Is Stream Sniping Fair?

Hear me out, anytime I play killer and I have twitch streamer in my lobby I check them out beforehand. See how they are acting on their stream. If they are obnoxious and being a jerk I don’t play that lobby. If they seem nice and whatnot I’ll drop a comment saying let’s have fun and this is the killer here. What I find laughable is one time after I dropped that comment before a match the streamer said “don’t stream snipe now!” Even though she was in a 4 man SWF team on comms. I wasn’t thinking about doing that. True I leave the stream on while playing on my PS4 but only to listen to their comments and reactions to me as killer. I’m not watching where they are going. Just find it funny that they had no problem being on a 4 man SWF team and were constantly updating their team on where I was and what I was doing but me stream sniping is going too far? It seems like a double standard.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @ttvbardberd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2025603#Comment_2025603

    No. Having TTV in your name is a form of promotion. But that's also not what this post is discussing.

    I've only been streaming since October and I've built a pretty great community, and I don't use social media, so having TTV in your name genuinely, does help and is definitely beneficial.

    If they've got the stream, they get the beam.

  • If I see a survivor with TTV when Im playing Killer. I will get into their stream, say "hi, im the Killer, glhf"

    Then I pause their stream and play a normal game.

  • @Dragonshensi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2025693#Comment_2025693

    Those are actually good suggestions that the devs will never do cause then survivors will complain about it being op. If a SWF team is also using a stream sniping for the killer as well I just shrug. They already update their team where the killer is constantly on the map. Now they just have a visual to go with it too. It’s not even that much of an overkill. Especially since there’s a 20 second delay for stream. Also I don’t think it’s wrong. I was just curious what other’s opinions on it are and I’m open to discussion.

    It would be both sides complaining, not just survivors. Damn do you ever actually play survivor? You need to out an equal amount of hours into both sides before spewing nonsense about a topic you don't have the knowledge to argue against.

    I'm a survivor and killer main, and you have to start looking at things from both sides my man.

  • @kingcarl2012 said:

    I will actually say i do this as well, when i see a ttv i will check out the stream mostly to check ranks. Im a rank 13ish killer as well so, if they majorly out rank me purple or red rank, i will leave it on not to listen to there comms because thats too distracting, i mostly ignore it, but specifically when im chasing the streamer i will listen, ive gotten some good tips about things i do wrong that way.

    Not all streamers save vods so you cant always watch it later and i dont wanna keep a list of who i played when to search for them. I also always pop into chat to talk to them unless they were super toxic.

    Also in a weird way i feel kinda justified as they are broadcasting my gameplay for profit so i feel that monitering what they say about me to however many people is kinda my business and I have dc'd and gave them crap for it if they are being too verbally abusive but thats only happened once or twice.

    9/10 small streamers don't make profit out of streaming, so to use that as an excuse to play unfairly isn't really a justification for doing so.

  • I mean if that's what it takes for you to win... says a lot about you. If I see a ttv in a player's name - I will go to their stream after a match and give them a gg (if I feel they merit it) - and depending on their gameplay I may give them a follow.

    As a ttv player - I have killers/survivors who come in before and after a match. Most of my interactions with other players is positive, but there is the occasional bad interaction. I probably get a stream sniper once every few weeks or so, but I just ban them as I personally think it's cheating and gives the sniper an unfair advantage.

  • You're only cheating if you're using the stream to track the survivors' locations. Other than that if you're just trying to say hi to a streamer with their ttv in their username then that's not stream sniping. In your case it's 100% fine, you're not stream sniping at all, you're just trying to have fun!

  • @kingcarl2012 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2026827#Comment_2026827

    I just want to address one point you made where you go into rank. There is a major flaw in your reasoning because low rank killers do get put in matches with red rank survivors. In a world with fair and even matchmaking your point would hold weight, but the matchmaking isnt fair or even, it screws people over all the time going both ways.

    Right but the matchmaking isn't fair because they're still trying to figure out if it works. It isn't a flaw with what I said but the game itself.

    The Devs have got rid of and reintroduced better matchmaking a dozen of times, and it's not the best, but it'll get better.

    And saying "in a world with fair matchmaking", the reason you get out with red ranks at the rank you are is mostly because the game is trying to balance a SWF where one is a red rank, and the others are lower. So yes it needs be fixed, but there is no easy way to fix it.

  • @C3Tooth said:

    If I see a survivor with TTV when Im playing Killer. I will get into their stream, say "hi, im the Killer, glhf"

    Then I pause their stream and play a normal game.

    And that's the fair way to do it. Amen my son.

  • @ttvbardberd said:

    After reading pretty much the entire thread, I actually have some other points I'd like to make out too.

    Growing up I used to play Halo with my brother, and back then all we had was splitscreen. One console. This meant you could screen-watch, thereby cheating to gain an advantage (In this case, knowing my brother's location).

    Now, when you say SWF is cheating, you're essentially saying all team based games that have ever existed where you have Comms, are cheating. That's not the case.

    In Halo multiplayer, there is team chat. We all used to play MW or MW2 (the ogs) and talk to our friends through Xbox Live Comms rather than the games Comms if we were playing with friends, whereas the in-game Comms is exactly the same as Post-chat in dbd essentially.

    How can you sit there, and say that talking to your friends, talking to people and giving them info(where they have no actual visual representation of what's happening) is cheating?

    Screen-watching IS cheating, Comms are not cheating. The same applies to streamers and DBD. Sure it's public, but it's not fair, it's literally getting info where you're not supposed to have it. SWF are allowed to have it, that's why it's built into the game.

    As the OP is only a rank 13 killer as they stated in a previous comment, it is fair to assume you've probably never made it to Red ranks, thus you really can't complain about SWF. I'm sorry, but you've seen nothing if you're complaining about brown rank SWF.

    Unless you're at red ranks, there is no way in hell any SWF is cheating (which they're not doing anyway). Red ranks against a Hag where the entire team can see you set your traps for a three gen, only to run over and instantly set the traps off really screws with that hag player. It's awful to feel, but it's built into the game, which is why I'm excited for the Object of Obsession nerf that the Devs proposed. It means that Trapper and Hag will probably be at the ranks of Freddy, Spirit or Cannibal to say a few.

    TL:DR, Stream sniping is cheating, SWF is not.

    Due to the matchmaking I as a rank 13 killer have constantly gotten multiple matches with red rank SWF teams. So I know the pain.

  • If you beam the stream, you are the meme. (Aka, the butt of the joke)

  • @ttvbardberd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2026871#Comment_2026871

    If you beam the stream, you are the meme. (Aka, the butt of the joke)

    If I am the meme for beaming the stream, then you are the bean for meme'ing my beam.

  • @Dragonshensi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2026827#Comment_2026827

    Due to the matchmaking I as a rank 13 killer have constantly gotten multiple matches with red rank SWF teams. So I know the pain.

    But the matchmaking has nothing to do with whether it's fair or not to stream snipe. The matchmaking is something BHVR are actually trying to fix to improve everyone's experience. Also as I stated in another comment, the reason you get put with red ranks at the rank you are is mostly because the game is trying to balance a SWF where one is a red rank, and the others are lower. So yes it needs be fixed, but there is no easy way to fix it.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2026895#Comment_2026895

    If I am the meme for beaming the stream, then you are the bean for meme'ing my beam.

    Okay that was pretty good I have no come back, take my Vote up.

  • @ttvbardberd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2025705#Comment_2025705

    It would be both sides complaining, not just survivors. Damn do you ever actually play survivor? You need to out an equal amount of hours into both sides before spewing nonsense about a topic you don't have the knowledge to argue against.

    I'm a survivor and killer main, and you have to start looking at things from both sides my man.

    I’m a rank 7 survivor. So yes I play survivor.

  • @ttvbardberd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2026893#Comment_2026893

    But the matchmaking has nothing to do with whether it's fair or not to stream snipe. The matchmaking is something BHVR are actually trying to fix to improve everyone's experience. Also as I stated in another comment, the reason you get put with red ranks at the rank you are is mostly because the game is trying to balance a SWF where one is a red rank, and the others are lower. So yes it needs be fixed, but there is no easy way to fix it.

    Uh no. Every SWF team I’ve encountered is 3 red ranks and maybe one purple while I’m 13. So it’s not fair in the least. Then they are on comms the whole match and are being toxic the entire match.

  • @Dragonshensi said:

    Hear me out, anytime I play killer and I have twitch streamer in my lobby I check them out beforehand. See how they are acting on their stream. If they are obnoxious and being a jerk I don’t play that lobby. If they seem nice and whatnot I’ll drop a comment saying let’s have fun and this is the killer here. What I find laughable is one time after I dropped that comment before a match the streamer said “don’t stream snipe now!” Even though she was in a 4 man SWF team on comms. I wasn’t thinking about doing that. True I leave the stream on while playing on my PS4 but only to listen to their comments and reactions to me as killer. I’m not watching where they are going. Just find it funny that they had no problem being on a 4 man SWF team and were constantly updating their team on where I was and what I was doing but me stream sniping is going too far? It seems like a double standard.

    Short answer, no, long answer maybe if, you aren't seeing their perspective so you can actually take the shot when stream sniping

  • Well I'm sorry to flex but, I got both rank 1 on both killer and survivor within the first 70 hours of the game and I've been playing for nearly a year now, and I've never stream sniped anyone. If I play against a streamer and they're better than me, I take the L. If I play against a streamer and I'm better than them, they take the L.

    And being a purple rank, you have absolutely been in a game with a lower rank killer and probably smashed them at least once, and I will go out on a limb and assume you've also had that same experience with a SWF right? So the matchmaking is definitely an issue, but it's a completely different topic to the current one we're all discussing.

  • I don’t even watch the stream while playing just leave it up to hear their comments. Even then their comments don’t help me out in the least cause there is always a 20 second or longer delay. I’m gaining no advantage at all. For example I can down and hook the person and be chasing someone else, 20 seconds or so later on the stream I’ll hear their player scream and be hooked with the streamer yelling I got hooked. So what advantage is there to that?

  • @kyogul said:

    No what you did wasn't fair since you intentionally left it up and could hear everything they were saying. Doesn't matter if you couldn't see, you still had access to information you otherwise wouldn't have had because you sniped their stream.

    It doesn't even matter if you won either

    It sounds like he was listening for entertainment value. On that note... If they're such a sweaty swf that their commentary is more coordinated than entertaining, then they shouldn't add .ttv to their name. Stream sniping isn't really lucrative due to delay unless you're against a super sweaty call-out every move team. If you are, then THEY made a mistake by announcing that they're live streaming via their name to the killer.

  • If voice chat is allowed, then stream sniping is too.

    You cant cheat with technology and then be mad when someone cheats back.

    End of discussion.

  • @ttvbardberd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2026893#Comment_2026893

    But the matchmaking has nothing to do with whether it's fair or not to stream snipe. The matchmaking is something BHVR are actually trying to fix to improve everyone's experience. Also as I stated in another comment, the reason you get put with red ranks at the rank you are is mostly because the game is trying to balance a SWF where one is a red rank, and the others are lower. So yes it needs be fixed, but there is no easy way to fix it.

    That does not explain a rank 13-15 killer against 3-4 red rank survivors or purple for that matter or why a rank 1 killer will go against groups of purple/green ranks

  • @Dragonshensi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2026899#Comment_2026899

    Uh no. Every SWF team I’ve encountered is 3 red ranks and maybe one purple while I’m 13. So it’s not fair in the least. Then they are on comms the whole match and are being toxic the entire match.

    Okay but you're now talking about a matchmaking issue, which everyone can agree on. That still doesn't make it fair to stream snipe a streamer with friends just because they're a streamer. You can do it, sure, but it's cheating.

    And by all means, cheat in your video game, no one is gonna stop you, but when you don't acknowledge it, that's what is slimey. You also don't need to do it to win again, and honestly it's more hassle than it's worth, it's literally not an efficient way to play dbd.

    Lastly, me and my girlfriend play this game all the time, and she's always between Rank 9-6. I'm always at a rank 1. When I play SWF, the games always vary, so I don't believe you when you say that you always go against red rank SWF at rank 13. It's just statistically not possible for every SWF to be red ranks.

  • @Ecstasy said:

    If voice chat is allowed, then stream sniping is too.

    You cant cheat with technology and then be mad when someone cheats back.

    End of discussion.

    "end of discussion" lmao yea stream sniping those killers to equip perks that counter what they use, heckin voice chatting killer mains.

    this forum is hilarious.

  • @kingcarl2012 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2026899#Comment_2026899

    That does not explain a rank 13-15 killer against 3-4 red rank survivors or purple for that matter or why a rank 1 killer will go against groups of purple/green ranks

    That literally is the explanation for why a brown rank would be put with a red rank.

    The ONLY two ways it can happen are if you're extremely unlucky, or the more common reason is because at least two people are a SWF and one of them is incredibly higher than the other player they're teamed with.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2026915#Comment_2026915

    "end of discussion" lmao yea stream sniping those killers to equip perks that counter what they use, heckin voice chatting killer mains.

    this forum is hilarious.

    That's not even an argument.

    I normally make incredibly detailed posts that go through all the issues there are to consider.


    There aren't any considerations here. You can't be cool with using voice-coms in this game if you've got a problem with someone stream sniping. It's hypocritical beyond belief.

    End of discussion. Anything left is people being pissed that their own disregard for fair play is thrown back at them.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2026857#Comment_2026857

    "Take advantage" so you literally just agreed it's doing something to gain an advantage you otherwise wouldn't have which is cheating.

    gg

    Its not like people are wallhacking or pulling out unlimited instaheals 🤣

    Once more it is YOUR CHOICE to broadcast the game. They can only see your pov if you let them. If you dont like it you dont broadcast. You have to take the good with the bad.

    Meanwhile I’ve had streamers talk crap about me, lie about me, all of this without my consent. I have zero sympathy for some entitled streamers.

  • @Dizzy1096 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2026861#Comment_2026861

    Its not like people are wallhacking or pulling out unlimited instaheals 🤣

    Once more it is YOUR CHOICE to broadcast the game. They can only see your pov if you let them. If you dont like it you dont broadcast. You have to take the good with the bad.

    Meanwhile I’ve had streamers talk crap about me, lie about me, all of this without my consent. I have zero sympathy for some entitled streamers.

    "Not like someone is wallhacking"

    Whats the difference between knowing exactly where a survivor is with a 2 seconds delay and wall hacks exactly? They're almost identical in the advantage they give you.


    oh no, one streamer said a bad thing about me, time to cheat against every streamer i see, very mature.

  • @Dizzy1096 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2026861#Comment_2026861

    Its not like people are wallhacking or pulling out unlimited instaheals 🤣

    Once more it is YOUR CHOICE to broadcast the game. They can only see your pov if you let them. If you dont like it you dont broadcast. You have to take the good with the bad.

    Meanwhile I’ve had streamers talk crap about me, lie about me, all of this without my consent. I have zero sympathy for some entitled streamers.

    You guys are having a discussion more about whether the streamer your up against cries about it, when that isn't really what the topic is about.

    You can stream snipe as much as you want, no one is going to stop you, and yes you're absolutely right about it being broadcast to the ENTIRE WORLD (big of an exaggeration but oh well)

    It is still cheating though. It's not bannable, sure, but it's cheating. SWF is not cheating, as it's a built in game mechanic. Pulling someone's stream open isn't.

    The problem is the people not acknowledging that it's cheating.

    Tournaments get broadcasted, but you don't see the players opening the actual stream to get advantage do you? Like this entire argument doesn't make any sense.

  • @Dragonshensi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2025579#Comment_2025579

    That’s what I have been trying to say this entire post but people don’t care cause I still listen to it.

    They refuse to acknowledge the delay logic because it's one more thing they can call you trash for doing instead of admitting or even realizing they made bad plays... That's why it's an ever-changing list if killer rules. Survivors just change acceptable win conditions instead of getting better.

  • No, but I mean if you broadcast your game and are dumb enough to put a link or name of your twitch in your name you are kinda inviting it.


    I will often check out people's streams just to see if they are live or not, I dodge if they are live I don't like being on streams if I can help it. I wish I could dodge killer streams but it's impossible, which is rather annoying.

  • @ttvbardberd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2026916#Comment_2026916

    That literally is the explanation for why a brown rank would be put with a red rank.

    The ONLY two ways it can happen are if you're extremely unlucky, or the more common reason is because at least two people are a SWF and one of them is incredibly higher than the other player they're teamed with.

    No it happens because there is an abundance of survivors over killers so in order to have actual fair matchmaking it would make queue times worse than than what they already are. The game favours having lower queue times over fair matchmaking. I would say that 75-90% of my matches depending on time of day dont have any yellow or brown ranked players, thats way higher than "bad luck".

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2026925#Comment_2026925

    "Not like someone is wallhacking"

    Whats the difference between knowing exactly where a survivor is with a 2 seconds delay and wall hacks exactly? They're almost identical in the advantage they give you.

    oh no, one streamer said a bad thing about me, time to cheat against every streamer i see, very mature.

    Well one is downloading and installing actual cheats for an advantage.

    The other is just watching a game someone has decided to broadcast to the world.

    If you think they’re even remotely the same I don’t know what to say to you. I take it you stream? Because this sounds like you have a real investment in the argument

    For what its worth I dont actually stream snipe. I dont see the point, might help find a location at the very start but once the game is on I feel like taking my attention off it would only hurt me. Besides I tend to try and avoid streamers if I can since as I mentioned above I’m a private person.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2026925#Comment_2026925

    "Not like someone is wallhacking"

    Whats the difference between knowing exactly where a survivor is with a 2 seconds delay and wall hacks exactly? They're almost identical in the advantage they give you.

    oh no, one streamer said a bad thing about me, time to cheat against every streamer i see, very mature.

    It sucks that just because someone had one bad experience with a a certain person means that they will treat all people from that particular group with aggression and unfairness.

    Sounds similar to something from the history books I learnt about in school🤔

  • @ttvbardberd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2026929#Comment_2026929

    It sucks that just because someone had one bad experience with a a certain person means that they will treat all people from that particular group with aggression and unfairness.

    Sounds similar to something from the history books I learnt about in school🤔

    It's the dbd way dude, just the other day there was a thread about a survivor streamer being "toxic" because they said dumb ass as a deathslinger missed shots who then wiffed 100 M1s and DCd and everyone being like "why aren't streamers nice they're so toxic" and then we have a thread today about why cheating against streamers is ok and it's basiclaly come back to the jaded killer mains who are upset that people have friends to talk to while queued up in their team game mode, really sad to see honestly.

  • @kingcarl2012 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2026923#Comment_2026923

    No it happens because there is an abundance of survivors over killers so in order to have actual fair matchmaking it would make queue times worse than than what they already are. The game favours having lower queue times over fair matchmaking. I would say that 75-90% of my matches depending on time of day dont have any yellow or brown ranked players, thats way higher than "bad luck".

    I know my experiences don't count for everyone's experiences, but this has never, ever been the case for me.

    But you can't really blame me, seeing as "matchmaking is broken", lol.

  • @ttvbardberd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2026929#Comment_2026929

    It sucks that just because someone had one bad experience with a a certain person means that they will treat all people from that particular group with aggression and unfairness.

    Sounds similar to something from the history books I learnt about in school🤔

    Oh lord you seriously did not just make that comparison. Please tell me you didnt.

  • @ttvbardberd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2026929#Comment_2026929

    It sucks that just because someone had one bad experience with a a certain person means that they will treat all people from that particular group with aggression and unfairness.

    Sounds similar to something from the history books I learnt about in school🤔

    Firstly where did I say I treat twitch streamers bad? All I’m sayng is that you cant broadcast your game to the world, broadcast other people without their consent, and then cry for bans if someone playing against you dares to look at your stream

    Secondly are you....are you comparing me to Hitler? Because I said stream sniping isn’t cheating? Are you actually serious? You ttv people are delusional.

    Let me make it clear one more time. If you don’t want people looking at your gameplay then stop streaming. Why should someone be banned from the game just for watching a broadcast you have chosen to share with the world? Get over yourselves.

  • @Dizzy1096 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2026929#Comment_2026929

    Well one is downloading and installing actual cheats for an advantage.

    The other is just watching a game someone has decided to broadcast to the world.

    If you think they’re even remotely the same I don’t know what to say to you. I take it you stream? Because this sounds like you have a real investment in the argument

    For what its worth I dont actually stream snipe. I dont see the point, might help find a location at the very start but once the game is on I feel like taking my attention off it would only hurt me. Besides I tend to try and avoid streamers if I can since as I mentioned above I’m a private person.

    I think the point they were making is that in both scenarios, you're opening an external source in order to have an advantage in the game.

    You can't argue the same thing about Comms, as steam, Xbox and PSN all have their own built in voice-chat mechanics. Using something like Discord is just an extension of that.

  • @PanicSquid said:

    No, its not fair. As a killer main I argue: you shouldn't have access to the information that could be gained by just listening to the swf talk to each other.

    Is it bannable? Maybe, I don't know.

    By advertising your twitch to me, you're giving access to that information. It's the streamer's own fault

  • @Dragonshensi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2026940#Comment_2026940

    Oh lord you seriously did not just make that comparison. Please tell me you didnt.

    Is that not a fair comparison to make? I mean it's definitely a bit of a jump, but the premise is the same.

    Hating a group of people (streamers) based on bad experiences a player had with one of them is to an extremely less extent the same thing.

  • @ttvbardberd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2026945#Comment_2026945

    Is that not a fair comparison to make? I mean it's definitely a bit of a jump, but the premise is the same.

    Hating a group of people (streamers) based on bad experiences a player had with one of them is to an extremely less extent the same thing.

    Oh my lord you’re serious. Holy crap. You’re delusional

  • @Dizzy1096 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2026940#Comment_2026940

    Firstly where did I say I treat twitch streamers bad? All I’m sayng is that you cant broadcast your game to the world, broadcast other people without their consent, and then cry for bans if someone playing against you dares to look at your stream

    Secondly are you....are you comparing me to Hitler? Because I said stream sniping isn’t cheating? Are you actually serious? You ttv people are delusional.

    Let me make it clear one more time. If you don’t want people looking at your gameplay then stop streaming. Why should someone be banned from the game just for watching a broadcast you have chosen to share with the world? Get over yourselves.

    The comment wasn't aimed towards you lmao. I never said "Dizzy1096 claims that all twitch streamers are bad and I'm comparing him to certain historical figures!" Cmon bro, don't make stuff up to defend your argument.

    Secondly, it was clearly a joke guys, this game literally has Freddy Krueger, a pedophile running around killing teenagers in it. Relax.

  • As I said in my previous comment, it was clearly a joke.

    Although I wouldn't say it's delusional.

    Hate one person>hate group of people because of them.

    Hate twitch streamer cause he teabagged you>hate and tunnel all twitch streamer forever because they all bad hello I'm cannibal chainsaw go brrrrr

  • I'd just like to say as well, I've been replying and reiterating my point a lot in this thread, but this is the problem with these forums is that, people aren't willing to change their mindset, and that's okay, but it makes these posts completely pointless and redundant.

    Someone please get this thread locked, as so don't think any more constructive discussion is going to come out of this thread.

  • Devs have also given killers perks that encourage camping and slugging - Insidious for camping, Knock Out (which they recently buffed) and Deerstalker for slugging. They made the Twins the perfect camp/slug killer. They have challenges to "kill survivors by any means" which includes slugging until bleed out. Those are just few examples of them encouraging and rewarding camping/slugging. Saying survivors have perks that counter camping/slugging means the devs discourage those tactics is like saying the devs discourage survivors from using pallets and flashlights because killers have perks to counter those. They're just counters, they don't mean the devs discourage those tactics.

  • @bm33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2026843#Comment_2026843

    Devs have also given killers perks that encourage camping and slugging - Insidious for camping, Knock Out (which they recently buffed) and Deerstalker for slugging. They made the Twins the perfect camp/slug killer. They have challenges to "kill survivors by any means" which includes slugging until bleed out. Those are just few examples of them encouraging and rewarding camping/slugging. Saying survivors have perks that counter camping/slugging means the devs discourage those tactics is like saying the devs discourage survivors from using pallets and flashlights because killers have perks to counter those. They're just counters, they don't mean the devs discourage those tactics.

    That's a fair argument, but that still doesn't explain why you get less points for doing them.

  • @Dragonshensi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2026959#Comment_2026959

    So now you want the thread locked after making comparisons to being a Jew in WW2 to how people “treat” twitch streamers by listening to their streams.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/SGNKIX09ZYHI/849a20a8-9a82-4649-9cab-bde21c88efd8.jpeg

    Again, didn't even mention what you said I did. Also that's very funny that you posted the exact same comment twice but you went and found a cute little picture of Dr Evil to add to the relatable factor of your comment!

    And no, I want the thread locked because clearly both sides disagree with the other, therefore there is no discussion, therefore no outcome of this thread, therefore making it pointless, which the mods will eventually lock this thread for. Lol.

  • @ttvbardberd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2026925#Comment_2026925

    You guys are having a discussion more about whether the streamer your up against cries about it, when that isn't really what the topic is about.

    You can stream snipe as much as you want, no one is going to stop you, and yes you're absolutely right about it being broadcast to the ENTIRE WORLD (big of an exaggeration but oh well)

    It is still cheating though. It's not bannable, sure, but it's cheating. SWF is not cheating, as it's a built in game mechanic. Pulling someone's stream open isn't.

    The problem is the people not acknowledging that it's cheating.

    Tournaments get broadcasted, but you don't see the players opening the actual stream to get advantage do you? Like this entire argument doesn't make any sense.

    SWF isn't cheating, voice-communication is. There is no built in voice-com mechanics.

    You're using an outside program to gain a significant competitive advantage in this game that artificially boosts the team's performance beyond their capabilities in real operating conditions.

    In a normal game you can't tell someone where a totem is. You can't say if someone is coming for a save. You can't say trap right there. Yet any of these small thing early on could be the pivot point for the game snowballing or not.

    Voice chat isn't just one of those bits given freely. It's a thousand small changes under the guise of "well I can press m1 and juke just like a normal game" without recognizing the real impact that makes.

    You can't wipe out so much of the chaos and uncertainty which defines this game and still argue that you're playing the game as its designed to be played. Survivors are not meant to be coordinating or communicating beyond their their limited perk selection and rudimentary pointing. The difference is ######### monumental.

    Truth is, VC is an advantage over normal players (ie, compared to the same team without that crutch) that's about as significant as an aimbot or wallhack in an FPS.

    It is cheating de-facto no matter what the developers say until they either include it for real or balance around it in a way that takes account for the massive difference between a game where plays have zero coordination/communication and one where the players have total communication/coordination.

    Yet.... voice chat is allowed nevertheless. Same way stream sniping is allowed according to the official rules. Personally, I would call them both cheating and prefer both be eliminated. But to think of one as cheating and the other crossing some line... pure hypocrisy. There's no getting around it. It's simply delusional.

  • @Ecstasy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2026931#Comment_2026931

    SWF isn't cheating, voice-communication is. There is no built in voice-com mechanics.

    You're using an outside program to gain a significant competitive advantage in this game that artificially boosts the team's performance beyond their capabilities in real operating conditions.

    In a normal game you can't tell someone where a totem is. You can't say if someone is coming for a save. You can't say trap right there. Yet any of these small thing early on could be the pivot point for the game snowballing or not.

    Voice chat isn't just one of those bits given freely. It's a thousand small changes under the guise of "well I can press m1 and juke just like a normal game" without recognizing the real impact that makes.

    You can't wipe out so much of the chaos and uncertainty which defines this game and still argue that you're playing the game as its designed to be played. Survivors are not meant to be coordinating or communicating beyond their their limited perk selection and rudimentary pointing. The difference is ######### monumental.

    Truth is, VC is an advantage over normal players (ie, compared to the same team without that crutch) that's about as significant as an aimbot or wallhack in an FPS.

    It is cheating de-facto no matter what the developers say until they either include it for real or balance around it in a way that takes account for the massive difference between a game where plays have zero coordination/communication and one where the players have total communication/coordination.

    Yet.... voice chat is allowed nevertheless. Same way stream sniping is allowed according to the official rules. Personally, I would call them both cheating and prefer both be eliminated. But to think of one as cheating and the other crossing some line... pure hypocrisy. There's no getting around it. It's simply delusional.

    You made a fair argument, but we'll have to agree to disagree. Take my Vote up sir.

1 2 3 4