Survivors need to hear this again.

I know this has probably been said a lot of to them but out of 5 in my last 20 games survivors have called camping and tunneling in these situations.

1st. If you 3 gen yourselves and I hook someone near a gen you bet your pants that I will eventually patrol back to that gen and hook. That is not camping.


2nd. If are on your 2nd hook and you purposely go for the body block, taunt, or just try to get my aggro and you get downed easily and die. That is not tunneling.


Some wacky survivors playing today. (Also Trickster is not OP now because he got some buffs)

Comments

    1. Even if it was camping. Who cares? There's no rule against camping and you don't owe survivors an explanation.
    2. Again - even if it was. Who cares? Survivors ######### about anything. Just kill them, any means necessary. That's literally your objective. Don't let them gatekeep your gameplay just because "they didn't have fun". It's not your job for them to have fun.
  • Preach on, Brother JimbusCrimbus!

  • You should post this in the post-match chat.

  • I love when I hook someone in basement, then the game snowballs into 3 slugged around shack, and survivors try to tell me I was camping the whole game.

    Like... where the hell am I supposed to go when Im in a constant state of downing, picking up, and carrying survivors back to the basement?

    Not my fault you ran into shack in my LOS before I even walked 16m away.

  • Why do post like this keep popping up. If you know camping and tunneling are the best options in your situation do it, who cares if the survivors in post game chat say otherwise.

  • @JimbusCrimbus said:

    1. Even if it was camping. Who cares? There's no rule against camping and you don't owe survivors an explanation.
    2. Again - even if it was. Who cares? Survivors ######### about anything. Just kill them, any means necessary. That's literally your objective. Don't let them gatekeep your gameplay just because "they didn't have fun". It's not your job for them to have fun.

    That last sentence is literally everything that's wrong with this game, on both sides, writ large.

  • @MeVsYouOfficial said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2110062#Comment_2110062

    Honestly I disagree, but you're right, there are no rules against it. I just lose respect for you as a player if you hard face camp or only go after 1 player to Mori them or something, lol. It's not your job for other players to have fun, but you're knowingly making it less fun by doing this, especially when you explain it this way. Hey, play how you want as long as you're not breaking any rules, but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

    Your respect means literally nothing to me, and 99% of other killers. You don't know us. You may have lost respect, I never had it.

    I respect people I know, who have earned my respect.

  • @JimbusCrimbus said:

    1. Even if it was camping. Who cares? There's no rule against camping and you don't owe survivors an explanation.
    2. Again - even if it was. Who cares? Survivors ######### about anything. Just kill them, any means necessary. That's literally your objective. Don't let them gatekeep your gameplay just because "they didn't have fun". It's not your job for them to have fun.

    I care because if I camp and/or tunnel I derank and barely get any bloodpoints meanwhile survivors can gen rush, play hide and seek, use perksa gainst camping/tunneling/slugging and just escape through the hatch without even having to finish the objectives and they will still get 999 pips.

  • @papabear2009 said:

    I know this has probably been said a lot of to them but out of 5 in my last 20 games survivors have called camping and tunneling in these situations.

    1st. If you 3 gen yourselves and I hook someone near a gen you bet your pants that I will eventually patrol back to that gen and hook. That is not camping.

    2nd. If are on your 2nd hook and you purposely go for the body block, taunt, or just try to get my aggro and you get downed easily and die. That is not tunneling.

    Some wacky survivors playing today. (Also Trickster is not OP now because he got some buffs)

    *some survivors

  • @RenTheCat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2110062#Comment_2110062

    I care because if I camp and/or tunnel I derank and barely get any bloodpoints meanwhile survivors can gen rush, play hide and seek, use perksa gainst camping/tunneling/slugging and just escape through the hatch without even having to finish the objectives and they will still get 999 pips.

    That's funny, cause every time I get called a "Camper" or a "tunneler", I double pip, nearly every time, and get a ton of bloodpoints.

    Are you telling me that the majority of survivors don't actually know what either of those things are?

    *shock*

  • @MeVsYouOfficial said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2110522#Comment_2110522

    I guess you're just proving my point, lol. That's fine, it's not going to affect me in any way other than my feelings for that match, but you're literally saying that you don't care about the other side having fun. Like I said before, as a player, I will lose respect for you if you hard face camp or tunnel, but trust that it's not going to ruin my day :)

    I'll wave that flag proudly. I didn't buy this game, or any other game, to be a babysitter. I don't do things for the purpose of you not having fun, iI simply don't care whether you have fun or not. It's not mine or anyone elses job for the other side to have fun. Killer or survivor. Any other mindset is pure entitlement and toxic.

    When is the last time you bought ANY OTHER PvP game (and that's what DBD is - a PvP game, not a damn babysitter simulator) like Call of Duty or something similar and thought "Man, I hope I can make this fun for everyone on the opposite team that I'm supposed to be relentlessly murdering!" ? Probably never.

    Do you think it's fun for killers to have to run around in circles around every pallet, be dead harded for distance, be body blocked at hooks etc? No. But we do it. If you spawned in next to a killers hex totem, would you simply not destroy it for the killers sake? I'd bet not - and if you say yes, you're in the extreme minority.

    Knock it off with the "you're a bad person because you don't care about anyone elses fun". There is NOTHING wrong with playing to win and you are absolutely TOXIC to the community for trying to shame people for it. Shame on you.

    https://clips.twitch.tv/FrozenDepressedOysterDendiFace-lJLF0hwp8eZJYXgP


  • I get the point but not every survivor Is like this.

  • If survivors has caused the situation of a 3 gen, or foolishly run around in circles close to the hooked survivor (saw that today, and even as another survivor I was frustrated seeing that) then they don't have a leg to stand on.

    Play how you wish to play, but just keep in mind that no matter what you do, this won't stop others from seeing it differently. You could play the friendliest round possible, and whatever your opponent - killer or survivor - may well find something to complain about, if they are of that mind.

    Ignore (or respond in a jokey way), block and move on. Best way for it.

  • @JimbusCrimbus said:

    1. Even if it was camping. Who cares? There's no rule against camping and you don't owe survivors an explanation.
    2. Again - even if it was. Who cares? Survivors ######### about anything. Just kill them, any means necessary. That's literally your objective. Don't let them gatekeep your gameplay just because "they didn't have fun". It's not your job for them to have fun.

    As a wise man once said "I'm the killer. Its my job to kill you" (some of you may know who I'm talking about). But that is very true. From the way survivors play, I don't even want to hear about how we play the game. Camping, slugging, "tunneling" (which has 1 million different definitions), who cares. Survivors will bring op meta perks and add-ons, blast through gens like there's no tomorrow, and do toxic behaviors.

  • Say gg and move on.

    Posting this on the forums isn’t going to get those survivors to understand your viewpoints.

  • @papabear2009 said:

    I know this has probably been said a lot of to them but out of 5 in my last 20 games survivors have called camping and tunneling in these situations.

    1st. If you 3 gen yourselves and I hook someone near a gen you bet your pants that I will eventually patrol back to that gen and hook. That is not camping.

    2nd. If are on your 2nd hook and you purposely go for the body block, taunt, or just try to get my aggro and you get downed easily and die. That is not tunneling.

    Some wacky survivors playing today. (Also Trickster is not OP now because he got some buffs)

    I only agree with what they're calling "Tunneling". But you are most certainly camping. You said yourself that you're constantly going back to the hook.

  • Killers need to hear this again...

    You're playing against other people, not bots. You're actively removing another person's ability to play the game. Something that survivors are incapable of doing to the killer. No side should be able to do this.

  • @JimbusCrimbus said:

    1. Even if it was camping. Who cares? There's no rule against camping and you don't owe survivors an explanation.
    2. Again - even if it was. Who cares? Survivors ######### about anything. Just kill them, any means necessary. That's literally your objective. Don't let them gatekeep your gameplay just because "they didn't have fun". It's not your job for them to have fun.

    please find a new game if the only way u can secure a kill (BESIDES EGC) is through camping or tunneling. if a survivor was being genuinely toxic then it's warranted, but tunneling and camping someone in the beginning-middle of the game only hurts u in the long run

  • @papabear2009 said:

    I know this has probably been said a lot of to them but out of 5 in my last 20 games survivors have called camping and tunneling in these situations.

    1st. If you 3 gen yourselves and I hook someone near a gen you bet your pants that I will eventually patrol back to that gen and hook. That is not camping.

    2nd. If are on your 2nd hook and you purposely go for the body block, taunt, or just try to get my aggro and you get downed easily and die. That is not tunneling.

    Some wacky survivors playing today. (Also Trickster is not OP now because he got some buffs)

    This is hilarious. The whole "bet your pants" killed me 😂😂

  • @Zixology said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/242837/survivors-need-to-hear-this-again

    I only agree with what they're calling "Tunneling". But you are most certainly camping. You said yourself that you're constantly going back to the hook.

    Yeah man, I felt that 👏 this right here bro says it all.

  • @MeVsYouOfficial said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2110062#Comment_2110062

    Honestly I disagree, but you're right, there are no rules against it. I just lose respect for you as a player if you hard face camp or only go after 1 player to Mori them or something, lol. It's not your job for other players to have fun, but you're knowingly making it less fun by doing this, especially when you explain it this way. Hey, play how you want as long as you're not breaking any rules, but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

    I really think that is the big distinction. There's a difference between playing a game and knowingly ruining the fun for other players. Face camping (outside of EGC) is actively ruining the fun for other players.

  • I had a game where I hooked every survivor twice, killed one.

    Then killed a guy because he hid in a bush nearby afted being unhooked without iron will and I'm a tunneler lmao.

  • @Zixology said:

    Killers need to hear this again...

    You're playing against other people, not bots. You're actively removing another person's ability to play the game. Something that survivors are incapable of doing to the killer. No side should be able to do this.

    Almost like the killer is your opponent who trying to defeat you in a video game.

    A killers job is to kill you not help escort you out the exit gate.

  • Wait...Do you really care about what survivors says in endgame chat ?

  • People complain too much about camping and tunneling. It does happen a lot but honestly, it doesn't happen AS much as some think it does. At least not in Red Ranks.

  • @TheDarkTyrant said:

    People complain too much about camping and tunneling. It does happen a lot but honestly, it doesn't happen AS much as some think it does. At least not in Red Ranks.

    How do you think half of those stay rank 1?

  • I think Tr3 said it best. "Just because the killer downs you doesn't mean he's OP."

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2112241#Comment_2112241

    Almost like the killer is your opponent who trying to defeat you in a video game.

    A killers job is to kill you not help escort you out the exit gate.

    No one said it wasn't their job to kill.

    What I'm saying is that people would like to spend more than 60 seconds in a match.

  • @MeVsYouOfficial said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2110062#Comment_2110062

    Honestly I disagree, but you're right, there are no rules against it. I just lose respect for you as a player if you hard face camp or only go after 1 player to Mori them or something, lol. It's not your job for other players to have fun, but you're knowingly making it less fun by doing this, especially when you explain it this way. Hey, play how you want as long as you're not breaking any rules, but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

    Mori's are useless now. And don't worry, I lose respect for anyone who plays in SWF. And yes I know some people do it just to play with friends, but its still an unfair advantage in a game designed with lack of communication in mind.

  • @Zixology said:

    Killers need to hear this again...

    You're playing against other people, not bots. You're actively removing another person's ability to play the game. Something that survivors are incapable of doing to the killer. No side should be able to do this.

    Never heard of a key?

  • @oliviaa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2110062#Comment_2110062

    please find a new game if the only way u can secure a kill (BESIDES EGC) is through camping or tunneling. if a survivor was being genuinely toxic then it's warranted, but tunneling and camping someone in the beginning-middle of the game only hurts u in the long run

    I never once said I can only secure a kill by camping or tunneling. Imagine manufacturing things that hard.

    Besides - camping/tunneling aren't against the rules. Maybe I'll do it more. Just to spite you telling me not to. Stop gatekeeping, bud.

    Sit.

  • This content has been removed.
  • I can say honestly that when I’m a killer, if I try to make a point not to tunnel, some ( ***please note that I said some it looking to back and forth drama) make a point to actually harass me. It’s like I hooked you, you were unhooked and then you decided to find me with out healing, to click your fl at me and tbag?!?! LOL yeah I’m going to kill you!!!!

    most survivors seem to dc the second I catch them lately too ...

  • @MeVsYouOfficial said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2110062#Comment_2110062

    Honestly I disagree, but you're right, there are no rules against it. I just lose respect for you as a player if you hard face camp or only go after 1 player to Mori them or something, lol. It's not your job for other players to have fun, but you're knowingly making it less fun by doing this, especially when you explain it this way. Hey, play how you want as long as you're not breaking any rules, but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

    Killers have not fun with genrush, teabagging, keys, instaheals, New parts , 2 chances and soo on.

  • @Zixology said:

    Killers need to hear this again...

    You're playing against other people, not bots. You're actively removing another person's ability to play the game. Something that survivors are incapable of doing to the killer. No side should be able to do this.

    You dont know genrush you dont?

  • This content has been removed.
  • @TTV_WAWAbyWibWib said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2118060#Comment_2118060

    Fun is subjective. As a killer I prefer when good survivors try to genrush me, bring items, use perks and have that "fighting" energy that often accompanies survivors who do teabag. I want to find confident survivors who have experience to tell them that their skills back it up working with other good survivors playing as efficiently as possible because THOSE games are the most exciting and the most likely to be challenging and make me really play.

    Yes I totally agree. But like You said fun is subjective, so some other player maybe think different. I like challanges to, but only when fair. I also like when matches are more then 5 minutes, and I can try shots and things. But I understand DBD is more like a race, when few errors can cost you the game both sides. Just slow the game a little bit for me.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @TTV_WAWAbyWibWib said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2118089#Comment_2118089

    I have seen people complain to me that I slugged them for 4 minutes and other people LOST THEIR HEADS and thought it was the most amazing, sophisticated thing. I have seen people complain about friendly farming and I have seen others complain about trying too hard. If you try to please everyone, you still run the risk of people not liking it. In customs that is great, you can find like minded people but in matchmaking, just do what you're passionate about and don't apologize.

    Yesss sure. I play like I want instead. I only presonally complaining for balance and for a quality of life mediun experience. Because in medium players wants to play, feel have a chance to Win and enjoy the match with not too much oppression. Some high level enjoy super hard chance, and even for me feel suoer good to win a super difficult one. But presonally I like if every player can enjoy the game both side. So for me, even if we have perks to help, the game would be more fun for all with less tunnel, camp, slug and genrush. Hope mmr will help, because is certain that we see too much player complain, so have not much fun.

  • This content has been removed.
  • If survivors give you crap about how you played in a match, just hit em with that "no one cares about the survivor rulebook for killers"

  • @MeVsYouOfficial said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2110544#Comment_2110544

    LOL, dude, you're taking this WAY too seriously. We can disagree, that's fine, but to say that someone is just straight up entitled and toxic because of their opinion? I never even said you were a "bad person", I said that I lose respect as a player, that's it. It's really not that big of a deal. It's already looked down upon, but I mean, it's not a bannable offense or anything. Same as spawn camping or just straight up camping in other games. But that's the point, DBD is unique, and the killer has a lot of things they can do to take power away from survivors, kind of like keys for them. It's just one of those things. Just chill out and play however you want as long as you're not breaking any rules.

    They aren't entitled or toxic because of their opinion. They're entitled and toxic for expecting the *other team*, in a PvP game, to do anything other than play by the *rules of the game* to appease their delicate sensibilities.

  • Agree with you survs call everything tuneling and camping these days

    And for the person promoting camping and tunelling in ur thread I just have to say "Git gud" no it's not against the rules it just proves you love to be toxic or ur just bad in game in general it's called common sense I myself am killer main who mains Pig and Demo and never does those things not to respect survs gameplay but to respect my own because I came to play a game and not "let's do starring contest while you're on hook "

  • Wait - killers are angry with survivors and survivors are angry with killers? Each side thinks that they're superior? When did this become a thing?