Could Chucky be the next license?
If it's licensed again, i think Chucky has a good chance to be the next killer, because new Chucky series coming out on 12 October, it is a pretty good timing.
Also Cote said that Chucky could absolutely beat you up and carry you soo that also helps.
I really hope we will get such iconic character in this game, where all horror movie icons are, he honestly deserves the spot.
Plus they could add his phrases like they did with Pinhead, which would be awesome aswell. He also has a real power to work with, and is very unique.
Comments
I feel like we aren't getting another licensed for awhile and Jason is probably next regardless.
As long as we get a Tiffany Legendary.
I hope it's chucky and I hope it's voiced by Brad Dourif cursing you out whenever you do a pallet stun
I personally think that the twins was their answer to Chucky because it would be difficult to have a doll carry and put someone on the hook.
Charlotte=Human Tiffany
Victor=Doll Chucky
God i hope so.
Especially with the tv show coming soon.
I feel like Chucky would probably be a linked set for Charlotte.
Chucky ? No unrealistic.... have you ever seen a doll throw a survivor on a hook ? Not me. Furthermore:
A copy of Charlotte and Victor ? we already have :(
Chucky should:
a) include Charles Lee Ray (human) and have a soul transfer ability.
or
b) have voodoo powers to lift/hook survivors.
I still think Candyman is a viable option.
and I only expect another licensed chapter for this year if it’s Candyman that got postponed from last year (where we only got one licensed chapter).
Isn't Jason still locked?
I don't think so, I remember people saying how Pinhead is not going to work because he never attacked, but they did it, if the only problem is hooking and carrying i don't think that's really a problem, a lot of other killers got new animations for carrying and hooking (Nemesis and Pinhead)
He wouldn't throw them like a regular killer, he would get new animation for that, but anyways Cote said he could do it, so that's not a problem
I think the second option will be better, it's more recognizable, plus Chucky is not as small as people think, also he would use voodoo probably
Apparently Victor Miller won the lawsuit.
but that’s very recent so there needs to be negotiations and at least 9 month of work on the chapter - if both party’s are even interested in working together.
And the license is split up on two license holder now (who are not on good term on one another I think). I think on one side there is the original movie and story (Pamela as the killer, Jason as a small drowned boy, Camp Crystal Lake) and on the other side there is the iconic killer Jason with Hockey Mask and machete. Victor Miller has the rights to the original script, so no Hockey Mask Jason. That’s as far as I have understood it.
If there's more Chucky stuff coming out in October then I'm afraid it's terrible timing.
October is the midchapter with an original survivor, and the next two chapters are also both purely original content.
The next opportunity for a license is the 6th anniversary.
I mean.. the next two chapter could theoretically be licensed (at least one of them)
we had only one license and 3 originals last year so 3 licensed and one original (with Hellraiser/Hour of the Witch essentially split) they would still have 2 licensed/2 original on average ;)
and we still have a new map confirmed for this year while originals seem to be still on hold because of the Realm Beyond updates.
It's confirmed 2 licenses and 2 original chapters for this financial year.
It is? Where?
So your POV would constantly be like Victor’s… sounds like an awful time.
So the license situation is a bit up in the air, as I know here's what's going on:
DBD Devs said they want to do 2 licenses a year, with Res. Evil and Hellraiser we've already done our 2 licenses so Ch. 23 and 24 should be original. Next license will (most likely) be on the 6th Annivesary.
Jason lawsuit is over (Victor Miller won), but he doesn't own adult Jason which is who we want in DBD. Furthermore, Horror Inc. still has some control over the franchise so they have to hash out details about royalties and licensing rights. It'd be a miracle if Jason comes to DBD within a year, I'll start expecting him around Anniversary 7.
Other licenses are floating around, FNAF supposedly isn't doing licenses for this year but who knows what will happen. Candyman has been delayed, but could be a huge reveal for Anniversary 6. The devs could find a way to make Chucky work but there hasn't been any news or rumors of collaborations so we'll see.
Chucky is a doll. Doubt he’d be much taller than Victor. 😂
I hope Nemesis is the next license.
Agreed, he would be truly epic:)
Well, Chucky's license isn't hard to get, and out of all big licenses Chucky's is probably easiest to get atm, but that doesn't mean i don't want see other licenses.
nope the creators of the movie said they don't want chucky in the game
Source?
Where is he? All I saw was Lisa Trevor but with Nemesis as a skin. Is Oni Nemesis?
I thought Nemesis was a park?
Yes it is. It also fits Nemesis as a character perfectly if he was in the game. Obsession perks fit perfectly.
Better wait for the 6th Year
Lisa Trevor has a tentacle that comes from her arm? Can’t remember that, but I just watched a let’s play once of the older RE games..
No there is a bunch of tentacles that come out of her body. She led the way for Nemesis' creation.
We already have Chuc.. i mean Victor so.. I prefer Alien as the next licence dlc. An original vampire killer would be cool also we don't have any. And no, Oni doesn't count as a vampire despite he absorb blood 😂
I mean by that logic we already had Leatherface (billy) and first stalking killer Myers, also by that logic we already have Demogorgon (alien).
Chucky would play differently than the Victor, Chucky is also taller than him.
I would love to see him in the game, but I think that it is, unfortunately, very unlikely due to his size, which would pose difficulty to things like hooking survivors, being stunned, and even hitting survivors.
I think if Chucky were a killer in DBD he wouldn't carry survivors - I think he would drag them. To me Chucky dragging a survivor by the leg or arm makes WAY more sense than him carrying someone. Chucky is only 29 inches tall - there is no way he could put a survivor on his shoulder and look remotely plausible.
This may be related to the fact that they already have a license ready, since the licenses come out as someone said in the forum 9 or 6 months before their launch.
I also have that on mind, and it's not impossible to do it, and when he needs to hook them, he uses his voodoo to put them on the hook. I remember back in the day how people though Freddy couldn't work because devs would need to create dream world and that seemed impossible, but they did it, i also remember how people said Pinhead can't work because he never attacked, but they did it. It almost the same think they are saying with Chucky, he can't carry and hook survivors, but with every new chapter we get new animation, guess we'll see how they are going to do it.
What do you think that means?
Maybe they got Chucky's license, Jason's I don't think so, as much as I want it here, I feel that the sixth anniversary will be Chucky, I was also watching a Schmuckles video related to this and I saw that someone had made a concept of how Chucky would work both in mechanics and in power, I think that wants to highlight what MCote says, that a publication asks for this and has everything it takes to do it.
Maybe I'm wrong, but we will have to see what messages the developers can leave at the end of the year to see signs of the sixth anniversary as happened with Resident Evil, maybe it is Chucky or Jason as the sixth anniversary, one of them 2, but the most likely maybe it's chucky.
Isn't the law suit over with Jason?
Well, Chucky's series is coming on October 12. so it makes sense for him aswell
Can you maybe share that video concept of Chucky? I'm really interested in seeing it.
But yeah if i had to guess it either Jason or Chucky, people were begging for those two forever.
The appeal was won by the writer, the lawsuit officially ends once the writer claims the rights in the US, which Jason is about 80% possible to see in Dead by Daylight.
For the subject of Chucky, the guy talks almost everything about how Chucky's mechanics would be, he can take you from Hostage to the hook, to drag you, with well-valid arguments that one can use his imagination, it is practically possible, the power is almost very similar to what you and @Maperson always talk about, using good guys dolls as the main power, the truth is that this concept makes a lot of sense since it came out in February, they published it on twitter before Mathew published that tweet, about a week before, you may have seen it. Although my bets for next year's licenses go to Jason on the anniversary or Chucky if they can't get the Friday the 13th license yet.
The truth is how the lawsuit was solved, I still think Jason will be here, but maybe it is not the one we all know, but something similar to how they did with Ghostface, I just hope that if they get the license, it will be Jason Part 6 with Tommy Jarvis from Thom Matthews and Camp Crystal Lake.
I think Chucky should be a cosmetic for the Twins. So I can Kick Him.
You couldn't be more wrong.
There is a new series coming out so its his moment.
Also the killer doll trope is still missing from DBD.
Personally I always found the chucky films ridiculous even by late 80's early 90's horror standards but hey DBD needs a killer doll so why not.
I thInk that Jason will soon be in the game, which is awesome, always wanted biggest slasher icon in the game.
I mean there are a lot of ways to do it, but it would definitely need new mechanic but that okay because we get new one ever chapter.
I mean people were begging for those two forever, I'd be happy whoever gets added, win-wij situation.
I think this is perfect timing for him to be added honestly.
About the movies that's very subjective, some are good, some aren't.
Well... if not Chucky, a Doll killer is a must, and I created a concept for one back in 2019-ish, and updated it in 2020 as an alternative OC for a doll based killer. You're welcome to read that here:
Note that the killers power is all about jumping from doll to doll in order to ambush survivors which predates the Twins by a long shot, and unlike the twins, their Red Light, Green Light mechanic actually makes it impossible to camp hooks with them. Also the Possession mechanic itself solves all the problems a Doll based killer would have such as: breaking pallets, grabbing, hooking, and vaulting. Overall, I kinda feel like the devs drew inspiration from this concept for the Twins, but didn't pay enough attention to what would make them balanced... Personal feelings aside, I still feel that this is a solid Concept, and actually want to work on a 3rd and final version of The Dolls with all the bells and whistles to really flesh them out as a Viable candidate for DbD.
It's a long read mind you, but I included a TL;DR in the end of the post to sum up what the killer is, how it works, and of course the perks for both the killer and survivor. If you like this concept as an alternative to Chucky, please feel free to comment in the original post, as that will help me in forming the final version.
Totally subjective and if he came to DBD I'd probably pick him up for a laugh. Like I said its missing the doll horror trope.