Is this the worst chapter in DbD?

In terms of optimization and bugs this chapter is far worse than binding of kin in my opinion. It's damn near unplayable in console. At least I could play the twins without constant frame drops and lag spikes. Also Nemesis feels pretty weak. I don't really understand why anyone would pick him over Pyramid Head, but I'm still new with him. Only thing I like is the blast mine and flashbang from Jill and Leon, other than that this is imo the worst chapter they've ever released.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2279611#Comment_2279611

    You got hit with sloppy butcher and didn't get a fat freeze so your PC runs better than my PS4 🤣

    LOL maybe but my files are still unreasonably large so that might be the tradeoff. :P

  • @DrJohn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2279515#Comment_2279515

    I would rather be able to actually play the game and wait for them to optimize the chapter than whatever is going on with the game. Also they've had an influx of new players with Silent Hill and Stranger thing they should be prepared for this type of situation. Skins shouldn't cause problems at all.

    Yup, everybody says they'd rather wait and have them optimize the chapter before release. But what happens every time they delay a new chapter? People flock to social media and the forums and complain. There's just no winning.

  • @Midori_21 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2279552#Comment_2279552

    Yup, everybody says they'd rather wait and have them optimize the chapter before release. But what happens every time they delay a new chapter? People flock to social media and the forums and complain. There's just no winning.

    Yes but when they release a chapter like this they deserve all the criticism they get while if they waited to optimize the game it would be undeserved. At least then most people would understand

  • @DrJohn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2279605#Comment_2279605

    I don't think twins was ever bad except for the brief amount of time Victor couldn't hold survivors in lockers. Then to be fair I never experienced the bugs on that killer.

    I mean, there were a lot of issues with her kit. A lot of her addons were #########, which have been fixed later on. Mechanically she was okay, but without any decent addons, all her main ability was good for was camping.

    I dont think Nemesis is bad tho. Lots of killers are considered terrible on release because no one knows how to apply their abilities properly yet. Trickster was considered awful, yet, many have shown how effective he can be. He needed some slight alteration to truly shine, but that didnt make him terrible. Twins was considered awful, same reasoning, slight alterations allowing her to shine. The only good thing people used to praise PH for, was his ability to execute people. His main ability tho? Considered awful untill people found the faking exploit that guaranteed hits regardless of the situation and abused his ability to camp people. Blight? on release considered to be an awful killer, I expected him to have near Nurse levels of potential, yet people considered him to be worse than Legion. I can go on.

    Nemesis has a lot of potential that other killers dont. He needs slight alterations to truly make him shine. He's not S tier levels of strength, but given slight alterations, I'd say he's a solid A tier killer. All I'd change is buff the zombie movementspeed addons slightly and give his Stage 3 tentacle the ability to injure regardless of infection. Pretty much all he needs.

  • @Predated said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2279608#Comment_2279608

    I mean, there were a lot of issues with her kit. A lot of her addons were #########, which have been fixed later on. Mechanically she was okay, but without any decent addons, all her main ability was good for was camping.

    I dont think Nemesis is bad tho. Lots of killers are considered terrible on release because no one knows how to apply their abilities properly yet. Trickster was considered awful, yet, many have shown how effective he can be. He needed some slight alteration to truly shine, but that didnt make him terrible. Twins was considered awful, same reasoning, slight alterations allowing her to shine. The only good thing people used to praise PH for, was his ability to execute people. His main ability tho? Considered awful untill people found the faking exploit that guaranteed hits regardless of the situation and abused his ability to camp people. Blight? on release considered to be an awful killer, I expected him to have near Nurse levels of potential, yet people considered him to be worse than Legion. I can go on.

    Nemesis has a lot of potential that other killers dont. He needs slight alterations to truly make him shine. He's not S tier levels of strength, but given slight alterations, I'd say he's a solid A tier killer. All I'd change is buff the zombie movementspeed addons slightly and give his Stage 3 tentacle the ability to injure regardless of infection. Pretty much all he needs.

    I think the speed boost survivors get when infecting them is unecessary. He feels like a worse pyramid head. The only thing I like about him is the pallet break, but I have admitted I am new with him.

  • @Predated said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2279608#Comment_2279608

    I mean, there were a lot of issues with her kit. A lot of her addons were #########, which have been fixed later on. Mechanically she was okay, but without any decent addons, all her main ability was good for was camping.

    I dont think Nemesis is bad tho. Lots of killers are considered terrible on release because no one knows how to apply their abilities properly yet. Trickster was considered awful, yet, many have shown how effective he can be. He needed some slight alteration to truly shine, but that didnt make him terrible. Twins was considered awful, same reasoning, slight alterations allowing her to shine. The only good thing people used to praise PH for, was his ability to execute people. His main ability tho? Considered awful untill people found the faking exploit that guaranteed hits regardless of the situation and abused his ability to camp people. Blight? on release considered to be an awful killer, I expected him to have near Nurse levels of potential, yet people considered him to be worse than Legion. I can go on.

    Nemesis has a lot of potential that other killers dont. He needs slight alterations to truly make him shine. He's not S tier levels of strength, but given slight alterations, I'd say he's a solid A tier killer. All I'd change is buff the zombie movementspeed addons slightly and give his Stage 3 tentacle the ability to injure regardless of infection. Pretty much all he needs.

    I agree with the tier 3 should injure no matter what

  • @DrJohn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2279640#Comment_2279640

    Yes but when they release a chapter like this they deserve all the criticism they get while if they waited to optimize the game it would be undeserved. At least then most people would understand

    I seriously doubt "most people" would understand, given the behavior of the dbd community. A lot of the criticism they get already is undeserved (imo). The smart ones might understand, but the ones who don't understand would just complain about the lack of new content. People are always going to be complaining regardless of what the devs do.

    So the game servers crashed. People aren't able to play for a little while. Big deal, things happen, servers have issues all the time. Does it really do any good to spend your time complaining about it? As if the dozens of other discussions haven't sent a clear enough message?

  • @Mr_K said:

    Are we forgetting Trickster? Or are we pretending that didn't happen still?

    Trickster is worse than Legion so that is saying a lot

  • At least Trickster can down you with his power.

  • So could Legion on release.

  • Nah. Nothing will ever top Binding of Kin as well as 4.5.0

  • In a very broken way, but yes he could.

  • I honestly gotta say Darkness Among Us.


    I definitely still don't like how they handled the CGI reveal thingy for the Legion, it makes them look like an entirely different Killer power-wise.

    I also find it a bit disappointing that the 1 character itself is multiple people.

    This makes the Chmeric Horde outfit be very cool, but there's never actually multiple members on your screen aside from Archive memories.

    Wouldn't it be a cool kill animation if the other 3 members showed up and they all stabbed the Survivor multiple times?


    And Jeff looks pretty cool, and that's also kinda it.

    The Perks are blah.

    Can't say much more on him, don't play Survivor enough anymore, but he's definitely more at the bottom of the list for me.

  • I'm aware. My point is he can't anymore.

  • Twin chapter was worst, this one just had server issues, performance problem and a disable map,

    meanwhile Twin chapter, Legion was bugged randomly, hoarder was broken and they gave up on fixing it, Elody scream was borderline earape, the twin where super bugged, pretty sure the party bus exploit was born then.

  • @Midori_21 said:

    Disagree. Nothing will ever be as bad as binding of kin. I remember there was a discussion made after that chapter came out listing every new bug that was discovered, and it got to around 160 bugs total. Maybe more. At least the killer and survivors are actually fun with a good set of perks. And Binding of Kin had bugs that literally took away your power completely. I haven't seen that happen with Nemesis, at least he has a working power.

    Let's not forget that, not only did a bug remove your power, but if you lunged as Victor, it took away your GAMEPLAY, too.

    "Oh, okay. I didn't want to play the video games anyway."

  • @DrJohn said:

    In terms of optimization and bugs this chapter is far worse than binding of kin in my opinion. It's damn near unplayable in console. At least I could play the twins without constant frame drops and lag spikes. Also Nemesis feels pretty weak. I don't really understand why anyone would pick him over Pyramid Head, but I'm still new with him. Only thing I like is the blast mine and flashbang from Jill and Leon, other than that this is imo the worst chapter they've ever released.

    hard no

    darkness among us

    nightmare on elmstreet

    binding of kin

    All-Kill

    all much worse than this current chapter and if the optimization gets fixed it'll be one of the best DLC's because what is featured in the DLC is really good an A tier killer and overall decent perks

  • Think he can with an addon.

  • Binding of Kin and All kill were the worst due to the insane amount of bugs that came with the chapters

  • @DrJohn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2279652#Comment_2279652

    I think the speed boost survivors get when infecting them is unecessary. He feels like a worse pyramid head. The only thing I like about him is the pallet break, but I have admitted I am new with him.

    Yeah, Nemmy is a bit unintuitive with his ability, his visuals dont match his mechanics properly.


    Also, food for thought: it might be possible for Nemesis to actually have an interesting play with his infection. I have no one to confirm my suspicions with yet, as my scientific dbd victims are on vacation atm, but I think Nemmy's infection might count as a protection hit regardless of it dealing damage, and there is a very interesting perk that works with protection hits that allows him to deal damage if they are still healthy.

  • Nope, legion's chapter is still worse, right now it is unplayable for console pips but darkness among us was still worse especially fun wise.

  • @DrJohn said:

    In terms of optimization and bugs this chapter is far worse than binding of kin in my opinion. It's damn near unplayable in console. At least I could play the twins without constant frame drops and lag spikes. Also Nemesis feels pretty weak. I don't really understand why anyone would pick him over Pyramid Head, but I'm still new with him. Only thing I like is the blast mine and flashbang from Jill and Leon, other than that this is imo the worst chapter they've ever released.

    Trickster's chapter the worst thing that Dead by Daylight's ever done to this game other than the palate bug that is still going on by the way. Just a seriously not worth it cash grab!

  • @akanadi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/258177/is-this-the-worst-chapter-in-dbd

    hard no

    darkness among us

    nightmare on elmstreet

    binding of kin

    All-Kill

    all much worse than this current chapter and if the optimization gets fixed it'll be one of the best DLC's because what is featured in the DLC is really good an A tier killer and overall decent perks

    I may agree with some of them, but A Nightmare on Elm Street was literally perfect on release. Mentioning it as one of the worst chapters is just wrong.

  • @DrJohn said:

    In terms of optimization and bugs this chapter is far worse than binding of kin in my opinion. It's damn near unplayable in console. At least I could play the twins without constant frame drops and lag spikes. Also Nemesis feels pretty weak. I don't really understand why anyone would pick him over Pyramid Head, but I'm still new with him. Only thing I like is the blast mine and flashbang from Jill and Leon, other than that this is imo the worst chapter they've ever released.

    It’s the worst release but not worst chapter. I like the chapter, but they butchered the release like I’ve never seen.

  • The Legion update got me to stop playing for a bit


    This update has yet to do that

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2286168#Comment_2286168

    And I gave a serious answer. He is amazingly fun to play

    Come on man, this isn't funny.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2289234#Comment_2289234

    Its not meant to be. Trickster legitimatly is fun to play. You're certainly welcome to your opinion. But don't pretend like mine is wrong

    It is though.

    Lol I'm just messing with you, don't take it too hard.

  • Worst chapter? Nah. All things considered game health is fine for this chapter outside of the god awful map.

    I'd say worst chapter was Halloween for it's horrible map, old Ds, old OoO, old Stbfl additions that made the game horrible for months.


    Worst patch? Yeah probably, several killers don't function and we've lost 2 maps already. Though I can see the argument for the twins patch being worse.

  • @Science_Guy said:

    When you say stuff like this, it doesn't even feel like you're even saying anything about the chapter. More like you're just letting everyone know this is the first chapter release you've been around for.

    TBH, even the people saying All-Kill and BoK just makes me think they weren't playing back during Flesh and Mud i.e. the chapter that actually nearly killed the game.

    What happened with that chapter?

  • All-Kill was the chapter with the ineffective pallet stuns and horrible desync, right?

    Well honestly, I still give it to Legion's patch for the worst. AKA the update that made me stop playing

  • He has to with that atrocious walking speed oh no they are looping me around a rock🙄

  • He could 🤯 was it during feral frenzy?

  • I judge chapters on their content, not the bugs they were released alongside. So in those terms, it's maybe the best chapter so far.

  • just think about all the new ps4 and xboxers people that my got the game on sale and since the new chapter was out and they like those game went to try this game out but now with lag spiks are most likely think how they play with this lag and what a wast of money... but has oneone even herd if the devs know about that lag?

  • Binding of Kin actually made me stop playing the game for 3 months so that sucked. All-Kill gave a fun to play and hard killer to learn how to do well with and all the Survivor perks from both Chapters and this one are really fun to run.

    This chapter we got a new Killer Meta perk which is nice and some other niche perks to use as well as a fairly weak killer who gives survivors 3 health states for some reason vs Trickster who can just down you quicker if you know what you're doing.

  • yes, each strike took off an amount of the mend timer. Like the current Franks Mixed Tape

  • @Mr_K said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2290023#Comment_2290023

    yes, each strike took off an amount of the mend timer. Like the current Franks Mixed Tape

    Can you stop giving me flashbacks?

  • Stabby Stab Stab

    Your screen fades to grey as the terror radius goes away.

    Stabby Stab Stab

  • @Mr_K said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2290434#Comment_2290434

    Stabby Stab Stab

    Your screen fades to grey as the terror radius goes away.

    Stabby Stab Stab

    No...not again...

    Please, don't this to me! No! NO!

    image.png


  • A Binding of Kin is totally the worst, imagine release victor on killer shack and he got stuck for entire trial.

  • gameplay wise its fine, performance wise, its bad

    I think their problem was the entire game is only really run on the drive and storage alone not relying enough on other computer parts to do much of anything but demand that the storage does all the heavy lifting

  • Well, for me, this is my criteria on how I'd rate the Chapter experience, from a scale of 1 to 10:

    • Killer
    • Survivor(s)
    • Map
    • Performance and Technical
    • Balance

    As for my ratings and the explanations behind them, they are as follows:

    • Killer: The Nemesis
      • Rating: 2
      • The Nemesis is a very underwhelming and mediocre Killer who is the only Killer in the game whose Power requires that you hit the Survivor three times in a row, with no real benefit over using his M1, which reaches further and deals a health state.
      • Zombie AI and collision are also very awful and overall not a fun experience when they get stuck on unintended areas.
      • Nemesis' only saving grace are the fun Perks known as Eruption and Lethal Pursuer, both of which can lead into interesting games.
    • Survivor: Leon S. Kennedy
      • Rating: 10
      • Leon S. Kennedy is the best part of the chapter, not only due to his design, but his Perks. Rookie Spirit and Bite the Bullet are decent perks for new players to use and get used to the game, and Flashbang is probably the most fun Perk to play with and against.
    • Survivor: Jill Valentine
      • Rating: 1
      • Jill Valentine, on the other hand, encapsulates the worst of the Survivor experience by "blessing" us with the biggest anti-everything Perks in the entire game. Resurgence grants too significant an advantage to players being unhooked, Blast Mine is simply annoying and gets even worse with other Perks, and Counterforce is the single worst-implemented Perk of all time due to how overpowered it will show itself to be.
    • Map: Raccoon City Police Department
      • Rating: 1
      • As we currently cannot play on the Raccoon City Police Department, and due to the fact it had caused many crashes to players' games earlier, I cannot rate this any higher than a 1 since not only was I unable to experience the map, but also because it came with horrible technical issues.
    • Performance and Technical
      • Rating: 1
      • This is the single worst patch for performance and technical issues that this game has seen yet, and this game has seen a significant amount of bugs on other patches, including the dreaded Pallet bug that was in just a few patches ago.
      • FPS and performance issues, crashing with the R.P.D. map, collision issues in Red Forest, and an overall unfun experience as of late to the point where even the DC penalty has to be removed.
    • Balance
      • Rating: 1
      • Once more, the developers show their complete disregard for actually making the game fun by balancing things that currently need to be fixed. Instead, we just get a new chapter with little changes done that would make a good impact.
      • One of the more major changes of this patch was the significant nerf to Franklin's Demise, which now means that Keys have no counter, all because the developers couldn't hard code Nemesis' Vaccines to not break.
      • And then there's no changes to anything else that would really improve the Survivor or Killer experience. A shameful patch for balancing.

    Overall Chapter Rating: 2.6

    This chapter is an overall disappointment that failed to really live up to the expectations set for it, as well as introducing a significant amount of performance issues that will more than likely plague the game for weeks, if not months.

    This chapter is easily my second worst pick (the first being A Nightmare on Elm Street), and is definitely something I have complete buyer's remorse in getting, aside from Leon S. Kennedy and the Nemesis Perks. This chapter should have gone in another direction.

  • The chapter is dope as hell, but the update itself seems kinda sus.

    In terms of worst chapter as in most boring chapter, for sure binding of kin.

    In terms of worst chapter as in most gamebreaking, definitely darkness among us. That chapter was the game's biggest mess, as this game has about 4000 messes.

  • The last two chapter were all really bad. Twins were a atrocious killer to go against once people started to slug and camp with them. The only exciting thing about this chapter was the perk smash hit, unfortunatly they introduced a pallet bug, so it was impossible to stun the killer for a really long time. No new map.

    Trickster chapter was underwhelming too. The concept was interesting but the killer was really lackluster. There were at least some interesting perks. No new map.

    Resident evil chapter there is a new map but it is bugged and the map is horrible in certain matchups. The last good map they made is saloon in my opinion. Midwich and the RE map look good but they have bad gameplay and are straight unfun to play in certain matchups.

    In my opinion the devs focus too little on what makes the game actually fun, the interaction between the killer and the survivor (they should always keep this in mind when designing perks, killer and maps)

    One really positive thing i like about this chapter are some of the perks. Flashbang and the mine are really fun, and you have to earn them by doing gen progress. Nemesis as a killer is ok in my opinion (i am happy that they finally manage to make a decent killer again after the twins and trickster disaster).

  • @DrJohn said:

    In terms of optimization and bugs this chapter is far worse than binding of kin in my opinion. It's damn near unplayable in console. At least I could play the twins without constant frame drops and lag spikes. Also Nemesis feels pretty weak. I don't really understand why anyone would pick him over Pyramid Head, but I'm still new with him. Only thing I like is the blast mine and flashbang from Jill and Leon, other than that this is imo the worst chapter they've ever released.

    Um, no? Binding of kin was forgettable, WAY more buggy, and no one played them on release. At least with RE people play the killer, there is a map, and its mostly a decent-ish experience.

1 2 ›