Pinhead's line back

I think or all of us think that this the voice line when he summons (you opened the box..I came) Must return :(

Who agrees?

Comments

  • I think they got bent out of shape over the memes.

  • @Apollos said:

    I think they got bent out of shape over the memes.

    Its still pretty dope man

  • Why does the chatterer have voice lines and not Pinhead?

    (Well, he chatters)

  • I like it. We definitely could use more dialogue.

  • Nope, it got ruined with all the memes imo, the joke stopped being funny after like the 2nd time and that was it.

    Love the dialogue, just that hate people have to all constantly make immature jokes about it.

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2486994#Comment_2486994

    I don't really think it's that serious tbh

    DbD itself might as well be one big meme.

    Exactly, if the license holders got bent out of shape, it's pretty pathetic on their part. Let's face it, Hellraiser is a franchise that had one good movie over 30 years ago, if anything the jokes will help people remember what the hell it is. It's sad that BHVR gives the license holders so much control in their agreements. Currently, DBD is far more popular than the Hellraiser franchise, BHVR should have the power in those negotiations.

    I get them having complications with Stranger Things, but Hellraiser? That shouldn't happen.

  • Bet it will be back in 5.2.1 and will be the same as it was.

    The movies are full of innuendo. No way the license owners care about the memes being made. Instead its building interest in an old franchise.

  • @Mr_K said:

    Bet it will be back in 5.2.1 and will be the same as it was.

    The movies are full of innuendo. No way the license owns care about the memes being made. Instead its building interest in an old franchise.

    I really hope so, but I doubt it. I don't think the mods would be saying they can't comment on it if it was just some technical issue.

  • @BuddhaBing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2487008#Comment_2487008

    Exactly, if the license holders got bent out of shape, it's pretty pathetic on their part. Let's face it, Hellraiser is a franchise that had one good movie over 30 years ago, if anything the jokes will help people remember what the hell it is. It's sad that BHVR gives the license holders so much control in their agreements. Currently, DBD is far more popular than the Hellraiser franchise, BHVR should have the power in those negotiations.

    I get them having complications with Stranger Things, but Hellraiser? That shouldn't happen.

    It's sad that BHVR gives the license holders so much control in their agreements.

    Pretty sure that's how all agreements work - no license holder wants their license degraded.

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2487028#Comment_2487028

    This is true although the film itself definitely felt like it had some innuendo and sexual subtexts so it's not as if the memes are really that disparaging to Hellraiser.

    I know, but that's not really important. What's important is what the license holders think. If they think they're disparaging, then they're going to act on that.

  • Maybe they removed it because it wouldn't go well with Chatterer. Maybe it has to be in for all skins or none. I doubt it, as we currently have a none voice box teleport, but would they be able to have one skin with the sound and another without?

  • All killers should have voice lines. Would happily hear Oni rambling on in Japanese after landing a hit.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2487013#Comment_2487013

    It's sad that BHVR gives the license holders so much control in their agreements.

    Pretty sure that's how all agreements work - no license holder wants their license degraded.

    An agreement is negotiated. Not all licensing agreements give the license holders the same amount of power, I think BHVR is giving too much. And if they can't negotiate better terms, I would rather have them stick with original killers. This license has taken away BHVR's ability to be transparent with their playerbase and I just don't think that's worth it.

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2487013#Comment_2487013

    We don't really know the exact reasoning but if it is because the license holder(s) didn't like the memes (which it seems like it might be), that's a pretty ridiculous reason IMO.

    Like you said, BHVR should definitely have more say in these matters.

    It could possibly be a licensing issue. The voice line used wasn't even in the actual film. Now I'm no lawyer, but I would imagine there be some exact specifics and copywrite issues if you change something that was in a script through a license agreement. I dunno...but I'm pretty sure there would be some legal mumbo jumbo in regards to what can and can't be used within a copywritten script or work.

  • @Mr_K said:

    Bet it will be back in 5.2.1 and will be the same as it was.

    The movies are full of innuendo. No way the license owns care about the memes being made. Instead its building interest in an old franchise.

    The first film has sex scenes in it and it's original title was 'Sadomasochists From Beyond The Grave'.

    It's technically not impossible they removed the lines because of the sex joke, but I'd say it's really unlikely.

    -

    That said, there could definitely still be a non-meme related issue with the licensing that keeps the lines from ever coming back. It could be an issue with the VA, or maybe ownership of the script the lines refer to, or also something else.

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2486994#Comment_2486994

    I don't really think it's that serious tbh

    DbD itself might as well be one big meme.

    I'm not taking it serious though, I'm just saying I am tired of that joke.

    It's really not funny anymore, to me.

  • @BabuDweet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2487008#Comment_2487008

    I'm not taking it serious though, I'm just saying I am tired of that joke.

    It's really not funny anymore, to me.

    Like most sexual jokes, it's funny once, mildly amusing the second time, acceptable the third time, and annoying from then on - IMO.

  • @Mr_K said:

    Bet it will be back in 5.2.1 and will be the same as it was.

    The movies are full of innuendo. No way the license owns care about the memes being made. Instead its building interest in an old franchise.

    Its pretty rare that license holders actually know very much about the franchises they own. Thats left up to the film crew, actors, and directors. License holders rarely know jack about what they own, which is why they get cranky quite frequently about things that could be considered "fitting" in the movies franchise.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2487177#Comment_2487177

    Like most sexual jokes, it's funny once, mildly amusing the second time, acceptable the third time, and annoying from then on - IMO.

    @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2487177#Comment_2487177

    Like most sexual jokes, it's funny once, mildly amusing the second time, acceptable the third time, and annoying from then on - IMO.

    Yes exactly! Thank you for getting what I mean.

    Completely agree with you.

  • @BuddhaBing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2487028#Comment_2487028

    An agreement is negotiated. Not all licensing agreements give the license holders the same amount of power, I think BHVR is giving too much. And if they can't negotiate better terms, I would rather have them stick with original killers. This license has taken away BHVR's ability to be transparent with their playerbase and I just don't think that's worth it.

    So you think a single voice line potentially being removed (something that BHVR probably didn't think would ever happen, like how some medications say they "may cause sudden and unexplainable death", even though that's never going to happen) is enough of an issue that BHVR should just toss out any potential licenses and essentially hand them to other companies?

    It's a voice line, not the end of the world.

  • @BabuDweet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2487008#Comment_2487008

    I'm not taking it serious though, I'm just saying I am tired of that joke.

    It's really not funny anymore, to me.

    It wasn't funny the first time. It added atmosphere but wasn't remotely funny to me.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2487044#Comment_2487044

    So you think a single voice line potentially being removed (something that BHVR probably didn't think would ever happen, like how some medications say they "may cause sudden and unexplainable death", even though that's never going to happen) is enough of an issue that BHVR should just toss out any potential licenses and essentially hand them to other companies?

    No, I think BHVR's giving away their ability to talk the situation is enough of an issue though. I wouldn't be nearly as annoyed with the situation if BHVR could communicate a little bit. They haven't even stated whether the changes are going to be permanent or temporary and have refused to do so when asked. If they can't even say that much, I have to assume they signed a bad agreement.

  • In the movie, isn't the line "You opened the box, and we came." ? Need to rewatch the first movie to be certain, but I thought the High Priestess said it. Her lines were some of the best, especially when Kirsty is trying to reason with them.

    And yeah, the whole movie is filled with innuendo because that's part of the universe. Hellraiser without some form(s) of sexuality wouldn't be Hellraiser.

  • "Came" was a big threat to planet Earth so of course they had to cancel it.

  • if they were worried for the horny jokes they could re-do it into "You opened the box, I arrived" or something

  • @Mringasa said:

    In the movie, isn't the line "You opened the box, and we came." ? Need to rewatch the first movie to be certain, but I thought the High Priestess said it. Her lines were some of the best, especially when Kirsty is trying to reason with them.

    And yeah, the whole movie is filled with innuendo because that's part of the universe. Hellraiser without some form(s) of sexuality wouldn't be Hellraiser.

    I think he says it but yeah she was great

  • @hamada98765 said:

    I think or all of us think that this the voice line when he summons (you opened the box..I came) Must return :(

    Who agrees?

    I am assuming it was something with the license, and my theory is the license holders didn't enjoy the memes. I do have hope he will get some new voicelines of some of his other quotes.

  • @BabuDweet said:

    Nope, it got ruined with all the memes imo, the joke stopped being funny after like the 2nd time and that was it.

    Love the dialogue, just that hate people have to all constantly make immature jokes about it.

    It was one line. That shouldn’t mean other lines like his mori should suffer. Why did that badass line have to die because of a stupid joke? That line alone was one of the reasons I wanted to play him.

  • @Apollos said:

    I think they got bent out of shape over the memes.

    They got a bit of meme in their eye?

  • @BabuDweet said:

    Nope, it got ruined with all the memes imo, the joke stopped being funny after like the 2nd time and that was it.

    Love the dialogue, just that hate people have to all constantly make immature jokes about it.

    Holy ######### dude.


    ...


    Holy actual #########.

  • "The box, you opened it, I supervened."

  • People are entitled to their opinions and that is mine.

    Sorry I don't like hearing the same joke over and over and over again. Yano cause it's not funny after the 100th time etc...

  • Clive Barker regains the U.S. rights to the Hellraiser 1987 film on December 19th/2021. This may have caused some complications with the voice lines, but I'm merely speculating. It's possible that once the rights return to Barker, the lines may be reimplemented or rewritten (if there was some other issue). I haven't lost hope in the possibility that the lines could come back, but as we all know given what's going on with Jason, legal stuff is incredibly convoluted, inefficient, and almost purposely designed to drag time and money out of those who participate in it.

  • @ZenithZX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2486994#Comment_2486994

    It was one line. That shouldn’t mean other lines like his mori should suffer. Why did that badass line have to die because of a stupid joke? That line alone was one of the reasons I wanted to play him.

    Didn't say other lines should suffer.

    Honestly, be angry at everyone who constantly made that joke, because on the slightest chance he doesn't get the dialogue back then it's definitely related to the overdone joke.

    I don't personally get wanting to play him partly because of one line but it sucks for the people who got it ruined for them.

  • I couldn't care less about the voice lines, but find it amusing there is so much focus on something so inane and unimportant to the actual function of the killer.

  • @BuddhaBing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2487008#Comment_2487008

    Exactly, if the license holders got bent out of shape, it's pretty pathetic on their part. Let's face it, Hellraiser is a franchise that had one good movie over 30 years ago, if anything the jokes will help people remember what the hell it is. It's sad that BHVR gives the license holders so much control in their agreements. Currently, DBD is far more popular than the Hellraiser franchise, BHVR should have the power in those negotiations.

    I get them having complications with Stranger Things, but Hellraiser? That shouldn't happen.

    The license holder is an old man so probably doesn't get that it's just a joke and would likely be horrified as a result.

  • @SunderMun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2487013#Comment_2487013

    The license holder is an old man so probably doesn't get that it's just a joke and would likely be horrified as a result.

    I'd read up on Clive Barker before making assumptions. Also, have you.. SEEN WHAT HE CREATED? More importantly, consider the time period he created Hellraiser in. Granted the 80's were very metal/cocaine fueled times, but that was on the more extreme/entertainment end. The majority of people were still far more traditional than not.

  • @BadMrFrosty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2487914#Comment_2487914

    I'd read up on Clive Barker before making assumptions. Also, have you.. SEEN WHAT HE CREATED? More importantly, consider the time period he created Hellraiser in. Granted the 80's were very metal/cocaine fueled times, but that was on the more extreme/entertainment end. The majority of people were still far more traditional than not.

    Oh I know it's inconsistent with his catalogue of creations/works, but it does really seem like it's the case.

  • This discussion is still alive omg

  • @SunderMun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2487917#Comment_2487917

    Oh I know it's inconsistent with his catalogue of creations/works, but it does really seem like it's the case.

    I'm just thinking it's a stretch given his works/history. People can change, but boy howdy would that be dramatic.

  • @BadMrFrosty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2487914#Comment_2487914

    I'd read up on Clive Barker before making assumptions. Also, have you.. SEEN WHAT HE CREATED? More importantly, consider the time period he created Hellraiser in. Granted the 80's were very metal/cocaine fueled times, but that was on the more extreme/entertainment end. The majority of people were still far more traditional than not.

    Clive Barker doesn't get the rights back until December.

    https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3643180/clive-barker-regaining-u-s-rights-hellraiser-legal-battle/