How many people are going to play Trapper when the midchapter releases?

I certainly will. I find him pretty rewarding to play at times but it felt awful before because of how add on reliant he is was. Now I can feel like I have a variety to use when he gets buffed which I’m super excited for.

Anyone else going to consider playing him more when his buff comes?

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • I think i will definitely will, especially with his new add-ons. "Makeshift Wrap" makes it so you can't get stunned by your own traps, that will help me a lot i think.

  • I’ll play him a little, i’m happy he got some love. 💛

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I think i will definitely will, especially with his new add-ons. "Makeshift Wrap" makes it so you can't get stunned by your own traps, that will help me a lot i think.

    Oh yeah I love some of his add ons. I really like the brown add on that makes setting bear traps silent. I used it on the PTB and it’s pretty fun.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I think i will definitely will, especially with his new add-ons. "Makeshift Wrap" makes it so you can't get stunned by your own traps, that will help me a lot i think.

    Wow that’s new info for me. Sounds like a decent add on.

  • I’m a Hag main forever but I’ll at least use Trapper some more

  • i think id only play him if he ever got more than one type of trap hes still too addon reliant imo

  • I absolutely LOVE his new add-ons so he's gonna be a blast to play as, especially with the fact that he no longer relies on add-ons.

  • This will prompt me to play him and obtain his unique perks, that's for sure.

  • Perhaps. I still feel he will be add on dependent regardless which is not great for me as someone who plays without add ons. But eh, with mmr, maybe it will be more fun than I am thinking.

  • I'll try all the new Killer updates, even the nerfs to Deathslinger and Spirit, but I'm most excited for Pig. There's a really good build I tested on the PTB that I can't wait to play again :D

  • I have always loved Trapper (more or less my main killer for quite a while now), and I am really excited to try him with these changes!

  • I am, his changes are good and he seems to be in a better spot than before. Could still use a lil extra love though, like disarming traps requiring a difficult skill check.

  • Excellent change that is long overdue - Pretty pumped :)

  • I like how his addons bring in difference play style. But no matter what you pick, there will be always a downside for survivor to play around it.

    Except start with all traps, I dont think that addon is useful for the downside it gives

  • Me. I wanted to play him before his add on passes / buff but I have 1 and a half million BP saved up for Mikaela and I don't wanna blow it all. I'm like a shopaholic - I can't just stop my purchases at just one thing which in this case is the bloodweb lol so I'll wait.

  • How about roughly 5%? As there are about 20 killers you can play ;)

    Sure, there are pickrates of... what was it... 2.5% up to 9%? But basically every killer is played for a decent amount of matches. Even the weaker ones.

  • Not me, I still don't like his playstyle. I'd rather play hag.

  • When I play killer, I'll probably rotate him in now and then. But I just don't see myself playing the game much thanks to matchmaking, which also makes me less likely to play him despite the nice QOL buffs and add-on rework.

  • His power is still going to be weak with too much counter play however I'll definitely be playing him as I find him rewarding and I've quite a few Halloween cakes to go through.

  • Enough for me to inform the killer conservation guild to take him out of the endangered status.

  • No I think I'll play survivor instead

  • I was about to play him a lot eventually because I have a ton of anniversary cakes on him. His buff is just a very nice bonus.

  • I'm currently playing Trapper, and I shall be looking forward to the new add-ons, which look rather more interesting now. That makeshift wrap, alongside turning the killer shack into a kill zone, sounds especially evil! >:)

  • Maybe I'm just crazy but I don't see why Trapper needs a buff. Either way, I'll gladly accept it just like everyone has accepted that Wraith needed buffs

  • He's needed these buffs for a loooooong time. I'm one of the eleven discrete Trapper mains in the game currently and I wholeheartedly welcome new members to the fold for tea and biscuits.

    Seriously, though, just the two traps at base is already going to make him so much more fun to play, I'm really looking forward to it.

  • @jesterkind said:

    He's needed these buffs for a loooooong time. I'm one of the eleven discrete Trapper mains in the game currently and I wholeheartedly welcome new members to the fold for tea and biscuits.

    Seriously, though, just the two traps at base is already going to make him so much more fun to play, I'm really looking forward to it.

    Why did he need buffs again? Because people can dead hard through his traps? That's one perk, and pretty easy to play around...

  • @throwaway79465468797 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2564131#Comment_2564131

    Why did he need buffs again? Because people can dead hard through his traps? That's one perk, and pretty easy to play around...

    Ummmm…

  • @throwaway79465468797 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2564131#Comment_2564131

    Why did he need buffs again? Because people can dead hard through his traps? That's one perk, and pretty easy to play around...

    Nah dude- he's been clunky and outdated for a while. He's a setup killer that has severe trouble setting up at the start of the match, and most of his addons are simple numerical buffs that don't really help him out very much. Any halfway decent survivor knows to be careful and to disarm traps where they can, so he's already starting at a huge disadvantage.

    The buffs he's getting are both common-sense and badly needed.

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2564132#Comment_2564132

    Nah dude- he's been clunky and outdated for a while. He's a setup killer that has severe trouble setting up at the start of the match, and most of his addons are simple numerical buffs that don't really help him out very much. Any halfway decent survivor knows to be careful and to disarm traps where they can, so he's already starting at a huge disadvantage.

    The buffs he's getting are both common-sense and badly needed.

    Isn't the buff he's getting a numerical buff?

  • I meant on the addons- he's getting more interesting and interactive addons that might give him a little more of an edge, instead of just increasing/decreasing relevant time values.

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2564141#Comment_2564141

    I meant on the addons- he's getting more interesting and interactive addons that might give him a little more of an edge, instead of just increasing/decreasing relevant time values.

    Ok well thanks. I couldn't find the patch notes myself but I'll take your word for it

  • @throwaway79465468797 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2564144#Comment_2564144

    Ok well thanks. I couldn't find the patch notes myself but I'll take your word for it

    After his buff, survivor still able to DH through it.

    There is a Purple addon that hes not able to pick up trap. Which mean hes unable to set trap at tight place.

    Because if survivor DH through it. Hes forced to give up the chase or step on the trap on purpose

  • @C3Tooth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2564162#Comment_2564162

    After his buff, survivor still able to DH through it.

    There is a Purple addon that hes not able to pick up trap. Which mean hes unable to set trap at tight place.

    Because if survivor DH through it. Hes forced to give up the chase or step on the trap on purpose

    Yeah if survivors have Dead Hard then just set traps in loops and don't box yourself out of a tight room

  • @C3Tooth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2564162#Comment_2564162

    After his buff, survivor still able to DH through it.

    There is a Purple addon that hes not able to pick up trap. Which mean hes unable to set trap at tight place.

    Because if survivor DH through it. Hes forced to give up the chase or step on the trap on purpose

    Yeah if they have dead hard then just set up traps in loops so you don't box yourself out of a room or hallway

  • @GannTM said:

    I certainly will. I find him pretty rewarding to play at times but it felt awful before because of how add on reliant he is was. Now I can feel like I have a variety to use when he gets buffed which I’m super excited for.

    Anyone else going to consider playing him more when his buff comes?

    probably not, i find his playstyle incredibly boring, but it does feel good to have them step on your traps tho

  • I already played before so i imagine yes. I'm currently on a break caused by the stupid grind so it might actually make me want to play more...

  • I've been hesitant on playing Trapper because of how add on reliant and bad he was to play. I might try him out after the mid chapter releases and see how it goes.

  • I will, just a little though.