To the Stretched Res Users Out There

As someone using an unfair advantage to gain the upper hand, what gives you the right to complain about the way I play? Last night I went against several stretched res TTV's having the audacity to mass report me for "unsportsmanlike behavior" while blatantly cheating. I'm really curious what the mindset is and if people who do this are self-aware.

Comments

  • @SomberNokk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2543304#Comment_2543304

    Hmm well if you reread what I said I didn't say it made the game easy mode I was referring to the survivor side as the easy mode... Also now offer a counterpoint to how you don't gain an advantage using stretched res.

    Not easy mode =/= no advantage

    FPS uncap has advantages too but no one wants to admit that, let alone call it an exploit because they want to cherrypick what is and isn't a cheat to make themselves feel better. As well as filters, dpi change, equalisers, and more

  • @Fobbo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2541088#Comment_2541088

    Imagine defending something that is against the rules

    If it's against the rules then it's an offence, meaning that you would get punished for using it. So you're lying about it being "against the rules".

  • @Rogue11 said:

    It's not just seeing the killer over walls that gives an advantage. Its also a massive amount of general map information. You can be working on a gen inside a loop, where your view would be very limited on native resolution, and be able to see every other tile nearby, what pallets/windows are available, where other gens are located to avoid a 3 gen, seeing if the killer is moving your way from well outside their terror radius, etc.

    This is stuff that is normally only gained through a lot of game sense, moving around the map throughout the match, perks, or maybe from comms.

    But yea, keep lying that it's super situational and just looks better.

    You are aware that stretched res doesn't show anything that's not present on native, right? It's not giving you more resolution, it's stretching what's already available. Meaning those videos trying to showcase you being able to see the killer over loops in stretched res, you can do the same thing in native, but you have to move your camera more. The benefit of stretched res is having to move your camera less.

    You're also being dramatic about stretched res. You don't get an aerial view of the map by stretched res and you still have to move about it just like on native to see information such as: nearby windows, what gens are nearby, etc. Even on bare maps like Sheltered Woods.

    You're kind of the only one lying. It's very easy to tell the people who cry about stretched resolution who have close to no experience with it or absolutely none.

    I really just find it funny how people act like stretched resolution is a human right's violation but they're also the same people who use fps uncap, filters, and so forth.

    also FYI: Console can use stretched res too. It's just harder as there is less customisation and it's more hardware limited by monitor settings. For the most part it's not "cheating" or exploiting as both parties can do it. Just like climbable rocks aren't exploiting or cheating as both parties (killer and survivor) can do it, not just one role. What console can't do, however, is fps uncap, which gives a gameplay advantage. You lot aren't ready to admit you're cheating using that, though.

  • @kyogul said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2542786#Comment_2542786

    You are aware that stretched res doesn't show anything that's not present on native, right? It's not giving you more resolution, it's stretching what's already available. Meaning those videos trying to showcase you being able to see the killer over loops in stretched res, you can do the same thing in native, but you have to move your camera more. The benefit of stretched res is having to move your camera less.

    You're also being dramatic about stretched res. You don't get an aerial view of the map by stretched res and you still have to move about it just like on native to see information such as: nearby windows, what gens are nearby, etc. Even on bare maps like Sheltered Woods.

    You're kind of the only one lying. It's very easy to tell the people who cry about stretched resolution who have close to no experience with it or absolutely none.

    I really just find it funny how people act like stretched resolution is a human right's violation but they're also the same people who use fps uncap, filters, and so forth.

    also FYI: Console can use stretched res too. It's just harder as there is less customisation and it's more hardware limited by monitor settings. For the most part it's not "cheating" or exploiting as both parties can do it. Just like climbable rocks aren't exploiting or cheating as both parties (killer and survivor) can do it, not just one role. What console can't do, however, is fps uncap, which gives a gameplay advantage. You lot aren't ready to admit you're cheating using that, though.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2543023#Comment_2543023

    https://i.imgur.com/mSuP7nX.png

    Hello, susie29847

    how many times do i get to link this video? 🤔

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTFFHUgQgks
  • @kyogul said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2542786#Comment_2542786

    You are aware that stretched res doesn't show anything that's not present on native, right? It's not giving you more resolution, it's stretching what's already available. Meaning those videos trying to showcase you being able to see the killer over loops in stretched res, you can do the same thing in native, but you have to move your camera more. The benefit of stretched res is having to move your camera less.

    You're also being dramatic about stretched res. You don't get an aerial view of the map by stretched res and you still have to move about it just like on native to see information such as: nearby windows, what gens are nearby, etc. Even on bare maps like Sheltered Woods.

    You're kind of the only one lying. It's very easy to tell the people who cry about stretched resolution who have close to no experience with it or absolutely none.

    I really just find it funny how people act like stretched resolution is a human right's violation but they're also the same people who use fps uncap, filters, and so forth.

    also FYI: Console can use stretched res too. It's just harder as there is less customisation and it's more hardware limited by monitor settings. For the most part it's not "cheating" or exploiting as both parties can do it. Just like climbable rocks aren't exploiting or cheating as both parties (killer and survivor) can do it, not just one role. What console can't do, however, is fps uncap, which gives a gameplay advantage. You lot aren't ready to admit you're cheating using that, though.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2543023#Comment_2543023

    https://i.imgur.com/mSuP7nX.png

    Hello, susie29847

    Posting your sequence of overt lies and bad faith arguments doesn't give it more validity in image format.

  • Are you really surprised? They are using stretched res after all. Most of the people I have seen use it have pretty undesirable personalities.

  • @kyogul said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2542786#Comment_2542786

    You are aware that stretched res doesn't show anything that's not present on native, right? It's not giving you more resolution, it's stretching what's already available. Meaning those videos trying to showcase you being able to see the killer over loops in stretched res, you can do the same thing in native, but you have to move your camera more. The benefit of stretched res is having to move your camera less.

    You're also being dramatic about stretched res. You don't get an aerial view of the map by stretched res and you still have to move about it just like on native to see information such as: nearby windows, what gens are nearby, etc. Even on bare maps like Sheltered Woods.

    You're kind of the only one lying. It's very easy to tell the people who cry about stretched resolution who have close to no experience with it or absolutely none.

    I really just find it funny how people act like stretched resolution is a human right's violation but they're also the same people who use fps uncap, filters, and so forth.

    also FYI: Console can use stretched res too. It's just harder as there is less customisation and it's more hardware limited by monitor settings. For the most part it's not "cheating" or exploiting as both parties can do it. Just like climbable rocks aren't exploiting or cheating as both parties (killer and survivor) can do it, not just one role. What console can't do, however, is fps uncap, which gives a gameplay advantage. You lot aren't ready to admit you're cheating using that, though.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2543023#Comment_2543023

    https://i.imgur.com/mSuP7nX.png

    Hello, susie29847

    Glad to see you have no idea what you're talking about.

  • Can't wait for anti-stretch patch.

  • @SomberNokk said:

    As someone using an unfair advantage to gain the upper hand, what gives you the right to complain about the way I play? Last night I went against several stretched res TTV's having the audacity to mass report me for "unsportsmanlike behavior" while blatantly cheating. I'm really curious what the mindset is and if people who do this are self-aware.

    I mean why devs just don't up walls more? and other obstacles? So that Stretch can't be used?

  • @kyogul said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2542786#Comment_2542786

    You are aware that stretched res doesn't show anything that's not present on native, right? It's not giving you more resolution, it's stretching what's already available. Meaning those videos trying to showcase you being able to see the killer over loops in stretched res, you can do the same thing in native, but you have to move your camera more. The benefit of stretched res is having to move your camera less.

    You're also being dramatic about stretched res. You don't get an aerial view of the map by stretched res and you still have to move about it just like on native to see information such as: nearby windows, what gens are nearby, etc. Even on bare maps like Sheltered Woods.

    You're kind of the only one lying. It's very easy to tell the people who cry about stretched resolution who have close to no experience with it or absolutely none.

    I really just find it funny how people act like stretched resolution is a human right's violation but they're also the same people who use fps uncap, filters, and so forth.

    also FYI: Console can use stretched res too. It's just harder as there is less customisation and it's more hardware limited by monitor settings. For the most part it's not "cheating" or exploiting as both parties can do it. Just like climbable rocks aren't exploiting or cheating as both parties (killer and survivor) can do it, not just one role. What console can't do, however, is fps uncap, which gives a gameplay advantage. You lot aren't ready to admit you're cheating using that, though.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2543023#Comment_2543023

    https://i.imgur.com/mSuP7nX.png

    Hello, susie29847

    This is incorrect.

    Stretched does show you more than you can see with native, and it's not just having to move the camera less.

    Due to the way the third person camera is centered on the survivor and moves in an inverse arc, simply angling the camera as far up or down as you can is not enough to be able to see over tall walls with native, due to that part of the screen not being visible.

    With stretched res you are able to angle your camera down at the floor, which due to the arc moves the camera to its highest position, above the walls, and the field of view that would be cut off at the top of the screen isnt.

    There's plenty of footage to demonstrate this so I don't know why you feel the need to lie about it.

  • @kyogul said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2543312#Comment_2543312

    Not easy mode =/= no advantage

    FPS uncap has advantages too but no one wants to admit that, let alone call it an exploit because they want to cherrypick what is and isn't a cheat to make themselves feel better. As well as filters, dpi change, equalisers, and more

    Also add reshade and crosshairs

  • The amount of people actually defending stretch res is just mind blowing.


    "It makes my FPS higher" is not a valid argument in most cases.

    You know, you can simply just lower your resolution while keeping the aspect ratio, so that argument is absolutely invalid.

    You're not using stretch res. for more FPS, you're using stretch res for an advantage or else you'd just use a lower resolution.. why'd you even "stretch" your res for FPS. Makes absolutely no sense at all.


    That being said - the devs need to fix their game. There are monitors which are not running 16:9 natively. 16:10 is kinda common too and 4:3 is, while it's a super old standard, still present for some people.

  • can anyone confirm if the stretched res on a nurse's fatigue lets you see higher? i'd love to try that ;')

  • @dallasmedicbag said:

    can anyone confirm if the stretched res on a nurse's fatigue lets you see higher? i'd love to try that ;')

    It does and there's footage of it. I think it was Tru3 T4lent who tested it.

    This is a little more niche though, and I'd argue that vertical FoV increase for killer isn't much of an issue as the camera is stationary. (Not on an arc track like survivor)

    Horizontal stretching would aid killer more but I've never seen that done.

  • @SomberNokk said:

    As someone using an unfair advantage to gain the upper hand, what gives you the right to complain about the way I play? Last night I went against several stretched res TTV's having the audacity to mass report me for "unsportsmanlike behavior" while blatantly cheating. I'm really curious what the mindset is and if people who do this are self-aware.

    There are enough people who can not accept defeat and BHVR has already indicated several times that lying (especially regarding reports) will be punished. I am looking forward to a new reporting system where just such people will be held accountable.

  • I have a 5 year old 1080 non-Ti and do just fine with 1920x1080 120fps while recording. If you can't get the frames you want with 1080p then try 720p.

  • Cause theres no argument you objectively get an advantage from stretched res.

  • @SomberNokk said:

    As someone using an unfair advantage to gain the upper hand, what gives you the right to complain about the way I play? Last night I went against several stretched res TTV's having the audacity to mass report me for "unsportsmanlike behavior" while blatantly cheating. I'm really curious what the mindset is and if people who do this are self-aware.

    How does stretched out res even work? Is it because of their monitors? I don’t think I get it - does the game look weird? I feel like it would just bother me

  • @ReviloDBD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/285325/to-the-stretched-res-users-out-there

    How does stretched out res even work? Is it because of their monitors? I don’t think I get it - does the game look weird? I feel like it would just bother me

    It forces a resolution that adds nearly double the height of the screen vertically.

    It then squeezes this larger portrait screen into your landscape monitor so it 'looks' stretched out sideways, but the added visuals are at the top and bottom.

  • @Mr_K said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2543460#Comment_2543460

    I have a 5 year old 1080 non-Ti and do just fine with 1920x1080 120fps while recording. If you can't get the frames you want with 1080p then try 720p.

    I have a gtx 960

  • Started playing DBD with a gtx680 w/ 1080p. No issues. 60fps is reasonable with a 960. Like stated, if you have issues with 1080p then 720p would fix that issue.

  • @Mr_K said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2545123#Comment_2545123

    Started playing DBD with a gtx680 w/ 1080p. No issues. 60fps is reasonable with a 960. Like stated, if you have issues with 1080p then 720p would fix that issue.

    Nope, I rather play stretched. Gives me more fps and also stays native at least on one axis which makes it less blurry.

  • @Apexgnifrums said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2545132#Comment_2545132

    Nope, I rather play stretched. Gives me more fps and also stays native at least on one axis which makes it less blurry.

    What's the fps gain?

  • No thanks, like stated before I'm at the 120 cap.

    I woud though, like to know the before and after numbers.

  • @Mr_K said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2545183#Comment_2545183

    No thanks, like stated before I'm at the 120 cap.

    I woud though, like to know the before and after numbers.

    I have 1440p 165hz monitor. Before on native is around 70 FPs, very inconsistent. After stretched res is hitting 120 cap and staying there 95% of the time with some occasional stutters while the image looks very clean to my eyes. Going to basic 1080p just looks awful on a 1440p monitor

  • I like how this thread is basically:

    1. -Well stated argument to why it's unfair to use stretched res-
    2. -"No, show proof!"-
    3. -Proof is provided-
    4. -Proof is ignored and they instead reply to a different post starting from step 2 again-
  • @LinkToReality said:

    I like how this thread is basically:

    1. -Well stated argument to why it's unfair to use stretched res-
    2. -"No, show proof!"-
    3. -Proof is provided-
    4. -Proof is ignored and they instead reply to a different post starting from step 2 again-

    Was kinda hoping with the QaA we would get a statement from the devs but nope RIP.

1 2 3 4 ›