You think we might get A.I controlled zombies for a power

it would fit the whole RE chapter. plus it would be a very big achievement for BHVR. i would really want a AI power since it might be really powerful

edit: I predicted well kinda but still this is huge and I cant wait to play the survs and killer

Comments

  • Nah, but I wouldn't mind

  • I hope not, they would be a buggy mess.

  • @NightmareKiller said:

    I hope not, they would be a buggy mess.

    you could be right i don't want another twins chapter

  • It would be good in a part to include the zombies in Dead by Daylight, especially in a Resident Evil chapter, but I doubt it, maybe they are like the bots of Friday the 13th the game or much worse.

  • Sending out lickers could be awesome

  • I really hope, but I sadly doubt

    I would main the ######### out of that killer for sure though

  • I already suggested a similar thing, some time before the Twins came out. It's quite detailed.

  • I can already imagine the killer's zombie bugging out and being eternally stuck walking into a wall.

    "My zombie's so stupid, it doesn't have any brains!" the frustrated killer would exclaim in post-game chat.

    "Like master, like zombie" the survivors would retort.

    ---

    That would be hilarious - good times for all.

  • Would be fun af tbh. Imagine having to kill the zombies by using pallets, would make the killer's power interesting.

  • @Jarol said:

    It would be good in a part to include the zombies in Dead by Daylight, especially in a Resident Evil chapter, but I doubt it, maybe they are like the bots of Friday the 13th the game or much worse.

    I'm just hoping they'll be included in the map in some way, not as obstacles or anything, just set dressing. Like behind a fence or in a research tank or something depending on what the map is.

  • It would require a lot of work.

    The killer ability is going to be something really simple: extended lunge attack with tentacles and an infection which creates killer instinct if other survivors are around an infected survivor (like when Victor is attached to a survivor).

  • They're probably not going to add AI to a purely multiplayer game, AI development is a lot of work, and they'd essentially have to do it from scratch, in a game not designed for it. 0.1% chance!

  • I just want zombies roaming around a bit and if you get too close, they can grab and hold you for 2 seconds. I think it would be freaky but at the same time, I don't think I would enjoy getting grabbed in a chase xD

  • I would prefer the recently turned players to be able to control them but, that could raise some issues so, I wouldn't mind seeing this what so ever! :D

  • @JPA said:

    They're probably not going to add AI to a purely multiplayer game, AI development is a lot of work, and they'd essentially have to do it from scratch, in a game not designed for it. 0.1% chance!

    Could they not theoretically use the work the mobile team did on their killer AI? I’m a bit ignorant of how it all works and I’m sure it’s not that simple, but would they have to start from scratch if some of the same principles and logic they used in DBD mobile could be applied to this version?

  • @xenotimebong said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2212301#Comment_2212301

    Could they not theoretically use the work the mobile team did on their killer AI? I’m a bit ignorant of how it all works and I’m sure it’s not that simple, but would they have to start from scratch if some of the same principles and logic they used in DBD mobile could be applied to this version?

    That's a good point to be honest, I forgot the mobile had AI.

    I've not played the mobile version so I'm not sure how similar the game is, if the game was engineered correctly, then ideally the PC and mobile versions would share much of the same systems, so yeah perhaps it could.

  • Pretty sure that's just an average DBD player, we don't need more AI zombies in this game.

  • @piggygooik said:

    it would fit the whole RE chapter. plus it would be a very big achievement for BHVR. i would really want a AI power since it might be really powerful

    From a design perspective it isn't that great to have an NPC/AI related power.


    If the AI is too good, survivors will feel like they can't outplay it, or that the killer isn't earning their hits/downs.

    If the AI is not good enough, killers will feel like the AI is the reason they keep losing.

  • I think it would actually be better fitting for other licenses as RE has way more iconic creatures/characters that would work as killer without a Zombie Horde.


    thinking more about something like The Walking Dead or The Last of Us.

  • @NightmareKiller said:

    I hope not, they would be a buggy mess.

    I dunno how long you've been playing the game but most patches are a buggy mess, even when there isn't a new killer being patched in.

  • @justalilbit123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2212164#Comment_2212164

    I dunno how long you've been playing the game but most patches are a buggy mess, even when there isn't a new killer being patched in.

    Oh I know but it's not about the patch but the killer. I still have the Oni bug in which he gets stuck in the attack animation, or crash against invisible walls as Blight, and Victor is still a buggy mess, specially after that "fix" from last patch in which he can't properly jump through pallets and windows anymore.

  • Aw yeah I can't believe you predicted it. I even got it right with the pallet stuff.

  • @glitchboi said:

    Aw yeah I can't believe you predicted it. I even got it right with the pallet stuff.

    You just had to shove it in everyone's faces didn't you? :)

  • AI zombies exist in DBD now. Nice!

  • @JPA said:

    They're probably not going to add AI to a purely multiplayer game, AI development is a lot of work, and they'd essentially have to do it from scratch, in a game not designed for it. 0.1% chance!

    Well my comment aged like a fine wine XD

  • i predicted it some how

  • at least you have a good sense of humour about it 😂😂

  • @Gladonos said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2214798#Comment_2214798

    You just had to shove it in everyone's faces didn't you? :)

    Someone's had a rough day.

  • i highly doubt they'll add AI elements to the game. which is a good thing.

    edit: i was wrong. #########

  • @bowo said:

    i highly doubt they'll add AI elements to the game. which is a good thing.

    Are you sure about that? lol

  • @bowo said:

    i highly doubt they'll add AI elements to the game. which is a good thing.

    Err... I can't tell if you're joking, but...

  • i am eating a massive slice of humble pie rn, get back to you later lol