How hard for the community is to get it

Really, some of you... Well A LOT OF YOU are really ######### disgusting. I'm sorry for the manners but it do be like that and that's a fact. There is no week where I miss the homophobe comment of someone insulting by using homophobe slurs like Jesus are you 10 years old or what, it's 2021 and people still use those, and the fact that you have a gay friend that allows you to use any slur or whatever is really not an excuse to be an absolute homophobe. Thank god chat filters are coming.

Now the point of the thread is about the reveal of the new killer/survivor body. A lot of people found it more like a masculine person with female clothes and that woke up the idea of a possible trans of non-binary character seen for the first time in the game, and honestly if that results being the game I'm going to hype up to space and further. My problem is: why do you have to complain about it?

These comments are taken from an Instagram dbd related account posting about the picture mentioned. I have no words to describe my feelings for these honestly, but I'll answer them. Do you want to know why we were silent 20 years ago? Wanna know why we are still doing voice worldwide? WE'RE STILL BEING SENTENCED TO DEATH, do your own research Jesus how hard is it to google about lgbtiq+ rights in other countries? And how can you not see the still ongoing rejection everywhere towards us by society?

Honestly I was always positioned in the idea of not caring about representation but now I feel it more important than ever. Please bhvr give us representation in Dead By Daylight

Also want to talk about comments like these:

It's too simple for anyone to get it and takes the barely use of 3 braincells but I'll answer anyway: CHARACTER TEXTURING/MODELING/LORE =|= PROGRAMMING. There are goddamn hundreds of workers at bhvr do you seriously think they stop keeping on tracking stats and get new gameplay ideas so all 500 or whatever workers get together to type a goddamn lore saying a survivor is non-binary? This community is something else.

TL;DR:

We need lgbtiq+ representation whether you feel it right or not because there's a big portion of this community that is just disgusting, and you can't justify GaMePlAy not to add it.

EDIT: I also added screenshots of people with super homophobe comments saying for example that gays are annoying and we should simply not be allowed to have representation in the game because it's horror genre, but they had to be deleted so no one hunts them down

Tagged: ModTrusted

Comments

  • Although I can not agree with the messages that was sent by that person, which are horrible to read, when it comes to the forums and peoples opinion on it, aslong as the intention isn't to be homophobic then I understand both sides.

    On one side, some people don't think representation is needed. It's a game where its kill or survive, and a character being lgbtq+ is a minor factor to a character in a game like this.

    On the other side, some people would like representation of characters like this. It would expand on the lore and would allow some of the player base to relate to those characters while not changing the game play what so ever.

    Personally I'd like an lgbtq+ character as long as it doesn't feel forced onto the character, just make it a small detail and don't base the whole character around it.

  • I absolutely agree

    As a gay trans man I've seen a lot of hate and just straight up #########-y opinions in my time about stuff like this but I'd honestly thought we'd moved past the point in the majority of the online community where we'd get people putting up comments like these. What's worse is these people would 100% know they couldn't say this stuff in person, but because they are behind a screen they are allowed to be as hateful as is possible. It really frustrates me. Idk why people find the idea of representation so upsetting but its frustrating asf.

  • I don't really see why we need it, it does absolutely nothing for the gameplay, we don't need it. Plus, people will find it offensive if you camp/tunnel/slug them, just because they are using lgbt character.

  • "We need lgbtiq+ representation wether you feel it right or not because there's a big portion of this community that is just disgusting, and you can't justify GaMePlAy not to add it."

    https://media.giphy.com/media/1M9fmo1WAFVK0/giphy.gif

    is BHVR going to pull a Blizzard ? You can see how well that went. Just let the fans think whatever of the characters, a fandom exists for a reason.

    Edit: IMO, honestly these kind of discussions should be banned from the forums as they spark a lot of controversy and god help us if that leaks into social media... BHVR should decide themselves about these kind of topics. Let the fandom think whatever of the characters...

  • @Healthore77992 said:

    I don't really see why we need it, it does absolutely nothing for the gameplay, we don't need it. Plus, people will find it offensive if you camp/tunnel/slug them, just because they are using lgbt character.

    Why do we need different survivors then. People relate to these characters bhvr has made and that’s how most of us end up picking our main

    For example I play a lot of Jeff since I relate to him and his story as an introvert and metal head.

    Having someone with your same sexuality in your favourite game is a really nice thing

  • @Pilot said:

    "We need lgbtiq+ representation wether you feel it right or not because there's a big portion of this community that is just disgusting, and you can't justify GaMePlAy not to add it."

    https://media.giphy.com/media/1M9fmo1WAFVK0/giphy.gif

    is BHVR going to pull a Blizzard ? You can see how well that went. Just let the fans think whatever of the characters, a fandom exists for a reason.

    Blizzard did it okay with OW in my opinion.

  • @Healthore77992 said:

    I don't really see why we need it, it does absolutely nothing for the gameplay, we don't need it. Plus, people will find it offensive if you camp/tunnel/slug them, just because they are using lgbt character.

    @Pilot said:

    "We need lgbtiq+ representation wether you feel it right or not because there's a big portion of this community that is just disgusting, and you can't justify GaMePlAy not to add it."

    https://media.giphy.com/media/1M9fmo1WAFVK0/giphy.gif

    is BHVR going to pull a Blizzard ? You can see how well that went. Just let the fans think whatever of the characters, a fandom exists for a reason.

    If you want the reasons then read everything except the tl;dr, and the fact that you didnt know before I'm telling it here it's the exact reason why you need to be ingluenced by representation. Maybe in your area or highschool you find lgbtiq+ goes fine, but the world is big, we're mostly rejected, some by our own parents, and the worst cases is when I'm watching the news and see homosexuals getting tortured before sentenced to death because their country laws

  • @NoOneKnowsNova said:

    Although I can not agree with the messages that was sent by that person, which are horrible to read, when it comes to the forums and peoples opinion on it, aslong as the intention isn't to be homophobic then I understand both sides.

    On one side, some people don't think representation is needed. It's a game where its kill or survive, and a character being lgbtq+ is a minor factor to a character in a game like this.

    On the other side, some people would like representation of characters like this. It would expand on the lore and would allow some of the player base to relate to those characters while not changing the game play what so ever.

    Personally I'd like an lgbtq+ character as long as it doesn't feel forced onto the character, just make it a small detail and don't base the whole character around it.

    You could base a character around their struggles of being lgbt

    While not entirely the same a lot of deathslinger’s lore is him being discriminated against for being irish

  • @Angelicus23 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1974968#Comment_1974968

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1974981#Comment_1974981

    If you want the reasons then read everything except the tl;dr, and the fact that you didnt know before I'm telling it here it's the exact reason why you need to be ingluenced by representation. Maybe in your area or highschool you find lgbtiq+ goes fine, but the world is big, we're mostly rejected, some by our own parents, and the worst cases is when I'm watching the news and see homosexuals getting tortured before sentenced to death because their country laws

    When u say "influenced by representation" what do you mean?

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1974931#Comment_1974931

    You could base a character around their struggles of being lgbt

    While not entirely the same a lot of deathslinger’s lore is him being discriminated against for being irish

    That's a good point, and definitely something a story could be developed around.

  • The only place sexuality or gender belong is in the bedroom between consenting adults.

    Trying to throw it in everyone's face is a trash move designed to virtue signal or proclaim "I am cool so you should listen to me."

    This is a horror game, not a representation game. I have 0 issues with the background of a character being gay, straight, bi, or apache helicopter. That is their story, and should be treated as such. Not as some massive victory for some ridiculous political agenda. The only people who give a damn about representation are a bunch of weirdos on Twitter and some politicians who use it purely for political and monetary gain.

    If people would stop caring about inclusion, and simply accept the fact that everyone is different and equal, things would be a lot better in the world. Instead we get Cancel Culture, hate mobs, and hypocritical mouthpieces spouting hate speech and calling it equality.

    Keep your damn politics out of the game and accept each character for who they are. Someone reasonably unique and interesting who might have a neat story that you can relate to, or maybe a story that just piques your interest.

  • @Pilot said:

    "We need lgbtiq+ representation wether you feel it right or not because there's a big portion of this community that is just disgusting, and you can't justify GaMePlAy not to add it."

    https://media.giphy.com/media/1M9fmo1WAFVK0/giphy.gif

    is BHVR going to pull a Blizzard ? You can see how well that went. Just let the fans think whatever of the characters, a fandom exists for a reason.

    I agree these discussions should be banned or at least moved to their own forums. It always ends the same way, despite most people not really having an issue with an LGBT character, some people with an agenda tend to hijack the narrative, they’ll say something and if you disagree they try to get you silenced for being a bigot.

    I can already see how it’s going to end now. camping an LGBT survivor will be seen as bigoted. If you try to argue how every survivor gets camped and its not specifically aimed at the LGBT character you’ll be called homophobic and silenced because it’s such an easy way to shut down anyone who disagrees with you

  • @Pilot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1974992#Comment_1974992

    When u say "influenced by representation" what do you mean?

    Straight and cis people realising they can have no single problem living along lgbtiq+ people, and reach to a point where they can accept them and so maybe one day country laws will change and we will stop dying, one of the reasons why June is the entire pride month. Until then, representation is needed

  • @Mringasa said:

    The only place sexuality or gender belong is in the bedroom between consenting adults.

    Trying to throw it in everyone's face is a trash move designed to virtue signal or proclaim "I am cool so you should listen to me."

    This is a horror game, not a representation game. I have 0 issues with the background of a character being gay, straight, bi, or apache helicopter. That is their story, and should be treated as such. Not as some massive victory for some ridiculous political agenda. The only people who give a damn about representation are a bunch of weirdos on Twitter and some politicians who use it purely for political and monetary gain.

    If people would stop caring about inclusion, and simply accept the fact that everyone is different and equal, things would be a lot better in the world. Instead we get Cancel Culture, hate mobs, and hypocritical mouthpieces spouting hate speech and calling it equality.

    Keep your damn politics out of the game and accept each character for who they are. Someone reasonably unique and interesting who might have a neat story that you can relate to, or maybe a story that just piques your interest.

    This isn’t about politics it’s about representing a minority of people In this video game

    Having a character in a video game horror or not you can identify with is great

  • hoo boy this whole thing really opened a can of worms, huh?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1974981#Comment_1974981

    I agree these discussions should be banned or at least moved to their own forums. It always ends the same way, despite most people not really having an issue with an LGBT character, some people with an agenda tend to hijack the narrative, they’ll say something and if you disagree they try to get you silenced for being a bigot.

    I can already see how it’s going to end now. camping an LGBT survivor will be seen as bigoted. If you try to argue how every survivor gets camped and its not specifically aimed at the LGBT character you’ll be called homophobic and silenced because it’s such an easy way to shut down anyone who disagrees with you

    "Banned and excluded to different discussions" my post follows perfectly all the rules, get off. If I want to talk about the community homophobia and explain how representation is good, I perfectly can and you have no single reason to exclude us.

  • @JackFrostMan said:

    hoo boy this whole thing really opened a can of worms, huh?

    I'll happily answer all of them until they realise what's good for game and society in general

  • @Angelicus23 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1975004#Comment_1975004

    Straight and cis people realising they can have no single problem living along lgbtiq+ people, and reach to a point where they can accept them and so maybe one day country laws will change and we will stop dying, one of the reasons why June is the entire pride month. Until then, representation is needed

    I sometime relate more to a female or lgbt character if it's traits are more in lines with me/my personality. I couldn't care less about gender than I do right now.


    Might also help that in my society we've had lgbtq+ public personallity for over 15+ years and author/writers don't make one for the fun of it, they rather not have one if they can't flesh out the character and make a good one.

  • It shouldn't really be a problem but they should have just stayed out of the characters sexuality they didn't have to make any characters straight but now they did its only fair to make non straight characters.

  • @Angelicus23 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1975004#Comment_1975004

    Straight and cis people realising they can have no single problem living along lgbtiq+ people, and reach to a point where they can accept them and so maybe one day country laws will change and we will stop dying, one of the reasons why June is the entire pride month. Until then, representation is needed

    Yeah but that doesn't answer my question. Do I "ME" need to be influenced any further than accepting these kinds of people? That's my question. Being whatever, won't stop me from treating you like a fellow human being.

    You explained why representation is needed, for people similar to you to feel like home, feeling they have a place they can belong to... etc

    To me it sounds like you're trying to push your agenda onto me and others.

    "one day country laws will change and we will stop dying" - you're taking it to the extremes now...

  • @BananaBlooD95 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1975031#Comment_1975031

    I sometime relate more to a female or lgbt character if it's traits are more in lines with me/my personality. I couldn't care less about gender than I do right now.

    Might also help that in my society we've had lgbtq+ public personallity for over 15+ years and author/writers don't make one for the fun of it, they rather not have one if they can't flesh out the character and make a good one.

    I love to hear in your area the community is respected, really!

    I have to talk about mine now. My country is very traditional, and even if homosexual marriage and transgender surgeons are allowed, people keep being too traditional and there are political groups getting more and more votes, which is scaring me because these specifically want to remove our rights. I'm sorry for bringing politics in this comment, but people should know.

  • @panernaners said:

    It shouldn't really be a problem but they should have just stayed out of the characters sexuality they didn't have to make any characters straight but now they did its only fair to make non straight characters.

    Felix has been confirmed to be straight, we can have homo/bi people confirmed too

  • I swear they got a lot of crap for the way they handled Soldier 76's sexuality. Like a LOT, from basically everybody.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1974981#Comment_1974981

    I agree these discussions should be banned or at least moved to their own forums. It always ends the same way, despite most people not really having an issue with an LGBT character, some people with an agenda tend to hijack the narrative, they’ll say something and if you disagree they try to get you silenced for being a bigot.

    I can already see how it’s going to end now. camping an LGBT survivor will be seen as bigoted. If you try to argue how every survivor gets camped and its not specifically aimed at the LGBT character you’ll be called homophobic and silenced because it’s such an easy way to shut down anyone who disagrees with you

    If you camp tapp are you considered a racist?

  • @Angelicus23 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1975055#Comment_1975055

    Felix has been confirmed to be straight, we can have homo/bi people confirmed too

    yeah that's what I'm saying

  • @Pilot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1975031#Comment_1975031

    Yeah but that doesn't answer my question. Do I "ME" need to be influenced any further than accepting these kinds of people? That's my question. Being whatever, won't stop me from treating you like a fellow human being.

    You explained why representation is needed, for people similar to you to feel like home, feeling they have a place they can belong to... etc

    To me it sounds like you're trying to push your agenda onto me and others.

    "one day country laws will change and we will stop dying" - you're taking it to the extremes now...

    it's not extremes it's the actual reality in many countries and possibly in the future mine too, simply do research. I thank you if you understand representation is fine and everyone is welcome, but MANY people don't get it.

  • @ALostPuppy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1974987#Comment_1974987

    I swear they got a lot of crap for the way they handled Soldier 76's sexuality. Like a LOT, from basically everybody.

    I didn’t really see a problem with it but yeah they did.

  • @Angelicus23 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1975052#Comment_1975052

    I love to hear in your area the community is respected, really!

    I have to talk about mine now. My country is very traditional, and even if homosexual marriage and transgender surgeons are allowed, people keep being too traditional and there are political groups getting more and more votes, which is scaring me because these specifically want to remove our rights. I'm sorry for bringing politics in this comment, but people should know.

    Fun fact my society have been historically discriminate for speaking a different language and that's in Canada. Laws againt our language, deportation etc, we've seen it all.


    But yeah my 2 cent is that a character shouldn't be lgbtq+ just for the sake of it but if the lore/story is fleshed out and it's not his only "redeeming trait". If the devs don't have any good lore for and lgbtq+ character than I'd rather wait than have a ######### one.

  • @Mringasa said:

    The only place sexuality or gender belong is in the bedroom between consenting adults.

    Trying to throw it in everyone's face is a trash move designed to virtue signal or proclaim "I am cool so you should listen to me."

    This is a horror game, not a representation game. I have 0 issues with the background of a character being gay, straight, bi, or apache helicopter. That is their story, and should be treated as such. Not as some massive victory for some ridiculous political agenda. The only people who give a damn about representation are a bunch of weirdos on Twitter and some politicians who use it purely for political and monetary gain.

    If people would stop caring about inclusion, and simply accept the fact that everyone is different and equal, things would be a lot better in the world. Instead we get Cancel Culture, hate mobs, and hypocritical mouthpieces spouting hate speech and calling it equality.

    Keep your damn politics out of the game and accept each character for who they are. Someone reasonably unique and interesting who might have a neat story that you can relate to, or maybe a story that just piques your interest.

    Equality doesn't happen by telling people to shut up. It happens by throwing things that are different in their bigoted faces until it becomes normal and no-one can be bothered throwing it around any more.

    Don't believe me? Look at the womans rights movements. Look at racial and religious equality. And yes, look at LGBT equality and inclusion. And... Wow, would you believe it, all of those are still going on, and still being fought for, because not including diversity reinforces the current "norm".

    Personally, I'd like a few LGBT+ characters. So would much of the community. There's not really a reason not to include any, after all, and yet plenty of reasons for. So what's the problem with inclusion?

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1975026#Comment_1975026

    Equality doesn't happen by telling people to shut up. It happens by throwing things that are different in their bigoted faces until it becomes normal and no-one can be bothered throwing it around any more.

    Don't believe me? Look at the womans rights movements. Look at racial and religious equality. And yes, look at LGBT equality and inclusion. And... Wow, would you believe it, all of those are still going on, and still being fought for, because not including diversity reinforces the current "norm".

    Personally, I'd like a few LGBT+ characters. So would much of the community. There's not really a reason not to include any, after all, and yet plenty of reasons for. So what's the problem with inclusion?

    Yeah I can’t really see why people don’t want it as it doesn’t hinder the game in any way

  • I just think of this video on why representation matters.

    https://twitter.com/Friskkmkay/status/1326297399145476097?s=09


  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1975026#Comment_1975026

    Equality doesn't happen by telling people to shut up. It happens by throwing things that are different in their bigoted faces until it becomes normal and no-one can be bothered throwing it around any more.

    Don't believe me? Look at the womans rights movements. Look at racial and religious equality. And yes, look at LGBT equality and inclusion. And... Wow, would you believe it, all of those are still going on, and still being fought for, because not including diversity reinforces the current "norm".

    Personally, I'd like a few LGBT+ characters. So would much of the community. There's not really a reason not to include any, after all, and yet plenty of reasons for. So what's the problem with inclusion?

    And the golden medal goes to this comment. Thank you. <3

  • @bm33 said:

    I just think of this video on why representation matters.

    https://twitter.com/Friskkmkay/status/1326297399145476097?s=09

    Yeah that’s the one I mentioned in the other thread!

  • @Angelicus23 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1975029#Comment_1975029

    "Banned and excluded to different discussions" my post follows perfectly all the rules, get off. If I want to talk about the community homophobia and explain how representation is good, I perfectly can and you have no single reason to exclude us.

    See there we go again. “Exclude us”, like the forum is full of bigots wanting you out. That’s not true at all and I’m not sure you actually believe that but you’re trying to end the argument by making me out to be a massive bigot. It’s a very cheap and dishonest tactic.

    Ever heard the phrase “dont talk about religion or politics”? This is the same, it always ends up with very heated arguments and debates and I just feel like it should perhaps be moved to its own section where people can discuss it more seriously. The general discussions here is mostly people just chilling and you’re probably not going to get the kind of serious discussions you were hoping for.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1975045#Comment_1975045

    See there we go again. “Exclude us”, like the forum is full of bigots wanting you out. That’s not true at all and I’m not sure you actually believe that but you’re trying to end the argument by making me out to be a massive bigot. It’s a very cheap and dishonest tactic.

    Ever heard the phrase “dont talk about religion or politics”? This is the same, it always ends up with very heated arguments and debates and I just feel like it should perhaps be moved to its own section where people can discuss it more seriously. The general discussions here is mostly people just chilling and you’re probably not going to get the kind of serious discussions you were hoping for.

    This is about representation in a video game not politics

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1975045#Comment_1975045

    See there we go again. “Exclude us”, like the forum is full of bigots wanting you out. That’s not true at all and I’m not sure you actually believe that but you’re trying to end the argument by making me out to be a massive bigot. It’s a very cheap and dishonest tactic.

    Ever heard the phrase “dont talk about religion or politics”? This is the same, it always ends up with very heated arguments and debates and I just feel like it should perhaps be moved to its own section where people can discuss it more seriously. The general discussions here is mostly people just chilling and you’re probably not going to get the kind of serious discussions you were hoping for.

    the other dude literally asked us to stop being representative and you literally asked for a ban for us just because talking about lgbtiq+ which is not even politics, please get education. How isn't that excluding, tell me. I'm not breaking any rule.

  • @bm33 said:

    I just think of this video on why representation matters.

    https://twitter.com/Friskkmkay/status/1326297399145476097?s=09

    I love to still replay this, thanks for bringing it up here <3

  • @bm33 said:

    I just think of this video on why representation matters.

    https://twitter.com/Friskkmkay/status/1326297399145476097?s=09

    This video gets the point across but man is it really cringey

  • @Angelicus23 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1975098#Comment_1975098

    the other dude literally asked us to stop being representative and you literally asked for a ban for us just because talking about lgbtiq+ which is not even politics, please get education. How isn't that excluding, tell me. I'm not breaking any rule.

    I didnt ask for a ban for you specifically I was referring to their point about a ban on discussions. On reflection I think a separate sub-forum would be better because as I said you wont get the kind of discussions you’re hoping for here, case in point the ladyboy comment on the previous page.

    You want to talk about a very serious subject but this part of the forum is just trolls and memelords

  • @bm33 said:

    I just think of this video on why representation matters.

    https://twitter.com/Friskkmkay/status/1326297399145476097?s=09

    As a straight person, I don't look at any straight character and say 'hey that is me.' My sexuality is quite possibly one of the least defining features of me. In fact, I've been gaming for about 20 years now and I have yet to find a single character that's like me. I really don't understand where you're coming from. It's such a shallow way to look at someone by defining them solely by their sexuality. This is the crux of the argument, it adds nothing to the game and only seeks to virtue signal.

    Each human is so unique that there is a statistical improbability that you will even meet someone like you, even in a world of over 7 billion. Generalizing someone and putting them in a category that's only based on sexuality disregarding the 70,000,000,000,000 possible combinations of alleles that uniquely make up an individual human, and spits in the face of the human condition.

  • @bm33 said:

    I just think of this video on why representation matters.

    https://twitter.com/Friskkmkay/status/1326297399145476097?s=09

    That’s pretty much how I felt when I saw Jeff when I first got the game

  • It's just some angry dumb bigoted people, some supportive ones, but most people just don't give a hoot if I am being honest.

  • the comments are hilarious tbh, its like they are computer generated so generic and bland

  • In my opinion, it should've just been left out of the lore. You think David is gay? Awesome! You think Nea is asexual? Cool!

    The worst thing this game can have is token representation, where the character exists simply to check a box. I would hope that BHVR won't do that, but I've been wrong about companies before.

    Unfortunately, two of the top three religions in the world are very much against LGBTQ+ and their community. One of them more so than the other.

    I hate bringing religion into things, but it does tie directly into why a lot of people aren't accepting. I think one of my acquaintances from high school said this about his religious views on LGTBQ+ when one of my other friends came out. "I don't agree with it, and I can't sit by and tell you I do, but I also disagree with lying and I lie on a regular basis. It doesn't change how I feel about you at all, you certainly don't deserve any of the hatred you get from the world, so I guess I'll just have to love and support you more to make up for it."

    As a feminine looking guy who is not traditionally masculine, I've definitely been on the receiving end of some insults (usually from my parents) so I understand (in a small way) what those people go through. I couldn't imagine having the amount of hate they have thrown at me everyday. If BHVR adds a LGTBQ+ character into this game, there ARE going to be people who target that character specifically. There are also going to be people who get accused of being a bigot for tunneling that character. It's going to get...interesting.

  • @Pulsar said:

    In my opinion, it should've just been left out of the lore. You think David is gay? Awesome! You think Nea is asexual? Cool!

    The worst thing this game can have is token representation, where the character exists simply to check a box. I would hope that BHVR won't do that, but I've been wrong about companies before.

    Unfortunately, two of the top three religions in the world are very much against LGBTQ+ and their community. One of them more so than the other.

    I hate bringing religion into things, but it does tie directly into why a lot of people aren't accepting. I think one of my acquaintances from high school said this about his religious views on LGTBQ+ when one of my other friends came out. "I don't agree with it, and I can't sit by and tell you I do, but I also disagree with lying and I lie on a regular basis. It doesn't change how I feel about you at all, you certainly don't deserve any of the hatred you get from the world, so I guess I'll just have to love and support you more to make up for it."

    As a feminine looking guy who is not traditionally masculine, I've definitely been on the receiving end of some insults (usually from my parents) so I understand (in a small way) what those people go through. I couldn't imagine having the amount of hate they have thrown at me everyday. If BHVR adds a LGTBQ+ character into this game, there ARE going to be people who target that character specifically. There are also going to be people who get accused of being a bigot for tunneling that character. It's going to get...interesting.

    My head cannon is Dwight is gay because he is my adorable Twink elf and no one can take that away from me. 😅

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1975136#Comment_1975136

    My head cannon is Dwight is gay because he is my adorable Twink elf and no one can take that away from me. 😅

    And I think that's how it should be!

  • @Pulsar said:

    In my opinion, it should've just been left out of the lore. You think David is gay? Awesome! You think Nea is asexual? Cool!

    The worst thing this game can have is token representation, where the character exists simply to check a box. I would hope that BHVR won't do that, but I've been wrong about companies before.

    Unfortunately, two of the top three religions in the world are very much against LGBTQ+ and their community. One of them more so than the other.

    I hate bringing religion into things, but it does tie directly into why a lot of people aren't accepting. I think one of my acquaintances from high school said this about his religious views on LGTBQ+ when one of my other friends came out. "I don't agree with it, and I can't sit by and tell you I do, but I also disagree with lying and I lie on a regular basis. It doesn't change how I feel about you at all, you certainly don't deserve any of the hatred you get from the world, so I guess I'll just have to love and support you more to make up for it."

    As a feminine looking guy who is not traditionally masculine, I've definitely been on the receiving end of some insults (usually from my parents) so I understand (in a small way) what those people go through. I couldn't imagine having the amount of hate they have thrown at me everyday. If BHVR adds a LGTBQ+ character into this game, there ARE going to be people who target that character specifically. There are also going to be people who get accused of being a bigot for tunneling that character. It's going to get...interesting.

    I’m a bit unsure about adding it to pre existing survivors but making it part of a new one is great imo

  • @Pulsar said:

    In my opinion, it should've just been left out of the lore. You think David is gay? Awesome! You think Nea is asexual? Cool!

    The worst thing this game can have is token representation, where the character exists simply to check a box. I would hope that BHVR won't do that, but I've been wrong about companies before.

    Unfortunately, two of the top three religions in the world are very much against LGBTQ+ and their community. One of them more so than the other.

    I hate bringing religion into things, but it does tie directly into why a lot of people aren't accepting. I think one of my acquaintances from high school said this about his religious views on LGTBQ+ when one of my other friends came out. "I don't agree with it, and I can't sit by and tell you I do, but I also disagree with lying and I lie on a regular basis. It doesn't change how I feel about you at all, you certainly don't deserve any of the hatred you get from the world, so I guess I'll just have to love and support you more to make up for it."

    As a feminine looking guy who is not traditionally masculine, I've definitely been on the receiving end of some insults (usually from my parents) so I understand (in a small way) what those people go through. I couldn't imagine having the amount of hate they have thrown at me everyday. If BHVR adds a LGTBQ+ character into this game, there ARE going to be people who target that character specifically. There are also going to be people who get accused of being a bigot for tunneling that character. It's going to get...interesting.

    Exactly what I was saying!

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    It's just some angry dumb bigoted people, some supportive ones, but most people just don't give a hoot if I am being honest.

    Yeah that’s completely fair

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1975136#Comment_1975136

    I’m a bit unsure about adding it to pre existing survivors but making it part of a new one is great imo

    If it's done right, absolutely.

    Do I have that much faith in companies anymore? Not really.

    I think you might just be more of an optimist than me lol

‹ 1 2 3 … 5