What makes people DC?

Lately as soon as survivors see i play doc 1 dcs out of every 10 games...just a curiosity I know people DC vs freddy Myers and spirit but what makes a person say nope I would rather take the penalty? A friend of mine dcs if he gets haddonfield as killer🤣

Comments

    1. ir heads
    2. someone in the house needs them
    3. they get mad at the game
    4. their game crashes or they lose connection
    5. they see its a killer they hate going against
    6. they hate the map
  • 99% of the dcs I see are bacause slugging, most of the times for the 4k

  • @sesawyer3127 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2031687#Comment_2031687

    Yeah it is just unfortunate that people feel the need to DC for whatever reason and it makes things that much harder for everyone else. I am still learning the game but I never DC no matter how hard it may seem. I survivor main but wow in the last two days I have seen things like people in corners doing nothing but bagging each other instead of doing something, every other game players quitting, and my favy running right to me while on the hook with the killer in tow LOL.

    Without borrowed time unhooking you farming I bet🤨

  • @Hussein said:

    I usually play survivor and rarely ever DC. Other than internet connection loss, I've only DCed once and that was because my teammates screwed me over. I was on a gen, clown chased me and downed me. He then put me in the basement. I was left on the hook almost the entire time, where I was about to die on the second phase. When they finally unhooked me, clown was right behind them. I managed to just get outside the killer shack, but then the clown downed me again. I went underneath a pallet, then my teammate dropped the pallet on me and ran away. Clown was about to put me on death hook and so I DCed. I would've only gotten 3-4k BP anyway, so I'd rather DC than give the clown BP for hooking me.

    But generally it is annoying when people DC just because they dislike a map or killer, because then it puts more pressure on the rest of the survivors. Once someone DCs, it's very rare that we are able to escape.

    That is y some killers just take the time to play it as a warm up match and let at least one person get hatch...getting left on hook until second hook phase sucks and is one of the worst things about playing solo queues

  • @SpiritedSalsa said:

    I haven't had the game too long, but recently I've seen a few situations where I'm not sure if there's an internet issue causing a player to DC, or if it was intentional. I really wanted to help this Ace who was on his first hook. There was enough clear ground and the Killer was on a different part of the map, so no camping or proxying. The Ace in less than a second obliterated himself on the hook when I was so close to getting the save. He was new, so I wanted to heal him and then we could work on a gen. Another time recently, a fellow Survivor DC'd after being downed. I'd been downed too, but got saved, etc. A trolling situation happened where all 3 Survivors abandoned me and me and a Wraith just farmed points. (He downed me, got hits on me, let me wiggle out, then let me do a gen and finally gave me hatch). The DC's on purpose aren't my favoriite. If someone I see DC's after a down, I almost wish I could tell them that they have a chance of either getting healed if the killer is distracted, or getting saved from the hook before they enter the 2nd phase. I've even had times where I just wanted to DC, but I'm taking each loss as a learning curve and changing around my perks and enjoying the wins. Both losses and wins for me matter. The DC seems to be out of frustration that they weren't given a chance, at least in the games I've been in where I've seen it. Even killers have done it. I understand both sides. Again, there's definitely many reasons why someone does it and some even accidental. It happens more in Solo.

    Most new players seem to DC because they get found and tunneled first and if it's solo play they just give up hope

  • @latinfla4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2032799#Comment_2032799

    Most new players seem to DC because they get found and tunneled first and if it's solo play they just give up hope

    I definitely understand that. Plus if it was how it works in SWF where there's constant communication, they'd be told to wait and not rush the hook process. Since that's not an option if you're playing in Solos, which I do pretty much all the time, that's why there can be DC's too. I couldn't just say "Just hold on a little longer, I'll be there once the Killer finds someone else and I can safely unhook you." And that sucks. 🤣 Hopefully the people who do DC because they feel like they're not good at the game find the courage to keep practicing. I'm not a pro at all and I linger in green since just getting the game recently, but I'm a purple rank survivor if I sweat. I play for fun and accept the losses and wins. Looping for me even is impossible sometimes, but there's always room to improve for anyone new who feels like they never will.

  • @valvarez4 said:

    99% of the dcs I see are bacause slugging, most of the times for the 4k

    Worse if the killer doesn't hook afterwards

  • @latinfla4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2029461#Comment_2029461

    That is y I turn off crossplay...much smoother experience

    I tried turning cross play off then I had to wait 15 mins to get into a match as opposed to the 3 seconds it usually takes:/.

  • When people who were unhooked and get downed again immediately disconnect because "Tunneled" even though they were only going to be slugged, and often it was because they made a really dumb play or their teammates all went and hid and they only found that person again.

  • @ToxicPCPlayers_Sigh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2031434#Comment_2031434

    I tried turning cross play off then I had to wait 15 mins to get into a match as opposed to the 3 seconds it usually takes:/.

    In the evening for killers it is quicker

  • cause a lot of people get sick of AHHHH ahhhh ahhh!!!!! aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!.... no for freal my friend will dc even if the doc is farming cause he hates that screams ....

  • The only d/c I’ve had recently while playing killer was a Laurie Strode that tried to flashlight blind me while I was using Lightborn and was promptly hooked. Probably the only way this troll knew how to play. Probably also doubly mad that another player did an unsafe hook and he wasn’t running ds. Either way it made me laugh.

    Rank 4 survivor.

  • I have a few reasons for this some I'm not exactly happy about but it happens and I get over it.

    1. Killer is spirit and they tunnel and camp

    2. Killer is Freddy this isn't all Freddy players just ones that get really bad hits on you.

    3. Bad teamates

    4. Killers leave me slugged for no reason

    5. I'm having a bad day and every little thing irritates me

    6. Key holding hatch campers especially claudettes

    7. SWF sweat and bully squads

    8. 4 torches in a game

    9. Survivors switching last second to characters with obvious high powered items

    10. Pigs wearing that cream leather jacket on cold wind she aint got no business blending like that

  • Iri head + infantry belt, on a huntress that can actually hit someone

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    I don't DC, but there are times when I seriously consider it. Those times are when the match has been stupid, there was a disconnect or two near the start, and like no gens are done and I just want out. I give myself up to the killer both for their benefit and mine, and... they slug me and look for survivor #4. That is when I have to stop myself from just leaving the match.

    I know why the killer is slugging me, I get it, but I'm human and I can't help but feel slighted by the fact that I conceded and it wasn't enough for them, they need the last survivor, too. No, the killer doesn't have to play different when there are disconnects, but it still feels crappy from my POV. Hell, I'm obviously willing to die, they could at least leave me up to earn some points while they look for the last survivor.

    Like I said, I don't actually disconnect in these situations, I just badly want to. After those matches I often don't play for the rest of the day/week, as either role. That's a really specific scenario and probably not what you were looking for, but I wanted to take the opportunity complain. 😝

    Slugging for the 4k is always a sorry ass move, but even more so when half the team has dced.

  • Can the game distinguish between intentional Vs unintentional d/c?


    I have never and will never intentionally quit, I don't even know how to on console. I don't think there's a justification for it, ever and it should start at a 30 minute time out and scale up for repeated offences. You waste other people's time, you get your time out like the whining baby that you are.

  • @Hussein said:

    I usually play survivor and rarely ever DC. Other than internet connection loss, I've only DCed once and that was because my teammates screwed me over. I was on a gen, clown chased me and downed me. He then put me in the basement. I was left on the hook almost the entire time, where I was about to die on the second phase. When they finally unhooked me, clown was right behind them. I managed to just get outside the killer shack, but then the clown downed me again. I went underneath a pallet, then my teammate dropped the pallet on me and ran away. Clown was about to put me on death hook and so I DCed. I would've only gotten 3-4k BP anyway, so I'd rather DC than give the clown BP for hooking me.

    But generally it is annoying when people DC just because they dislike a map or killer, because then it puts more pressure on the rest of the survivors. Once someone DCs, it's very rare that we are able to escape.

    In that scenario though you are punishing the killer for the bad behaviour of your own team...how is that fair?

  • @latinfla4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2031716#Comment_2031716

    That is y some killers just take the time to play it as a warm up match and let at least one person get hatch...getting left on hook until second hook phase sucks and is one of the worst things about playing solo queues

    Agreed, not sure how to address the issue of deliberately unhelpful teammates though...anti-altruism! Probably needs to be a points penalty if the game could work out that it was perfectly easy to save someone, the team just didn't bother.

  • People may DC for any of the following:

    1. Their internet goes down or hiccups.
    2. A real life situation comes up and real life takes precedence over a video game.
    3. They are bad sports.

    That's it. Number three above covers 99.9% of all disconnects. No matter what excuses or reasoning someone applies to how unfair something is or how bad their teammates are, it is just plain old bad sportsmanship. The excuses can be well thought out and eloquently expressed, but the result and the real motivation is the same.

  • @NVerde said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2031716#Comment_2031716

    In that scenario though you are punishing the killer for the bad behaviour of your own team...how is that fair?

    Because instead of the killer leaving me on the ground and going after my teammates, he decides to hook me. The killer knew my teammates screwed me over, and if he still chooses to hook me, then I might as well D/C. Also there is no way for me to punish my own team if I'm dead on hook.

  • @Regulus47 said:

    Salt and frustration. I don't think there's much thought put into it, it's just "other side beat me waaaaa" baby rage

    Not really, most of DCs are from survivors. It's a plague for a few months (maybe 1/1.5 years). So why do they DC ? Because there are killers you can't do anything against when they are well played.

    A long time ago, before the nurse's nerf, most of the survivors were DCing against high skilled nurse cause you couldn't do anything.

    Now survivors are DCing agaisnt gunslinger, spirit, one shot huntress and such...

    1. They don't like the killer
    2. Their swf friend died or dc'd
    3. Game not going how perfectly it was going to go in their head
    4. Mad they weren't allowed to ds you
    5. Mad they were slugged for 5 seconds because there was someone with a flashlight you knew was around/they were in a pallet
    6. NOED, Devour, anything the killer has that exposes that's not Iron Maiden or Haunted Grounds
    7. or reasons like internet went out/game is stupid and booted them for no reason

    Those are the main reasons as far as I'm concerned.

  • @hentailord said:

    When survivor bring haddonfield offering i dont dc but i alt tab and do something else until the game is over so its mostly the same

    Yeah when a swf use it as a realm spawn you know you are in for a sweaty match

  • @CountVampyr said:

    The only d/c I’ve had recently while playing killer was a Laurie Strode that tried to flashlight blind me while I was using Lightborn and was promptly hooked. Probably the only way this troll knew how to play. Probably also doubly mad that another player did an unsafe hook and he wasn’t running ds. Either way it made me laugh.

    Rank 4 survivor.

    Even more fun when you use lightborn with the wraith🤣 reminds me of that Simpsons meme it's not working shake harder boy

  • @jester20k said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2026617#Comment_2026617

    Slugging for the 4k is always a sorry ass move, but even more so when half the team has dced.

    At that point it is a killer win no need to keep playing a sweaty killer

  • @DecisiveDwight said:

    I have a few reasons for this some I'm not exactly happy about but it happens and I get over it.

    1. Killer is spirit and they tunnel and camp

    2. Killer is Freddy this isn't all Freddy players just ones that get really bad hits on you.

    3. Bad teamates

    4. Killers leave me slugged for no reason

    5. I'm having a bad day and every little thing irritates me

    6. Key holding hatch campers especially claudettes

    7. SWF sweat and bully squads

    8. 4 torches in a game

    9. Survivors switching last second to characters with obvious high powered items

    10. Pigs wearing that cream leather jacket on cold wind she aint got no business blending like that

    For number 8 you can always lobby dodge or use lightborn for number nine I just wait in a corner last minute item switch and I cant do anything rather sit there you get no chase points and I play phone games...your clicking and jumping pallets doesn't make me care enough😂

  • @latinfla4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2036198#Comment_2036198

    Even more fun when you use lightborn with the wraith🤣 reminds me of that Simpsons meme it's not working shake harder boy

    What’s even funnier is that when more than one person is in the lobby decides on carrying a torch how could they NOT think that I’d equip lightborn? I’m sure plenty of killers wouldn’t, but even one is practically begging for either it Franklin’s. Lol.

  • @NVerde said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2034030#Comment_2034030

    Agreed, not sure how to address the issue of deliberately unhelpful teammates though...anti-altruism! Probably needs to be a points penalty if the game could work out that it was perfectly easy to save someone, the team just didn't bother.

    I think just the abandoned icon that shows up is all that happens...if a killer isn't camping your teammate rescue them don't you want another meat shield I mean person helping you with gens😂

  • @CountVampyr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2038255#Comment_2038255

    What’s even funnier is that when more than one person is in the lobby decides on carrying a torch how could they NOT think that I’d equip lightborn? I’m sure plenty of killers wouldn’t, but even one is practically begging for either it Franklin’s. Lol.

    Even funnier when more than one tries to blind you maybe it's the angle that's wrong it cant be lightborn😛

1 2 3 ›