When will mouse macros finally be dealt with? Oni/Blight mains are cheating

Why should Oni and Blight players be allowed to take impossible turns during their rush which they weren't intended to perform? These killers were balanced around having strictly limited movement options during their ability, that's called counterplay.

And yet 3rd party tools like mouse macros enable players to cheat the system by giving them the option to bypass this handicap entirely. Oni players probably have to be the worst offenders when it comes to this. Either patch these killers to be unable to exceed a certain turn degree or make these macros a bannable offense.

Comments

  • @AVoiceOfReason said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2045500#Comment_2045500

    @Hoodied He can turn around in a 360 spin before slamming his batou. So instead of lunging forward, he can quickly turn during the lunge to slam someone.

    Hmm, I need footage of this happening cause I need to see what this looks like

  • Ah,you meant something else.

    Yes he can 360 while doing the lunge but not the demon strike out of the dash

  • @AVoiceOfReason said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2045500#Comment_2045500

    @Hoodied He can turn around in a 360 spin before slamming his batou. So instead of lunging forward, he can quickly turn during the lunge to slam someone.

    Ups,just realized you guys were talking about the lunge and not the demon strike out of dash ๐Ÿ˜‘

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2045517#Comment_2045517

    Ups,just realized you guys were talking about the lunge and not the demon strike out of dash ๐Ÿ˜‘

    @OniWantsYourMacaroni You're good, Bro. No harm done.

  • @Hoodied said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2045517#Comment_2045517

    Hmm, I need footage of this happening cause I need to see what this looks like

    @Hoodied Look up Oni J-Flick on youtube.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2037241#Comment_2037241

    Communication tools are already built into all or most of the launchers people use for DBD. For example, Steam already has voice chat built in. It is unrealistic to expect people playing a game with a built-in party system on platforms with built-in voice chat to not talk to the friends they're partied up with.

    Blight and Oni are balanced around a heavily limited rate of turning while using their powers. This mechanic was clearly not intended and is only possible on PC if you have a mouse with DPI buttons. It is clearly an exploit and should either be addressed as such or made more accessible to players in exchange for other nerfs.

    Survivors too are balanced without knowing where every survivor and the killer is all the time, but this is okay just because? And yes, obviously voice chat is everywhere, but if the game was designed with survivors having this much information, perks like kindred, bond, empathy, dark sense and "there's a Hex on the shack" would be basekit.

    It's naive to think that this game is designed to 4 survivors have all this kind of information, cause we all know that with exception of a good nurse and spirit, there's no other killer who can stand a chance against a good team.

    And even a blight or oni using this high DPI exploit to verse a 4 man on comms, the killer would be at disavantage.

  • @AVoiceOfReason said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2045396#Comment_2045396

    @Toblerone007 I never edited anything. Still the same as it was. Must be the server, not me. I enjoy going against them. This is the first time I've been seeing them both in a long time and after getting 13 Spirit games in a row in 1 day, I'm happy to go against them. I still run them like I use to, except I throw pallets a bit sooner than I usually do. Blight; I try to whack him with a pallet still.

    Dude. "YOU can't counter it" was the typo I'm talking about. My god. You were saying you CAN.

    I'll take a 180 flick oni over spirit any day but I'm just saying just because it's more fun to verse than spirit doesn't make it fair. It's unintended firstly and not even possible with a controller. No surprises if it gets removed.

  • @Toblerone007 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2045445#Comment_2045445

    Dude. "YOU can't counter it" was the typo I'm talking about. My god. You were saying you CAN.

    I'll take a 180 flick oni over spirit any day but I'm just saying just because it's more fun to verse than spirit doesn't make it fair. It's unintended firstly and not even possible with a controller. No surprises if it gets removed.

    I was saying You as in YOU, not me.

  • This is still going?

    I honestly feel that the there are two kinds of people complaining:

    1. The survs that believe a rock or tree will save their life, getting triggered when they get hit around, when in reality it should. A simple object shouldn't counter a killer. Instead you should have a unique pathing and reaction to it. And also that's the counter to the flicks, NO WAY??. Instead of hiding behind a wall or rock, actually move around objects that are out of his reach

    2. Console killers who are jealous. Instead of being childish and saying " if I can't have it, no one can" when you can hound at the dev's to implement it as a feature rather than remove it. Also console is bound to get optimised soon, with all graphic reworks anyway, helping with the frames hopefully.

  • @1nsignia said:

    This is still going?

    I honestly feel that the there are two kinds of people complaining:

    1. The survs that believe a rock or tree will save their life, getting triggered when they get hit around, when in reality it should. A simple object shouldn't counter a killer. Instead you should have a unique pathing and reaction to it. And also that's the counter to the flicks, NO WAY??. Instead of hiding behind a wall or rock, actually move around objects that are out of his reach

    2. Console killers who are jealous. Instead of being childish and saying " if I can't have it, no one can" when you can hound at the dev's to implement it as a feature rather than remove it. Also console is hound to get optimised soon, with all graphic reworks anyway, helping with the frames hopefully.

    Also console is hound to get optimised soon, with all graphic reworks anyway


    zombomeme24032021230050.jpg


  • This all day, twice on Sunday, and every birthday...

  • i main blight and you dont even need to j flick ill ######### on you without it. I thought about learning the j flick. But i don't want to use something and get crutched to it just to lose it.

  • @Blindninja said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2040877#Comment_2040877

    The developers made it so that the blight is not supposed to turn more than 90๏พŸ. Using high dpi to break through that is unintended. It literally breaks something they designed. I am tired of hearing the excuses

    Yes, because the devs always program things perfectly. snort


    If it is truly a bug, they can find a way to fix it. Hopefully without breaking "normal" use of the power, but I won't hold my breath on that.

  • @LexTalionis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2040943#Comment_2040943

    Yes, because the devs always program things perfectly. snort

    If it is truly a bug, they can find a way to fix it. Hopefully without breaking "normal" use of the power, but I won't hold my breath on that.

    Yeah that's a good point. That's what I worry about. I want them to make it not possible but at the same time I cringe every time they touch one of our favourite killers lol

  • @Toblerone007 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2041786#Comment_2041786

    I love your writing. Truly. Hoot hoot.

    You want specifics?

    You start with setting threshold limits to altering velocity vectors of Oni and Blight's turning circle. They sit on a 3d plane and there is a mathematical function in the code that sets the ability to change direction on the x-y plane. The function would be a radical (which is a square root function) because the faster you flick, the smaller response you get in return. On a graph that looks like deminishing returns as x increases. x = mouse input for the flick and y= the turning circle (in radians) you see as Oni/Blight. Naturally they have two different functions but it's the same concept. I would have to see the source code to see exactly where the function would have its maximum threshold set as well as how I would approach writing the logic so it actually translates into their respective gameplay. My guess for a function that suits is

    f(x) = squarert(x/5 . 10^3) , f(x) <= 1.57 (in radians)

    This function would behave as if you flick with a ~12500 dpi mouse you will flick at 90 degrees and that threshold I set makes it a maximum 90 degrees. (just an example not sure exactly what figure would be a balanced yet fair flick for both the killers)

    Are you sure you want to see this in source? What language do you want it written in? C++ or UE4 Blueprints are the only options for this game but I'm sure you don't understand how to read these.

    The problem with your "math" is you are assuming it is that simple. You are making massive assumptions as to how the programming actually occurs, when you really have zero insight into the actual code being used. You're blowing smoke with a pure hypothetical, and it just looks stupid to anyone with any actual programming experience.

1 2 3 4 โ€บ