This game is the single most frustrating unejoyable experience out of any playable games currently.

As a solo survivor. It doesn't matter how many shots you give this game. It doesn't matter how many breaks or philoshopies you adopt to try to see things differently. Once you hit red ranks as a solo survivor, this game becomes unplayable. You either consistently have a squad to play with you or just gotta uninstall.


Balance doesn't exist, and unless the killer is very unexperienced and you happen to get the occasional green/yellow/brown rank, you have to get ready to just sit back and watch 3 randoms crouching in a corner while nothing gets done and everyone eventually dies.

Conclusion, play survive with friends or don't play at all.

Comments

  • I mean, I feel like I do pretty well Solo.

    Does Solo Q need help? Big time, they need it badly.

    Is it unplayable? No, just unpleasant.

  • @Pulsar said:

    I mean, I feel like I do pretty well Solo.

    Does Solo Q need help? Big time, they need it badly.

    Is it unplayable? No, just unpleasant.

    Me too. MOST of my Survivor matches are Solo and I feel I get out slightly more than I die, and I regularly inch my way into the Red before the cycle resets. I feel the same as you, i.e. Solo Que is certainly tougher but not unplayable.

  • That is a side effect of what happens when the game is balanced around a 4man SWF genrush and constantly buffing killers. Solos don't have any chance to win against a decent killer. Survivors have been nerfed too much.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    That is a side effect of what happens when the game is balanced around a 4man SWF genrush and constantly buffing killers. Solos don't have any chance to win against a decent killer. Survivors have been nerfed too much.

    Again, not true, I win as a Solo Survivor all the time.

    It is definitely way more difficult than playing SWF, but it sure isn't impossible. I think buffs to Solo Q are necessary, but to say Solo's have no chance is just incorrect.

  • To be honest, this is what happens for Solo players playing a game that is heavily designed around team-play. Overwatch suffers the same issue. As a solo player, you can have the game of your week as far as your own performance, and one or two other people not pulling their weight on your six-man team can force a loss no matter what you do.

    It's the reason I refuse to play Overwatch without the Friends & Family team anymore, and why I will never again play solo survivor in DbD.

    Unfortunately, since no one I know gives a lick about DbD, I ended up never touching survivor again and being a pure Killer main. Which led to burnout, and I haven't touched the game since November-December. The most frustrating match in Overwatch isn't as frustrating as a lot of killer matches in DbD.

  • Unfortunately the devs have backed themselves into a corner trying to ride the fence as it pertains to swf v. Solo. At the moment (what I’m about to say is a generalization) killer is a bit over tuned versus a pug group and under tuned versus an swf. They are trying to have their cake and eat it to in this regard. Unfortunately it’s driving away a lot of killers who have zero fun against some swf and at the same time driving away solo Q who get stomped.


    they have to make a decision on how they want this game balanced. Just my 2 cents.

  • @OBX said:

    Unfortunately the devs have backed themselves into a corner trying to ride the fence as it pertains to swf v. Solo. At the moment (what I’m about to say is a generalization) killer is a bit over tuned versus a pug group and under tuned versus an swf. They are trying to have their cake and eat it to in this regard. Unfortunately it’s driving away a lot of killers who have zero fun against some swf and at the same time driving away solo Q who get stomped.

    they have to make a decision on how they want this game balanced. Just my 2 cents.

    This game cant be balanced unfortunately. The only thing they can do is nerf/buff some killers/perks,to make them more « fair ». The only nerf they have made thats unfair was the billy nerf. Billy needs to be the same he was pre nerf

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2053973#Comment_2053973

    Again, not true, I win as a Solo Survivor all the time.

    It is definitely way more difficult than playing SWF, but it sure isn't impossible. I think buffs to Solo Q are necessary, but to say Solo's have no chance is just incorrect.

    But there's not much you can do for solos. I think part of what makes DBD unique is the immersion. Giving teamspeak or giving everyone auras sounds too competitive and that is not fun either. DBD got successful for being a casual game. At rank 1, it is everything but.

  • They are scared to anger the money maker so pretend it doesn't exist.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2053973#Comment_2053973

    But there's not much you can do for solos. I think part of what makes DBD unique is the immersion. Giving teamspeak or giving everyone auras sounds too competitive and that is not fun either. DBD got successful for being a casual game. At rank 1, it is everything but.

    Ay yo, you good Sluzzy?

    You responded to yourself.

  • First of all I appreciate the general chill and respectful mood of this thread, I really am fed up with petty fights and highschool attitude in these forums/games.


    @Kilmeran said:

    To be honest, this is what happens for Solo players playing a game that is heavily designed around team-play. Overwatch suffers the same issue. As a solo player, you can have the game of your week as far as your own performance, and one or two other people not pulling their weight on your six-man team can force a loss no matter what you do.

    It's the reason I refuse to play Overwatch without the Friends & Family team anymore, and why I will never again play solo survivor in DbD.

    Unfortunately, since no one I know gives a lick about DbD, I ended up never touching survivor again and being a pure Killer main. Which led to burnout, and I haven't touched the game since November-December. The most frustrating match in Overwatch isn't as frustrating as a lot of killer matches in DbD.


    True, there's an inherent component to cooperative games, in which you need to rely on other people's competence and experience, and your individual and personal contribution only goes so far. That's just how it works and DBD is no different. However I do believe there are some things that could be done to make life a bit easier for solo survivor in comparison to SWF. Knowing who's being chased (obsession, for example) isn't a bad feature, but it's by far not enough. Things like basekit Kindred and maybe in game buffs/penalisations based on whether or not there's SWF involved in the game or not. For example the moment you join someone in a SWF team there's a cap to how many DS/BTs or other very strong perks can be used, maybe max. 2 per team, items, also repairing speed (it could be nerfed for SWF teams, buffer for solos, or similar ideas). They could introduce game conditions that specifically affect SWF and solos separately.

    Example: Limit of DS/BT/Syringes = 1 of each every 2 survivors. So in a 2 man SWF max 1 of each, in a 4 man SWF 2 of each. (2 DS, 2 BT, 2 syringes top per team).


    Repair speed in general (or skillcheck dificulty, or number of generators, introduce X): a % slower every SWF member in the team. If there's 2 SWF you repair 5% slower. With 3 SWF you repair 7% slower. With full SWF gens are 9/10% slower.


    These are quick ideas, not mandatory. The point is, they could introduce very specific mechanics to balance the matches.


    Make it easier for solos, because it's much harder to begin with.

    Make it harder for SWF, because it's much easier to begin with.


    The more SWF, the harder conditions.

  • There are some easy fixes for solo they refuse to try, like in game chat where all survivors can hear each other, or at least basekit kindred.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    That is a side effect of what happens when the game is balanced around a 4man SWF genrush and constantly buffing killers. Solos don't have any chance to win against a decent killer. Survivors have been nerfed too much.

    Play killer against a 4man SWF genrush and try to explain to me how this game is balanced.

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2053973#Comment_2053973

    Play killer against a 4man SWF genrush and try to explain to me how this game is balanced.

    Play solo Survivor against a sweaty Nurse running Ruin + Undying, BBQ and Corrupt or Infectious Fright. Tell me this game is balanced then.

    Both sides have something that simply outclasses the other, yet seeing both of these things are so rare it might as well not exist. I somehow highly doubt you go against a sweaty 4 man SWF every time you play, who actually genrushes. If you play a Killer with any map presence at all, and get good with them, you will see how you simply aren't as much of a victim to this games "crappy balancing" as you say.

  • @CustomerService said:

    As a solo survivor. It doesn't matter how many shots you give this game. It doesn't matter how many breaks or philoshopies you adopt to try to see things differently. Once you hit red ranks as a solo survivor, this game becomes unplayable. You either consistently have a squad to play with you or just gotta uninstall.

    Balance doesn't exist, and unless the killer is very unexperienced and you happen to get the occasional green/yellow/brown rank, you have to get ready to just sit back and watch 3 randoms crouching in a corner while nothing gets done and everyone eventually dies.

    Conclusion, play survive with friends or don't play at all.

    Gladly disagree. Red rank solo survivor here and although it can be very frustrating, its not because of the killer 99% of the time. The real killer/enemy is the quality of teammates you get. There are plenty of people in red ranks that quite frankly, play like greens or starter purples. Whether its them bringing the killer to you despite trying to do 3 different gens, dive bombing as soon as killer leaves for a second, being horrible in chases and going down incredibly fast, etc. But when you get those games where everyone plays well and everyone is on the same page, coordinating, its hella satisfying.

    I like solo que and respect players a lot more that stick to it, SWF is a crutch and inflates people's egos when they shouldn't have one. I've also never gotten to the point of uninstalling over solo red rank play. I did uninstall when they released the recent patch with the new HUD and stiff new animations. But came back the moment they fixed/addressed it.

  • @Critical_Fish said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2054105#Comment_2054105

    Play solo Survivor against a sweaty Nurse running Ruin + Undying, BBQ and Corrupt or Infectious Fright. Tell me this game is balanced then.

    Both sides have something that simply outclasses the other, yet seeing both of these things are so rare it might as well not exist. I somehow highly doubt you go against a sweaty 4 man SWF every time you play, who actually genrushes. If you play a Killer with any map presence at all, and get good with them, you will see how you simply aren't as much of a victim to this games "crappy balancing" as you say.

    Solo sucks, yes. A 4 man swf sucks, also yes. However unless the killer is running a meta killer+ perks hardly anything beats 4 man swf that knows what they are doing. The difference is solo can always improve or find friends to play in a swf. No amount of git gud will do against a competent swf unless they make mistakes for the killer to capitalize on.

    Buffing solo isnt the answer. Any buff you give them can also buff swf making the real power role even more powerful. Besides you can give solo all the information and help in the world. If they lack the talent to utilize it nothing will change.

  • I didn't have my coffee yet lol

    It's fixed.

  • @ilovedbd123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2053973#Comment_2053973

    AHH sluzzy, how I have missed these posts.

    The game is balanced around solo queue, but there is some measures put into play so that swf isn't too powerful.

    They aren't constantly buffing killers (ahem ruin, undying, PGTW, spirit nerf, nurse nerf, Freddy nerf incoming, map reworks being heavily survivor sided for the most part, map rng with tiles tend to be stupid especially on certain maps and Mori's) there may be more than I can Remember

    The killer buffs- Freddy rework, wraith buff, clown rework (slight buff) small perks got a buff every so often but nothing major. Again maybe more than I remember, feel free to remind me of said buffs.

    Survivor nerfs- D's OoO, toolboxes, infinites aswell as MoM changes, exhaustion nerf and maybe a few more.

    Survivor buffs- I'm not aware of much since I don't tend to keep track of much. But there may be some. Ill take a look

    But overall you see the trends. Look how bad MoM and DS was nerfed. Way too much. Killers buffed, maps nerfed. As much as it was thought that Ruin was nerfed, all it did was make a good killer even stronger. Generally, there's hardly enough time to even look for totems. 10 seconds spawning in a match someone is already injured, 5 seconds later they are down. The killer is usually applying pressure to two. If one is trying to save, the other looking for totems, there's no time to even do gens.

  • @ilovedbd123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2054327#Comment_2054327

    MoM was stupid in its old state, I think most can agree.

    DS was abusable, so it has been nerfed to be less abusable.

    Ruin had a massive nerf, as did undying and other perks or killer powers.

    If survivors are getting downed in 10s in your matches (the average time of a good player should be around 60s, if not a bit less) then your being put with trash survivors. Nothing against you, but they must suck at looping, dodging and mindgames/ reading a killers mindgames.

    Maps were only nerfed by infinites, and again they made it impossible for the killer to win. Other than that the recent maps are all survivor sided to some degree at least from what I can tell.

    If you don't have 2-3 gens done by first down then the survivors sucks, that's just facts. Killers need survivors to mess up so if you hop on a gen, see ruin, run to find it (should take 30-40s unless god spawn in which case I feel for you) and then the person gets downed. In 20 seconds 2 other gens should've popped If not 1 at least whist you've been doing bones and finding ruin. Then someone goes for the save before second hook stage (again, you don't need to instantly save someone. Be efficient with time.

    BBQ is abusable by a high mobility killer even more. What about a leatherface with insidious? Killers have more ways to guarantee their wins with their own perks to abuse. A single DS or even MoM didn't even guarantee a win. What killer meta perk has been nerfed like MoM? The devs are trying to take DS out of meta too so killers can tunnel. A single killer can go into a match and play a certain way to guarantee their win. A solo survivor depends on either the other 3 being the best or the killer being a noob.

    DS and MoM has been nerfed for strictly for SWF use. Solo is left behind to lose even more games. As OP says, nobody should play solo unless you really enjoy losing.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2053973#Comment_2053973

    Again, not true, I win as a Solo Survivor all the time.

    It is definitely way more difficult than playing SWF, but it sure isn't impossible. I think buffs to Solo Q are necessary, but to say Solo's have no chance is just incorrect.

    Here we go super survivor. I feel like I should give you a scooby snack and scream puppy power.

  • The matchmaking system in DBD will forever ensure that matches aren't adequately balanced, which is what keeps people away and why I wish bots were an available option in custom matches. How the mobile game can have this option but not the main game after 5 years I'll never understand.

  • I don't find it miserable at all. Solo queue is hard, but it's still pretty doable. Sometimes you get terrible teammates who make the worst mistakes. But it's not like you don't get that at rank 9. You'll always find terrible teammates. You get really good experience from solo queue. My escape rate is pretty decent, and I'm not a great survivor. I'd say maybe a 3 or a 4 out of 10. Now when they had Ruin/Undying, then solo queue was miserable. Don't get me wrong, some matches can still be miserable. An amazing nurse will wipe you out in no time. But I find the thrill of playing solo queue invigorating. Though I guess it helps that the SWF I usually play with aren't that different from my solo queue teammates. (Well my usual SWF. I used to play in an SWF with teammates that were a bit more coordinated, but we haven't played in forever)

  • "There's no feeling more intens then starting over"

    Atleast this game doesn't play jazz music when you mess up

  • @ilovedbd123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2054364#Comment_2054364

    Ruin undying,

    Bbq doesn't secure a kill, or isn't uncounterable like old MoM, you can go into lockers or run distortion.

    Do you even know what old MoM did? They weren't nerfed because swf used them (which are a lot more common than people think) they nerfed them because they were abusable

    Trying to do the objective is not abuse. It's like telling a killer if they hook someone they are penalized. Killers are always rewarded heavily for hooking.

  • Not to be that person, but you could always de-pip on purpose.

    It's quite hard to find the balance between de-pipping and not screwing over your teammates though. But it is possible.

  • @CustomerService said:

    As a solo survivor. It doesn't matter how many shots you give this game. It doesn't matter how many breaks or philoshopies you adopt to try to see things differently. Once you hit red ranks as a solo survivor, this game becomes unplayable. You either consistently have a squad to play with you or just gotta uninstall.

    Balance doesn't exist, and unless the killer is very unexperienced and you happen to get the occasional green/yellow/brown rank, you have to get ready to just sit back and watch 3 randoms crouching in a corner while nothing gets done and everyone eventually dies.

    Conclusion, play survive with friends or don't play at all.

    See bro the problem here is, us that play fairly decently get matched up with new players. Instead of 20-15 ranked being matched or 15-10; BHVR is on some wacky ish i mean in what world does a 1, 10, 8 and 17 need to be matched together vs a rank 5 or 20 killer?

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2053973#Comment_2053973

    Again, not true, I win as a Solo Survivor all the time.

    It is definitely way more difficult than playing SWF, but it sure isn't impossible. I think buffs to Solo Q are necessary, but to say Solo's have no chance is just incorrect.

    @Pulsar

    More often than not my problem with Solo Q isn’t that ‘it’ is bad. The RNG in it IS a huge problem. You cannot possibly rely on people who just crouch around and/or are afraid to touch a gen or take aggro once in a while.

    They can undeniably undo everything you do to progress the match. So the bottom line is I may choose to play with friends (yes because I like to talk about other stuff in the middle of a match) but at the core of playing with them, I can also rely on them to at the very least come and save me before 2nd stage. Because even without comms we would still be there for one another. In a teamwork-based game, there are sometimes matches where you cannot afford to have someone not being efficient.

    No one denies that winning in solo Q is possible, I find it more annoying than anything that I feel like I am playing against my teammates and not the killer. Solo Q doesn’t need a buff, it needs competent people.

  • @ilovedbd123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2054396#Comment_2054396

    Trying to do the objective whilst knowing we cannot stop them and knowing any pressure gained will be lost. That's abusable.

    Killers shouldn't be penalised for doing their objective, and hooks alone dont reward the killer, kills do. Hooks mean very little.

    It would be like saying - we should penalise survivors for doing gens quickly.

    That already happens with NOED. Survivors are punished with everything. Look at Tinkerer how much it punishes for doing the objective, it's like a survivor having multiple uses of DS. A leatherface can sneak up on a jungle gym and take down all 3 with Tinkerer. I've seen it happen. Now, that is what I call abuse.

  • @CustomerService said:

    As a solo survivor. It doesn't matter how many shots you give this game. It doesn't matter how many breaks or philoshopies you adopt to try to see things differently. Once you hit red ranks as a solo survivor, this game becomes unplayable. You either consistently have a squad to play with you or just gotta uninstall.

    Balance doesn't exist, and unless the killer is very unexperienced and you happen to get the occasional green/yellow/brown rank, you have to get ready to just sit back and watch 3 randoms crouching in a corner while nothing gets done and everyone eventually dies.

    Conclusion, play survive with friends or don't play at all.

    Amazing. Everything you just said, is wrong.

  • @ilovedbd123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2054327#Comment_2054327

    MoM was stupid in its old state, I think most can agree.

    DS was abusable, so it has been nerfed to be less abusable.

    Ruin had a massive nerf, as did undying and other perks or killer powers.

    If survivors are getting downed in 10s in your matches (the average time of a good player should be around 60s, if not a bit less) then your being put with trash survivors. Nothing against you, but they must suck at looping, dodging and mindgames/ reading a killers mindgames.

    Maps were only nerfed by infinites, and again they made it impossible for the killer to win. Other than that the recent maps are all survivor sided to some degree at least from what I can tell.

    If you don't have 2-3 gens done by first down then the survivors sucks, that's just facts. Killers need survivors to mess up so if you hop on a gen, see ruin, run to find it (should take 30-40s unless god spawn in which case I feel for you) and then the person gets downed. In 20 seconds 2 other gens should've popped If not 1 at least whist you've been doing bones and finding ruin. Then someone goes for the save before second hook stage (again, you don't need to instantly save someone. Be efficient with time.

    Ruin didn't get nerfed. If anything it got a buff and is a way better perk than it was before.

  • Quick question, if it is then....why are you here?

  • @Sluzzy said:

    That is a side effect of what happens when the game is balanced around a 4man SWF genrush and constantly buffing killers. Solos don't have any chance to win against a decent killer. Survivors have been nerfed too much.

    Except solos DO win against killers sometimes.

    I’m a solo in red ranks. I escape roughly 40% to 50% of the time.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2053973#Comment_2053973

    Again, not true, I win as a Solo Survivor all the time.

    It is definitely way more difficult than playing SWF, but it sure isn't impossible. I think buffs to Solo Q are necessary, but to say Solo's have no chance is just incorrect.

    Definitely not my experience. "Impossible" is too radical of a term. You can't also say "A killer can't win against a good SWF, it's impossible". Hardly impossible. But you can definitely argue about trends and what happens more often than not. More often than not solo survivors have very little chance against any decent killer. But that's not the point. The point is, regardless of winning or losing, it's a very unpleasant experience.

  • @Kilmeran said:

    To be honest, this is what happens for Solo players playing a game that is heavily designed around team-play. Overwatch suffers the same issue. As a solo player, you can have the game of your week as far as your own performance, and one or two other people not pulling their weight on your six-man team can force a loss no matter what you do.

    It's the reason I refuse to play Overwatch without the Friends & Family team anymore, and why I will never again play solo survivor in DbD.

    Unfortunately, since no one I know gives a lick about DbD, I ended up never touching survivor again and being a pure Killer main. Which led to burnout, and I haven't touched the game since November-December. The most frustrating match in Overwatch isn't as frustrating as a lot of killer matches in DbD.

    No offence intended, but I think you’ve completely misunderstood the whole concept of DBD. It’s not built around teamplay at all.

    The entire theme of the survivor side is that there is an equal measure of pro and con working cooperatively, just as NOT working cooperatively has an equal measure of pro and con.

    There is supposed to be constant uncertainty whether working together or not is or isn’t the right choice, never knowing whether it might be another survivor that ends up getting you killed. It’s one of the few true remaining horror elements to this game: “Are my teammates a danger to me?”

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2054140#Comment_2054140

    Solo sucks, yes. A 4 man swf sucks, also yes. However unless the killer is running a meta killer+ perks hardly anything beats 4 man swf that knows what they are doing. The difference is solo can always improve or find friends to play in a swf. No amount of git gud will do against a competent swf unless they make mistakes for the killer to capitalize on.

    Buffing solo isnt the answer. Any buff you give them can also buff swf making the real power role even more powerful. Besides you can give solo all the information and help in the world. If they lack the talent to utilize it nothing will change.

    Well, most of the killers I get are meta with meta perks. And right now DBD has quite a few very strong killers to choose from. It's not only a couple. They buffed many of them to very powerful levels.


    Still, you get paired with extremely incompetent/unexperienced randoms.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2054069#Comment_2054069

    But overall you see the trends. Look how bad MoM and DS was nerfed. Way too much. Killers buffed, maps nerfed. As much as it was thought that Ruin was nerfed, all it did was make a good killer even stronger. Generally, there's hardly enough time to even look for totems. 10 seconds spawning in a match someone is already injured, 5 seconds later they are down. The killer is usually applying pressure to two. If one is trying to save, the other looking for totems, there's no time to even do gens.

    “Generally, there's hardly enough time to even look for totems. 10 seconds spawning in a match someone is already injured, 5 seconds later they are down. The killer is usually applying pressure to two.”

    This is probably my biggest problem when playing survivor, as it’s usually some “hero” with a flashlight doing NOTHING other than follow around chases, and subsequently giving the killer free slowdown (because it’s TWO survivors not doing gens), and free pressure (because guess who the killer is going to chase next after they down the survivor they’ve been currently chasing).

    PSA: For god sake DO GENS. If a down occurs NEAR ENOUGH to you, fine, attempt a flashlight save. But please, PLEASE, stop wasting time just chasing chases.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2054327#Comment_2054327

    “Generally, there's hardly enough time to even look for totems. 10 seconds spawning in a match someone is already injured, 5 seconds later they are down. The killer is usually applying pressure to two.”

    This is probably my biggest problem when playing survivor, as it’s usually some “hero” with a flashlight doing NOTHING other than follow around chases, and subsequently giving the killer free slowdown (because it’s TWO survivors not doing gens), and free pressure (because guess who the killer is going to chase next after they down the survivor they’ve been currently chasing).

    PSA: For god sake DO GENS. If a down occurs NEAR ENOUGH to you, fine, attempt a flashlight save. But please, PLEASE, stop wasting time just chasing chases.

    But that's 99% of survivors. You might find a few who belong to the 1% of randoms who actually play efficiently. But it's like becoming a millionare. It happens, but it's so rare it might as well be a distant fantasy.

  • @ilovedbd123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2054638#Comment_2054638

    You don't seriously believe that do you?

    Old ruin : if you miss a skillcheck (14% regression) hit a good skillcheck (4% regression) great skill check (0% regression/no progression). This means survivors actively cannot power through gens like current ruin. Even good players get good skill checks most the time (not great) and so would lose progression on their gen. Even without the killer inputting. And they still could kick the gen so it synergized with other perks (overcharge back then).

    New ruin- 0.5% regression at max rank, survivors can power through it without worry and you cannot use other perks that require kicking.

    How is it better?

    Old Ruin had standard regression from failed skill checks (10%).

    Anyway, yes, I also stand by the claim Ruin was buffed. And it was buffed significantly.

    Yes, uninterrupted, Survivors aren’t affected by Ruin whilst repairing generators. But against a killer worth their salt, Ruin is a nightmare. Then there are those solo situations where I’m halfway through repairs, one survivor is dead, another is downed, another is on hook in struggle phase. I’m not being directly pressured by the killer, but I can’t stay on that gen in that situation can I? I HAVE to go assist SOMEONE. Losing all that repair progress.

  • @ilovedbd123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2054638#Comment_2054638

    You don't seriously believe that do you?

    Old ruin : if you miss a skillcheck (14% regression) hit a good skillcheck (4% regression) great skill check (0% regression/no progression). This means survivors actively cannot power through gens like current ruin. Even good players get good skill checks most the time (not great) and so would lose progression on their gen. Even without the killer inputting. And they still could kick the gen so it synergized with other perks (overcharge back then).

    New ruin- 0.5% regression at max rank, survivors can power through it without worry and you cannot use other perks that require kicking.

    How is it better?

    If the survivors were somewhat decent against old ruin, they could power through gens easily.

  • I'm assuming you haven't played other games on console because having like 15 frames to react to an an attack in other games is almost impossible and infuriating compared to this game

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2053991#Comment_2053991

    No offence intended, but I think you’ve completely misunderstood the whole concept of DBD. It’s not built around teamplay at all.

    The entire theme of the survivor side is that there is an equal measure of pro and con working cooperatively, just as NOT working cooperatively has an equal measure of pro and con.

    There is supposed to be constant uncertainty whether working together or not is or isn’t the right choice, never knowing whether it might be another survivor that ends up getting you killed. It’s one of the few true remaining horror elements to this game: “Are my teammates a danger to me?”

    I haven't misunderstood it at all. Unfortunately, that is the concept that BHVR envisioned for the game, but the execution has gone in the opposite direction. It's why playing Solo is a generally miserable experience. I stopped counting the number of times I ran a killer only to have zero gens pop, or be put on the hook and see my teammates hiding in far corners of the maps, or have someone else hooked and Kindred show me the exact, same thing.

    They're issues not generally faced when in an SWF.

    The concept might be of isolation and are my teammates a danger, but in reality the mechanical designs we have today make it a team game.

  • Solo is bad, but it's not THAT bad.

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2054140#Comment_2054140

    Solo sucks, yes. A 4 man swf sucks, also yes. However unless the killer is running a meta killer+ perks hardly anything beats 4 man swf that knows what they are doing. The difference is solo can always improve or find friends to play in a swf. No amount of git gud will do against a competent swf unless they make mistakes for the killer to capitalize on.

    Buffing solo isnt the answer. Any buff you give them can also buff swf making the real power role even more powerful. Besides you can give solo all the information and help in the world. If they lack the talent to utilize it nothing will change.

    Yknow the buff I was thinking of was a loose means of communication via a small callout menu, consisting of "going to save", "doing gens", "need healing", etc.

    Also, you can beat anyone in this game outside of the top .1% of Survivors, who are also playing together, who are also playing sweaty. Even if the 4 man knows what they're doing. You just need to know more.

    Plus, you ignore the Killer's ability to improve. Even the best players make mistakes, and part of being a Killer is making the most of them.

  • @Critical_Fish said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2054105#Comment_2054105

    Play solo Survivor against a sweaty Nurse running Ruin + Undying, BBQ and Corrupt or Infectious Fright. Tell me this game is balanced then.

    Both sides have something that simply outclasses the other, yet seeing both of these things are so rare it might as well not exist. I somehow highly doubt you go against a sweaty 4 man SWF every time you play, who actually genrushes. If you play a Killer with any map presence at all, and get good with them, you will see how you simply aren't as much of a victim to this games "crappy balancing" as you say.

    fun you say(If you play a Killer with any map presence at all) you know some of is like to play the other killers in the game not just the 3 or 4 OP ones everyone picks.

    like why bother adding new killer then?

  • @Critical_Fish said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2054218#Comment_2054218

    Yknow the buff I was thinking of was a loose means of communication via a small callout menu, consisting of "going to save", "doing gens", "need healing", etc.

    Also, you can beat anyone in this game outside of the top .1% of Survivors, who are also playing together, who are also playing sweaty. Even if the 4 man knows what they're doing. You just need to know more.

    Plus, you ignore the Killer's ability to improve. Even the best players make mistakes, and part of being a Killer is making the most of them.

    When I solo I run Kindred for the sole purpose to give randoms a warning if the killer is face camping me. They still stand there waiting for the killer to move instead of doing gens. As I said before. It doesn't matter what buffs or information we give them if they aren't going to use it.

  • @CustomerService said:

    As a solo survivor. It doesn't matter how many shots you give this game. It doesn't matter how many breaks or philoshopies you adopt to try to see things differently. Once you hit red ranks as a solo survivor, this game becomes unplayable. You either consistently have a squad to play with you or just gotta uninstall.

    Balance doesn't exist, and unless the killer is very unexperienced and you happen to get the occasional green/yellow/brown rank, you have to get ready to just sit back and watch 3 randoms crouching in a corner while nothing gets done and everyone eventually dies.

    Conclusion, play survive with friends or don't play at all.

    This problem stems from swf players using low rank survivors to go against low rank killers then once they hit red ranks they are no where near as good as they need to be swf is hurting both sides of this game.

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2054932#Comment_2054932

    When I solo I run Kindred for the sole purpose to give randoms a warning if the killer is face camping me. They still stand there waiting for the killer to move instead of doing gens. As I said before. It doesn't matter what buffs or information we give them if they aren't going to use it.

    But yet that wastes up a perk slot, so even if they did use that information youd be at a major disadvantage. Plus, a callout system as I suggested would help you tell people where youre going, if youre in a chase, etc, as well. Any ingame queue could theoretically be applied to it.

  • @CustomerService said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2054218#Comment_2054218

    Well, most of the killers I get are meta with meta perks. And right now DBD has quite a few very strong killers to choose from. It's not only a couple. They buffed many of them to very powerful levels.

    Still, you get paired with extremely incompetent/unexperienced randoms.

    what killers are you talking about because from what i remember is besides the pointless clown rework du to the yellow bottle can benefit the survivors all they have been doing is nerfing killers, cmon ffs trapper has needed love for a while what they do give his traps a guaranteed escape mechanic

‹ 1 2