When will mouse macros finally be dealt with? Oni/Blight mains are cheating

Why should Oni and Blight players be allowed to take impossible turns during their rush which they weren't intended to perform? These killers were balanced around having strictly limited movement options during their ability, that's called counterplay.

And yet 3rd party tools like mouse macros enable players to cheat the system by giving them the option to bypass this handicap entirely. Oni players probably have to be the worst offenders when it comes to this. Either patch these killers to be unable to exceed a certain turn degree or make these macros a bannable offense.

Comments

  • @Canas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2037175#Comment_2037175

    I'm not doing any of that and yet I'm still forced to endure red rank Onis abusing macros. How is that fair?

    Oh you mean how every other killer thats not blight or oni has to deal with stretched res users? Those killers arent abusing ######### but have to deal with stretched. Same concept. Both need ro be fixed

  • @Blindninja said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2038823#Comment_2038823

    Spoken like someone who loves to abuse a mechanic and doesn't want anyone taking away their fun. It by passes the intended design of the killer. Therefore it is abusing a game mechanic which is a reportable offense. Thats in a nutshell what cheating is.

    I'm literally console, so I can't do either the 180 oni flick or the j flick on blight.

    If it had no counter then sure, id understand why people want it removed. But once again all I see is survivors whining and refusing to adapt to a trick that doesn't even change the game that much and only increases the skillcap of versing and playing these killers.

    Also, it's only a reportable offence if it has a detrimental effect to the game, eg infinite mend legion. This doesn't. Some unintended game mechanics are recognised by the devs like the tractor tech, and even mclean himself knows about the j flick and at the current date he has no plans to remove it.

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/236169/when-will-mouse-macros-finally-be-dealt-with-oni-blight-mains-are-cheating

    Sadly, never. There are also monitors out there that provide crosshairs for Players; this makes throwers and shooters dead shots. There are also, as we all know, people who play with their resolution so they can see over and around terrain. There are people who play with the brightness and hue so they can make trying to hide nearly impossible. The reason none of these things will ever be addressed is because there is no way for the DEV to detect them, period.

    The only people who know about them are the ones doing it, the sad, pathetic little worms who apparently have no self-respect. They know they only manage by giving themselves a competitive edge, but simply don't care. They look themselves in the mirror and it doesn't trouble them at all that they are actually inferior to the people they play against, and they prove it to themselves every day by cheating.

    What you and I have to do is simply accept that they are out there, shrug, and go on with our lives. Take some solace in the fact that losers like that really aren't very good and you probably beat some of them every day. That must be particularly galling for them, to lose even with all the cheats they provide themselves. I smile when I think about that.

    You're saying you can't program a way to limit the turn circle of Oni and Blight?

    You're out of your depth here. You 100% can lol

    That attitude is enabling BHVR to do nothing. The issue here is their complacency, not whether you can program the mechanics for Blight/Oni to limit their turning circle. It would take me an hour to program this if I had the source code.

    Same goes for other technical exploits in this game.

  • @Toblerone007 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2037615#Comment_2037615

    You're saying you can't program a way to limit the turn circle of Oni and Blight?

    You're out of your depth here. You 100% can lol

    That attitude is enabling BHVR to do nothing. The issue here is their complacency, not whether you can program the mechanics for Blight/Oni to limit their turning circle. It would take me an hour to program this if I had the source code.

    Same goes for other technical exploits in this game.

    Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit is it? I was CLEARLY talking about exploits that happen outside the programming and thus cannot be affected. The DEV cannot program anything which will detect the Player's mouse or monitor settings, whether or not their monitor provides a targeting system or adjusting hue and brightness. The setting on a monitor are not detectable by the DEV or any other game system either. They likewise can't see how you setup your mouse. There are also keyboards that can store a mountain of macros. Hotkeys have been a thing for a LONG time. Do you see where I'm going with this?

    At no time did I mention (or care) about the turning radius of Oni or Blight. I was addressing the fact that macros set on a mouse, like settings on a monitor, are something the DEV can't control. But if you want to go down this rabbit hole, why do you think the DEV should hobble Oni and Blight for EVERYONE because there are "some" cheaters out there? And for the record, I don't play either Killer.

  • As a console player it feels very unfair that pc can do those ridiculous turns, however if anything i feel that they should increase the default turn radius then fix those macros.

    Also stretched res as either side imo is cheating that isn't exploiting turn speed that is modifying the game and gives a very unfair advantage in chases you were not supposed to have, same thing as macros but it's much more severe when survivors use this to see over loops as it makes many pallets save.

  • @AChaoticKiller said:

    As a console player it feels very unfair that pc can do those ridiculous turns, however if anything i feel that they should increase the default turn radius then fix those macros.

    Also stretched res as either side imo is cheating that isn't exploiting turn speed that is modifying the game and gives a very unfair advantage in chases you were not supposed to have.

    If it makes you feel better I'm a PC Player that uses an Xbox controller because I hate playing by keyboard. I find the controller far more intuitive for myself. I do sacrifice the ability for those crazy spin turns though. :)

  • @Canas said:

    Why should Oni and Blight players be allowed to take impossible turns during their rush which they weren't intended to perform? These killers were balanced around having strictly limited movement options during their ability, that's called counterplay.

    And yet 3rd party tools like mouse macros enable players to cheat the system by giving them the option to bypass this handicap entirely. Oni players probably have to be the worst offenders when it comes to this. Either patch these killers to be unable to exceed a certain turn degree or make these macros a bannable offense.

    To be real all PC players cheat in some way or gain some mechanic advantage so all survivors and killers are not as good as they see themselves but claim to be the best skilled platform. Lol what a joke

  • To be real all PC players cheat in some way or gain some mechanic advantage so all survivors and killers are not as good as they see themselves but claim to be the best skilled platform. Lol what a joke

  • @Leachy_Jr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2038876#Comment_2038876

    I'm literally console, so I can't do either the 180 oni flick or the j flick on blight.

    If it had no counter then sure, id understand why people want it removed. But once again all I see is survivors whining and refusing to adapt to a trick that doesn't even change the game that much and only increases the skillcap of versing and playing these killers.

    Also, it's only a reportable offence if it has a detrimental effect to the game, eg infinite mend legion. This doesn't. Some unintended game mechanics are recognised by the devs like the tractor tech, and even mclean himself knows about the j flick and at the current date he has no plans to remove it.

    Im on console too, I like to play Blight but yes, there is something that has to be changed. I'd prefer increasing the turning degrees on console, its awful and so many console players dont play it because of that and other things. Remove the J tech or decreased it, just as console or put them equally for both:)

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2040117#Comment_2040117

    If it makes you feel better I'm a PC Player that uses an Xbox controller because I hate playing by keyboard. I find the controller far more intuitive for myself. I do sacrifice the ability for those crazy spin turns though. :)

    Samesies.

  • @Leachy_Jr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2038876#Comment_2038876

    I'm literally console, so I can't do either the 180 oni flick or the j flick on blight.

    If it had no counter then sure, id understand why people want it removed. But once again all I see is survivors whining and refusing to adapt to a trick that doesn't even change the game that much and only increases the skillcap of versing and playing these killers.

    Also, it's only a reportable offence if it has a detrimental effect to the game, eg infinite mend legion. This doesn't. Some unintended game mechanics are recognised by the devs like the tractor tech, and even mclean himself knows about the j flick and at the current date he has no plans to remove it.

    Dude that's just nonsense talk. You haven't gone up against these guys or you would see that it absolutely is game changing. I want to see you go up against some of the top lights using this trick and see you get smoked then talk that junk.

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2039897#Comment_2039897

    Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit is it? I was CLEARLY talking about exploits that happen outside the programming and thus cannot be affected. The DEV cannot program anything which will detect the Player's mouse or monitor settings, whether or not their monitor provides a targeting system or adjusting hue and brightness. The setting on a monitor are not detectable by the DEV or any other game system either. They likewise can't see how you setup your mouse. There are also keyboards that can store a mountain of macros. Hotkeys have been a thing for a LONG time. Do you see where I'm going with this?

    At no time did I mention (or care) about the turning radius of Oni or Blight. I was addressing the fact that macros set on a mouse, like settings on a monitor, are something the DEV can't control. But if you want to go down this rabbit hole, why do you think the DEV should hobble Oni and Blight for EVERYONE because there are "some" cheaters out there? And for the record, I don't play either Killer.

    @Moundshroud I was talking about this yesterday. Trying to ban people for using a gaming mouse or changing your monitor settings is really stupid. If they start hard capping turning rates for killers, it'll just increase the amount of people switching to survivor. If I have to use a slow turn speed to make others' feel good, I just won't play that game. Being artificially handicapped due to one group not liking something is just pure entitlement.

  • Kind of a pointless thread. No one remembers "Billy flick back when"?

    Devs will patch it out once they figure out how. There's already a limit on the turn radius but is being bypassed by a high dpi that the game can't handle.

  • @Canas said:

    Why should Oni and Blight players be allowed to take impossible turns during their rush which they weren't intended to perform? These killers were balanced around having strictly limited movement options during their ability, that's called counterplay.

    And yet 3rd party tools like mouse macros enable players to cheat the system by giving them the option to bypass this handicap entirely. Oni players probably have to be the worst offenders when it comes to this. Either patch these killers to be unable to exceed a certain turn degree or make these macros a bannable offense.

    Sorry, do you have proof that macros are being used in a widespread fashion?

    I play both, and I make turns that surprise people all the time. Granted, I'm swiping my mouse like an angry-about-to-quit-employee clearing their desktop, but it is legit. So unless you have documented proof, you probably shouldn't accuse people.

  • @LexTalionis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/236169/when-will-mouse-macros-finally-be-dealt-with-oni-blight-mains-are-cheating

    Sorry, do you have proof that macros are being used in a widespread fashion?

    I play both, and I make turns that surprise people all the time. Granted, I'm swiping my mouse like an angry-about-to-quit-employee clearing their desktop, but it is legit. So unless you have documented proof, you probably shouldn't accuse people.

    I said the same thing and then somebody showed me video evidence and I was like wow. Yeah it's definitely widespread it's called the Japanese flick

  • @Blindninja said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2040839#Comment_2040839

    I said the same thing and then somebody showed me video evidence and I was like wow. Yeah it's definitely widespread it's called the Japanese flick

    I just watched the video on Jflicks....it isn't macro based. It is simply a skill based on game mechanics. I had never even heard of them before seeing this post, but found that I actually do them regularly just because I am experienced on Blight, just with regular old mouse movement (though I do have lower DPI so I flick pretty hard).

  • @LexTalionis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2040842#Comment_2040842

    I just watched the video on Jflicks....it isn't macro based. It is simply a skill based on game mechanics. I had never even heard of them before seeing this post, but found that I actually do them regularly just because I am experienced on Blight, just with regular old mouse movement (though I do have lower DPI so I flick pretty hard).

    The developers made it so that the blight is not supposed to turn more than 90゚. Using high dpi to break through that is unintended. It literally breaks something they designed. I am tired of hearing the excuses

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2039897#Comment_2039897

    Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit is it? I was CLEARLY talking about exploits that happen outside the programming and thus cannot be affected. The DEV cannot program anything which will detect the Player's mouse or monitor settings, whether or not their monitor provides a targeting system or adjusting hue and brightness. The setting on a monitor are not detectable by the DEV or any other game system either. They likewise can't see how you setup your mouse. There are also keyboards that can store a mountain of macros. Hotkeys have been a thing for a LONG time. Do you see where I'm going with this?

    At no time did I mention (or care) about the turning radius of Oni or Blight. I was addressing the fact that macros set on a mouse, like settings on a monitor, are something the DEV can't control. But if you want to go down this rabbit hole, why do you think the DEV should hobble Oni and Blight for EVERYONE because there are "some" cheaters out there? And for the record, I don't play either Killer.

    You CLEARLY weren't.

    You're addressing a thread about Oni/Blight J-flicks and saying that they're using macros to achieve it (which is true). Don't twist your words how insecure are you?

    I see where you're going with your new response. That's not what they are looking for to fix Oni/Blight J turn exploiters.

    I'll say it again: you're out of your depth answering this question.

    Yes you hobble Oni/Blight (a real stretch of it's definition good one Moundshroud) because it provides uncounterable play in chase with these two killers. The amount of players that do it is irrelevent. You're going to say what about all the survivor stuff that's exploitable. Fix it too. Stop enabling BHVR complacency.

  • @AVoiceOfReason said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2039981#Comment_2039981

    @Moundshroud I was talking about this yesterday. Trying to ban people for using a gaming mouse or changing your monitor settings is really stupid. If they start hard capping turning rates for killers, it'll just increase the amount of people switching to survivor. If I have to use a slow turn speed to make others' feel good, I just won't play that game. Being artificially handicapped due to one group not liking something is just pure entitlement.

    Good.

    It's entitled to think you should have access to uncounterable movement that you can do all game.

  • @Toblerone007 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2039981#Comment_2039981

    You CLEARLY weren't.

    You're addressing a thread about Oni/Blight J-flicks and saying that they're using macros to achieve it (which is true). Don't twist your words how insecure are you?

    I see where you're going with your new response. That's not what they are looking for to fix Oni/Blight J turn exploiters.

    I'll say it again: you're out of your depth answering this question.

    Yes you hobble Oni/Blight (a real stretch of it's definition good one Moundshroud) because it provides uncounterable play in chase with these two killers. The amount of players that do it is irrelevent. You're going to say what about all the survivor stuff that's exploitable. Fix it too. Stop enabling BHVR complacency.

    You're a hoot. Since you think I'm so out of my depth by explaining the FACT that the DEV do not have the capability to somehow sense your monitor, mouse, and keyboard settings, why don't you explain exactly how (specifics) you want these two Killers altered. Please, by all means, provide EXACTLY how (within the code) this can be done affecting all platforms equally, but without making those two Killers totally ineffectual. I will be expecting you to show your math.

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2041775#Comment_2041775

    You're a hoot. Since you think I'm so out of my depth by explaining the FACT that the DEV do not have the capability to somehow sense your monitor, mouse, and keyboard settings, why don't you explain exactly how (specifics) you want these two Killers altered. Please, by all means, provide EXACTLY how (within the code) this can be done affecting all platforms equally, but without making those two Killers totally ineffectual. I will be expecting you to show your math.

    I love your writing. Truly. Hoot hoot.

    You want specifics?

    You start with setting threshold limits to altering velocity vectors of Oni and Blight's turning circle. They sit on a 3d plane and there is a mathematical function in the code that sets the ability to change direction on the x-y plane. The function would be a radical (which is a square root function) because the faster you flick, the smaller response you get in return. On a graph that looks like deminishing returns as x increases. x = mouse input for the flick and y= the turning circle (in radians) you see as Oni/Blight. Naturally they have two different functions but it's the same concept. I would have to see the source code to see exactly where the function would have its maximum threshold set as well as how I would approach writing the logic so it actually translates into their respective gameplay. My guess for a function that suits is

    f(x) = squarert(x/5 . 10^3) , f(x) <= 1.57 (in radians)

    This function would behave as if you flick with a ~12500 dpi mouse you will flick at 90 degrees and that threshold I set makes it a maximum 90 degrees. (just an example not sure exactly what figure would be a balanced yet fair flick for both the killers)

    Are you sure you want to see this in source? What language do you want it written in? C++ or UE4 Blueprints are the only options for this game but I'm sure you don't understand how to read these.

  • @Toblerone007 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2041786#Comment_2041786

    I love your writing. Truly. Hoot hoot.

    You want specifics?

    You start with setting threshold limits to altering velocity vectors of Oni and Blight's turning circle. They sit on a 3d plane and there is a mathematical function in the code that sets the ability to change direction on the x-y plane. The function would be a radical (which is a square root function) because the faster you flick, the smaller response you get in return. On a graph that looks like deminishing returns as x increases. x = mouse input for the flick and y= the turning circle (in radians) you see as Oni/Blight. Naturally they have two different functions but it's the same concept. I would have to see the source code to see exactly where the function would have its maximum threshold set as well as how I would approach writing the logic so it actually translates into their respective gameplay. My guess for a function that suits is

    f(x) = squarert(x/5 . 10^3) , f(x) <= 1.57 (in radians)

    This function would behave as if you flick with a ~12500 dpi mouse you will flick at 90 degrees and that threshold I set makes it a maximum 90 degrees. (just an example not sure exactly what figure would be a balanced yet fair flick for both the killers)

    Are you sure you want to see this in source? What language do you want it written in? C++ or UE4 Blueprints are the only options for this game but I'm sure you don't understand how to read these.

    Sure? Go right ahead. Although I still don't think you are being specific enough, i.e. you still don't explain how it is going to work in code, across all platforms, not do you explain the net effect on the Killers. I think it is easy for people (like you) to demand changes without having seen the actual code involved in this game. But if you are this miracle savant, and actually put the work up, perhaps BEhavior will see it and slap their foreheads and say "DOH! Why didn't we think of that." Or, your work and utter lack of knowledge of the situation will just continue to make you look even more foolish. I consider it win/win. If you are right, perhaps something will come of it. If you are wrong (99.9% likely) you will continue to entertain us with your little, silly screeds.

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2041850#Comment_2041850

    Sure? Go right ahead. Although I still don't think you are being specific enough, i.e. you still don't explain how it is going to work in code, across all platforms, not do you explain the net effect on the Killers. I think it is easy for people (like you) to demand changes without having seen the actual code involved in this game. But if you are this miracle savant, and actually put the work up, perhaps BEhavior will see it and slap their foreheads and say "DOH! Why didn't we think of that." Or, your work and utter lack of knowledge of the situation will just continue to make you look even more foolish. I consider it win/win. If you are right, perhaps something will come of it. If you are wrong (99.9% likely) you will continue to entertain us with your little, silly screeds.

    Lmao. Must've been a blow to your ego.

    That was specific. I can't write the code here because I don't have the source code. Do you understand what that means?

    Why does it always have to revolve around you might I ask? Notice how you say it's a win/win. Well as long as Mr. Shroud is happy then I suppose the world can keep turning. I also like how you completely and utterly ignore what I actually sent you. I didn't just pull that out of my ass. It was relevent. Again, you're out of your depth.

  • @Toblerone007 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2041863#Comment_2041863

    Lmao. Must've been a blow to your ego.

    That was specific. I can't write the code here because I don't have the source code. Do you understand what that means?

    Mound mentioned making these changes work across all platforms. Is that possible you think? Console doesn't really offer much in the flicking department...

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2041876#Comment_2041876

    Mound mentioned making these changes work across all platforms. Is that possible you think? Console doesn't really offer much in the flicking department...

    Yes.

    You can program extra sensitivity on input. UE4 has this inbuilt.

    As for other consoles, they share largely the same code. The main difference is the API between the consoles and pc is different. The dbd patches are almost the same between platforms. The only difference is the hardware rendering DBD between platforms and therefore must use its respective API to build.

    As for flicking with a console they can implement higher software sensitivity with the analog stick. It is very simple to implement. However, this thread was about the J-flick exploit on Oni/Blight which can definitely be removed.

  • @Toblerone007 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2041863#Comment_2041863

    Lmao. Must've been a blow to your ego.

    That was specific. I can't write the code here because I don't have the source code. Do you understand what that means?

    Not at all. My ego, as anyone will tell you, is quite oversized tied to my force of will. I don't even remember your name or this post after I've left it until I get a notification and come back to remind myself. But I do appreciate you proving my point for me. Let me home in on something you said above; you said, "I can't write the code here because I don't have the source code." Exactly. You don't know what you are talking about. While I am an egotistical SOB, even I don't make the assumptions that you do. You simply assume that there are no problems, that to implement the immediate gratification you want is a snap. What wonderfully high opinion you have or yourself and your abilities; are we kindred spirits? The difference between us is that I will take pride in the things I accomplish and know for a fact. I don't assume that I'm smarter than the coders at the DEV. I don't even assume I know more about code than you do (although it is quite possible). What I do know is that there is no way for them to detect what settings people have on their monitors, mice, and keyboards. What I do know is that any attempt to curtail those Killers across all platforms is a very messy can of worms. Are you picking up what I'm putting down?

    All you do is demand what you WANT and infer that the DEV are somehow lazy or have ulterior motives for not granting you immediate gratification. Believe it or not, I've been taking it easy on you. I'm trying HARD to be a kinder, more gentle Moundshroud. Until you can come to us with some facts, you are just another nameless, faceless voice quacking on the internet. You are a child throwing a tantrum, mad about some perceived injustice and screaming ME! ME! ME!

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2041876#Comment_2041876

    Not at all. My ego, as anyone will tell you, is quite oversized tied to my force of will. I don't even remember your name or this post after I've left it until I get a notification and come back to remind myself. But I do appreciate you proving my point for me. Let me home in on something you said above; you said, "I can't write the code here because I don't have the source code." Exactly. You don't know what you are talking about. While I am an egotistical SOB, even I don't make the assumptions that you do. You simply assume that there are no problems, that to implement the immediate gratification you want is a snap. What wonderfully high opinion you have or yourself and your abilities; are we kindred spirits? The difference between us is that I will take pride in the things I accomplish and know for a fact. I don't assume that I'm smarter than the coders at the DEV. I don't even assume I know more about code than you do (although it is quite possible). What I do know is that there is no way for them to detect what settings people have on their monitors, mice, and keyboards. What I do know is that any attempt to curtail those Killers across all platforms is a very messy can of worms. Are you picking up what I'm putting down?

    All you do is demand what you WANT and infer that the DEV are somehow lazy or have ulterior motives for not granting you immediate gratification. Believe it or not, I've been taking it easy on you. I'm trying HARD to be a kinder, more gentle Moundshroud. Until you can come to us with some facts, you are just another nameless, faceless voice quacking on the internet. You are a child throwing a tantrum, mad about some perceived injustice and screaming ME! ME! ME!

    There's a lot of irony and hypocrisy in this post

  • How so? I admit that I'm an egotistical SOB. I'm very up front about that. That is the opposite of being a hypocrite. Ironic? Perhaps. But again, I always willing to eat crow when I'm wrong, apologize when I step over the line, and back up my claims. I'm a very direct, proof is in the pudding kind of person.

  • @Dizzy1096 said:

    Survivors are allowed to spin on the spot at 200mph so I don’t see why killers can’t. Also the amount running stretched rez now is getting ridiculous. Let not forget those survivors that are also allowed to get fast vaults at windows designed to only give medium vaults.

    I think she's referring to macros specifically. Stretched res is not specific to any side and unintentional window vaults are in the game.

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2041876#Comment_2041876

    Not at all. My ego, as anyone will tell you, is quite oversized tied to my force of will. I don't even remember your name or this post after I've left it until I get a notification and come back to remind myself. But I do appreciate you proving my point for me. Let me home in on something you said above; you said, "I can't write the code here because I don't have the source code." Exactly. You don't know what you are talking about. While I am an egotistical SOB, even I don't make the assumptions that you do. You simply assume that there are no problems, that to implement the immediate gratification you want is a snap. What wonderfully high opinion you have or yourself and your abilities; are we kindred spirits? The difference between us is that I will take pride in the things I accomplish and know for a fact. I don't assume that I'm smarter than the coders at the DEV. I don't even assume I know more about code than you do (although it is quite possible). What I do know is that there is no way for them to detect what settings people have on their monitors, mice, and keyboards. What I do know is that any attempt to curtail those Killers across all platforms is a very messy can of worms. Are you picking up what I'm putting down?

    All you do is demand what you WANT and infer that the DEV are somehow lazy or have ulterior motives for not granting you immediate gratification. Believe it or not, I've been taking it easy on you. I'm trying HARD to be a kinder, more gentle Moundshroud. Until you can come to us with some facts, you are just another nameless, faceless voice quacking on the internet. You are a child throwing a tantrum, mad about some perceived injustice and screaming ME! ME! ME!

    Hey respect for owning it. That's gutsy.

    Not sure how you fathomed that little cheeky parenthesis: "(although it is quite possible.)" I have been able to answer your technical questions, you have not. See the irony? As for BHVR complacency with their updates. I promise you it's not as much work as they make it out to you.

    I'm not calling you unintelligent. If this were a creative writing seminar you would smash me. You clearly have far greater vocabulary than me but don't pretend that you have an input against me in these technical discussions.

    You didn't have to write all that out lol.

    EDIT: I know you're taking it easy on me. I've seen the abuse you've sent to people here. Not cool.

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2042563#Comment_2042563

    How so? I admit that I'm an egotistical SOB. I'm very up front about that. That is the opposite of being a hypocrite. Ironic? Perhaps. But again, I always willing to eat crow when I'm wrong, apologize when I step over the line, and back up my claims. I'm a very direct, proof is in the pudding kind of person.

    Mostly how you are naming behaviours of him and pointing them out pejoratively. Not sure if that's included in the "SOB" bit but at that point I don't get the point in trying to call out someone for traits you have, if that is included

  • @kyogul said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2042601#Comment_2042601

    Mostly how you are naming behaviours of him and pointing them out pejoratively. Not sure if that's included in the "SOB" bit but at that point I don't get the point in trying to call out someone for traits you have, if that is included

    They are bad behaviors; they are also different from MY bad behaviors. I'm working on mine. :) The person I was speaking with apparently took issue with me pointing out that the DEV have no way of policing personal monitors, mice, or keyboards. That is a fact. It is a separate fact from the problem with Oni and Blight. The turns Oni/Blight make are no different from the advantage that PCs have over console with their crazy 360 Survivor jukes. It is an issue that has no easy solution. The DEV attempted to prevent it with the new animations, i.e. sneak it in under the radar but the reaction was so entitled and negative that they just put things back. The issue is that attempting, across all platforms, to try and mitigate it will have lots of unintended consequences. It also punishes people who aren't cheating for the sake of catching some that are... always a slippery slope.

    I am open and honest about the fact that I have don't know what is involved in making changes to the code. It clearly is not a simple process because every change they make takes forever and is clearly quite involved. I suspect this is in part due to the nature of the spaghetti code situation they are stuck in, combined with the complications of all the various platforms that now interact. Will something be done about Oni/Blight at some point? Probably. That, however, is not what I was pointing out. It is never as easy as all those demanding instant gratification claim. I also think attacks on the company you want something from are kind of counterproductive. Those are real people on the other side of the screen and being called lazy, idiots, incompetents, or evil corporate drones doesn't sit well with them. Like us, I suspect they do the best they can with what they have to work with. We don't know so I find the nature of some of the complaints and demands I hear to be rather rude and poorly thought out.

    The company has a much larger VESTED interest in the game being successful. For us this game is a luxury item, something that we can walk away from at any time. For them, the game is their jobs. Who do you think it matters to more? I reserve most of my bile for people who can't seem to engage in common courtesy. As far as the game is concerned, I also pass my feedback along to the DEV. I'm not offended when they don't make use of it. I do my part and move on. If I'm not happy with a game, I find another. So far, Dead by Daylight is far more fun to me than not. The issues (and there are issues) are not big enough to make a dent in the fun I have playing it. When that changes, if it changes, I'll vagabond on to the next game. I won't even stop by here to give some dramatic "goodbye cruel DbD" post.

  • @Toblerone007 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2040768#Comment_2040768

    Good.

    It's entitled to think you should have access to uncounterable movement that you can do all game.

    @Toblerone007 YOU can't counter it. I definitely have multiple times and got videos of me doing it. Don't lump me in please. Blights' flick and Oni is fair.

  • @AVoiceOfReason said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2041778#Comment_2041778

    @Toblerone007 YOU can't counter it. I definitely have multiple times and got videos of me doing it. Don't lump me in please. Blights' flick and Oni is fair.

    Even your autocorrect couldn't type out your sentence correctly.

    Your counterplay is to run out into the hitzone where a normal player can turn. For every time Oni/Blight can already get hits, how's it make sense to have a 50/50 in the limited space you can use to maneouvre away from a blight/oni in power.

  • @Toblerone007 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2045344#Comment_2045344

    Even your autocorrect couldn't type out your sentence correctly.

    Your counterplay is to run out into the hitzone where a normal player can turn. For every time Oni/Blight can already get hits, how's it make sense to have a 50/50 in the limited space you can use to maneouvre away from a blight/oni in power.

    @Toblerone007 My sentence structure is fine. Use a good argument instead of nitpicking. Curve Billy was doing this for years and no one bats an eye. Oni and Blight do it for a day and everyone loses their minds. Learn to counter it instead of complaining. I've defended both sides over the years but this isn't one of them. I will not agree with something that just isn't true. YOU cannot beat them. I CAN. That's all.

  • Doesn't Oni have a cap on his Demon Strike lunge?

  • @Hoodied said:

    Doesn't Oni have a cap on his Demon Strike lunge?

    @Hoodied Correct. The only thing now is he can turn a corner slightly better than he use to. That's it.

  • @Nosferatu3145 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2037662#Comment_2037662

    Doesn't affect movement but give a ton of information that survivors wouldn't have otherwise. So it's okay for killers to use wallhacks? It's just extra information, nothing that change the movement whatsoever

    This is such an stupid argument that to be honest i dont even know how to reply

  • @AVoiceOfReason said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2045369#Comment_2045369

    @Hoodied Correct. The only thing now is he can turn a corner slightly better than he use to. That's it.

    That doesn't even sound as bad as this blight thing tbh

  • @Hoodied said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2045373#Comment_2045373

    That doesn't even sound as bad as this blight thing tbh

    @Hoodied It uses the same flick. Just a turn around a corner by using higher turn rate. That's it. You can still dodge him but people are losing their minds because they see it once and think its broken. Curve Billy was a thing and no one cared. Blight and Oni does a slight better turn and its the end of the world. Spirit is fine to EVERYONE on here but Blight and Oni is OP because they can turn a bit better? Like what?

  • @AVoiceOfReason said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2045380#Comment_2045380

    @Hoodied It uses the same flick. Just a turn around a corner by using higher turn rate. That's it. You can still dodge him but people are losing their minds because they see it once and think its broken. Curve Billy was a thing and no one cared. Blight and Oni does a slight better turn and its the end of the world. Spirit is fine to EVERYONE on here but Blight and Oni is OP because they can turn a bit better? Like what?

    Oh all it does is increase the flick speed?

    I thought it increase the degree of the flick or something lmao that doesn't even sound hard to deal with, with blight literally just get out of the way

    Oni is still the same too, a good Oni you literally still get bonked by

  • @AVoiceOfReason said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2045353#Comment_2045353

    @Toblerone007 My sentence structure is fine. Use a good argument instead of nitpicking. Curve Billy was doing this for years and no one bats an eye. Oni and Blight do it for a day and everyone loses their minds. Learn to counter it instead of complaining. I've defended both sides over the years but this isn't one of them. I will not agree with something that just isn't true. YOU cannot beat them. I CAN. That's all.

    No your autocorrect or whatever. It went from can to can't. First sentence. I wasn't talking about your sentences. They're A okay.

    I'm not complaining. I know how to dodge it. I'm just saying it's a 50/50 every time they do it with an ability that is already super powerful.

  • @Hoodied said:

    Doesn't Oni have a cap on his Demon Strike lunge?

    Yes he does.

    90 degrees to the sides out of demon dash should be the max but PC players are able to get 180 degrees

    https://youtu.be/r7FCrvvch1g


  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2045369#Comment_2045369

    Yes he does.

    90 degrees to the sides out of demon dash should be the max but PC players are able to get 180 degrees

    https://youtu.be/r7FCrvvch1g

    Had a feeling, always love going to Oni on console

  • @Toblerone007 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2045366#Comment_2045366

    No your autocorrect or whatever. It went from can to can't. First sentence. I wasn't talking about your sentences. They're A okay.

    I'm not complaining. I know how to dodge it. I'm just saying it's a 50/50 every time they do it with an ability that is already super powerful.

    @Toblerone007 I never edited anything. Still the same as it was. Must be the server, not me. I enjoy going against them. This is the first time I've been seeing them both in a long time and after getting 13 Spirit games in a row in 1 day, I'm happy to go against them. I still run them like I use to, except I throw pallets a bit sooner than I usually do. Blight; I try to whack him with a pallet still.

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2045369#Comment_2045369

    Yes he does.

    90 degrees to the sides out of demon dash should be the max but PC players are able to get 180 degrees

    https://youtu.be/r7FCrvvch1g

    Doing a 360 spin to slam someone just isn't that bad to me. I just can't see the problem.

  • It's unbalanced as hell and removes a lot of counterplay from him

  • Wait I am so confused now, can he do a 360 or not

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2045448#Comment_2045448

    It's unbalanced as hell and removes a lot of counterplay from him

    @OniWantsYourMacaroni Doing a 360 spin before slamming isn't terrible, though. If he was gonna hit you, it would hit you even if you turned around.

  • @Hoodied He can turn around in a 360 spin before slamming his batou. So instead of lunging forward, he can quickly turn during the lunge to slam someone.

1 2 3 4