Is unbreakable really that great

Just as the title says. Isn't it incredibly situational to depend on the killer slugging you in a situation where others couldn't get you, especially if it procs once? If your team managed to get itself four man slugged, is one free pickup really going to change anything on how the killer plays?

Comments

  • Most of the time you will not be able to use it, but if you can use it, it might be a gamechanger.

    Personally, I am not a big fan of Unbreakable, but it is a really good Perk.

  • Can be, but most of the time it will be a wasted perk slot (if you are solo). With friends you can make unbreakable work much more times.

  • I frequently get slugged because the Killer caught a teammate trying to flashlight save or sabo a hook or something.

    Unbreakable would be useful in those situations too.

    It helps relieve snowballing pressure and makes it so that if the Killer didn't hook, they effectively wasted that chase.

    Edit: That said, it's more useful the closer to red ranks. If you're in the lower ranks, it isn't that useful.

  • S tier absolutely. One of the best perks in the game.

    You only win against good teams with some variation of tunneling, camping, or slugging. Unbreakables removes one of those.

  • paired with DS, its pretty good. if you get unhooked with these two perks and go straight for the killer he either has to ignore you which can allow you to body block kinda or he downs you allowing for the other survivor to get some distance. if he picks you up, you stun him and get away potencially or just stall the game longer or he slugs you and runs after the rescuer which allows you to pick yourself up and get away while the killer is looking for the rescuer which once again wastes his time.

  • When I use it its mostly for the healing speed increase and I normally use it with No Mither since I think No Mither is funny


    It does not work out to well :(

  • It's called a 2nd chance perk for a reason. Granted it won't also come into play, but all it takes is one misplay and it'll ruin a Killer's day. Having gone against it on both sides, it's almost as bad as old DS or new BT- at least it can't be abused via 1 minute immunity or body-blocking to protect the unhooker.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    Most of the time you will not be able to use it, but if you can use it, it might be a gamechanger.

    Personally, I am not a big fan of Unbreakable, but it is a really good Perk.

    So what you're saying is high risk, high reward?

  • My current run build:

    For the People, Unbreakable, Flip Flop, and Sprint Burst (or your preferred endurance perk). I have saved myself and my team numerous times with Unbreakable when slugging occurs, and it is almost a must if you run flip-flop.

  • It's actually not high risk because if the killer didn't slug you should have won the game anyway. You have to slug if you want to win against good survivors. There literally isn't time to one hook each survivor one at a time. If you lost without the killer doing any slugging either you or your team played bad.

    IE it's a win/win scenario running it.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2158598#Comment_2158598

    It's actually not high risk because if the killer didn't slug you should have won the game anyway. You have to slug if you want to win against good survivors. There literally isn't time to one hook each survivor one at a time. If you lost without the killer doing any slugging either you or your team played bad.

    IE it's a win/win scenario running it.

    I was thinking more in the case that the killer is just that good, so you're down a perk slot that could have been DS or DH. It's a downside based off of potential.

  • Yes it s huge. You can turn a 4 man slug into only 1 hook 4 different times.

  • It is insurance against slugging. In most matches, the killer will pick you up. The ones they don't, Unbreakable is invaluable.

  • @ShamelessPigMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2158620#Comment_2158620

    I was thinking more in the case that the killer is just that good, so you're down a perk slot that could have been DS or DH. It's a downside based off of potential.

    You're running all 3 of those perks so you actually aren't losing much.

    That's why you see stacked second chance perks as the meta. BT/Unbreakable/DS/DH

    A couple swap outs for WGLF or Prove Thyself possibly.

    Basically they're all running a perk to counter tunneling/slugging/camping IE all your win conditions.

    If you're running all those second chance perks then there isn't really an opportunity cost because unless you or your team played bad that game should be won since the killer couldn't do any of those win conditions.

  • I think it's a decent perk I mean I don't get much use out of it but it can really help when 2 or 3 of your teammates are slugged. I've had maybe only 2-3 matches where I saved it for the endgame and it won me the match.

  • It doesn't get value every match, but when it does get value, the effect on the killer's momentum is enormous. It can enable a full recovery from a game that was straight-up lost, and turn what should have been 2 or 3 hooks (and only one or two players able to go for the save, which is very dangerous) into just one hook.

    Or it ends up being a wasted perk slot. But the effect is major enough to matter.

  • It's a perk that can completely negate pressure the killer is trying to build by letting you get yourself off the ground once without needing another survivor to stop working on a gen to do so.

    Of course you won't always get to use it every match, but it's certainly a very good perk.

  • You ever been 4 man slugged before? Because I'm a cause of that and unbreakable can completely turn those games around.

  • @Mr_K said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2158873#Comment_2158873

    You ever been 4 man slugged before? Because I'm a cause of that and unbreakable can completely turn those games around.

    I play Pig do you think I even have the capacity to have one man slugged

  • @ShamelessPigMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2158888#Comment_2158888

    I play Pig do you think I even have the capacity to have one man slugged

    Not without a party hat.

  • works better in swf groups due to the fact that you can get the killer to slug you. if you are playing solo, good luck using the perk. the perk is dead weight most of the time but when you get to use it it often turns games around

  • Killers don't usually leave me slugged, but when they do, this perk can save just me or it can allow me to save others as well. Unbreakable has taken me from death-imminent to live-to-die-another-day.

    Many perks are highly situational, but in the situations where Unbreakable is useful it's invaluable.

  • There needs to be a new pig skin where instead of putting those ugly RBTs on they put on an assortment of Trixie Mattel's wigs, with the eyeliner and stuff included, and instead of obnoxious beeping it's just Poker Face on loop

  • All depends if you're lucky enough to get slugged and the plonker leaves you and trots off to the other side of the map or not.


    Also, if you run Deliverance and make a save its a guaranteed jump off the hook. So unbreakable, Deliverance, BT and Kindred. I'd say is the best runner up....depending how loud your survivor is of course. So with bill I use all those but replace Kindred with iron will.

  • Unbreakable is top tier folks, any killer that's gonna give you a hard time more than likely has map pressure and is going to slug for the 4k given the opportunity, ONE survivor running unbreakable can flip the whole script and work to reset your whole team if used correctly essentially erasing the pressure and the time the killer invested