Why are survivor perks nerfed and killers hardly ever are?

look I hate ds but you bhr nerfed ironwill and when It literally made my slug build worthless ironwill unbreakable and a few others I believe spine chill and can't remember my last thing it is useless now cause I use to never cry why I was lying there helpless but for some reason bhr thought putting stridor on a killer was to complex can they nerf noed haunted grounds fix expose on ghost face I can't tell you how many tes I was looking directly at ghost face and boom I was exposed and huntress hatches everyone killer or survivor knows her hit boxes are insane but they want to keep making survivors weaker and killers stronger even though they have every advantage speed hit boxes auto aim supper long reach how many times have you landed still got hit and exhausted from lithe on the complete other side of the pilate and some how your laying on the ground killers should not be able to hit through windows across pilates or catch up with you infact take exaustion away completely and make killers slower let's see how they like losing there favorite things

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • Gearhead ,coup de grace, pop and undying all got nerfed and those are pretty recent

  • Iron Will did not get nerfed. Since you are mentioning a Slug-Build, I assume that you thought you will be silent on the ground as well? This was in the game for some time, but it was a bug that got fixed to an extend. I dont have it anymore, but others are saying that they sometimes still have it.

    Also, Killer Perks get nerfed as well, PGTW got nerfed a few Patches ago, Undying got nerfed during the last Midchapter-Patch.

    Saying that only one side gets Nerfs is wrong.

  • Although killer perks do often get nerfed as the two people above have stated, there are alot more survivor perks that are controversial.

  • Did you know Ruin use to regress every time you failed a great skill check?

  • Be prepared for the swarm.

  • This has to be bait. Both survivors and killer get nerfed regularly, but killers definitely take the lions share of the nerfs.

  • Yeah killer perks get nerfed basically the same as survivor. And even then a lot of survivor perks get buffed like Second Wind and Fixated.

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    Did you know Ruin use to regress every time you failed a great skill check?

    Don't forget pause progression on normal skill checks

  • It still should and give me back my tool boxes

  • @Seraphor said:

    This has to be bait. Both survivors and killer get nerfed regularly, but killers definitely take the lions share of the nerfs.

    How your joking right 🤣

  • @Tillablerhino44 said:

    look I hate ds but you bhr nerfed ironwill and when It literally made my slug build worthless ironwill unbreakable and a few others I believe spine chill and can't remember my last thing it is useless now cause I use to never cry why I was lying there helpless but for some reason bhr thought putting stridor on a killer was to complex can they nerf noed haunted grounds fix expose on ghost face I can't tell you how many tes I was looking directly at ghost face and boom I was exposed and huntress hatches everyone killer or survivor knows her hit boxes are insane but they want to keep making survivors weaker and killers stronger even though they have every advantage speed hit boxes auto aim supper long reach how many times have you landed still got hit and exhausted from lithe on the complete other side of the pilate and some how your laying on the ground killers should not be able to hit through windows across pilates or catch up with you infact take exaustion away completely and make killers slower let's see how they like losing there favorite things

    This post speaks volumes in terms of inexperience, you should really look that stuff up, my dude.

    Iron Will wasn't nerfed, you not making sounds when crawling around was unintentional, that one is exclusive to No Mither.

    Speed advantage in killers doesn't mean anything with how the majority of maps are designed and given how often killers slow down for their actions. Survivors have the advantage here as evidenced by experienced survivors being able to loop killers for multiple gens, always staying just out of reach of their weapon.

    Auto-aim isn't a thing in Dbd and never was, learn the difference between auo-aim, aim-assist and aim-dressing. Dbd only uses the last one of those and it doesn't help getting hits.

    Windows are an open space. If you can vault through it, then killers can reach through it.

    Killers can't hit across pallets, that's either a latency issue or you trading hits and stuns.

    Your last sentence also just speaks of someone who's spiteful and I don't sympathize with those.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    Iron Will did not get nerfed. Since you are mentioning a Slug-Build, I assume that you thought you will be silent on the ground as well? This was in the game for some time, but it was a bug that got fixed to an extend. I dont have it anymore, but others are saying that they sometimes still have it.

    Also, Killer Perks get nerfed as well, PGTW got nerfed a few Patches ago, Undying got nerfed during the last Midchapter-Patch.

    Saying that only one side gets Nerfs is wrong.

    So you wear never supposed to be quiet while you were on the ground that doesn't seem right are you sure I don't call anyone a liar ever cause I assume the best of people but I really enjoyed the fact that ironwill worked like it did

  • @GamerGirlFeng said:

    Be prepared for the swarm.

    I am just tired of hard tunneling and camping then killers saying let's nerf dead hard because there's no counter it made me mad I am tired of anything we have that I enjoy they take or want outta the game cause it's quote not fair that there's no counter peace and your always nice

  • @Tillablerhino44 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2047413#Comment_2047413

    So you wear never supposed to be quiet while you were on the ground that doesn't seem right are you sure I don't call anyone a liar ever cause I assume the best of people but I really enjoyed the fact that ironwill worked like it did

    Yes, this was never supposed to happen. Only while you are in the Injured State, not in the Dying State.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2047463#Comment_2047463

    Yes, this was never supposed to happen. Only while you are in the Injured State, not in the Dying State.

    Yeah i didnt know this but iron will isnt supposed to make normal breathing silent but its been bugged to do it for like a year. Weird.

  • @Tillablerhino44 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2047413#Comment_2047413

    So you wear never supposed to be quiet while you were on the ground that doesn't seem right are you sure I don't call anyone a liar ever cause I assume the best of people but I really enjoyed the fact that ironwill worked like it did

    Edit: "Grunts of pain caused by injuries are reduced by 100%"

    As for the topic, both sides get nerfed plenty. Are you just gonna ignore the plenty of perk buffs survivor's have gotten recently?

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    Did you know Ruin use to regress every time you failed a great skill check?

    Yes but tool boxes were amazing now there worthless except for hooks

  • When a perk is changed, it's changed for a reason - it's irrespective of whether or not the perk belongs to a survivor or a killer.

  • I mean you are just ignoring all the comments saying which killer perks have been nerfed recently.

    Also, it's *you're

  • Why are you acting like only survivors get nerfs?

  • @Alionis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/236984/why-are-survivor-perks-nerfed-and-killers-hardly-ever-are

    This post speaks volumes in terms of inexperience, you should really look that stuff up, my dude.

    Iron Will wasn't nerfed, you not making sounds when crawling around was unintentional, that one is exclusive to No Mither.

    Speed advantage in killers doesn't mean anything with how the majority of maps are designed and given how often killers slow down for their actions. Survivors have the advantage here as evidenced by experienced survivors being able to loop killers for multiple gens, always staying just out of reach of their weapon.

    Auto-aim isn't a thing in Dbd and never was, learn the difference between auo-aim, aim-assist and aim-dressing. Dbd only uses the last one of those and it doesn't help getting hits.

    Windows are an open space. If you can vault through it, then killers can reach through it.

    Killers can't hit across pallets, that's either a latency issue or you trading hits and stuns.

    Your last sentence also just speaks of someone who's spiteful and I don't sympathize with those.

    Not spiteful angry that people want to nerf Dead hard and huntress is hitting you from across the map without aiming with irihead 🪓 is annoying there should be an arrow like every other shooting game and why do I need to be prefect with my wording you know what I mean that is the point

  • @Tillablerhino44 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2047423#Comment_2047423

    Yes but tool boxes were amazing now there worthless except for hooks

    Then you're using tool-boxes wrong. Tool-boxes were better, yeah, but they are still completely fine. The change made them more tactical.

  • @QwQw said:

    Why are you acting like only survivors get nerfs?

    Killer perks from my experience tend to get nerfed the most

  • @Mandy said:

    When a perk is changed, it's changed for a reason - it's irrespective of whether or not the perk belongs to a survivor or a killer.

    I would love to know reasons they never explain why

  • Pop got nerfed, as did Hex;Undying which are both meta.

    People really need to stop looking at only their side.

  • @Tillablerhino44 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2047425#Comment_2047425

    I am just tired of hard tunneling and camping then killers saying let's nerf dead hard because there's no counter it made me mad I am tired of anything we have that I enjoy they take or want outta the game cause it's quote not fair that there's no counter peace and your always nice

    Dead hard entices killers to tunnel you. If I chase a survivor for 30 seconds and get a hit and then chase them for another 30 seconds and they dead hard, I have two options.

    Option 1: leave the chase I've already committed a decent chunk of time to and let this guy heal or just pop back on a gen and get his exhaustion back. In doing this I have gained no progress as a killer toward winning the game.

    Option 2: continute the chase until you are downed wasting more time while other are able to complete gens. With this option, I at least get one hook state.

    Interestingly enough both of these options suck. Now, lets add in the fact that you're probably not the only one running dead hard. See where this may be unbalanced? Even if a killer evenly hits and hooks everyone, dead hard is basically extending chases 12 times. In a game where solo gens take 90 seconds. That's a pretty big issue.

    And to the original post, killer perks have been nerfed and really killer perks typically aren't as strong as survivor perks either.

  • @Alionis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/236984/why-are-survivor-perks-nerfed-and-killers-hardly-ever-are

    This post speaks volumes in terms of inexperience, you should really look that stuff up, my dude.

    Iron Will wasn't nerfed, you not making sounds when crawling around was unintentional, that one is exclusive to No Mither.

    Speed advantage in killers doesn't mean anything with how the majority of maps are designed and given how often killers slow down for their actions. Survivors have the advantage here as evidenced by experienced survivors being able to loop killers for multiple gens, always staying just out of reach of their weapon.

    Auto-aim isn't a thing in Dbd and never was, learn the difference between auo-aim, aim-assist and aim-dressing. Dbd only uses the last one of those and it doesn't help getting hits.

    Windows are an open space. If you can vault through it, then killers can reach through it.

    Killers can't hit across pallets, that's either a latency issue or you trading hits and stuns.

    Your last sentence also just speaks of someone who's spiteful and I don't sympathize with those.

    @supersonic853 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2047475#Comment_2047475

    Yeah i didnt know this but iron will isnt supposed to make normal breathing silent but its been bugged to do it for like a year. Weird.

    That still makes no sense and it was like that every day for two years

  • Because survivor perks were designed very badly years ago and now the developers sre playing catch up on years of poor balance. So you see legacy survivor perks being changed.

    With killer perks for the most part they tend to play it safe and nerf them very early on or make them weak.

    I think gearhead was nerfed on its ptb? Cruel limits was nerfed on its ptb, mindbreaker and iron maiden were designed exceptionally weak.

    Then you look at something like mettle of man or this new exhaustion perk both are very powerful and they just throw them in the game. They never act that carelessly with killer perks, Undying was the only one they ever threw in the game that was uber powerful,

  • @malloymk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2047473#Comment_2047473

    Dead hard entices killers to tunnel you. If I chase a survivor for 30 seconds and get a hit and then chase them for another 30 seconds and they dead hard, I have two options.

    Option 1: leave the chase I've already committed a decent chunk of time to and let this guy heal or just pop back on a gen and get his exhaustion back. In doing this I have gained no progress as a killer toward winning the game.

    Option 2: continute the chase until you are downed wasting more time while other are able to complete gens. With this option, I at least get one hook state.

    Interestingly enough both of these options suck. Now, lets add in the fact that you're probably not the only one running dead hard. See where this may be unbalanced? Even if a killer evenly hits and hooks everyone, dead hard is basically extending chases 12 times. In a game where solo gens take 90 seconds. That's a pretty big issue.

    And to the original post, killer perks have been nerfed and really killer perks typically aren't as strong as survivor perks either.

    So then catch someone else i don't have these problems as killer

  • @Dizzy1096 said:

    Because survivor perks were designed very badly years ago and now the developers sre playing catch up on years of poor balance. So you see legacy survivor perks being changed.

    With killer perks for the most part they tend to play it safe and nerf them very early on or make them weak.

    I think gearhead was nerfed on its ptb? Cruel limits was nerfed on its ptb, mindbreaker and iron maiden were designed exceptionally weak.

    Then you look at something like mettle of man or this new exhaustion perk both are very powerful and they just throw them in the game. They never act that carelessly with killer perks, Undying was the only one they ever threw in the game that was uber powerful,

    Noed old hexruin

  • After Dead Hard code rework it became overpowered. Literally every survivor runs it now. That's why killers are complaining now.

    And yes, there is no reason to make statements like yours - during last year only killer perks got nerfed, and some of them were very critical ones. Now it is a turn on survivors.

  • @NomiNomad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2047484#Comment_2047484

    Then you're using tool-boxes wrong. Tool-boxes were better, yeah, but they are still completely fine. The change made them more tactical.

    No I don't have 180 charges I get like 12 and you can't finish one gen I use to be able to do two or twin half gens perty quick but cause killers complain they took them what's next prove thyself

  • @Tillablerhino44 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2047523#Comment_2047523

    So then catch someone else i don't have these problems as killer

    Killers are going to tunnel me anyway

  • @Bumbus said:

    After Dead Hard code rework it became overpowered. Literally every survivor runs it now. That's why killers are complaining now.

    And yes, there is no reason to make statements like yours - during last year only killer perks got nerfed, and some of them were very critical ones. Now it is a turn on survivors.

    Stop nerfing and make the game as it was and you got that blight map with no we're to run wich is rediculios

  • @Tillablerhino44 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2047544#Comment_2047544

    Stop nerfing and make the game as it was and you got that blight map with no we're to run wich is rediculios

    What? Blight has no map

  • No, but you must be. This upcoming nerf to DS is the first significant nerf survivors have received in a long time.

    Excluding the purely bugfix patches:


    4.5.0

    Killer Nerfs: Trapper, Hex: Undying, Mangled and Deep Wound effects. (Clown and Wraith got minor buffs, buff to Iron Maiden)

    Survivor Nerfs: None (buffs to Fixated, Second Wind, Diversion)

    4.4.1

    Killer Nerfs: Mori's

    Survivor Nerfs: Appraisal (once per chest instead of 3 times)

    4.3.0

    Killer Nerfs: Pyramid Head, Thanatophobia, Huntress Lullaby.

    Survivor nerfs: None (various survivor perk buffs)

    4.1.2

    Killer nerfs: Hillbilly (buffs to Cannibal)

    Survivor nerfs: None

    4.1.0

    Killer nerfs: Can no longer change killer while queuing, Hillbilly. (Lightborn and Discordance minor buffs)

    Survivor nerfs: None

    4.0.2

    Killer nerfs: Pyramid Head.

    Survivor nerfs: None

    4.0.0

    Killer nerfs: The Shape

    Survivor nerfs: None

    3.7.0

    Killer nerfs: None

    Survivor nerfs: None (buffs to Prove Thyself and Stake Out)

    3.6.0

    Killer nerfs: Hangman's Trick, Various hook/sabotage related nerfs, including dropping giving 25% instant wiggle progression (Plague buff and Doctor rework)

    Survivor nerfs: Slight nerf to toolbox charges (buff to Sabotage and can keep depleted items)

    3.5.0

    Killer nerfs: Hex: Ruin (Doctor adjustments, buffs and nerfs)

    Survivor nerfs: None

    3.4.2

    Killer nerfs: Nightmare add-ons

    Survivor nerfs: None

    3.4.0

    Killer nerfs: Spirit (Legion buffs)

    Survivor nerfs: Balanced Landing (Kindred buff)


    I'm not going back any further, you get the picture.

  • @Tillablerhino44 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2047423#Comment_2047423

    Yes but tool boxes were amazing now there worthless except for hooks

    They still save a huge amount of time. Just cause you cant instantly finish a gen doesnt mean they are worthless

  • You can check a perks changes here:

    Iron Will is a Teachable Perk unique to Jake Park. It can be unlocked for all other Characters from Level 30 onwards: Perk descriptions may vary from in-game descriptions for reasons explained here.Perks support Mouse-over functionality (desktop version only): hovering over the modifier words with your cursor will reveal the values behind them.On mobile browsers, the values are displayed in small text after the modifier words. Desktop users experiencing issues with the mouse-over may temporarily

    Iron Will hasn't been touched since 2.3.0, where the tier 3 version was completely untouched.

  • @Tillablerhino44 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2047423#Comment_2047423

    Yes but tool boxes were amazing now there worthless except for hooks

    Tool boxes were nerfed because ruin was nerfed. Ruin stopped tool boxes from burning through a gen because majority of survivors can't hit great skill checks. When Ruin was destroyed that 3 month period it took them to adjust tool boxes was hell. All 5 gens were done in like 4 mins. The amount of killer's took a nose dive because it was unfair. If survivor's learned to hit great skill checks your tool boxes would still be powerful once ruin is cleansed. But no. You didn't want to git gud and screamed "Ruin OP Plz Nerf!"

  • Did you say slight to tool boxes wow ok who doesn't know what there talking about slight 180to 18 hmm 2 n a half gens to a quarter gen that's slight n your eyes what are you high

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2047484#Comment_2047484

    Tool boxes were nerfed because ruin was nerfed. Ruin stopped tool boxes from burning through a gen because majority of survivors can't hit great skill checks. When Ruin was destroyed that 3 month period it took them to adjust tool boxes was hell. All 5 gens were done in like 4 mins. The amount of killer's took a nose dive because it was unfair. If survivor's learned to hit great skill checks your tool boxes would still be powerful once ruin is cleansed. But no. You didn't want to git gud and screamed "Ruin OP Plz Nerf!"

    Not I loved ruin and toolboxes that's how I learned

  • @malloymk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2047473#Comment_2047473

    Dead hard entices killers to tunnel you. If I chase a survivor for 30 seconds and get a hit and then chase them for another 30 seconds and they dead hard, I have two options.

    Option 1: leave the chase I've already committed a decent chunk of time to and let this guy heal or just pop back on a gen and get his exhaustion back. In doing this I have gained no progress as a killer toward winning the game.

    Option 2: continute the chase until you are downed wasting more time while other are able to complete gens. With this option, I at least get one hook state.

    Interestingly enough both of these options suck. Now, lets add in the fact that you're probably not the only one running dead hard. See where this may be unbalanced? Even if a killer evenly hits and hooks everyone, dead hard is basically extending chases 12 times. In a game where solo gens take 90 seconds. That's a pretty big issue.

    And to the original post, killer perks have been nerfed and really killer perks typically aren't as strong as survivor perks either.

    Sunk Cost fallacy. It doesn't matter how much time you've invested into a chase, if you believe continuing it will be detrimental, you don't do it.

  • Killer perks come pre-nerfed for the most part. Barring undying, every killer since the plague has had incredibly niche perks laden with cooldowns and drawbacks.

    Of the meta killer perks: undying, ruin, pop, discordance, enduring (enduring was once meta btw) have all been nerfed.

    BBQ is going strong as it's good for game health (spread hooks + gives a reason not to camp).

    Corrupt also hasn't been touched because it's just good design that isn't unfair or abusable.

    Whispers should be basekit honestly, but definitely not in need of a nerf.


    There are NO meta survivor perks that add a healthy element to the killer experience even after nerfs.

    I'm not saying they necessarily need to, but the survivor perk meta is far more insidious than the killer perk meta.

  • #cultofsluzzy

    At least the bait is getting a little better.

  • At that time I was a huntress main and learning ghost face but I played my p1 nea'r urbaning around the map with self-care every night doing everything I could to sneak around and not get caught it's funny thinking back thank you

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    Did you know Ruin use to regress every time you failed a great skill check?

    I like the new ruin better tbh.

  • I love it when people make posts about one side getting an "unfair" nerf.

    Like, come on. Five minutes of research in any other post with a similar subject.

  • Yes but new ruin is crap and I disagree with killers for being killers I can't agree with you there

  • @AsherFrost said:

    #cultofsluzzy

    At least the bait is getting a little better.

    Yo what if OP is an alt account of that Demo guy that got banned? They both complain about killers and have bad grammar.

  • @QwQw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2047594#Comment_2047594

    Yo what if OP is an alt account of that Demo guy that got banned? They both complain about killers and have bad grammar.

    I'm pretty sure OP has a couple of alts, just going by the consistent spelling and grammar issues. Already found one of them (which, once found out suddenly stopped posting). I imagine if we compared side to side we could find out, though I thought that guy had better sentence structure.

‹ 1 2