I'm getting a lot of TTVs lately

Right now I'm in my third ttv lobby in a row. For the past couple week I've also been getting a bunch of TTVs. Probably like at least 2 a day on average. Just thought it was kinda weird. Anyone else getting a bunch of TTVs lately?

Comments

  • More people stream in the summer when they don't have school.

  • I wish I got more TTVs. All I want to do is check the vod later to see how I did from their perspective. But they either didn't exist or weren't streaming.

  • I don't know what a TTV is (a clan or some stupid streaming thing, I'm guessing) but I've seen them semi-frequently over the last couple of weeks.

    I'm always apprehensive when I see people join my match with obvious team names but so far I have to admit that I've never had the "SWF" experience (being ignored and left to die, etc).

  • it's sorta interesting the highest viewer ttv I had once had like 140 views in my game

  • Lucky! They tend to be more chill than sweaty, plus you can hop in their chat and say boo 😂

  • I faced a pair of streamers who we're doing a 24 hour charity stream. They even mentioned that a killer that faced them actually made a donation afterwards.

  • It is either ttv or yt on every somewhat popular game I play not just dbd.

  • I sorta like going against TTV streamers. They are fun to play against and they can be so nice.

  • @miketheratguy said:

    I don't know what a TTV is (a clan or some stupid streaming thing, I'm guessing) but I've seen them semi-frequently over the last couple of weeks.

    I'm always apprehensive when I see people join my match with obvious team names but so far I have to admit that I've never had the "SWF" experience (being ignored and left to die, etc).

    TTV = Twitch . tv

    Streamers

  • Streamers. As I figured.

    So if I see some can I assume that they're recording and broadcasting my match? It WOULD be kind of cool to see my game from someone else's perspective.

  • Get them everyday

  • @miketheratguy said:

    Streamers. As I figured.

    So if I see some can I assume that they're recording and broadcasting my match? It WOULD be kind of cool to see my game from someone else's perspective.

    Most of us take TTV out of our names when we are not streaming - most not all :)

  • @Jasix said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2244138#Comment_2244138

    Most of us take TTV out of our names when we are not streaming - most not all :)

    Hmm. I wish I would have known before what the TTV meant. Twitch is a whole site, isn't it? So if I see people with TTV there's no way of knowing who exactly may or may not be uploading the match and thus, where to see it, right?

    ...You can tell I don't watch streamers.

  • Sounds fun, it's always interesting to review my gameplay from another perspective after the match and a lot of the time streamers let me do that 😄

  • @miketheratguy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2244148#Comment_2244148

    Hmm. I wish I would have known before what the TTV meant. Twitch is a whole site, isn't it? So if I see people with TTV there's no way of knowing who exactly may or may not be uploading the match and thus, where to see it, right?

    ...You can tell I don't watch streamers.

    Usually their game name is their twitch so like:

    DBDKillerPro.TTV would be www.twitch.tv/DBDKillerPro (Not a real streamer that I know of...just something I made up LOL)

  • @Lx_malice said:

    Right now I'm in my third ttv lobby in a row. For the past couple week I've also been getting a bunch of TTVs. Probably like at least 2 a day on average. Just thought it was kinda weird. Anyone else getting a bunch of TTVs lately?

    Typically I see anywhere from the stream having 1 to maybe 12 viewers or on rare occasions they’ve got 50+ or so going on. I’ve actually made some friends with streamers after meeting in solo queue then going to say hello in their chat etc. So from personal experience I’d say aside from possibly growing a viewer-base it’s at the very least a decent way to friend up with some cool new people along the way.

  • @Jasix said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2244154#Comment_2244154

    Usually their game name is their twitch so like:

    DBDKillerPro.TTV would be www.twitch.tv/DBDKillerPro (Not a real streamer that I know of...just something I made up LOL)

    Ah, I get it now. Thanks for the info.

  • @Jasix said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2244154#Comment_2244154

    Usually their game name is their twitch so like:

    DBDKillerPro.TTV would be www.twitch.tv/DBDKillerPro (Not a real streamer that I know of...just something I made up LOL)

    Oh look, its a real streamer.

  • @gatsby said:

    More people stream in the summer when they don't have school.

    Ah. Makes sense.

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    Lucky! They tend to be more chill than sweaty, plus you can hop in their chat and say boo 😂

    Indeed. I also like to hop after the match and drop a gg. I don't think I've ever had one be straight up toxic or rude but I've had a couple say they didn't like how I did this or that. They are usually pretty chill though.

  • I've always had them. It's just that very recently I decided to look some of them up. Overall, they've been quite whiny.

  • @Mr_K said:

    Get them everyday

    Better them than hackers amirite?

  • I spent a day actually going in and out of lobbies as killer, looking up ttvs. It would surprise you how many don’t even have a Twitch or haven’t been live in years LOL.

  • @ryzen0849 said:

    I wish I got more TTVs. All I want to do is check the vod later to see how I did from their perspective. But they either didn't exist or weren't streaming.

    I like to do the same, the other day I went on someone's stream and thanked them for the instant recovery.

  • Yep, I see them all the time.

  • I love going verses Twitch streamers and watching the VOD afterwards. I had one streamer that as soon as I got on to watch the stream the whole 4 man SWF was playing Blight. Apparently I had played so well that it inspired them to start playing him.

  • @Mister_Holdout said:

    Yep, I see them all the time.

    Same here. I've always seen them, but it just feels like I've been seeing like triple the amount that I'm used to seeing. It does make sense though since it is summertime and school is out as mentioned above.

  • Why do these streamers name "ttv.*"?

    Are the ttv letters automatics?

    I watch to the most famous dbd streamers and they haven't ttv in his names.

    If ttv letters are not something automatic which is the porpose using them??

  • @Kharbarg said:

    Why do these streamers name "ttv.*"?

    Are the ttv letters automatics?

    I watch to the most famous dbd streamers and they haven't ttv in his names.

    If ttv letters are not something automatic which is the porpose using them??

    It's a form of self advertisment. To let the people in their games know that they're streaming in order to get more viewers.

  • @Kharbarg said:

    Why do these streamers name "ttv.*"?

    Are the ttv letters automatics?

    I watch to the most famous dbd streamers and they haven't ttv in his names.

    If ttv letters are not something automatic which is the porpose using them??

    ttv is just an abbreviation for twitch.tv

    It's just so people know which platform to look on.

  • @Lx_malice said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2244296#Comment_2244296

    It's a form of self advertisment. To let the people in their games know that they're streaming in order to get more viewers.

    Thank you both Lx_malice and Crowman for the answers ;)

  • I've seen a lot of TTVers lately as well, the ones I've come across are genuinely nice and pretty chill even when the match didn't go their way

    Props to those who pursue streaming as a hobby/passion.

    Also yeah the only complaint I have about streamers with DBD is the ones who just tell people to join the stream in lobbies/EGC.

    Like I'm playing the game, can you not.

  • I hate getting TTV's who aren't streaming. Where's the fun in that? I wanna watch the VOD!

  • I always check if people are legit streamers when they put TTV on their names. It disappoints me when I find someone who does it for attention. However most of the ones I ran across are legit. Even watched a Vod of me as killer from their perspective. It was interesting.

  • I stream but on ps5 and i cant fit ttv in my damn name.