Why I'm quitting Dead by Daylight.

Killers love to win overall, even the types of people who play killer specifically play killer cause. they. like. to. win.


That being said, Dead by Daylight has been very biased towards making Killers far to powerful. Within the year+ of playing, I'd flip flop between rank 3-8, which took plenty of time and effort, given I loved the gameplay overall. It was addicting fun, I'd spend about $60 for packs a month! That was until the new rank, pip, and blood points system came out.


I don't care if my luck or odds are bad every few matches if I clearly make dumb choices in that very moment; I can live with that, but I like to believe I'm not an amateur. That being said, ever since each past 2-3 or so updates I've noticed not only have hit boxes been fixed fairly enough, but Killers have been buffed when they already needed being nerfed. Nor has DBD tried to fix game mechanics to avoid toxic Killers tunneling, face camping, and griefing/exploiting to keep their title of an unfair, but high rank killer.


Without survivors, there isn't a game for Killers to enjoy. And although I understand this is a competitive game, it's also one people log onto to have fun and have a laugh over, even if we are the one's being the idiot and getting just s l a u g h t e r e d. Thing is, it's no longer enjoyable with the amounts of toxic Killers that still don't get punished for unfair game play. Constantly I hear, "This game is gonna take reports seriously." It never does. That being said, I don't think this game is listening to the high demands, which overall gonna make a high amount of gamers leave it altogether if this isn't resolved.


Wrapping this up, I'm over it. A once enjoyable game- is corrupted. I only know the sore loser Killers will continue to defend their strong builds, perks, and extra abilities to continue being these toxic winners, throwing fits to make the gameplay more of an advantage for them. Overall, I'm done with this childish, toxic fan base who prioritize a title on a game, than actual fair game play, which I personally have tried hard to stay consistently while playing DBD.


Long story short, and what my friends and I say all the time which has made multiple large discord servers quit this game,


"This game is broken."

When red, purple, and green ranks lose every single match 15 times over? You know the Killers are far too powerful in the game mechanics. (Specifcally the Nemisis, but there's many others that need nerfing) Which honestly, has pushed me to quit until I hear they ACTUALLY, fix this issue.

Comments

  • @van9684 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2298225#Comment_2298225

    Facts. The whole forum is an entitled killer main pity fest. They all live to argue and condemn anyone who doesn’t agree with them. It’s sad

    True talk.

  • Tunnelling is a really big problem, in the sense that it is both toxic and gives the killer an advantage; it makes the game 3v1 instead of 4v1 and makes the remaining survivors much weaker.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2298366#Comment_2298366

    Again..You need to look no further then the stats would show nurse is the worst killer. Do you think she's the worst killer ?

    That's all you need to know about what those stats truly show

    She requires actual skill and a learning curve to play, which is why she is played the least. Even trapper has over 50% kill rate and he requires zero brain power. Killer isn’t hard. I got 4K games at rank 18 and only had to start trying at purple ranks. There is no skill development with killer where as survivor is a huge grind. That is why on red ranks survivors are lethal and killers struggle. Killers never “got good”, because they didn’t have to outside red ranks.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2298384#Comment_2298384

    I'm sure you would 🤣🤣🤣. So which is it ? You could loop me for years ? Or killers are so powerful. That it's impossible for you to do so ?

    No I would definitely loop you for years in a 1v1. And yeah killers are powerful? I can still play against them

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2298426#Comment_2298426

    You're realize sluzzy is making fun of rediculous survivor views....Correct ? Literally all their posts are satire. Do you truly not know that ..? 🤣🤣🤣 You poor thing

    Okay? I will still stand up for all the survivor mains getting shitted on by killers. Survivor rights are at an all time low.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2298467#Comment_2298467

    Oh Lord. I'll give you this. Your posts were funny for a minute. It wears off quickly though. Sad

    ######### man? I’m not even joking

  • @aroell said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2298223#Comment_2298223

    No they don’t, most people here are killer mains and if you say something bad about killer you will get jumped.

    Said the one who always jumps onto killers if they say anything about survivors.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2298208#Comment_2298208

    I'm just bad ? Ok my guy. Would you like me to stream later. I'm willing to bet I 4k most of not ALL of my matchs.

    Are you really trying to use otz videos as a basis for killers being OP and not survivors...? You know why he can do that..? Because most survivors(that's you) are god aweful. And have no clue how to abuse most maps given to you that are truly broken and survivor sided as hell

    i dont think you are bad but i would love to see you streaming. I always love watching content from ,,average" players who dont stream 24/7 or something like that.

  • @Ruma said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2298225#Comment_2298225

    Said the one who always jumps onto killers if they say anything about survivors.

    I dont

  • Good points. I wish there was a "fun" option, something for those who don't take the game seriously and just want to play with others who aren't overly competitive. Something just for laughs.

    Maybe a free for all mode where you can just play a quick game which does not effect rank, sort of like play with friends mode.

    Or if in the lobby you could read reviews of the players so you know if you are facing a toxic killer or someone is part of a swf toxic team.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2298530#Comment_2298530

    Sure ! I've actually been wanting to start doing so. I'm soon buying a mic and web camera probably. But I could start doing streams without either for the game being

    Just let me know your Twitch or Youtube name and i will check it out.

  • Survivors love to win overall, even the types of people who play survivor specifically play survivor cause. they. like. to. win.


    That being said, Dead by Daylight has been very biased towards making survivor far to powerful.

  • Oh my gosh; would you guys like some cheese with your whine? Seriously, if people spent just 10% of the effort they do playing the game and practicing that they do over here whining, they wouldn't have any issues. I suspect some of these folks enjoy whining more than they do playing the game. In fact, I suspect they do spend more time here than in the game.

  • Thanks for making a fresh account and letting us know about your very important departure. Hope you fly & land safely.

  • @TheGorgon said:

    There’s no way you believe that the game is killer sided or the devs favor them...

    You'd be surprised. my friends think that despite seeing me loop the ######### out of a killers each time I play and seeing me play killer and get ######### on guaranteed almost everytime I play anyone that isn't Huntress.

  • @YuiMain101 said:

    Killers love to win overall, even the types of people who play killer specifically play killer cause. they. like. to. win.

    That being said, Dead by Daylight has been very biased towards making Killers far to powerful. Within the year+ of playing, I'd flip flop between rank 3-8, which took plenty of time and effort, given I loved the gameplay overall. It was addicting fun, I'd spend about $60 for packs a month! That was until the new rank, pip, and blood points system came out.

    I don't care if my luck or odds are bad every few matches if I clearly make dumb choices in that very moment; I can live with that, but I like to believe I'm not an amateur. That being said, ever since each past 2-3 or so updates I've noticed not only have hit boxes been fixed fairly enough, but Killers have been buffed when they already needed being nerfed. Nor has DBD tried to fix game mechanics to avoid toxic Killers tunneling, face camping, and griefing/exploiting to keep their title of an unfair, but high rank killer.

    Without survivors, there isn't a game for Killers to enjoy. And although I understand this is a competitive game, it's also one people log onto to have fun and have a laugh over, even if we are the one's being the idiot and getting just s l a u g h t e r e d. Thing is, it's no longer enjoyable with the amounts of toxic Killers that still don't get punished for unfair game play. Constantly I hear, "This game is gonna take reports seriously." It never does. That being said, I don't think this game is listening to the high demands, which overall gonna make a high amount of gamers leave it altogether if this isn't resolved.

    Wrapping this up, I'm over it. A once enjoyable game- is corrupted. I only know the sore loser Killers will continue to defend their strong builds, perks, and extra abilities to continue being these toxic winners, throwing fits to make the gameplay more of an advantage for them. Overall, I'm done with this childish, toxic fan base who prioritize a title on a game, than actual fair game play, which I personally have tried hard to stay consistently while playing DBD.

    Long story short, and what my friends and I say all the time which has made multiple large discord servers quit this game,

    "This game is broken."

    When red, purple, and green ranks lose every single match 15 times over? You know the Killers are far too powerful in the game mechanics. (Specifcally the Nemisis, but there's many others that need nerfing) Which honestly, has pushed me to quit until I hear they ACTUALLY, fix this issue.

    After reading all that if you're not a troll I will say this. If you're losing 15 matches in a row you and or your friends and the other people you speak to are not as good as you may think. Survivor is easy if you know the game and even if you don't it can still be fairly easy and there is a reason most people play survivor. It is the easier role to play. Killer is harder to play and harder to learn. It is you versus 4 other people. Against when you're playing survivor it is you and 3 other people versus 1. Killers need to have the right perks that work for them and the killer they play which means leveling multiple killers and getting their perks then leveling the killer you want to play. Playing survivor you level Meg and level Jake or David and you've got meta perks that have been meta since the characters released. This game isn't killer sided and never will be. If you think it is then you need to work on your gameplay one way or another whether its saving people the correct way, doing gens more, or getting better at looping each killer. The ONLY Killer I think needs a nerf is Nurse because she's straight bs most of the time. But everyone else has clear cut ways of countering them.

  • Can you guys ever vocalize with facts and data vs. ganging up on anyone who doesn’t follow the “killer is too hard, help me get a 4K” narrative? It’s exhausting. You are the same type of schoolyard bullied who cry the moment someone stands up to them. Pathetic.

  • @Nazeef13 said:

    You will get dismissed by every bias killer main on this forum even though kill rate has been around 70% for a while.

    I remember when escape rate was 55% and killers would complain the game is survivor sided. Now that the escape rate is 30%, no one bats an eye.

    This! Facts all around. They know it’s true as well, they’re just used to one common theme here. Every other post is bait or trolling (according to them).

  • @Ramxenoc445 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/259944/why-im-quitting-dead-by-daylight

    After reading all that if you're not a troll I will say this. If you're losing 15 matches in a row you and or your friends and the other people you speak to are not as good as you may think. Survivor is easy if you know the game and even if you don't it can still be fairly easy and there is a reason most people play survivor. It is the easier role to play. Killer is harder to play and harder to learn. It is you versus 4 other people. Against when you're playing survivor it is you and 3 other people versus 1. Killers need to have the right perks that work for them and the killer they play which means leveling multiple killers and getting their perks then leveling the killer you want to play. Playing survivor you level Meg and level Jake or David and you've got meta perks that have been meta since the characters released. This game isn't killer sided and never will be. If you think it is then you need to work on your gameplay one way or another whether its saving people the correct way, doing gens more, or getting better at looping each killer. The ONLY Killer I think needs a nerf is Nurse because she's straight bs most of the time. But everyone else has clear cut ways of countering them.

    You should hold up a mirror. If you think the game is survivor sided, while most killers are banking 4K rounds consistently…..perhaps it’s you who just isn’t good at the game.

  • @katoptris said:

    Survivors love to win overall, even the types of people who play survivor specifically play survivor cause. they. like. to. win.

    That being said, Dead by Daylight has been very biased towards making survivor far to powerful.

    Pot meet kettle. Killers care way more about winning than survivors. We just want a chance to have fun and get wind points before a spirit with Noed, rancor, bbq, and pop tunnels us into the ground every game. If killers weren’t so sweaty, everyone could enjoy the game but you need that 4K to feel validated. Sorry.


  • @YuiMain101 said:

    Killers love to win overall, even the types of people who play killer specifically play killer cause. they. like. to. win.

    That being said, Dead by Daylight has been very biased towards making Killers far to powerful. Within the year+ of playing, I'd flip flop between rank 3-8, which took plenty of time and effort, given I loved the gameplay overall. It was addicting fun, I'd spend about $60 for packs a month! That was until the new rank, pip, and blood points system came out.

    I don't care if my luck or odds are bad every few matches if I clearly make dumb choices in that very moment; I can live with that, but I like to believe I'm not an amateur. That being said, ever since each past 2-3 or so updates I've noticed not only have hit boxes been fixed fairly enough, but Killers have been buffed when they already needed being nerfed. Nor has DBD tried to fix game mechanics to avoid toxic Killers tunneling, face camping, and griefing/exploiting to keep their title of an unfair, but high rank killer.

    Without survivors, there isn't a game for Killers to enjoy. And although I understand this is a competitive game, it's also one people log onto to have fun and have a laugh over, even if we are the one's being the idiot and getting just s l a u g h t e r e d. Thing is, it's no longer enjoyable with the amounts of toxic Killers that still don't get punished for unfair game play. Constantly I hear, "This game is gonna take reports seriously." It never does. That being said, I don't think this game is listening to the high demands, which overall gonna make a high amount of gamers leave it altogether if this isn't resolved.

    Wrapping this up, I'm over it. A once enjoyable game- is corrupted. I only know the sore loser Killers will continue to defend their strong builds, perks, and extra abilities to continue being these toxic winners, throwing fits to make the gameplay more of an advantage for them. Overall, I'm done with this childish, toxic fan base who prioritize a title on a game, than actual fair game play, which I personally have tried hard to stay consistently while playing DBD.

    Long story short, and what my friends and I say all the time which has made multiple large discord servers quit this game,

    "This game is broken."

    When red, purple, and green ranks lose every single match 15 times over? You know the Killers are far too powerful in the game mechanics. (Specifcally the Nemisis, but there's many others that need nerfing) Which honestly, has pushed me to quit until I hear they ACTUALLY, fix this issue.

    No you're a towel.

  • @van9684 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2298225#Comment_2298225

    Facts. The whole forum is an entitled killer main pity fest. They all live to argue and condemn anyone who doesn’t agree with them. It’s sad

    Hahaha at this point it is simply hilarious seeing you both patting each other on the back in either your respective own threads or when both of you comment in the same thread.

    I truly would love to see this game when you two, sluzzy and everyone with the same opinion would get their way and the game was balanced to your standards and see how long that will survive when in it's state right now the killer/survivor population ratio is already way over 1:4, more akin to 1:8.

  • @stvnhthr said:

    Good points. I wish there was a "fun" option, something for those who don't take the game seriously and just want to play with others who aren't overly competitive. Something just for laughs.

    Maybe a free for all mode where you can just play a quick game which does not effect rank, sort of like play with friends mode.

    Or if in the lobby you could read reviews of the players so you know if you are facing a toxic killer or someone is part of a swf toxic team.

    And that surely wouldn't be abused by bully squads and toxic killers alike searching for casual player to go full tryhard on them.

  • @Moundshroud said:

    Oh my gosh; would you guys like some cheese with your whine? Seriously, if people spent just 10% of the effort they do playing the game and practicing that they do over here whining, they wouldn't have any issues. I suspect some of these folks enjoy whining more than they do playing the game. In fact, I suspect they do spend more time here than in the game.

    That would be me XD. I simply looked for a place that could substitute for the saltine league of legends forums were but they got shut down. This forum is an excellent one, my peanuts never tasted better.

  • OMG NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I will miss your insightful posts and funny banter.

    You are one of the people whose opinion on balance issues etc I always respected!

    Oh wait... Cya.

    (Nice troll account btw)

  • @burt0r said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2298388#Comment_2298388

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2298372#Comment_2298372

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2298395#Comment_2298395

    Hahaha at this point it is simply hilarious seeing you both patting each other on the back in either your respective own threads or when both of you comment in the same thread.

    I truly would love to see this game when you two, sluzzy and everyone with the same opinion would get their way and the game was balanced to your standards and see how long that will survive when in it's state right now the killer/survivor population ratio is already way over 1:4, more akin to 1:8.

    I would also love to see how the game would be if you were in charge. Complete ass probably.

  • If anything the survivors are OP! There are about only 5 good killers out there. It takes practice. I know it gets frustrating, but if you don’t have the patience then you should quit.

  • @Elena said:

    Yeah I stopped reading after:

    "That being said, Dead by Daylight has been very biased towards making Killers far to powerful-"

    why couldn't you understand anymore?

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2297444#Comment_2297444

    Yeah, I play a lot of killer, and with how hard I have to work to get anything done in a match, I don't feel powerful.

    try to learn

  • I have learned. Even though I can 3-4k almost every match some days, it doesn't come without sweat, blood, and tears. Whereas survivors are cruising down easy street having a chill time for most of the match.

  • lol I bet you have only played for a few months. Anyone who has over a 1000 hours or played over a year can see how survivor sided this game is. weak bait.

  • Because there's nothing to understand

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2300036#Comment_2300036

    I have learned. Even though I can 3-4k almost every match some days, it doesn't come without sweat, blood, and tears. Whereas survivors are cruising down easy street having a chill time for most of the match.

    you sweat to win as a killer! I sweat to win as a survivor! so we are honest players! survivor or killer, if you play toxic you are #########! this is the meaning of our friend's dramatic post!

  • question: do you play as a killer?

  • Another one that had enough of being on their belly with Ruin, Undying, and POP as a backup. And so many aura perks with not many pallets on a small map.

    It's becoming common playing the survivor role is very rough in 2021.  5 years of survivor nerfs and killer buffs is making survivor a lose lose and killer an ez win.

  • @aroell said:

    I’m sure that if a killer main would say that they quit because the game was survivor sided no one would call it bait. They would even agree with them. I really hope you find better and enjoyable games.

    This game isn't as grossly unbalanced as everyone makes it out to be. Not killer or survivor sided. So no this isn't a killer sided game I can give many reasons.

  • Get good, didn’t ask.

    Behavior doesn’t like one side than the other, that’s ridiculous.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    Another one that had enough of being on their belly with Ruin, Undying, and POP as a backup. And so many aura perks with not many pallets on a small map.

    It's becoming common playing the survivor role is very rough in 2021.  5 years of survivor nerfs and killer buffs is making survivor a lose lose and killer an ez win.

    I don't see Ruin+Undying as an issue anymore being only two bones. And there's still many maps with plenty of strong loops and hard to reach gens. But, there is also maps with lots of deadzones and need a rework like Shelter Woods wanna toss ideas?

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2300107#Comment_2300107

    I don't see Ruin+Undying as an issue anymore being only two bones. And there's still many maps with plenty of strong loops and hard to reach gens. But, there is also maps with lots of deadzones and need a rework like Shelter Woods wanna toss ideas?

    I do, the amount of time wasted looking for two bones when killers already have an upper hand really causes a problem. Most of the time the bones take a long time to find. A lot of times it is the last totem be the Ruin. Everyone is dead by the time it is found. Now you have every Blight using 2 and 3 slowdown perks because it is a free win and it makes it be no point to play survivor against this. Why should an advantageous killer with total map pressure and no cooldowns have such and survivor not only has to do the objective, but two? It's so broken. I recommend a lot more pallets for shelter woods.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2300291#Comment_2300291

    I do, the amount of time wasted looking for two bones when killers already have an upper hand really causes a problem. Most of the time the bones take a long time to find. A lot of times it is the last totem be the Ruin. Everyone is dead by the time it is found. Now you have every Blight using 2 and 3 slowdown perks because it is a free win and it makes it be no point to play survivor against this. Why should an advantageous killer with total map pressure and no cooldowns have such and survivor not only has to do the objective, but two? It's so broken. I recommend a lot more pallets for shelter woods.

    Man you need some more Tapps and Nancys in your lobby. Shelter woods should also be reduced in size for more interactive gameplay.

  • Survivor mains: Have overpowered perks, most maps designed for them to win, can destroy Killer perks and freaking keys


    Also survivor mains: "KilLeRs oP pLs NeRF"

  • It's like Trickster doesn't exist lmao

  • @van9684 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2298673#Comment_2298673

    Pot meet kettle. Killers care way more about winning than survivors. We just want a chance to have fun and get wind points before a spirit with Noed, rancor, bbq, and pop tunnels us into the ground every game. If killers weren’t so sweaty, everyone could enjoy the game but you need that 4K to feel validated. Sorry.

    I play survivor and if killer wanna sweat they're gonna sweat for that 4k. I don't make up rules for killers and complain to them about a pixelated death in a game.

  • @van9684 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2298386#Comment_2298386

    She requires actual skill and a learning curve to play, which is why she is played the least. Even trapper has over 50% kill rate and he requires zero brain power. Killer isn’t hard. I got 4K games at rank 18 and only had to start trying at purple ranks. There is no skill development with killer where as survivor is a huge grind. That is why on red ranks survivors are lethal and killers struggle. Killers never “got good”, because they didn’t have to outside red ranks.

    Trapper is very cerebral...you need to plan ahead and predict survivors/herd them into traps and force mistakes.

  • @ALostPuppy said:

    Christ you people need to go and find something else to do than make new accounts and post bait threads everyday.

    Can we stop calling everything bait threads? People have different opinions on things and that's fine.

  • @aroell said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2299846#Comment_2299846

    I would also love to see how the game would be if you were in charge. Complete ass probably.

    Yeah probably, when solo would get the 10+ information perks that swf can bypass with coms as Basekit. Or if that's not enough, they would get an additional ping wheel and maybe the communication short commands from rocket league.

    All of course while compensating killer for the strength increase in the 4vs1. But hey it would probably be ass to buff solo to swf level and compensate killer accordingly.

    At least that's my thoughts when you check my comment history instead of nerfing the hell out of one side but whatever.

  • You should read the full post. It is quite entertaining XD

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2297453#Comment_2297453

    Can we stop calling everything bait threads? People have different opinions on things and that's fine.

    When we stop seeing new accounts with 1 post ranting about how they're quitting the game and blaming one side as the main reason why they're quitting, I'll stop calling them bait threads. Because this reads exactly like a hundred other posts before by accounts with 1 post and trying to get a reaction from mains of the side they're complaining about. Killers do it too with the whole "survivors genrush and run in circles guys I can't play this game anymore :("

  • @ALostPuppy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2300756#Comment_2300756

    When we stop seeing new accounts with 1 post ranting about how they're quitting the game and blaming one side as the main reason why they're quitting, I'll stop calling them bait threads. Because this reads exactly like a hundred other posts before by accounts with 1 post and trying to get a reaction from mains of the side they're complaining about. Killers do it too with the whole "survivors genrush and run in circles guys I can't play this game anymore :("

    This. So much this.

1 2 3