Wraith is ridiculous now!

I'm talking about buffed wraith. I genuinely believe he's too much now. Not only does he move super fast that he basically beats you to a loop he has a stupid speed buff when coming out of uncloacked which rendures majority of pallets unsafe than useual.


Seriously it's too much! And don't give me "just get gud" he beats you to every loop and you have to drop pallets quick because of his stupid lunge.

Comments

  • I haven't played in months now but it does tickle my funny bone to see a post about wraith being overpowered.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2207965#Comment_2207965

    For the rank 1 wraiths I've usually versed they know how to block windows, block pallets, can uncloak and literally zoom all the way around a loop and there is nothing you can do to avoid a hit. I've never left a wraith match and said it was fair. I felt cheated every time.

    But rank 1 killers are supposed to be good, thats why they are rank 1. They master and main a killer.. its the same with top tier survivors too.

    I've gone against survivors that know exactly how to loop, they know all the tricks in the book! Put that together with a SWF then its easy for a killer to feel cheated too.. unless you are a master at Nurse.

    But for the average player.. none of this is an issue usually.. cough ignoring their mmr system cough

  • @Amy095 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2207987#Comment_2207987

    But rank 1 killers are supposed to be good, thats why they are rank 1. They master and main a killer.. its the same with top tier survivors too.

    I've gone against survivors that know exactly how to loop, they know all the tricks in the book! Put that together with a SWF then its easy for a killer to feel cheated too.. unless you are a master at Nurse.

    But for the average player.. none of this is an issue usually.. cough ignoring their mmr system cough

    The level of effort makes that unfair. It shouldn't take four survivors on comms all with hundreds of hours to beat a wraith. That doesn't make wraith balanced. No single person should be entitled to win all the time because they picked wraith.

  • Wraith was alwasy able to move super fast and beat you to most loops. It's just that he had to use a certain addon. People didnt complain about that before, why complain now?

    Don't answer that btw. Rhetorical question.

  • @miketheratguy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2207935#Comment_2207935

    Part of the problem for me is that I found him good before. Balanced and equitable. The people who say that he isn't good seem to base it on his looping and nothing else (I'm not saying you, just what I generally see). But when you think about it, we're talking about a killer who is not only invisible, but MUCH faster while invisible, who now is even harder to see, but can now also turn visible at a moment's notice with no tell or indication of any kind (unless you get lucky to get a Wraith that comes at you head on thus allowing you to see his blur) AND quickly hit you before you can react.

    And I just haven't ever understood the arguments for counterplay. "Be by a window". What, the whole game? "Predrop all the pallets". A Wraith isn't going to see you doing that or simply find an alternate path around them? "Run this perk and that perk". Specifically build a character to counter just ONE killer?

    I understand, I'm not nearly as practiced in this game as most of you. I readily admit that. I readily admit that a lot of this is me not having enough practice. But I mean, a superfast invivisble killer that has a very obvious tell (which also slows him down long enough to have a chance to get away) is one thing. There's balance there. That's why everyone hates the Spirit right? Her tells are too difficult, the game is just guesswork. That's what everyone says. Well, I mean, when you're facing an invisible, superfast, silent killer who can come up and nail you out of nowhere for a free hit (and I automatically dismiss any argument that says "he's a stealth killer, he's supposed to get free hits"), that's a whole different, much more frustrating game altogether. I'm legit sorry for anyone who thought that he was crap before, I never did. But it seems as if the people who do are now being defensive that he's no longer crap, without allowing for the possibility that maybe his combined powers are now a little TOO much.

    That's all I'm saying.

    I sort of agree with some of your points, it can be a bit much, especially now that you can run all-seeing, silent bell AND be 150% speed with a fast lunge. It's a little ridiculous but I personally don't mind. I play a lot of Wraith so I'm not really bothered by it. I could see how it feels a little BS to play against but I think basically every killer has something like that. Even Demo got a really nasty add-on/perk combo this patch. After his lunge speed bug got fixed after the speed buff it kinda took away the one weakness he had aside from being in a good area of the map, something which is entirely reliant on map RNG and we all know how terrible it can be.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2207998#Comment_2207998

    The level of effort makes that unfair. It shouldn't take four survivors on comms all with hundreds of hours to beat a wraith. That doesn't make wraith balanced. No single person should be entitled to win all the time because they picked wraith.

    I find it hard to believe that all rank 1 wraith mains can beat a sweat squad with over 2k hours between them.. thats quite the generalisation, and also extremely rare, so rare its not really worth mentioning.

    But let me spin your argument back to you.. if wraith is now top tier, up there with the nurse, then how is it fair that killers have to play top ranking killers to beat a swf with hundreds of hours? How is it balanced for 1 player to go against 4 communicating along with a lot of experience.. maybe now you can understand how the average killer feels when going against a swf with crutch perks... cheated is usually how they feel.

    You can debate this from both sides quite easily.

    This type of game will never really be balanced, there are too many variables to consider. Best thing to do is do your best, if you die move onto the next game.

  • @ALostPuppy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2207954#Comment_2207954

    I sort of agree with some of your points, it can be a bit much, especially now that you can run all-seeing, silent bell AND be 150% speed with a fast lunge. It's a little ridiculous but I personally don't mind. I play a lot of Wraith so I'm not really bothered by it. I could see how it feels a little BS to play against but I think basically every killer has something like that. Even Demo got a really nasty add-on/perk combo this patch. After his lunge speed bug got fixed after the speed buff it kinda took away the one weakness he had aside from being in a good area of the map, something which is entirely reliant on map RNG and we all know how terrible it can be.

    I appreciate it. I'm not saying that Wraith should be severely nerfed or anything, I just join threads like this to help explain what the problem is. After getting a bunch of dismissive comments when I first started talking about this a few weeks ago, simple acknowledgement of what I'm trying to point out is enough for me.

  • Totally agree. Wraith and bamboozle Bubba are literal proof that the people who balance this game are constantly high on something. Either that or theyre killer mains

  • Wraith was and is always a noobstomper. Nothing has really changed but he now has two addon-slots instead of one. Only low and mid-tear survivors have problems with him because of several reasons like map-awareness, map-knowledge, and looping-skills. That’s why the devs are so afraid buffing/overbuffing him. It even got mentioned in a stream long time ago if I remember correctly.

    so complaining about a killer who is on most loops just a m1 killer is just a prove what survivors a made of today. The try to do the same strategy over and over again on different killers and if it dosn‘t work he must be OP.

  • For me, new Wraith feels very oppressive as well, esp when also using All Seeing, Silent Bell or additional Windstorm. He's not op, I can usually hold my ground for some time, but my team mates usually go down instantly, so every soloQ game against a wraith is a pain. Sure that's an issue with potato teammates then, but I still think wraith could use a small tone down. I'm thinking, keep his most recent movement buffs, but remove his true invisibility again, or increase it to 30 meters. So you can notice him a few seconds earlier to prepare for the chase.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2207998#Comment_2207998

    The level of effort makes that unfair. It shouldn't take four survivors on comms all with hundreds of hours to beat a wraith. That doesn't make wraith balanced. No single person should be entitled to win all the time because they picked wraith.

    Says the former regular user of iri head huntress and 3-blink nurse

  • Old Wraith: A pretty bad Killer for about 4 years, required Add-ons to be decent, people want him buffed so badly.

    New Wraith: Has many things going for him, got buffed finally after 4 years, works extremely well without Add-ons...

    OH #########, TO MUCH.. TOO MUCH.. PLZ NERF!!!1!

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    Depends on the map.

    May the video game gods have mercy on your team if you get this ######### and sheltered woods. Gg

  • @KerJuice said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2207596#Comment_2207596

    May the video game gods have mercy on your team if you get this ######### and sheltered woods. Gg

    Or I get Haddonfield and the Wraith is ran all game

  • "Death has come to your little town, Sheriff."

  • Eh, I like the buff. The previous wraith was too weak, now he's decent. Remember he has no real chase abilities other than his lunge.

  • Wraith is ok, but All seeing spirit is not

  • Everything you said Blight is better at...

    Yet you no complain about blight?

    Hmm

  • @Power_Guy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2207595#Comment_2207595

    The fact that you say 'He has a crazier lunge than Freddy' shows you really don't know what you are talking about, no offense.

    Freddy does not have a longer than normal lunge. It's that his character model is smaller, so it looks like he's lunging further to cover the same distance as bigger Killers.

    Funny how no one complains about Hags lunge, Ghostfaces's lunge. Freddy has a stupid lunge and you wont change my mind.

  • @KA149108 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2207706#Comment_2207706

    Funny how no one complains about Hags lunge, Ghostfaces's lunge. Freddy has a stupid lunge and you wont change my mind.

    No one's going to take your balancing suggestions seriously if you prefer to stick with your made up idea of how game mechanics work over learning how the game mechanics actually work.

  • flashbang dicks on wraith super hard, plus it's hella fun to use in general so just bring flashbang.

  • @KA149108 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2207706#Comment_2207706

    Funny how no one complains about Hags lunge, Ghostfaces's lunge. Freddy has a stupid lunge and you wont change my mind.

    Every Killer has the same lunge distance. Freddy's looks longer because his smaller frame has to cover the same distance as someone like Trapper, who's huge.

    Anyone's subjective experience literally has nothing to do with it. 'It looks longer' does not trump that the math puts it at the same distance.

1 2 ›