Figured out why Pinhead's voice lines got removed.

Actor Doug Bradley returns to the role of Pinhead in one of the first generative NFT collections that grants in-game access.

NFTs.

They got removed because of NFTs. The things that are helping accellerate the global climate crisis, make no sense, and are essentially a rich person flex to show they're rich.

Those things? They're the reason we don't have the voice line anymore.

And BHVR took part in making this one. It uses their character models. It gives access to their DLC. According to EGMnow, they explicitly helped in the creation process.

This all public information now (since Boss Protocol- the creators of the Masters of Horror NFT) have gotten it up and running; here's a screenshot of their website.

image.png

Enjoy.

EDIT: I'd like to clarify I am not saying this is 100% BHVR's fault; it's entirely possible a contractual stipulation to aquire the licence was to work on this. Considering how there's copies of the Hellraiser DLC included, that seems likely.

EDIT 2: it's very likely BHVR were forced into this by the licence holders

image.png


Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • Ok, can you clear something up with me? So Bradley is voice acting for the NFTs. That much is clear. Is there anything suggesting that the PTB voiceline is exclusive to the NFTs? I'm not seeing anything that explicit. Is there something that I'm missing?

  • This is really unfortunate and gross.

    I didn't think BHVR could disappoint me more than they already have, so I guess congrats on that? 😕

  • I don't know if its the lack of sleep or if this is genuinely confusing. Because even after reading the article and searching up tf an NFT is, I still have no idea what it is.

    Can some one dumb it down please? :(

    also why is it bad?

  • Okay, did more reading.

    Yeah, that's pretty bad. Really scummy.

  • @Shroompy said:

    I don't know if its the lack of sleep or if this is genuinely confusing. Because even after reading the article and searching up tf an NFT is, I still have no idea what it is.

    Can some one dumb it down please? :(

    also why is it bad?

    Basically it's a way to "own" exclusive rights over Digital Content.

    And since it's in DBD, a live service, they will basically allow scarcity.

  • @Shroompy said:

    I don't know if its the lack of sleep or if this is genuinely confusing. Because even after reading the article and searching up tf an NFT is, I still have no idea what it is.

    Can some one dumb it down please? :(

    also why is it bad?

    It's a type of cryptocurrency.

    So essentially - From my understanding - You pay with a cryptocurrency for a chance to be one of 10,000 people who get the voice lines or Butterball. Just saying a chance because I'm noting the use of the word "NFT DROP EVENTS".

  • If this is real, I'm genuinely done with Dead By Daylight. This is the straw that breaks the camel's back for me.

  • @Dustin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2551952#Comment_2551952

    It's a type of cryptocurrency.

    So essentially - From my understanding - You pay with a cryptocurrency for a chance to be one of 10,000 people who get the voice lines or Butterball. Just saying a chance because I'm noting the use of the word "NFT DROP EVENTS".

    not the person who commented but thank you, this helped a lot. This is really scummy and it's sad to hear about but I am glad this came to light.

  • @Shroompy said:

    I don't know if its the lack of sleep or if this is genuinely confusing. Because even after reading the article and searching up tf an NFT is, I still have no idea what it is.

    Can some one dumb it down please? :(

    also why is it bad?

    You know how there's companies out there that let you buy a star? It's like that.

    NFTs are essentially a unique string of numbers that gives you "ownership" over a digital file. They are horrible for the environment because they use a ######### ton of power and resources. Also, the places hosting your NFT could be wiped, destroyed, or taken down at any time in the future since they are digital.

    To even purchase an NFT, you also have to convert your money into an unstable, easily manipulated cryptocurrency- ethereum.

  • @DelsKibara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2551952#Comment_2551952

    Basically it's a way to "own" exclusive rights over Digital Content.

    And since it's in DBD, a live service, they will basically allow scarcity.

    @Dustin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2551952#Comment_2551952

    It's a type of cryptocurrency.

    So essentially - From my understanding - You pay with a cryptocurrency for a chance to be one of 10,000 people who get the voice lines or Butterball. Just saying a chance because I'm noting the use of the word "NFT DROP EVENTS".

    So does that mean Pinhead has a much higher chance to be in the same boat as ST and BHVR got the license regardless?

  • @Shroompy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2551955#Comment_2551955

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2551957#Comment_2551957

    So does that mean Pinhead has a much higher chance to be in the same boat as ST and BHVR got the license regardless?

    No. What this means is some people will have exclusive content only available through purchasing NFTs. Which is ######### #########.

  • @Laffle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2551952#Comment_2551952

    You know how there's companies out there that let you buy a star? It's like that.

    NFTs are essentially a unique string of numbers that gives you "ownership" over a digital file. They are horrible for the environment because they use a ######### ton of power and resources. Also, the places hosting your NFT could be wiped, destroyed, or taken down at any time in the future since they are digital.

    To even purchase an NFT, you also have to convert your money into an unstable, easily manipulated cryptocurrency- ethereum.

    Oh wow that is bad,

    Thank you for the explanation

  • @Shroompy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2551955#Comment_2551955

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2551957#Comment_2551957

    So does that mean Pinhead has a much higher chance to be in the same boat as ST and BHVR got the license regardless?

    I'm just paraphrasing the info that's out there at this point we have to wait for BHVR to say something. If this is true though I'm out.

  • I love Pinhead. Chatterer. His voice. The other cenobites. He is my main and I've waited years for him.


    There is absolutely no way I would ever gamble with a loot box, much less for the absurd asking price.


    A real shame.

  • @MarcoPoloYolo said:

    Ok, can you clear something up with me? So Bradley is voice acting for the NFTs. That much is clear. Is there anything suggesting that the PTB voiceline is exclusive to the NFTs? I'm not seeing anything that explicit. Is there something that I'm missing?

    One of the bottom paragraphs suggests that owning the NFT will unlock exclusive content, and they mention Doug Bradley so it's probably got something to do with voice lines. Also they say "A chance" meaning you're not even guaranteed to get what you want.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2551945#Comment_2551945

    One of the bottom paragraphs suggests that owning the NFT will unlock exclusive content, and they mention Doug Bradley so it's probably got something to do with voice lines. Also they say "A chance" meaning you're not even guaranteed to get what you want.

    It sounds like lootboxes + NFT combined to me. I really hope that's not what's about to happen.

    Also fun fact: If you the players, or BHVR staff that might be reading this thread, want to see what introducing NFTs does to a game community: Lookup the recent Neopets NFT drama.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2551945#Comment_2551945

    One of the bottom paragraphs suggests that owning the NFT will unlock exclusive content, and they mention Doug Bradley so it's probably got something to do with voice lines. Also they say "A chance" meaning you're not even guaranteed to get what you want.

    But at other point it says buying the NFT will unlock the Hellraiser DLC for you. It doesn't necessarily mean the voicelines will be NFT exclusive.

    At least let's hope. I don't think anyone in the whole community would like content to be locked behind NFTs, SPECIALLY Pinhead's voicelines.

  • @Madjura said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2552357#Comment_2552357

    It sounds like lootboxes + NFT combined to me. I really hope that's not what's about to happen.

    Also fun fact: If you the players, or BHVR staff that might be reading this thread, want to see what introducing NFTs does to a game community: Lookup the recent Neopets NFT drama.

    I'm also hoping that it's fake. While every comment on NFTs I've made has been under the assumption it isn't I am still hoping for it to be fake and if it's real I'm hoping for BHVR to have been forced in as part of a contract for Hellraiser.

  • @Malkhrim said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2552357#Comment_2552357

    But at other point it says buying the NFT will unlock the Hellraiser DLC for you. It doesn't necessarily mean the voicelines will be NFT exclusive.

    At least let's hope. I don't think anyone in the whole community would like content to be locked behind NFTs, SPECIALLY Pinhead's voicelines.

    A lot wouldn't, no, but there's also people here who already invest in them so my faith cannot be placed wholly anywhere 🏃

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2551716#Comment_2551716

    money makes the world go round and also causes mass environmental damage due to serious energy use, yay

    If that's true you are damaging the environment by writing on this forum and by playing this game. Do your part and go offline.

  • @SirCracken said:

    Pinhead lost the ability to come for *this*?

    yes.

    I finally lost my faith in humanity.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2551744#Comment_2551744

    It depends, that receipt can be used to enable/disable certain feature of online services, or can be used as "verification" that you are the owner of something if the NFT "receipt" is for a real-world item (And whoever stores/supplies that item agrees with this NFT setup, EG: the Mona Lisa example, you could have an NFT setup for it, and take the actual painting, if the Museum itself was the one who setup that NFT)

    In the case with Pinhead, it's probably going to enable/disable Pinhead features based on if you have one of these Masters of Horror NFTs. I'm wondering how they're actually going to link them, and if these are things that could be hacked and enabled on the server, or only on the client.

    I have no doubt that the functionality to be able to enable/disable characters/maps without a hotfix plays a large role in whatever they are doing with Pinhead. Being able to enable/disable game features without a hotfix on a player-by-player basis.

    This is so ######### up if you think about it. I'm just waiting for a hacker to give this to everyone just to ######### them all up.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2552744#Comment_2552744

    I don't think that a Hacker would be able to do so, otherwise cryptocurrency wouldn't be a thing if you can just hack in more bitcoin or whatever to the pool. You might be able to make it look like you've got more bitcoin on your end, but it won't be accepted by the system. Think of it like how Perk icon packs work on PC: You see the change, but it's not something that is seen by other people.

    For some, that is enough if only they can see the effect, however for the people that this kind of thing is targeting, that prestige is something that they want to show off to others, not just something they experience themselves.

    I just hope it's fake

  • This post didnt age very well.

  • Dang I leave work to come to my desk and read that BHVR has indulged themselves in this monstrosity?

    Then its not even just NFT's, its gambling on top?

    Truly awful.

  • More so that people dug a little deeper and found a lot of sketchy stuff about it which would lead one to believe that it's fake. At this point I think it's fake myself, thankfully

  • Im willing to pay €10 per Cenobite for a 3D model of them in DBD.

    If its more convoluted or expensive than that, Im out.

    I "could" buy Chatterer for its current price, but as I said above, €10 is what I will pay for access to a 3D model of a Cenobite, regardless of NFT, and if they are "exclusive" in ways that exceed that €10, I wont buy them.

    But if they put all Cenobites in at €10, I will buy each of them.

  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_8YGbwkgrg

    Just gonna leave this here.

    (Also, I have a strong opinion on the OP's current status.)

  • Banning him really makes you look innocent BHVR rofl

  • if its came out to be a true, they really should prepare them selfs, they will unleash someting greater that the rage with RE sets skin hour after relase

  • @Impose said:

    Banning him really makes you look innocent BHVR rofl

    maybe because he was slandering BHVR, and the mods didnt like that?

  • @Impose said:

    Banning him really makes you look innocent BHVR rofl

    I don't understand why they just can't come out and say if it's true or not. If it's not true it's not their fault at all...

  • ive been fighting against nft people stealing art from me and other people and now they're gonna be getting into this scam w/ behaviour too? im actually heartbroken lmfao i give up with all of this

  • @SlothGirly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2553031#Comment_2553031

    maybe because he was slandering BHVR, and the mods didnt like that?

    "This is false, closing the topic, we will have a statement next dev stream." Is how you handle this if you're innocent. You don't ban the people bringing the information to the public.

    Literal coverup 101 is banning/slandering the individuals who bring anything you do to light.

  • I would like to remind everyone, please do not discuss bans here on the Forum. Thank you.

  • @Impose said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2553086#Comment_2553086

    "This is false, closing the topic, we will have a statement next dev stream." Is how you handle this if you're innocent. You don't ban the people bringing the information to the public.

    Literal coverup 101 is banning/slandering the individuals who bring anything you do to light.

    Well you realise it's a holiday weekend for the folks at BHVR right? why would they make a statement about making a statement when none of them are at work? Also if this is such a big "conspiracy" answer me why the website where buy the NFTs or whatever has really ######### photoshop, and answer me why they say they've worked with Dead By Daylight and not BHVR. You don't collaborate with an IP. Doing some personal thinking really helps instead of just following the trend of what others say

  • @EQWashu said:

    I would like to remind everyone, please do not discuss bans here on the Forum. Thank you.

    Do you have any information about the topic of the thread?

  • @SlothGirly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2553273#Comment_2553273

    Well you realise it's a holiday weekend for the folks at BHVR right? why would they make a statement about making a statement when none of them are at work? Also if this is such a big "conspiracy" answer me why the website where buy the NFTs or whatever has really ######### photoshop, and answer me why they say they've worked with Dead By Daylight and not BHVR. You don't collaborate with an IP. Doing some personal thinking really helps instead of just following the trend of what others say

    If you honestly believe that they were not aware of this topic within 10 minutes of its posting I have a bridge to sell you

  • @Impose said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2553448#Comment_2553448

    If you honestly believe that they were not aware of this topic within 10 minutes of its posting I have a bridge to sell you

    well if you honestly believe a company will make an official statement while on holiday, I got a bridge to sell you. Also, you realise the developers lives aren't just DBD right? Most likely they do nothing to associate themselves with the game while out of work.

  • @SlothGirly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2553576#Comment_2553576

    well if you honestly believe a company will make an official statement while on holiday, I got a bridge to sell you. Also, you realise the developers lives aren't just DBD right? Most likely they do nothing to associate themselves with the game while out of work.

    Did I say make an official statement? No. I said, LITERALLY, "This is false, we'll make a statement at the next dev blog."


    That takes 15 seconds of time to stop people going HMM I WONDER WHAT BHVR IS UP TO. You clearly have never worked in any capacity in PR. You're always at work

  • @Impose said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2553582#Comment_2553582

    Did I say make an official statement? No. I said, LITERALLY, "This is false, we'll make a statement at the next dev blog."

    That takes 15 seconds of time to stop people going HMM I WONDER WHAT BHVR IS UP TO. You clearly have never worked in any capacity in PR. You're always at work

    Alright, even still. There's such a small chance of them learning about the issue while off work. Even people who actively play the game have had no idea what was going on. I didnt know until I seen a thread about somebody being banned and I looked into it. So if it's hard for players to learn about what's going on, how do you think it is for people WHO ARE LITERALLY ON HOLIDAYS FROM WORK to learn about anything to do with it?

    You want to know what BHVR are up to? OFF WORK ENJOYING TIME WITH THEIR FAMILIES

  • :) Today is a good day.

    Ohya, the NFT is fake news, but today is a good day :)

  • @Elena said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2553365#Comment_2553365

    Do you have any information about the topic of the thread?


    Untitled Image

    Body is 1 character too short.

  • As for the voicelines as such, let's go down the list of possibilities:

    1. It's what the topic speculates (very, very, very unlikely)
    2. It's a copyright issue (not totally unlikely, but not very likely either, given how copyright and licensing works)
    3. It's a technical issue. e.g. They are trying to have the first voiceline part sound where the teleport starts, and the second to where one teleports. for dramatic effects. and it's just not working without screwing up other sounds. (most likely the actual issue. Makes me wonder how many keyboards have severe bitemarks)
    4. someone accidentally overwrote the files with no backup and they need to be rerecorded (not likely, but, hey, something like that almost happened to ToyStory iirc)
  • This is quite obviously fake. Come on, they literally say that you can only get the Chatterer if you buy their Box of BS, even though we can all go in the game right now and buy the Chatterer.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2551655#Comment_2551655

    According to Boss Protocol all licenses are 100% sourced, so either they're telling the truth or they have one hell of a lawsuit coming their way.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/YSIE8VEOLX6X/image.png

    They also have an official Twitter and Instagram page, although these are very new (Instagram page has zero posts, for example, and the Twitter's first Tweet was on September 22nd 2021).

    Just looking at that screenshot makes me think it's fake. I've never seen anyone with real licenses say "Our licensed products are 100% verified licenses." I'm putting my bets on incoming lawsuit from Hellraiser and BHVR.

  • @Orion said:

    This is quite obviously fake. Come on, they literally say that you can only get the Chatterer if you buy their Box of BS, even though we can all go in the game right now and buy the Chatterer.

    For a cheaper price as well 🤧

  • @Elena said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2553365#Comment_2553365

    Do you have any information about the topic of the thread?

    of course not, surprised the thread hasnt been closed yet.

1 2 3