Solution How To Recognize And Ban Strechted User

As you can see in this clip from Otzdarva:

https://www.twitch.tv/otzdarva/clip/AntediluvianCoweringGuanacoTinyFace-vQ01iA2X-wiV-7iE

you are not only able to see more but you even have a better reveal ability on Ghostface.

We can use this mechanic to ban/punish people who use stretched resolution by rewriting a script that places at all time an invisble wall around the survivor and a detection area that detects if the camera is outside that borders.

If someone now stretches his/her resolution he/she will look above the invisble wall and detect that object which results in automatic ban. It does not even need to be a permanent ban because like it seems most people seem to use it (especialy people here in comments defending stretched for their lifes) but just a ban for an hour every time someone tries it and after a view hours everyone will stop using it forever.

works also for killer the same way just with borders!

EDIT:

Here how the script is gona work:

dbd project.png


You are welcome Behavior.

Comments

  • We should totally ban people using detection based on a copycat of the most consistent and realiable mechanic in the game. It's gonna work 100%.

    /s

  • @Bwsted said:

    We should totally ban people using detection based on a copycat of the most consistent and realiable mechanic in the game. It's gonna work 100%.

    /s

    If used like I said it is 100% consistent because it litterly interacts only with it self in a different "realm" from all other objects. I have modding experience in skyrim and what I described would be pretty easy to do (in skyrim).

    I understand your scepticism but you are not right this time. Good day

  • Meanwhile, i'm just sitting here thinking about how absolutely mental it is that using a resolution in a video game is considered an offense worth banning for.

  • @Grandpa_Crack_Pipe said:

    Meanwhile, i'm just sitting here thinking about how absolutely mental it is that using a resolution in a video game is considered an offense worth banning for.

    If you saw this video and dont still dont understand why its an bannable offense you have much bigger problems.

  • Or, and I know this might sound wacky so hear me out… how about the devs just update their game so changing your monitor resolution doesn’t give you any in-game advantage???

  • @xenotimebong said:

    Or, and I know this might sound wacky so hear me out… about the devs just update their game so changing your monitor resolution doesn’t give you any in-game advantage???

    nice solution, lets put it in the queue of BHVR things to do: this should be done around by the year 2054

    EVERYONE who doesnt see a problem is just using it himself/herself and is to afraid to loosing an advantage.

  • @Pirate said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2505576#Comment_2505576

    If you saw this video and dont still dont understand why its an bannable offense you have much bigger problems.

    I understand exactly why it's a problem.

    It's just absolutely zany that this is a thing at all.

  • @Pirate said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2505593#Comment_2505593

    nice solution, lets put it in the queue of BHVR things to do: this should be done around by the year 2054

    EVERYONE who doesnt see a problem is just using it himself/herself and is to afraid to loosing an advantage.

    What makes you think your proposed solution is any more likely to be implemented? And what makes you think it wouldn’t break some entirely unrelated aspect of the game, like everything else that gets released?

    And no, I don’t play on stretched res. I just don’t give enough of a ######### about it to think the devs should waste time developing a way to ban for it, I’d rather they actually fix the issue if they don’t want it in the game.

  • I already can hear "we disable strech counermeasure, because alot of people were baned while there were not using strech"

    Like what if you have highground and look at ghostface over the wall and you get baned BC you triggered that thing?

    While i do like the idea. I see way too many bad points because remember - THIS IS BHVR and they tend to make things like that

  • @Grandpa_Crack_Pipe said:

    Meanwhile, i'm just sitting here thinking about how absolutely mental it is that using a resolution in a video game is considered an offense worth banning for.

    Well becuz you can see things you shouldnt see I remember on other games doesnt matter the resolution you always see the same but devs never see even 15% of the possible tricks players can do

  • @xenotimebong said:

    Or, and I know this might sound wacky so hear me out… about the devs just update their game so changing your monitor resolution doesn’t give you any in-game advantage???

    It what happens in all games except this one

  • nice job I like it. but it will not happen XD

    edit:

    @xenotimebong said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2505597#Comment_2505597

    What makes you think your proposed solution is any more likely to be implemented? And what makes you think it wouldn’t break some entirely unrelated aspect of the game, like everything else that gets released?

    And no, I don’t play on stretched res. I just don’t give enough of a ######### about it to think the devs should waste time developing a way to ban for it, I’d rather they actually fix the issue if they don’t want it in the game.

    it will 100% break stuff but everything does break stuff like freddy pallets.

    @TimeMonster said:

    I already can hear "we disable strech counermeasure, because alot of people were baned while there were not using strech"

    Like what if you have highground and look at ghostface over the wall and you get baned BC you triggered that thing?

    While i do like the idea. I see way too many bad points because remember - THIS IS BHVR and they tend to make things like that

    if people say truth though! many cheaters always say: "my cousin used my account"

  • Stretched is something that can only be fixed, if you want to see people get banned for it you'll forever be disappointed.

  • @Grandpa_Crack_Pipe said:

    Meanwhile, i'm just sitting here thinking about how absolutely mental it is that using a resolution in a video game is considered an offense worth banning for.

    Yeah I don't think worth ban I do hope they do something about it to prevent it. On a game like DBD stretched res is just too good.

  • what if they just made it so you can't just change the windowsnoeditor file??? it shouldn't be able to be changed by users...

  • @baseballfan4877 said:

    what if they just made it so you can't just change the windowsnoeditor file??? it shouldn't be able to be changed by users...

    That has nothing to do with stretched. DBD takes your desktop resolution and runs with it without asking any questions, no matter if that's a still "real resolution" with a different aspect ratio (like 1920x1080 -> 1280x800) or some absolutely cursed abomination of a resolution like 400x1200. DBD will take it, stretch it to fill the screen and run with it no matter what.

  • @Pirate said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2505568#Comment_2505568

    If used like I said it is 100% consistent because it litterly interacts only with it self in a different "realm" from all other objects. I have modding experience in skyrim and what I described would be pretty easy to do (in skyrim).

    I understand your scepticism but you are not right this time. Good day

    "It will be 100% consistent"

    Source: you.

    Also, you failed to address stretched when playing as killer.

    We agree on one thing, though: good night.

  • @Pirate said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2505593#Comment_2505593

    nice solution, lets put it in the queue of BHVR things to do: this should be done around by the year 2054

    EVERYONE who doesnt see a problem is just using it himself/herself and is to afraid to loosing an advantage.

    I mean it is a easier solution then what you are proposing right?

    At least it seems that fixing the resolution with black bars or stuff would be easier then adding a hidden object and wall.

    And with how this game apperently is so easy to hack. Couldn't they just remove the inviseble wall and get everyone banned?

  • @baseballfan4877 said:

    what if they just made it so you can't just change the windowsnoeditor file??? it shouldn't be able to be changed by users...

    The most common way to stretch involves changing your desktop resolution. Locking this file dies nothing except annoy people who like having high quality textures and no anti-aliasing

  • Ghostface's revealing is simply broken

    I am here sitting in native resolution trying to expose him on my face cetering him perfectly in my screen and most of the times never works and I get exposed instead.

    It just looks for me that GF is bugged because with stretched res he's not aiming in the center of the screen and is revealed anyways.

  • @Bwsted said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2505569#Comment_2505569

    "It will be 100% consistent"

    Source: you.

    Also, you failed to address stretched when playing as killer.

    We agree on one thing, though: good night.

    I spoke about killer. you need to learn to read. And yes I am as valid of a source as you with your negativity. Good luck using cheats to play an online game, some people need atleast something in life I guess.

  • @Angelicus23 said:

    Ghostface's revealing is simply broken

    I am here sitting in native resolution trying to expose him on my face cetering him perfectly in my screen and most of the times never works and I get exposed instead.

    It just looks for me that GF is bugged because with stretched res he's not aiming in the center of the screen and is revealed anyways.

    pls understand that my solution has nothing to do with ghostface and his broken reveal mechanic. The core script of his mechanic can still be reused just as I proposed to work in a way that can not be touched by anything then itself. If done correctly it should not interact with anything ingame but itself. Ofcourse we all fear that bhvr breaks stuff with every update but with this logic we also can stay for ever in place with no development at all.

  • There's no way to ban people for stretched res. People with ultra wide monitors/TVs have to stretch their game unless they want to play with mobile resolution. The solution is that BHVR has to code so stretching your res doesn't make your field of view bigger.

  • @Pirate said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2505736#Comment_2505736

    pls understand that my solution has nothing to do with ghostface and his broken reveal mechanic. The core script of his mechanic can still be reused just as I proposed to work in a way that can not be touched by anything then itself. If done correctly it should not interact with anything ingame but itself. Ofcourse we all fear that bhvr breaks stuff with every update but with this logic we also can stay for ever in place with no development at all.

    revealing actually needs to be touched, native resolution people have to reveal him in the normal way and they can't but stretched people can without even centering the camera, that means GF is bugged and needs a fix, then stretched can go next, because the normal way to play against him (native) is not working and only benefits the killer.

  • @Pirate said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2505679#Comment_2505679

    I spoke about killer. you need to learn to read. And yes I am as valid of a source as you with your negativity. Good luck using cheats to play an online game, some people need atleast something in life I guess.

    • Your ad hominem does nothing to prove your points.
    • You failed to address killer pov because the advantage of stretches in 1st person view work differently.
    • Thanks for caring about my life, but you shouls focus on yours. Cheers.
  • Simpler solution to this, make the tall loops taller. Practically this only affects stretched res users and people going for wacky projectile hits.

  • @Bwsted said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2505754#Comment_2505754

    • Your ad hominem does nothing to prove your points.
    • You failed to address killer pov because the advantage of stretches in 1st person view work differently.
    • Thanks for caring about my life, but you shouls focus on yours. Cheers.

    I posted a picture for you, maybe you can understand pictures better then written words. I hope it helps! And killers is also showen the way I discribed. The only thing you can acuse me is that my english is so bad you could not udnerstand it. I hope you get some happiness! Your negativity is very depressing. If you can please dont write to me again I dont want to hear your sarcasm and negativity its bad for my mental health. good day

  • @PanicSquid said:

    Simpler solution to this, make the tall loops taller. Practically this only affects stretched res users and people going for wacky projectile hits.

    This does not adress killers and does require BHVR to rework all maps even the reworked one once again. Its not a simplier solution then littarly one script.

  • @Angelicus23 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2505758#Comment_2505758

    revealing actually needs to be touched, native resolution people have to reveal him in the normal way and they can't but stretched people can without even centering the camera, that means GF is bugged and needs a fix, then stretched can go next, because the normal way to play against him (native) is not working and only benefits the killer.

    No its not. The reveal function perfectly if you bother trying to understand how it actualy works. What stretch res appear to do is increase the size of the detection area in proportion of the vertical FoV increase.

    To clarifiy, in order to reveal Ghosface, you need to have most of his model in an invisible slighlty flat circle at the center of your screen. That circle is actualy larger than most players realize, but a lot of survivors don't seem to understand where the center of their screen is. Also its easier to get 100% of Ghosface's body in the detection zone if he is further away. When close, part of his body might not be in the circle and the detection does not trigger, even when he seem to be in front of you.

    With stretch res that flat circle seem to be also stretched into a long vertical oval shape, wich completly distort the whole idea of centering your camera on the killer.

  • The only arguement what really should work for BHVR is crossplay. Everytime i "lose" on a dark map on whatever which side, i have that thought in my head the other side played on low graphics with strechted and / or filters. PC players CAN use potential advantages which can break the game, in extreme cases it looks almost like cheating. Meanwhile console players can't nearly change anything in the options.


    First step should be to finally add a graphic/performance mode and a brightness/FOV slider (not more then +/- 25%) for ALL plattforms.

  • Here's a much easier and far more reliable idea: Lock the ######### camera FoV like every other game does, including games in the same ######### engine.

    I swear, stretched res is just a thing because one of the Devs doesn't want to become a hacker, if you know what I mean.

  • But what about people who actually play on 4:3?

  • While this may or may not work, BHVR should just fix their code so that stretched res doesn't increase vertical FOV.

  • @Decarcassor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2505775#Comment_2505775

    No its not. The reveal function perfectly if you bother trying to understand how it actualy works. What stretch res appear to do is increase the size of the detection area in proportion of the vertical FoV increase.

    To clarifiy, in order to reveal Ghosface, you need to have most of his model in an invisible slighlty flat circle at the center of your screen. That circle is actualy larger than most players realize, but a lot of survivors don't seem to understand where the center of their screen is. Also its easier to get 100% of Ghosface's body in the detection zone if he is further away. When close, part of his body might not be in the circle and the detection does not trigger, even when he seem to be in front of you.

    With stretch res that flat circle seem to be also stretched into a long vertical oval shape, wich completly distort the whole idea of centering your camera on the killer.

    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/796959750579028008/889168097913749574/ghostface_works.mp4

    works perfectly

  • @Katzengott said:

    The only arguement what really should work for BHVR is crossplay. Everytime i "lose" on a dark map on whatever which side, i have that thought in my head the other side played on low graphics with strechted and / or filters. PC players CAN use potential advantages which can break the game, in extreme cases it looks almost like cheating. Meanwhile console players can't nearly change anything in the options.

    First step should be to finally add a graphic/performance mode and a brightness/FOV slider (not more then +/- 25%) for ALL plattforms.

    The own console and monitors you use have resolution and filters/brightness settings, those aren't PC exclusive advantages

  • DBD is a non competitive casual game where people believe standing still is a game breaking tactic and using a 4:3 resolution is a bannable offense.

    What in the god damn?

    I mean I'm absolutely impressed with the amount of work you put into this idea. If it were a significant problem this could very well be the easiest fix. But I just can't believe this is the thing people are getting so riled up about. An aspect ratio.

  • Bhvr right now: so who do we nerf? Billy or Pig?

  • @RiskyKara said:

    DBD is a non competitive casual game where people believe standing still is a game breaking tactic and using a 4:3 resolution is a bannable offense.

    What in the god damn?

    I mean I'm absolutely impressed with the amount of work you put into this idea. If it were a significant problem this could very well be the easiest fix. But I just can't believe this is the thing people are getting so riled up about. An aspect ratio.

    literally this

    most survivors that die to these killers probably use stretched but they dont realise and when they lose they will blame it on either pc or filters or low graphics or unlocked fps or mods stretched or hacks

  • I could see this having conflict issues with the killer perk ShadowBorn.

  • This is a really good job of making this post, Pirate.

    But stretch res is something that must not be detected and banned. If BHVR wanted to fix something there, the easier way would be, for instance, to add "black bars" to limit the screen size on top/bottom or the sides, whatever works.

    After "Hit Validation" and awesome "Chat filtering" (I hope they finally disable the chat feature, rather than mangling the text so hard), I am really afraid they might add a "stretch res" validation. This scares me more than Michael Myers near my door. Stalking me... With thumb stones piece...

  • @Pirate said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2505593#Comment_2505593

    nice solution, lets put it in the queue of BHVR things to do: this should be done around by the year 2054

    EVERYONE who doesnt see a problem is just using it himself/herself and is to afraid to loosing an advantage.

    Considering this is the EXACT same story killers would use for Camping, Tunneling, and even Slugging. I don't think there's room to complain much about a resolution change. Those three give the killer an advantage to win, doesn't it and it's well enrooted into the killers to do so when they think they might not be able to secure a kill fast enough without those 'tactics'.

    I don't want to sound like those people who say 'A Tic for Tac' but the point is, why is it a problem when the survivors get an advantage, especially those who suffer from soloQ compared to SWF?


    Be warned, In no way shape or form am I trying to condone or defend people using Stretched Res but I genuinely don't see the problem with it considering it doesn't really change the gameplay, you still have the ability to use your power, mind game and even get to them Via bloodlust. Most it allows them to do is see past Mind-games and over loops. It's not a game-breaking hack or cheat and people who admit they're using stretched res to gain that advantage should be fine since they're owning up to the fact they're doing so.

  • @Pirate said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2505593#Comment_2505593

    nice solution, lets put it in the queue of BHVR things to do: this should be done around by the year 2054

    EVERYONE who doesnt see a problem is just using it himself/herself and is to afraid to loosing an advantage.

    Okay, if they make that update take a while what's stopping them from not implementing YOUR idea anytime soon?

  • @Angelicus23 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2505904#Comment_2505904

    The own console and monitors you use have resolution and filters/brightness settings, those aren't PC exclusive advantages

    We're talking about strechted res here, not changing the resolution from 4k to 1080p or 720p.

    Filters can only be used on PC. And just adjusting the brightness does'nt help for DBD.

  • Well, BHVR would have to first fix Ghost Face's reveal mechanic. It's been janky since his release.

  • The amount of TikTok clips with stretched res is unreal.

  • Nice effort but stupid execution. Just make it so each resolution grants the exact same fov which can be done. Much rather that than an unreliable buggy system which bans people.

    But this gives some serious “I only lost because of stretch res vibes.”

  • @SonicOffline said:

    But what about people who actually play on 4:3?

    @RiskyKara said:

    DBD is a non competitive casual game where people believe standing still is a game breaking tactic and using a 4:3 resolution is a bannable offense.

    What in the god damn?

    I mean I'm absolutely impressed with the amount of work you put into this idea. If it were a significant problem this could very well be the easiest fix. But I just can't believe this is the thing people are getting so riled up about. An aspect ratio.

    4:3 resolution is not the same as stretched! Playing on a 4:3 monitor does not distore the picture it just cuts off the sides.

    But DBD has a big problem if you force a 16:9 monitor into 4:3 format it does not cut off the sides like it should do instead it renders more stuff on top and bottom of the screen.

    DBD is a non competitive casual game [...]

    If its so casual then why are most people abusing every mechanic to win? The sad truth is that this game is for too many people too important.

    But I just can't believe this is the thing people are getting so riled up about. An aspect ratio.

    If you watched the clip you can see that its cheating. Its long time not about an aspect ratio anymore.


    @SpineChillUnderlord said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2505597#Comment_2505597

    Considering this is the EXACT same story killers would use for Camping, Tunneling, and even Slugging. I don't think there's room to complain much about a resolution change. Those three give the killer an advantage to win, doesn't it and it's well enrooted into the killers to do so when they think they might not be able to secure a kill fast enough without those 'tactics'.

    I don't want to sound like those people who say 'A Tic for Tac' but the point is, why is it a problem when the survivors get an advantage, especially those who suffer from soloQ compared to SWF?

    Be warned, In no way shape or form am I trying to condone or defend people using Stretched Res but I genuinely don't see the problem with it considering it doesn't really change the gameplay, you still have the ability to use your power, mind game and even get to them Via bloodlust. Most it allows them to do is see past Mind-games and over loops. It's not a game-breaking hack or cheat and people who admit they're using stretched res to gain that advantage should be fine since they're owning up to the fact they're doing so.

    Wow. I have no words. Should we respect rapists next who admit their crimes? You say you dont defend people but your first few senteces litarlly do defend cheaters! Devs said its a not intended and should not give an advantage, which means its cheating. And devs make the rules. Pretty sure they just dont know how to ban people for using it and I hope I just gave them the ability to do so.

    I wish so much that BHVR fixes the resolution bug then we WILL see how many liars will return to vanilla resolution because they dont have an advantage anymore.

  • @Katzengott said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2506020#Comment_2506020

    We're talking about strechted res here, not changing the resolution from 4k to 1080p or 720p.

    Filters can only be used on PC. And just adjusting the brightness does'nt help for DBD.

    yes, console can stretch resolution

    yes, monitors can have integrated filters

    yes, adjusting the brightness helps in dark maps

    and no, losing doesn't mean the other side is using certain factors, and even if they did, they are allowed to and you can't force them to quit that because you dont want to and you want them in your same level.

    quit the mentality that you have, because it's just wrong, you're not like the super best player in the world that can only lose against cheaters

    image.png


  • @Pirate said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2505931#Comment_2505931

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2506026#Comment_2506026

    4:3 resolution is not the same as stretched! Playing on a 4:3 monitor does not distore the picture it just cuts off the sides.

    But DBD has a big problem if you force a 16:9 monitor into 4:3 format it does not cut off the sides like it should do instead it renders more stuff on top and bottom of the screen.

    DBD is a non competitive casual game [...]

    If its so casual then why are most people abusing every mechanic to win? The sad truth is that this game is for too many people too important.

    But I just can't believe this is the thing people are getting so riled up about. An aspect ratio.

    If you watched the clip you can see that its cheating. Its long time not about an aspect ratio anymore.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2506104#Comment_2506104

    Wow. I have no words. Should we respect rapists next who admit their crimes? You say you dont defend people but your first few senteces litarlly do defend cheaters! Devs said its a not intended and should not give an advantage, which means its cheating. And devs make the rules. Pretty sure they just dont know how to ban people for using it and I hope I just gave them the ability to do so.

    I wish so much that BHVR fixes the resolution bug then we WILL see how many liars will return to vanilla resolution because they dont have an advantage anymore.

    Playing on a 4:3 monitor is functionally no different than playing at 4:3 on a 16:9 or 16:10 or even a 21:10

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2505661#Comment_2505661

    The most common way to stretch involves changing your desktop resolution. Locking this file dies nothing except annoy people who like having high quality textures and no anti-aliasing

    yeah forgot its not just changing these files

‹ 1 2