A response to those against adding LGBTQIA+

Yo, Community.

Those opposed to this representation in this game, geez, there are better, more pressing things to be obsessing on.

Do you know how large a part of this player base is LGBTIQ+? I guarantee that every single time you log into play this game, you are regularly being matched with other players from the LQBTIQ+ community. In some cases, probably almost every single match.

You’re in denial otherwise if this is not accepted.

ONE character providing representation of the LQBTIQ+ community from a roster of DOZENS doesn’t break the game, doesn’t change the rules, and isn’t going to corrupt you with its gay conversion laser beams through your screen.

Chill.

Or do you need to come out of the closet too?

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1985082#Comment_1985082

    And what's making you believe that BHVR will do it in the style of "look we added a gay"? If you look to the other lore (with the exception of Frank x Julie in the tome because theirs is atrocious), we have:

    Sally Smithson came to town with dreams of children's feet and laughter in a wooden home built by her husband Andrew.

    This for the Nurse, the only time Andrew is mentioned as her husband, and he isn't mentioned again in her bio. In the tome, we again have subtle mentions, not "LOOK AT THIS STRAIGHT CHARACTER GUYS!!":

    Andrew sits next to her on a blanket, his blonde hair nearly white in the sun. She wears the dress he had bought her. A symbol of my love, he had written on the card, and for a man of few words it meant many.

    Tighter, she holds Andrew's wrist, pressing her head into his shoulder and bracing herself. An immense tree slams to the ground behind her, sending twigs and dirt into the air. One after another, they come down in booming, ground-shaking jolts. Sally coughs through a cloud of dust, keeping her grip on Andrew the entire time.

    Memory 911

    Eventually, Felix's girlfriend announced that he was going to be a father.

    Felix's bio. This is the only mention.

    His ex has moved on and she doesn't want to see his face.

    Memory 342. This is the only mention of David's ex.

    What makes you think they'll do it any differently for an LGBTQ+ character?

    I know what you're trying to say but looking at the world how it is now... Well, let's say I get a bit defensive about it.

  • @Saitamfed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1985104#Comment_1985104

    I know what you're trying to say but looking at the world how it is now... Well, let's say I get a bit defensive about it.

    It’s completely okay to have second thoughts on the devs decision and question their implementation of it.

    but we shouldn’t damn them for something we think they might be doing wrongly.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1985331#Comment_1985331

    Yeah, but it should be clear that I can’t speak for everyone else. And of course I am only speaking from my point of view and I haven’t seen those demands and I am reading these threads pretty thorough.

    And you made it sound like many people were asking for it. Which is not true. Let’s see if you can now admit to a mistake of again ignore this?

    Then explain the multiple threads asking for it then

  • Which thread is asking for an openly gay character? Haven’t seen one but I might just not remember, since those threads tend to go off topic pretty quickly

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1985354#Comment_1985354

    Which thread is asking for an openly gay character? Haven’t seen one but I might just not remember, since those threads tend to go off topic pretty quickly

    22EBBB28-014B-40DD-8815-26D5910A3665.jpeg

    This poster declared it a need

  • That’s one. And judging by the first answers didn’t get too much approval.

    i already said almost no one.

    Edit: I am off to bed, I assume you are searching for those many threads that are demanding an openly gay char (btw not even what that thread was about? Generally LGBT+ was requested). I will respond again tomorrow when I find time for it.


    here the link

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/215714/we-need-an-lgbtq-survivor-and-killer

  • https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/205496/the-promised-lgbt-characters/p1 another. Second paragraph or so she said it’s not even debatable that one is needed

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1985367#Comment_1985367

    That’s one. And judging by the first answers didn’t get too much approval.

    i already said almost no one.

    Edit: I am off to bed, I assume you are searching for those many threads that are demanding an openly gay char (btw not even what that thread was about? Generally LGBT+ was requested). I will respond again tomorrow when I find time for it.

    here the link

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/215714/we-need-an-lgbtq-survivor-and-killer

    Don’t bother responding. I just posted another, but I’m guessing you will always want 1 more. Plus, the title of the first one directly contradicts what you are saying.

  • @EverflowingRiver said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/205496/the-promised-lgbt-characters/p1 another. Second paragraph or so she said it’s not even debatable that one is needed

    Okay one last answer from me today:

    they didn’t say it was needed per se, but that the devs should hold their words. And again they didn’t ask for an openly gay character but only for exactly what was promised by the devs.


    i wish everyone a good night <3

  • @EverflowingRiver said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1985376#Comment_1985376

    Don’t bother responding. I just posted another, but I’m guessing you will always want 1 more. Plus, the title of the first one directly contradicts what you are saying.

    I said that your first thread was a valid example. But that it didn’t get much approval from other community members.

    and yes, you were saying there is many threads like this. One or two aren’t many. At all.

  • Nurse's most shattering moment that will be the true vulnerability point of hers that will allow her to actually go insane within the asylum was her husband dying, her lore in the rift even filled with fantasizing about her husband still being alive then being taken away from her, wedding dress and gift dress from him also being cosmetics and also her embracing her dead husband as a charm: not a peep from "games/horror shouldnt have sexuality" crowd

    The possibility of a LGBTQ+ character, the possibility of a LGBTQ+ character existing:

    ***WAAAAH THEYRE SHOVING IT ON OUR FACES, LOUD QUEER PEOPLE BAD, CANT WEAR RAINBOW, BAD. I HATE WHEN THEY EXIST IN WAYS THAT I CAN PERCEIVE THEM***

  • @EverflowingRiver said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1984066#Comment_1984066

    I’m sure you are all for this unless a “marginalized” group says something you don’t like.

    I'm afraid I don't understand your point? Are you implying that I would not respect the views of a minority group if I didn't identify with them? If so, you're wrong and have made an incorrect assumption. As a member of a minority group I know what it feels like so I have empathy and would not behave in a way I know to be damaging.

  • @Victor_hensley said:

    Personally, I don't care what they do. If they are LGBT+, cool. If they are not, that's fine. It's just that, if this person isn't LGBT+, then I hope that the forums don't turn into people bitching about it for a week straight.

    Buddy, the only people who ######### for weeks straight would be those if there’s an LGBT character in the game. lol ... not quite sure why you’re basically saying only the lgbt community bitches. If anything, it’s the republicans and Heteros that ######### about everything. WAR ON THE HOLIDAYS, THEYRE TAKING OUR JOBS! THEYRE FORCING OUR CHILDREN TO BE GAY!!


    if anyone will be bitching for weeks, it’s the straight people who want everything to revert back to 1980. Ew.

  • @NVerde said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1984488#Comment_1984488

    I'm afraid I don't understand your point? Are you implying that I would not respect the views of a minority group if I didn't identify with them? If so, you're wrong and have made an incorrect assumption. As a member of a minority group I know what it feels like so I have empathy and would not behave in a way I know to be damaging.

    Don’t worry about that person. They made wrong assumptions and accusations in almost every post on this thread. And they are unable to admit mistakes whatsoever.

  • @Zaytex said:

    well cba arguing with (I assume, LGBTQ people) who think being murdered, or being murderers is good representation for LGBTQ people.

    y'all wonder why there's still inequality/bad representation when you literally scream and kick for it.

    I understand the point you're making, in that 'bad' representation could be worse than no representation - and there has long been a trope in horror of the queer killer or victim, which does make it a bit of a grey area.

    But to have true equality and equal representation, I feel like queer characters of all kinds, regardless of whether they are evil or not, should have a seat at the table. If you're saying that there are certain genres of media that have to exclude them entirely simply because there are negative associations, that ends up having the exact opposite effect of what you are trying to achieve.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1987023#Comment_1987023

    Don’t worry about that person. They made wrong assumptions and accusations in almost every post on this thread. And they are unable to admit mistakes whatsoever.

    What an immature response. Once again, I can only come to the conclusion that since I disagree with you, you have to try to dismiss my opinion. But then again, you don’t know the definition of wild card so my bar was set pretty low.

  • As one who's in the LGBT I do have to say something about this topic everyone is obsessed about.

    Do I want LGBT Characters Lorewise in the game?

    No, I do not want ANY character's Sexuality to be expressed in their lore. The reason is not what you may wanna hear.

    When I play video games Like Overwatch for example, there's 3 ways to add sexual identity. Adding a New Character with that said sexuality. Forcing sexuality into the lore of an already established character. OR letting the community decide on their own accord how they feel that character should be represented.

    What do I mean by forced Sexuality?

    Forced Sexuality is forcing New Sexuality lore into a character's lore for "Selling more Copies" than explaining the Character. An example of this is the Soldier 76 (From Overwatch) is gay controversy. Most of the OW community felt like Blizzard forced Gayness into the lore to make more sales. Due to the fact sales were getting low then when the news broke out they saw a more increase in sales though Soldier's lore was already established.

    What do i mean by Community picked Sexuality?

    For this look at Cyberpunk 2077, GTA V or ANYYYYY RPG game that has thousands of fans. Think of it as creating your own lore for the already established character. For example I relate to Claudette due to her Empathy for others and that personal connection allowed me to amend parts of her lore into so she is either: Lesbian or Bisexual, Not Straight or pan etc. (Not that im not against being those) But it allowed me to relate even more to the character by building my own lore for her because it was left open. SO technically you could have made All the men/woman characters Gay, Straight Bi, Pan, Trans etc. to fit how you relate to them.

    So how does this relate to why I dont want LGBT or Straight to be defined?

    This relates because I want Lore not to be forced or feel forced to produce more sales in either DLC or the game. This also relates because I want everyone to feel included in the game by making their own lore that the devs allowed for interpretation. So telling people OH YOU DONT LIKE HOW HER/HIS LORE SAYS SHES/HES GAYYYYYY!?!? It could be due to homophobia or it could just be the fact we dont need sexuality to be explained in lore. We should make OUR OWN lore based on how we feel that the character might be due to the fact we might relate to the character.


    Ending Statement

    So Please please don't hate on me for this but IMO Sexuality should be interpreted by the Users not the Developers/Writers.


    --Myers

  • Imagine suffering through life with the constant desire to be validated by everything and everyone around you.

    I don't even care if a character is gay or anything else but, the constant demand for representation is sad and pathetic.

    You dont need a video game character or a movie star to be confident in yourself, grow up.

  • omg why is this even such a big deal for people in the first place? this community is one of the only ones that feel so against LGBTQ representation because “iT fEeLs FoRcEd” even though it more than likely won’t have any affect on how they play the game 😍 anyways chile-

  • I never have thought about the sexual orientations of the characters before.. it just doesnt cross my mind in this game. But why should it when i have the real world?

    In real life with real people, of course i think about and experience this positively. Do many people here have much going on in their real life I wonder?

    Regarding representation, the characters have traits which represent all of us in some way. I see some of myself in Nea, Adam and Felix.

    Anyway, have fun with this video game and go out in real life and do things

    Greetz

  • @stikyard said:

    Imagine suffering through life with the constant desire to be validated by everything and everyone around you.

    I don't even care if a character is gay or anything else but, the constant demand for representation is sad and pathetic.

    You dont need a video game character or a movie star to be confident in yourself, grow up.

    this conversation really isn’t for you if this is all you have to bring to the table. clearly you don’t understand nor can you relate to why representation of minority groups is important in our media if all you can say is how people need to “grow up” by simply asking for more diversity? lmaooo

  • It definitely would be nice to have some LGBTQIA+ characters and maybe some significance in the game. However what I do not and i'm sure many don't want to see is for it to be done just to make a political statement, and not actually crafting it into a good storyline or something.

    But then there's also debates about whether it should just be a light touch or the main embodiment of a character, which is a tricky debate to get into. Bottom line is last thing you want is somethign like this to be rushed.

  • @EverflowingRiver said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1987060#Comment_1987060

    What an immature response. Once again, I can only come to the conclusion that since I disagree with you, you have to try to dismiss my opinion. But then again, you don’t know the definition of wild card so my bar was set pretty low.

    the discussion is literally in this thread, isn’t it?

    you almost never answered any direct question, maybe picked one question to answer but ignored the rest. You never admitted that you were not right, even though you were proven to be wrong.


    i don’t have any problem with when someone doesn’t agree with me - again an accusation from your side without any grounds.


    and I know the definition of a wild card, but we don’t have a wild card in this case. It is not a wildcard just because we don’t know who it is. It’s only seems to be a wildcard from our perspective. But the devs have confirmed it’s not any character, it’s a specific character.

  • @stikyard said:

    Imagine suffering through life with the constant desire to be validated by everything and everyone around you.

    I don't even care if a character is gay or anything else but, the constant demand for representation is sad and pathetic.

    You dont need a video game character or a movie star to be confident in yourself, grow up.

    Yet another who doesn't understand why people want representation.

  • @Micheal_Myers said:

    As one who's in the LGBT I do have to say something about this topic everyone is obsessed about.

    Do I want LGBT Characters Lorewise in the game?

    No, I do not want ANY character's Sexuality to be expressed in their lore. The reason is not what you may wanna hear.

    When I play video games Like Overwatch for example, there's 3 ways to add sexual identity. Adding a New Character with that said sexuality. Forcing sexuality into the lore of an already established character. OR letting the community decide on their own accord how they feel that character should be represented.

    What do I mean by forced Sexuality?

    Forced Sexuality is forcing New Sexuality lore into a character's lore for "Selling more Copies" than explaining the Character. An example of this is the Soldier 76 (From Overwatch) is gay controversy. Most of the OW community felt like Blizzard forced Gayness into the lore to make more sales. Due to the fact sales were getting low then when the news broke out they saw a more increase in sales though Soldier's lore was already established.

    What do i mean by Community picked Sexuality?

    For this look at Cyberpunk 2077, GTA V or ANYYYYY RPG game that has thousands of fans. Think of it as creating your own lore for the already established character. For example I relate to Claudette due to her Empathy for others and that personal connection allowed me to amend parts of her lore into so she is either: Lesbian or Bisexual, Not Straight or pan etc. (Not that im not against being those) But it allowed me to relate even more to the character by building my own lore for her because it was left open. SO technically you could have made All the men/woman characters Gay, Straight Bi, Pan, Trans etc. to fit how you relate to them.

    So how does this relate to why I dont want LGBT or Straight to be defined?

    This relates because I want Lore not to be forced or feel forced to produce more sales in either DLC or the game. This also relates because I want everyone to feel included in the game by making their own lore that the devs allowed for interpretation. So telling people OH YOU DONT LIKE HOW HER/HIS LORE SAYS SHES/HES GAYYYYYY!?!? It could be due to homophobia or it could just be the fact we dont need sexuality to be explained in lore. We should make OUR OWN lore based on how we feel that the character might be due to the fact we might relate to the character.

    Ending Statement

    So Please please don't hate on me for this but IMO Sexuality should be interpreted by the Users not the Developers/Writers.

    --Myers

    There is just one tiny problem: there is already multiple confirmed heterosexual relationships mentioned in lore. And the devs have the freedom to create the characters with backstories and traits as they please. They said this topic is important for them and they want to be inclusive. And they apologized for being unintentionally exclusive before.

    Btw no one asks for every characters sexual orientation/identity/gender to be revealed or explicitly stated. People are just asking for equal treatment. So if the heterosexual relationships were not forced, why would the casual mentioning of a boyfriend in case of a male char be forced?

  • @stikyard said:

    Imagine suffering through life with the constant desire to be validated by everything and everyone around you.

    I don't even care if a character is gay or anything else but, the constant demand for representation is sad and pathetic.

    You dont need a video game character or a movie star to be confident in yourself, grow up.

    No one here suffered because there are no LGBTQ+ chars, or said they absolutely need it. (Well, almost no one).

    it feels like the ones that want explicit exclusion of anything LGBTQ+ but that are okay with the heterosexuality already in game are the ones that will suffer with the inclusion.


    representation doesn’t hurt anyone, really. But it can help many people to see that it is completely normal, that it in fact doesn’t solely define a person etc.

  • I don't understand what's the point of this discussion. So people are offended because some character hasn't a background story that reveals that he or she is gay? What's the point? Does it make Yui more sympatric if she would be a lesbian? Are you more comfortable to play the Trapper if you would know he is gay? Why do you need to know the sexual preference of a character of the game to play it?

    What's the goal of this demand?

  • @Nevrion said:

    I don't understand what's the point of this discussion. So people are offended because some character hasn't a background story that reveals that he or she is gay? What's the point? Does it make Yui more sympatric if she would be a lesbian? Are you more comfortable to play the Trapper if you would know he is gay? Why do you need to know the sexual preference of a character of the game to play it?

    What's the goal of this demand?

    Equal treatment of LGBTQ+ compared to heterosexuality is the goal.

    and the devs have already stated they are for inclusion.


    the discussion here is directed for those against inclusion as the title said. But no one has brought up a valid reason why LGBTQ+ should be excluded when there are already multiple confirmed heterosexual relationships present..

  • @LethalPugy said:

    People are literally so pathetic that they can’t handle the idea, of a possible LGBT character in a video game. It’s not even confirmed.

    I don’t understand how there are SO many posts saying it’s bad for the game?

    ”It’ll be forced” Well. If they’re the only lgbt character you’re most likely gonna make that a part of their story.

    Would the people who say that’s forced say that the heterosexuality of nurse is forced. I mean she has a charm with her husband. So in that case how is that not forcing it but a gay character talking about being gay is?

    People ALSO need to relalise the game we’re playing. The entity feeds on strong emotions. And a LGBT person is likely to get bullied more.

    Also why would the entity suddenly decide not to take someone cause they’re not straight?

    The lore is roughly based on emotions or emotional topics.

    Dwight - He felt average and hated

    Meg - Caring of her dying mother

    Claudette - Anxiety and growing her confidence.

    Jake - Family issues.

    Wraith - Guilt

    Billy - Repression

    Pretty much all the characters have a central theme that conveys an emotion. So... what if the lgbt’s character was love, or loss.

    There isn’t an argument against it.

    ”Representation is forced” Not really. Look at all our POC characters. Claudettes story is not defined by race. It’s defined by HER.

    So to all the homophobes saying it doesn’t fit.

    Cope.

    Please stop calling people who don't agree with you a homophobes

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1994972#Comment_1994972

    Equal treatment of LGBTQ+ compared to heterosexuality is the goal.

    and the devs have already stated they are for inclusion.

    the discussion here is directed for those against inclusion as the title said. But no one has brought up a valid reason why LGBTQ+ should be excluded when there are already multiple confirmed heterosexual relationships present..

    At which point a gay man isn't treated equal to a hetero man? And what has that do to with the game? Is this really a necessary plattform for a political statement? Currently the lore of the game doesn't care about sexuality. Why should it be focussed when it never was a topic? Right now every character can be attracted to every gender for the player, because it's not defined the other way. Is this isn't equal enough?

  • @Dustin said:

    The issue is always the same - it's a matter of how BHVR goes about it.

    I'm a gay man - Don't care if I admit this and don't care who knows - If you're offended get over it. My issue is if a big deal is made out of it. BHVR could just casually add a character and oh look they're conveniently gay that's cool. However let's say an event is made because look it's the first LGBQT character I'd have a problem with that because it gives unwanted and obnoxious attention to a topic and honestly comes off as distasteful. "Look we have our token gay character!" is essentially how it would look. Did they make a big deal when they add characters of color? I don't think so and I wouldn't want it to be the same with characters from the LGBQT scene. My issue with corporations "showing support" is it's usually marketing and that's it.

    What ever happens happens but that's my take on it and I'm pretty sure that's everyone else's take on it too. We don't care if there are LGBQT representing characters in the game it's just how BHVR goes about it. Honestly though it shouldn't even matter in the first place because the game isn't about what people want to do in their free time it's about surviving and sacrificing. If BHVR wants to expand on character writing and backstories cool. Just be tasteful about it and we don't have an issue.

    To tl;dr - Don't add representation in a distasteful way and don't make it a token character where being gay is the defining characteristic of the character.

    This

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1994882#Comment_1994882

    No one here suffered because there are no LGBTQ+ chars, or said they absolutely need it. (Well, almost no one).

    it feels like the ones that want explicit exclusion of anything LGBTQ+ but that are okay with the heterosexuality already in game are the ones that will suffer with the inclusion.

    representation doesn’t hurt anyone, really. But it can help many people to see that it is completely normal, that it in fact doesn’t solely define a person etc.

    (Well, almost no one)

    Yeah sorry bout that one, I got a bit too deep haha

  • @Nevrion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1994993#Comment_1994993

    At which point a gay man isn't treated equal to a hetero man? And what has that do to with the game? Is this really a necessary plattform for a political statement? Currently the lore of the game doesn't care about sexuality. Why should it be focussed when it never was a topic? Right now every character can be attracted to every gender for the player, because it's not defined the other way. Is this isn't equal enough?

    Is this really a necessary paltform for a political statement

    The existence of LGBTQ+ people in real life isn't a political statement. We don't wake up and choose to be gay, we're born this way. Us existing isn't politics.

    At which point a gay man isn't treated equal to a hetero man?

    Now you could be saying 2 things here so I'll cover both bases.

    1) With represention they're not being treated equally

    As we already have confirmed heterosexual relationships in the game, they would be treated equally instead of being excluded.

    2) When are people not treated equally?

    In which case

    image.png

    Here's a map of the world where being LGBTQ+ is illegal. This isn't taking into consideration countries like Russia where they're heavily discriminated against.

    Currently the lore of the game doesn't care about sexuality. Why should it be focused when it never was a topic?

    Allow me to point you in the direction of Nurse, Felix, David, Frank, and Julie.

    Right now every character can be attracted to every gender for the player, because it's not defined the other way. Is this isn't equal enough?

    See above.

  • @Nevrion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1994993#Comment_1994993

    At which point a gay man isn't treated equal to a hetero man? And what has that do to with the game? Is this really a necessary plattform for a political statement? Currently the lore of the game doesn't care about sexuality. Why should it be focussed when it never was a topic? Right now every character can be attracted to every gender for the player, because it's not defined the other way. Is this isn't equal enough?

    Directly stated in lore:

    • Nurse
    • David
    • Felix
    • Frank and Julie

    Heavily hinted at or in Cosmetic descriptions:

    • Wraith
    • Ace
    • Oni

    other lore characters:

    • Claudettes parents
    • That pig lady from tome 1
    • Other parents, but i guess you can argue it’s mostly talked about only one parent and we don’t know more about that

    And I am probably forgetting stuff


    Asking for explicit exclusion of anything LGBTQ+ is asking for non-equal treatment and is actually more of a political statement than just treating LGBTQ+ topics the same way as heterosexual relationships and other mentions of heterosexuality

  • @DropdeadPiggy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1979645#Comment_1979645

    Please stop calling people who don't agree with you a homophobes

    What reasons are there for disagreeing when the genre is heavily influenced by sexuality and several characters lore makes direct references to heterosexual relationships?

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1994971#Comment_1994971

    (Well, almost no one)

    Yeah sorry bout that one, I got a bit too deep haha

    i didn’t even mean you but that one thread from months ago. You are fine, your statement was also fine :)

    they are saying we bash them for opinions but apparently we can’t have individual opinions on our own

  • @DropdeadPiggy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1979645#Comment_1979645

    Please stop calling people who don't agree with you a homophobes

    They are not calling people who disagree with them homophobes but those that are explicitly making homophobic statements. Saying LGBTQ+ doesn’t fit while being perfectly fine with anything heterosexual is in fact something homophobic (or LGBTQ+phobic, not sure about the actual namings of those)

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1995191#Comment_1995191

    They are not calling people who disagree with them homophobes but those that are explicitly making homophobic statements. Saying LGBTQ+ doesn’t fit while being perfectly fine with anything heterosexual is in fact something homophobic (or LGBTQ+phobic, not sure about the actual namings of those)

    Neither am I, and I feel like that's something I should know...

    Edit: eh, point gets across either way.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1995280#Comment_1995280

    Neither am I, and I feel like that's something I should know...

    I mean, I already have a problem with calling it a phobia when it is just hatred..

    but that’s Off-Topic i guess :)

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1995191#Comment_1995191

    They are not calling people who disagree with them homophobes but those that are explicitly making homophobic statements. Saying LGBTQ+ doesn’t fit while being perfectly fine with anything heterosexual is in fact something homophobic (or LGBTQ+phobic, not sure about the actual namings of those)

    Yeah I also don't know about the specific name, so I just resort to homophobic haha. LGBTQ+phobic sounds better than 'homophobic, biphobic, transphobic, etc' imo tho

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1994866#Comment_1994866

    the discussion is literally in this thread, isn’t it?

    you almost never answered any direct question, maybe picked one question to answer but ignored the rest. You never admitted that you were not right, even though you were proven to be wrong.

    i don’t have any problem with when someone doesn’t agree with me - again an accusation from your side without any grounds.

    and I know the definition of a wild card, but we don’t have a wild card in this case. It is not a wildcard just because we don’t know who it is. It’s only seems to be a wildcard from our perspective. But the devs have confirmed it’s not any character, it’s a specific character.

    This is almost comical. Why would I admit to being wrong when I’m not wrong? I can’t emphasize enough that you don’t understand what a wild card is. No disrespect, maybe it’s simply a language barrier or something like that. The only other alternative is you are just trying to mess with me.

    You refuse to acknowledge when you are wrong, like when I gave you multiple threads and you said it’s not enough. Quit moving the goal posts.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    Yo, Community.

    Those opposed to this representation in this game, geez, there are better, more pressing things to be obsessing on.

    Do you know how large a part of this player base is LGBTIQ+? I guarantee that every single time you log into play this game, you are regularly being matched with other players from the LQBTIQ+ community. In some cases, probably almost every single match.

    You’re in denial otherwise if this is not accepted.

    ONE character providing representation of the LQBTIQ+ community from a roster of DOZENS doesn’t break the game, doesn’t change the rules, and isn’t going to corrupt you with its gay conversion laser beams through your screen.

    Chill.

    Or do you need to come out of the closet too?

    Genuinely curious, what is it about DBD that has made the game especially popular with the LGBT community? Given that the existing characters are not explicitly stated as part of the LGBT community, what makes DBD different from other games to attract LGBT players?

  • @EverflowingRiver said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1994954#Comment_1994954

    This is almost comical. Why would I admit to being wrong when I’m not wrong? I can’t emphasize enough that you don’t understand what a wild card is. No disrespect, maybe it’s simply a language barrier or something like that. The only other alternative is you are just trying to mess with me.

    You refuse to acknowledge when you are wrong, like when I gave you multiple threads and you said it’s not enough. Quit moving the goal posts.

    in the end it doesn’t matter. Even if there was a wild card LGBTQ+ char. What then? LGBTQ+ would still be completely absent from the game and we would still have many confirmed heterosexual relationships present. But you didn’t even admit that you were wrong about those.

    or what about those multiple threads and demands in the forums that were explicitly asking for an openly gay character. You could only provide one example for your claim and that was one person that asked for it in November. You still tried to make me look like the one in the wrong here.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    5,000 views and 600 comments.

    DAMN, this thread blew up.

    As it turns out this is a pretty contentious topic lmao

  • @PyroGL said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/230556/a-response-to-those-against-adding-lgbtqia

    Genuinely curious, what is it about DBD that has made the game especially popular with the LGBT community? Given that the existing characters are not explicitly stated as part of the LGBT community, what makes DBD different from other games to attract LGBT players?

    Most LGBT people are not explicitly searching for games (or media) that have LGBT representation.

    I have read an article about DbD and its popularity with the LGBT community and it stated that the slasher and horror genre on their own were already very popular for the community for different reasons.

    adding to this, the current character cast is pretty diverse in many other aspects other than sexuality/sexual identity/gender. and it’s true That in many cases the chars are not confirmed to be either straight nor LGBT, which is not a bad thing at all (and no one asks to change that).

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1995211#Comment_1995211

    Is this really a necessary paltform for a political statement

    The existence of LGBTQ+ people in real life isn't a political statement. We don't wake up and choose to be gay, we're born this way. Us existing isn't politics.

    At which point a gay man isn't treated equal to a hetero man?

    Now you could be saying 2 things here so I'll cover both bases.

    1) With represention they're not being treated equally

    As we already have confirmed heterosexual relationships in the game, they would be treated equally instead of being excluded.

    2) When are people not treated equally?

    In which case

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/U2PU79ZUNLCZ/image.png

    Here's a map of the world where being LGBTQ+ is illegal. This isn't taking into consideration countries like Russia where they're heavily discriminated against.

    Currently the lore of the game doesn't care about sexuality. Why should it be focused when it never was a topic?

    Allow me to point you in the direction of Nurse, Felix, David, Frank, and Julie.

    Right now every character can be attracted to every gender for the player, because it's not defined the other way. Is this isn't equal enough?

    See above.

    Actually we are not born this way, but we develope this way. We are born asexual and usually with puberty we develope these feelings.

    To focus people with that kind of sexuality in Dead by Daylight makes it to a political statement, because at this point nobody cared about their sexuality and you want to highlight that. Do normal people walk around and tell everybody they meet that they are gay just to get sure that everyone knows gay people exist? Nobodys cares and nobody needs this kind of representation.

    Only the fact, that hetero sexuality is mentioned in the lore doesn't mean homosexuality doesn't exist or is excluded.

    If you want to push a kind of rate for characters that have a non hetero alignment, you would have to rate every thing of the world to represent the world you live in properly. Do you see any children in the game? Does the game denies that childs exists with that? No. Do you see any disabled people in the game? Do the game denies that these kind of people exist? No.

    I would prefer it, the creators concentrate to make interesting characters and if they are gay, I am fine with it. Put creating a character for the only purpose to have a gay character in it, is stupid.

    And of course there are a lot of countries, that treat homosexuality as a crime or something similar, but Dead by Daylight is not responsible for that and having a gay character appearing in the game wouldn't change anything for people in these countries. In modern countries a gay man can marry another man, even adopt a child, have the same job and visit any place he want. And the people who play Dead by Daylight and who are create Dead by Daylight are living in these countries. Nobody would even think, that Dead by Daylight would exclude peope of any color, religion, gender or sexual preference, except those people who want to force their own agenda into everything.

  • @Nevrion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1995247#Comment_1995247

    Actually we are not born this way, but we develope this way. We are born asexual and usually with puberty we develope these feelings.

    To focus people with that kind of sexuality in Dead by Daylight makes it to a political statement, because at this point nobody cared about their sexuality and you want to highlight that. Do normal people walk around and tell everybody they meet that they are gay just to get sure that everyone knows gay people exist? Nobodys cares and nobody needs this kind of representation.

    Only the fact, that hetero sexuality is mentioned in the lore doesn't mean homosexuality doesn't exist or is excluded.

    If you want to push a kind of rate for characters that have a non hetero alignment, you would have to rate every thing of the world to represent the world you live in properly. Do you see any children in the game? Does the game denies that childs exists with that? No. Do you see any disabled people in the game? Do the game denies that these kind of people exist? No.

    I would prefer it, the creators concentrate to make interesting characters and if they are gay, I am fine with it. Put creating a character for the only purpose to have a gay character in it, is stupid.

    And of course there are a lot of countries, that treat homosexuality as a crime or something similar, but Dead by Daylight is not responsible for that and having a gay character appearing in the game wouldn't change anything for people in these countries. In modern countries a gay man can marry another man, even adopt a child, have the same job and visit any place he want. And the people who play Dead by Daylight and who are create Dead by Daylight are living in these countries. Nobody would even think, that Dead by Daylight would exclude peope of any color, religion, gender or sexual preference, except those people who want to force their own agenda into everything.

    There are children in the lore of the game and there actually are some disabled people as well (also playable).

    also the devs want to be inclusive and they think they have unintentionally excluded LGBTQ+.

    no one is asking them to create a token LGBTQ+ character (almost no one), but to just treat it the same

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1995761#Comment_1995761

    Most LGBT people are not explicitly searching for games (or media) that have LGBT representation.

    I have read an article about DbD and its popularity with the LGBT community and it stated that the slasher and horror genre on their own were already very popular for the community for different reasons.

    adding to this, the current character cast is pretty diverse in many other aspects other than sexuality/sexual identity/gender. and it’s true That in many cases the chars are not confirmed to be either straight nor LGBT, which is not a bad thing at all (and no one asks to change that).

    Thanks for the reply. I that makes me more curious as to why the slasher and horror genres in general are popular with LGBT individuals.

  • @PyroGL said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1995800#Comment_1995800

    Thanks for the reply. I that makes me more curious as to why the slasher and horror genres in general are popular with LGBT individuals.

    Can’t find that article again but maybe this has something on it also:

    https://www.wired.com/story/queer-appeal-dead-by-daylight-lgbtq-community/amp

1 … 10 11 12 13