How hard for the community is to get it

Really, some of you... Well A LOT OF YOU are really ######### disgusting. I'm sorry for the manners but it do be like that and that's a fact. There is no week where I miss the homophobe comment of someone insulting by using homophobe slurs like Jesus are you 10 years old or what, it's 2021 and people still use those, and the fact that you have a gay friend that allows you to use any slur or whatever is really not an excuse to be an absolute homophobe. Thank god chat filters are coming.

Now the point of the thread is about the reveal of the new killer/survivor body. A lot of people found it more like a masculine person with female clothes and that woke up the idea of a possible trans of non-binary character seen for the first time in the game, and honestly if that results being the game I'm going to hype up to space and further. My problem is: why do you have to complain about it?

These comments are taken from an Instagram dbd related account posting about the picture mentioned. I have no words to describe my feelings for these honestly, but I'll answer them. Do you want to know why we were silent 20 years ago? Wanna know why we are still doing voice worldwide? WE'RE STILL BEING SENTENCED TO DEATH, do your own research Jesus how hard is it to google about lgbtiq+ rights in other countries? And how can you not see the still ongoing rejection everywhere towards us by society?

Honestly I was always positioned in the idea of not caring about representation but now I feel it more important than ever. Please bhvr give us representation in Dead By Daylight

Also want to talk about comments like these:

It's too simple for anyone to get it and takes the barely use of 3 braincells but I'll answer anyway: CHARACTER TEXTURING/MODELING/LORE =|= PROGRAMMING. There are goddamn hundreds of workers at bhvr do you seriously think they stop keeping on tracking stats and get new gameplay ideas so all 500 or whatever workers get together to type a goddamn lore saying a survivor is non-binary? This community is something else.

TL;DR:

We need lgbtiq+ representation whether you feel it right or not because there's a big portion of this community that is just disgusting, and you can't justify GaMePlAy not to add it.

EDIT: I also added screenshots of people with super homophobe comments saying for example that gays are annoying and we should simply not be allowed to have representation in the game because it's horror genre, but they had to be deleted so no one hunts them down

Tagged: ModTrusted

Comments

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1975275#Comment_1975275

    They still don’t have to anyway. At this point BHVR are pretty used to critics so I’m sure it wouldn’t effect them.

    While I don’t agree with harassing them asking for more representation is completely fine

    Asking for representation is fine, yes. But not demanding like the community has been for a long time now and giving a plethora of reasons like the OP has. The OP had the audacity to imply its BHVR's responsibility to include LGBT characters because a certain religious ideology is killing us for just existing. Like c'mon.

  • @panernaners said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1975291#Comment_1975291

    so they made straight characters after month of abuse that's what you're saying

    Dude. Don't be dumb. New survivors and characters are planned way in advance and they roll stuff out as its finished.

  • @Orionbash said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1975288#Comment_1975288

    Asking for representation is fine, yes. But not demanding like the community has been for a long time now and giving a plethora of reasons like the OP has. The OP had the audacity to imply its BHVR's responsibility to include LGBT characters because a certain religious ideology is killing us for just existing. Like c'mon.

    I mean it’s true that lgbt people are being discriminated and mistreated in other countries but yeah that isn’t really bhvr’s concern.

    There are a lot of good reasons for representation though. It gives people insight in LGBT people through the characters lore aswell as having a character people can relate to. Really nothing bad can come out of this

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1975296#Comment_1975296

    I mean it’s true that lgbt people are being discriminated and mistreated in other countries but yeah that isn’t really bhvr’s concern.

    There are a lot of good reasons for representation though. It gives people insight in LGBT people through the characters lore aswell as having a character people can relate to. Really nothing bad can come out of this

    And if bhvr wanted to add an lgbt character of their own volition that would be really cool. But I campaigned for tolerance of the gay community, not forced acceptance via oppression. I don't want people to step on my shoes as a gay person, Im not gonna do it to others too.

  • @Lazerboy88 said:

    I don’t care who the survivor is, I just want to know who the killer is, all a new survivor is to me is a new survivor to mori, preferably with the new killer >:)

    Me too, my friend. Honestly, I couldn't care less about the new survivor, I want to see the new killer, whoever he or she is.

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1975264#Comment_1975264

    Me too, my friend. Honestly, I couldn't care less about the new survivor, I want to see the new killer, whoever he or she is.

    Or It! I want another monstrous creature, Demo needs a friend

  • @Orionbash said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1975244#Comment_1975244

    The community does. Don't be dumb. In 2021 its all the rage that if SJWs don't get what they want they bombard companies with threats of boycotts or general abuse. BHVR stated once that they wanted players to come up with their own ideas for character's sexuality. Then after months of abuse BHVR backpedalled. I didn't fight for gay rights in the 00s for the LGBT youth of today to become the oppressors. My generation fought for tolerance, NOT forced acceptance. And that's exactly what's going on in social justice land.

    Really? Lol. If you force a company to make the gay character they're gonna give you the GAAAAAAAY character.

    Since when we’re people of the LGBTQ oppressors?

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1975282#Comment_1975282

    O but the team should be able to continue to make the content they are supposed to while the bug fix and QA team(if they even have one) do theirs

    Anyway without new content most of us would leave as it keeps the game fresh

    The problem is that the amount of work that the programmers have to do is massively out of proportion compared to the artists. Because every patch creates more bugs than they are able to fix in the 3 month timespan until the next major update.

    All they're doing now is layering bugs on top of bugs when they need to dedicate more time to fixing them instead of making more.

  • All you need is a little power to become an oppressor. I dunno if you've lived under a rock since 2014 but the lgbt community is notorious for ruining lives and careers of people for just having a difference of opinion. Hell, they made bhvr backpedal on their stance to leave sexuality up to the players via harrassement.

  • @Orionbash said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1975299#Comment_1975299

    And if bhvr wanted to add an lgbt character of their own volition that would be really cool. But I campaigned for tolerance of the gay community, not forced acceptance via oppression. I don't want people to step on my shoes as a gay person, Im not gonna do it to others too.

    They want to add LGBT chars. That’s just how it is now. It doesn’t matter if there might be some people that demanded it, they have shown that they don’t give in to demands if they don’t want to.

    you are just making stuff up and call others dumb if they don’t agree with you...

  • I get it, I do believe lgbt should be represented, but I do believe it shouldn't be overdone. And there are many thoughts they could represent other then lgbt, what about Autism, or other subjects. I think they deserve just as much

  • @Dabihwow said:

    I get it, I do believe lgbt should be represented, but I do believe it shouldn't be overdone. And there are many thoughts they could represent other then lgbt, what about Autism, or other subjects. I think they deserve just as much

    People speculate that Claudette might have some form of Autism actually.

    nothing confirmed directly though, but she also has some form of skin condition that is never mentioned in her lore.

  • @Orionbash said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1975374#Comment_1975374

    They want to now after months of harrassement. Not because they wanted to originally. 😒 Good lord.

    And yes, I call out stupidity when I see it. Don't be dumb.

    But there hasn’t been months of harrassement. At least not by many. You are making this up.

    And just because there might be some foul people that did harass them doesn’t mean they actually gave in to that. That’s just your assumption without any evidence.

    the only evidence we have is the devs saying they want inclusion and they want to do it right and not rush is.

  • @Dabihwow said:

    I get it, I do believe lgbt should be represented, but I do believe it shouldn't be overdone. And there are many thoughts they could represent other then lgbt, what about Autism, or other subjects. I think they deserve just as much

    This is my issue with diversity and inclusion. Its a slippery slope. Now that they're adding LGBT characters due to SJW harrassement they'll have to add more and more characters to represent everyone, thus creating shallow characters represented only by their differences.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1975392#Comment_1975392

    But there hasn’t been months of harrassement. At least not by many. You are making this up.

    And just because there might be some foul people that did harass them doesn’t mean they actually gave in to that. That’s just your assumption without any evidence.

    the only evidence we have is the devs saying they want inclusion and they want to do it right and not rush is.

    There hasn't been any on the Forums, but I HAVE seen a lot on Twitter.

    Most of it was when Felix's lore dropped and people were upset.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1975392#Comment_1975392

    But there hasn’t been months of harrassement. At least not by many. You are making this up.

    And just because there might be some foul people that did harass them doesn’t mean they actually gave in to that. That’s just your assumption without any evidence.

    the only evidence we have is the devs saying they want inclusion and they want to do it right and not rush is.

    The evidence is on the forums and on their Twitter account back before pride month. Feel free to take a look for yourself.

  • @Orionbash said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1975378#Comment_1975378

    This is my issue with diversity and inclusion. Its a slippery slope. Now that they're adding LGBT characters due to SJW harrassement they'll have to add more and more characters to represent everyone, thus creating shallow characters represented only by their differences.

    Again baseless assumptions.

    no that is not the logical consequence of adding LGBT Chars to a video game.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1975378#Comment_1975378

    People speculate that Claudette might have some form of Autism actually.

    nothing confirmed directly though, but she also has some form of skin condition that is never mentioned in her lore.

    Oh yeah, my bad, yeah, I can live with that

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1975406#Comment_1975406

    There hasn't been any on the Forums, but I HAVE seen a lot on Twitter.

    Most of it was when Felix's lore dropped and people were upset.

    At the time Felix was added it was already confirmed that there will be LGBT inclusion because the devs want to inclusive

  • @Orionbash said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1975406#Comment_1975406

    The evidence is on the forums and on their Twitter account back before pride month. Feel free to take a look for yourself.

    I was here in the forums and I am looking sporadically at the Twitter.


    nope, not huge harassment going on there. Literally. There is way more demands for certain licenses or changes to perks/killers, which may even take form of harassment.

    but I guess them changing DS due to demands and harassment is okay?

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1975415#Comment_1975415

    At the time Felix was added it was already confirmed that there will be LGBT inclusion because the devs want to inclusive

    I know.

    I wasn't the person who said that was what caused them to be inclusive.

    I was merely remarking that there HAS been a lot of hate on Twitter because of these issues.

  • @Dabihwow said:

    I get it, I do believe lgbt should be represented, but I do believe it shouldn't be overdone. And there are many thoughts they could represent other then lgbt, what about Autism, or other subjects. I think they deserve just as much

    Don’t quote me on this but Claudettes archive heavily implies she has some kind of learning disability which is actually very nice since it shows she can still do really well in school

  • @Orionbash said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1975378#Comment_1975378

    This is my issue with diversity and inclusion. Its a slippery slope. Now that they're adding LGBT characters due to SJW harrassement they'll have to add more and more characters to represent everyone, thus creating shallow characters represented only by their differences.

    which is why I say that just because they represent that group of people, doesn't mean they should base their entire characteristics around it. I would be fine if they added a furry as a survivor as long as they don't base their entire lore around that fact, or any other diverse, group of characters

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1975434#Comment_1975434

    I know.

    I wasn't the person who said that was what caused them to be inclusive.

    I was merely remarking that there HAS been a lot of hate on Twitter because of these issues.

    Yeah, but there is literally for any and every thing in the game people that harrass the devs. That shouldn’t be the reason to not be inclusive. Especially when the devs want to do something.

  • I mean, it would be cool if they mention something like this in the lore -if it is relevant to the story they want to tell. Just saying they don’t seem to exclude those topics.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1975441#Comment_1975441

    Yeah, but there is literally for any and every thing in the game people that harrass the devs. That shouldn’t be the reason to not be inclusive. Especially when the devs want to do something.

    Again, I haven't said that that is a reason to not include people.

    In your original comment that I replied to, you said that they other person was making it up. I was merely pointing out that, in fact, there has been a lot of hate on Twitter towards the Devs over this issue.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1975433#Comment_1975433

    I mean, it would be cool if they mention something like this in the lore -if it is relevant to the story they want to tell. Just saying they don’t seem to exclude those topics.

    case my point, look I honestly don't care about the survivor as much, I care more about the killer, it seems like the theme of every chapter is based around them

  • "WE'RE STILL BEING SENTENCED TO DEATH, do your own research Jesus how hard is it to google about lgbtiq+ rights in other countries?"

    Many people are being sentenced to death for many other reasons, not just because of that. Where's your request asking for their representation too?

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1975451#Comment_1975451

    Again, I haven't said that that is a reason to not include people.

    In your original comment that I replied to, you said that they other person was making it up. I was merely pointing out that, in fact, there has been a lot of hate on Twitter towards the Devs over this issue.

    Oh I see. I meant they are making up the fact that this was the reason for them to be inclusive. i could have worded that more clearly you are right.

  • Yeah it was a majority of straight people that didn't like it. "Oh no my waifu is a lesbian!"

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1975461#Comment_1975461

    Oh I see. I meant they are making up the fact that this was the reason for them to be inclusive. i could have worded that more clearly you are right.

    Ah, my apologies then.

    I am sure that it is a factor, but the Devs ignored colorblind people for years, so I agree that it isn't a big factor in their decision.

  • @Jakojo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1974987#Comment_1974987

    Yeah it was a majority of straight people that didn't like it. "Oh no my waifu is a lesbian!"

    Yeah and from what I remember only 2 characters were explicitly stated to be lgbt (soldier and tracer) as opposed to the other 30 or so now

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1975470#Comment_1975470

    Yeah and from what I remember only 2 characters were explicitly stated to be lgbt (soldier and tracer) as opposed to the other 30 or so now

    I felt OW & Apex (can't think of many more off the top of my head cause there aren't many) had great representation with their characters. Felix's lore mentions that he had a past relationship with a girl, but of course no one cared about that.

  • @Jakojo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1975475#Comment_1975475

    I felt OW & Apex (can't think of many more off the top of my head cause there aren't many) had great representation with their characters. Felix's lore mentions that he had a past relationship with a girl, but of course no one cared about that.

    Yeah apex did it very well

  • Lots of fun stuff to reply to.

    1. Force - making angry posts on twitter isn't a force. I know, it's fun to claim a giant company was forced to do something because they got hate on twitter, but if that was the case, we would already have a fnaf chapter and the ui would have definitely been reverted. Compared to both of those, the noise BHVR gets regarding sexuality just isn't #########. (And I would argue they got just as much hate from people against representation as they did for, that's how twitter works.)


    2. Representation - yeah, if you grew up a straight white man, or even a straight white woman it may not seem that important. It's difficult to see outside of yourself and in the US, and most western media, straight and white are the default. That's why a gay athlete hugging and kissing his husband after being drafted gets protests, while a straight one kissing his wife isn't even remarked upon. There have been an abundance of great essays and books on representation, why it matters, and how it can be done right. We also have historical evidence showing that race and sexuality representation can literally change attitudes (reference "Will and Grace effect")

    3. Bugs - the game will never run perfectly and be totally balanced. Literally no multiplayer game meets those tests. If that is your personal requirement for new things to be added, that's fine, just be aware you may also add on "no new characters until every player is sent a unicorn"

    4. Laws - a few people have taken umbrage to the OP referencing death. Fact is in over 20 countries, including some major world powers, being caught in bed with someone of the same sex is punishable by death. Whatever you think about representation, I hope we can all agree, that's just messed up.

  • @Jakojo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1975475#Comment_1975475

    I felt OW & Apex (can't think of many more off the top of my head cause there aren't many) had great representation with their characters. Felix's lore mentions that he had a past relationship with a girl, but of course no one cared about that.

    (Sorry to bump in) Oh yeah, I remember, that kinda sucks that people just wrote Felix's lore of like that. It was the first ever time we actually got to see a survivor with a relationship. And I get it but I'd take it anyday even if he was gay or no, a relationship, is just that, a relationship

  • @Lazerboy88 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1975329#Comment_1975329

    Or It! I want another monstrous creature, Demo needs a friend

    Another monstrous creature sure is a nice idea. But we will have to wait and see.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1975026#Comment_1975026

    This isn’t about politics it’s about representing a minority of people In this video game

    Having a character in a video game horror or not you can identify with is great

    I want you to google what the word "politics" means and then reread your post very slowly.

  • @EvanSnowWolf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1975033#Comment_1975033

    I want you to google what the word "politics" means and then reread your post very slowly.

    Politics or not I don’t see the issue with having an lgbt character in this game

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1975600#Comment_1975600

    Politics or not I don’t see the issue with having an lgbt character in this game

    I don't have a problem with them inherently being included either, I just find it really annoying when people try to say things like "this is not political!" when it very much is and they're clearly just ignoring the definition of the word.

  • If you want representation that's cool, but putting a gay character in dead by daylight isn't going to end homophobia. It'll exist no matter what and dbd can't change that.

  • @EvanSnowWolf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1975617#Comment_1975617

    I don't have a problem with them inherently being included either, I just find it really annoying when people try to say things like "this is not political!" when it very much is and they're clearly just ignoring the definition of the word.

    I guess you’re right but it’s equally annoying on every bit of diversity in a video game to see “we don’t want politics in our game”

  • @Squirrel_Thicc said:

    If you want representation that's cool, but putting a gay character in dead by daylight isn't going to end homophobia. It'll exist no matter what and dbd can't change that.

    True but nothing bad can come of this so it’s fine by me

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1975630#Comment_1975630

    True but nothing bad can come of this so it’s fine by me

    It's fine if they add an lgbt character, I really don't care. I just hope they do it right.

  • @Healthore77992 said:

    I don't really see why we need it, it does absolutely nothing for the gameplay, we don't need it. Plus, people will find it offensive if you camp/tunnel/slug them, just because they are using lgbt character.

    Some people will be ######### for sure. But one of the key ways to lessen/end hate about something is to normalize it. I want to see someone in DbD be lbgt because it's not realistic there wouldn't be at least one person. My only concern is if they make that the only thing the character is.

  • @Squirrel_Thicc said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1975634#Comment_1975634

    It's fine if they add an lgbt character, I really don't care. I just hope they do it right.

    For once I actually trust bhvr since they’ve shown to be very supportive of lgbt people

  • @P3n1s3s said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1975191#Comment_1975191

    Just because someone is in a relationship with the opposite sex, it doesn't make them straight. They could be bisexual for all you know.

    Very true but they did make felix after saying they are going to define a character’s sexuality and since they don’t mention him being bi I think they intend him to be straight

  • @Healthore77992 said:

    I don't really see why we need it, it does absolutely nothing for the gameplay, we don't need it. Plus, people will find it offensive if you camp/tunnel/slug them, just because they are using lgbt character.

    I can already see it now

    "WHAT!? YOU KILLED ME WHILE PLAYING THIS CHARACTER??? REPORTED FOR BEING HOMOPHOBIC!?

  • I don't think I have anything to say here that hasn't already been said, but I would appreciate it if you pretended that I said something profound that agreed with OP.

  • @Beelzeboop said:

    I don't think I have anything to say here that hasn't already been said, but I would appreciate it if you pretended that I said something profound that agreed with OP.

    Well said man, that made me rethink everything. Damn

1 2 3 4 5