What are you meant to do as Blight on Lery’s?!

Disconnect?!

Seriously, what should I be doing? It seems so pointless trying when on this map as Blight.

Comments

  • Curl up into a ball and scream.

    Blight on lerys is horrible. You can travel fast through the corridors on the edges if the map but that's about it.

  • @MadLordJack as one of the few Blight mains I know please take this question

  • Die horribly, screaming in pain and suffering.

    Okay it's not that bad, bit it's close. Lery's is one of his worst maps so you need to be on-poont with going through doors. But mostly you have to chase as a basic killer and us eyiur powee for mobility, because good survivors will just turn corners.

    Some pallets are playabke, like the ones in the showers and operating rooms if you are close enough.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    Die horribly, screaming in pain and suffering.

    Okay it's not that bad, bit it's close. Lery's is one of his worst maps so you need to be on-poont with going through doors. But mostly you have to chase as a basic killer and us eyiur powee for mobility, because good survivors will just turn corners.

    Some pallets are playabke, like the ones in the showers and operating rooms if you are close enough.

    Ok...

    Too late. Brain is shutting off, and I’m putting Blight back in the bin.

  • Just facecamp.

  • Just bash your head into the wall all game.

    I'm sure the Survivor's will understand when they see a blight on Lery's.

  • Take blight serum till you overdose

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1991930#Comment_1991930

    Ok...

    Too late. Brain is shutting off, and I’m putting Blight back in the bin.

    That's fair. He has pretty much the same bad maps as Nurse, in case you were wondering.

  • @Dizzy1096 said:

    Just facecamp.

    Gotta down someone first.

  • Some killers are just better on certain maps. Like, Blight is horrible on Lery's, while stealth killers, like Michael, are pretty good. Meanwhile stealth killers suffer on maps like Blood Lodge, cause it's one of the most open maps in the game.

    Not saying that it doesn't suck when you do get on a map your killer sucks on tho. I get your pain, I love Blight :c

  • Same as nurse, down someone and camp

  • Wait for another Lery rework i guess lol ( but probably not )

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    There are some loops you can use his power. The ones with two beds and a pallet in the middle come to mind. If you suspect a survivor is going to vault a window you can Rush towards it, slam and immediately hit the window. The corridors on the edge are useful for mobility.

    Besides that, not much. This and Hawkins are by far his worst maps.

    As a Blight main, I would much rather Lery's and Hawkins than Swamp with the really bad collision.

  • Compound 21 helps a lot on indoor maps. Other than that, stick to the corridors at the edge of the map when patrolling and save your rush for when you can quickly land a hit at loops.

  • Genuine question is Blight really hard on this map because I've not had issues - I just memorize where the windows are and if they go in that area I just use my power a little bit less - I don't have issues charging through doors and if a survivor is likely to hug the wall immediately upon entering a door I just remember this and make sure I swing as I'm entering the door and I usually hit them. There are a few problematic rooms where the pallet is literally just a safe pallet and just like any other killer you have to pretty much force them to drop it and then break it.

    The real question though as Blight - How do you play on Gideon Meat Plant? That map has so many safe pallets I legit don't know what to do on that map.

    The maps I usually struggle on as Blight are the following

    • Gideon Meat Plant - Far too many pallets and extremely sharp turns with narrow corridors - This eats too much time dealing with which Blight is meant to save time pretty much rendering his power null in some areas
    • Thomson House - Specifically this map because the center of the map is almost empty you pretty much have to walk through the field or bounce off of surfaces surrounding it to use his power
    • Swamp Maps - Lots of collision issues - Especially because of the small hills and slopes and random props thrown about - It's super easy to get snagged on something on these maps

    Also to answer anyone - Why do I struggle on Gideon and not Lery's? The answer is pretty simple - As the corridors are a bit wider that gives me leeway to keep an eye out on a survivor while turning. Since the corridors are far more narrow on Gideon Meat Plant at least with the actual walking space I'm given far less room to steer therefore I'm line of sighted easier while using the power. To simplify that if I don't go in a straight line on Gideon Meat Plant in some areas I'm likely to run into a wall. So that's the real issue I have with him.

    This issue however may change with the Blight changes in the PTB but we'll see.

  • You pretty much can't use your power on that map.

  • Just M1 and have fun with the survivors. Nothing more you can do

  • Snack break obviously.

  • He's bad on this map, but not entirely unplayable. For me it doesn't affect how fast i get downs, just how much fun i'm having.

  • Be a m1 Killer, use your power just for mobility or for quick bursts to catch up before they make it to the window.

  • Be bored lmao, Blight is "man with cane" on Lery's

  • As a Blight main, it's definitely not as bad as Billy on Lery's but it's still awful lol. Lotta people here got good advice tho.

  • Bringing this topic back to say I'm getting better at blight on lerys BC I keep getting sent there over and over

    Just had two lerys games in a row. Thank you game, very cool

  • You need to memorise doors and paths as you go so you can cut survivors off whilst dashing, it's hard to pull off but you feel like a god when you do

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    Disconnect?!

    Seriously, what should I be doing? It seems so pointless trying when on this map as Blight.

    I got my Adept Blight achievement on Lery's. You can do a thing or two, but it is very frustrating.

  • the same as a Deathslinger.

    question your life choices that lead up to this moment and fall into a deep depression until the torture is finally over.

  • unironically the world fastest 4k is blight in lery's

  • I always thought Hawkin's was the worst Blight map, but Hawkin's doesn't have 100 windows and 4 million doorways. I do pretty well on Hawkin's. But yeah, Lery's might be the ultimate worst Blight map.

    Lery's is ok for M1, Blight can still M1 but that's not fun. The most fun with Blight is zooming around the map and bouncing into Survivors to hit them.

  • You can bump off the edge of doorways. It is miserable to try though. I play a Blight a lot and I throw a hissy fit when I get an indoor map as Blight.

  • Here's a quick guide to countering Lery's with any non-stealth killer:

    Step 1: Press esc.

    Step 2: Press Leave Game

    Step 3: Go watch a video for five minutes

    Step 4: profit

  • Play as an uncloaked Wraith all game.

  • @Chchchcheryl said:

    You need to memorise doors and paths as you go so you can cut survivors off whilst dashing, it's hard to pull off but you feel like a god when you do

    I’m meant to remember paths and doors on a procedurally generated map?

    Apart from the outer halls, the centre area, and the main office, everything else is randomised.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2002969#Comment_2002969

    I’m meant to remember paths and doors on a procedurally generated map?

    Apart from the outer halls, the centre area, and the main office, everything else is randomised.

    Well as in as you chase survivors remember major corridors and openings/bounce points, like as clown you'd choose the best spot to place your bottles to herd the survivors. As blight you want to put the best spots to bounce round loops and stuff in the back of your head for that match.