killer mains pretending to be survivor mains pretending to be killer mains pretending to be survivor
I see this coming up very often. A lot of posters have been accused of being "survivor mains pretending to be killer mains".
This is ridiculous. The first issue with it is silly enough on its own; it's this paranoid distrust towards anyone who disagrees with you about the current hot issues ("crutch perks", trash/OP killers and so on). Come on. Be a little more charitable. More often than not, it's baseless to assume that someone is making a profile only to pretend to be "on the other side". Address their points only. Even if you're right about them being fake (which is rarely the case I think), you can't prove it. It only makes you look stupid and petty when you jump to claims that cannot be proven, only because your opinion differs from that of the other.
Second, this kind of accusation only betrays how lowly the accuser's mindset is. If you accuse someone of pretending to be "killer main" or whatever, it shows how unable you are to even imagine that someone is unbiased and thus it makes YOU look like someone who can't distance himself from his own self interests. When in fact, a lot of players play both sides and they have experiences, which, while they may not be the same as those of others', they're still valid experiences.
Which leads me to the third thing: "MAINS"? I simply don't get it. This game offers much more if you play both sides. The people whose opinions are worth the least are killer "mains" and survivor "mains". You won't be a very good player in either role if you don't play the other sometimes, plus this makes you more biased than anything. Also, sometimes it really sounds like it's some kind of identity, which is madness. "I AM a ... main", give me a break. You're just a guy who plays one half of a certain video game.
Comments
'Cause it's just not working.
Yes, this!
I play in a 2 man swf, occasionally three, and we are not great, but it's still freaking hilarious because we do not take ourselves too seriously. I don't use flashlights because a) I'm crap and b) i have felt the pain of 4 man flash light teams and i won't inflict it on another killer. I suck at looping so i prefer stealth, and the only time i teabag is to say thanks for a heal from another survivor. This doesn't mean we don't try to play properly, but when we fail we don't don't stomp our feet, we just find the fun. Stuck on a hook with a camper?...Play hooked on a feeling down the mic. Get downed right before the gate?....sing all by myself as my team gets out the exit. Give marks for flips when one of your team gets hit, hum the mighty mouse theme when doing a hook save.
Ok I'm not suggesting that everyone turns the game into a comedy, but the point is, having a sense of humour and not turning every downfall into a personal attack alleviates the tension and does lend a perspective that doesn't make me immediately feel combative every time i post something on a forum even if i disagree with a post i'm replying to.
I have played killer less than i do survivor, but i haven't needed the 1k+ hours some people seem to think you need to express an opinion that might be valid. That doesn't mean i don't have sense to see some of the issues killers are talking about or perhaps understand from my own view point that these hot button topics are or are not as terrible as people say.
Gameplay experience is an individual thing, some people are going to have issues in some places that other people aren't, and if someone has an opposing opinion that you strongly disagree with, it's not impossible to get your view point across without turning it into a flame war.
Usually you can determine really fast whether a certain person has ever played survivor/killer properly or whether he only plays one role
Even if they achieved that, they must do it the "certain way" so you can always be right.-
^ This forum in a nutshell.
2 days ago i got rekt because when killer came to me i tried to vault the window but instead i kept opening the chest right next to it, hilarious. At first i yelled " ######### " but then i couldn't stop laughing
Because this game has two sides with drstically different means of play. Survivors need to survive killers need to kill both sides contradict each other splitting the community making each side hate each other for otherwise nonsensical reasons.
I think you are full of it. Post links to both the posts and the account info to prove it.
pretty sure just 2 days ago someone made an acct here called thetrapper or something and got proven to be a survivormain and instantly ragequit when people laughed, as usual.
you are clearly new and inexperienced if you havent seen this. welcome to dbd son.
Let's be Honest rank 1 Dwights who hid in lockers till the end of the game while some poor bastard died on the hook is probably more responsible for deaths in this game than the Trapper. He earned his Killer Main status.
I had the same thing happen recently only it was the hatch which was open and when I clicked on it the hook that was right next to it sabo prompt kept coming up.
So of course I kept kneeling to perform the sabo action for 4 seconds and the killer caught up to me and hooked me next to the hatch.
We both had a good laugh afterwards about it.
As a survivor main, i really feel killers are way to OP. Especially hex perks. I find that cleansing totems cuts into precious gen-rushing time. Its even gotten to the point that my SWF group can hardly escape without someone being hooked by the killer. Ridiculous. How am i supposed to enjoy this game when dying is a possible concern? Nerf killers.
I know many people who play the game exclusively to do this, maybe you are just out of touch?
i wonder how many killer mains eyes start to twitch reading this....nice bait.
Your subjective experience is not the same as everyone else. I say again...get a grip.
If anyone is out of touch, it's you I'm afraid.
i can tell from this that hes a low rank, low skill, survivor main, who cannot fathom matches going that well. inexperienced noobs telling vets what the game is like is laughable, and results in his opinions being discarded.
Read some of his comments and you might get why lowbei snaps.
Of course it isn't smart to call people like that and makes himself vulnerable to reports, but if you read for some time in this forum you will find a lot of only1biggs comments that drive you nuts.
He is really onesided in his vision of "balance" and borderline provoking for either being stubborn or playing stupid to push his agenda.
Honestly, don't bother or if you are planning on repeatedly banging your head against a brick wall, bring a pillow to cushion the blow.
and to he fair, i know that with experience, people become wiser and more balanced, so i am always looking for signs of intelligence emerging in the people i have deemed void. nobody is without the possibility of redemption
Smugness levels peaking ^^
You'll never convince anyone this way, even if your statements are solid.
But you know that.
Actually most of his posts are pretty good. :P
If you enjoy witty trolling, sure. I do too, except... it's not productive.
Ochido was one of the most popular dbd content creators, his videos and streams got thousands of views.
This really isn't difficult to figure out.
for example, you will notice a thread by me on the front page called “Rank matters”, where i state probably the most unpopular fact that exists in regards to this game. i even state in its subject that its for vets only, as experience and knowledge is required to understand it. i posted it, knowing that the majority of all players in this game are low ranked casuals who would lash out at this thread, because humans dont like the concept of being “average”, as even the smallest ego prevents this. truth isnt always popular, as you can see from the huge salt pile forming over there.
i like a challenge. fyi i play solo only, with no items or offerings, and never sober, or anywhere close.
Oh, that's a good point actually. Quite unsettling too, Ochido and Noob3... these manchildren are hard to tolerate.
On the other hand, I see a lot of people saying they prefer the more mature streamers: Tru4, Panda, etc.
BWHAHAHAHAHAHHA
You finally found the truth, the path to a less toxic community.
I'm proud of you, Son.
if you do stick around instead of ragequitting, you will eventually become decent enough at this game for your opinion to matter here. i encourage you to do so, as nobody is without the possibility of redemption
Quite a God complex you got there.
again you havent ever seen me say im good.
i just state facts about where and how i play, which often makes peoples subconscious twist it into “he thinks hes a god”, without that ever being stated in any way. if you reread, you will see that there is actually no ego in any of my statements.
What is your sorcs name in ESO? I play (or at least i used to play) in EU but i'm aware of some top players from NA.
I've succeed many times in 1vX as well, but it's not only because i did well, also because their rank was tribune or less most of the times and made mistakes. It's true that a skilled player force those mistakes, but sometimes they just make them.
clears throat, let me quote:
"I just state facts"
"nobody is without the possibility of redemption"
And the habit of of calling people "son" and "Kiddo"
Does sound more like revelations, than conversation.
by one of the top i mean dps wise, as its pretty hard to determine otherwise which ones the best, and ap gained is often just time invested. ego makes everyone think theirs is #1 and theres no tournaments unfortunately. maybe someday soon. im not arrogant enough to say im #1 with millions playing
currently one of my guildies names stuttzi is the emperor of vivec (the 30day standard campaign) with 9mill gained this season and is 3mill ahead of the next closest player. he doesnt sleep and im concerned for his health lol. i sleep and work, but jealous af of how much time he has.
I have over 4k hours across 3 platforms.
You imply you have more experience then state to someone else that "this is a side game for you". So..which is it? I mean, unless your life is lived in front of your monitor, your side game experience would be less than mine, yes?
I'm probably older then you.
Yeet is not 100% correct.
It is you and he that post nonsense.
you can keep your hilariously wrong opinions to yourself at this point, as we are just throwing them in the forum trash, which is already full.
", It was just an ordinary match and everyone else was killed but this guy has rigged all of the hooks on that side of the map to break. They didn't get enough generators for the hatch so I have to kill him. Unfortunately I don't have a Mori so I have to hook him. After I realized I just couldn't kill because him because he wiggles free we've had a weird stalemate. It's been going on for at least half an hour now and I just want it to end."*
Okay? You called me "son". I didn't bring up age, i said, if you can read, that I am probably older then you, suggesting that you calling me "son" would be silly. Also, what does age have to do with hours played? I am insecure about hours so I bring up age? What? What are driveling about?
"wrong opinions". Jesus dude, are you really THAT stupid?
I was amused, but I feel like it would be bullying on my part to continue conversing with you.
Seriously, get a grip.