The game is literally dying..

With the DC penalty and how broken the game is; it's literally dying. People in fb groups don't seem as enthusiastic or excited about the game. My friends and family members won't even play it and went to other games. It's hard to find matches even with cross play on. It's sad how fast the game went down hill.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @JohnWeak said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2553307#Comment_2553307

    2 weeks ago on steam we were 75k, Saturday, same time.

    So it's negative 15k in 2 weeks only on PC (-20%).

    Let's see in two weeks, it will continue to drop, the experience is awful atm.

    3 of my buddies here almost completely stopped playing. Another one and I still play some, but much less than before. I know some of the popular streamers are getting burned out and not playing as much, too. I'm sure stronger players will play less, but many average and below average players enjoy this new SBMM. Maybe they are playing more. It might even out.

  • @Rhoska said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2553433#Comment_2553433

    Its clear you have a lot of time invested into this game, and this board with your 4710 posts here.

    But that puts you in the position of vested interest.

    Perhaps you should listen more, and step outside your "comfort zone" to understand that you arent the deciding factor, and that even if you are perhaps making money off streaming DBD, you dont actually matter in this anymore than anyone else that buys the game or dlc, and there are valid concerns beyond your personal purview.

    I'd much prefer that you explain why you think that:

    Being able to play with your friends does not entice people to play/bolster the player base (keep the game alive)

    Being able to do so regardless of platform, along with access to these players when playing solo, does not entice people to play/bolster the player base (keep the game alive)

    Having access to licensed content with horror icons does not entice people to play/bolster the player base (keep the game alive).

    It'd be a much more interesting read than some pseudo-conspiracy nonsense about me having a vested interest or making money off the game.

    This account is currently 1258 days old - That's not a lot of activity at all.

    I also have A LOT of posts stating my displeasure with the game and its handling of various things.

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Strawman aside, the only reason I'm keeping the conversations going in this topic is to see how all of this broken logic is defended and to observe the replies.

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2553463#Comment_2553463

    I'd much prefer that you explain why you think that:

    Being able to play with your friends does not entice people to play/bolster the player base (keep the game alive)

    Being able to do so regardless of platform, along with access to these players when playing solo, does not entice people to play/bolster the player base (keep the game alive)

    Having access to licensed content with horror icons does not entice people to play/bolster the player base (keep the game alive).

    It'd be a much more interesting read than some pseudo-conspiracy nonsense about me having a vested interest or making money off the game.

    This account is currently 1258 days old - That's not a lot of activity at all.

    I also have A LOT of posts stating my displeasure with the game and its handling of various things.

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Strawman aside, the only reason I'm keeping the conversations going in this topic is to see how all of this broken logic is defended and to observe the replies.

    Not once have you answered any of my questions.

    At 4710 posts over 1258 days, that puts you at 3.7 posts per day, for 3.4yrs.

    Not one thing I have said in this thread has been false, and not one of them have you refuted on point, even when I answered you (which you have not reciprocated to answer me).

    Why cant you respond/reciprocate normally to the facts I stated?

  • I stated that:

    1) Being able to play with your friends helps keep the game alive.

    2) Crossplay adds to the player pool and keeps the game alive.

    3) Licenses with cool characters help keep the game alive.

    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    You replied with:

    "Crossplay restricts DBD design, because consoles cannot do that which PCs can. Lowest common denominator.

    SWF is a cancer. Voice comms directly circumvent the design of this game and render entire swathes of Killer abilities and perks moot.

    Licenses are paid for by us."

    Pretty hard to give you a reply when your answers aren't even related to whether or not said things help keep the game alive.

  • I don't think game with 50k of consistent players can be considered dead. Do your research next time.

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2553513#Comment_2553513

    I stated that:

    1) Being able to play with your friends helps keep the game alive.

    2) Crossplay adds to the player pool and keeps the game alive.

    3) Licenses with cool characters help keep the game alive.

    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    You replied with:

    "Crossplay restricts DBD design, because consoles cannot do that which PCs can. Lowest common denominator.

    SWF is a cancer. Voice comms directly circumvent the design of this game and render entire swathes of Killer abilities and perks moot.

    Licenses are paid for by us."

    Pretty hard to give you a reply when your answers aren't even related to whether or not said things help keep the game alive.

    None of those three sections I posted are false, nor have you refuted them.

    They are facts.

  • I don't know if it's dying, but after the SBMM it's literally an unhealthy game.

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2553537#Comment_2553537

    It's best to report anything you feel is wrong like that and avoid engaging directly.

    hmm, I see,

  • @Rhoska said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2553525#Comment_2553525

    None of those three sections I posted are false, nor have you refuted them.

    They are facts.

    I'll be here whenever you want to get back on topic.

    Good Luck in your games.

  • @psionic said:

    I don't know if it's dying, but after the SBMM it's literally an unhealthy game.

    The only thing I reaaaallllly like about it is that it adds A LOT of weight to whether or not I should make a last second save.

  • Game is in peak imo. The Trickster teasers and the Pinhead riddles had loads of interest

  • @BobDylan67 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2553493#Comment_2553493

    How many of those are throwaway accounts for cheating tho? DBD is like 6$ a lot of the time if not 20$

    probably not that many...

  • A quick reminder, please keep your comments towards others and their posts civil and respectful. You can disagree with others without attacking them, or their views.

  • @BobDylan67 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2553578#Comment_2553578

    idk, the influx of blatant cheating is on the rise lately with the latest patch

    oh I know that, there are plenty of cheaters, however they make such a small minority of players I guarantee it's nothing that would have meaningful impact on the size of the playerbase. Also please consider that's only the players on Steam, it doesnt account for players on console of which literally 0% of are cheaters.

  • @SlothGirly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2553589#Comment_2553589

    oh I know that, there are plenty of cheaters, however they make such a small minority of players I guarantee it's nothing that would have meaningful impact on the size of the playerbase. Also please consider that's only the players on Steam, it doesnt account for players on console of which literally 0% of are cheaters.

    So every day I have faced blatant cheaters, changing to killer in lobby and during game, flying, infinite diversion, massively increased speed, etc, etc.

    They really have no fear now it's gotten that bad. Sure you do occasionally get the subtle cheaters, but it's very clear that nothing is being done currently about the hacker issue in the game right now, and it's certainly not miniscule.

    In just 20 minutes of play time CoconutRTS ran into 4 hackers. On stream.

  • @Nyxis_Fier said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2553303#Comment_2553303

    I recently started to see the decline to be honest. It's not dead but it is dying.

    DbD has never had more players than now, except when the RE chapter dropped.

  • @BobDylan67 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2553600#Comment_2553600

    Someones never heard of 3rd party hardware for console....... it's not as big of a influx as PC cheaters, but def still happens for those that don't want to buy a PC, you're arrogant if you think cheating doesn't happen on consoles, even switches

    I don't appreciate being called arrogant, but ok. I still think the amount of cheaters in the game is well overstated. Not to say they dont exist of course. But I think they still make a very, very small minority of the playerbase. I myself am yet to meet even one hacker in my entire playtime, and as have my friends too.

  • @BobDylan67 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2553703#Comment_2553703

    You claimed 0%.........that is l i t e r a l l y arrogance/unwilling to see a different perspective........and you do it again by saying 'well my experience has been lacking hackers and my friends'...how do you know for sure? Subtle hacking like ESP isn't ez to dismiss/claim

    I'm sorry, do you mean ignorant? I don't see what's arrogant about what I said. If so, how is it ignorant to not have perfect knowledge of a topic? I dont claim to know everything, and sure if I'm wrong, you can simply say so instead of being so aggressive...

  • What is funny with all this is :

    1. Devs release a SBMM to make DbD more competitive
    2. They ignore high SBMM balance and focus on low to average SBMM balance

    Competitive system, competitive game is different but balancing on low skill level.

    Everything is absurd in BHVR's decisions, as absurd than boon totems.

  • Everything is dying

    Time cuts all strings eventually

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    Everything is dying

    Time cuts all strings eventually

    Even time itself will die, eventually.

  • I haven't heard that one the last 4 years in a row or anything lol >.>

  • I don't think the game is dying but I personally have started seeing my own interest dwindle. Previous, I was excited to play, both killer and survivor. But I started losing interest in killer right after MMR when I was matched with constant sweaty people who could and would outrun me while their friends would pop the gens in record time. Oddly, as survivor, my experience was the opposite, where I could outrun the killer over and over again, sometimes for 5 gens LOL I'm also extremely altruistic so I normally die because I'm trying to get other people out (which is why I think I'm able to outrun killers frequently). Because of all this, survivor has also gotten boring.

    After playing on the PTB as both killer and surv with the boon totems, now I've lost all interest as killer. Knowing that if they run me to a circle and their scratch marks can disappear, giving me yet another objective to have to deal with (putting out totems, and constantly having to put out totems because someone can just run right back to that totem and reapply the boon), I just don't care anymore.

    This is only my 2 cents, this is not indicative of the game dying. It's just been dying for me. It's just not fun anymore. And before I get a "get gud", I feel I've hit my skill ceiling because I'm not good. I'm not a good player. I'm average at best.

  • You should all check Otz stream on twitch, he is playing all killers with random perks.

    One of the best killer in the game gets 2 to 6 hooks while all gens are done 😂.

    Game state is so great atm, i don't give it 1 month before all high MMR killers are totally gone.

  • @AsherFrost

    I dont have any issue with SWF, per se, albiet its a massively different situation for Killer than solo players.

    But. If the SWF is using voice comms, that is seriously problematic for Killers, as it renders many Killer abilities/perks useless, and enables Survivors to leverage their perks (and actions) in ways that are not accounted for, or balanced for, in the game itself.

    If voice communication was "intended", it would be enabled in the game itself.

    -------------

    I dont know how you think I said consoles limit DBDs scope, except in my observations that:

    - Consoles are a limiting platform as to game design, compared to PC. Crossplatforming forces game design to accomodate for console gamepads as the interface, in ways that a mouse and keyboard on PC are not limiting (and gamepad can also be plugged into a PC in addition to those.

    - Also that if I see 2PC/2console in lobby, odds are better that its not a 3+SWF, and especially on voice comms.

    - If I suspect a 3+ SWF, I will leave the lobby, and its my prerogative to do so.

  • @Nyxis_Fier said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2553303#Comment_2553303

    I recently started to see the decline to be honest. It's not dead but it is dying.

    The literal 100k+ other people playing this game disagree

  • @Rhoska said:

    @AsherFrost

    I dont have any issue with SWF, per se, albiet its a massively different situation for Killer than solo players.

    But. If the SWF is using voice comms, that is seriously problematic for Killers, as it renders many Killer abilities/perks useless, and enables Survivors to leverage their perks (and actions) in ways that are not accounted for, or balanced for, in the game itself.

    If voice communication was "intended", it would be enabled in the game itself.

    -------------

    I dont know how you think I said consoles limit DBDs scope, except in my observations that:

    - Consoles are a limiting platform as to game design, compared to PC. Crossplatforming forces game design to accomodate for console gamepads as the interface, in ways that a mouse and keyboard on PC are not limiting (and gamepad can also be plugged into a PC in addition to those.

    - Also that if I see 2PC/2console in lobby, odds are better that its not a 3+SWF, and especially on voice comms.

    - If I suspect a 3+ SWF, I will leave the lobby, and its my prerogative to do so.

    Point is, whether or not you personally like either of these things, they have proven to build and keep a player base active for the game.

    Yes, making a game playable on multiple systems is more limiting than just on PC, however it also exposes your game to an exponentially higher number of potential players.

    Yes, swf with comms can suck when they know how to communicate, but the ability to group with friends, especially over different systems is a method that has shown repeatedly to bring in new players.

    You can dislike it all you want. You can lobby dodge all you want, I'm not honestly sure why you keep bringing that up, as nobody has said you have to face each lobby and can't run away.

  • Nothing you said there refutes any of the points I made.

    Instead, you repeatedly agree with them, and say "yes" that I was infact correct, valid and covered them already.

    Why you contrive to present as disagreeing, when infact I was right all along, and you repeatedly state you agree with what I stated, is peculiar.

    You were wrong. I was right.

    Deal with it.

  • @Rhoska said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2555549#Comment_2555549

    Nothing you said there refutes any of the points I made.

    Instead, you repeatedly agree with them, and say "yes" that I was infact correct, valid and covered them already.

    Why you contrive to present as disagreeing, when infact I was right all along, and you repeatedly state you agree with what I stated, is peculiar.

    You were wrong. I was right.

    Deal with it.

    You're right that you dislike those things

    You are wrong that they are hurting the game overall.

    Just that simple. The things you dislike are what keeps new players coming in.

  • @AsherFrost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2555572#Comment_2555572

    You're right that you dislike those things

    You are wrong that they are hurting the game overall.

    Just that simple. The things you dislike are what keeps new players coming in.

    You have not refuted even one of the points I made.

    Instead you have agreed with all of them, but "present" as if somehow you are in disagreement, or if I had stated falsely.

    Thats irrational, and on you.

  • @AsherFrost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2555572#Comment_2555572

    You're right that you dislike those things

    You are wrong that they are hurting the game overall.

    Just that simple. The things you dislike are what keeps new players coming in.

    We really need the 'LOL' react back.

    You're wasting your keystrokes at this point.

  • @Rhoska said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2555577#Comment_2555577

    You have not refuted even one of the points I made.

    Instead you have agreed with all of them, but "present" as if somehow you are in disagreement, or if I had stated falsely.

    Thats irrational, and on you.

    All the points you made come down to you presenting your personal experience and likes as though they are facts.

    I'm not going to disagree with whether or not you like something. Yeah, you don't like swf. Yeah, you run away when you think the match is going to be too hard for you. That's your opinion, I can't disagree with that, because I'm not you.

    What you haven't done, at all, is show how your opinions matter beyond whether or not you choose to play a match or run from it.


    You don't like swf and cross play. Swf and cross play are both very very popular despite your dislike. Prove me wrong.

  • @AsherFrost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2555582#Comment_2555582

    All the points you made come down to you presenting your personal experience and likes as though they are facts.

    I'm not going to disagree with whether or not you like something. Yeah, you don't like swf. Yeah, you run away when you think the match is going to be too hard for you. That's your opinion, I can't disagree with that, because I'm not you.

    What you haven't done, at all, is show how your opinions matter beyond whether or not you choose to play a match or run from it.

    You don't like swf and cross play. Swf and cross play are both very very popular despite your dislike. Prove me wrong.

    Go back and re-read this thread, where you have said "yes" to my points.

    You have no basis for your strange dualistic insistence that I have been wrong to that which you agreed on.

    Why you do this is beyond me, is irrational, and not my concern, but its readily apparent and your problem and causation, not mine.

  • The game will never truly die just because of licensed characters, but it can for sure lose a bunch of its more hardcore audience that plays daily leaving mostly a much more casual crowd of players I wanna think. Which wouldn't be a dead game just a "dead" game to the hardcore players that've found a better game or just moved on from it

  • @Rhoska said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2555589#Comment_2555589

    Go back and re-read this thread, where you have said "yes" to my points.

    You have no basis for your strange dualistic insistence that I have been wrong to that which you agreed on.

    Why you do this is beyond me, is irrational, and not my concern, but its readily apparent and your problem and causation, not mine.

    Yes. I fully agree that you are scared of swf. Honestly it makes me giggle to think about.

    You see 3 little icons showing someone is on a different platform and you run away, that's funny.

    You seem to believe that me validating your opinions is the same as agreeing with them. It isn't, it's just my refusal to invalidate your personal experience. Personally I like swf. It adds to the game and makes survivor much more fun. But I'm not going to pretend like my opinion is more important and invalidates your own.

    I'm sorry that you are so unused to having people who respect your opinion and still think you are factually incorrect speak with you, that you are unable to recognize it. Hopefully tweaking you on your cowardly playstyle firs put you on familiar footing and helps you understand.

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2555577#Comment_2555577

    We really need the 'LOL' react back.

    You're wasting your keystrokes at this point.

    He really doesn't get it. Like, he really thinks his opinion is somehow a fact just because I'm not directly telling him he has to like something he doesn't.

  • @AsherFrost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2555597#Comment_2555597

    Yes. I fully agree that you are scared of swf. Honestly it makes me giggle to think about.

    You see 3 little icons showing someone is on a different platform and you run away, that's funny.

    You seem to believe that me validating your opinions is the same as agreeing with them. It isn't, it's just my refusal to invalidate your personal experience. Personally I like swf. It adds to the game and makes survivor much more fun. But I'm not going to pretend like my opinion is more important and invalidates your own.

    I'm sorry that you are so unused to having people who respect your opinion and still think you are factually incorrect speak with you, that you are unable to recognize it. Hopefully tweaking you on your cowardly playstyle firs put you on familiar footing and helps you understand.

    That whole post again, is a misconstruance were you, again, superimpose "your" views as if they were mine, and to which in the record you already stated that I was not wrong, you said "yes" to them, and have not refuted them.

    Why you do this, I dont know, not is it my concern or problem, just yours.

    I was right, you agreed to that, yet you still present as if somehow it was otherwise, and worse, deliberately misrepresent what I have said in false contrivances of them.

    Again, why you do that, I dont know, but its you doing that, not me, and thats on you and your pyschology/mentality, not mine.

  • @Rhoska said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2555604#Comment_2555604

    That whole post again, is a misconstruance were you, again, superimpose "your" views as if they were mine, and to which in the record you already stated that I was not wrong, you said "yes" to them, and have not refuted them.

    Why you do this, I dont know, not is it my concern or problem, just yours.

    I was right, you agreed to that, yet you still present as if somehow it was otherwise, and worse, deliberately misrepresent what I have said in false contrivances of them.

    Again, why you do that, I dont know, but its you doing that, not me, and thats on you and your pyschology/mentality, not mine.

    The things you dislike are keeping the game successful

    Is that clear enough?

  • Largest player base game has ever had, constantly updating and adding content, and working toward year 6.

    Yeah totally dying...

  • I wish it were.

  • @Pulsar said:

    I wish it were.

    Is that the bile talkin? Or the compound disappointment?

    Maybe a lil from column a and a dash from column b?

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2555744#Comment_2555744

    Is that the bile talkin? Or the compound disappointment?

    Maybe a lil from column a and a dash from column b?

    Maybe if they start to fail they'll actually make decent decisions.

  • @KingFrost said:

    2019: "This game is dying."

    2020: "This game is dying."

    2021: "This game is dying."

    2022: "This game is dying."

    2024: "DBD will definitely die soon!"

    2030: "Oh sure, Jason Vorhees is coming to Dead By Daylight, but that won't save it!"

    2035: "Yeah, they're adding Darth Vader, that's going to kill DBD for sure!"

    2037: "Dead By Daylight is losing players after they added The Daleks."

    2040: "DBD won't last much longer! They just buffed the Pig." (This is the year DBD actually dies, sadly)

    If they ever add Daleks I will either die of laughter, or I will literally only play them till the day I die.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2555764#Comment_2555764

    Maybe if they start to fail they'll actually make decent decisions.

    I was wondering what the cure is

  • @DeadByLegion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2555285#Comment_2555285

    Otz is a good variety killer but he is definitely not the best.

    One of the best

    And he is definitely top 1%.

    And Lilith has a hard time aswell with Blight while he outplays everyone with this killer.

1 2 ›