Solution How To Recognize And Ban Strechted User

As you can see in this clip from Otzdarva:

https://www.twitch.tv/otzdarva/clip/AntediluvianCoweringGuanacoTinyFace-vQ01iA2X-wiV-7iE

you are not only able to see more but you even have a better reveal ability on Ghostface.

We can use this mechanic to ban/punish people who use stretched resolution by rewriting a script that places at all time an invisble wall around the survivor and a detection area that detects if the camera is outside that borders.

If someone now stretches his/her resolution he/she will look above the invisble wall and detect that object which results in automatic ban. It does not even need to be a permanent ban because like it seems most people seem to use it (especialy people here in comments defending stretched for their lifes) but just a ban for an hour every time someone tries it and after a view hours everyone will stop using it forever.

works also for killer the same way just with borders!

EDIT:

Here how the script is gona work:

dbd project.png


You are welcome Behavior.

Comments

  • 1 - Add FOV slider up to 95 degrees

    2 - Fix camera position so it cannot give an advantage with stretched

    Easy fix that makes the game better. No need to ban people.

  • @Pirate said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2505931#Comment_2505931

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2506026#Comment_2506026

    4:3 resolution is not the same as stretched! Playing on a 4:3 monitor does not distore the picture it just cuts off the sides.

    But DBD has a big problem if you force a 16:9 monitor into 4:3 format it does not cut off the sides like it should do instead it renders more stuff on top and bottom of the screen.

    DBD is a non competitive casual game [...]

    If its so casual then why are most people abusing every mechanic to win? The sad truth is that this game is for too many people too important.

    But I just can't believe this is the thing people are getting so riled up about. An aspect ratio.

    If you watched the clip you can see that its cheating. Its long time not about an aspect ratio anymore.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2506104#Comment_2506104

    Wow. I have no words. Should we respect rapists next who admit their crimes? You say you dont defend people but your first few senteces litarlly do defend cheaters! Devs said its a not intended and should not give an advantage, which means its cheating. And devs make the rules. Pretty sure they just dont know how to ban people for using it and I hope I just gave them the ability to do so.

    I wish so much that BHVR fixes the resolution bug then we WILL see how many liars will return to vanilla resolution because they dont have an advantage anymore.

    I don't know how to quote just one sentence but I'm responding specifically to your comment about about how a 4:3 isn't the same as playing stretched. Maybe I'm confused, but I'm playing with the settings right now and I'm really quite sure that's all there is to it. See here I'll show you three pictures. One of them is demonstrating the game just forced to a 4:3 resolution, and then 4:3 with the image forced to go from end to end on a 16:9 monitor. They look identical.

    The third picture is just a standard 16:9 resolution. The 1st and 2nd look identical in FOV to each other, and the 16:9 obviously just looks closer to the character.

    20210919154013_1.jpg 20210919154050_1.jpg 20210919154751_1.jpg

    I'll even show you pictures taken on my phone, there is no FOV increase between forcing it full screen to maintaining aspect ratio. It just makes Legion look fatter and all the elements wider, but the FOV is the same.


    unstretched.jpg stretched.jpg


    Like seriously all I did was change my resolution from 2560x1440 to 1920x1440. It wasn't a hard feat, it took me like 20 seconds. I hardly think that should be a bannable offense. This isn't on the level of hacking or using aimbot or whatever. It gives an advantage but like... if you really wanted that advantage so badly why not just do it yourself?

    Resolution change.png


  • In order for them to implement something to ban people for strecthed res, they'd have to make stretched res bannable in the first place. They have said before stretched res is not a bannable offense.

    There's also the issue that if someone was using a non 16:9 monitor, they would effectively get banned for simply existing.

  • Please! I'm tired of ppl getting away with it, it's been too long already.

    Love these ideas, simple and effective.

  • Banning people who use stretched Rez isn't really fair because you don't know why they use it or if they're forced to use it

    But however people who do use it have a advantage to be able to see over objects and off screen the view on killers and survivor should be limited more

  • @Pirate said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2505593#Comment_2505593

    nice solution, lets put it in the queue of BHVR things to do: this should be done around by the year 2054

    EVERYONE who doesnt see a problem is just using it himself/herself and is to afraid to loosing an advantage.

    Or maybe everyone is getting tired of the constant zealotry on both sides when the reality is just that simple: Just fix the game so that resolution changes don't completely blow out the field of view like that. This is the only game I've ever played that really has this sort of resolution to the degree.

  • Earned my vote :)

1 2 ›