Life Of a Killer Main

Each Time I play Fair, I get quick downs and a gen pops each time. This was the build I was running.

  • Pop
  • Corrupt
  • Thrilling tremors
  • Discordance

If the developers can't balance, then I'll do it myself.

The next game, I was in a game with a 4 man swf

This was my build

  • Pop
  • Corrupt
  • Discordance
  • Infectious fright

I won the game as Nurse cause I slugged, I had all 4 survivors insulting me and telling me I should "Kill myself".

So I can't play fair cause I lose to gens, If I play unfair, people tell me I should "Kill myself".

Comments

  • I say main but I play both sides, this happens nearly every game...

  • me trying to play fair because its how i have fun but there's 4 ds/ub/bt/pt and i just want to break pallets as wraith but the second i go to nurse it's a rank 10 solo group

    image.png


  • Swf, camping, slugging, and tunneling all need to be addressed but unfortunately it seems like most killers mains want survivors to get ######### over while their toxic strategies and perks remain untouched

  • As a survivor main I play fair by only using one meta perk in my build or non at all. If the other side is having fun and have a fair chance then I'm happy as well.

  • Next time you get salty survivors just say this:

    "Mad cuz bad, got it."

    Then leave.

    Alternatively juat don't even bother with end game chat, it's just garbage.

  • Remember, you can play how you want. Who cares what others think?

  • @WiiFitTrainer said:

    Next time you get salty survivors just say this:

    "Mad cuz bad, got it."

    Then leave.

    Alternatively juat don't even bother with end game chat, it's just garbage.

    Or simply don't fight toxism with toxism. It's better to have a debate until they regret even messaging you in the first place.

  • @fr0sty1223 said:

    Swf, camping, slugging, and tunneling all need to be addressed but unfortunately it seems like most killers mains want survivors to get ######### over while their toxic strategies and perks remain untouched

    They remain untouched because BHVR values player agency. I'm not saying that's a good or bad thing, but they do. BHVR see's them as completely viable strategies. Are they fun? No. Doesn't matter, they're still still strategies none the less.

  • @REL1_C said:

    Each Time I play Fair, I get quick downs and a gen pops each time. This was the build I was running.

    • Pop
    • Corrupt
    • Thrilling tremors
    • Discordance

    If the developers can't balance, then I'll do it myself.

    The next game, I was in a game with a 4 man swf

    This was my build

    • Pop
    • Corrupt
    • Discordance
    • Infectious fright

    I won the game as Nurse cause I slugged, I had all 4 survivors insulting me and telling me I should "Kill myself".

    So I can't play fair cause I lose to gens, If I play unfair, people tell me I should "Kill myself".

    This means you're not good at this game. I see many killers who play fair and do 4k. Try Harder and chill.

  • @LazyPayday said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2004266#Comment_2004266

    Or simply don't fight toxism with toxism. It's better to have a debate until they regret even messaging you in the first place.

    You can't have a debate with teary eyed trolls over the internet, hence my solutions.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    me trying to play fair because its how i have fun but there's 4 ds/ub/bt/pt and i just want to break pallets as wraith but the second i go to nurse it's a rank 10 solo group

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/98KOO9DVG22L/image.png

    God dude where you getting all these cute cow pics?

  • When I play survivor I prefer killers do whatever they can to wipe us out. I don't want cookie cutter strategies that are easily predictable, I want pressing danger that limits options.

    I want a remorseless monster not a kind hearted handout.

  • I combine Google images, Reddit, and my friends' realisations that cute things help me when I'm having a... I'm gonna call it a 'moment'- and ta-daa lots of moo moos.

    Like this derpy one :3

    f387df8fff134c215c286f033a919642.png

    But its not just moo moos, there are also small donkeys

    13.jpg


  • @NomiNomad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2004261#Comment_2004261

    They remain untouched because BHVR values player agency. I'm not saying that's a good or bad thing, but they do. BHVR see's them as completely viable strategies. Are they fun? No. Doesn't matter, they're still still strategies none the less.

    Well teaming up as survivors is a strategy too but most people want swfs to be removed or have a massive downside to it yet the toxic killer strategies are seen as perfectly fine. The community is very hypocritical and that is a huge problem

  • @fr0sty1223 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2004288#Comment_2004288

    Well teaming up as survivors is a strategy too but most people want swfs to be removed or have a massive downside to it yet the toxic killer strategies are seen as perfectly fine. The community is very hypocritical and that is a huge problem

    That's how any community is, not just DbD. This one is just more apparent because of the inherent "Us vs Them" nature of the game. And yes, SWF is a strategy. Some killers view it as toxic, while others don't. Just like there are survivors who see camping, tunneling, and slugging as toxic, and some don't.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2004294#Comment_2004294

    I combine Google images, Reddit, and my friends' realisations that cute things help me when I'm having a... I'm gonna call it a 'moment'- and ta-daa lots of moo moos.

    Like this derpy one :3

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/CI9WSC2ONFL0/f387df8fff134c215c286f033a919642.png

    But its not just moo moos, there are also small donkeys

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/BE9FH6O4SK17/13.jpg

    That is actually kinda cute, but for me it tends to be pugs

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2004294#Comment_2004294

    I combine Google images, Reddit, and my friends' realisations that cute things help me when I'm having a... I'm gonna call it a 'moment'- and ta-daa lots of moo moos.

    Like this derpy one :3

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/CI9WSC2ONFL0/f387df8fff134c215c286f033a919642.png

    But its not just moo moos, there are also small donkeys

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/BE9FH6O4SK17/13.jpg

    I'm digging the highland cattle, keep doing the lords work.

  • It feels like seriously no one here has ever been in any social media platform or other game, people are like that

    You can ignore them since they cant say anything that would actually matter to you

    OR

    You can cry about it for literally no reason and have the entire game ruined for you because there will always be people who complain and insult you over stupid stuff

    Your choice, you'll be much happier if you pick the former

  • @NomiNomad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2004311#Comment_2004311

    That's how any community is, not just DbD. This one is just more apparent because of the inherent "Us vs Them" nature of the game. And yes, SWF is a strategy. Some killers view it as toxic, while others don't. Just like there are survivors who see camping, tunneling, and slugging as toxic, and some don't.

    I'm sorry but any killer who thinks playing SWF is toxic is just #########. You can play toxic in a SWF but most killers pretend 99% of SWF isn't just people playing a casual game with a mate or 2 to wind down in the evening and ######### about being beaten after they get outplayed. Happens on both sides but I swear, people talk about entitled survivor mains but the amount of killers that think they deserve a 4k every game when they can't mindgame or do anything decent to outplay the survivors is just funny.

    Edit: And no, SWF isn't a strategy, it's almost always just friends casually playing together and half the time playing overly altruistic to their own demise rather than benefit

  • @REL1_C said:

    Each Time I play Fair, I get quick downs and a gen pops each time. This was the build I was running.

    • Pop
    • Corrupt
    • Thrilling tremors
    • Discordance

    If the developers can't balance, then I'll do it myself.

    The next game, I was in a game with a 4 man swf

    This was my build

    • Pop
    • Corrupt
    • Discordance
    • Infectious fright

    I won the game as Nurse cause I slugged, I had all 4 survivors insulting me and telling me I should "Kill myself".

    So I can't play fair cause I lose to gens, If I play unfair, people tell me I should "Kill myself".

    Stop the being a cry baby and quit the game (I done myself)

  • @REL1_C said:

    Each Time I play Fair, I get quick downs and a gen pops each time. This was the build I was running.

    • Pop
    • Corrupt
    • Thrilling tremors
    • Discordance

    If the developers can't balance, then I'll do it myself.

    The next game, I was in a game with a 4 man swf

    This was my build

    • Pop
    • Corrupt
    • Discordance
    • Infectious fright

    I won the game as Nurse cause I slugged, I had all 4 survivors insulting me and telling me I should "Kill myself".

    So I can't play fair cause I lose to gens, If I play unfair, people tell me I should "Kill myself".

    Fairness is what mechanics are available to the killer, not necessarily how you think a fair game should be. "Unfair" would be how you can down all four survivors within 80 seconds, if "fair" was a real concept that actually had a mechanical impact on the game.

    "Each time I play fair" probably isn't being fair to yourself, and that's probably why you "lose" trials

    The game is very balanced for an assymetrical game. Slight nuances tend to overload the senses on either side, so I'd say you should camp a little bit more if you want to "win"

  • @REL1_C said:

    Each Time I play Fair, I get quick downs and a gen pops each time. This was the build I was running.

    • Pop
    • Corrupt
    • Thrilling tremors
    • Discordance

    If the developers can't balance, then I'll do it myself.

    The next game, I was in a game with a 4 man swf

    This was my build

    • Pop
    • Corrupt
    • Discordance
    • Infectious fright

    I won the game as Nurse cause I slugged, I had all 4 survivors insulting me and telling me I should "Kill myself".

    So I can't play fair cause I lose to gens, If I play unfair, people tell me I should "Kill myself".

    Pls stop thinking you are special, you're just a piece of meat with possibly some money.

    Go try other games and your life will automatically be better.

  • Same for me as well. I've been on a losing streak. Watch Otz since he has a winning streak and notice he slugs damn near every survivor he downs. So I start slugging and then the survivors complained I'm a tryhard for it.

    I tried camping with bubba too, good success but a few disconnects and lots of abuse post game.

    There's no benefit to playing fair lmao they only tbag you at the exit no matter how nice you are.

  • @golubushka08 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/233328/life-of-a-killer-main

    This means you're not good at this game. I see many killers who play fair and do 4k. Try Harder and chill.

    You realize that when Otzdarva, one of the most famous DBD players and considered by many to be the best killer main there is, went up against an optimal SWF group, with a powerful killer, with powerful perks, he only won by tunneling someone immediately?


    Let's face it, the Survivor Rulebook for Killers is pretty extensive. Ignoring debate over meta perks and builds, there's nothing that Survivors do that isn't "ok." They can do gens quickly, aggressively unhook, bodyblock, flashy save, pallet save, dumb tech, CJ tech, etc, and no one cares. Genrushing is brought up every once in a while but gets shot down quickly.

    If a killer downs the same person twice in a row or stays too near a hook, the community decides it's unfair and flames them.

    There's a YT video by a decent killer who explains why he thinks it's OK to tunnel and I honestly couldn't disagree. I usually don't but I mean, I won't flame a killer for their strategy.

  • Killer isn't that hard. Need to work on your fundamentals if you need that much slowdown and have to break a sweat in a normal match.

  • @PanicSquid said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2004304#Comment_2004304

    I'm digging the highland cattle, keep doing the lords work.

    thank you for your support

    image.png


  • @WiiFitTrainer said:

    Next time you get salty survivors just say this:

    "Mad cuz bad, got it."

    Then leave.

    Alternatively juat don't even bother with end game chat, it's just garbage.

    When I get salty survivors I prefer to quote Tywin Lannister.

    "A lion doesn't concern itself with the opinion of sheep" >.>

  • @REL1_C said:

    Each Time I play Fair, I get quick downs and a gen pops each time. This was the build I was running.

    • Pop
    • Corrupt
    • Thrilling tremors
    • Discordance

    If the developers can't balance, then I'll do it myself.

    The next game, I was in a game with a 4 man swf

    This was my build

    • Pop
    • Corrupt
    • Discordance
    • Infectious fright

    I won the game as Nurse cause I slugged, I had all 4 survivors insulting me and telling me I should "Kill myself".

    So I can't play fair cause I lose to gens, If I play unfair, people tell me I should "Kill myself".

    This is why I rarely play as a killer anymore. Just about every time I have, it's full of trolls running around flicking flashlights on and off in your eyes, and running around messing with you. Then if you actually down them, they trash talk for it. Makes me not want to play as killer at all.

  • Thats what I was wondering cutest lil cow ever lol

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2004266#Comment_2004266

    When I get salty survivors I prefer to quote Tywin Lannister.

    "A lion doesn't concern itself with the opinion of sheep" >.>

    I bet that sends sore survivors for a loop

  • In my experience. Everything sends sore survivors for a loop.

  • I chase. I down. I head-trap. I chase again while carrying someone. Keep the cycle going and rake in the occasional RBT death. Satisfying gig I got going for me, personally.

  • This is a fundamental problem with the community.. this idea that killers are not allowed to play in a specific way because it isn't fun for survivors, but when you flip the coin, survivors are allowed to play anyway they want regardless of how fun it is for the killer(s). It's a double standard that I despise as a killer main and here's a few recent scenarios that happened that prove it.

    Scenario 1: Feng min found a key.. hatch has spawned and I was able to get her into the basement as Leatherface. Now, I'm camping her because I'm not having a 3 man escape. Steve, then decides to try to rescue against a Bubba and goes down, so two in the basement, more reason to camp. Post-game chat, I'm basically screamed at for doing this and when asked what I should've done, Steve tells me I should've let Feng min escape and let them have a 3-man key escape.

    Scenario 2: I'm using meta perks on my Leatherface and win pretty easily, get to end-game chat and someone tries to belittle me for using meta perks.. well I look at their survivor build and see: Decisive Strike, Unbreakable, Iron Will, Dead Hard. Yeah, and then I get a survivor crying that Leatherface takes no skill and neither does my perks despite their build being arguably the same thing.

    Scenario 3: Bubba again, playing normally, end up being able to down the entire team in one corner of the map. I hook two of them, slug the other two because there isn't any hooks nearby. Sucks, I know, but I want my 4K. Get to post-game chat and I'm basically told that I was trying too hard and it wasn't fun for ''THEM'' and that I was ''holding the game'' hostage by slugging the other two. I ask what the alternative should've been and I get a ''should've just let us go''.

    So yeah, survivors don't like it if you play to win, because it isn't fun for them, but then they'll play to win and bring every crutch perk in the game or playstyle to make sure they can win, but if you do the same, that's not fair.

    It's the most bizzare ######### I've ever seen in a gaming community, and honestly, it needs to stop.

  • @fr0sty1223 said:

    Swf, camping, slugging, and tunneling all need to be addressed but unfortunately it seems like most killers mains want survivors to get ######### over while their toxic strategies and perks remain untouched

    Game mechanics are not toxic. They are tools to be used. Just because you don't like them or find them unfun doesn't make them any less valid.


    http://www.sirlin.net/ptw-book/introducingthe-scrub

  • @REL1_C said:

    Each Time I play Fair, I get quick downs and a gen pops each time. This was the build I was running.

    • Pop
    • Corrupt
    • Thrilling tremors
    • Discordance

    If the developers can't balance, then I'll do it myself.

    The next game, I was in a game with a 4 man swf

    This was my build

    • Pop
    • Corrupt
    • Discordance
    • Infectious fright

    I won the game as Nurse cause I slugged, I had all 4 survivors insulting me and telling me I should "Kill myself".

    So I can't play fair cause I lose to gens, If I play unfair, people tell me I should "Kill myself".

    Just play exclusively against console survivors for a while πŸ‘Œ

  • @FrenziedRoach said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2004261#Comment_2004261

    Game mechanics are not toxic. They are tools to be used. Just because you don't like them or find them unfun doesn't make them any less valid.

    http://www.sirlin.net/ptw-book/introducingthe-scrub

    So why is everyone trying to get swf removed or nerfed then? It’s a game mechanic as well. If killers get to abuse toxic game mechanics then survivors should too.