How many people will main Spirit after the nerf?

I've seen a lot of people say that they hate playing her because she "gives free wins" and what not. After the nerf goes live, she definitely won't be in that spot anymore. Will you consider her to be one of your mains or even just character that you'll play as every now and then? I would hate for her to become as rare as Billy and Plague.

Also sorry for yet again another Spirit thread by me but I just can't stop thinking about this nerf and also I love her to death.

Comments

  • I will play her more because she takes skill to play now

  • @legacycolt said:

    I will play her more because she takes skill to play now

    Good to hear :)

  • Depends. I'll have to see how strong she is after the nerf goes live, but I might pick her up.

  • @QwQw said:

    Depends. I'll have to see how strong she is after the nerf goes live, but I might pick her up.

    I think she'll still be strong but we'll see. At least I hope so.

  • I’ll probably play her more, just because matches where 2 or 3 survivors dc early in the match because it’s Spirit should be more rare.

  • I definitely knew you would continue playing her.

    @xenotimebong said:

    I’ll probably play her more, just because matches where 2 or 3 survivors dc early in the match because it’s Spirit should be more rare.

    People will always find reasons to DC but the rate will certainly be much less with Spirit.

  • I'll probably play her more after the nerf. She's just too boring to play right now (not to mention a lot of survivors will just DC against her).

  • I'll keep playing her because she's fun. It's basically jason's shift from F13 game and that's epic

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    I'll probably play her more after the nerf. She's just too boring to play right now (not to mention a lot of survivors will just DC against her).

    She's not boring, she's a queen.

    @[Deleted User] said:

    I'll keep playing her because she's fun. It's basically jason's shift from F13 game and that's epic

    Haven't played F13.

  • I'll def try her out in the PTB to see how it goes. She might be a killer I'll play every now and then.

  • Im sure people still DC. Because standing still doesnt kill them. Her speed is.

    . Any Survivor within 24m of The Spirit will now hear a directional phase sound. This lets you know whether or not she is phasing and also gives you a rough idea of which direction she’s coming from. 

    I dont know this 24m is fixed number or her TR. Because if its a fix number. I can use Distressing to play around with it. Chase down survivor isnt my style.

    @C3Tooth said:

    I dont have head phone, so I never use Stridor on Spirit. But I have another strategy to play Spirit since the early day I started to play her.

    We all know Survivors can hear Spirit phasing if you're outside the husk's TR, and dont if they're outside TR.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/LBNQ8Q2FC2OA/image.png

    Killers TR have 4 layers of music, that break their TR range into 4 parts.

    The further you're, the less tense TR survivors can hear. Phasing when survivors are at the edge of your TR is the 2nd best way to phase (just below standing mind game) to catch survivor off guard. Since they dont hear phasing and only little of TR.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/W71TF72CU1G8/image.png

    The best surprise phasing is to phase at your Low TR range (18-24), but how do you estimate the range to phase?

    Use The Nurse's calling.

    Nurse calling 1 has 20m range. Which is if you see survivors healing. They're at 20m distance (Low TR).

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/DMT9QWM3YJE1/image.png

    Incase you unlock Nurse calling 3 that has 28m range. If you see survivor healing and start to phase. They will hear you phasing because they're further than your TR range (24m).

    Then how do you fix it? Prestige?

    Use Distressing.

    Distressing increase Spirit's TR to 30m. It also extend the Low TR range section (from 6 to 7.5m). And with Nurse calling 3 has greater range. Its far easier to spot survivors in healing.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/3KAWYIIZRQ7O/image.png

    To make this tactic works often, suggest to use Sloppy Butcher & Thana to force them heal more than they should.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/2MBQS6S43PA4/image.png

    Beside Doctor. Spirit gets benefit if her TR larger due to how phasing sound works.


  • @glitchboi said:

    I'll def try her out in the PTB to see how it goes. She might be a killer I'll play every now and then.

    🙂🙂🙂

  • Jason is basically... Demo. Trickster. Ghost Face. Trapper. Spirit. Tombstone Piece.

  • @GannTM said:

    I've seen a lot of people say that they hate playing her because she "gives free wins" and what not. After the nerf goes live, she definitely won't be in that spot anymore. Will you consider her to be one of your mains or even just character that you'll play as every now and then? I would hate for her to become as rare as Billy and Plague.

    Also sorry for yet again another Spirit thread by me but I just can't stop thinking about this nerf and also I love her to death.

    Spirit will always have a place in my heart. But when it comes to high ranks, I won't be playing her due to the fact that they are giving her easy mode counterplay.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2520133#Comment_2520133

    I think she'll still be strong but we'll see. At least I hope so.

    Same. I don't think she'll be weak or anything, but this nerf may be a bit much.

  • @MigrantTheGreat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/282532/how-many-people-will-main-spirit-after-the-nerf

    Spirit will always have a place in my heart. But when it comes to high ranks, I won't be playing her due to the fact that they are giving her easy mode counterplay.

    No please keep playing her, we need to keep Spirit relevant together!

  • Not me, I was always terrible with her. Instead, I’ll be playing Basement Trapper.

  • @legacycolt said:

    I will play her more because she takes skill to play now

    The skill she required is the same as before the only difference is survivor will know where you are at all time so its not spirit that require more skill but the survivor who require to know how to look behind

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2520171#Comment_2520171

    No please keep playing her, we need to keep Spirit relevant together!

    Didn't say I wasn't going to stop playing her, she just not my go to killer for sweaty games anymore.

    Plus I haven't played DBB since the SBMM PTB because I'm burnt out

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    Not me, I was always terrible with her. Instead, I’ll be playing Basement Trapper.

    Shmexy

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    Not me, I was always terrible with her. Instead, I’ll be playing Basement Trapper.

    The new Trapper Sack will be great for basement Trapper since it won't really matter that much to pick up the bear traps (you can just walk through them and take the stun), not to mention you'll have all the bear traps you need to set it up without needing to go out of your way to find more bear traps.

  • @glitchboi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2520179#Comment_2520179

    The new Trapper Sack will be great for basement Trapper since it won't really matter that much to pick up the bear traps (you can just walk through them and take the stun), not to mention you'll have all the bear traps you need to set it up without needing to go out of your way to find more bear traps.

    Trapper sack plus iri stone? Set up 3 or 4 around shack, find an unlucky victim, and you're set. Easy game, easy life.

    How long until the "nerf Trapper threads start popping up? I can already see it. "There's no counterplay. It's just a coin flip guessing game if he has a trap placed at every loop or not." 😆

  • I probably just won't play killer in general after this wave of nerfs on top of the garbage new matchmaking.

    I'll stick to the survivor power role for the time being until someday a worthy competitor to DBD arrives.

  • I might play spirit more but eh

    I don't really like playing 110 speed the exceptions are the range killers

  • I'll probably play her again, stopped doing so a good while ago because I just felt scummy for playing her. These upcoming changes might change that.

  • Main her? No.

    Play her? Yes~.

    Rin be hella cute, so long as she's clothed. If she's default it's just uncomfortable imo.


    I love this gill's design, but the fact that she was so hated was very off-putting. I like playing more than three matches in a row before I get death threats; the redesign will be refreshing, methinks.

  • I'll probably keep playing her, she's one of my favorite killers next to Pig and Plague.

  • "This nerf might be a bit too much". What? The directional phase sound? It was a bug of her from a long time and spirits performed well enough with the bug, spirit was highly picked even then... stop overreacting.

  • @s1l3nt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2520124#Comment_2520124

    u wish hahahahaha

    every body know spirit takes no skills .. eeeasy 4-3k

    Nice bait, try fishing elsewhere lmao

  • I don’t play her at the moment because she just feels cheap and dirty but I’ll define play her after the nerf.

  • @botrax said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2520120#Comment_2520120

    The skill she required is the same as before the only difference is survivor will know where you are at all time so its not spirit that require more skill but the survivor who require to know how to look behind

    That's not really it since there's a lot of iron will players, now survivors know where you are and you as killer have to simply guess

  • @Plunk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2520180#Comment_2520180

    That's not really it since there's a lot of iron will players, now survivors know where you are and you as killer have to simply guess

    It was already a guessing game cause of iron will exeot now instead of it being a 50/50 the odds are going to be in the survivor favor because of all the info they will get. I think spirit is dead after this update for the only reason when she use her power the survivor will have more info compqre to her

  • I'll continue to play Spirit... but I don't main her

  • Depends on how weak she becomes. If she becomes weaker then current Myers then I probably won't main. The problem is I've only played spirit 3 times so I'm not fully sure if I like playing her.

  • @legacycolt said:

    I will play her more because she takes skill to play now

    I'm pretty sure she still has the same required skill. It's just that survivors actually can "skillfully" counter her.

  • @botrax said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2520422#Comment_2520422

    It was already a guessing game cause of iron will exeot now instead of it being a 50/50 the odds are going to be in the survivor favor because of all the info they will get. I think spirit is dead after this update for the only reason when she use her power the survivor will have more info compqre to her

    100% agree, i didn't like the stand still "mindgame", but at least when using her power both players had to guess, now you're the only one guessing

  • I really enjoyed her lunge addons often so it feels complicated knowing they'll be gone.

    I do not mind her basekit changes. As long as I played Spirit, I know it is devastating to verse against her honestly.

    I think I will play her more and comfortably once she gets more fair condition.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I'll keep playing her because she's fun. It's basically jason's shift from F13 game and that's epic

    Only without seeing them.

  • I'll try her to get a feeling of her new self, but I've never mained her and I still don't intend to.

  • Hopefully a lot less.

  • People swore they are done playing Spirit after her first nerf because she would be so bad. Guess what: nothing changed and Spirit remained just as busted. Stop panicking and over-exaggerating every damn time.

  • @legacycolt said:

    I will play her more because she takes skill to play now

    What increases the skill cap of Spirit on these nerfs?

  • @GannTM said:

    I've seen a lot of people say that they hate playing her because she "gives free wins" and what not. After the nerf goes live, she definitely won't be in that spot anymore. Will you consider her to be one of your mains or even just character that you'll play as every now and then? I would hate for her to become as rare as Billy and Plague.

    Also sorry for yet again another Spirit thread by me but I just can't stop thinking about this nerf and also I love her to death.

    it's always nerf the killers here, maybe touch a few survivor perks there it's just sweats mad about not having total control anyhow and given their egos they still won't win so if u genuinely are good with spirit and it still makes people upset congratulations you are a good player!

  • I think the bad Spirit players will phase out, and those who are willing to adapt and be creative with the power will continue.

    Maybe less picks in high ranks.

  • Never played her but honestly, it seems they nerfed her base kit way too hard based on the limited information we have.

    If I recall, they're doing:

    1) Spirit kicks up dust when she phases

    2) Phasing is directional when in a certain distance of her Killer.

    The first one doesn't require too much depth, apparently it's difficult to see the dust if she's in a grassy area or something. But what about indoor maps? Dead zones? Maps with little to no grass?

    Then you got the directional phasing which they state is in a certain distance (forgot the range) of the killer. Is this the Killer's terror radius or the actual player when they're phasing?

    Now pair these 2 nerfs together and it's like... what's the point of phasing anymore other than traversing the map as quickly as possible? I'm okay with one or the other, preferably the second nerf. But both at the same time without padding her or buffing her in some other aspect? They basically gutted her. The point of her phasing is to be invisible and travel quickly. If you're going to give me directional phasing sounds AND I get to see where her dust is at while she does it, I have all the information I need to easily loop her or get away from her because I know exactly where she's at.

  • @Saitamfed said:

    "This nerf might be a bit too much". What? The directional phase sound? It was a bug of her from a long time and spirits performed well enough with the bug, spirit was highly picked even then... stop overreacting.

    I think the dust being kicked up is the more concerning issue. That's way more of a dead giveaway dpepemind on how its implemented. There is the real fear that killers are gonna lose a high tier killer reducing the pool of competitive killer to blight and nurse. This would be an easier nerf to stomach if the quality of killers produced recently wasn't so disappointing.

  • I'll still play her just because I spent money on her and I like her aesthetic. As long the nerf don't completely gut her and she is still playable I will be happy. I just don't want to feel like I wasted money on a killer that's not useable or fun to play anymore. Like, thank god billy is in the base game bc I hate how he plays, and he feels so weak to me. Anyway, it's not like I use the standstill thing that often on her and I'm still kinda new to her since so it's not like I have to completely relearn everything.

‹ 1 2