Nothing says I have no skill more so than NOED.

I love DBD, I discovered it like a year ago and have hundreds of hours of gameplay in it. I play Survivor and Killer equally. I remember when I started off playing as Killer, Noed was the best thing ever, down those annoying survivors with one smack, it was beautiful. But the truth is, it’s such a crap perk which obviously skews balance data making kills per game look much more balanced when it simply wasn’t deserved.


I can’t count how many games have ended with atleast two kills because of Noed when the killer was doing so badly doing regular time.


It’s honestly a joke of a perk for killers that don’t have skill, honestly when I see someone is using it I roll my eyes thinking I knew this is the kind of player that would be running it. It does surprise me when better killers use it from time to time.


I will admit though the only thing which makes it a little exciting is running around the map at the end looking for the totem to break it and knowing you could get spotted, never ever fun finding out you’re the first one downed by it though.

Comments

  • Nothing says i have no skill more so than complaining about noed

  • @Rivyn said:

    A perk entirely in the survivors hands on whether it activates or not, yet it's the killer who 'has no skill.' Funny stuff.

    Do bones.

    Do bones is not a valid argument when we still have no bone counters for solo survivors and the bones can spawn is extremely hidden spots. Take my last game for example: the entire game I cleansed 4 totems and did 3 gens on my own since my teammates were potatos and kept getting downed but of those 4 totems none of them were NOED and at the egc after I opened the exit gate I get downed and hooked while my 3 teammates escaped. I did almost all the work that game yet still died for it because noed exists not to mention I also de piped that game after doing 3 gens 4 totems and saving my teammates numerous times. I hope you know understand why every survivor player is sick of this damn perk and it needs to be adressed

  • Survivors: "NOED takes no skill!"

    Also Survivors: "I want to escape the killer by pressing E!"

  • This content has been removed.
  • @fr0sty1223 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2111760#Comment_2111760

    Do bones is not a valid argument when we still have no bone counters for solo survivors and the bones can spawn is extremely hidden spots. Take my last game for example: the entire game I cleansed 4 totems and did 3 gens on my own since my teammates were potatos and kept getting downed but of those 4 totems none of them were NOED and at the egc after I opened the exit gate I get downed and hooked while my 3 teammates escaped. I did almost all the work that game yet still died for it because noed exists not to mention I also de piped that game after doing 3 gens 4 totems and saving my teammates numerous times. I hope you know understand why every survivor player is sick of this damn perk and it needs to be adressed

    If you did three gens and four totems, you didn't depip. At worst, you black pipped.

    Since your squad were potatoes, you should have just left. You said you opened the gate, so it's not like you didn't have the option.

    "...but of those 4 totems none of them were NOED..." Because NOED doesn't activate until all gens are completed. It will always spawn on a random dull totem, not before.

    Small Game has been updated to have a totem counter. Or you can just use Detectives Hunch. Good perk, godly when used with a map.

    I'm not against a change to NOED, but again, the perk is entirely in survivors hands. While you may have that random game where totems actually have decent hiding spots, it's not all that often. More so on newer maps, but even then, most will spawn in the open.

  • Nah, NOED is fine.

    No skill perks are gen regression perks and dead hard

  • @Bumbus said:

    BOTB tournament: the strongest killer players in the world, literally everyone ran NOED.

    Spare us of your bs

    and those survivors have 2k+ hours in the game. what makes u think killers should use noed against some 50 hour dwight and megs in solo queue....

  • @oliviaa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2111662#Comment_2111662

    and those survivors have 2k+ hours in the game. what makes u think killers should use noed against some 50 hour dwight and megs in solo queue....


    Are you assuming that killers always have more hours than survivors and the opposite situation never happens in public games or what?

  • If you're having problems finding totems then you should look up how Hex Totems are actually laid out in the same pattern each time. So if you find one, based on where you are on the map you can have a good guess as to where you need to run to find another and so on.

  • @Killerdonut80 said:

    I love DBD, I discovered it like a year ago and have hundreds of hours of gameplay in it. I play Survivor and Killer equally. I remember when I started off playing as Killer, Noed was the best thing ever, down those annoying survivors with one smack, it was beautiful. But the truth is, it’s such a crap perk which obviously skews balance data making kills per game look much more balanced when it simply wasn’t deserved.

    I can’t count how many games have ended with atleast two kills because of Noed when the killer was doing so badly doing regular time.

    It’s honestly a joke of a perk for killers that don’t have skill, honestly when I see someone is using it I roll my eyes thinking I knew this is the kind of player that would be running it. It does surprise me when better killers use it from time to time.

    I will admit though the only thing which makes it a little exciting is running around the map at the end looking for the totem to break it and knowing you could get spotted, never ever fun finding out you’re the first one downed by it though.

    So NOED is no issue then, right?`If only the skillless use it, then they are outskilled anyway (matchmaking is to blame here), so it seems like the perfekt perk to bring at least some balance, right?

  • @Yords said:

    Well the survivors have plenty of second chance perks that all have no counterplay, while killers hardly have one. So what's to say about survivors running deliverance, DS, unbreakable, dead hard, or BT?

    I mena DS it's not a second chance però anymore, deliverance have so many ######### condition, UB it's situational very good but situational, BT it's literally just to make sure the survivor hooked don't die, dead hard it's the only true second chance perk now

  • @Progamer888 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2113288#Comment_2113288

    I mena DS it's not a second chance però anymore, deliverance have so many ######### condition, UB it's situational very good but situational, BT it's literally just to make sure the survivor hooked don't die, dead hard it's the only true second chance perk now

    Well DS can still act as a second chance perk in say endgame. You are unhooked, the killer tunnels you when you try to run to the exit gate and then the killer gets hit with DS. Deliverance is a bit tricky to activate, but it is still a second chance perk. Unbreakable is hard to activate but it still gives survivors a second chance. Dead hard is definitely a second chance perk though.

  • @Yords said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2116268#Comment_2116268

    Well DS can still act as a second chance perk in say endgame. You are unhooked, the killer tunnels you when you try to run to the exit gate and then the killer gets hit with DS. Deliverance is a bit tricky to activate, but it is still a second chance perk. Unbreakable is hard to activate but it still gives survivors a second chance. Dead hard is definitely a second chance perk though.

    I mean, if there was more than one survivor at the end game collapse you probably lost anyway, ds or no ds, for deliverance it's a perk that reward you for well saving a teammate, which it's enough for me to not consider it a second chance perk, and if you use it as a second chance perk (doing a risky save to get it to work) then the killer can just, down the unhooked guy, for UB, it's extremely situational, but can save your team, before when old ds still was well... old ds i considered UB a second chance perk, now it's just, something to use if the killer let you bleed out for 4 minutes, or if it's q slugging killer

  • @Killerdonut80 said:

    I love DBD, I discovered it like a year ago and have hundreds of hours of gameplay in it. I play Survivor and Killer equally. I remember when I started off playing as Killer, Noed was the best thing ever, down those annoying survivors with one smack, it was beautiful. But the truth is, it’s such a crap perk which obviously skews balance data making kills per game look much more balanced when it simply wasn’t deserved.

    I can’t count how many games have ended with atleast two kills because of Noed when the killer was doing so badly doing regular time.

    It’s honestly a joke of a perk for killers that don’t have skill, honestly when I see someone is using it I roll my eyes thinking I knew this is the kind of player that would be running it. It does surprise me when better killers use it from time to time.

    I will admit though the only thing which makes it a little exciting is running around the map at the end looking for the totem to break it and knowing you could get spotted, never ever fun finding out you’re the first one downed by it though.

    I play both so ill comment as survivor first. I run Small Game + Inner Strength. I cleansed 3 totems in a match and NOED still activated. Doing 3 totems at 14s a piece plus search time could've been an entire gen completed. Totems and risk of NOED either slows the game or benefits killer at the end. So I see totems in general healthy for the meta. NOED punishes survivors who don't want to slow the game down. Killer is running a handicap from the beginning so I think that they will get outplayed because they are have a 25% handicap.

    As a killer, NOED is unreliable but some killers enjoy the end game pressure and make builds around it (No way out, NOED, Blood Warden, Undying). Its a not a crutch perk at that point, but a strategy that punishes and puts a lot of pressure on end game. Most people don't do this strategy I know but still

  • Noed doesn't happen as often as people as people say.

  • If NOED says that, what does it say about the 4 survivors who can't cleanse bones or be bothered to? Going up to a totem and pressing M1 is very hard, right?

    NOED may do a lot at end-game but its the survivor faults in the end that led to that. Its a high risk high reward type perk, and by risk, I mean if you actually get a good team of survivors who focus on every aspect of the match, you're likely not even going to have it at end-game. But if you do, you can get some easy kills with it.

  • I play with Soul Guard, so I like to see noed 🤭

  • Oh no I don't have "Skill" in a video game.

    I guess the world is ending, how will I love if survivors don't think I'm skillful?

  • @TheDarkTyrant said:

    Noed doesn't happen as often as people as people say.

    I made a bet with someone that said "95% of killers run noed". I bet them the entire dlc content that I wouldnt even have half the people run in it 20 games straight. I got 5 games with 2 had totems cleansed and one the killer won before it went active so essentially just 2 games.

    I also bet that 75% of 20 more games would have at least someone running old DS which did turn out to be true.


    They lost both bets and I never expected them to deliver

  • The counter to this argument would be, if you were a smart solo or, team you would be breaking Hex totems before endgame. This is obviously harder to achieve in solo but, I certainly try. New Small Game perk buff will help.

    NOED is a crutch perk with no guarantee you will get value. It can help new players or slow killers pull some extra kills. Hopefully most people realize it's garbage after the learning phase.

  • @Killerdonut80 said:

    I love DBD, I discovered it like a year ago and have hundreds of hours of gameplay in it. I play Survivor and Killer equally. I remember when I started off playing as Killer, Noed was the best thing ever, down those annoying survivors with one smack, it was beautiful. But the truth is, it’s such a crap perk which obviously skews balance data making kills per game look much more balanced when it simply wasn’t deserved.

    I can’t count how many games have ended with atleast two kills because of Noed when the killer was doing so badly doing regular time.

    It’s honestly a joke of a perk for killers that don’t have skill, honestly when I see someone is using it I roll my eyes thinking I knew this is the kind of player that would be running it. It does surprise me when better killers use it from time to time.

    I will admit though the only thing which makes it a little exciting is running around the map at the end looking for the totem to break it and knowing you could get spotted, never ever fun finding out you’re the first one downed by it though.

    I've always defended NOED for the sake of new or unskilled killers, in the same way that DS is supposed to be for newer and unskilled survivors - or any other second chance perk. I think NOED is the only of it's kind that functions more like a survivor perk than a killer perk, in that you don't have to do much work to get use out of it. It's basically punishment for doing gens too quickly, and not taking care of totems.

    In regards to it skewing statistics, it seems irrelevant in red ranks, where a lot of perks and builds reveal how and where they can be exploited. I can't imagine the use of NOED is prevalent enough, or effective enough to alter kill rates outside of green ranks.

    Also, as soon as survivors get a bit better, NOED really starts to become easily countered. Anytime I see it when playing survivor, it's effective because the survivors are goofing around or not attending to their CYAs.

    At most, NOED is a perk that's simply annoying to deal with.

  • @IWasLeft2Die said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2116613#Comment_2116613

    I made a bet with someone that said "95% of killers run noed". I bet them the entire dlc content that I wouldnt even have half the people run in it 20 games straight. I got 5 games with 2 had totems cleansed and one the killer won before it went active so essentially just 2 games.

    I also bet that 75% of 20 more games would have at least someone running old DS which did turn out to be true.

    They lost both bets and I never expected them to deliver

    :|

  • @Bumbus said:

    BOTB tournament: the strongest killer players in the world, literally everyone ran NOED.

    Spare us of your bs

    Spare us your bs the only reason someone would bring up that as a fact to ok the use of noed means you use it on the daily because without it you'd rack no kills I am a rank one survivor and i don't use crutch perks like ds or self care never had I use my brain to calculate how the killer acts to get around it if a killer uses noed they simply have no skill it's a crutch and that's that it's for the pathetic losers that can't get a single kill in a game to feel better about their loss because they suck its simply a perk for the ones afraid to lose a game because they are pathetic cowards if you use it that's what you are a literal coward nothing more your pathetic and it proves that you need something that makes you 1 hit to down instead of playing smart you play like a loser

  • @Monkey_OG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2111662#Comment_2111662

    Spare us your bs the only reason someone would bring up that as a fact to ok the use of noed means you use it on the daily because without it you'd rack no kills I am a rank one survivor and i don't use crutch perks like ds or self care never had I use my brain to calculate how the killer acts to get around it if a killer uses noed they simply have no skill it's a crutch and that's that it's for the pathetic losers that can't get a single kill in a game to feel better about their loss because they suck its simply a perk for the ones afraid to lose a game because they are pathetic cowards if you use it that's what you are a literal coward nothing more your pathetic and it proves that you need something that makes you 1 hit to down instead of playing smart you play like a loser

    Woah, plenty of words in a single sentence. If you want to bait, at least make the bait readable.

  • It's a perk that has strength at the end of the game but can be countered hard.

    Adrenaline and ds and dead hard work in this manner as well. Skill is irrelevant. You see survivors with these perks in every match to not bring a weapon to the weapon hour is dumb.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2114182#Comment_2114182

    Here's a wild thought..There's this REALLY neat perk called Detectives Hunch 🤷

    And Small Game.

  • @Rivyn said:

    A perk entirely in the survivors hands on whether it activates or not, yet it's the killer who 'has no skill.' Funny stuff.

    Do bones.

    Yes spend all game looking for totems and hoping your team does them too if the killer even brings the perk. Wow such a counter it's almost like it's a powerful perk

1 2 ›