Hardcore and long time players of DBD should be rewarded for their loyalty and playtime

For the amount of grind there is in this game, we really aren't given much for finally achieving things. (For example) Like ok nice, I have killed 1000 survivors in my total time of playing this game, but I get nothing. Why are we not rewarded with a cool cosmetic that is exclusive to players who have played this game for an extended amount of time? There is no fancy cosmetic you get for doing something significant, and why is there is no reward for doing anything in this game? All you get is an empty achievement, if even.

I want cosmetics that I can show off to other people that shows my level of superiority. I want a baby dweet to look at me and think "Wow, this person is be a god must have no life!" or "Holy hell this killer must be good and means business" JUST by taking a look at my character.

The cosmetics we have now are pretty good, but you wanna know why I don't care for them? Because some are pretty pricey honestly, but mainly because anyone can get them.

Any person who plays this game and wants cosmetics can just go ahead and buy them. But that isn't very rewarding, it doesn't let you know who has put in the hours to "git gud", it just shows you who likes the game enough to spend extra money on it.

What if when you get 10 flashlight saves you get a new skin for flashlights that you can toggle on and off? What if you could get a cool skin that shows you love using medkits? Just little things like that including full on cosmetics for your characters would go a long way and make it feel more like everyone is grinding towards something.

Everyone with 1000's of hours on this game only have their playtime to show as their sort of glory I guess. We should at the least be rewarded with exclusive cosmetics that can be grinded for at any time. That would make people feel more inclined to play the game more as well.

Comments

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2195811#Comment_2195811

    No clearly it is objectively fun you just exist on the forums to only talk about how bad the game is with 5k posts smh my head

    I mean, have you seen my most popular post :p

  • I couldn't agree more, but I don't think this is a high priority for them. I mean, we've been waiting on devotion rewards for years. Maybe one day..

  • @Yords said:

    For the amount of grind there is in this game, we really aren't given much for finally achieving things. (For example) Like ok nice, I have killed 1000 survivors in my total time of playing this game , but I get nothing. Why are we not rewarded with a cool cosmetic that is exclusive to players who have played this game for an extended amount of time? There is no fancy cosmetic you get for doing something significant, and there is no reward for doing anything in this game.

    I want cosmetics that I can show off to other people that shows my level of superiority. I want a baby dweet to look at me and think "Wow, this person is be a god must have no life!" or "Holy hell this killer must be good and means business" JUST by taking a look at my character.

    The cosmetics we have now are pretty good, but you wanna know why I don't care for them? Because some are pretty pricey honestly, but mainly because anyone can get them.

    Any person who plays this game and wants cosmetics can just go ahead and buy them. But that isn't very rewarding, it doesn't let you know who has put in the hours to "git gud", it just shows you who likes the game enough to spend extra money on it.

    What if when you get 10 flashlight saves you get a new skin for flashlights that you can toggle on and off? What if you could get a cool skin that shows you love using medkits? Just little things like that including full on cosmetics for your characters would go a long way and make it feel more like everyone is grinding towards something.

    Everyone with 1000's of hours on this game only have their playtime to show as their sort of glory I guess. We should at the least be rewarded with exclusive cosmetics that can be grinded for at any time. That would make people feel more inclined to play the game more as well.

    I'd just be happy with a Leader board, tracking like the the top 100 or something, showcasing them for a bunch of different interesting metrics. I'm shallow and would find that more than enough.

  • Ah yes, camping with the one killer who sometimes couldn't even interrupt an unhook... Sounds toxic :)

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2195544#Comment_2195544

    Yeah, the game isn't objectively fun.

    It's objectively designed to frustrate you

    Most people say it is fun, the forums just echo chamber circle jerk a hate train because they mostly have no lives, are bitter and burnt out. Games can be frustrating and still fun, the do not have to exist one or the other, so your point is moot. While it's not the most accurate, the steam reviews are over 80% positive, so most people find the game fun, at least on steam.

  • But we are rewarded, and the name of the prize is PTSD.

  • skins always generated division in the community, reason i guess why they gave us for free many skins that only were obtainable by some very expensive ebay codes, and many people felt betrayed when bhvr did that. i dont care personally. imo the reward system is fine and cool, but doesnt really need to be skins i would prefer iridiscent shards to but more characters for example, more BP if your account has high rank, something that actually helps me with this dumb excesive grind WE ALL COMPLAIN ABOUT.

  • @TruEternity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2195811#Comment_2195811

    Most people say it is fun, the forums just echo chamber circle jerk a hate train because they mostly have no lives, are bitter and burnt out. Games can be frustrating and still fun, the do not have to exist one or the other, so your point is moot. While it's not the most accurate, the steam reviews are over 80% positive, so most people find the game fun, at least on steam.

    Fun != good.

  • @madradfox said:

    But we are rewarded, and the name of the prize is PTSD.

    You have PTSD from a game, what the hell is wrong with this generation

  • @TheStabbiNAngeL said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2195897#Comment_2195897

    You have PTSD from a game, what the hell is wrong with this generation

    woooosh

  • Sir

    I know what sarcasm is, I laughed and voted him up

    So woooosh back at you

  • @Yords said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2195378#Comment_2195378

    Something exactly like that but the gold should be replaced with something else. Gold is too common in games and just doesn't feel special most of the time.

    Iridescent red glow effect

  • Idk what that would look like but I bet it would be cool, it sounds interesting.

  • This game doesnt really understand the meaning of "exclusive" the only thing coming close to exclusive is that deathgarden meg mask, but just for console players

  • @TheStabbiNAngeL said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2195967#Comment_2195967

    Sir

    I know what sarcasm is, I laughed and voted him up

    So woooosh back at you

    Ah ######### Ive been bamboozled

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2195417#Comment_2195417

    enjoyable gameplay

    When describing Dead By Daylight, these two words should never be this close together unless preceeded by the word "not".

    Rewarded with hours of enjoyable gameplay inbetween thousands of hours of pure misery

    Although I'm disappointed to learn that you've 500h to tunnel in invisible. Disappointed and confused.

  • @Yords said:

    For the amount of grind there is in this game, we really aren't given much for finally achieving things. (For example) Like ok nice, I have killed 1000 survivors in my total time of playing this game , but I get nothing. Why are we not rewarded with a cool cosmetic that is exclusive to players who have played this game for an extended amount of time? There is no fancy cosmetic you get for doing something significant, and there is no reward for doing anything in this game.

    I want cosmetics that I can show off to other people that shows my level of superiority. I want a baby dweet to look at me and think "Wow, this person is be a god must have no life!" or "Holy hell this killer must be good and means business" JUST by taking a look at my character.

    The cosmetics we have now are pretty good, but you wanna know why I don't care for them? Because some are pretty pricey honestly, but mainly because anyone can get them.

    Any person who plays this game and wants cosmetics can just go ahead and buy them. But that isn't very rewarding, it doesn't let you know who has put in the hours to "git gud", it just shows you who likes the game enough to spend extra money on it.

    What if when you get 10 flashlight saves you get a new skin for flashlights that you can toggle on and off? What if you could get a cool skin that shows you love using medkits? Just little things like that including full on cosmetics for your characters would go a long way and make it feel more like everyone is grinding towards something.

    Everyone with 1000's of hours on this game only have their playtime to show as their sort of glory I guess. We should at the least be rewarded with exclusive cosmetics that can be grinded for at any time. That would make people feel more inclined to play the game more as well.

    @Yords said:

    For the amount of grind there is in this game, we really aren't given much for finally achieving things. (For example) Like ok nice, I have killed 1000 survivors in my total time of playing this game , but I get nothing. Why are we not rewarded with a cool cosmetic that is exclusive to players who have played this game for an extended amount of time? There is no fancy cosmetic you get for doing something significant, and there is no reward for doing anything in this game.

    I want cosmetics that I can show off to other people that shows my level of superiority. I want a baby dweet to look at me and think "Wow, this person is be a god must have no life!" or "Holy hell this killer must be good and means business" JUST by taking a look at my character.

    The cosmetics we have now are pretty good, but you wanna know why I don't care for them? Because some are pretty pricey honestly, but mainly because anyone can get them.

    Any person who plays this game and wants cosmetics can just go ahead and buy them. But that isn't very rewarding, it doesn't let you know who has put in the hours to "git gud", it just shows you who likes the game enough to spend extra money on it.

    What if when you get 10 flashlight saves you get a new skin for flashlights that you can toggle on and off? What if you could get a cool skin that shows you love using medkits? Just little things like that including full on cosmetics for your characters would go a long way and make it feel more like everyone is grinding towards something.

    Everyone with 1000's of hours on this game only have their playtime to show as their sort of glory I guess. We should at the least be rewarded with exclusive cosmetics that can be grinded for at any time. That would make people feel more inclined to play the game more as well.

    Maybe have a CHARM that works like a Devotion tracker, it shows your Devotion to others who see your charm...OR just a special charm at certain Devotions. Legacy golden boy skins exists already, but those are only PC players...

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2195474#Comment_2195474

    I have to say, that's some nonsense, if it shows it on the PS5 why can't it just show it on the PlayStation website. Damn Sony's dumb.

    The only trophy I don't have is the Skilled Huntress one. I'd love to see my progression on it (it's probably like 10%, so 10 of 100 downs)... unfortunately, I've heard that trophies earned playing on the PS4 don't transfer to the PS5; I'd be starting from scratch. :(

    Anyway, it's unlikely I'll be getting a PS5. Sony's new policy of "censor everything!" not only turns me off but has game companies pulling away, too, so if I ever get a next-gen system it'll probably be an Xbox.

    Thanks for letting me know, though. :)

    You can go to exophase.com and see your hours.

  • I would prefer skins you can unlock with skill instead of playtime. I want to master a killer and show it and not just grind.

    But with both its the same: people want them bc they are rare. So they need to be hard to earn. And if they are hard to earn there will be people who use other methods to get them. In other games they buy accounts. Wasnt there something similar wirh the event skins and behaviour made them free for all bc of that?

  • @Aneurysm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2195428#Comment_2195428

    Rewarded with hours of enjoyable gameplay inbetween thousands of hours of pure misery

    Although I'm disappointed to learn that you've 500h to tunnel in invisible. Disappointed and confused.

    I am having none of that from you Sir.

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/250435/hardcore-and-long-time-players-of-dbd-should-be-rewarded-for-their-loyalty-and-playtime

    I'd just be happy with a Leader board, tracking like the the top 100 or something, showcasing them for a bunch of different interesting metrics. I'm shallow and would find that more than enough.

    There is actually, in https://dbd.onteh.net.au/

    At least there is for PC players.

  • You get a shiny achievement for killing 1000 survivors.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    I'm on PS4, I can't see any cool stats, no one can see how many hours of my life I've wasted spent on this game. Cosmetics and charms to show off accomplishments would be really cool.

    It'd also be nice if we console players could see our stats.

    Ps5 players can see how much of your life you've wasted at least

  • Fat agree, I've only been around for about half of the game's lifespan but I've dedicated far more of my time then I really should to it, and it feels wasted. I could've gotten exactly where I am now, probably in the same time span if I hadn't. Just give me something so I don't feel like as much of a dumbass as I am!

  • @dbd4life said:

    its cool and all but you got to make the rewards based on challenges which will be viable for all but only the best would be able to gather them. that in case if it will ever happen, and since its free i dont think is worth for bhvr investment into it unless there is a way that they can benefit from it.

    a good deal would be once a month a 3 day challenges appear for everybody to gain exclusive items while there would be a fee for that 3 days entrance, that would be neat and bhvr would get rewarded for their work as well.

    They would benefit from this, it would bring back old players keep their current playerbase because people would actually always have something to invest their time on this game.

    I don't think there should be time-limited exclusive cosmetics, remember the strife that was caused by the DwightCrow? They should be able to be earned at any time by anyone without any restrictions.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    MmmmHmmmm!

    Gimme dat Damascus!

    Or some kind of Charm. (Charms would be much, much easier to implement)

    It would, but I would appreciate full on cosmetics more. Charms would just be the bare minimum, but that's what BHVR does best I guess.

  • It'd be cool to see more exclusives. Although if so, they should actually be exclusive and not have a messed up save system. Every exclusive I owned (except Deathgarden exclusives) has either been given away or lost due to a faulty save file system. I am surprised Deathgarden exclusives haven't been given away yet.

  • @Pepsidot said:

    It'd be cool to see more exclusives. Although if so, they should actually be exclusive and not have a messed up save system. Every exclusive I owned (except Deathgarden exclusives) has either been given away or lost due to a faulty save file system.

    Like I said, I don't think it should be totally exclusive, just really hard to get such as the legacy skins back in the day and without a time restriction.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2196941#Comment_2196941

    Don't get me wrong, I would absolutely love it if the cosmetics you could unlock were intricate, totally sick, free, lore related, and tied to in-game accomplishments. And eventually that's something I would like to see.

    But charms are much more versatile (does not need to be Killers specifically, could be perks as well, devotion, etc.), and require far less work (1 charm type for all Killers rather than 23 Killer cosmetic variants), resulting in being able to dig your teeth into things much sooner and keeping interest while/if they work on those fancier options.

    True

  • @AnneBonny said:

    Fat agree, I've only been around for about half of the game's lifespan but I've dedicated far more of my time then I really should to it, and it feels wasted. I could've gotten exactly where I am now, probably in the same time span if I hadn't. Just give me something so I don't feel like as much of a dumbass as I am!

    too bad this isn't exactly on BHVR's priority list

1 2 ›