Is Stream Sniping Fair?

Hear me out, anytime I play killer and I have twitch streamer in my lobby I check them out beforehand. See how they are acting on their stream. If they are obnoxious and being a jerk I don’t play that lobby. If they seem nice and whatnot I’ll drop a comment saying let’s have fun and this is the killer here. What I find laughable is one time after I dropped that comment before a match the streamer said “don’t stream snipe now!” Even though she was in a 4 man SWF team on comms. I wasn’t thinking about doing that. True I leave the stream on while playing on my PS4 but only to listen to their comments and reactions to me as killer. I’m not watching where they are going. Just find it funny that they had no problem being on a 4 man SWF team and were constantly updating their team on where I was and what I was doing but me stream sniping is going too far? It seems like a double standard.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @Zixology said:

    If someone puts their TTV in their name, they're asking for it. Nuff said.

    That’s is kinda true lol

  • I love going and watching the VOD after the fact to see how I played from their perspective, but I wouldn't leave them up...that would just feel unfair.

  • If they've got TTV in their name, I imagine they like the attention.

  • @DemoHarrington said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2025574#Comment_2025574

    i have read your post but does it matter and is it really necessary to go to their stream at the start of the game ?.?

    just finish the game and then go watch their clip if they even clip that and watch their reactions to your game and drop by .

    edit : also stream snipe is not fair in general not even in friendly ways thats just ruining the game for others cuz you’ll know their places and such .

    Also you just made a great argument for why it’s unfair for killers with SWF teams. Cause they will know where I am and such. It works both ways.

  • @Dragonshensi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2025583#Comment_2025583

    Are you saying you can’t help each other out unless you’re on comms? I guess you can’t solo q at all then since you can’t talk to your team.

    Where did I say that? Now you’re just making random stuff up lol, guess reading isn’t a strong point either?

  • @DemoHarrington said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2025589#Comment_2025589

    Then why play killer tho lol if you are in the red ranks or purp or green then of course you should be expecting swfs swarming all over you 😂 Sorry but if you think the swfs are gonna go away they wont lol

    however i do agree they are putting ttv in their names basically asking for it lolz

    so since I’m a level 13 killer I should just expect from now to constantly get red rank 4 man SWF teams? I’m not even a high ranking killer and I constantly get these sweat squads

  • @Mugombo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2025598#Comment_2025598

    Where did I say that? Now you’re just making random stuff up lol, guess reading isn’t a strong point either?

    You fail to realize my point at all. You don’t get it.

  • I’ve noticed sometimes the matchmaking tries to make it “fair” by tossing in one person close to my rank then the other three are all red rank 3 man SWF with a rando.

  • Yes it’s fair. I can see why they dislike it but it’s fair. It’s their choice to broadcast their game to the world so you can’t blame others for watching. Afterall no streamer ever messaged me and said “hey mind if I broadcast you to the world?” They just do it regardless.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2025549#Comment_2025549

    For example, I play on PC. I bought the game on Steam and I open up Steam every time I want to launch the game. Steam has voice chat capabilities built right in. I'm not as knowledgeable about consoles, but I would be very surprised if PlayStation or Xbox don't have a built-in way to chat with friends. Expecting people not to use these tools while playing a game that lets you party up with your friends is simply not realistic.

    The ceiling of SWF is much higher than solo, but in practice it's usually not a big difference. SWFs are usually overly altruistic for party members, leading to some bad plays like risky save attempts, but not altruistic enough for the randos they're paired with, leading to other bad plays, like letting them struggle or die on hook. Many SWFs also don't have the game knowledge to communicate effectively, and many others straight up just don't talk about the game much. A couple of my friends like talking about other things because they feel any callouts hurt their immersion, for example. While solos are usually going to pick perks to help them survive, SWFs are also more likely to meme around with their builds. My buddies and I will all run No Mither, or all run Pebble, or random things like that just for the fun of it, whereas solos usually have less of an incentive to branch out and more of an incentive to run meta/detection perks.

    Please justify how this game wasn't balanced around voice chat and SWF. SWF was released in version 1.0.3, which is early enough that SWF was probably on their radar as a feature they wanted to add. Regardless, let's remember the state of balance the game was in when SWF was added. BNPs would literally insta-complete full generators until version 1.5.3. Most maps had literal infinites and substantially more pallets, including a number of double pallet loops. Exhaustion recovered while sprinting. Bloodlust wasn't even added until 1.5.0... this game was ridiculously survivor sided at launch. They've had more than four years since then to actually balance the game and it has come a long way. There are still plenty of things to work on, but in my opinion the game is more balanced now than it has ever been and the gap between SWF and solo has never been smaller.

    yea it on ps4 too but not in the game it self and it a form of cheating no matter how you cut it this game was never balanced for it just because voice chat is on steam or ps4 or whatever does not mean it built-in to the game.

    the game was balanced around solo play not swf on chat.

  • @DemoHarrington said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2025634#Comment_2025634

    Yeah i saw one time when i was survivor i was joined with red ranks with someone closer to my rank 9 versing a 13 lvl rank killer . Matchmaking is trash .

    Honestly I think there needs to be an icon or something stating to the killer whoever is in a party or SWF team, giving them the option to pass on it with that knowledge. Sure it will be harder to find matches but there’s always killers who will want to try and battle against a 4 man SWF team. I’m way too competitive and I’m not great at this game. So I know I’m just in for a rage inducing sweatfest and won’t really enjoy the match. Would prefer to not give myself any more of an ulcer lol

  • @NekoGamerX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2025600#Comment_2025600

    yea it on ps4 too but not in the game it self and it a form of cheating no matter how you cut it this game was never balanced for it just because voice chat is on steam or ps4 or whatever does not mean it built-in to the game.

    the game was balanced around solo play not swf on chat.

    A lot of the SWF team ive encountered are very well coordinated. They aren’t red ranks for nothing. If you are lower ranks using comms I’m not as harsh about it. Cause as you say, they aren’t effective at communicating yet and are new to the game. But when you have played enough to get good and get into red ranks and then on top of it you use comms. It’s like giving a grizzly bear a rocket launcher. It’s overkill and you are in for a bad time.

  • @Dizzy1096 said:

    Yes it’s fair. I can see why they dislike it but it’s fair. It’s their choice to broadcast their game to the world so you can’t blame others for watching. Afterall no streamer ever messaged me and said “hey mind if I broadcast you to the world?” They just do it regardless.

    I will extend an olive branch here and say stream sniping is ok in certain circumstances and games. Is stream sniping fair in games where it’s one V one? No. It is fair in this game where it’s 4 v 1 and you’re on comms with your team and I’m left in the dark? People this is a horror game. The killer is suppose to be a threat. Have you seen a horror movie where all the survivors know exactly where the killer is the whole movie so they just avoid the killer the whole movie and escape unharmed?

  • @Dragonshensi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2025483#Comment_2025483

    Cause while I don’t do it I don’t really see a problem with it. They are gaining an advantage outside the game with being on comms. If someone wants to stream snipe in this sense I honestly don’t see a problem with it.

    <shrugs> I've a big advocate of having Teams and Solo ques separate, so that the game can be balanced better for everyone involved. A 5th Perk Slot could be opened for Killers when they fight SWF. If that was enough to balance it, then they wouldn't have to keep trying to do it with Perks which has a poor track record. The SWF's 5th Perk (Comms) isn't something I really approve of either. Stream Sniping takes it to a whole new level. If you think Stream Sniping is ok, do you think a SWF using Comms with 1+ of them Stream Sniping the Killer is fine too?

    We all have to look at ourselves in the mirror. None of the people on this Forum or in the end game chat are anything more than nameless, faceless voices squawking on the internet. Winning a game (that they don't know you got unfair advantage in) means nothing. YOU will always know you only managed that win by going outside the game. It is ultimately ourselves we answer to, measure against, and seek to better. You wouldn't have asked the question if you didn't already know it was wrong.

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2025488#Comment_2025488

    <shrugs> I've a big advocate of having Teams and Solo ques separate, so that the game can be balanced better for everyone involved. A 5th Perk Slot could be opened for Killers when they fight SWF. If that was enough to balance it, then they wouldn't have to keep trying to do it with Perks which has a poor track record. The SWF's 5th Perk (Comms) isn't something I really approve of either. Stream Sniping takes it to a whole new level. If you think Stream Sniping is ok, do you think a SWF using Comms with 1+ of them Stream Sniping the Killer is fine too?

    We all have to look at ourselves in the mirror. None of the people on this Forum or in the end game chat are anything more than nameless, faceless voices squawking on the internet. Winning a game (that they don't know you got unfair advantage in) means nothing. YOU will always know you only managed that win by going outside the game. It is ultimately ourselves we answer to, measure against, and seek to better. You wouldn't have asked the question if you didn't already know it was wrong.

    Those are actually good suggestions that the devs will never do cause then survivors will complain about it being op. If a SWF team is also using a stream sniping for the killer as well I just shrug. They already update their team where the killer is constantly on the map. Now they just have a visual to go with it too. It’s not even that much of an overkill. Especially since there’s a 20 second delay for stream. Also I don’t think it’s wrong. I was just curious what other’s opinions on it are and I’m open to discussion.

  • I player killer a lot in my streams and have ttv in my name as well. You just know when its a SWF team and I just alter my play style a little bit. I treat DBD like a mind game. I've returned to DBD after not play for a year or so and have made it up to rank 6 in a few days. SWF teams i feel tend to go for unhooks more frequently. You gotta learn each persons playstyle quickly to adapt. Don't get me wrong. I get clapped by Red ranks SWF don't get me wrong. I just re-think about how the game went and how I could have improved. Such as tunnel to hard on someone in a shack who has mastered the loop. Yeah not worth my time. c ya

  • Stream sniping is not bannable, but it is unfair and really lame.

  • I will actually say i do this as well, when i see a ttv i will check out the stream mostly to check ranks. Im a rank 13ish killer as well so, if they majorly out rank me purple or red rank, i will leave it on not to listen to there comms because thats too distracting, i mostly ignore it, but specifically when im chasing the streamer i will listen, ive gotten some good tips about things i do wrong that way.

    Not all streamers save vods so you cant always watch it later and i dont wanna keep a list of who i played when to search for them. I also always pop into chat to talk to them unless they were super toxic.

    Also in a weird way i feel kinda justified as they are broadcasting my gameplay for profit so i feel that monitering what they say about me to however many people is kinda my business and I have dc'd and gave them crap for it if they are being too verbally abusive but thats only happened once or twice.

  • Stream sniping is not fair, and neither is SWF. Yes, it is a double standard.

  • If you don't want to be stream snipped don't have your stream name as your in game player name.

  • @kingcarl2012 said:

    I will actually say i do this as well, when i see a ttv i will check out the stream mostly to check ranks. Im a rank 13ish killer as well so, if they majorly out rank me purple or red rank, i will leave it on not to listen to there comms because thats too distracting, i mostly ignore it, but specifically when im chasing the streamer i will listen, ive gotten some good tips about things i do wrong that way.

    Not all streamers save vods so you cant always watch it later and i dont wanna keep a list of who i played when to search for them. I also always pop into chat to talk to them unless they were super toxic.

    Also in a weird way i feel kinda justified as they are broadcasting my gameplay for profit so i feel that monitering what they say about me to however many people is kinda my business and I have dc'd and gave them crap for it if they are being too verbally abusive but thats only happened once or twice.

    You understand

  • Pretty cringe ngl. I solo queue and stream and think that’s cringe to stream snipe. I always exit out of the streamers tab when I look pre game and we start loading in so I don’t have an unfair advantage.

  • It's cheating clear as day

  • @Dragonshensi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2025504#Comment_2025504

    I actually kinda agree with him there. I don’t think it’s a double standard. If you listen before the match starts and he’s not talking to anyone else from his team and he’s solo I just turn the volume down on my phone.

    If it was me I'd just look at there perks and destroy them if they lack ds as you know they do or don't have it. It's on them for streaming tunnel ftw

  • If you don't want to be sniped just set your stream to be on a delay or don't advertise you're a streamer via your gamertag/profile. It's like using OoO and getting mad at the killer for going after your aura when it's your fault he can see it.

  • @ClownIsUnderrated said:

    It's cheating clear as day

    If matchmaking was actually fair I'd maybe agree with you

  • @Dragonshensi said:

    Hear me out, anytime I play killer and I have twitch streamer in my lobby I check them out beforehand. See how they are acting on their stream. If they are obnoxious and being a jerk I don’t play that lobby. If they seem nice and whatnot I’ll drop a comment saying let’s have fun and this is the killer here. What I find laughable is one time after I dropped that comment before a match the streamer said “don’t stream snipe now!” Even though she was in a 4 man SWF team on comms. I wasn’t thinking about doing that. True I leave the stream on while playing on my PS4 but only to listen to their comments and reactions to me as killer. I’m not watching where they are going. Just find it funny that they had no problem being on a 4 man SWF team and were constantly updating their team on where I was and what I was doing but me stream sniping is going too far? It seems like a double standard.

    Its totally fair. audio coms is not balanced into the game it was never meant to be in the game. If swf want to cheat by using external audio coms and a killer is listening in that's on them.

  • It's not fair.

    At all.

    Furthermore, the comparison to SWF is not particularly valid. Their team is talking to each other. Okay. If you want the same benefit, talk to yourself. They only have access to intel available to their team, you should only have access to intel available to yours.

    That said, advertising their ttv in their name IS KINDA INVITING IT, as well as inviting any other bad actors that want to get them flagged by ruining their chat. I have a friend that checks out ttv names in my lobbies, just to see what they are saying. Not what they are doing, not where they are hiding, just to let me know if they are being kind, sandbagging their team, or talking trash in general. If they are kind, I will treat them like all other Survivors. If he tells me they are sandbagging or trash talking, they get tunneled. Not camped, though, I need SOMETHING to do other than stare at a hook.

  • @Dragonshensi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2025427#Comment_2025427

    But it’s fair for them to constantly update their team where I’m at 24/7 in the match? But it’s a no no if I do it? Rules for me but not for thee? I don’t watch their screen when they stream. I just listen to what they are saying about me and such. Just out of curiousity.

    I mean a full SWF that are actually trying to go for win streaks or destroy killers usually have a OoO, if not all of them will have it, coupled with the information they get from an external source.

    It's not fair for the killer to see their side, and it's not fair for the survivor to see the killers side, but there's no getting around comms.

    At the end of the day, most streamers run soloQ or have a SWF because they're just playing with viewers/friends. I believe that those are the circumstances 99% of the time, because I also do this.

    Also, stream-sniping is such a big issue for bigger streamers that smaller streamers just assume they'll go for it as well. Usually killers will only do it to see what perks you have, but I've had times where I've literally watched the killer stand still, only to turn around a few seconds later coming right towards me.

    Small streamers are just trying to have fun and even though sometimes they can be obnoxious, who isn't obnoxious when they're playing a game Infront of an audience? You want to prove to your audience that you're either good at a game or entertaining, and that's what they watch for. (Audience could be you playing a game Infront of your friends for example, you want to show them you're good at the game you're playing, same thing applies to streaming I think).

    All I would say to the OP though is that you shouldn't ever take a streamers words to heart because most of the time they just assume the worst, I mean you literally have a free means of info on your hands. Some streamers stream DBD for literally 12 hours 7 days a week, so it would make sense that they have run into a few nasty, horrible players here and there (Talking from my own experience).

    Personally, I always just try to have a fair game. I'm pretty knowledgeable about the game and never really get mad or frustrated with anyone unless they are or I believe they are playing unfairly.

  • Love people saying that stream sniping gives advantage, but coms don't. Also want to point out, TOS specifically addresses stream sniping as something that is not bannable.

  • @AsherFrost said:

    A lot of people seem to fail to realize there is a delay. As in, even if the OP was trying to use the stream to gain intel, his intel would be between 2-5 minutes behind, which for a game like this makes it essentially useless. Probably funny as hell though to hook someone and then hear on the stream "he's coming, but won't get me".

    So yeah, I say it's pretty fair. More to the point, the mods have already confirmed it is not something that is considered reportable behavior. (Probably because they too, understand that there is a significant delay that makes any perceived advantage moot, or just because proving it would be very difficult)

    Bro do you really think there is a 2-5 minute delay in streams? Lmao.

  • @Dizzy1096 said:

    Yes it’s fair. I can see why they dislike it but it’s fair. It’s their choice to broadcast their game to the world so you can’t blame others for watching. Afterall no streamer ever messaged me and said “hey mind if I broadcast you to the world?” They just do it regardless.

    Are you ok? Survivors don't know who the killer is, even if they wanted to they couldn't, and if you're a killer and see ttv you could make the choice not to be "broadcasted to the world" by dodging.

  • @Tricks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/235134/is-stream-sniping-fair

    Its totally fair. audio coms is not balanced into the game it was never meant to be in the game. If swf want to cheat by using external audio coms and a killer is listening in that's on them.

    Yet killers still snipe solo players so what's the excuse there?

  • If you put TTV in your name and then complain about stream sniping you really aren't that smart.

  • A team abusing VC is the same as a streamsniper. Personally, I love my swf group because we all automatically use info perks to get our info and only occasionally call stuff out. But the ones that use comms as a replacement and basically get knock-off Kindred/Bond/Aftercare/Empathy/Visionary/Alert instead of playing the game and shooting the shite with their friends is the same as someone streamsniping.

    Edit: that being said, the game could very easily be rebalanced around survivors having info (basekit info perks) and remove the biggest issue with SWF. The same can't be said about streamsniping.

  • In this thread: killers try to justify cheating by any means necessary

  • After reading pretty much the entire thread, I actually have some other points I'd like to make out too.

    Growing up I used to play Halo with my brother, and back then all we had was splitscreen. One console. This meant you could screen-watch, thereby cheating to gain an advantage (In this case, knowing my brother's location).

    Now, when you say SWF is cheating, you're essentially saying all team based games that have ever existed where you have Comms, are cheating. That's not the case.

    In Halo multiplayer, there is team chat. We all used to play MW or MW2 (the ogs) and talk to our friends through Xbox Live Comms rather than the games Comms if we were playing with friends, whereas the in-game Comms is exactly the same as Post-chat in dbd essentially.

    How can you sit there, and say that talking to your friends, talking to people and giving them info(where they have no actual visual representation of what's happening) is cheating?

    Screen-watching IS cheating, Comms are not cheating. The same applies to streamers and DBD. Sure it's public, but it's not fair, it's literally getting info where you're not supposed to have it. SWF are allowed to have it, that's why it's built into the game.

    As the OP is only a rank 13 killer as they stated in a previous comment, it is fair to assume you've probably never made it to Red ranks, thus you really can't complain about SWF. I'm sorry, but you've seen nothing if you're complaining about brown rank SWF.

    Unless you're at red ranks, there is no way in hell any SWF is cheating (which they're not doing anyway). Red ranks against a Hag where the entire team can see you set your traps for a three gen, only to run over and instantly set the traps off really screws with that hag player. It's awful to feel, but it's built into the game, which is why I'm excited for the Object of Obsession nerf that the Devs proposed. It means that Trapper and Hag will probably be at the ranks of Freddy, Spirit or Cannibal to say a few.

    TL:DR, Stream sniping is cheating, SWF is not.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2025635#Comment_2025635

    Are you ok? Survivors don't know who the killer is, even if they wanted to they couldn't, and if you're a killer and see ttv you could make the choice not to be "broadcasted to the world" by dodging.

    They see the killer after the game and give plenty of salt or smack talk, and some survivors don't put ttv in their name. Not to mention you don't know if the killer is a streamer.

    I'm quite a private person and if given the option I'd opt-out of being streamed. It is what it is though, I just think there's a real hypocrisy to cry about being stream sniped whilst recording other people, broadcasting them to the world and profiting off them. Seems entitled.

  • @Dizzy1096 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2026815#Comment_2026815

    They see the killer after the game and give plenty of salt or smack talk, and some survivors don't put ttv in their name. Not to mention you don't know if the killer is a streamer.

    I'm quite a private person and if given the option I'd opt-out of being streamed. It is what it is though, I just think there's a real hypocrisy to cry about being stream sniped whilst recording other people, broadcasting them to the world and profiting off them. Seems entitled.

    I dont think you understand what hypocrisy means if you thinks it's hyprocitic to want someone not to cheat at a game to win and expecting "privacy" because your 3D model is in a game 😂

  • the Devs ABSOLUTELY discourage tunneling, slugging, camping, the whole ordeal. They literally have designed perks to stop killers from doing these things.

    Here, let me name a few for you:

    Tunneling - Borrowed Time, Decisive Strike

    Slugging - Unbreakable, Soul Guard, No Mither, Tenacity, WGLF, practically any healing perk

    Proxy Camping/Face camping - Kindred, Dark Sense, Object of Obsession

    I mean the list could go on, there's way more perks that try to counter these gameplay styles.

    Do I also need to bring up the fact that you get less points and pips if you tunnel, slug, camp etc? It's not bannable because it's built into the game, but it doesn't mean they don't discourage it.

    "The respect you give to other is the respect you will receive", same thing applies to DBD, unless their cynical and don't care about how other players feel.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2026828#Comment_2026828

    I dont think you understand what hypocrisy means if you thinks it's hyprocitic to want someone not to cheat at a game to win and expecting "privacy" because your 3D model is in a game 😂

    How is it cheating? when you stream you're sharing your screen with the world. If we were playing LAN and I turned my screen towards you and shouted "look! look! look everyone! look at me play!" and then you just happened to use that information, would it be your fault or mine?

  • @Dragonshensi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2025561#Comment_2025561

    agree to disagree then. Especially when the devs clearly favor survivors. Part of the charm of playing killer is you don’t know where he is at the time. Is he coming your way? Or is he chasing your friends? Like an actual horror movie. Well now with comms this horror movie has turned into a comedy.

    Oh man you have a lot of comments that everyone disagrees with. Do you ever just stop and think that maybe you are the one that's in the wrong, whether you 'agree' with it or not?

    The Devs don't favour either side. They're actively trying to make the game more balanced. They could listen to the community more for sure, but couldn't all game devs? At the end of the day, it's their game.

    They're not survivor sided though, that's just a preposterous thought to have.

  • @Dizzy1096 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2026839#Comment_2026839

    How is it cheating? when you stream you're sharing your screen with the world. If we were playing LAN and I turned my screen towards you and shouted "look! look! look everyone! look at me play!" and then you just happened to use that information, would it be your fault or mine?

    It's crazy to me that this is how you try to justify it, it's not cheating because it's there to watch? Lmao this community expects streamers to be nice as we've seen from the threads the past couple of days but will then jump at the chance to kill them immediately because they have ttv in their name, now that's being a hypocrit.


    Such an embarrassment.

  • @Dragonshensi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2025579#Comment_2025579

    That’s what I have been trying to say this entire post but people don’t care cause I still listen to it.

    Why don't you explain it better then? Lmao.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2026845#Comment_2026845

    It's crazy to me that this is how you try to justify it, it's not cheating because it's there to watch? Lmao this community expects streamers to be nice as we've seen from the threads the past couple of days but will then jump at the chance to kill them immediately because they have ttv in their name, now that's being a hypocrit.

    Such an embarrassment.

    Its not cheating because the person streaming is choosing to broadcast their game to the world. I don't want people looking at my screen therefore I don't broadcast it.

    I mean really it doesn't take a genius to work out that if you choose to show people what's happening on your screen some people might take advantage.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2025549#Comment_2025549

    For example, I play on PC. I bought the game on Steam and I open up Steam every time I want to launch the game. Steam has voice chat capabilities built right in. I'm not as knowledgeable about consoles, but I would be very surprised if PlayStation or Xbox don't have a built-in way to chat with friends. Expecting people not to use these tools while playing a game that lets you party up with your friends is simply not realistic.

    The ceiling of SWF is much higher than solo, but in practice it's usually not a big difference. SWFs are usually overly altruistic for party members, leading to some bad plays like risky save attempts, but not altruistic enough for the randos they're paired with, leading to other bad plays, like letting them struggle or die on hook. Many SWFs also don't have the game knowledge to communicate effectively, and many others straight up just don't talk about the game much. A couple of my friends like talking about other things because they feel any callouts hurt their immersion, for example. While solos are usually going to pick perks to help them survive, SWFs are also more likely to meme around with their builds. My buddies and I will all run No Mither, or all run Pebble, or random things like that just for the fun of it, whereas solos usually have less of an incentive to branch out and more of an incentive to run meta/detection perks.

    Please justify how this game wasn't balanced around voice chat and SWF. SWF was released in version 1.0.3, which is early enough that SWF was probably on their radar as a feature they wanted to add. Regardless, let's remember the state of balance the game was in when SWF was added. BNPs would literally insta-complete full generators until version 1.5.3. Most maps had literal infinites and substantially more pallets, including a number of double pallet loops. Exhaustion recovered while sprinting. Bloodlust wasn't even added until 1.5.0... this game was ridiculously survivor sided at launch. They've had more than four years since then to actually balance the game and it has come a long way. There are still plenty of things to work on, but in my opinion the game is more balanced now than it has ever been and the gap between SWF and solo has never been smaller.

    Amen brother, DAMN.

  • @Dizzy1096 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2026852#Comment_2026852

    Its not cheating because the person streaming is choosing to broadcast their game to the world. I don't want people looking at my screen therefore I don't broadcast it.

    I mean really it doesn't take a genius to work out that if you choose to show people what's happening on your screen some people might take advantage.

    "Take advantage" so you literally just agreed it's doing something to gain an advantage you otherwise wouldn't have which is cheating.


    gg

  • Ah, see, with this post you proved why you posted it in the first place, because you hate that streamers potentially have a SWF and you can get an advantage over them.

    You also said you dip a match if the streamer has a SWF, but also defend stream sniping and say it's fair?

    Literally you keep contradicting yourself in this post, when all you really need to say is that you're a sore loser and feel the need to gain every advantage everywhere you can because you're scared of, what, losing a video game? Kinda slimey.

  • @ttvbardberd said:

    After reading pretty much the entire thread, I actually have some other points I'd like to make out too.

    Growing up I used to play Halo with my brother, and back then all we had was splitscreen. One console. This meant you could screen-watch, thereby cheating to gain an advantage (In this case, knowing my brother's location).

    Now, when you say SWF is cheating, you're essentially saying all team based games that have ever existed where you have Comms, are cheating. That's not the case.

    In Halo multiplayer, there is team chat. We all used to play MW or MW2 (the ogs) and talk to our friends through Xbox Live Comms rather than the games Comms if we were playing with friends, whereas the in-game Comms is exactly the same as Post-chat in dbd essentially.

    How can you sit there, and say that talking to your friends, talking to people and giving them info(where they have no actual visual representation of what's happening) is cheating?

    Screen-watching IS cheating, Comms are not cheating. The same applies to streamers and DBD. Sure it's public, but it's not fair, it's literally getting info where you're not supposed to have it. SWF are allowed to have it, that's why it's built into the game.

    As the OP is only a rank 13 killer as they stated in a previous comment, it is fair to assume you've probably never made it to Red ranks, thus you really can't complain about SWF. I'm sorry, but you've seen nothing if you're complaining about brown rank SWF.

    Unless you're at red ranks, there is no way in hell any SWF is cheating (which they're not doing anyway). Red ranks against a Hag where the entire team can see you set your traps for a three gen, only to run over and instantly set the traps off really screws with that hag player. It's awful to feel, but it's built into the game, which is why I'm excited for the Object of Obsession nerf that the Devs proposed. It means that Trapper and Hag will probably be at the ranks of Freddy, Spirit or Cannibal to say a few.

    TL:DR, Stream sniping is cheating, SWF is not.

    I just want to address one point you made where you go into rank. There is a major flaw in your reasoning because low rank killers do get put in matches with red rank survivors. In a world with fair and even matchmaking your point would hold weight, but the matchmaking isnt fair or even, it screws people over all the time going both ways.

  • @Pulsar said:

    If they've got TTV in their name, I imagine they like the attention.

    No. Having TTV in your name is a form of promotion. But that's also not what this post is discussing.

    I've only been streaming since October and I've built a pretty great community, and I don't use social media, so having TTV in your name genuinely, does help and is definitely beneficial.

1 2 3 4