D-Strike is Atrocious

Anyone else think D-strike is a waste of a perk slot now? It's only really useful if some idiot farms you and you still get slugged anyway, these killers are having a field day when they see no ds. I run in a swf so I never get farmed and someone is always running BT, the 60 second really is a waste of time where you could be doing something valuable. No one runs DS anymore I think they should change it but in a way were it's still run able or at least do something about the incessant slugging.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • Played survivor and never used DS since it always felt cheap and I been doing fine.

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2071456#Comment_2071456

    As a survivor, that's statistically almost impossible. They all teabag whenever they think they've outsmarted the killer.

    And flick their flashlights a bajillion times making that clicking sound.

  • @Northener1907 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2072591#Comment_2072591

    I am glad you had good games but everyone are not lucky like you. Yesterday i played against one camper Trapper. I looped him for 4 gens and he started face camp me. And then in end game my teammate saved me but i down again because teammate had not BT. And i also not using DS anymore because it is useless. And i died for that. If DS would not change, i would keep it on my build and would escape. But now if i use this trash perk i will waste my one slot. And perk saying: Be useless for 1 minute. But i am teamplayer so i will not use this trash perk anymore, they need buff it.

    If you ran him for 4 gens that means no other teammates were hooked. Teammates not bringing borrowed time isn't the killers fault that's on your teammates. Not using DS is saying that you don't care about being re-hooked after coming off the hook(because the core function of DS hasn't changed). Saying its trash now is sayin that you abused it for free escapes.

  • @Luciferr_2nd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2071428#Comment_2071428

    Tunneling shouldnt exist in the first place, stop telling survivors to run a perk every game just to combat a d*ck move by the killer

    That's like telling killers not to run perks to slow down gens. "Tunneling" doesn't exist its just something survivors made up to shift blame from themselves or teammates and onto the killer.

  • I fought people using DS last night. It doesn’t allow a single person to do whatever they want for 60 seconds anymore. It’s still good for Anti-Slug and whenever a survivor decided to perform a risky save and failed. If the killer knocks you back down off the hook you can lie down for 60 seconds until someone else picks you up. The killers won’t think players run DS anymore. So often times they’ll pick you up right away. Meaning if the killer got DSed then and there they still wasted plenty of their time. It now takes a bit more effort and teamwork to make DS waste the killers time. DS is much like Head On where it’s now a niche, and in the right hands/team it is valuable. A team of people with it has still stolen my time.

    The people that are whining know that they can’t unhooked then do a gen, DH, and flick their flashlights knowing they can’t get picked up by the killer for a whole minute. Lmso

  • @Hektic3000 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2072607#Comment_2072607

    If you ran him for 4 gens that means no other teammates were hooked. Teammates not bringing borrowed time isn't the killers fault that's on your teammates. Not using DS is saying that you don't care about being re-hooked after coming off the hook(because the core function of DS hasn't changed). Saying its trash now is sayin that you abused it for free escapes.

    I am not blaming killer for that. He used one of the killer tactic. He lost game and wanted one kill. I did not say killer was wrong, did i?

    Problem is DS is not useful anymore. If i would have DS on that match, yes it would save me. But problem is most of matches DS is useless now. So most of matches i will waste my perk slot. For that DS is not problem for tunnelling. And it never was anti-tunnel perk. It is weaker now, thats all

  • @Northener1907 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2072591#Comment_2072591

    I am glad you had good games but everyone are not lucky like you. Yesterday i played against one camper Trapper. I looped him for 4 gens and he started face camp me. And then in end game my teammate saved me but i down again because teammate had not BT. And i also not using DS anymore because it is useless. And i died for that. If DS would not change, i would keep it on my build and would escape. But now if i use this trash perk i will waste my one slot. And perk saying: Be useless for 1 minute. But i am teamplayer so i will not use this trash perk anymore, they need buff it.

    Sorry if you were unlucky in your games.

    Frankly, though, that Trapper match sounds exactly where DS would have been clutch. If you were rescued during EGC while a gate was open, even if the rescuer didn't have BT, that would have likely gotten you an escape. Killer downs you off hook, you hit DS when they pick you up, then run out -- at least in my experiences, that's how that scenario plays out nearly every time with very few exceptions.

    Using DS to escape during EGC is one of the strongest uses of the perk there is. In many instances, hitting the skill check is almost a guaranteed escape for someone in that position. Unless you're a mile from the doors and/or have terrible teammates (the former is bad luck, and the latter is a teammate problem, not a perk problem), then DS is game-changing in that situation. I've gotten numerous escapes in that situation that frankly, I probably shouldn't have gotten and didn't deserve.

  • @Northener1907 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2072630#Comment_2072630

    I am not blaming killer for that. He used one of the killer tactic. He lost game and wanted one kill. I did not say killer was wrong, did i?

    Problem is DS is not useful anymore. If i would have DS on that match, yes it would save me. But problem is most of matches DS is useless now. So most of matches i will waste my perk slot. For that DS is not problem for tunnelling. And it never was anti-tunnel perk. It is weaker now, thats all

    DS should never be a perk you can reliably get value from. The fact old DS was a perk you considered was useful in most matches before really shows how broken the perk was.

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2072653#Comment_2072653

    DS should never be a perk you can reliably get value from. The fact old DS was a perk you considered was useful in most matches before really shows how broken the perk was.

    And now that shows how weak that perk. They wanted make it anti-tunnel. Problem is DS was never anti-tunnel perk. So they just turned it to useless perk, Z-Tier Perk. If you wanna make it really anti-tunnel, it has to be more scary for killers. I mean longer stun or 5 seconds stun + blind effects bla bla bla. They need little buff it for balance. Because game is already bad for solo-q, why we have to do this worse

  • DS still works, if you can't win the chase after the stun that's on you not the perk

  • @DemonDaddy said:

    DS still works, if you can't win the chase after the stun that's on you not the perk

    DS is trash now. Half of my matches I don't see it, and in 1-2 weeks you'll see it less than MoM

  • @Luciferr_2nd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2071428#Comment_2071428

    Tunneling shouldnt exist in the first place, stop telling survivors to run a perk every game just to combat a d*ck move by the killer

    Why shouldn't it?

    It's a viable strategy, just like slamming gens.

  • @valvarez4

    Still has the same function. If no one runs it, so what, just shows people used it for benefits other then to stun & escape. If someone wants more a more beneficial effect throughout the match, chose another perk instead.

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2071428#Comment_2071428

    This. If you get tunnelled, you still get to use DS.

    What this shows is that survivors didn't take DS for it's anti-tunnel capabilities. They took DS to abuse the invincibility they get from it, so that they can go for an unsafe hook rescue while injured, or complete a gen in the killers face knowing that they can get away no matter what happens.

    DS originally was never an anti-tunneling perk... the devs needed a reason to justify it's nerf and that's the optics they chose to spin.

  • Well a swf with all having DS isn't fun for the killer either but now DS is true anti tunnel meaning that if the killer goes after you after being unhook and they knock you down you'll still have that DS. The main problem with DS was that survivors hopped on gens while injured and got a good chunk out of it before being knocked down or insta rescuing a hooked survivor because they have DS. DS was bad for killers who played fair. I'm glad they changed now my ques for survivor are faster.

  • @Killmaster said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2071434#Comment_2071434

    DS originally was never an anti-tunneling perk... the devs needed a reason to justify it's nerf and that's the optics they chose to spin.

    How are you to say it was never anti-tunnel? It literally lets you escape from going back onto the hook once you get off and let you have the ability to do so for a minute.

  • @Hektic3000 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2072806#Comment_2072806

    How are you to say it was never anti-tunnel? It literally lets you escape from going back onto the hook once you get off and let you have the ability to do so for a minute.

    You didn't need to be hooked to use DS back in the day.

  • @Killmaster said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2072829#Comment_2072829

    You didn't need to be hooked to use DS back in the day.

    Which didn't make much sense, what do you need to be protected for?

  • How? The Perk still does its job as an anti tunneling perk and it didn’t lose its functionality.....

    if the killer is slugging u always in a match well then put unbreakable? Ds and unbreakable is a great anti tunneling combo ?

    I dont get it , its still an anti tunneling perk, just say u like to abuse it infront of the killers face.

  • @Mandy said:

    I'm not having any problem running DStrike, it's helped me in matches where I've needed it and didn't proc in matches where I haven't.

    @MandyTalk

    Unfortunately because of the RNG in every match, it is not possible to predict on whether you will need D-strike or not. It all depends on the killer because tunneling is possible in every single match.

    For me, I've had matches where I have certainly needed it because the killer wanted to tunnel at the start of the match. Fortunately I have a lot of game knowledge where I could use other means to try and avoid it. I can't even imagine those new people who haven't even gotten around to purchasing Laurie, and how they must feel being new and getting tunneled out of the game, simply because nothing has been done to deter it aside from a perk.

  • If the killer decides to tunnel you, it will still work.

    So...#########?

  • @TheDarkTyrant said:

    Atrocious because it can't be used as invincibility? Its supposed to be used in a specific way. You obviously won't be able to use it as often unless you just want to.

    No because even if you are being tunneled he will just slug you anyway.

  • @Fiona_Goode said:

    Just because you can't use D-strike to take aggro anymore, doesn't mean it's not good. It's an anti-tunneling perk, not a "let's do a thousand things and not be afraid of the consequences because the killer can't pick us up or grab us or we hit space bar on them HA HA". You're just being entitled, dude. The perk is fine. You just want some more advantage.

    No because even with this new change I still get slugged while being tunneled so what's the point in this perk.

  • @Adeloo said:

    Well it stopped survivors to abuse it and use it as an aggressive perk.

    but it's still no an anti-tunnel perk. If you get tunnel out of the hook and run the killer for more than 60 sec and get down, you still get hooked and have no DS to use.

    Wednesday i did 12 survivor games.

    • first 3 = got tunneled out of 2 of them
    • decided to equip DS and played 9 others matches = got tunnel 4 times

    I never bring any items, i don't tbag, i don't do anything that could be considered toxic. I was just an Elodie in her new outfit, and i got tunneled 50% of my games. By tunnel i mean, killer focused on me and only me since the start of the game, avoiding survivors working on gen in front of him to chase me, going back to the hook as soon as i get saved even if they were chasing someone else on the other side of the map, and never had the chance to deactivate the perk by touching a gen or healing myself before the killer was back following my arse.

    So me who used to no equip DS and rarely get tunneled, i felt the need to equip this perk and it didn't help me in the slightlest. (i'm not an amazing looper but i still try my best and have my good moments) Worked only once, when i was at the exit gate. Still not enough of a good use out of 12 games.

    Dude, you said it yourself. "If you get tunnel out of the hook *and run the killer for more than 60 sec* and get down you still get hooked."

    You kept the killer away from your teammates for a full minute+, leaving them free to do gens/heal/progress towards escape. That's adding real value to your team!

    Yeah, you can still get hooked after that but if you've run him for longer than a minute that's a definitely contribution. Be happy! The purpose of DS is not "If you've ever been hooked the killer doesn't get to down you anymore" its "If the killer downs you within 60 seconds of unhooking you shiv him, get away and run them for even longer".

  • It's still good for the egc camping killers. That's about it for now. Someday they might start tunneling more when their years of fear of ds wear off, but for now they mostly assume you have it and slug.

  • Lmfao DS gets nerfed and 80% of survivor mains are suddenly upset that it gets zero use because tunnelling rarely happens.

  • @DivineZak said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2071678#Comment_2071678

    No because even if you are being tunneled he will just slug you anyway.

    Then recover.

  • @Northener1907 said:

    DS is trash, killer mains got what they wanted.

    New target: Borrowed Time and Dead Hard. Because killer mains wanna easy killer, nerf all survivor advantages.

    You’re confusing “easy” with “fair”.

    Survivor perks have been made so braindead and overpowered that they can be abused just like DS was.

    DS still stops a killer from quickly tunneling a survivor out of the game with ease. It still gives you 60 seconds of protection. Except now you can’t sit on a generator in front of the killer looking all smug knowing that with your Unbreakable/DS combo there’s nothing this killer can do to stop you. You can’t sit there and progress the game with conplete immunity.

  • @Northener1907 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2072591#Comment_2072591

    I am glad you had good games but everyone are not lucky like you. Yesterday i played against one camper Trapper. I looped him for 4 gens and he started face camp me. And then in end game my teammate saved me but i down again because teammate had not BT. And i also not using DS anymore because it is useless. And i died for that. If DS would not change, i would keep it on my build and would escape. But now if i use this trash perk i will waste my one slot. And perk saying: Be useless for 1 minute. But i am teamplayer so i will not use this trash perk anymore, they need buff it.

    There’s the irony DS would have saved you there but you didn’t take it. Also being a teamplayer IS taking DS. You’re creating an obsession if there isn’t one, and you’re making sure that the killer can’t try to tunnel you out quickly without penalty because a 3 vs 1 early on really hurts the team.

    I still take the perk everygame.

  • Well, in my opinion, it was the right decision to change the d-strike this way. Ppl were abusing the perk constantly. And from anti-tunnel perk it tipped over into the part of the bully build.

    Although, d-strike should no longer indicate the obsession. If there's no obsession in the game, killer gets too much information. It should be unexpected, then it makes sense.

  • @DivineZak said:

    Anyone else think D-strike is a waste of a perk slot now? It's only really useful if some idiot farms you and you still get slugged anyway, these killers are having a field day when they see no ds. I run in a swf so I never get farmed and someone is always running BT, the 60 second really is a waste of time where you could be doing something valuable. No one runs DS anymore I think they should change it but in a way were it's still run able or at least do something about the incessant slugging.

    Yeah don't run DS so there is no obsession. Good. thatll stop the killers from tunneling/slugging. "No one runs DS anymore" Lmao. It is still VERY strong and is still ran almost every single game.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2072607#Comment_2072607

    There’s the irony DS would have saved you there but you didn’t take it. Also being a teamplayer IS taking DS. You’re creating an obsession if there isn’t one, and you’re making sure that the killer can’t try to tunnel you out quickly without penalty because a 3 vs 1 early on really hurts the team.

    I still take the perk everygame.

    It is useless for me. It was works for me on end games but if i save my teammate in end game DS will go. So i dont need it anymore. I have better perks for use. Thank you

  • Only reason killers are having a "field day" right now is because people have overeacted and stopped running DS. I guarantee that most of us will not pick you up right away if we still see an obsession in play - just sayin'.

    In only 1 game out the past 2 days I've played killer, I've lliterally only had 1 game were the nerf actually affected the survivor I took down. Cheeky little Claudette that just got unhooked and I got led back to by her rescuer sitting there doing a gen injured. I see somebody on a gen, I don't even need to check of as obsession at that point, I know they're fair game now.

    Damn straight I hit that. I put it on a hook too. Thanks rescuer for being such a great teammate!

  • @DivineZak said:

    Anyone else think D-strike is a waste of a perk slot now? It's only really useful if some idiot farms you and you still get slugged anyway, these killers are having a field day when they see no ds. I run in a swf so I never get farmed and someone is always running BT, the 60 second really is a waste of time where you could be doing something valuable. No one runs DS anymore I think they should change it but in a way were it's still run able or at least do something about the incessant slugging.

    DS works exactly as it did before in so far as dealing with tunneling. These various threads and posts are nonsensical. The only reason Killers are having a "field day" as you put it is because a bunch of Survivors threw a hissy fit and stopped running DS. If the Killer sees no Obsession, they know there is no DS. Are you picking up what I'm putting down? Run DS again, so there is an Obsession, and Killers will assume it is there and play accordingly.

  • @Palkia123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2071902#Comment_2071902

    God, everyone sounds like a broken record, time for me to add to the pile:

    If a killer wants to tunnel you, THEY WILL TUNNEL YOU, with or without an obsession

    true but after the nerf to ds there a lot more tunnelers now then before now that some took ds out

    also true killers will tunnel no matter what ds does not stop them either.

  • Another reason there SEEM to be more Tunneling now, and I don't necessarily agree, is the days are long gone when people were actively taking protection hits, doing shoulder saves, and regular hook sabotage. I remember a time when the Killer had to fight to get that prey to the hook. The change isn't in the Killers; it is the Survivors and how THEY play that has altered.

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/239339/d-strike-is-atrocious

    DS works exactly as it did before in so far as dealing with tunneling. These various threads and posts are nonsensical. The only reason Killers are having a "field day" as you put it is because a bunch of Survivors threw a hissy fit and stopped running DS. If the Killer sees no Obsession, they know there is no DS. Are you picking up what I'm putting down? Run DS again, so there is an Obsession, and Killers will assume it is there and play accordingly.

    If only did it help against tunneling. Most killers don't facecamp at red rank, but they tunnel. Healing and killer downing you without a perk means it really isn't a perk at all. It punishes for playing the game.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2076130#Comment_2076130

    If only did it help against tunneling. Most killers don't facecamp at red rank, but they tunnel. Healing and killer downing you without a perk means it really isn't a perk at all. It punishes for playing the game.

    Again, it does the SAME thing in so far as tunneling as it did before. Your argument doesn't hold water if you don't say it was exactly the same BEFORE this update. :) If you feel it punishes you, don't take it; problem solved! Seriously, if you guys spent half as much energy on playing the game and practicing as you do bellyaching over here, you wouldn't have ANY of the problems you talk about.

  • @ilovedbd123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2072020#Comment_2072020

    You still didn't equip it for 3 of the games.

    Why do you expect value from something that your not running? If you didn't run it then it had no chance to stop tunneling. That's a stupid argument.

    I called you sugar once, and it was to symbolise how sheltered you must be. Your whole view seems to be "I got tunneled, I didn't play optimally, I can't loop, but Ds sucks" it's your fault your not getting anything from it. If you cannot do anything with the 5s stun then that's on you. Most good players can. They can loop again given the chance and easily sway the game in the survivors favour forcing killer to play catch up.

    So your saying you rescuer every game tried to take agro by leaving obvious scratch marks whilst you stealthed away, and he even then tried to get their attention to stop them tunneling.

    I'm saying once he started a chase he's not likely to drop it for harder downs. It's just not in their interest. They've already sunk time into getting you so the logical thing to do is tunnel you. It sucks but there you go.

    well i'll agree to disagree and move on :) bye "sugar"

  • 1,000th DS is bad-post with no evidence since the All-Kill update.

  • When I use ds now I think about my current situation. Is it more beneficial for my gameplay to deactivate ds and go on this gen? Or is the killer close and it might just be better to hide and see if they go after me? If I believe it'll be more beneficial to go on the gen or cleanse the totem or heal up and go for the save then I know I'm not getting tunneled. Otherwise I keep ds activated. I make this decision within 10 seconds of ds activating because seeing how ds is supposed to be used you'd know within 10 seconds if you ACTUALLY need ds.

  • @DivineZak said:

    Anyone else think D-strike is a waste of a perk slot now? It's only really useful if some idiot farms you and you still get slugged anyway, these killers are having a field day when they see no ds. I run in a swf so I never get farmed and someone is always running BT, the 60 second really is a waste of time where you could be doing something valuable. No one runs DS anymore I think they should change it but in a way were it's still run able or at least do something about the incessant slugging.

    DS could use further tuning as you can open exit gates without it not deactivating. It is still extremely good perk as hitting one will often make the killer not tunnel anyone else.

  • Well, to me ds was a waste of a perk slot before, because tunneling in my games where not that common as other people seem to have experienced.

    Now, however, tunneling is in the rise. Now it might become worth a slot.

1 2 ›