Why does teabagging offend you or work you up?

Some random dude that you don't even know is doing it in DBD, why do you even care? It is not even real teabagging, because they are not doing it over your virtual dead body.

Or is it that teabagging reminds you that the survivor (or the whole SWF team) is a better player and you just simply can't accept this fact that they are better?

Comments

  • @fogdonkey said:

    Some random dude that you don't even know is doing it in DBD, why do you even care? It is not even real teabagging, because they are not doing it over your virtual dead body.

    Or is it that teabagging reminds you that the survivor (or the whole SWF team) is a better player and you just simply can't accept this fact that they are better?

    becuz i follow buch of survivior rules and they tbag me afterwards

    becuz im rank1 killer and win 7 out of 10 games and in those where i lose they tbag me at the exit gates

  • @vector said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/237689/why-does-teabagging-offend-you-or-work-you-up

    becuz i follow buch of survivior rules and they tbag me afterwards

    becuz im rank1 killer and win 7 out of 10 games and in those where i lose they tbag me at the exit gates

    Exactly. It's like in real life, you flip the loser the bird, instead of shaking hands. It cost you nothing to not do it, but people decide to be trashbags and do it regardless. But woawoa when they lose a game, they get salty. Hypocrites.

  • I actually enjoy it when survivors that think they're the shi* teabag me. Makes it that so much more satisfying when I outplay them.

    Teabagging at exitgates is kinda childish though. I never bm because I know what its like to play killer. People do it solely to bm, so I don't mind teabagging as it just shows how little morals that person has. And it feels great to outplay them.

  • T bagging is a form of BM, and let's face it, you're doing it to get on your opponents nerves. You're basically being an idiot. Now, being an idiot is kinda like farting, it's your choice to do it and you never really realise how ######### it is to the others, but you can't be all astonished when you get a negative reaction.

  • Well how about this; why does someone raising their middle finger at you make you mad or offend you? Its not hurting you or doing anything, it's just their middle finger.

    Tbagging is obviously them giving you the finger or saying "haha screw you". Its their gesture to flip you off

    You're gonna get douche bags in any pvp video game so i do agree it's not worth getting mad at but it's still very irritating to go against these kinds of people when you just wanna enjoy yourself and you got some idiot trying to get on your nerves

  • As someone who has been bullied my whole life, and who has escaped into video games to avoid such bullying and calm mental health etc, knowing that even when I try to escape my life through video games, knowing that people make it their goal to ruin others fun for their own really just sickens me.

    This is why I never t-bag and try to avoid tunneling, because why am I to assume the person on the other side has thick skin? What if something has been going on with their life and they want to forget about the pain? what if that person is questioning why bother living? People will go "But that's not everyone" - look up statistics on mental health and suicide. It's only gone up higher in recent years. I've been there too. And while it is "just a game", every thing adds up. Life isn't a series of unrelated events, it's a mountain of things that pile up and up.

    But to move away from that topic, I just don't like ruining someone's fun. The only streamer I've heard directly talk about it is (took out streamer name) who said he really didn't give a ######### about who he hurt, it's his fun that matters. Maybe I'm overexaggerating that quote? Maybe, but that's the only thing I ever remember him saying.

    Although it is important to recognize when a survivor is teabagging because they know they can get away with it, VS when they teabag because they're about to lose/die so they need to recover their ego with the "well...I'm still better than you" mental gymnastic. 80% of the time they usually say "was it really gg though? :)" in the end chat.

    Also, it's important to mention that I frequently shake and lose feeling in my hands when I play killer, so that could be a side effect from the worst kinds of players.

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/237689/why-does-teabagging-offend-you-or-work-you-up

    It is bad sportsmanship; that is enough reason to consider it bad for the game and idiotic. There is a reason the NFL (and other sports franchises) fine the crud out of coaches and players who engage in it. When you are playing a game (amateur or pro) against other people, a certain degree of sportsmanship is the expectation. Doing otherwise is betrayal of that social contract. You are being rude to be rude. It is like weird, juvenile people who flip the bird at strangers or yell insults to people for no apparent reason. See below:

    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/11/16/nfl-fines-bud-adams-250000/

    Games are supposed to be fun, and adding some kind of weird insults outside of the game itself just to try and aggravate other people shows you to be a defective person, not worthy of my time. Why would I want to throw any games your way when there are people who are worthy? Killers who hit people on the hook are engaging in the same bad manners. Killers (like Ghostface) who can tea-bag players deserve the same contempt. I don't let Tea-baggers trigger me, but that doesn't mean I approve of the behavior or cut said people any slack whatsoever.

    Imagine how bad I felt when I accidentally crouched on 2 downed survivor as pig because I mixed m2 and control when I tried to put the rbt on them.

    Honestly, not being sarcastic here.

  • @burt0r said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2056861#Comment_2056861

    Imagine how bad I felt when I accidentally crouched on 2 downed survivor as pig because I mixed m2 and control when I tried to put the rbt on them.

    Honestly, not being sarcastic here.

    Yeah, I'm sure you aren't the only new Pig player that has happened to, but once you knew how to do it... I'm sure you didn't continue the behavior? We aren't really talking about accidental faux pas, but rather patterns of rude, unsportsmanlike behavior repeated over and over again.

  • @TeabagsU said:

    LOOOOOOOOOT of crying killers here. Is that normal?

    This is an incorrect assumption. Most of the people in this thread play both Killer and Survivor (often equally). I don't like seeing tea-baggers regardless of what role I'm currently playing.

  • @NoOneKnowsNova said:

    I'll start of by saying that, unlike the others above me, it does get to me, but only when it's done at the exit gates.

    It just feels like they're rubbing it in my face that I lost, and although I'm fine with losing when tbagging is involved it just annoys me. Usually it leads me to playing worse and getting more angry, causing a cycle up until I win or just drop the game for the day.

    If I had to take a guess, I'd presume it gets to me a lot due to my mental state which, to put it nicely, is not in a great place.

    That's understandable. I usually only get upset if I feel they're doing it to spite me as a person, mainly this means t-bagging at the gates like you said. I will say that if you feel that this game, or any other game for that matter, is negatively effecting your mental health then don't play it. Perhaps play a single player game instead. There's plenty of chill single player games to play. I don't know you're personal situation, and I'm not going to be so rude as to ask, but just remember that there'll always be someone who cares about you and wants you to be happy. And if not, then with the invention of the internet, making friends has never been easier. Furthermore, there are countless places you can call or visit to talk about your feelings if you feel alone or scared. I've heard and seen too many cries for help that go unanswered but I hope I'm not being inappropriate with what I've said. Regardless, have a wonderful day!

  • @RoboMojo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2056179#Comment_2056179

    That's understandable. I usually only get upset if I feel they're doing it to spite me as a person, mainly this means t-bagging at the gates like you said. I will say that if you feel that this game, or any other game for that matter, is negatively effecting your mental health then don't play it. Perhaps play a single player game instead. There's plenty of chill single player games to play. I don't know you're personal situation, and I'm not going to be so rude as to ask, but just remember that there'll always be someone who cares about you and wants you to be happy. And if not, then with the invention of the internet, making friends has never been easier. Furthermore, there are countless places you can call or visit to talk about your feelings if you feel alone or scared. I've heard and seen too many cries for help that go unanswered but I hope I'm not being inappropriate with what I've said. Regardless, have a wonderful day!

    I wish I could quit this game, but its similar to a drug to me, its addicting and there's nothing else that brings out the same good feelings. When I win or lose but had fun, I feel like I'm on cloud nine but when ######### like teabagging on clicking at the gates happens it completely reverses it.

    Despite this, I do play some single player games or multiplayer games that don't get to me as often (Examples being Football Manager and Rocket League) so I often switch to those when DBD puts me in a ######### mood.

    Although many people say they care for me, I have trust issues due to past "friends" and due to such I struggle believing current ones. While the internet is great for trying to make new ones, it's also easy to lie on the internet as you can't read someones real emotions unlike real life where you can somewhat tell what someones thinking.

    You weren't inappropriate in any way and I hope you have a wonderful day too!

  • Same when survivors gets tunneled they can get upset, and still you only go after 25% of the team and the rest can do gens with no pressure. There is no reason to get mad.

    It's just a game and no rules about it let people t-bag/camp or whatever. It is their right.

  • Well if they deliver a few tea bags and I still get them I'll deliver a few nods back.

  • Teabagging in general is rude in almost every game. Its just a way of telling a person "ha I'm better than you" imo.

  • Go play as killer in red ranks during rush hours and u won't have to ask.

  • Because it's the in-game version of saying "######### you". And if you're gonna just take that sitting down, then I don't know what else to say to you.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    Because it's the in-game version of saying "######### you". And if you're gonna just take that sitting down, then I don't know what else to say to you.

    killer t bag is you down them and walk by their head and go back and forward, we can say [Bad Word] you to them too....

  • It's free comedy. "You dropped a pallet and now you're teabagging because... I can break it and continue the chase? Okay."

  • @Phasmamain said:

    Never bothered me tbh. They’re not getting as much distance after a stun

    But they can afford to BM even if it puts them at a disadvantage. They're the survivors after all. That's all high level play is about: survivors playing poorly or risky and getting completely bailed out by gen rush, poorly designed maps, and second chances.

  • Sign of disrespect or a way to tilt your opponent.

  • @Rellewd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2057821#Comment_2057821

    killer t bag is you down them and walk by their head and go back and forward, we can say [Bad Word] you to them too....

    If you can even down them, which in most maps and with high level survivors, you straight-up can't, not without a 2-gens tradeoff.

  • @QwQw said:

    It doesn't bother me much, but it still irks me a little that people want to use a strategy that provides no in game advantage and only exists to piss people off.

    The pissing people off literally is the strategy and advantage

    I've seen killers throw their entire game just because they got so tilted from someone teabagging

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2056120#Comment_2056120

    But they can afford to BM even if it puts them at a disadvantage. They're the survivors after all. That's all high level play is about: survivors playing poorly or risky and getting completely bailed out by gen rush, poorly designed maps, and second chances.

    Gen rush?

    Ill agree about the maps though the majority are trash

    Tbagging is just a nothing to me since I’ve gotten used to it. Send GG after every game and move on

  • It doesn't. Even makes me laugh because it looks so dumb lol

  • @TreSen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2056134#Comment_2056134

    The pissing people off literally is the strategy and advantage

    I've seen killers throw their entire game just because they got so tilted from someone teabagging

    Yeah I know that. My point is that it irks me that people want to use a strategy that only exists to piss the other side off.

  • Doesn't bother me but I do it all the time in a chase :) To me, it's not BM'ing. I'm doing my job as Survivor to keep the killers' attention solely on me. The longer I loop him/her, the more gens "should" be getting done and then I won't have to worry about a random survivor throwing every pallet down in less than a second before the killer has even gotten to them. I'm a Rank 1 and the amount of stupid ######### that I've seen other survivors do at that Rank is mindblowing.

  • its an unnecessary movement that is mainly used to annoy players. its just like closing the door in someones face when you clearly know they were about to go through it, just annoying.

1 2 ›