Increase the range of BBQ
When you got a hillbilly, nurse and now spirit with BBQ, it seems that survivors are doing everything else but doing gens.
You will say:
Hide behind gen - that almost never works since the auras are still visible behind gens
Stay within heartbeat range - you can't do that either, since the killer will camp the hooked survivor and you won't be able to save him
Even if I use those two counters and they somehow work, most of the teammates I get don't, and I have to rely on them to survive/have a fun game.
I agree this perk is fine as it is for killers that don't have powers which increase their speed, but for those that do, it's just too strong.
Increase the range to something like "when they are further than 70 meters" or make the aura only 2 seconds. This should make those killers less op.
Comments
Why do you want to nerf a perk that incentivizes Killers not to camp?
Bcuz I want to be camped MOM!
I honestly wish, the devs would remove BBQ for a month. Just so survivors get what they always ask for. Then they can enjoy the result of no incentives for killers to leave the hook.
So you could say that in that case... The better "team" wins? I don't know what to tell you. Rank up and play with better survivors? Or play killer and not have to rely on a teammate? Or go play a single player game?
........Just how large do you think the maps are?
Nerfing bbq will just cause more camping. I'd rather go hook someone else when I see their auras far away to get a stack then check around the hook and go back to it as soon as survivor is rescued
When they increased the time on hook, it helped a lot against camping. I guess they can add 10-20 more seconds if it were to become an issue. But let's be honest, who's gonna stay and camp, while the other survivors are doing all the gens. I mean that's not a fun game, it's all about the chase.
So you want them to chase, but you also want to remove their ability to know where to go to initiate chases.
Have you played before leatherface?
There are plenty of killers who get paranoid and camp if they can't see the other 3 auras.
Survivor logic.
This reminds me of the good old.
Survivors: stealth is boring, it doesn´t reward points. Being chased is fun, i want more chases.
Also survivors: BBQ removed stealth, i can´t stealth at the other end of the map anymore.
God knows that if BBQ ever does get removed, my Leatherface is setting up a nice campfire next to the hooked survivor.
Mine too, i would write a macro, so every survivor gets a message after the match. Something like: "this camp was sponsored by the BBQ nerf/removal. I hope you enjoyed my pressence on the hook"
Yes. I've been playing from the start. How about you?
There are times when you've no idea where to go. No missed skill checks, no scratch marks, no crows flying away, no locker sounds, no audio notifications, no repaired generators, nothing. BBQ gives Killers an idea of where to go next when all else fails, and provides an incentive (BP) to hook different Survivors.
BBQ & Chili is fine and if it was to be nerfed i'd say nothing more than changing the Aura reading to the Madness Aura (like Rancor has) but, again, I don't think it needs changing.
It's a 40-meter radius. If you can't see the auras and there are no generators nearby, it probably means they're coming to you.
Just check gens like before. You can't seriously say you can't find survivors if you don't have BBQ, c'mon.
Sure I can. In fact, I don't even use BBQ. The point is, some Killers need the aura to feel like it's worth their time.
Removing a perk that incentivizes not camping will increase camping; this is basic common sense.
Oh yes, playing enemenemu while the clock is ticking is a great game.
-.-
You are aware that nerfing the anti-camp perks will lead to an increase in camping?
Just wanted to make sure you actually understand what you are requesting
less op. i stopped reading at killer is op no killer is op. and it would render the perk useless. count too 4 and oh wait for it. walk or run the other ######### way .... lol and hide. it works
Jeez I know right, always a salt fest with bad survivors.
Survivor: omg baby killer camping, l2p scrub
Killer: Ok I won't camp. I'll use BBQ and go find someone else.
Survivor: omg noob killer using BBQ. such op perks
At least be consistent with your QQs instead of complaining about anything a killer does. Bad survivors just aren't happy unless they can hold M1 down the entire game without being chased.
BBQ is ######### with the Spirit.
You use your power too soon and its aura reading doesn't work.
You use the perks aura reading and you waste time trying to get to the survivors location when you could get there quicker with your power.
70 meters will make the perk just #########. Even running it at tier 1 is bad because of its 52 meter range.
I mean all 3 auras, so if one is missing plenty of killer get paranoid and camp.
It's ok to look around first if that happens, then leave and stuff, makes sense, but some others stay right new to the hooked one till they reach the 2nd phase (at least)
70 meters still isn't gonna stop a Hillbilly from getting to faraway Survivors quickly.
And even just 1 second is enough for anyone who remembers they carry B&C to check for auras.
Not that i even agree with the changes, but they wouldn't change anything except make Killers camp harder due to the lack of auras appearing after the change.
Dodging BBQ is so easy though unless you are right on the cusp of the aura reading range. Just go in one direction for 4 seconds after a hook then change directions. It's super easy to avoid.
Also a circle with a 40m area is HUGE to search for killer. If you are within BBQ range but still get caught you have poor stealth skills.
BBQ is good. No touchy
hide behind gens, get in range, or fake movement pattern for 4seconds. those are your options.
70 meters is insane. If you said 40 meters or something in that range, I might be open to the idea.
The only change I'd think BBQ needs is to make gen auras larger so that it actually covers you even at angles, that way hiding behind a gen actually works.
There also won't be this mad rush to get under the 24 meters thereby encouraging the killer to either camp or patrol camp.
It does need something else beyond what it currently has to increase motivation to go check those gens out. Since right now if you magically find a gen you can hide behind the killer will still see others out in the open running towards hook.
@Lowbei, where is your shovel?
just another hard days work around here bro
@sinner 70m? You must be joking. Play killer and you'll see how the usefulness of BBQ is limited.
There are some people that will use it and camp anyway so it is just for the bloodpoints, now that takes a special kind of killer
Maybe, just maybe, the killer camps, because he can´t see anyone with BBQ? Thus he assumes that the survivors are nearby?
Yep, I do that. What is your point? I am not saying just because they don't leave the hook they are only using it for bloodpoints. I have seen a few videos of mediocre killers using it for the bloodpoint gains rather than being able to go hunt down other players. Calm down pal
@Sinner Mate, what are you doing? BBQ and Chili is honestly fine. I need you to do me a favor and think for a second now. BBQ and Chili only reveals auras for 4 seconds after a survivor is hooked. BBQ and Chili is fine because you have plenty of time to anticipate the perk.
Your first chance is once a survivor is injured, OR if the Obsession spikes are moving in the HUD.
can gain a hint of where the killer is allowing you to better focus.
The second chance is once a survivor is downed.
slug game in which case BBQ won't activate until after everyone is down.
you position yourself within the range so you remain hidden.
The third opportunity is once the survivor is hooked.
seconds to waste the perk aura.
The final opportunity you have is the Terror Radius.
screams.
use the above counters to avoid being seen at all.
"Git gud."
I agree the aura reading is strong on hillbilly and nurse (haven't had enough games w/ Spirit + BBQ to agree/disagree), however increasing the range will probably not help as Hillbilly would still be fast to move to your direction. 70 meters might be too much of a nerf. Lowering the aura sounds interesting, but would have to be tested.
Honestly, I doubt BBQ is going to get a nerf especially since the devs. are focusing on ds. There's nothing much that can be done with your teammates as all you can do is survive the longest and hope for the hatch when your team can't deal with BBQ.
From looking at some of the comments saying BBQ doesn't need a nerf, maybe it just needs a stronger counter. For example, Sole Survivor could be buffed to nullify BBQ's aura.
I agree with BBQ is a strong perk for Hillbilly and Nurse especially if they're also using Whispers. Not sure on Spirit + BBQ since I haven't had enough games with that combo. Even so, I don't think increasing the range is going to help as Hillbilly would still be pretty fast to get an idea of where to go. Lowering the aura to 2 seconds would have to be tested in ptb.
Honestly, the perk isn't going to get nerfed anytime soon especially since the devs. are focusing on ds. Your best bet is to keep countering the perk as you said, and try to live long enough for the hatch if your teammates can't deal with BBQ.
As for some of the comments saying BBQ shouldn't be nerfed, maybe it needs a stronger counter instead. For example, Sole Survivor could be buffed to where it nullifies the aura reading. Guess will see what the current 2.3.0 ptb has for Sole Survivor.
The perk is good as is. Not every perk needs a rework but you did get an lol out of me.
~Hide behind a gen. -Easy
~Be within the 40 meter range. -Easy
~Bait the killer. -Easy