Trickster is Actually Fine

At first I assumed he was garbage like everyone else. However, since most matches seem to be either the cornfields or autohaven, with their huge amounts of dead zones and low barriers so you cant hide or dodge his knives, he’s actually perfect. No joke, every time I go up against him it’s always either the cornfields, autohaven, or the shrine and he dominates the match. How could he not? Seems lately most people can’t get any of the other maps anymore except these. I almost wonder if the devs did something for Trickster to always give him the big open dead zone maps so he will do amazing and people will play with him more.

Comments

  • @glitchboi said:

    Bruh

    Just my experience, last couple of days all the maps I ever get is those three. Especially with Trickster as the killer.

  • @jester20k said:

    Lol

    It’s a tongue and cheek post but still. Lately it seems the other maps no longer exist. The actual maps that would make it hard to use Trickster. I’m just wondering if something is up with that. I don’t remember the last time I got anything different besides those three maps.

  • Gotta pad those stats so when they bring em out they can say he's fine.

  • @Dragonshensi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2082281#Comment_2082281

    It’s a tongue and cheek post but still. Lately it seems the other maps no longer exist. The actual maps that would make it hard to use Trickster. I’m just wondering if something is up with that. I don’t remember the last time I got anything different besides those three maps.

    I have the same issue but without fail its auto haven and MacMillan. My swf we eventually get sick of it and start using all different map offerings. When we forget, back to ######### autohaven.

  • @Dragonshensi said:

    At first I assumed he was garbage like everyone else. However, since most matches seem to be either the cornfields or autohaven, with their huge amounts of dead zones and low barriers so you cant hide or dodge his knives, he’s actually perfect. No joke, every time I go up against him it’s always either the cornfields, autohaven, or the shrine and he dominates the match. How could he not? Seems lately most people can’t get any of the other maps anymore except these. I almost wonder if the devs did something for Trickster to always give him the big open dead zone maps so he will do amazing and people will play with him more.

    Every time a killer comes out 4heads are quick to say he's bad. Watching real players of this game I can already tell he has some good potential and techniques.

  • @WeenieDog said:

    Gotta pad those stats so when they bring em out they can say he's fine.

    I’m not the only one confused by this right? I rarely ever get any maps outside of those three now. If I get the mother-effing cornfields again I’m burning some corn.

  • No, as a guy with ample experience playing him on Dead Dawg, Badhams and Swamp maps. He is not fine as the only way to win at these map is be a 110% M1 Killer, partner that with no real Map Pressure you'll see gens flying by the time you down someone with your power.

    I even get 4Ks with him because I play him as a M1 110%ms Killer.

    @D3spair said:

    I just wanna share some results of my games and I kid you not that I now average in at least 2 Kills or 6 hooks for Trial and now I have a 4K streak on Trickster after playing like 25 games where in the early games I got about 1 or 2 hooks max and an easy depip and this was about the time I made my "I feel scammed" post if you guys check my profile.

    Now these are some of the results after getting experience and possibly getting good with him.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/ZHPFM5EWDJA9/t4k5.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/BB531SO9ELYX/t4k2.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/3SPAEAUYW2ZC/t4k1.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/2EKRWXYMWIDP/t4k2.png

    First I wanna address something, I admit he is on the weaker side but he really is fun on the right circumstances.

    The main strategy I use is playing him as a M1 110%ms Killer as lame as that sounds but it works. This Strat needs you at least to be good on minigames and predicting how the survivor would react. Now the main two perks that carry me in trials are "Monitor and Abuse" and "Save the Best for Last", IMO you need these 2 perks to win with him.

    With "Monitor and Abuse" Trickster's Terror Radius will become 16 meters, this TR can actually make him a Stealth Killer that results in Free Hits most of the time if you play stealthily as move out of line sight to the Generator.

    With "Save the Best for Last" STBFL on him is actually pretty good as you can just use your power on the Obsession keeping a permanent 8 Stack which is pretty scary as a Survivor.

    For the gameplay, I mainly focus on the jump of Survivors as 16 Meters is a small TR, I'm reiterating that getting Free hits will be common with M and A

    https://gfycat.com/coordinatedoffbeatiggypops-dead-by-daylight

    For STBFL, It is so easy to get 8 stack as you can just get the drop of the obsession and bombard them with Knives. If they're not an Obsession then play it like a M1 Killer with super recovery, that recovery can make it so that you can just bombard the survivor with Knives after the Attack Cooldownn, This either makes it that you down them with knives(if they're in the open) or they will be forced to take cover in nearest loop where you can smack them again or stick 8 Knives again.

    https://gfycat.com/hatefulfixedbedbug-dead-by-daylight

    For your "Main Event" I recommend that you don't use it if it's not necessary as the maximum thing it can do is injure a Survivor Twice but the worth thing it can do is let the Survivor Shift + W yo the nearest Loop as the Start time is pretty long and the Cooldown of not getting to throw knives hurts very much. This power can sabotage your game game rather that help you. BUT if a survivor is in the middle of nowhere and you're pretty sure that you can down them with 2 injures then go for it.

    https://gfycat.com/uniformwavycowbird-dead-by-daylight

    If I encounter someone on a Strong Loop, A Good Looper or BS Map Rng, I'll just Leave them and find other survivor to ambush, you'll get another chance at injuring them in a worse loop or better yet get a free hit!

    Now these are all the advice I can give for those who want to try trickster but are scared by the Community because right now it's a common thing to associate Trickster with Depipping easily. Remember you're a Killer, Screw those Survivors, It's not in the Eula/Terms that Camping, Tunneling or Slugging is Bannable or you can't do it. Burn the Survivor Rule book or Use it as Toilet Paper, Do what you got to do to get the 4K.

    I'm just scared that me getting 4Ks and other high Skill Players with Trickster would give BHVR the DAta that he needs a nerf rather that a buff lol, Anyone in BHVR please buff him, he still needs it.

    My Post on how I made him work and it was mostly ignoring his power.

  • @FlamingkittyUmad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/240358/trickster-is-actually-fine

    Every time a killer comes out 4heads are quick to say he's bad. Watching real players of this game I can already tell he has some good potential and techniques.

    He’s really good in huge maps with lots of dead zones. That’s where I’m always encountering him. So of course he’s going to do well there.

  • @Dragonshensi said:

    At first I assumed he was garbage like everyone else. However, since most matches seem to be either the cornfields or autohaven, with their huge amounts of dead zones and low barriers so you cant hide or dodge his knives, he’s actually perfect. No joke, every time I go up against him it’s always either the cornfields, autohaven, or the shrine and he dominates the match. How could he not? Seems lately most people can’t get any of the other maps anymore except these. I almost wonder if the devs did something for Trickster to always give him the big open dead zone maps so he will do amazing and people will play with him more.

    Both of these maps are filled with tiles the survivors can easily use against him.

  • I'm sure he will get better when Killer specific MMR comes out.

    You can dominate as your main and when you get tired of all the sweat and salt you can hop on your Trickster who passively deranks and play against some rank 20's.

    Just play extra chill and stay at the bottom where the only tech the baby dweets and megs know is:

    HOLD W TO GO.

  • @D3spair said:

    No, as a guy with ample experience playing him on Dead Dawg, Badhams and Swamp maps. He is not fine as the only way to win at these map is be a 110% M1 Killer, partner that with no real Map Pressure you'll see gens flying by the time you down someone with your power.

    I even get 4Ks with him because I play him as a M1 110%ms Killer.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/239695/so-i-made-trickster-work-in-red-ranks

    My Post on how I made him work and it was mostly ignoring his power.

    The post is a little snarky. It’s just every time I get him it’s always in dead zone maps where he can freely use his knives cause the next thing you can run to to avoid them is ten miles away.

  • If this post is the reason Trickster isn’t nerfed I will straight up revoke my consent to dbd, he is god awful and his UR and VR add-ons are practically useless

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/240358/trickster-is-actually-fine

    Both of these maps are filled with tiles the survivors can easily use against him.

    A lot of those tiles though are on the edge and most gens are out in the open. So that doesn’t work when you are working on a gen and get found and have to run a mile to the next tile to get away

  • News just in: Killers can down you in dead zones.

  • @Hoodied said:

    If this post is the reason Trickster isn’t nerfed I will straight up revoke my consent to dbd, he is god awful and his UR and VR add-ons are practically useless

    Maybe if they take me serious then they will just always put him on those three maps so he can win.

  • @Noz said:

    News just in: Killers can down you in dead zones.

    With his fast knives dead zone maps are a perfect match for him.

  • I have to disagree

  • @Dragonshensi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2082319#Comment_2082319

    With his fast knives dead zone maps are a perfect match for him.

    even still with fast knives that takes like at least 10 secs to actually down a survivor. Anyone else other than Trickster can down that Survivor in in less time.

    Watch and share Dead By Daylight GIFs by br0kenher0tv on Gfycat

    Look at the gif, tell any other Killer that will down Dwight and Jake in a longer time frame.

  • @Dragonshensi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2082319#Comment_2082319

    With his fast knives dead zone maps are a perfect match for him.

    So can Bubba, Billy, Huntress, Oni and Blight. The difference is that those killers actually have powers at tiles.

    If you are in a deadzone against a trickster that is your fault.

  • I haven't had a single autohaven for trickster after i got his adept.

    ....Dear god i lost my sanity doin' that #########,

  • I strongly disagree with the corn maps. Most of the debris and scenery is high enough to block his knives. You end up cutting up hay more than anything else. Yes if you catch them out in the middle of the corn, you can slice them up. But anywhere else is M1.

  • The Trickster still has a long month of playtesting before we can really get a good feel for him. What I will say is that each day the Tricksters people face have been getting more and more accurate with those knives. The first day or so the Trickster was lucky to get a kill. Then I started seeing 2+ and today I saw multiple Tricksters 4K and they were using the knives, not just running around M1.

    The Trickster is, in a way, a lot like the Nurse. He stinks until you pass some invisible line and get around his learning curve. Then he seems to be more than functional. If he keeps improving at the rate we are seeing, by the end of the month people will be asking for nerfs. I'm not joking, nor am I making a final assessment. I am merely reporting on what I've been seeing, and unfortunately experiencing first hand.

    The Trickster is definitely mislabeled as "easy" when he is most certainly not.

  • @Moundshroud said:

    The Trickster still has a long month of playtesting before we can really get a good feel for him. What I will say is that each day the Tricksters people face have been getting more and more accurate with those knives. The first day or so the Trickster was lucky to get a kill. Then I started seeing 2+ and today I saw multiple Tricksters 4K and they were using the knives, not just running around M1.

    The Trickster is, in a way, a lot like the Nurse. He stinks until you pass some invisible line and get around his learning curve. Then he seems to be more than functional. If he keeps improving at the rate we are seeing, by the end of the month people will be asking for nerfs. I'm not joking, nor am I making a final assessment. I am merely reporting on what I've been seeing, and unfortunately experiencing first hand.

    The Trickster is definitely mislabeled as "easy" when he is most certainly not.

    His "Easy" label tilts me while Spirit and Freddy are listed as Hard.

  • As in looks, yes. But in gameplay? pfffft

  • @VexTheHex said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2082405#Comment_2082405

    His "Easy" label tilts me while Spirit and Freddy are listed as Hard.

    I know, right? Spirit and Freddy are plug and play. Trickster is turning out to have the goods, but it takes a LOT of work to learn to use the creep.

  • @VexTheHex said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2082405#Comment_2082405

    His "Easy" label tilts me while Spirit and Freddy are listed as Hard.

    Trickster you just throw knives

    Freddy you have sleep, his lullaby, fake pallets, blood pools, etc

    Spirit you have her whooshing noise, phasing, her post phase lunge, cant see survivors or blood, etc. She probably shouldn't be labeled Hard but she's more complex than Trickster

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2082428#Comment_2082428

    Trickster you just throw knives

    Freddy you have sleep, his lullaby, fake pallets, blood pools, etc

    Spirit you have her whooshing noise, phasing, her post phase lunge, cant see survivors or blood, etc. She probably shouldn't be labeled Hard but she's more complex than Trickster

    Sleep and lullaby are passive. His only active abilities is the pool or the pallets that are instant spawns with no set up time and his on demand teleport. There is nothing difficulty about his kit in the slightest. He deserves to be Easy. (and over loaded)


    Whooshing noise and phasing? Neither of those matter to the player. A lunge is basic to all killers. The only aspect is not seeing survivors or their blood when using her power. She deserves to be Intermediate simply cause new players will struggle with not seeing the Survivors.


    Trickster takes consistent aim and knowing whether to use your knives or bats while being slower than most killers. It's very easy to waste your time using the wrong weapon at the wrong time or missing some blades resulting in regression. He deserves to be Intermediate.

  • Wait, are you saying Torment Creek or Fractured Cowshed are good for Trickster?

  • Ah yes, a killer is pretty good in about 3 maps out of 31.

    Truly an indication that he is in need of 0 changes where on over 90% of the maps his power is more harmful than helpful.

  • @Dragonshensi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2082319#Comment_2082319

    With his fast knives dead zone maps are a perfect match for him.

    To be fair dead zones are perfect for every single killer.

  • If your team dies to Trickster, that doesn't mean he's good. It just means you're not very good.

    He's an awful killer and needs work.

  • uuuuugh threads like these are probably gonna be the reason why we will have to wait a long time for a buff for the Trickster.

  • @Dragonshensi said:

    At first I assumed he was garbage like everyone else. However, since most matches seem to be either the cornfields or autohaven, with their huge amounts of dead zones and low barriers so you cant hide or dodge his knives, he’s actually perfect. No joke, every time I go up against him it’s always either the cornfields, autohaven, or the shrine and he dominates the match. How could he not? Seems lately most people can’t get any of the other maps anymore except these. I almost wonder if the devs did something for Trickster to always give him the big open dead zone maps so he will do amazing and people will play with him more.

    So get two of the like 24 maps to be decent ok also spam power down them eventually

  • I've been putting a lot of time into my guy Ji-Woon and I gotta say: If a loop has walls taller than a survivor, he's not gonna be able to do jack with it. Dead zones? Yeah, I guess, but can't any killer get downs in dead zones? Don't get me wrong, he has potential. But that potential isn't gonna be reached until we get a a buff of some sort. And you must be hella lucky to get those maps, I've been getting the game and hawkins nonstop. I suppose his power could be used in between loops, but considering how close tiles spawn together and how the recoil is a pain in the ass to manage, (on controller at least) it just doesn't seem good enough.

  • Trickster undoubtedly needs a buff. His knives are absolutely terrible for trying to injure survivors, and survivors can just hold w behind cover and his ability is worthless. Unlike Deathslinger or Huntress who are rewarded for landing one good shot, Trickster needs to spam 8 knives that all hit their target whilst the survivor can easily hide behind cover and begin to recover from their laceration meter.

  • This is why whenever they design a killer they should ALWAYS keep maps in mind.

    To me he is worse than Plague, and that’s saying something because she isn’t the strongest killer. Because at least with her even though structures are also her weakness, it makes the survivor be forced to cleanse or remain one-shotted, whereas Trickster has to aim enough to get them to injured status.

    I am not saying that there aren’t maps that certainly favor him for sure. I just think it’s kind of design 101 that maps should be taken into consideration when it comes to abilities being introduced because otherwise specific type of killers like this one become map dependent. Maps could stay as is, but design should be built with maps in mind.