Penalize Camping Killers

I can not count the number of times killers have hung around camping players preventing other survivors from helping, knocking everyone down & leaving us to bleed out, and other BS.

Why can’t killers also get penalized for their bad behavior?

Comments

  • Behaviour please, punish camping Killers, but let us survivors keep genrushing games in less than 5 minutes.

    We only want to Rush and escape as 4 players premade, not Fair getting camped :(

    Nerf Killers please, we want to do a basement rescue against Bubba and then tbag Him at the doors

  • DO THE GENS

    You can say it sucks for the guy on the hook all you want, you can say that it's bad form. It doesn't change the fact that doing the gens is still THE RIGHT PLAY and finishes the game faster then feeding the camper.

    Besides... half the time people call "camper" you can point to the survivors and how they brought it about. Either by fast saves, looping nearby, or getting caught near the last generators.

    And Frankly, why should people NOT camp when I don't see survivors exactly slowing down on gens either.

    Both sides play to win, deal with it.

  • You get send into timeout and might be eliminated with the first hook. That has ALWAYS been the truth in this game. You're never entitled to getting a second chance either.

    There is never a time in the game a survivor "didnt get to play the game" when he actually did and failed splendidly by gtting downed and hooked.

    Imagine CS players going like " i didnt like i got sniped through a door, let me respawn".

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2565798#Comment_2565798

    If there's a billion ways, surely you could list a few.

    Relocate the hook. Create a boundary around at the base of the hook. Slow down the killer near the hook. Disable their power near the hook. Disable grabbing near the hook. Make Camaraderie base kit and last longer. Make Slippery Meat base kit and if you succeed, give the player endurance. Make unhooking a player faster the longer the killer is near it.

    A lot of ways. As I said before: theres no way to make camping fun for survivors and killers both. That doesnt mean the games balance is a tragedy. The killer has 3 other survivors to chase and play with. So it should stay that way.

  • @throwaway79465468797 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2565852#Comment_2565852

    Relocate the hook. Create a boundary around at the base of the hook. Slow down the killer near the hook. Disable their power near the hook. Disable grabbing near the hook. Make Camaraderie base kit and last longer. Make Slippery Meat base kit and if you succeed, give the player endurance. Make unhooking a player faster the longer the killer is near it.

    A lot of ways. As I said before: theres no way to make camping fun for survivors and killers both. That doesnt mean the games balance is a tragedy. The killer has 3 other survivors to chase and play with. So it should stay that way.

    Relocate the hook ~ What is this predicated on? The Killer's proximity to the Survivor? It can't be, since other Survivors can sit within the Killer's LOS to force a relocation.

    Create a boundary ~ That would remove hook grabs entirely and make any rescue guaranteed.

    Slowing down the Killer ~ Looping near the hook just became a lot more popular, congratulations.

    Disable their power near the hook ~ Again, looping just became hugely viable near hook. You are creating potential infinite's. But, of course, that wouldn't ever be abused.

    Disable grabs ~ Ah, yes. Take away any skill required to unhook someone. Go for a stupid unhook? No worries, you can't be grabbed!

    Camaraderie Basekit ~ No, because this will allow people to leave each other on hook to rush gens. Camaraderie is already 34 extra seconds of time and you want to buff that and make it basekit? No.

    Slipper Meat basekit with Endurance ~ No. 4% should stay 4% because being able to unhook yourself is extremely powerful.

    Unhooking is faster the longer the Killer is nearby ~ Again, this gets abused instantly. Loop the Killer nearby for a second and farm a free unhook.


    The Killer has to chase 3 other Survivors who will be having the easiest games of their lives if any of your proposed changes go live.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2566519#Comment_2566519

    Relocate the hook ~ What is this predicated on? The Killer's proximity to the Survivor? It can't be, since other Survivors can sit within the Killer's LOS to force a relocation.

    Create a boundary ~ That would remove hook grabs entirely and make any rescue guaranteed.

    Slowing down the Killer ~ Looping near the hook just became a lot more popular, congratulations.

    Disable their power near the hook ~ Again, looping just became hugely viable near hook. You are creating potential infinite's. But, of course, that wouldn't ever be abused.

    Disable grabs ~ Ah, yes. Take away any skill required to unhook someone. Go for a stupid unhook? No worries, you can't be grabbed!

    Camaraderie Basekit ~ No, because this will allow people to leave each other on hook to rush gens. Camaraderie is already 34 extra seconds of time and you want to buff that and make it basekit? No.

    Slipper Meat basekit with Endurance ~ No. 4% should stay 4% because being able to unhook yourself is extremely powerful.

    Unhooking is faster the longer the Killer is nearby ~ Again, this gets abused instantly. Loop the Killer nearby for a second and farm a free unhook.

    The Killer has to chase 3 other Survivors who will be having the easiest games of their lives if any of your proposed changes go live.

    I didn't tell you that so you could pick them apart. Though I totally understand your reason for asking and saw this coming a mile away. I'll repeat it one last time so maybe you'll see my point: camping cannot be fun for killers and survivors. Give survivors an opportunity to play. Killers have 3 other people to play with. Not going to argue beyond that.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2565701#Comment_2565701

    Oh, like how Survivors can rush gens and deny the Killer the ability to play the game?

    Is that taking advantage of game mechanics?

    It is? I'm glad that we agree.

    Killer can still play... Is it fun, though? No. Camping stops the survivor from actually playing the game. It's a problem that does need a fix.

  • @throwaway79465468797 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2566533#Comment_2566533

    I didn't tell you that so you could pick them apart. Though I totally understand your reason for asking and saw this coming a mile away. I'll repeat it one last time so maybe you'll see my point: camping cannot be fun for killers and survivors. Give survivors an opportunity to play. Killers have 3 other people to play with. Not going to argue beyond that.

    If they were bad ideas, and you knew they were, then why did you say them? Of course I'm going to point out their flaws, who wouldn't.

    Let's say we do it your way. Killers are no longer allowed to camp. What's the compensation?

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2565798#Comment_2565798

    If there's a billion ways, surely you could list a few.

    There has to be a way. Do I know what that is? No. I don't think it's impossible.

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2565773#Comment_2565773

    Killer can still play... Is it fun, though? No. Camping stops the survivor from actually playing the game. It's a problem that does need a fix.

    They played beforehand.

    What's your idea for compensation? A speed boost until you get within X meters of a Survivor(s) after a successful hook? Default BBQ aura-reading?

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2565852#Comment_2565852

    There has to be a way. Do I know what that is? No. I don't think it's impossible.

    Well, I can't think of one. You can't think of one. BHVR can't think of one.

    So it seems pretty unlikely that it's going to happen.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2566547#Comment_2566547

    If they were bad ideas, and you knew they were, then why did you say them? Of course I'm going to point out their flaws, who wouldn't.

    Let's say we do it your way. Killers are no longer allowed to camp. What's the compensation?

    I didn't say that I knew they were bad ideas. They are not bad ideas, even when you try to pick them apart as you've done already. The purpose of those changes are there to be a disadvantage for the killer. If they choose to camp a hook knowing that, then it's their own fault.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2566555#Comment_2566555

    Well, I can't think of one. You can't think of one. BHVR can't think of one.

    So it seems pretty unlikely that it's going to happen.

    Will it happen? Who knows.

  • @throwaway79465468797 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2566553#Comment_2566553

    I didn't say that I knew they were bad ideas. They are not bad ideas, even when you try to pick them apart as you've done already. The purpose of those changes are there to be a disadvantage for the killer. If they choose to camp a hook knowing that, then it's their own fault.

    Oh, okay. They aren't supposed to be balanced, got it. Glad we established that.

    Which brings us to the crux of the issue. This isn't a balance discussion. It's about how it feels and it feels different for different people.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2566562#Comment_2566562

    Oh, okay. They aren't supposed to be balanced, got it. Glad we established that.

    Right, camping is not supposed to be balanced. I think I tried to tell you 3 or 4 times now

  • @throwaway79465468797 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2566567#Comment_2566567

    Right, camping is not supposed to be balanced. I think I tried to tell you 3 or 4 times now

    Wanna see something cool?

    @not_Queen said:

    Please remember that Dead by Daylight’s end user license agreement which can be found on https://deadbydaylight.com/en/eula (the “EULA”) governs your participation and use of the game and its associated upgrades, patches, and updates and related services. In case of conflict between the EULA and this page, the EULA will prevail.

    Hello, good people of the fog!

    We now have a team Associate Community Managers, as well as an updated in-game report system.
    With your help, we will be able to find the players who are creating a bad game experience and punish them appropriately, making the game a better place.

    HOW TO REPORT A PLAYER

    You may only report things that happen directly to you or in a game that you were in.
    Reporting for other people is not allowed and these reports will be discarded.
    (ie. Reporting someone on behalf of a friend, streamer, or other)

    Fill the In-game report

    An In-game report MUST be made. This is not optional, and is a must to help us identify the person in your game as well as find any other evidence we need.

    Customer Support ticket?

    • Video evidence is required or heavily suggested for some offenses, please refer to the lists below.
    • Whilst you can report offenses directly to our support, please only do so for serious offenses like cheating, hacking, DOX/death threats.

    Discarded reports reasons

    THE FOLLOWING ARE NOT CONSIDERED BANNABLE OFFENSES - PLEASE DO NOT REPORT

    • Camping
    • Slugging
    • Tunneling
    • Streamsniping
    • Teabagging
    • Bodyblocking
    • Looping

    NOTE:
    We do not control anything that happens outside of Dead by Daylight.
    This includes private Steam messages/groups/names, PS4/XBOX messages, Discord messages, Twitch/social media interactions, etc. Anything that occurs on these platforms must be reported to the respective authorities.

    PERMANENT BANS

    List of bannable offenses

    Hacking in-game exclusives and / or legacy skins

    The acquiring of any in-game skin through anything other than official channels (ie. codes, giveaways, etc.)
    The possession of legacy skins without earning them. The cutoff to earn legacy skins happened on November 24, 2016. If a player has obtained legacy skins after this date, then it is considered cheating.
    In-game report REQUIRED / Customer Support ticket REQUIRED

    Cheated progress / modifying your save file

    We need the profile of the person you are reporting. Reportable via support team.
    Using any 3rd party software or other method to cheat your save file or any measure of progress contained within your save file. This includes using someone else’s save file.
    In-game report REQUIRED / Customer Support ticket REQUIRED

    Threats

    Excessive and serious threats against someone, including DOX threats, life threats, disclosing private information, etc.
    You can fill a support ticket to provide more information, Screenshots and video are optional, but highly recommended.
    Reminder: everything that happens out of the game should be reported to the appropriate platform. (ie: Twitch, Discord, Steam, Sony, Microsoft)
    In-game report REQUIRED / Customer Support ticket OPTIONAL

    Other Hacks

    In-game report under Unsportsmanlike is MANDATORY
    Using 3rd party software or other tools to gain any kind of unfair advantage that wasn’t intended by the game, except if they have been whitelisted by us. We are not banning for the use of communication apps.
    In-game report REQUIRED / Customer Support ticket REQUIRED

    TEMPORARY BAN

    List of bannable offenses

    24h -> 48h -> 1w -> Permanent

    This is a sliding scale and determined on a case-by-case basis. If an offense is considered to be particularly egregious, the duration of the ban may skip one or more steps in this process.

    Any previous permanent bans on your record will result in all future offenses being a permanent ban.

    Harassment: Communications Abuse

    • Insults, intimidation, hateful speech, repeated harassment
      In-game report REQUIRED / Customer Support ticket OPTIONAL

    Griefing: Intentional Gameplay Abuse

    • Working with the opposite team to gain an advantage or grief teammates
    • Targeting specific users repeatedly in order to ruin their game experience
    • Holding the game hostage
      In-game report REQUIRED / Customer Support ticket OPTIONAL

    Exploits: Abusing bugs or errors in design to gain a competitive advantage

    • Advertising exploits
    • Exploit bugs, errors in design, or undocumented features to gain access to what otherwise would not be available or to obtain a competitive advantage
      In-game report REQUIRED / Customer Support ticket OPTIONAL

    Specific exploits that we will ban for until they are resolved:

    • Bloodweb Progress/Prestige Exploit
    • 2+ Killer Exploits

    Unsportsmanlike Conduct

    • Botting
    • Lag switching
    • Disconnects (leaving the match before killed or sacrificed) - DO NOT REPORT
      For both Botting and Lag switching, in-game reports are REQUIRED / Customer Support ticket OPTIONAL

    About Disconnects bans - DO NOT REPORT

    Disconnects are handled by the disconnection penalty system. No further action will be taken on reports.

    BAN APPEALS

    Cannot be appealed

    • Temporary bans
    • Social Media bans/blocks (Twitch, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram)
    • Unofficial Fan sites / Fan groups

    Forum bans: APPEALS

    Please check this link.
    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/kb/articles/140-ban-appeals

    Permanent bans : APPEALS

    Send a Ticket to support.deadbydaylight.com
    If the ban is an automated EAC ban, please contact EAC directly. https://www.easy.ac/en-us/support/game/contact/appeal/

    Console bans

    The rules are the same as the PC bans

    Crossplatform ban evasion

    Players who have violated our rules multiple times leading to permanent bans could get their access revoked on any accounts they make if the player is seen committing bannable offenses after the very first permanent ban. The structure and severity of these bans are followed throughout any platform.

    Abuse of Support Services

    This includes making false support tickets and lying to support agents. Our agents are always here to help the community. However, those making false tickets just to get a step ahead of everyone else and take advantage hinders our ability to better help everyone. Penalties include suspension of your support services, up to a permanent ban of your in-game account.

    Camping is a part of the game. To nerf one side (that is already at a disadvantage) and give the other side a massive buff, you need to balance it out.

    I've tried to argue with you in good faith, but you are totally uninterested in the facts I've presented. You only seem to care about how it feels and as such, there is no way for me to convince you.

    Ergo, there is no point for this discussion to continue.

  • @throwaway79465468797 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2566533#Comment_2566533

    I didn't tell you that so you could pick them apart. Though I totally understand your reason for asking and saw this coming a mile away. I'll repeat it one last time so maybe you'll see my point: camping cannot be fun for killers and survivors. Give survivors an opportunity to play. Killers have 3 other people to play with. Not going to argue beyond that.

    Honestly I think if devour and bbq were basekit, that would solve it. No more facecamping, and everyone gets to play. How about it?

  • @GuyFawx said:

    Killers that camp should increase gen repair speed by 5-10%

    That’sa great idea. If a killer wants to sit in front of a hooked survivor, let the other survivors finish the gens faster so we can move on to the next game.

    But what if the killer is around that hooked survivor because they’re chasing another survivor? How will the game know the difference!? The game knows. It’s not hard to program an exception like “if killer chasing 2nd survivor, gens repair at regular speed.” What about a game where you have 2 stories? Devs can write code for 1st/2nd floor for location.

    What’s your incentive as a killer to leave that hooked survivor? To kill survivorS. To prevent gens from being completed. To prevent those meddling kids from getting off the map. I’m not sure how watching paint dry (people dye on hooks) is fun for anyone. You have things like Tinkerer, BBQ & Chili, Pop, Nurse’s Calling, etc. where you CAN SEE where players are. Legion can see players nearby when his abilities activate. Freddy can teleport to gens being worked on. Demi can teleport too and has a perk where he can see survivors when he comes out of portals. Pin can teleport to whoever has his box and the stupid chain frenzy that works across THE ENTIRE MAP for about a hot minute (I haven’t actually timed it).

    Good killers can take out all survivors without a single gen getting done. And I will die happily on those killer’s hooks.

  • Alright, I take it you’re regularly a killer. What would incentive you to go hunt other survivors rather then sit there watching grass grow?

  • @Eeni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2566651#Comment_2566651

    Alright, I take it you’re regularly a killer. What would incentive you to go hunt other survivors rather then sit there watching grass grow?

    Make devour hope basekit, but add 2 stacks to each requirement, so it takes more hooks to get the Mori and exposed. Also make BBQ basekit, along with Empathy on survivor side.

  • @Eeni said:

    I can not count the number of times killers have hung around camping players preventing other survivors from helping, knocking everyone down & leaving us to bleed out, and other BS.

    If I DC, I get penalized. Why can’t killers also get penalized for their bad behavior?

    For the same reason survivors don't get punished for blocking hooks and the killer.

    Because devs don't care and everyone feels entitled to play how they want for a game they paid for.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2566569#Comment_2566569

    Wanna see something cool?

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/19450/game-rules-and-report-system

    Camping is a part of the game. To nerf one side (that is already at a disadvantage) and give the other side a massive buff, you need to balance it out.

    I've tried to argue with you in good faith, but you are totally uninterested in the facts I've presented. You only seem to care about how it feels and as such, there is no way for me to convince you.

    Ergo, there is no point for this discussion to continue.

    I'm not worried about what is or isn't considered part of the game. The fact that it's considered part of the game is an issue in and of itself. And there are ways to fix that, which you asked me to present to you. But for some reason your only desire was to try and prove that "camping can't be balanced", which again I told you was also true. So where are we going with this exactly?

  • @Nicholas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/287426/penalize-camping-killers

    A possible remedy is forthcoming, who knows what it will entail. Maybe the hook will teleport to a new location if they camp lol

    Yeah no, Pyramid head already has that ability and it's not that usefull, old PH was funnier because he could put his trail near the cage

  • @Eeni said:

    I can not count the number of times killers have hung around camping players preventing other survivors from helping, knocking everyone down & leaving us to bleed out, and other BS.

    If I DC, I get penalized. Why can’t killers also get penalized for their bad behavior?

    Well maybe if you didn't swarm the hook the second the guy gets hooked, the killer would have a reason to step away from the hook. Seriously that guy can marinate on the hook for like 15 seconds and still be on first hook state. Give the killer some room to breathe.

  • @Kira15233 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2565481#Comment_2565481

    Yeah no, Pyramid head already has that ability and it's not that usefull, old PH was funnier because he could put his trail near the cage

    I think you can still put the trail near the cage but you need to be quick, if you stay near the cage for too long it moves away, the trail should stay active.

  • @Madjura said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2566780#Comment_2566780

    I think you can still put the trail near the cage but you need to be quick, if you stay near the cage for too long it moves away, the trail should stay active.

    You don't have time, if you are already near the cage and try to put your trail, cages already moves after 5 seconds of being in the radius

  • @Nicholas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/287426/penalize-camping-killers

    A possible remedy is forthcoming, who knows what it will entail. Maybe the hook will teleport to a new location if they camp lol

    There's already a remedy: doing gens.

  • Just try to kobe and then dont hit skillchecks on hook and go to the next game.

  • Hook penalties have been tried in the past - they did nothing except open nasty exploits that the survivors could take advantage of.

    There's already things in place that curtail the worst of the behaviors - such as certain powers not being usable a certain distance from the hook

    There's also perks that let killers trade giving the hook distance in exchange for points or power in exchange - and the worst among our playerbase complained about that as well.

    The bottom line is this... there is 4 survivors, 1 killer. Factor that in with the following

    • it takes 2 minutes (120 seconds) to die on first hook
    • it takes 80 seconds solo a generator, times that by the number of survivors in play.

    There is literally no reason more than 1 survivor should die if a killer camps on first down other than unmitigated greed for points and misplaced altruism where you shouldn't be showing any in the first place.

  • @Kira15233 That's true, but I wonder what the mechanic will be.

    @DaWeezerd As the devs said, this isn't what happens, so a remedy to face camping is coming. And on your other point, I agree about swarming. Especially the people without BT that instantly rescue before The Killer could even move an inch away and then complain about camping and tunneling.

  • @Noz said:

    Just try to kobe and then dont hit skillchecks on hook and go to the next game.

    How is that a solution? Why is it okay for one player to just create a situation that isn't fun for four other players and where the only way out is to essentially not play the game?

    Being camped isn't fun. Sitting on generators because someone else is being camped isn't fun. The only person having fun in that situation (maybe) is the Killer. No one else is having fun that game. I don't think that's okay.

  • @Madjura said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2566791#Comment_2566791

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2566793#Comment_2566793

    How is that a solution? Why is it okay for one player to just create a situation that isn't fun for four other players and where the only way out is to essentially not play the game?

    Being camped isn't fun. Sitting on generators because someone else is being camped isn't fun. The only person having fun in that situation (maybe) is the Killer. No one else is having fun that game. I don't think that's okay.

    No fun for what should only be 5 minutes out of your night. Seems like a good trade in order to get past a bad player.

    To me, no fun for 5 minutes is better than dealing with rehooks from a camper for the next 10 minutes because you keep feeding them. Besides... if you do it enough you'll eventually train them that it's not profitable.

  • @FrenziedRoach said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2566797#Comment_2566797

    No fun for what should only be 5 minutes out of your night. Seems like a good trade in order to get past a bad player.

    To me, no fun for 5 minutes is better than dealing with rehooks from a camper for the next 10 minutes because you keep feeding them. Besides... if you do it enough you'll eventually train them that it's not profitable.

    There is no guarantee that you won't get another camper in your next game. And even if it's "just" 5 minutes, why is that okay? Why is it okay for someone to just ruin the fun of other people?

    Besides... if you do it enough you'll eventually train them that it's not profitable.

    Camping complaints are as old as the game itself. Your advice is too. How many more years do you think it will take for the campers to stop? Apparently five years was not enough.

  • @AsherFrost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2566728#Comment_2566728

    Make devour hope basekit, but add 2 stacks to each requirement, so it takes more hooks to get the Mori and exposed. Also make BBQ basekit, along with Empathy on survivor side.

    I’m ok with allowing the Haste part of Devour as a basekit. But being able to down or permanent exposure is just asking killers to stay near hooked survivors just so you can down more survivors.

    I’m not sure how to feel about BBQ as a basekit. As a survivor, I feel it gives killers too much of an edge because you’d be able to have that trigger at least 7 times in one game. On top of whatever other perk you might have to see me running around.

  • @Madjura said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2566800#Comment_2566800

    There is no guarantee that you won't get another camper in your next game. And even if it's "just" 5 minutes, why is that okay? Why is it okay for someone to just ruin the fun of other people?

    Besides... if you do it enough you'll eventually train them that it's not profitable.

    Camping complaints are as old as the game itself. Your advice is too. How many more years do you think it will take for the campers to stop? Apparently five years was not enough.

    My advice is old because PEOPLE REFUSE TO TRAIN THESE KILLERS OTHERWISE.

    I guarantee that if players actually punished these killers properly, you'd see less of them. And even if they are a legit salt-miner looking to get a rise out of you - too many in this community feed said trolls by giving them the salt they're feeding on.

    This community is in a purgatory of their own making - but they're so entitled or lacking in self-awareness they just can't see it.

  • @Eeni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2566735#Comment_2566735

    I’m ok with allowing the Haste part of Devour as a basekit. But being able to down or permanent exposure is just asking killers to stay near hooked survivors just so you can down more survivors.

    I’m not sure how to feel about BBQ as a basekit. As a survivor, I feel it gives killers too much of an edge because you’d be able to have that trigger at least 7 times in one game. On top of whatever other perk you might have to see me running around.

    If they stay near hooked survivors, then they aren't getting stacks on devour for the Mori. If they are at the point of getting the Mori, (under the higher requirements, say 7 stacks instead of 5) they won't be hooking people anymore. (9hooks is a 4k after all)

    BBQ doesn't last for very long, far enough away and it's basically just a guess at the survivor's general location because it's gone before you start moving.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2565971#Comment_2565971

    But I, like the developers, simply fail to see the problem. I think it is more or less just you, fam. I hope you get what you want, sincerely... I am just thinking that the chance is not overly high.

    Only it isn't because you came here after I commented on a prokiller thing with facts about how it breaks gameplay. Then you continued to not add anything to the topic here like I haven't seen you commenting on multiple people's threads telling them they are wrong for wanting it penalized. So where did you see it was only me again? Oh that's right you want to use pointless objections using the rules we are trying to change. Got it lol.

    You have no ground to stand on and it's just as bad as over-vaulting and facers should be treated as such. Penalized for abusing it

  • Hook camping is just something that is sometimes nessicary and punishing it because it hurts your feelings is not how you balance the game.

    If a I hook a survivor near gens or a totem you can bet your ass I will stick around that area because it allows me to pressure multiple survivor objectives.

  • @Crowman said:

    Hook camping is just something that is sometimes nessicary and punishing it because it hurts your feelings is not how you balance the game.

    If a I hook a survivor near gens or a totem you can bet your ass I will stick around that area because it allows me to pressure multiple survivor objectives.

    Camping isn't an issue because it hurts anyone's feelings. If it hurt their feelings then they should take a break because they've probably been camped numerous times over a span of several games.

    Camping is an issue because it holds a player hostage against their will which coincidentally is a reportable offense. Whether or not camping is acceptable or not is irrelevant information. In fact it's more damning that camping is even considered an acceptable strategy.

    Why have the option to report someone for holding a player hostage then say camping is an acceptable form of gameplay... kind of ridiculous if you ask me

  • @throwaway79465468797 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2566937#Comment_2566937

    Camping isn't an issue because it hurts anyone's feelings. If it hurt their feelings then they should take a break because they've probably been camped numerous times over a span of several games.

    Camping is an issue because it holds a player hostage against their will which coincidentally is a reportable offense. Whether or not camping is acceptable or not is irrelevant information. In fact it's more damning that camping is even considered an acceptable strategy.

    Why have the option to report someone for holding a player hostage then say camping is an acceptable form of gameplay... kind of ridiculous if you ask me

    Camping is not holding the game hostage. For the game to be held hostage, it needs to be unable to progress. A camped player will die within 2 minutes, max, thereby progressing the game.

  • @throwaway79465468797 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2566937#Comment_2566937

    Camping isn't an issue because it hurts anyone's feelings. If it hurt their feelings then they should take a break because they've probably been camped numerous times over a span of several games.

    Camping is an issue because it holds a player hostage against their will which coincidentally is a reportable offense. Whether or not camping is acceptable or not is irrelevant information. In fact it's more damning that camping is even considered an acceptable strategy.

    Why have the option to report someone for holding a player hostage then say camping is an acceptable form of gameplay... kind of ridiculous if you ask me

    You aren't being held hostage on the hook. You can always just suicide on the hook.

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2566947#Comment_2566947

    You aren't being held hostage on the hook. You can always just suicide on the hook.

    Yes... how could I forget 😂

    @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2566947#Comment_2566947

    Camping is not holding the game hostage. For the game to be held hostage, it needs to be unable to progress. A camped player will die within 2 minutes, max, thereby progressing the game.

    I didn't say anything about holding the game hostage. If you look clearly at the reportable offenses in game, I'm almost certain it mentions specifically targeting individual players. That is a reportable offense.

  • @throwaway79465468797 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2566954#Comment_2566954

    Yes... how could I forget 😂

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2566953#Comment_2566953

    I didn't say anything about holding the game hostage. If you look clearly at the reportable offenses in game, I'm almost certain it mentions specifically targeting individual players. That is a reportable offense.

    I didn't say anything about holding the game hostage. If you look clearly at the reportable offenses in game, I'm almost certain it mentions specifically targeting individual players. That is a reportable offense.

    It's not, though, and the mods have already pointed that out many times.

  • @throwaway79465468797 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2566954#Comment_2566954

    Yes... how could I forget 😂

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2566953#Comment_2566953

    I didn't say anything about holding the game hostage. If you look clearly at the reportable offenses in game, I'm almost certain it mentions specifically targeting individual players. That is a reportable offense.

    Which means you need to prove that the killer is going out of their way to target you over other players over multiple games. Having 1 game where you get tunneled or camped to death is not being targeted.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2566964#Comment_2566964

    I didn't say anything about holding the game hostage. If you look clearly at the reportable offenses in game, I'm almost certain it mentions specifically targeting individual players. That is a reportable offense.

    It's not, though, and the mods have already pointed that out many times.

    Which is why it's rather ironic, and basically a joke, that it's a reportable offense and still acceptable.

  • @throwaway79465468797 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2566954#Comment_2566954

    Yes... how could I forget 😂

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2566953#Comment_2566953

    I didn't say anything about holding the game hostage. If you look clearly at the reportable offenses in game, I'm almost certain it mentions specifically targeting individual players. That is a reportable offense.

    when it says targeting specific individuals it means over the course of multiple games

  • @throwaway79465468797 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2566965#Comment_2566965

    Which is why it's rather ironic, and basically a joke, that it's a reportable offense and still acceptable.

    It's not a reportable offense, though. It only seems ironic because you're working off a faulty assumption.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2566968#Comment_2566968

    It's not a reportable offense, though. It only seems ironic because you're working off a faulty assumption.

    If it's not against the rules that doesn't make it faulty. There are rules that support camping being an offense regardless. Furthermore, you're still holding a player hostage which leaves them with the only option they have to leave the game, i.e die on hook

  • @throwaway79465468797 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2566971#Comment_2566971

    If it's not against the rules that doesn't make it faulty. There are rules that support camping being an offense regardless. Furthermore, you're still holding a player hostage which leaves them with the only option they have to leave the game, i.e die on hook

    Camping does not take a players game hostage because A: you'll die within a few minutes, and B: Being face-camped doesn't mean your impossible to save. I've saved people from face-camping killers, I've been saved from face-camping killers. I don't know why people pretend face camping means a guarunteed you cannot be saved.

  • @Eeni said:

    I can not count the number of times killers have hung around camping players preventing other survivors from helping, knocking everyone down & leaving us to bleed out, and other BS.

    If I DC, I get penalized. Why can’t killers also get penalized for their bad behavior?

    Ah yes doing a valid strategy = bad behavior

1 2 3 4 5