(Serious Topic) Anyone else having a genuine negative reaction to the Trickster?

Now, I know a lot of you people don't take triggers (and i mean ACTUAL triggers, y'know, ptsd like stuff) serious and find it a ground for mockery (you oughta do some soulsearching), but for everyone else:


Is anyone else showing a serious negative reaction to the trickster?

I mean physical unwellness, panic states etc?

This is the first killer where this happened, and I don't like it. Maybe it is because he ticks of so many red flags

Comments

  • @MeltingPenguins said:

    Now, I know a lot of you people don't take triggers (and i mean ACTUAL triggers, y'know, ptsd like stuff) serious and find it a ground for mockery (you oughta do some soulsearching), but for everyone else:

    Is anyone else showing a serious negative reaction to the trickster?

    I mean physical unwellness, panic states etc?

    This is the first killer where this happened, and I don't like it. Maybe it is because he ticks of so many red flags

    I don’t follow...

  • Like, everyone has killers they don't like, right? Now amplify this manifold and imagine that a killer you 'normally' don't like causes you physical unwellness. Like, your body nearly shutting down and stressing out painfully, without there being any obvious rhyme or reason to it.

  • i don’t understand what’s up with me I don’t like trickster I think he’s weak but I’m not overreacting about it yes he’s weak but I love his design and music it’s so catchy but damn everybody needs to calm down he will be buffed next Tuesday

  • Unless someone's got a repressed history of trauma involving Korean pop star serial killers breaking into their home at night and murdering them, then I can't really see what flags you say he is setting off.

  • @MeltingPenguins said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2061702#Comment_2061702

    Like, everyone has killers they don't like, right? Now amplify this manifold and imagine that a killer you 'normally' don't like causes you physical unwellness. Like, your body nearly shutting down and stressing out painfully, without there being any obvious rhyme or reason to it.

    That sounds terrible. I’m sorry this a condition you experience. Hope you find a way to manage it mate.

  • @MeltingPenguins said:

    Now, I know a lot of you people don't take triggers (and i mean ACTUAL triggers, y'know, ptsd like stuff) serious and find it a ground for mockery (you oughta do some soulsearching), but for everyone else:

    Is anyone else showing a serious negative reaction to the trickster?

    I mean physical unwellness, panic states etc?

    This is the first killer where this happened, and I don't like it. Maybe it is because he ticks of so many red flags

    I get what you mean, my friend gets like that when it comes to Oni. While I don't have it with Trickster I understand where you're coming from.

  • @Superyoshiegg said:

    Unless someone's got a repressed history of trauma involving Korean pop star serial killers breaking into their home at night and murdering them, then I can't really see what flags you say he is setting off.

    and there's the mockery.

    If you didn't mean it like that: it doesn't have to be anything specific like that. just an onslaught of things and associations and stuff.

    @Chilli_man2400 said:

    i don’t understand what’s up with me I don’t like trickster I think he’s weak but I’m not overreacting about it yes he’s weak but I love his design and music it’s so catchy but damn everybody needs to calm down he will be buffed next Tuesday

    you couldn't have missed the point by a bigger margin.

  • @Chilli_man2400 said:

    i don’t understand what’s up with me I don’t like trickster I think he’s weak but I’m not overreacting about it yes he’s weak but I love his design and music it’s so catchy but damn everybody needs to calm down he will be buffed next Tuesday

    Source please?

  • Take it easy. Or at least try to.

    I have a similar experience, but with a Survivor. I can only cope because he’s fake.

  • @MeltingPenguins said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2061719#Comment_2061719

    and there's the mockery.

    If you didn't mean it like that: it doesn't have to be anything specific like that. just an onslaught of things and associations and stuff.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2061712#Comment_2061712

    you couldn't have missed the point by a bigger margin.

    What do you mean I literally said I agree he sucks I just love his music and design

  • @Chilli_man2400 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2061729#Comment_2061729

    What do you mean I literally said I agree he sucks I just love his music and design

    It's not that I think he sucks (which he does though, like good gracious), it's that the entire character makes me physically unwell (and i don't even know why)

    @NoelleMina said:

    Take it easy. Or at least try to.

    I have a similar experience, but with a Survivor. I can only cope because he’s fake.

    sorry to hear. I mean I try, I'm just really worried that this even happens. Like, I got absurdly unwell with the doctor already, but not to this degree.

  • @MeltingPenguins said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2061745#Comment_2061745

    It's not that I think he sucks (which he does though, like good gracious), it's that the entire character makes me physically unwell (and i don't even know why)

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2061739#Comment_2061739

    sorry to hear. I mean I try, I'm just really worried that this even happens. Like, I got absurdly unwell with the doctor already, but not to this degree.

    Maybe it's the combination of his constant laughing and the music that clash together. They're designed to be as distressing and weird as possible (and imo he laughs a little bit too much to the point where it's just ######### annoying). The voice acting is fantastic don't get me wrong and I like what they're going for, but hearing it literally constantly is gonna get annoying real soon.

    But for others I could see how it would potentially stress them out. It does cross into the uncanny valley a bit, and the noise is quite overwhelming.

  • Seems you complained and threw a fit so much before is release that now the negativity has swallowed you whole. Pessimism causes this stuff.


    @ALostPuppy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2061755#Comment_2061755

    Maybe it's the combination of his constant laughing and the music that clash together. They're designed to be as distressing and weird as possible (and imo he laughs a little bit too much to the point where it's just ######### annoying). The voice acting is fantastic don't get me wrong and I like what they're going for, but hearing it literally constantly is gonna get annoying real soon.

    But for others I could see how it would potentially stress them out. It does cross into the uncanny valley a bit, and the noise is quite overwhelming.

    I loved his giggles and laughs in the testing, but I think they amped it up a bit too much. Before he mostly giggled and laughed here and there. Now it's like constant. :o

  • @ALostPuppy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2061755#Comment_2061755

    Maybe it's the combination of his constant laughing and the music that clash together. They're designed to be as distressing and weird as possible (and imo he laughs a little bit too much to the point where it's just ######### annoying). The voice acting is fantastic don't get me wrong and I like what they're going for, but hearing it literally constantly is gonna get annoying real soon.

    But for others I could see how it would potentially stress them out. It does cross into the uncanny valley a bit, and the noise is quite overwhelming.

    I think the laugh is one factor.

    Like, I LOVE deathslinger's chuckle. but where Deathslinger has the air of a sarcastic bastard who plays fair-ish (designwise, not how some people play him), trickster's just... no.

  • @MeltingPenguins said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2061794#Comment_2061794

    I think the laugh is one factor.

    Like, I LOVE deathslinger's chuckle. but where Deathslinger has the air of a sarcastic bastard who plays fair-ish (designwise, not how some people play him), trickster's just... no.

    Can't you be more specific on what those red flags are? Being ambiguous isn't helping anyone.

  • Mmm, I get it. Bubba and Billy use to turn my stomach, but it's the disfigurement angle for me mixed with chainsaws. I got use to it, but I'm not a big fan of the characters still.

  • His music. That’s tricksters menu theme and the official trailer for trickster I love the music in both of those

  • His ######### secondary power makes my ears hurt when it's "ready" and makes me quesy when it's active.

  • Some people have a similar experience with plague from what I’ve seen

    As for my I don’t like spirit moaning sounds as they just irritate me but that’s about it

  • I don't understand the hate people are dishing out. I get it, another bad killer but is it really worth it to lash out?

    I am only disappointed and will probably never really play the killer, but you don't see me coming out with hateful threads about him.

  • @Chilli_man2400 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2061827#Comment_2061827

    His music. That’s tricksters menu theme and the official trailer for trickster I love the music in both of those

    You said they are buffing him next tuesday. So I asked for the source of that info.

  • @DeadHardMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2061832#Comment_2061832

    Can't you be more specific on what those red flags are? Being ambiguous isn't helping anyone.

    I DON'T KNOW what is setting the alarmbells off exactly. It's like... with trickster's chuckle the first association is all those bastards that will harass (and worse) women (and others) and boast about it because they KNOW they'll get away with it cause they're 'famous'

    @Phasmamain said:

    Some people have a similar experience with plague from what I’ve seen

    As for my I don’t like spirit moaning sounds as they just irritate me but that’s about it

    Plague I can absolutely understand, emetophobia is a genuine thing, after all. And a lot of people are seriously taken aback how much Spirit (and feng, too) are sexualized despite being made to look like minors.

  • @MeltingPenguins said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2061836#Comment_2061836

    I DON'T KNOW what is setting the alarmbells off exactly. It's like... with trickster's chuckle the first association is all those bastards that will harass (and worse) women (and others) and boast about it because they KNOW they'll get away with it cause they're 'famous'

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2061849#Comment_2061849

    Plague I can absolutely understand, emetophobia is a genuine thing, after all. And a lot of people are seriously taken aback how much Spirit (and feng, too) are sexualized despite being made to look like minors.

    There is a reason you feel this way.

    image.png

    They are using the same architype.

  • @MeltingPenguins said:

    Now, I know a lot of you people don't take triggers (and i mean ACTUAL triggers, y'know, ptsd like stuff) serious and find it a ground for mockery (you oughta do some soulsearching), but for everyone else:

    Is anyone else showing a serious negative reaction to the trickster?

    I mean physical unwellness, panic states etc?

    This is the first killer where this happened, and I don't like it. Maybe it is because he ticks of so many red flags

    The only thing I think that came close was Plague, with people having legitimate physical reactions to her power. However I think this is a big enough concern to take directly to customer support. If this is as serious as you're making it, then I feel like they should make your account exempt from DC penalty on survivor. Also try replacing the Tricksters selection image in killer select, to avoid the visual reminder.

  • @VESSEL said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/238317/serious-topic-anyone-else-having-a-genuine-negative-reaction-to-the-trickster

    The only thing I think that came close was Plague, with people having legitimate physical reactions to her power. However I think this is a big enough concern to take directly to customer support. If this is as serious as you're making it, then I feel like they should make your account exempt from DC penalty on survivor. Also try replacing the Tricksters selection image in killer select, to avoid the visual reminder.

    They should make it an option to not be put into lobbies with certain killers. I know some people would exploit that, but by all means it might improve things overall

  • Maybe the laugh is a good clue? I tested him, and though I'm not at all impacted in your way, I think I can have some thoughts about it. Now that I think of it, Trickster is the only one who sounds like actually *enjoy* being here, doing what he's doing.

    Doctor's laugh just prove his madness (in my sense) and you wrapped up the Deathslinger's one pretty good. For most of the other killers, they're are just too monstrous to care or have accepted their fate as bad guys.


    And I think that the fact that Clown sound so much like an old man with a lot of health problems diminish the uneasiness of his laughs.

  • @HellDescent said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2061846#Comment_2061846

    You said they are buffing him next tuesday. So I asked for the source of that info.

    Sorry my mistake. I said his buff might come next Tuesday from all the negative feedback happening today he’s getting a buff guarantee

  • @ThonMaïs said:

    Maybe the laugh is a good clue? I tested him, and though I'm not at all impacted in your way, I think I can have some thoughts about it. Now that I think of it, Trickster is the only one who sounds like actually *enjoy* being here, doing what he's doing.

    Doctor's laugh just prove his madness (in my sense) and you wrapped up the Deathslinger's one pretty good. For most of the other killers, they're are just too monstrous to care or have accepted their fate as bad guys.

    And I think that the fact that Clown sound so much like an old man with a lot of health problems diminish the uneasiness of his laughs.

    clown is still very... slimy? and now look at Clown's lore...

  • @MeltingPenguins said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2061745#Comment_2061745

    It's not that I think he sucks (which he does though, like good gracious), it's that the entire character makes me physically unwell (and i don't even know why)

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2061739#Comment_2061739

    sorry to hear. I mean I try, I'm just really worried that this even happens. Like, I got absurdly unwell with the doctor already, but not to this degree.

    Sounds like you have a touch of epilepsy

  • @MeltingPenguins said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2061836#Comment_2061836

    I DON'T KNOW what is setting the alarmbells off exactly. It's like... with trickster's chuckle the first association is all those bastards that will harass (and worse) women (and others) and boast about it because they KNOW they'll get away with it cause they're 'famous'

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2061849#Comment_2061849

    Plague I can absolutely understand, emetophobia is a genuine thing, after all. And a lot of people are seriously taken aback how much Spirit (and feng, too) are sexualized despite being made to look like minors.

    Yeah I can see where you're coming from now that you clarified. Yeah, Trickster is the "psychotic and rich pretty boy who thinks he can get away with anything" character archetype. I can see why he seems unsettling to you.

  • @Chilli_man2400 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2061866#Comment_2061866

    Sorry my mistake. I said his buff might come next Tuesday from all the negative feedback happening today he’s getting a buff guarantee

    They are not gonna giving him any until midchapter...and even that is a stretch

  • Tbf, I still think that if you're not good in violent or horrific environment, you shouldn't really be there...

    This topic reminds me of Elise, from League of Legends, who is a woman who can morph into a huge spider. The devs said that on her first appearance, one guy passed behind a drawer, got spinechills and asked to make her differently, because his arachnophobia was acting on seriously with the first concept. Still, the character give a hard time for the people who suffer this phobia. And I can understand how this is a problem, since LoL is a fantasy game with a lot of colors, magics, cute and handsome characters. You don't really expect to be scared.

    But this is different for DbD. I think that would be too hard to ask for changes because you choose to put yourself in a situation where you know you'd be stressed badly. Though I won't say "stop playing" either, obviously. I think you'll have to learn to live with it.

  • ... nope. It's not epilepsy, it's not the colours or anything.

    @ThonMaïs said:

    Tbf, I still think that if you're not good in violent or horrific environment, you shouldn't really be there...

    This topic reminds me of Elise, from League of Legends, who is a woman who can morph into a huge spider. The devs said that on her first appearance, one guy passed behind a drawer, got spinechills and asked to make her differently, because his arachnophobia was acting on seriously with the first concept. Still, the character give a hard time for the people who suffer this phobia. And I can understand how this is a problem, since LoL is a fantasy game with a lot of colors, magics, cute and handsome characters. You don't really expect to be scared.

    But this is different for DbD. I think that would be too hard to ask for changes because you choose to put yourself in a situation where you know you'd be stressed badly. Though I won't say "stop playing" either, obviously. I think you'll have to learn to live with it.

    it's this one killer (and doctor, but with doctor it's not as bad, just more annoying). I'm fine with the overall and all of dbd, so kindly cut it with that tone.

  • I saw some posts during the ptb say that Trickster was trigger for them. There was alot of "this is just a game, get over it" comments.

  • Sorry for the tone, English is not my primary language.

    Not sorry for my arguments, since I say them fully.

  • @MeltingPenguins said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2061945#Comment_2061945

    ... nope. It's not epilepsy, it's not the colours or anything.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2061971#Comment_2061971

    it's this one killer (and doctor, but with doctor it's not as bad, just more annoying). I'm fine with the overall and all of dbd, so kindly cut it with that tone.

    Epilepsy doesn't have to do with lights and colours all the time. it's even sounds and things like that. even a scene that brings back memories from childhood continue into a seizure if yourenot careful

  • @HellDescent said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2061920#Comment_2061920

    They are not gonna giving him any until midchapter...and even that is a stretch

    I disagree Spirit, ghostface and Twins were changed in a week and 2 out of 3 of them are great. Expect Twins

  • @ThonMaïs said:

    Sorry for the tone, English is not my primary language.

    Not sorry for my arguments, since I say them fully.

    Ah, I see. I'm sorry for my tone as well.

    @Blindninja said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2061974#Comment_2061974

    Epilepsy doesn't have to do with lights and colours all the time. it's even sounds and things like that. even a scene that brings back memories from childhood continue into a seizure if yourenot careful

    yeah, but it's not that. similar, sure, but not like that. Thing that worries me most? I can't even tell what it is. like, i have no trouble with the archetype or similar characters, like i get majorly annoyed with them for what they do and things, but this... is new.

  • @MeltingPenguins said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2061990#Comment_2061990

    Ah, I see. I'm sorry for my tone as well.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2062011#Comment_2062011

    yeah, but it's not that. similar, sure, but not like that. Thing that worries me most? I can't even tell what it is. like, i have no trouble with the archetype or similar characters, like i get majorly annoyed with them for what they do and things, but this... is new.

    Excuse me but I think you should go to the doctor, perhaps there's a medical reason why you feel like it that maybe needs to be treated or can be treated. Don't feel like I am attacking you or something like that.

  • No. Definitely not.

  • @Saitamfed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2062173#Comment_2062173

    Excuse me but I think you should go to the doctor, perhaps there's a medical reason why you feel like it that maybe needs to be treated or can be treated. Don't feel like I am attacking you or something like that.

    waiting list is ~2 years...

  • Trickster definitely is the most realistic killer in the game.

    Not just in the sense that he is a normal dude that kills people. In the sense that he is the actual personality type for a real life successful serial killer: They are clearly a psychopathic narcissist who is pretty and talented so people trust him and thus he can get away with his crimes.

    One of my buds is an EMT, regularly deals with psych patients, and thought the trickster was the most interesting character on the cast for this reason.

    So it stands to reason that, yeah, he is going to be one of the more 'triggering' killers. No one really has had trauma involving a jacked up dude in rubber overalls slashing them with a machette and placing beartraps around wearing a skull mask.

    It doesn't help that he is the most vocal. He is very clearly excited by pain. He is manic. He is manic in a way real ass people are manic.

  • @Superyoshiegg said:

    Unless someone's got a repressed history of trauma involving Korean pop star serial killers breaking into their home at night and murdering them, then I can't really see what flags you say he is setting off.

    ikr im confused. I like his power and his look, but he needs a definite buff

  • Trickster clearly has sinister volley effect on me which is disturbing. And that is good.

  • @dezzmont said:

    Trickster definitely is the most realistic killer in the game.

    Not just in the sense that he is a normal dude that kills people. In the sense that he is the actual personality type for a real life successful serial killer: They are clearly a psychopathic narcissist who is pretty and talented so people trust him and thus he can get away with his crimes.

    One of my buds is an EMT, regularly deals with psych patients, and thought the trickster was the most interesting character on the cast for this reason.

    So it stands to reason that, yeah, he is going to be one of the more 'triggering' killers. No one really has had trauma involving a jacked up dude in rubber overalls slashing them with a machette and placing beartraps around wearing a skull mask.

    It doesn't help that he is the most vocal. He is very clearly excited by pain. He is manic. He is manic in a way real ass people are manic.

    Honestly if it wasn't for the fact that Trickster is way too flamboyant for me to take seriously I'd be genuinely afraid given how realistically insane he is

    Now if you put Trickster's personality, minus the flamboyance, to a image like this a

    image.png

    congrats, you've succeeded in scaring me pretty bad

  • Plague makes me feel sick? I hate vomit.

‹ 1 2