Why I'm quitting Dead by Daylight.

Killers love to win overall, even the types of people who play killer specifically play killer cause. they. like. to. win.


That being said, Dead by Daylight has been very biased towards making Killers far to powerful. Within the year+ of playing, I'd flip flop between rank 3-8, which took plenty of time and effort, given I loved the gameplay overall. It was addicting fun, I'd spend about $60 for packs a month! That was until the new rank, pip, and blood points system came out.


I don't care if my luck or odds are bad every few matches if I clearly make dumb choices in that very moment; I can live with that, but I like to believe I'm not an amateur. That being said, ever since each past 2-3 or so updates I've noticed not only have hit boxes been fixed fairly enough, but Killers have been buffed when they already needed being nerfed. Nor has DBD tried to fix game mechanics to avoid toxic Killers tunneling, face camping, and griefing/exploiting to keep their title of an unfair, but high rank killer.


Without survivors, there isn't a game for Killers to enjoy. And although I understand this is a competitive game, it's also one people log onto to have fun and have a laugh over, even if we are the one's being the idiot and getting just s l a u g h t e r e d. Thing is, it's no longer enjoyable with the amounts of toxic Killers that still don't get punished for unfair game play. Constantly I hear, "This game is gonna take reports seriously." It never does. That being said, I don't think this game is listening to the high demands, which overall gonna make a high amount of gamers leave it altogether if this isn't resolved.


Wrapping this up, I'm over it. A once enjoyable game- is corrupted. I only know the sore loser Killers will continue to defend their strong builds, perks, and extra abilities to continue being these toxic winners, throwing fits to make the gameplay more of an advantage for them. Overall, I'm done with this childish, toxic fan base who prioritize a title on a game, than actual fair game play, which I personally have tried hard to stay consistently while playing DBD.


Long story short, and what my friends and I say all the time which has made multiple large discord servers quit this game,


"This game is broken."

When red, purple, and green ranks lose every single match 15 times over? You know the Killers are far too powerful in the game mechanics. (Specifcally the Nemisis, but there's many others that need nerfing) Which honestly, has pushed me to quit until I hear they ACTUALLY, fix this issue.

Comments

  • Yeah I stopped reading after:

    "That being said, Dead by Daylight has been very biased towards making Killers far to powerful-"

  • Christ you people need to go and find something else to do than make new accounts and post bait threads everyday.

  • There’s no way you believe that the game is killer sided or the devs favor them...

  • @Elena said:

    Yeah I stopped reading after:

    "That being said, Dead by Daylight has been very biased towards making Killers far to powerful-"

    Yeah, I play a lot of killer, and with how hard I have to work to get anything done in a match, I don't feel powerful.

  • So a fellow Yui main with 1 post is already leaving? That’s kind of heartbreaking especially for the fact that the reason you’re leaving is a bit over dramatic.

  • You really expect me to believe you spent $60 a month? A month? Within a year, that's over 72k auric cells.

    Wait, hold up. What new rank, pip and BP system? Do you mean the Emblems? So you spent $60 a month on the game before even the Spirit was out?.... Three years ago?!


    You should absolutely quit. That's as unhealthy as it is impressive.

  • Just go dude.


    This game is so easy and I barely see problem with tunnelling or slugging or whatever.


    Its mostly on lower ranks where newcomers learn how to play killer and they dont mean to tunnel/slug anyway.


    How come you lost 15 matches in a row? were you playing 3 am hmt+1 or what?

  • @YuiMain101 said:

    Killers love to win overall, even the types of people who play killer specifically play killer cause. they. like. to. win.

    That being said, Dead by Daylight has been very biased towards making Killers far to powerful. Within the year+ of playing, I'd flip flop between rank 3-8, which took plenty of time and effort, given I loved the gameplay overall. It was addicting fun, I'd spend about $60 for packs a month! That was until the new rank, pip, and blood points system came out.

    I don't care if my luck or odds are bad every few matches if I clearly make dumb choices in that very moment; I can live with that, but I like to believe I'm not an amateur. That being said, ever since each past 2-3 or so updates I've noticed not only have hit boxes been fixed fairly enough, but Killers have been buffed when they already needed being nerfed. Nor has DBD tried to fix game mechanics to avoid toxic Killers tunneling, face camping, and griefing/exploiting to keep their title of an unfair, but high rank killer.

    Without survivors, there isn't a game for Killers to enjoy. And although I understand this is a competitive game, it's also one people log onto to have fun and have a laugh over, even if we are the one's being the idiot and getting just s l a u g h t e r e d. Thing is, it's no longer enjoyable with the amounts of toxic Killers that still don't get punished for unfair game play. Constantly I hear, "This game is gonna take reports seriously." It never does. That being said, I don't think this game is listening to the high demands, which overall gonna make a high amount of gamers leave it altogether if this isn't resolved.

    Wrapping this up, I'm over it. A once enjoyable game- is corrupted. I only know the sore loser Killers will continue to defend their strong builds, perks, and extra abilities to continue being these toxic winners, throwing fits to make the gameplay more of an advantage for them. Overall, I'm done with this childish, toxic fan base who prioritize a title on a game, than actual fair game play, which I personally have tried hard to stay consistently while playing DBD.

    Long story short, and what my friends and I say all the time which has made multiple large discord servers quit this game,

    "This game is broken."

    When red, purple, and green ranks lose every single match 15 times over? You know the Killers are far too powerful in the game mechanics. (Specifcally the Nemisis, but there's many others that need nerfing) Which honestly, has pushed me to quit until I hear they ACTUALLY, fix this issue.

    Hm. you just don't play enough survivor to be great my guy,

    Practice makes perfect. giving up shows you're unwilling to learn and just blame killers for doing their jobs,

  • Okay? So do you want pity, or...?

  • @GrimmGaliard said:

    You really expect me to believe you spent $60 a month? A month? Within a year, that's over 72k auric cells.

    Wait, hold up. What new rank, pip and BP system? Do you mean the Emblems? So you spent $60 a month on the game before even the Spirit was out?.... Three years ago?!

    You should absolutely quit. That's as unhealthy as it is impressive.

    You have reminded me of a time I do not like to remember

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2297480#Comment_2297480

    You have reminded me of a time I do not like to remember

    Those were dark times indeed. Especially if you used the new moon offering.

  • @GrimmGaliard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2297525#Comment_2297525

    Those were dark times indeed. Especially if you used the new moon offering.

    I still have moon offerings on my nurse :D Blendettes were insane during that time as maps were also naturally darker.

  • I’m sure that if a killer main would say that they quit because the game was survivor sided no one would call it bait. They would even agree with them. I really hope you find better and enjoyable games.

  • @Zozzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2297534#Comment_2297534

    I still have moon offerings on my nurse :D Blendettes were insane during that time as maps were also naturally darker.

    I still have some on my... Feng or Nea? Because I only used them to get one perk. I actually liked the darker, more atmospheric maps. I hate any daytime maps tbh.

    Also, I have a ton of bronze location offerings and my friends will always drag me when I use one. "What is that? That offering looks SO OLD! Why are you SO OLD, Grimm?!" >:(

  • Obvious bait. But for people that actually do feel this way, obviously not everyone is meant to be top level players. Big reason people hide MMR, it encourages bad behaviours and if players that was rank 2 are told they're secretly 10-15 they'd be upset.

  • @aroell said:

    I’m sure that if a killer main would say that they quit because the game was survivor sided no one would call it bait. They would even agree with them. I really hope you find better and enjoyable games.

    If a single post account would write wall of bullshit like this? Nah, that would be a prescription for the git gud.

  • @Bumbus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2297549#Comment_2297549

    If a single post account would write wall of bullshit like this? Nah, that would be a prescription for the git gud.

    Bullshit? It’s their opinion. You could still be nice about it.

  • @aroell said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2297577#Comment_2297577

    Bullshit? It’s their opinion. You could still be nice about it.

    It is not an opinion, it is bloated "Killer OP" and probably a bait, why would anyone be nice to them. Wanna see something nice - buy a flower.

  • @Bumbus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2297581#Comment_2297581

    It is not an opinion, it is bloated "Killer OP" and probably a bait, why would anyone be nice to them. Wanna see something nice - buy a flower.

    But people post “survivor op” posts everyday and I don’t see people call it bait?

  • @aroell said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2297577#Comment_2297577

    Bullshit? It’s their opinion. You could still be nice about it.

    Maybe people could be nicer but they're saying things like survivors never win and nemesis is the strongest killer in the game...which aren't true.

    It might be my opinion that the devs should nerf pig and buff spirit but people would understandably want to contest that

  • @YuiMain101 said:

    Killers love to win overall, even the types of people who play killer specifically play killer cause. they. like. to. win.

    That being said, Dead by Daylight has been very biased towards making Killers far to powerful. Within the year+ of playing, I'd flip flop between rank 3-8, which took plenty of time and effort, given I loved the gameplay overall. It was addicting fun, I'd spend about $60 for packs a month! That was until the new rank, pip, and blood points system came out.

    I don't care if my luck or odds are bad every few matches if I clearly make dumb choices in that very moment; I can live with that, but I like to believe I'm not an amateur. That being said, ever since each past 2-3 or so updates I've noticed not only have hit boxes been fixed fairly enough, but Killers have been buffed when they already needed being nerfed. Nor has DBD tried to fix game mechanics to avoid toxic Killers tunneling, face camping, and griefing/exploiting to keep their title of an unfair, but high rank killer.

    Without survivors, there isn't a game for Killers to enjoy. And although I understand this is a competitive game, it's also one people log onto to have fun and have a laugh over, even if we are the one's being the idiot and getting just s l a u g h t e r e d. Thing is, it's no longer enjoyable with the amounts of toxic Killers that still don't get punished for unfair game play. Constantly I hear, "This game is gonna take reports seriously." It never does. That being said, I don't think this game is listening to the high demands, which overall gonna make a high amount of gamers leave it altogether if this isn't resolved.

    Wrapping this up, I'm over it. A once enjoyable game- is corrupted. I only know the sore loser Killers will continue to defend their strong builds, perks, and extra abilities to continue being these toxic winners, throwing fits to make the gameplay more of an advantage for them. Overall, I'm done with this childish, toxic fan base who prioritize a title on a game, than actual fair game play, which I personally have tried hard to stay consistently while playing DBD.

    Long story short, and what my friends and I say all the time which has made multiple large discord servers quit this game,

    "This game is broken."

    When red, purple, and green ranks lose every single match 15 times over? You know the Killers are far too powerful in the game mechanics. (Specifcally the Nemisis, but there's many others that need nerfing) Which honestly, has pushed me to quit until I hear they ACTUALLY, fix this issue.

    Happy Trails? All things end and come to dust. Someday, I too will grow bored of this game and move on to the next big thing. The difference between you and I is that on that day I won't make a special trip here to dramatically announce it, nor give a "goodbye cruel DbD" speech. I think it is good that you are moving on. If you are spending $60.00 a month on this game, you are spending too much. I would worry about you. I think that is about how much I've spent TOTAL. The difference between you and I, educated guess, is that you are one of those people who must have EVERYTHING, a collector. I'm just here to play the game.

    I'm not going to go into your rant, i.e. the reasons you say you are leaving because they are silly. Well, what I should say is they are silly to me, but important to you. And thus, you do you. Seek your bliss. Find something to spend that cash on monthly that gives you a better, personal return. Just remember that wherever you go, there you are. I suspect you will find that your troubles will travel with you.

  • See you next week

  • @aroell said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2298099#Comment_2298099

    But people post “survivor op” posts everyday and I don’t see people call it bait?

    They don't reach this amount of bullshit in the same post.

  • Is this an out of seasoned april fools joke?

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2298131#Comment_2298131

    Because that's the gods honost truth. If survivors are competent and effecient with their time. Most killers stand no chance on a lot of the maps

    No, you are just bad. Tell my why it’s has 50 win streaks? You have to be good to win your games.

  • @Bumbus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2298131#Comment_2298131

    They don't reach this amount of bullshit in the same post.

    They really do.

  • Some of them - yes. And they get the same treatment.

  • @Bumbus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2298211#Comment_2298211

    Some of them - yes. And they get the same treatment.

    No they don’t, most people here are killer mains and if you say something bad about killer you will get jumped.

  • Everybody has their own reasons.

    I do take breaks from DBD. Usually after I've cleared the Rift pass.

    This game can be a chore sometimes, and one can often be left frustrated.

    It's only a game.

  • I quit dbd too but I haven't made a thread because of it if u quit u quit anything else is attention seeking

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2298208#Comment_2298208

    I'm just bad ? Ok my guy. Would you like me to stream later. I'm willing to bet I 4k most of not ALL of my matchs.

    Are you really trying to use otz videos as a basis for killers being OP and not survivors...? You know why he can do that..? Because most survivors(that's you) are god aweful. And have no clue how to abuse most maps given to you that are truly broken and survivor sided as hell

    So you 4K most of your matches and you think the game is survivor sided? Otz wouldn’t be able to get 50 wins in a row if survivors were op. If you are good at playing killer you wouldn’t need to complain about survivors.

  • Wrong place buddy, Here only killers can complain.

  • @aroell said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2298156#Comment_2298156

    No, you are just bad. Tell my why it’s has 50 win streaks? You have to be good to win your games.

    Do you know who does those 50wins streaks?

    Streamer. They play this game for a living several hours a day. They are the equivalent to something between grandmaster and professional players in league of legends. Only that in lol those kind of players are only matched with each other and not everything down to silver like in dbd.

    Two days ago I played killer for my dailies:

    Legion: wounded them all once with my power and afterwards switched to pure m1 since I know survivor don't like the hit and run nonstop. It ended at 2 gens.

    Plague: I try to go for the 5 hits after full infection but the gens get done one after another and the game ends with one hook.

    Freddy: I play easy and the game comes to a halt at 3 gens since my loose patrol seems too much for them. Running out of patience I three hook two of the while trying to ease up but still the gens don't get finished and I have to blatantly let them finish them.

    All 3 games at the same rank but thanks to the matchmaking many people aren't were they supposed to be. Team 1 and 3 were not good enough and team 2 was way too good. Streamer are at the top of the food chain and only when they encounter a death squad they get in trouble. Taking their 50 win streak as an argument would be like saying it is way too easy for a pro player smurfing in low ranks in other games.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2298258#Comment_2298258

    Much like Otz. I can 4k most matches because survivors play god aweful. You can always tell the actual experienced survivors that know how to run maps and tiles compared to the ones who dont

    Killers can camp and tunnel without a penalty yet the game is survivor sided? Please try solo survivor and tell me what you think

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2297444#Comment_2297444

    Yeah, I play a lot of killer, and with how hard I have to work to get anything done in a match, I don't feel powerful.

    unless is play infectious oni, god DAMN is that dude a power trip.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2298290#Comment_2298290

    I do. And I run perks to help the team. Not crutch perks. My groups do just fine.

    There is penalty for camping/tunneling. You lose BP and gens can get popped if you're sitting there camping the hook.

    Again. I'm willing to stream my games. Are you willing to stream yours ? I'm willing to bet who looks to know what they're doing in their role 🤣

    I don’t have a problem with streaming my games.

    Im talking an actual penalty, like getting banned and stuff. If the killer wants to camp they will, giving them lower bloodpoints won’t do anything.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2298306#Comment_2298306

    Getting banned for something the devs tell you are legitimate strategies. I'm dead 🤣

    Losing BP is a big enough deterrent. That's the whole reason to play the game.

    It’s not.

  • Sluzzy is that you ??

  • @YuiMain101 said:

    Killers love to win overall, even the types of people who play killer specifically play killer cause. they. like. to. win.

    That being said, Dead by Daylight has been very biased towards making Killers far to powerful. Within the year+ of playing, I'd flip flop between rank 3-8, which took plenty of time and effort, given I loved the gameplay overall. It was addicting fun, I'd spend about $60 for packs a month! That was until the new rank, pip, and blood points system came out.

    I don't care if my luck or odds are bad every few matches if I clearly make dumb choices in that very moment; I can live with that, but I like to believe I'm not an amateur. That being said, ever since each past 2-3 or so updates I've noticed not only have hit boxes been fixed fairly enough, but Killers have been buffed when they already needed being nerfed. Nor has DBD tried to fix game mechanics to avoid toxic Killers tunneling, face camping, and griefing/exploiting to keep their title of an unfair, but high rank killer.

    Without survivors, there isn't a game for Killers to enjoy. And although I understand this is a competitive game, it's also one people log onto to have fun and have a laugh over, even if we are the one's being the idiot and getting just s l a u g h t e r e d. Thing is, it's no longer enjoyable with the amounts of toxic Killers that still don't get punished for unfair game play. Constantly I hear, "This game is gonna take reports seriously." It never does. That being said, I don't think this game is listening to the high demands, which overall gonna make a high amount of gamers leave it altogether if this isn't resolved.

    Wrapping this up, I'm over it. A once enjoyable game- is corrupted. I only know the sore loser Killers will continue to defend their strong builds, perks, and extra abilities to continue being these toxic winners, throwing fits to make the gameplay more of an advantage for them. Overall, I'm done with this childish, toxic fan base who prioritize a title on a game, than actual fair game play, which I personally have tried hard to stay consistently while playing DBD.

    Long story short, and what my friends and I say all the time which has made multiple large discord servers quit this game,

    "This game is broken."

    When red, purple, and green ranks lose every single match 15 times over? You know the Killers are far too powerful in the game mechanics. (Specifcally the Nemisis, but there's many others that need nerfing) Which honestly, has pushed me to quit until I hear they ACTUALLY, fix this issue.

    I agree. My buddies and I took a year off after pyramid head was released just due to not having fun. We came back recently and things are worse. We are all on rank 4-8 usually and lose almost every game. Before the break we played for a year or so, and while not top tier players, we are not new either.


    I get why killers defend their position. Who doesn’t want easy 4K games? The thing is the data personal experience show the game is massively killer sided. If you aren’t in red ranks and can play 7 hours a day, the game isn’t fun. Right now it doesn’t appear fun for either side but killers (IMO) repeatedly play sweaty and are toxic the majority of the time. Good post!

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2298131#Comment_2298131

    Because that's the gods honost truth. If survivors are competent and effecient with their time. Most killers stand no chance on a lot of the maps

    kill stats show otherwise. Maybe it’s you?

  • @Bumbus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2297581#Comment_2297581

    It is not an opinion, it is bloated "Killer OP" and probably a bait, why would anyone be nice to them. Wanna see something nice - buy a flower.

    You’re part of the problem. Most users on here are killer mains who immediately bombard, shame, and bully other users who dare mention killers are op. You make it impossible to have dialogue or for survivors to express their feelings because in your world, your opinion is above all others. I bet you okay the same way. It’s about you and that 4K. Trust me, we’ve seen it and it sucks.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2298355#Comment_2298355

    Kill rates are irrelevant. Anyone without a narrative freely admits they're skewed.

    If they were accurate. Nurse would need buffs

    What it does show is that most survivors are total potatoes. That's not indicative of killer strength

    theyre only irrelevant because they don’t fit your narrative. That makes you a hypocrite. I don’t have time for it.

  • @ALostPuppy said:

    Christ you people need to go and find something else to do than make new accounts and post bait threads everyday.

    Funny it’s always bait if it goes against the killer victim narrative that is so popular on here. Maybe, just maybe, not everyone agrees with you (gasp).

  • @van9684 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/259944/why-im-quitting-dead-by-daylight

    I agree. My buddies and I took a year off after pyramid head was released just due to not having fun. We came back recently and things are worse. We are all on rank 4-8 usually and lose almost every game. Before the break we played for a year or so, and while not top tier players, we are not new either.

    I get why killers defend their position. Who doesn’t want easy 4K games? The thing is the data personal experience show the game is massively killer sided. If you aren’t in red ranks and can play 7 hours a day, the game isn’t fun. Right now it doesn’t appear fun for either side but killers (IMO) repeatedly play sweaty and are toxic the majority of the time. Good post!

    100% agree!

  • @TheGorgon said:

    There’s no way you believe that the game is killer sided or the devs favor them...

    Except if you look at kill rates and 4K game percentages across all ranks. That shows the game is killer sided and devs cater to killers lol.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2298306#Comment_2298306

    Sweet. Let's see those amazing survivor skills. Show us you know how to run tiles. Show us you are not the problem.And that killers are -so- over powered. Show us team mates not doing stupid #########

    Oh I will, I would loop you for years just so you know.

  • @aroell said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2298223#Comment_2298223

    No they don’t, most people here are killer mains and if you say something bad about killer you will get jumped.

    Facts. The whole forum is an entitled killer main pity fest. They all live to argue and condemn anyone who doesn’t agree with them. It’s sad

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2298306#Comment_2298306

    Sweet. Let's see those amazing survivor skills. Show us you know how to run tiles. Show us you are not the problem.And that killers are -so- over powered. Show us team mates not doing stupid #########

    You said killer is underpowered, now you’re doubting survivor skills. Which is it? Are killers weak or are you just lacking in the skill department?

‹ 1 2 3