So who's ready for the Trickster tomorrow?

7ekkrkdooy741.jpg

The Trickster is probably going to be an interesting experience playing him tomorrow, and we're still not for sure if there will be any more changes to him before release. Here's the thing with me about Trickster, I don't like the spamming with his blades. I like to play fighting games, and I don't normally enjoy being outplayed because someone spammed me to make up for lack of skill. Trickster's big grand power known as "Main Event" is probably the spammer of all spammers, there honestly just doesn't feel like enough love was really made for Trickster. It's quite disappointing how much BHVR hyped up this chapter, only to then realize that Trickster is basically Budget Decrease Huntress/GhostFace. At least there's some positives to make up for this new chapter.. Wraith finally doesn't need Windstorm anymore, Blight can actually see now and slides won't be consistently happening anymore, and probably my most favorite the Decisive Strike change. I honestly just feel like Trickster is just something to hold us over until the Fifth Year Anniversary for Dead By Daylight, because there's gonna be quite a lot of high expectations for that after two horrendous killer botches.

Comments

  • Whoops... Accidentally clicked post discussion instead of saving this, oh well let me know how you feel about the new chapter tomorrow.

  • I’m more it interested in the survivor perks especially smash hit

  • I'm more excited for the Seoul Sights collection than the new Chapter, honestly.

  • You were absolutely spot on at the end there. It genuinely feels like this is just a filler chapter to keep us going until the the real ‘main event’ that being the 5th Anniversary. I mean, I’m honestly only excited for the buffs to Wraith and Blight, as well as the DS nerf. I genuinely do not care about the new killer at all which is unfortunately becoming a trend (at least for me). The last killer they released that I actually cared enough about to at least try was Blight, and he was released way back in September. Save for the occasional good change to perks or killers, it really feels like we’ve gone on an extended dry spell when it comes to exciting new content. Perhaps I’m just being over dramatic and everyone else is super hyped for the Trickster and loved the Twins, lol. Anyhow, I agree completely.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    I’m more it interested in the survivor perks especially smash hit

    I'm expecting to see a lot of Game map offerings with that perk, ugh that is gonna be annoying.

  • @Superyoshiegg said:

    I'm more excited for the Seoul Sights collection than the new Chapter, honestly.

    At least Clown's getting a new skin, sadly it's auric cells only...

  • @ClownIsUnderrated said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2039128#Comment_2039128

    I'm expecting to see a lot of Game map offerings with that perk, ugh that is gonna be annoying.

    The game is an annoying map regardless of perks tbh it’s just trash

  • @RoboMojo said:

    You were absolutely spot on at the end there. It genuinely feels like this is just a filler chapter to keep us going until the the real ‘main event’ that being the 5th Anniversary. I mean, I’m honestly only excited for the buffs to Wraith and Blight, as well as the DS nerf. I genuinely do not care about the new killer at all which is unfortunately becoming a trend (at least for me). The last killer they released that I actually cared enough about to at least try was Blight, and he was released way back in September. Save for the occasional good change to perks or killers, it really feels like we’ve gone on an extended dry spell when it comes to exciting new content. Perhaps I’m just being over dramatic and everyone else is super hyped for the Trickster and loved the Twins, lol. Anyhow, I agree completely.

    The Twins and Trickster have definitely not been well liked by the community, and who's to know what's to come for the anniversary. If it's actually to be Resident Evil, then hopefully they do it justice and not ruin it very badly.

  • @ClownIsUnderrated said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2039135#Comment_2039135

    The Twins and Trickster have definitely not been well liked by the community, and who's to know what's to come for the anniversary. If it's actually to be Resident Evil, then hopefully they do it justice and not ruin it very badly.

    The Trickster was received better than the Twins tbh. He was just a little polarized regarding his design.

    The Twins were a mess. Messy launch, game breaking bugs and somewhat lackluster gameplay.


    Trickster is a better chapter than Binding of Kin no doubt.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2039136#Comment_2039136

    The game is an annoying map regardless of perks tbh it’s just trash

    Would be a great question to ask the devs of why the map is infested with god pallet after god pallet for their next Q&A, because I can remember on the PTB it wasn't even that bad. But then for some reason the devs just went, hey guys we're adding all these additional god pallets to the Game map since we don't have anywhere else to put them because we can't release no new maps right now. I generally believe all those god pallets are from new maps that have yet to be added yet, I'll stick to that theory for right now.

  • @ClownIsUnderrated said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2039140#Comment_2039140

    Would be a great question to ask the devs of why the map is infested with god pallet after god pallet for their next Q&A, because I can remember on the PTB it wasn't even that bad. But then for some reason the devs just went, hey guys were adding all these additional god pallets to the Game map since we don't have anywhere else to put them because we can't release no new maps right now. I generally believe all those god pallets are from new maps that have yet to be added yet, I'll stick to that theory for right now.

    I do find it funny that this was during the clown rework too which clowns major weakness is well PRE DROPPED PALLETS!

  • I want to die in more ways than one

  • @Kolossoni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2039144#Comment_2039144

    The Trickster was received better than the Twins tbh. He was just a little polarized regarding his design.

    The Twins were a mess. Messy launch, game breaking bugs and somewhat lackluster gameplay.

    Trickster is a better chapter than Binding of Kin no doubt.

    Well badly received in terms of power I should say, because you can't ignore how dumb it feels to have throw eight blades at a survivor to get them injured and their laceration will drop if you leave chase with them. In terms of how his power was made, it's just straight up not good at all which is why people have been saying he's the worst killer in the game before he even releases. The only way to really make him actually good, is to just make him OP.

  • Im more interested on the gamebreaking bug the update will bring.

  • @ClownIsUnderrated said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2039135#Comment_2039135

    The Twins and Trickster have definitely not been well liked by the community, and who's to know what's to come for the anniversary. If it's actually to be Resident Evil, then hopefully they do it justice and not ruin it very badly.

    I honestly don’t care who, or what, the next killer is as long as the 5th Anniversary event is good. The last event that I truly enjoyed was the 4th Anniversary. The Halloween and new years events this time around were huge letdowns so I’m just hopeful that the Devs redeem themselves and give us an actual event. I honestly wouldn’t even mind if the next killer is also Twin/Trickster tier as long as the event is actually an event and not just another sign in to get free shards and bp embarrassment. All I want is cosmetics that we can earn through the event with some double bp, event cakes and items. As long as they fulfill this I’d honestly be super happy. The Devs have said that they’re going to focus all their efforts on the Anniversary and Halloween events in the future so my expectations are very high. I’d like to be all high and mighty and say that I’ll boycott the game if they don’t deliver a good event, but we both know that’d be a lie.

  • @HectorBrando said:

    Im more interested on the gamebreaking bug the update will bring.

    Bug? Singular?

    You are Dreaming 😁

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2039152#Comment_2039152

    I do find it funny that this was during the clown rework too which clowns major weakness is well PRE DROPPED PALLETS!

    Sad Clown noises

  • @HectorBrando said:

    Im more interested on the gamebreaking bug the update will bring.

    DBD and bugs are basically a married couple

  • I wonder how long we will see the new killer before he "vanishes". Usually, when a new chapter releases, we see the new killer non stop for 2 weeks.

    Pizza head was 5 days. Twins were 2 days. I think the trickster will be somewhere between 2 and 5 days.

  • @RoboMojo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2039144#Comment_2039144

    I honestly don’t care who, or what, the next killer is as long as the 5th Anniversary event is good. The last event that I truly enjoyed was the 4th Anniversary. The Halloween and new years events this time around were huge letdowns so I’m just hopeful that the Devs redeem themselves and give us an actual event. I honestly wouldn’t even mind if the next killer is also Twin/Trickster tier as long as the event is actually an event and not just another sign in to get free shards and bp embarrassment. All I want is cosmetics that we can earn through the event with some double bp, event cakes and items. As long as they fulfill this I’d honestly be super happy. The Devs have said that they’re going to focus all their efforts on the Anniversary and Halloween events in the future so my expectations are very high. I’d like to be all high and mighty and say that I’ll boycott the game if they don’t deliver a good event, but we both know that’d be a lie.

    And if the devs disappoint then they'll definitely be hearing all the criticism, and feeling all the heat. That Halloween Event from last year was such a major letdown, and this is all to blame cause of the Tomes.

  • @Tsulan said:

    I wonder how long we will see the new killer before he "vanishes". Usually, when a new chapter releases, we see the new killer non stop for 2 weeks.

    Pizza head was 5 days. Twins were 2 days. I think the trickster will be somewhere between 2 and 5 days.

    I'll give it a three for right now

  • Usually its just one gamebreaking bug, the regular ones are the ones that come in double digit numbers.

    I hope we get the basement hook bug again, that one was rad.

  • Idk man I'm ######### hyped!!

  • @Tsulan said:

    I wonder how long we will see the new killer before he "vanishes". Usually, when a new chapter releases, we see the new killer non stop for 2 weeks.

    Pizza head was 5 days. Twins were 2 days. I think the trickster will be somewhere between 2 and 5 days.

    We still see Pillowhead from time to time but twins and plague lasted a combined 5 hours. Slinger also lasted like a day

  • @Tsulan said:

    I wonder how long we will see the new killer before he "vanishes". Usually, when a new chapter releases, we see the new killer non stop for 2 weeks.

    Pizza head was 5 days. Twins were 2 days. I think the trickster will be somewhere between 2 and 5 days.

    The Twins weren't even 1 day lol

  • I didn't think it was confirmed for Tuesday yet.

    Trickster is basically a new Legion or MoM, so that's not good. He's also super weak and will probably suck on Console.

    Here's hoping for no new gamebreaking bugs.

  • @Pulsar said:

    I didn't think it was confirmed for Tuesday yet.

    Trickster is basically a new Legion or MoM, so that's not good. He's also super weak and will probably suck on Console.

    Here's hoping for no new gamebreaking bugs.

    Here's hoping for no new gamebreaking bugs.

    zombomeme22032021114957.jpg

    You know we'll see them 👀

  • @ClownIsUnderrated said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2039150#Comment_2039150

    Well badly received in terms of power I should say, because you can't ignore how dumb it feels to have throw eight blades at a survivor to get them injured and their laceration will drop if you leave chase with them. In terms of how his power was made, it's just straight up not good at all which is why people have been saying he's the worst killer in the game before he even releases. The only way to really make him actually good, is to just make him OP.

    Huntresses' power makes Trickster look like a fool.

  • My shards are not ready because the constant BAN. Just got a 24 hours ban this morning after last 6 hours BAN. The game crashed and I'm banned. W O W.

  • Who? This is the Wraith and Blight chapter isn't it?

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2039175#Comment_2039175

    We still see Pillowhead from time to time but twins and plague lasted a combined 5 hours. Slinger also lasted like a day

    Yet, when the devs were asked about the reason behind long survivor queues, they said, that whenever a new killer releases; killers have long queues. Which hasn´t been correct for over a year.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2039198#Comment_2039198

    Yet, when the devs were asked about the reason behind long survivor queues, they said, that whenever a new killer releases; killers have long queues. Which hasn´t been correct for over a year.

    Bruh I remember when GhostFace came out queues on Xbox were an hour for Killer.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2039198#Comment_2039198

    Yet, when the devs were asked about the reason behind long survivor queues, they said, that whenever a new killer releases; killers have long queues. Which hasn´t been correct for over a year.

    It does get longer but not by a significant amount like it used to. Remember when demo released? Killer queues were like 10 minutes!

  • Still too much.

    I can count the amount of times i've went against them since release on 1 hand 🤣

  • Trickester? More like TrickstHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

  • I'm so happy about the Wraith changes, can't wait to try it out (i don't play PTBs). I will also get the chapter because of the perks, need some new ones to spice things up (only to go back to the same old meta after a losing streak). Hope there will be no gamebreaking bugs tho'.

  • @UnentitledBunnyMan said:

    My shards are not ready because the constant BAN. Just got a 24 hours ban this morning after last 6 hours BAN. The game crashed and I'm banned. W O W.

    The DC penalty can't even detect if someone left a match or not by pressing leave match, don't think people should get unfairly banned because of game crashes.

  • Why would i play Trickster when we have much stronger speed limiter billy

  • The new chapter is disappointing, at best. I just want to see the DS Nerf, Wraith and Blight changes and the new game breaking bugs. 

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2039281#Comment_2039281

    Bruh I remember when GhostFace came out queues on Xbox were an hour for Killer.

    His release was almost 2 years ago.

  • @ClownIsUnderrated said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/RZ2LAGHU6WY0/7ekkrkdooy741.jpg

    The Trickster is probably going to be an interesting experience playing him tomorrow, and we're still not for sure if there will be any more changes to him before release. Here's the thing with me about Trickster, I don't like the spamming with his blades. I like to play fighting games, and I don't normally enjoy being outplayed because someone spammed me to make up for lack of skill. Trickster's big grand power known as "Main Event" is probably the spammer of all spammers, there honestly just doesn't feel like enough love was really made for Trickster. It's quite disappointing how much BHVR hyped up this chapter, only to then realize that Trickster is basically Budget Decrease Huntress/GhostFace. At least there's some positives to make up for this new chapter.. Wraith finally doesn't need Windstorm anymore, Blight can actually see now and slides won't be consistently happening anymore, and probably my most favorite the Decisive Strike change. I honestly just feel like Trickster is just something to hold us over until the Fifth Year Anniversary for Dead By Daylight, because there's gonna be quite a lot of high expectations for that after two horrendous killer botches.

    Don't forget colorblind settings! That's one of the biggest positives out if this chapter. I haven't seen Trickster gameplay (gave up watching streams for Lent), but I read it and it sounds okay. I'm more interested in the new perks, which may be worth the DLC.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2039281#Comment_2039281

    It does get longer but not by a significant amount like it used to. Remember when demo released? Killer queues were like 10 minutes!

    The time reduced graduadly. Also, demo was released September 2019.

  • I am aware. Don't make me feel so old 😂

  • Embarrassing that we are set up to fail miserably with trickster tomorrow. We all know he's gonna be crap before we even play him. Fun or not, trickster is there for the survivors entertainment tomorrow.

  • @SMitchell8 said:

    Embarrassing that we are set up to fail miserably with trickster tomorrow. We all know he's gonna be crap before we even play him. Fun or not, trickster is there for the survivors entertainment tomorrow.

    Well... he is a entertainer. So mission accomplished?

    Don´t remind me. Time really flies.

  • I can’t wait. I have a feeling that Trickster will become a favourite of mine. He looks so fun and stronger than most people realise.

  • Upvote for Majora's Mask.

    Unfortunately, Trickster will bring me less joy than that. He's gonna be a meme. Everything else about the patch seems pretty good but I can't help but be disappointed when I always look forward to the new killer the most.

‹ 1 2