't care, and it's those people who will keep coming back to the game. You'd be surprised that there are plenty of people who will put down a game in protest. I don't think it will hurt the game, but I think you discredit them too much, as there are always newer players coming in alongside once again, people who just do not care.

  • Sure we will play but a huge chunk of the community won't ever buy licensed dlc unless they clearly state "this dlc is nft free"

  • @Badonkadonk said:

    I dunno about 'everyone' I assume most don't care, and it's those people who will keep coming back to the game. You'd be surprised that there are plenty of people who will put down a game in protest. I don't think it will hurt the game, but I think you discredit them too much, as there are always newer players coming in alongside once again, people who just do not care.

    Getting Twitter involved is never good for PR.

  • @SlothGirly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2571014#Comment_2571014

    hmm, it's almost like they consume exorbitant amounts of energy that is greater than some countries. they contribute more to global warming than some fully developed countries. a majority of the energy they consume for transactions is wasted energy. NFTs are most commonly attributed to art theft. They're used for ponzi schemes. they cam be pyramid schemes. cryptos are used for many illegal purchases.

    The list goes on.

    Cryptocurrencies also create a form of currency that is not monopolized by governments. NFTs provide a way for artists to be able to create and sell artwork digitally in a way that shows authenticity. You see I agree with you, I do. But these things are not black and white. And I'd personally rather not piss of the license holders of PinHead because you know what would actually suck, it would suck to have more than PinHeads lines removed.

  • @konchok said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2571023#Comment_2571023

    Cryptocurrencies also create a form of currency that is not monopolized by governments. NFTs provide a way for artists to be able to create and sell artwork digitally in a way that shows authenticity. You see I agree with you, I do. But these things are not black and white. And I'd personally rather not piss of the license holders of PinHead because you know what would actually suck, it would suck to have more than PinHeads lines removed.

    if you want a piece of artwork, just go get a commission from a twitter artist. The artist will be able to confirm it's your commission, and that you now own it. Unlike you, I'd gladly piss off the licence holders, and to be frank, I'm ashamed I can't get a refund. Had I known my money would go to support a company behind NFTs I would never have bought Pinhead. What's more important? Some bald white guy with a box in a video game, or your sense of morality?

  • @Jasonisanicefella said:

    Everyone is acting righteous, uninstalling, boycotting etc

    This will NOT last!

    You will be back playing DBD, you might not admit it but you will.

    Most of you will even play the chapter and the Halloween event.

    I, for one, will play dbd and I am excited for the chapter and the new event.

    Hopefully the storm will give us a blood hunt!

    Don't question my right to literally just turn off the game and come back when they balance it out. The devs need me the main killer, not the casual survivor, I am the reason the game is even still in play all killers are the reason and it's ironic they think survivors are the one's buying outfits, I hardly see them use addons let alone "cash" to buy a costume for a game they play "casually" if I can endure the aggravation and or boredom of the boons I may think of it.

  • @Jasonisanicefella said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2570925#Comment_2570925

    But the feeling will go away, and if the event is any good it will still be fun.

    'The feeling will go away'


    I've held onto a grudge against FFXIV for years, despite all my friends picking it up. DBD can eat my entire ass.

  • @SabunoHakia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/287875/in-4-weeks-everything-will-be-back-to-normal-and-i-am-hyped-for-mikaela

    Don't question my right to literally just turn off the game and come back when they balance it out. The devs need me the main killer, not the casual survivor, I am the reason the game is even still in play all killers are the reason and it's ironic they think survivors are the one's buying outfits, I hardly see them use addons let alone "cash" to buy a costume for a game they play "casually" if I can endure the aggravation and or boredom of the boons I may think of it.

    sure, we will see the steam numbers once the event drops :)

  • @Jasonisanicefella said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2571040#Comment_2571040

    sure, we will see the steam numbers once the event drops :)

    Oh making a profit sure but when the que times for a surplus of survivors increases because killers don't want to deal with improved hexes "boons" they will come back when it changes most likely. Or not at all because you know on this one thing killers should just play something else untill they are brought to the same level of hexes.

  • EVENTUALLY, the killers will leave and then remarketing the game as survivor vs survivor island! Your boring fantasies come true!

  • @SabunoHakia said:

    EVENTUALLY, the killers will leave and then remarketing the game as survivor vs survivor island! Your boring fantasies come true!

    but this discussion is not about game balance lol

    That said, I don't like MMR either and I would like dbd to be way more casual, but that doesn't change that the event will be successful

  • I don’t like the NFT situation but honestly it’s not the end of the world. I just want to keep enjoying the game.

‹ 1 2 3