I'm starting to hate this game.

Camping.png

3rd Bubba in a ROW who's done this.

Hook someone in basement, camp, get someone else, camp...


And they say camping is okay for the game.

Go Figure.

Comments

  • Im disappointed.

    Bubba is not in the designated Bubba Corner. If he's going to uphold Bubba Basement Traditions he should be doing it right.

  • @Rougual said:

    Im disappointed.

    Bubba is not in the designated Bubba Corner. If he's going to uphold Bubba Basement Traditions he should be doing it right.

    They don't even hide it anymore.

    They're proud and happy about camping!

  • I started playing Bubba a lil while ago and it makes me sad that such a good killer is in basement with insidious the entire match

  • @ThanosPAWG said:

    I started playing Bubba a lil while ago and it makes me sad that such a good killer is in basement with insidious the entire match

    It's a waste of time for everyone and most importantly, unfun.


    It's an exploitation of the game's mechanic and just because the devs didn't flat out disprove of this, people started to take it for granted and made every single game a nightmare for everyone (except for the killer of course).


    It made me feel sad seeing my other survivors trying to approach the basement for a rescue but just had to circle around and give up.


    All the killer did was just do 360 turns using his mouse to scout the surroundings.

  • I think my favorite thing, is that you can face camp as bubba all the way to, and maintain yourself at red rank 1 doing it haha.

    God bless. I think it's second only to when you manage to 360 a saw and save someone from a face camp; and the Bubba rage disconnects; that's up there too.


    I don't know why you would be mad, it's an honor to be chosen by the bubba.

  • @Homemade_Cookies said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2100114#Comment_2100114

    It's a waste of time for everyone and most importantly, unfun.

    It's an exploitation of the game's mechanic and just because the devs didn't flat out disprove of this, people started to take it for granted and made every single game a nightmare for everyone (except for the killer of course).

    It made me feel sad seeing my other survivors trying to approach the basement for a rescue but just had to circle around and give up.

    All the killer did was just do 360 turns using his mouse to scout the surroundings.

    Unfun? Yes.

    An exploit? Absolutely not.

    The Devs have explicitly endorsed both camping and tunneling as valid strategies.

    Just move onto the next game.

  • I like that the image is called "camping.png"

  • Must be a good strategy if it's worked 3 times in a row.

  • @BSVben said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2100121#Comment_2100121

    Unfun? Yes.

    An exploit? Absolutely not.

    The Devs have explicitly endorsed both camping and tunneling as valid strategies.

    Just move onto the next game.

    Camping is an exploit.

    It wasn't intended by the devs. They just happened to allow since it'll cause all the ruckus by the community.

    Just like T-bagging is an exploit and moon-walking is.


    Bubba was meant to be a one-shotable killer like Hillbilly, but people started to exploit that and devised a dumb strategy to camp.


    Like I said, just because the devs allowed it to be "viable" it doesn't mean it's an intended result. Get that straight.

  • Insidious basement bubba is a meme and if someone wants to meme around once in a while and play like that they can.

  • @Homemade_Cookies said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2100136#Comment_2100136

    Camping is an exploit.

    It wasn't intended by the devs. They just happened to allow since it'll cause all the ruckus by the community.

    Just like T-bagging is an exploit and moon-walking is.

    Bubba was meant to be a one-shotable killer like Hillbilly, but people started to exploit that and devised a dumb strategy to camp.

    Like I said, just because the devs allowed it to be "viable" it doesn't mean it's an intended result. Get that straight.

    Yeah, thats why INSIDOUS exists. Makes so much sense /not

  • Was playing bubba yesterday and have fun with territorial imperetive, had 2 hooked in the basement and no-one showed on bbq, still left to let everyone get a good time. Had a bad chase and they all escaped, got t bagged and BM'ed at gates. What do you think i'm going to do next time?

  • @Homemade_Cookies said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2100136#Comment_2100136

    Camping is an exploit.

    It wasn't intended by the devs. They just happened to allow since it'll cause all the ruckus by the community.

    Just like T-bagging is an exploit and moon-walking is.

    Bubba was meant to be a one-shotable killer like Hillbilly, but people started to exploit that and devised a dumb strategy to camp.

    Like I said, just because the devs allowed it to be "viable" it doesn't mean it's an intended result. Get that straight.

    I think you need to do some research on the word exploit, especially in context with this game.

    Absolutely none, not one, of any of your examples are in any way exploits.

    You can teabag in any game where you can crouch. Same thing for any first person view multiplayer game.

    I hate to break it to you, but camping existed before hillbilly was introduced....

    And if you would have read my post correctly, you would have noticed that I stated that the Devs have EXPLICITLY stated that both camping and tunneling are ok. If you do a bit of research on the forum, I'm sure you can find the Devs response.

    Get that straight ๐Ÿ‘

  • @BSVben said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2100187#Comment_2100187

    I think you need to do some research on the word exploit, especially in context with this game.

    Absolutely none, not one, of any of your examples are in any way exploits.

    You can teabag in any game where you can crouch. Same thing for any first person view multiplayer game.

    I hate to break it to you, but camping existed before hillbilly was introduced....

    And if you would have read my post correctly, you would have noticed that I stated that the Devs have EXPLICITLY stated that both camping and tunneling are ok. If you do a bit of research on the forum, I'm sure you can find the Devs response.

    Get that straight ๐Ÿ‘

    Tell'em

  • @BSVben said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2100187#Comment_2100187

    I think you need to do some research on the word exploit, especially in context with this game.

    Absolutely none, not one, of any of your examples are in any way exploits.

    You can teabag in any game where you can crouch. Same thing for any first person view multiplayer game.

    I hate to break it to you, but camping existed before hillbilly was introduced....

    And if you would have read my post correctly, you would have noticed that I stated that the Devs have EXPLICITLY stated that both camping and tunneling are ok. If you do a bit of research on the forum, I'm sure you can find the Devs response.

    Get that straight ๐Ÿ‘

    Here is a definition of Exploit from Merriam Webster:

    "to make use of meanly or unfairly for one's own advantage"

    CAMPING IS AN EXPLOIT OF THE GAME'S DESIGN.

    Got that now?

    Geez now I must pull out the definition of words for yah? Just because you don't understand?


    I specifically mentioned that Bubba was never intended to be a camping meme during his development.

    Players, however started to exploit his capabilities and thus the whole camping Bubba started.


    Teabagging is the same.

    It's supposed to be used as a crouch mechanic and yet people started to use it as a toxic mean.

    That's an exploit of the developer's game design.


    Devs did state that camping and tunneling are viable, but they did say that it's not an optimal game decision. Meaning they have negative viewpoints about them.

    Sheesh.

  • @Homemade_Cookies said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2100209#Comment_2100209

    Here is a definition of Exploit from Merriam Webster:

    "to make use of meanly or unfairly for one's own advantage"

    CAMPING IS AN EXPLOIT OF THE GAME'S DESIGN.

    Got that now?

    Geez now I must pull out the definition of words for yah? Just because you don't understand?

    I specifically mentioned that Bubba was never intended to be a camping meme during his development.

    Players, however started to exploit his capabilities and thus the whole camping Bubba started.

    Teabagging is the same.

    It's supposed to be used as a crouch mechanic and yet people started to use it as a toxic mean.

    That's an exploit of the developer's game design.

    Devs did state that camping and tunneling are viable, but they did say that it's not an optimal game decision. Meaning they have negative viewpoints about them.

    Sheesh.

    Who are you to say what is or isn't intended by the game's design? Are you a developer?

    Developers are the ones who design the game and have a say in what is or isn't intended. If they say it's not an exploit of the game's design, then it's not an exploit of the game's design, because they are the ones who designed it in the first place.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2100224#Comment_2100224

    Who are you to say what is or isn't intended by the game's design? Are you a developer?

    Developers are the ones who design the game and have a say in what is or isn't intended. If they say it's not an exploit of the game's design, then it's not an exploit of the game's design, because they are the ones who designed it in the first place.

    So you really think camping was an intended feature of Dead By Daylight?

    You are telling me that the devs during alpha, beta, testing & release all had camping in mind and were okay with it?


    Dude, get real.


    Camping was founded by the players.

    You can do whatever sure, but at least acknowledge it was smth that was definitely not part of the game's inception and should be avoided since it's not the best way to play.

  • @Homemade_Cookies said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2100209#Comment_2100209

    Here is a definition of Exploit from Merriam Webster:

    "to make use of meanly or unfairly for one's own advantage"

    CAMPING IS AN EXPLOIT OF THE GAME'S DESIGN.

    Got that now?

    Geez now I must pull out the definition of words for yah? Just because you don't understand?

    I specifically mentioned that Bubba was never intended to be a camping meme during his development.

    Players, however started to exploit his capabilities and thus the whole camping Bubba started.

    Teabagging is the same.

    It's supposed to be used as a crouch mechanic and yet people started to use it as a toxic mean.

    That's an exploit of the developer's game design.

    Devs did state that camping and tunneling are viable, but they did say that it's not an optimal game decision. Meaning they have negative viewpoints about them.

    Sheesh.

    Yet again I implore you to actually read my posts before pulling out a dictionary and replying.

    I specifically said "in the context of this game".

    An exploit, as widely accepted in the context of this game, is an unintended feature utilised and abused as a means to gain an unfair advantage.

    The Devs make a point of patching out any known exploits, i.e. forever mending legion etc...

    Teabagging is irritating but provides no unfair advantage.

    Yes the Devs stated that camping is not an optimal game decision. Meaning that it's not optimal for the killers gameplay. I.e. it hurts the killer, in the form of pressure loss, BP's and depipping. It doesn't mean any other reason that you are trying to interpret it as.

    If you are going to reply to me again, I would advise you to actually read my post properly, and think before clicking the post comment button.

  • @Homemade_Cookies said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2100227#Comment_2100227

    So you really think camping was an intended feature of Dead By Daylight?

    You are telling me that the devs during alpha, beta, testing & release all had camping in mind and were okay with it?

    Dude, get real.

    Camping was founded by the players.

    You can do whatever sure, but at least acknowledge it was smth that was definitely not part of the game's inception and should be avoided since it's not the best way to play.

    Facecamping - real facecamping, where the killer blocks the survivors' "unhook" interaction - was not intended. As such, it was fixed. That's the only type of camping that was not intended, and it was removed. What does that tell you?

  • @BSVben said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2100224#Comment_2100224

    Yet again I implore you to actually read my posts before pulling out a dictionary and replying.

    I specifically said "in the context of this game".

    An exploit, as widely accepted in the context of this game, is an unintended feature utilised and abused as a means to gain an unfair advantage.

    The Devs make a point of patching out any known exploits, i.e. forever mending legion etc...

    Teabagging is irritating but provides no unfair advantage.

    Yes the Devs stated that camping is not an optimal game decision. Meaning that it's not optimal for the killers gameplay. I.e. it hurts the killer, in the form of pressure loss, BP's and depipping. It doesn't mean any other reason that you are trying to interpret it as.

    If you are going to reply to me again, I would advise you to actually read my post properly, and think before clicking the post comment button.

    You literally added a few words in front of the definition I pulled out of, so go figure.


    And plus, you should also read my post again before replying.

    I said that camping was an exploit of the GAME'S DESIGN.

    Meaning Dead By Daylight was meant to be played as a continuous, paced game, not sit and stare stimulation.


    Is this so hard for people to understand? Why's everyone pretending that camping is not normal nor was it intended by the devs from the very start?


    The devs frown upon tea-bagging, camping, tunneling and etc, but that doesn't mean they can straight-out ban it.

    Because, like they said: "It's a viable option".

    And I repeat myself again, sure do whatever you please, but what's so hard about acknowledging it's a literal exploit of a killer and a game mechanic ๐Ÿค”?

  • @Homemade_Cookies said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2100234#Comment_2100234

    You literally added a few words in front of the definition I pulled out of, so go figure.

    And plus, you should also read my post again before replying.

    I said that camping was an exploit of the GAME'S DESIGN.

    Meaning Dead By Daylight was meant to be played as a continuous, paced game, not sit and stare stimulation.

    Is this so hard for people to understand? Why's everyone pretending that camping is not normal nor was it intended by the devs from the very start?

    The devs frown upon tea-bagging, camping, tunneling and etc, but that doesn't mean they can straight-out ban it.

    Because, like they said: "It's a viable option".

    And I repeat myself again, sure do whatever you please, but what's so hard about acknowledging it's a literal exploit of a killer and a game mechanic ๐Ÿค”?

    And I repeat myself again, sure do whatever you please, but what's so hard about acknowledging it's a literal exploit of a killer and a game mechanic ๐Ÿค”?

    Because it's simply not true. I will not "acknowledge" this any more than I will "acknowledge" the Earth is flat, and neither will anyone else.

    You are not the person who determines what is or isn't intended, that's up to the devs. If they say it's intended, then that's the end of it.

  • @ilovedbd123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2100224#Comment_2100224

    Idk who merriam Webster is, but the definition is this:

    exploit (Noun) A program or technique that exploits a vulnerability in other software.

    So this is saying you need to use 3rd party software or a glitch to do something you shouldnt be able to do.

    Your definition is talking about behavioural exploitation. Something you do in real life, not the computer exploits, which is what people refer to when saying something is an exploit.

    Maybe it's you who doesn't understand words sir.

    Bubba wasn't intended to be able to Excell at camping, neither was twins. But everyone who played killer understood that they suck in a chase and have next to no map pressure (twins can only access one person (Charlotte or Victor) at any time so they need to hold important places) so they need to camp to win, as whilst it's not fun there's no other way to compete.

    Teabagging is just toxic, and can be used to get attention. It sucks, but it's not an exploit.

    They said they endorsed camping and tunneling (meaning it's fine) and that they wouldn't punish it not because they couldn't but because they think it would make the game that bit less playable as killer.

    And everyone has negative viewpoints on them, we all know it's scummy, but that doesn't mean it's any less acceptable to do. Your allowed to do it, sometimes you even have to do it.

    If your saying otherwise (most streamers have said that tunneling is necessary in high levels of play, especially when MMR comes out they will excuse camping as it'll highlight the flaws in the game) then your of the minority here bud, and so you haven't been put against players that are good and had to deal with them. Also how long have you played killer (how many hours, as rank means very little).

    I mean, if you don't know a world-famous dictionary then that's not MY fault.

    And no, that's not the definition of the word in this context.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2100239#Comment_2100239

    And I repeat myself again, sure do whatever you please, but what's so hard about acknowledging it's a literal exploit of a killer and a game mechanic ๐Ÿค”?

    Because it's simply not true. I will not "acknowledge" this any more than I will "acknowledge" the Earth is flat, and neither will anyone else.

    You are not the person who determines what is or isn't intended, that's up to the devs. If they say it's intended, then that's the end of it.

    But they never said it was intended did they?

    And knowing most developers, do you really think camping was a mechanic the devs were fully aware of?

    Why would they frown upon it then, if they are perfectly fine with it?


    I can read between the lines and deep down you know it's not a normal thing to do. It's just widely accepted now.

  • @Homemade_Cookies said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2100244#Comment_2100244

    But they never said it was intended did they?

    And knowing most developers, do you really think camping was a mechanic the devs were fully aware of?

    Why would they frown upon it then, if they are perfectly fine with it?

    I can read between the lines and deep down you know it's not a normal thing to do. It's just widely accepted now.

    But they never said it was intended did they?

    Dunno, I don't read every statement they make. However, based on your question, I'm guessing they never said it wasn't intended either.

    And knowing most developers, do you really think camping was a mechanic the devs were fully aware of?

    Yes? It was there from day one, and they acknowledged real facecamping (and only real facecamping) as an exploit.

    Why would they frown upon it then, if they are perfectly fine with it?

    Just because it's not an exploit doesn't mean they're "perfectly fine with it". Those things are not related in any way.

    For example, speed runners often use glitches to maximize the speed at which they complete games. Developers are fine with that, even though that's exploiting the game. One does not imply the other.

    I can read between the lines and deep down you know it's not a normal thing to do. It's just widely accepted now.

    "Reading between the lines" is often just "projecting my opinions onto someone else", which is what you're doing. If you don't even accept the devs' own words, how do you expect to argue your point?

  • @Homemade_Cookies said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2100136#Comment_2100136

    Camping is an exploit.

    It wasn't intended by the devs. They just happened to allow since it'll cause all the ruckus by the community.

    Just like T-bagging is an exploit and moon-walking is.

    Bubba was meant to be a one-shotable killer like Hillbilly, but people started to exploit that and devised a dumb strategy to camp.

    Like I said, just because the devs allowed it to be "viable" it doesn't mean it's an intended result. Get that straight.

    tbagging and moonwalking

    fuckinbubba.PNG


  • @Homemade_Cookies said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2100234#Comment_2100234

    You literally added a few words in front of the definition I pulled out of, so go figure.

    And plus, you should also read my post again before replying.

    I said that camping was an exploit of the GAME'S DESIGN.

    Meaning Dead By Daylight was meant to be played as a continuous, paced game, not sit and stare stimulation.

    Is this so hard for people to understand? Why's everyone pretending that camping is not normal nor was it intended by the devs from the very start?

    The devs frown upon tea-bagging, camping, tunneling and etc, but that doesn't mean they can straight-out ban it.

    Because, like they said: "It's a viable option".

    And I repeat myself again, sure do whatever you please, but what's so hard about acknowledging it's a literal exploit of a killer and a game mechanic ๐Ÿค”?

    No. What actually happened was that you tried to prove a point by bringing out a particular dictionary definition of a word to fit your narrative. That's because you don't understand that context is king in discussions.

    "Dead by Daylight was meant to be played as a continuous, paced gam, not sit and stare simulation." That is solely YOUR OPINION. Players are free to play the game in any way they see fit, within the established rules.

    Have the Devs stated that they frown upon teabagging, camping or tunneling? If so, where have they stated this? If not, can you please stop trying to impose your own opinions in their place?

  • Seriously if this thread is anything to go by, I think you need to do less "reading in between the lines" and more reading and comprehending of what is actually on the lines.

    It will save you a lot in the long run.

  • @ilovedbd123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2100246#Comment_2100246

    It literally is though. And it's not world famous dude. Its literally just well known and used in America. Stop acting so high and mighty.

    The example it uses in this version of the dictionary.

    to make use of meanly or unfairly for one's own advantage

    exploiting migrant farm workers.

    It isn't behavioural exploitation, mb.

    Its social exploitation, not in game/ technical exploitation. These have separate definitions.

    To exploit in a game means to use 3rd party software or glitches to gain an unfair advantage over your opponents. An example of this in league of legends is the glitch where xerath (a champion in the game) could hit everyone from one spot by aiming an ability at a certain spot in the map. That's a glitch that wasn't meant to be there, but was abused.

    If you refuse to see this, then there is no point Debating someone who clearly lacks a fundamental understanding of the game and it's terminology. Also, surely Google's definition is more world wide then that dictionary? Just a thought.

    You really think Google has their own dictionary up their sleeves? Lol, that's a good one.

    Merriam Webster is 190 years old.

    Google takes everything from other sources, I thought you knew that by now.


    And let me be clear once more:

    @Homemade_Cookies said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2100209#Comment_2100209

    Here is a definition of Exploit from Merriam Webster:

    "to make use of meanly or unfairly for one's own advantage"

    CAMPING IS AN EXPLOIT OF THE GAME'S DESIGN.

    Got that now?

    Geez now I must pull out the definition of words for yah? Just because you don't understand?

    I specifically mentioned that Bubba was never intended to be a camping meme during his development.

    Players, however started to exploit his capabilities and thus the whole camping Bubba started.

    Teabagging is the same.

    It's supposed to be used as a crouch mechanic and yet people started to use it as a toxic mean.

    That's an exploit of the developer's game design.

    Devs did state that camping and tunneling are viable, but they did say that it's not an optimal game decision. Meaning they have negative viewpoints about them.

    Sheesh.

    "CAMPING IS AN EXPLOIT OF THE GAME'S DESIGN."

    You see that word there? Design?

    Yeah so no sh%^ Sherlock, it ain't a program related exploitation.


    And if you still don't get it, don't even bother replying.

  • Can you elaborate your point please?

    A simple picture and a context-less caption doesn't really say much.

  • @BSVben said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2100239#Comment_2100239

    No. What actually happened was that you tried to prove a point by bringing out a particular dictionary definition of a word to fit your narrative. That's because you don't understand that context is king in discussions.

    "Dead by Daylight was meant to be played as a continuous, paced gam, not sit and stare simulation." That is solely YOUR OPINION. Players are free to play the game in any way they see fit, within the established rules.

    Have the Devs stated that they frown upon teabagging, camping or tunneling? If so, where have they stated this? If not, can you please stop trying to impose your own opinions in their place?

    You do realize this started off as a Bubba camping thing right?

    It just happened to have strained into a general "camping" discussion.


    Like I said, do whatever you please.

    Camp, Tunnel, T-bag whatever.

    But you should also acknowledge that it's a ridiculous decision for both parties. It's called self-reflection. People should try it more often.


    And regarding devs' comments, I can't find the exact source but this post says it pretty clear.

    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/133831408 I'd like to go through points of the stream that I personally found to be interesting. I'll be listing them chronologically, and it just so happens that the first thing on the list turned this stream into my favorite one ever. 40:15-40:45 Despite all the footage and contradictions from the devs that I've tried to gather in my previous debates about camping, this right here is the greatest thing that's been said, and I wish that this would end the debate...

    So judging by the comments, the devs said it's okay, but they are frowning upon it saying it's dumb even for dumb killers.


    So all in all, I still remain by the fact that Bubba is a killer who exploits camping to the max.

    While I do dislike camping, it's a choice, but Bubba is just on a whole nother level.

  • @Homemade_Cookies said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2100266#Comment_2100266

    You do realize this started off as a Bubba camping thing right?

    It just happened to have strained into a general "camping" discussion.

    Like I said, do whatever you please.

    Camp, Tunnel, T-bag whatever.

    But you should also acknowledge that it's a ridiculous decision for both parties. It's called self-reflection. People should try it more often.

    And regarding devs' comments, I can't find the exact source but this post says it pretty clear.

    https://steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/135513549098969802/

    So judging by the comments, the devs said it's okay, but they are frowning upon it saying it's dumb even for dumb killers.

    So all in all, I still remain by the fact that Bubba is a killer who exploits camping to the max.

    While I do dislike camping, it's a choice, but Bubba is just on a whole nother level.

    Like every other reply in this thread, you are grasping at the wrong end of the stick.

    If you would have started a thread saying that face camping is scummy etc.. the I think most people would have been on board. Where you have lost everyone is whn you have tried to insist that it is specifically an exploit, as opposed to a cheap game tactic.

    As your own words say, it is a dumb tactic. Meaning not beneficial to the killer. This does not equate to an exploit.

    I'm glad that you brought up the concept of self reflection, as I feel it would serve you well to reflect on your tenuous grasp of this games core mechanics, as well as debates in general.

  • @BSVben said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2100278#Comment_2100278

    Like every other reply in this thread, you are grasping at the wrong end of the stick.

    If you would have started a thread saying that face camping is scummy etc.. the I think most people would have been on board. Where you have lost everyone is whn you have tried to insist that it is specifically an exploit, as opposed to a cheap game tactic.

    As your own words say, it is a dumb tactic. Meaning not beneficial to the killer. This does not equate to an exploit.

    I'm glad that you brought up the concept of self reflection, as I feel it would serve you well to reflect on your tenuous grasp of this games core mechanics, as well as debates in general.

    I mean, you thought this was a debate?

    Sorry to break it to you, but I don't find a simple forum post regarding a 5+ year old game a debate unless it's super serious.


    You have your points, I have mine. Agree to disagree. And I never wanted to win everyone. Simple as that.


    Ya'll are pretty much nobodies on the internet.

    We'll never meet, talk nor spend time together so why would I even invest anything personal to you all? Silly.


    Do what you wish and stay cool.

  • I do not care how is is called.. It is ruining the game for everyone.. Esp. now around the rank reset killers seem to love to see survivors not have fun. And to me most of the killers do not understand that piping is not tied to BPs and rank is not tied to skills... Otherwise I have no idea why would anyone choose this over normal gameplay... You are either dumb, cruel or scum%bag and trying to kill this game from inside.

    If that would be once in a Blue Moon, I would be fine with that. Or if it is Basement Bubba defending a chest. I do not care if I die, as long as I at least pip or have fun, but past few months, it seems that the killer base got worse. I am really considering to go and play just killer now, instead of both side, so at least some of the survivors can have fun.

    I got killers sending us to the most broken map, yes I am talking about you Autohaven, just so they can camp easily bc they do not need to be afraid of pallets coz you know, there are non on one side of the map.. and if there are, they ain't working anyway coz you can get hit through them...

    I really do not know if majority of the players I stand against are just cruel or compensating something, but if you get killers either camping or tunneling (or both) in 10 games in row, then there is something wrong with the game...

    This stupid "tactic" used to be use by low rank killers back in the day, but now seems everyone loves to use it... If the bugs won't kill the game, the community deff will.. I stopped playing at 2017 for the same reason.. came back at 2020, got to red ranks and was hoping that this stupid sh%t is nowhere to be seen in red, oh boy I was wrong.

  • @Homemade_Cookies said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2100289#Comment_2100289

    I mean, you thought this was a debate?

    Sorry to break it to you, but I don't find a simple forum post regarding a 5+ year old game a debate unless it's super serious.

    You have your points, I have mine. Agree to disagree. And I never wanted to win everyone. Simple as that.

    Ya'll are pretty much nobodies on the internet.

    We'll never meet, talk nor spend time together so why would I even invest anything personal to you all? Silly.

    Do what you wish and stay cool.

    Well, you started a conversation with your post. Others including myself raised logical, well thought out points to counter your post, and then comedy ensued, in the form of your following postulations.

    Debate might not have been the appropriate word in retrospect.

    Nobody is looking for anything from you. After all, we are all just nobodies on the internet.

    Good luck with your next games.

    I sincerely hope you don't run into any more basement dwelling Bubba's.

    ๐Ÿ‘

  • @BSVben said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2100297#Comment_2100297

    Well, you started a conversation with your post. Others including myself raised logical, well thought out points to counter your post, and then comedy ensued, in the form of your following postulations.

    Debate might not have been the appropriate word in retrospect.

    Nobody is looking for anything from you. After all, we are all just nobodies on the internet.

    Good luck with your next games.

    I sincerely hope you don't run into any more basement dwelling Bubba's.

    ๐Ÿ‘

    Thanks.

  • @Homemade_Cookies said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/T366KE0UA79S/camping.png

    3rd Bubba in a ROW who's done this.

    Hook someone in basement, camp, get someone else, camp...

    And they say camping is okay for the game.

    Go Figure.

    I'm actually surprised you survivors fell for it tbh..... I really hope these aren't rank 1 survivors, because if they are.....man....the overall skill level has really taken a bad turn.....

  • @Homemade_Cookies said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/T366KE0UA79S/camping.png

    3rd Bubba in a ROW who's done this.

    Hook someone in basement, camp, get someone else, camp...

    And they say camping is okay for the game.

    Go Figure.

    You deserve it.

  • @Homemade_Cookies said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2100209#Comment_2100209

    Here is a definition of Exploit from Merriam Webster:

    "to make use of meanly or unfairly for one's own advantage"

    CAMPING IS AN EXPLOIT OF THE GAME'S DESIGN.

    Got that now?

    Geez now I must pull out the definition of words for yah? Just because you don't understand?

    I specifically mentioned that Bubba was never intended to be a camping meme during his development.

    Players, however started to exploit his capabilities and thus the whole camping Bubba started.

    Teabagging is the same.

    It's supposed to be used as a crouch mechanic and yet people started to use it as a toxic mean.

    That's an exploit of the developer's game design.

    Devs did state that camping and tunneling are viable, but they did say that it's not an optimal game decision. Meaning they have negative viewpoints about them.

    Sheesh.

    Perks are exploits

  • @Homemade_Cookies said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2100136#Comment_2100136

    Camping is an exploit.

    It wasn't intended by the devs. They just happened to allow since it'll cause all the ruckus by the community.

    Just like T-bagging is an exploit and moon-walking is.

    Bubba was meant to be a one-shotable killer like Hillbilly, but people started to exploit that and devised a dumb strategy to camp.

    Like I said, just because the devs allowed it to be "viable" it doesn't mean it's an intended result. Get that straight.

    https://youtu.be/eBiHNKk3aNY

    0:45 โ€ Camping

  • I can't take you serious if you say that Camping is a xploit when we have perks that favors this playstyle xD.

    If you are upset with the game, unninstall It or take a break.

  • Holy ######### this entire thread was gold.

  • @Homemade_Cookies said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2100209#Comment_2100209

    Here is a definition of Exploit from Merriam Webster:

    "to make use of meanly or unfairly for one's own advantage"

    CAMPING IS AN EXPLOIT OF THE GAME'S DESIGN.

    Got that now?

    Geez now I must pull out the definition of words for yah? Just because you don't understand?

    I specifically mentioned that Bubba was never intended to be a camping meme during his development.

    Players, however started to exploit his capabilities and thus the whole camping Bubba started.

    Teabagging is the same.

    It's supposed to be used as a crouch mechanic and yet people started to use it as a toxic mean.

    That's an exploit of the developer's game design.

    Devs did state that camping and tunneling are viable, but they did say that it's not an optimal game decision. Meaning they have negative viewpoints about them.

    Sheesh.

    But camping is really not unfair. It's not fun, true, but it is fair. For one kill, the killer throws the match as long as the survivors know what to do in a camping situation. Survivor is a team player role, the devs are the ones who set what is fair, not you. They believe fair and balanced is 2 kills 2 escapes. At most, a camping killer will get is 2 kills if they're against competent players.

    Want camping to go away? Tell players to stop feeding it. I was just camped by a Hillbilly, literally a couple of minutes ago, and the Hillbilly won. You know why? All of my random teammates stopped working on gens and hovered around the basement. we had 2 gens complete and the gen I was chased off of was at 85%. If they worked on the gens they could have all escaped, especially since the killer was bad at loops.

    Killers sacrifice pressure for one kill, I would say that is fine. Just like everyone believes killers aren't entitled to a 4K, survivors aren't entitled to a 4 man escape.

  • @EliskaMM said:

    I do not care how is is called.. It is ruining the game for everyone.. Esp. now around the rank reset killers seem to love to see survivors not have fun. And to me most of the killers do not understand that piping is not tied to BPs and rank is not tied to skills... Otherwise I have no idea why would anyone choose this over normal gameplay... You are either dumb, cruel or scum%bag and trying to kill this game from inside.

    If that would be once in a Blue Moon, I would be fine with that. Or if it is Basement Bubba defending a chest. I do not care if I die, as long as I at least pip or have fun, but past few months, it seems that the killer base got worse. I am really considering to go and play just killer now, instead of both side, so at least some of the survivors can have fun.

    I got killers sending us to the most broken map, yes I am talking about you Autohaven, just so they can camp easily bc they do not need to be afraid of pallets coz you know, there are non on one side of the map.. and if there are, they ain't working anyway coz you can get hit through them...

    I really do not know if majority of the players I stand against are just cruel or compensating something, but if you get killers either camping or tunneling (or both) in 10 games in row, then there is something wrong with the game...

    This stupid "tactic" used to be use by low rank killers back in the day, but now seems everyone loves to use it... If the bugs won't kill the game, the community deff will.. I stopped playing at 2017 for the same reason.. came back at 2020, got to red ranks and was hoping that this stupid sh%t is nowhere to be seen in red, oh boy I was wrong.

    So If the killer doesn't play the way you want , you get upset and leave the game.

    Atm I have 4928 hours played, Rank 1 Since I cant remember and I play Basement Bubba, Iri Head Huntress and Pinkyfinger clow when I want.

    The Game is not going to die because players try to have fun, because for me is funny tunneling people, sometimes facecamp and is legit so, adapt or leave

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I think my favorite thing, is that you can face camp as bubba all the way to, and maintain yourself at red rank 1 doing it haha.

    God bless. I think it's second only to when you manage to 360 a saw and save someone from a face camp; and the Bubba rage disconnects; that's up there too.

    I don't know why you would be mad, it's an honor to be chosen by the bubba.

    You really can't. being in proximity to the hook will destroy your emblems and stop you getting a pip.

  • image.png

    ๐Ÿ˜€ If you're not camping you're not playing killer correctly. ๐Ÿ˜†

    It's easier to sit by the hook guarantee a kill and wait for survivors to come to the hook then to go hunt them down and earn the kill.

    It sucks there's nothing you can do sorry buddy.

  • Because they know all survivors do anymore is dive bomb hooks. They don't even wait for the killer to leave. They just farm hooks. I can't tell you how often this happens in solo matches.

  • @QwQw said:

    Holy ######### this entire thread was gold.

    I've got a feeling it didn't go exactly as the OP hoped it would.

  • @BSVben said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2100618#Comment_2100618

    I've got a feeling it didn't go exactly as the OP hoped it would.

    Just a hunch.

  • @EliskaMM said:

    I do not care how is is called.. It is ruining the game for everyone.. Esp. now around the rank reset killers seem to love to see survivors not have fun. And to me most of the killers do not understand that piping is not tied to BPs and rank is not tied to skills... Otherwise I have no idea why would anyone choose this over normal gameplay... You are either dumb, cruel or scum%bag and trying to kill this game from inside.

    If that would be once in a Blue Moon, I would be fine with that. Or if it is Basement Bubba defending a chest. I do not care if I die, as long as I at least pip or have fun, but past few months, it seems that the killer base got worse. I am really considering to go and play just killer now, instead of both side, so at least some of the survivors can have fun.

    I got killers sending us to the most broken map, yes I am talking about you Autohaven, just so they can camp easily bc they do not need to be afraid of pallets coz you know, there are non on one side of the map.. and if there are, they ain't working anyway coz you can get hit through them...

    I really do not know if majority of the players I stand against are just cruel or compensating something, but if you get killers either camping or tunneling (or both) in 10 games in row, then there is something wrong with the game...

    This stupid "tactic" used to be use by low rank killers back in the day, but now seems everyone loves to use it... If the bugs won't kill the game, the community deff will.. I stopped playing at 2017 for the same reason.. came back at 2020, got to red ranks and was hoping that this stupid sh%t is nowhere to be seen in red, oh boy I was wrong.

    I never see camping in red ranks. There's just not enough time.

โ€น 1 2