No Mither Sucks
What is the point of the perk No Mither? It is so bad, if anybody has any arguments why it's a good perk please post reasons why.
What is the point of the perk No Mither? It is so bad, if anybody has any arguments why it's a good perk please post reasons why.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
It is bad.
My guess in development and david kings set they thought a perk that makes you injured all game is good to keep dead hard up against one down killers?
It is a good meme though. I couldn't see that perk being anything else aha
It's a heavily unbalanced perk. You can recover at any time so it's like an infinite Unbreakable at the cost of being injured all game. But don't worry, with Self Care you can heal yourself! If you choose to stay injured all game you are 50% quieter. It's Unbreakable and Iron Will in one perk. Most OP perk in the game.
Its only real use is to be combined with Iron Will to counter Stridor.
Of course, that's not a very viable option anyway because you're left injured the whole time.
You can't heal yourself. No Mither leaves you permanently Broken.
The downside outweighs the positives. You absolutely need to pair it with Iron Will to get any use of it at all. Don’t leave trails of blood? Who cares if the killer can hear your grunts of pain and knock you down with one hit? Can get out of the dying state at any time? Big deal. If the killer sees you wounded for no reason of his doing then he is going to know you’re running No Mither and hook you asap. If this perk has a reason other than making life harder on yourself then I’m not seeing it.
Tbh you should start uninjured
Goddammit.
This stupid forum just deleted everything I just typed!!!
Heres the short version.
Oh thank god I thought I was the only one who kept getting bummed by the forum lol.
No mither is the epitome of a meta perk.....that wasn't.
Imagine how powerful no mither would be if you:
Instead by having the perk cause you to start injured AND providing the broken status notification to the killer in the UI, the perk automatically got turned into one of, if not the absolute worst perk in the game.
To add more spice to the match, it's more for challenging yourself.
I even run it sometimes because I love the challenge and some killers even think you're an easy target and forgetting about the rest 😬
It doesn't even silence your pain sounds when you're injured! Please buff
I used to run no mother, spine chill, resilience and this is not happening, due to the old hex ruin it was tedious to do gets, so I just started running that combination so I can do gens while others look for totem
It's a bad perk, but reminds me a little of the brown add-ons like "The Beast" for Wraith. As in it's more of a challenge to have this perk to prove your skill.
It does have that recover from dying, which works against sluggers. Unfortunately, that aspect of the perk rarely comes into play, and there are other perks like Unbreakable or Soul Guard which offer that ability without any downsides.
No Mither is actually one of the best perks in the game for a multitude of reasons.
The point of No Mither in itself is to be a distraction, you need to commit yourself to this role, take protection hits, grab the killers attention, take chase. The point is being injured is no bother and being able to commit to these things whilst not worrying about being slugged for more than 20 seconds is its strength, either the killer pays attention to you and you get hooked once, now you know you don't need to take a hit to get their attention. Otherwise you can just waste the killers time all game and make their life harder. Of course in theory this is great but in practice this isn't the case.
In reality, in matches, a no mither is going to serve one of two purposes:
Super stealth (aka gen jockey, the lack of blood is great, plus with iron will you're silent even with stridor, the killer will never find you if you're blendy asf)
Or
The most infuriating person in the whole match that they want to chase.
More often than not you'll be tunneled for using no mither because you're an easy target, so you're definitely serving the role. You make yourself look like you are vulnerable when in actuality you aren't. This perk does mean though you need to be prepared for all eventualities and situations at any given time.
I'm gonna say it straight. Don't run this perk if you aren't really good at running the killer.
Also it's a great challenge perk but it's amazing at either forcing a killer that slugs a lot to stop a snowball and hit you or leave you behind and let you get up potentially resetting your entire snowball.
No mither could do with a buff sure but in no way is it bad.
Yup. Stack it with tenacity and iron will and become the hardest slug to get and find.
😂 No he said recover, not heal yourself at any time.
If you are downed you can pick yourself up infinite amount of times when the killer leaves you on the ground.
It's a build in unbreakable
The downsides heavilly outweigh the upsides but it has it's uses.
In short, yes it's a bad perk. But if you're good enough at the base game you can make good use of the upsides while negating a little of the downside. for the avarage player though it's a handicap
I always expected more (this perk does this while injured) type of perks. I had imagined No Mither Builds would one day be a viable thing. Certainly could add a lil more spice to the game.
Do you know the killer knows you have the perk and wouldn’t slug you, don’t you?
Yeah my bad, I didn't read it properly.
But nah you can't, you start broken and remain broken.
You coick yourself up infinite amount of times as long as the killer don't pick you up.
Your grunts of pain are reduced by 50% (I believe).
And you don't leave blood.
But nah you can't heal yourself by self care or any other healing method.
If that was possible, than I would allready healed myself multiple times when facing oni.
Oni loves no mither players as you're a source of infinite blood orbs 😅
Can't believe what I'm reading...
No mither can be extremely OP. It is a infinite Unbreakable.
It is useless in solo, but OP if utilized in bully squads.
As the killer, this can be extremely frustrating. I mean pulling ur hair frustrating.
To counter this, u gotta use the new killer, twister? Whatever his name is, his perk to 1 hit down while carrying survivors.
It's a terrible perk. I've never seen someone get any value from it other than the killer.
I suppose it might be ok in a 4 man swf and a HEAVY slugging killer but honestly if I see someone with no mither they are the first to die.
Wait it's useless as a solo?
I beg the difference.
https://youtu.be/eKSTjcQSiIc https://youtu.be/Q6Y1dGd3k7QThen we haven't met yet 😅😜
Yes it does. It’s the ONLY perk in the game that affects sounds in the dying state.
It’s intentional. The point is to increase the chances of successfully crawling away without the killer finding where you’ve gone.
Nobody is ever going to successfully pull off a self revive on the very spot they were downed. No killer is that stupid. They might momentarily leave because of distractions, but they’ll eventually realise why they cannot leave you on the ground too long, and will always return.
So you always attempt to crawl away first with No Mither.
They can’t because it also affects sounds in the dying state. We already know due to bugs how broken silent dying survivors are for the game. Having a perk do that intentionally is bad. 50% is a nice compromise, and it can be stacked with Iron Will to counter Stridor. It completely ruins Spirit. Whenever she phases just stop and walk. She has nothing to track you by.
No Mither should have been changed to:
The Survivor can always recover from the Dying State, however they start the match wounded. This is represented by every injury inflicting Deep Wounds, and thus has to be mended before healing. *The other stuff about being quieter can stay too.
Oop my bad. Yes you’re correct.
I'm Not talking about u. I'm not saying it's completely useless. I'm saying to the ppl above us in the comments whose saying no mither sucks.
No mither is hard to pull off without a working ally.
But w a bully squad. It can be extremely OP.
Some perks are intentionally designed to be bad and that gives a frame of reference for players to identify when other perks are good. There is no design space to make every single one competitive, viable, or even good. If devs buff a bad perk into awesomeness, a good perk will become more undesirable or unfit for the meta.
No Mither is bad but is also THE bad boy.
The sin of bad perks is being forgettable. Very few in the community can tell without stutter the precise benefits of Babysitter, Premonition, or Dead Man's Switch but everyone knows what No Mither does. It transcended into a meme and is truly unforgettable.
If you're interested in discussing intentionally bad design, take a look at this video:
https://youtu.be/A_ndD-QmPJgSomething I never understood about No Mither is that you don't leave drops of blood, but still allows Oni to get his power by collecting your blood.
It's a pretty unreliable perk overall.
1.) You become a tunnel magnet. If you're really good at running the killer, then this may not be a problem. However, get the wrong map/RNG set up (too many dead zones) and it's probably not going to work out well for you.
2.) While it can synergize somewhat well with other perks, the second effect of 50% lowering pained noises is 'meh'. 50% probably isn't going to help all that much unless the killer has a pretty bad sound setup or is inexperienced and almost makes Iron Will mandatory. Sure, you're completely silent against Stridor, but that's two perk slots with a huge disadvantage to seriously hard counter 1 Killer perk that may or may not be in the game. If you get in a game with Stridor Spirit, then yes, it's amazing. But the rest of the time - eh for me.
3.) If the Killer doesn't slug you long enough, then you will never get the benefit of No Mither's main bonus. Tenacity can help and maybe flip flop to avoid the hook if they do leave you for at least a bit. Resilience can help you slam out gens and that that other one that adds progress on great skill checks, but running those 2 with NM leaves you one other perk slot to help with an otherwise detrimental 'perk'.
4.) If you're not a good runner and/or don't have a solid game plan, the rest of your team will not be happy with you at the end of the game.
I've watched a lot of streamers run No Mither combos and the one thing that seems to be VERY common is that a lot of it is just flat out luck based on how well you'll do with it, aside from possibly, chases. But again, you get a bad map and/or the killer decides to go for the easy tunnel out, the game is pretty much over.
Yeah, this is the only thing that drives me mad. I guess they were too afraid of all 4 survivors running it and then Oni has no power at all.
You should always recover before you crawl. Does it really make you quiet on the ground though? I thought being a silent slug is supposed to be a bug, and not intended.
It's a good perk if you know what you're doing and get a favorable killer. Put Dead Hard and Resilience on for maximum value with this perk. Just play safer and sit on gens, and you'll be out those gates in no time.
Yes, recover, EXCEPT if you’re running No Mither. Always attempt crawling away first when running No Mither.
It doesn’t make you silent. The 50% reduction to grunting sounds and no blood confers to the dying state as well.
Trust me. I’ve used No Mither so damn much over the years that on those occasions the killer makes the mistake of leaving me on the ground and I start crawling away, even if they return a few seconds later, often they cannot see or hear where I’ve gone.
Just make it 100% when injured and 50% when downed. The values don't need to be tied together at all, the devs just seem super reluctant to touch the perk.
I know this is a thread from yesteryear, but Ii'm going to revive it because I'd love some clarity.
I, for one, have absolutely no idea what anyone here is saying. Not only are many people flat out coming out and talking about No Mither as some sort of powerful perk, but the rest are often garnering concessions to say that it is only occasionally a powerful pick.
I really don't understand where any of this is coming from, it's almost as if everyone here is playing a completely different game than the one I've been avidly devoting my time to for the past 3 years.
Like, every single point I see people bring up to discuss No Mither as some sort of good pick is completely beside every fundamental reality of the game. must be missing something.
There have been 12 points brought up in this thread alone, and I honestly do not understand the concepts behind any of them because they are contrary to everything I've come to know from my 1,500+ hours of experience and thousands of hours watching content creators over the years.
Given these aspects, I have no idea how people can talk as though it is even a viable option in a match. Is it that low-tier killers falter and fail to understand the perk? is it that users are used to going against low MMR killers that lose them in chase and are impotent in their abilities?
What is the logic behind the praise that this perk is getting? I truly do not understand it once bit.
Hello this is the creator from march 2021 lol its cool how you found this after so long
Gosh I love necromancy old threads.
Onto your post, I agree with you entirely, any time anyone defends "No Mither" I cant stop but raise an eyebrow in disbelief, after years of playing this game and seeing the ocasional "No Mither" thread and user Ive reached the conclusion anyone defending the perk as anything but a self-imposed gimp is either extremely missguided, extremely bad at the game (anyone letting a No Mither user getting up by using the perk unless he is actually downing other people sucks at the game, and sucks A LOT), a Killer main trying to lure people into using it for easier matches or a troll trying to bait people into using it.
"Because it's hard mode" which translates roughly to "I wanna throw a trial and have a perfectly good excuse so teammates don't get mad" if you are in my match and you're running no mither, you aren't getting ANY help from me
I cannot help but feel honored with my new title as 'Necromancer' :)
Bro really went and necroed a thread to write a whole essay on why no mither is bad.
Its bad because it doesn't need to be good. You didn't break the story on this lol.
You know that perk is terrible when Ayrun can’t even make it work.
yeah... I do not know why this post was commented on, I made this post well over a year ago and this man comes on here and blasts everyone about wrong opinions even tho it was over a year ago lmao
I hope you're being satirical. Cause if you aren't, you're objectively wrong
ngl, didn't read.
I'm still gonna give you my 25 No Mither matches tho :p
It's a perk that on paper, is extremely bad. Someone likened it to One With Nothing from MtG earlier in the thread, but I think it's more like Lich from MtG. For context, MtG, or Magic: The Gathering is a trading card game. You normally draw one card per turn and win by getting your opponent's life total to zero. That's about all the context you need to understand the card Lich.
Here's Lich:
When Lich enters the battlefield, your life total becomes 0. You don't lose the game for having 0 or less life. When you take damage, you instead sacrifice a permanent for each damage point of damage you would have taken. When you gain life, you instead draw one card for each life point you would have gained. If Lich leaves the battlefield, you lose the game.
A permanent is anything on your battlefield: lands used for casting spells, creatures, or artifacts and enchantments. Lich is an enchantment, btw.
Lich has MASSIVE drawbacks. For one, your opponent is always one decisive "Destroy Enchantment" card away from winning the game. For two, when you take damage, you're losing massive amounts of pressure from being forced to destroy your permanents. However, due to the intricacies of Magic rules, losing life and paying life are not considered to be taking damage. So you can use cards that say "Draw a card, lose X Life, then you may draw another card and lose X Life. You may repeat this process until you choose not to. " Cards that say "Pay one mana, gain 3 life" instead draw you three cards due to Lich's other effect (for context, drawing ONE card is a big deal).
No Mither is very similar. You pay a massive price, and change the nature of the game in a bizarre way. Using the strangeness to your advantage can create an unusual playstyle that can work. People like me really like things like that. So maybe chill out?
It doesn't have any advantages.
That is the point.
It's a great perk. You just cant see it's potential. No blood and 75% less noise on Ace makes him completely quiet. Plus it puts pressure on killer making it impossible to slug so they can't snowball. And it is particularly good against the Twins