How hard for the community is to get it

Really, some of you... Well A LOT OF YOU are really ######### disgusting. I'm sorry for the manners but it do be like that and that's a fact. There is no week where I miss the homophobe comment of someone insulting by using homophobe slurs like Jesus are you 10 years old or what, it's 2021 and people still use those, and the fact that you have a gay friend that allows you to use any slur or whatever is really not an excuse to be an absolute homophobe. Thank god chat filters are coming.

Now the point of the thread is about the reveal of the new killer/survivor body. A lot of people found it more like a masculine person with female clothes and that woke up the idea of a possible trans of non-binary character seen for the first time in the game, and honestly if that results being the game I'm going to hype up to space and further. My problem is: why do you have to complain about it?

These comments are taken from an Instagram dbd related account posting about the picture mentioned. I have no words to describe my feelings for these honestly, but I'll answer them. Do you want to know why we were silent 20 years ago? Wanna know why we are still doing voice worldwide? WE'RE STILL BEING SENTENCED TO DEATH, do your own research Jesus how hard is it to google about lgbtiq+ rights in other countries? And how can you not see the still ongoing rejection everywhere towards us by society?

Honestly I was always positioned in the idea of not caring about representation but now I feel it more important than ever. Please bhvr give us representation in Dead By Daylight

Also want to talk about comments like these:

It's too simple for anyone to get it and takes the barely use of 3 braincells but I'll answer anyway: CHARACTER TEXTURING/MODELING/LORE =|= PROGRAMMING. There are goddamn hundreds of workers at bhvr do you seriously think they stop keeping on tracking stats and get new gameplay ideas so all 500 or whatever workers get together to type a goddamn lore saying a survivor is non-binary? This community is something else.

TL;DR:

We need lgbtiq+ representation whether you feel it right or not because there's a big portion of this community that is just disgusting, and you can't justify GaMePlAy not to add it.

EDIT: I also added screenshots of people with super homophobe comments saying for example that gays are annoying and we should simply not be allowed to have representation in the game because it's horror genre, but they had to be deleted so no one hunts them down

Tagged: ModTrusted

Comments

  • @ZaKzan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1975095#Comment_1975095

    As a straight person, I don't look at any straight character and say 'hey that is me.' My sexuality is quite possibly one of the least defining features of me. In fact, I've been gaming for about 20 years now and I have yet to find a single character that's like me. I really don't understand where you're coming from. It's such a shallow way to look at someone by defining them solely by their sexuality. This is the crux of the argument, it adds nothing to the game and only seeks to virtue signal.

    Each human is so unique that there is a statistical improbability that you will even meet someone like you, even in a world of over 7 billion. Generalizing someone and putting them in a category that's only based on sexuality disregarding the 70,000,000,000,000 possible combinations of alleles that uniquely make up an individual human, and spits in the face of the human condition.

    I'm not the person in the video.

    You don't feel like you need representation, other people (like the woman in the video) do.

    I personally don't need representation in a video game but I'm not going to complain or knock those that do. I'm not in a position to need representation in a game because I'm not BIPOC or LGBT that generally gets left out.

    It's lore/skin. It's not game breaking. Let people have character that is really just a skin/lore that helps them feel included.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1975143#Comment_1975143

    If it's done right, absolutely.

    Do I have that much faith in companies anymore? Not really.

    I think you might just be more of an optimist than me lol

    I have said this in a previous comment but while not the same deathslinger’s lore shows the discrimination Irish people faced in America at the time which being an Irish person myself is very nice to see that shown

    I’m sure lgbt people would feel the same way

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1975149#Comment_1975149

    I have said this in a previous comment but while not the same deathslinger’s lore shows the discrimination Irish people faced in America at the time which being an Irish person myself is very nice to see that shown

    I’m sure lgbt people would feel the same way

    I feel like that lore is why I'll always have a soft spot for Deathslinger. 😂

  • @bm33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1975155#Comment_1975155

    I feel like that lore is why I'll always have a soft spot for Deathslinger. 😂

    Me too and it’s why I play him even though I can’t hit the broad side of a barn with him

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1975149#Comment_1975149

    I have said this in a previous comment but while not the same deathslinger’s lore shows the discrimination Irish people faced in America at the time which being an Irish person myself is very nice to see that shown

    I’m sure lgbt people would feel the same way

    True, but like you said, that's very different.

    The discrimination Irish-Americans faced during that time period was awful, as all discrimination is.

    But it isn't nearly as hot a topic as LGBTQ representation. Less room for error, ya know. If you get a minor thing about the discrimination Irish-Americans faced wrong, well, it probably won't blow up in your face. If you get something about the LGBTQ+ community wrong, people can and will run with it, simply to stir up controversy.

    Again, not saying that I'm against it, just some food for thought.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1975155#Comment_1975155

    True, but like you said, that's very different.

    The discrimination Irish-Americans faced during that time period was awful, as all discrimination is.

    But it isn't nearly as hot a topic as LGBTQ representation. Less room for error, ya know. If you get a minor thing about the discrimination Irish-Americans faced wrong, well, it probably won't blow up in your face. If you get something about the LGBTQ+ community wrong, people can and will run with it, simply to stir up controversy.

    Again, not saying that I'm against it, just some food for thought.

    Very true but I do have faith in BHVR here as they have lgbt employees and they’ve been working on this for awhile

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1975163#Comment_1975163

    Very true but I do have faith in BHVR here as they have lgbt employees and they’ve been working on this for awhile

    Well, I guess we'll see.

    I hope you are right.

  • @bm33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1975129#Comment_1975129

    I'm not the person in the video.

    You don't feel like you need representation, other people (like the woman in the video) do.

    I personally don't need representation in a video game but I'm not going to complain or knock those that do. I'm not in a position to need representation in a game because I'm not BIPOC or LGBT that generally gets left out.

    It's lore/skin. It's not game breaking. Let people have character that is really just a skin/lore that helps them feel included.

    Your sexuality doesn't represent who you are as a unique individual. Even if they create an LGBT character, they won't represent individual LGBT people, because every human is extremely unique and that uniqueness goes far beyond their sexuality. It doesn't make sense at all.

    I fail to see how this is inclusive. You are more than the color of your skin, you are more than what configuration your genitalia are, you are more than the type of person you like sexually. You fail to comprehend how utterly improbable it is that you even exist, you fail to understand how a nearly infinite number of factors go into shaping an individual human.

  • @ZaKzan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1975153#Comment_1975153

    Your sexuality doesn't represent who you are as a unique individual. Even if they create an LGBT character, they won't represent individual LGBT people, because every human is extremely unique and that uniqueness goes far beyond their sexuality. It doesn't make sense at all.

    I fail to see how this is inclusive. You are more than the color of your skin, you are more than what configuration your genitalia are, you are more than the type of person you like sexually. You fail to comprehend how utterly improbable it is that you even exist, you fail to understand how a nearly infinite number of factors go into shaping an individual human.

    Well obviously you’re different but it is still a character you can relate to

    Let’s say the character has been discriminated for their sexuality through their early years. A lot of people will relate to that and be happy that they have a character that has been through similar struggles.

    Or even certain physical attributes such as Jane or Jeff being bigger than the other characters is something some people relate to.

  • This is a touchy subject and first of all I would be very happy to have a lgbt character in DBD. 

    However, I can also understand that some people are annoyed to be constantly thumbed their noses at the issues and that every well-intentioned response likes to get twisted around in their mouths and queer people then like to feel attacked. It's a massive communication problem. 

    The community says they want to be equal - however, you shouldn't treat them equally, then you don't address their needs. Do you understand what I'm saying? Why everyone doesn't want to be on the topic? 


    A representative character would definitely be great, I'll probably play that one until I drop. 😉

  • Actually,

    how do we know who is and is not gay do to the fact outside of Characters from Licenses. We Do not know anyone's sexuality unless the devs tell us. And even then they made It clear they are gonna keep It Shhhh for quite a few reasons.


    For all anyone nows Ace is a bisexual and Meg has a thing for ladies. We don't know because that is not what is important. What is important is they gonna get hooked and why they are here in the entities realm.

    I mean, how do we know one of legion nerds are not gay? How do we know anything unless It is told...Only like what one character is confirmed to have a love interest and that is a nurse due to her lore being about her going crazy due to events.


    Also, I agree with Pilot because this is slowly getting out of hand here with this stuff..Nothing vs LGBT but I don't feel like in 4 years from now having to read about the united state voting system or how BHVR needs to Denounce some random youtuber for politics.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1975170#Comment_1975170

    Well obviously you’re different but it is still a character you can relate to

    Let’s say the character has been discriminated for their sexuality through their early years. A lot of people will relate to that and be happy that they have a character that has been through similar struggles.

    Or even certain physical attributes such as Jane or Jeff being bigger than the other characters is something some people relate to.

    So what about the LGBT people that weren't discriminated against or abused? Why can't you find room to represent those people? Do you see what a slippery slope this is, and it's rooted in just how unique every individual person is.

  • @ZaKzan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1975175#Comment_1975175

    So what about the LGBT people that weren't discriminated against or abused? Why can't you find room to represent those people? Do you see what a slippery slope this is, and it's rooted in just how unique every individual person is.

    Obviously there are lgbt people who would be different than the lgbt character in question but that doesn’t mean they can’t still relate to them in other ways.

    Obviously not every black women who plays Claudette is an introvert or a botanist but just having a black female character is nice to them you know?

    Just having a character who shares some traits to you is very nice even if they aren’t the exact same

  • @SaintDorks said:

    Actually,

    how do we know who is and is not gay do to the fact outside of Characters from Licenses. We Do not know anyone's sexuality unless the devs tell us. And even then they made It clear they are gonna keep It Shhhh for quite a few reasons.

    For all anyone nows Ace is a bisexual and Meg has a thing for ladies. We don't know because that is not what is important. What is important is they gonna get hooked and why they are here in the entities realm.

    I mean, how do we know one of legion nerds are not gay? How do we know anything unless It is told...Only like what one character is confirmed to have a love interest and that is a nurse due to her lore being about her going crazy due to events.

    Also, I agree with Pilot because this is slowly getting out of hand here with this stuff..Nothing vs LGBT but I don't feel like in 4 years from now having to read about the united state voting system or how BHVR needs to Denounce some random youtuber for politics.

    The survivors lore is obviously about them before the entities realm. For example jeffs life as a roadie to an artist

    What happens if the character being LGBT has a big impact on their life. Should we not include it?

    And as for legion aren’t frank and Julie in a relationship?

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1975183#Comment_1975183

    Obviously there are lgbt people who would be different than the lgbt character in question but that doesn’t mean they can’t still relate to them in other ways.

    Obviously not every black women who plays Claudette is an introvert or a botanist but just having a black female character is nice to them you know?

    Just having a character who shares some traits to you is very nice even if they aren’t the exact same

    But that character doesn't represent them at all. This is what I've been saying. You are more than the color of your skin, or your sexuality. What is not nice is to be defined who you are by the color of your skin or sexuality. I find that quite offensive. Attempting to represent people in that way is also extremely offensive.

  • @ZaKzan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1975188#Comment_1975188

    But that character doesn't represent them at all. This is what I've been saying. You are more than the color of your skin, or your sexuality. What is not nice is to be defined who you are by the color of your skin or sexuality. I find that quite offensive. Attempting to represent people in that way is also extremely offensive.

    True maybe you don’t relate to the character in any way but there’s no reason to oppose it since again some other people might relate to them

    The game has a diverse set of survivors with different stories and personalities so most people will find someone they relate to whether it be from physical appearance or the lives they’ve lived and if there still isn’t any they’re adding a new one every 3 months

  • @SaintDorks said:

    Actually,

    how do we know who is and is not gay do to the fact outside of Characters from Licenses. We Do not know anyone's sexuality unless the devs tell us. And even then they made It clear they are gonna keep It Shhhh for quite a few reasons.

    For all anyone nows Ace is a bisexual and Meg has a thing for ladies. We don't know because that is not what is important. What is important is they gonna get hooked and why they are here in the entities realm.

    I mean, how do we know one of legion nerds are not gay? How do we know anything unless It is told...Only like what one character is confirmed to have a love interest and that is a nurse due to her lore being about her going crazy due to events.

    Also, I agree with Pilot because this is slowly getting out of hand here with this stuff..Nothing vs LGBT but I don't feel like in 4 years from now having to read about the united state voting system or how BHVR needs to Denounce some random youtuber for politics.

    But that's the thing they have confirmed some characters to be straight like Felix has a girlfriend and even was going to be a father also Wraith and Nurse are supposed to be a couple.

    "Eventually, Felix's girlfriend announced that he was going to be a father."

    So people feel like they should represent everyone and really its only fair and shouldn't be an issue.


  • @Mringasa said:

    The only place sexuality or gender belong is in the bedroom between consenting adults.

    Trying to throw it in everyone's face is a trash move designed to virtue signal or proclaim "I am cool so you should listen to me."

    This is a horror game, not a representation game. I have 0 issues with the background of a character being gay, straight, bi, or apache helicopter. That is their story, and should be treated as such. Not as some massive victory for some ridiculous political agenda. The only people who give a damn about representation are a bunch of weirdos on Twitter and some politicians who use it purely for political and monetary gain.

    If people would stop caring about inclusion, and simply accept the fact that everyone is different and equal, things would be a lot better in the world. Instead we get Cancel Culture, hate mobs, and hypocritical mouthpieces spouting hate speech and calling it equality.

    Keep your damn politics out of the game and accept each character for who they are. Someone reasonably unique and interesting who might have a neat story that you can relate to, or maybe a story that just piques your interest.

    Sexuality is everywhere. Any time you've watched a show where there were two characters who were married with children, or in a relationship, you've seen sexuality out of the bedroom. Any time you've seen a couple making out aggressively or heard an innuendo, you've seen sexuality out of the bedroom. Heterosexuality is also sexuality.

    If you have 0 issues with the background of characters, why shouldn't DBD have an LGBTQ+ character? DBD already has sexual relationships in it - Felix had a girlfriend and a child. His lore doesn't include anything explicit or pornographic, and you don't even have to read it if you don't want to, it's simply background on a character that features a heterosexual relationship.

    Why isn't that trying to throw straightness into everyone's face?

    More people care about representation than are on twitter or vying for public support. There are people out there who aren't straight and who like to be around and see other people that are like themselves. Why is the only possible explanation for a non-straight/binary character that BHVR is trying to virtue signal? Is it not at all possible that they simply thought of a character that is gay/trans?

    Why can't we try to have a unique and interesting trans character with a neat story? Why does that become "keep your damn politics out of the game"?

  • @panernaners said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1975181#Comment_1975181

    But that's the thing they have confirmed some characters to be straight like Felix has a girlfriend and even was going to be a father also Wraith and Nurse are supposed to be a couple.

    "Eventually, Felix's girlfriend announced that he was going to be a father."

    So people feel like they should represent everyone and really its only fair and shouldn't be an issue.

    Well,######### never read his lore because he looked unintresting.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1975192#Comment_1975192

    True maybe you don’t relate to the character in any way but there’s no reason to oppose it since again some other people might relate to them

    The game has a diverse set of survivors with different stories and personalities so most people will find someone they relate to whether it be from physical appearance or the lives they’ve lived and if there still isn’t any they’re adding a new one every 3 months

    Which is fine. What I'm saying is that there's no point to cater to a specific type of person. The fact that the game does have a diverse set of survivors means that they are quite inclusive already, so complaining that they aren't inclusive is just untrue. I don't see how making tokens is productive at all.

  • @ZaKzan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1975196#Comment_1975196

    Which is fine. What I'm saying is that there's no point to cater to a specific type of person. The fact that the game does have a diverse set of survivors means that they are quite inclusive already, so complaining that they aren't inclusive is just untrue. I don't see how making tokens is productive at all.

    How is it a token? Is felix a token for straight people because he’s straight.

  • @ZaKzan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1975188#Comment_1975188

    But that character doesn't represent them at all. This is what I've been saying. You are more than the color of your skin, or your sexuality. What is not nice is to be defined who you are by the color of your skin or sexuality. I find that quite offensive. Attempting to represent people in that way is also extremely offensive.

    I very much agree. It's sad to see we're still at that point where people are only defined by their sex, race and sexuality and not by their personality.

    If I wanted a character that was like me in the game then I'd want them to share the same personality traits as me. Are they Enthusiastic? A pessimist? An Optimist? Etc. Things that define who they are as a person. The way they behave and what they believe.

    Wouldn't matter to me if they're black or white, male or female, gay or straight. None of that should be important when creating a character. None of those things are what define people. These things should come last when shaping a character.

    If people only see themselves and others for the colour of their skin, the people they're sexually attracted to and the reproductive organs they have then they are seeing things through the wrong eyes.

  • People fail to realize the devs also strive for diversity and recognition, which is why characters like Elodie and Yui exist.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1975207#Comment_1975207

    How is it a token? Is felix a token for straight people because he’s straight.

    Felix wasn't added solely to appease straight white males. That's the difference between a token and a genuine character.

  • @ZaKzan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1975213#Comment_1975213

    Felix wasn't added solely to appease straight white males. That's the difference between a token and a genuine character.

    True he wasn’t and neither is this character assuming they’re even lgbt anyway

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1975181#Comment_1975181

    The survivors lore is obviously about them before the entities realm. For example jeffs life as a roadie to an artist

    What happens if the character being LGBT has a big impact on their life. Should we not include it?

    And as for legion aren’t frank and Julie in a relationship?

    Half sure that is fan-cannon but Idk.

    Depends, since we are not 100% sure what brings people to the entities realm (why It is drawn to these people)...So, If It is handle the wrong way It could end up being called tokenism or worst demonizing..But, It is BHVR so idk how they gonna mess It up.

    On,top of that wearing obnoxiously bright clothing is usually a sign of the legendary "Toxic survivor"...Which is gonna cause a level of waah that might be unseen for ages to come.

  • @ZaKzan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1975213#Comment_1975213

    Felix wasn't added solely to appease straight white males. That's the difference between a token and a genuine character.

    if an LGBT char is added they don’t get solely added because of being LGBT. They will still have other defining traits mentioned in their lore, distinctive cosmetics, perks that don’t have anything to do with LGBT etc.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1975217#Comment_1975217

    if an LGBT char is added they don’t get solely added because of being LGBT. They will still have other defining traits mentioned in their lore, distinctive cosmetics, perks that don’t have anything to do with LGBT etc.

    Oh, god I hope so...If not a ######### storm will brew

  • @SaintDorks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1975191#Comment_1975191

    Half sure that is fan-cannon but Idk.

    Depends, since we are not 100% sure what brings people to the entities realm (why It is drawn to these people)...So, If It is handle the wrong way It could end up being called tokenism or worst demonizing..But, It is BHVR so idk how they gonna mess It up.

    On,top of that wearing obnoxiously bright clothing is usually a sign of the legendary "Toxic survivor"...Which is gonna cause a level of waah that might be unseen for ages to come.

    Well I mean elodie has bright cosmetics and I wouldn’t consider her a toxic survivor. Same goes for Adam.


    Also I do trust BHVR on this since a fair amount of their staff is LGBT and they’ve been working on this for awhile.

    If you haven’t read the legions archive it heavily implies that frank and Julie are interested in each other

  • @SaintDorks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1975221#Comment_1975221

    Oh, god I hope so...If not a ######### storm will brew

    I mean, by just looking in this thread I can almost guarantee the storm will brew either way..

  • As a gay man I disagree with the OP 100%. By forcing the devs into representation and diversity we stifle the free will of creatives and it creates ######### stereotypes in return.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1975222#Comment_1975222

    I mean, by just looking in this thread I can almost guarantee the storm will brew either way..

    Anytime lgbt representation is added to a video game this happens and it’s honestly very sad

  • Hey look, that's my comment at very bottom of the post!

    First off, let me say that I'm thoroughly insulted for having it so close to the comments displaying outright hatred for other people because of their sexuality. My comment and theirs are clearly the same.

    Second, you go on a rant about how easy it is to comprehend that lore isn't the same as programming, designing, etc. But didn't stop to think that maybe the reason why myself and others don't like your incessant need for diversity, (which the game already has in spades), is because the game is broken as hell. It doesn't need any more characters, straight or otherwise. We all know that the next update is going to break the game even more. And the fact that the character might have the arbitrary traits that you like isn't worth the cost of the game becoming even more unbalanced.

    This ludicrous demand for the most superficial and surface-level parts of the human identity to be added into DBD needs to stop. Everyone should be focusing on making the devs fix their ######### game. I wouldn't be nearly as resentful towards your mental character checkbox if the game was actually decently balanced.

  • @Orionbash said:

    As a gay man I disagree with the OP 100%. By forcing the devs into representation and diversity we stifle the free will of creatives and it creates ######### stereotypes in return.

    Who forces them though?

    they have mentioned several times they want to add LGBT chars and that their previous stand on it has changed.

    not adding LGBT is actually restricting the creativity greatly and why would you just assume they will be stereotyped anyway? Nothing points to that..

  • @SirCracken said:

    Hey look, that's my comment at very bottom of the post!

    First off, let me say that I'm thoroughly insulted for having it so close to the comments displaying outright hatred for other people because of their sexuality. My comment and theirs are clearly the same.

    Second, you go on a rant about how easy it is to comprehend that lore isn't the same as programming, designing, etc. But didn't stop to think that maybe the reason why myself and others don't like your incessant need for diversity, (which the game already has in spades), is because the game is broken as hell. It doesn't need any more characters, straight or otherwise. We all know that the next update is going to break the game even more. And the fact that the character might have the arbitrary traits that you like isn't worth the cost of the game becoming even more unbalanced.

    This ludicrous demand for the most superficial and surface-level parts of the human identity to be added into DBD needs to stop. Everyone should be focusing on making the devs fix their ######### game. I wouldn't be nearly as resentful towards your mental character checkbox if the game was actually decently balanced.

    What are the lore and art team gonna do when they can’t make new characters? Make new cosmetics so you can complain about them monetising too much?

  • Wow I wasn’t expecting all of this when I opened this thread.

    I’d just like to throw in my piece though and that’s that I am fine if they include a lgbtq+ character into the game, and glad for the community if they do so.

    I guess there are many out there who politicise the issue and jump on the bandwagon and such and virtue signal and all that, and I guess we can argue about all that. But I’d just like to say that I am perfectly ok with lgbtq+ people making themselves known in my community and welcome it in the game.

  • @ZaKzan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1975153#Comment_1975153

    Your sexuality doesn't represent who you are as a unique individual. Even if they create an LGBT character, they won't represent individual LGBT people, because every human is extremely unique and that uniqueness goes far beyond their sexuality. It doesn't make sense at all.

    I fail to see how this is inclusive. You are more than the color of your skin, you are more than what configuration your genitalia are, you are more than the type of person you like sexually. You fail to comprehend how utterly improbable it is that you even exist, you fail to understand how a nearly infinite number of factors go into shaping an individual human.

    I'm hoping the "you" is generalized otherwise you're making assumptions about what I comprehend and understand.

    Representation doesn't mean exact copies, rather similar characteristics. The woman in the video is not exactly like Elodie, they just share similar characteristics that she had yet to see represented in games. She finally has a character she can identify with. Adding representation helps make people from marginalized communities feel included.

    Saying "race, gender, orientation, religion, etc. doesn't matter" is a nice sentiment but it DOES matter to those that are discriminated because of those reasons. Representation helps normalize those and lessen discrimination. Representation also gives those people someone they can identify with and not feel left out.

    I suggest researching why representation matters to get a better understanding of why those in marginalized groups would want someone with similar characteristics they can identify with added to their media.

  • @Orionbash said:

    As a gay man I disagree with the OP 100%. By forcing the devs into representation and diversity we stifle the free will of creatives and it creates ######### stereotypes in return.

    Tbf we aren’t really forcing them here and we never have. Every character so far( barring licenced and felix) are left up to the player to have their own head canon about their sexuality

    If the devs want to make an lgbt character they are going to whether we tell them to or not

  • This content has been removed.
  • Just to pop in quickly: Please try to not attack each other. This is a sensitive topic for many and people can have different opinions, just try to have a civil and respectful discussion about it, thank you!

  • I don’t care who the survivor is, I just want to know who the killer is, all a new survivor is to me is a new survivor to mori, preferably with the new killer >:)

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1975236#Comment_1975236

    Who forces them though?

    they have mentioned several times they want to add LGBT chars and that their previous stand on it has changed.

    not adding LGBT is actually restricting the creativity greatly and why would you just assume they will be stereotyped anyway? Nothing points to that..

    The community does. Don't be dumb. In 2021 its all the rage that if SJWs don't get what they want they bombard companies with threats of boycotts or general abuse. BHVR stated once that they wanted players to come up with their own ideas for character's sexuality. Then after months of abuse BHVR backpedalled. I didn't fight for gay rights in the 00s for the LGBT youth of today to become the oppressors. My generation fought for tolerance, NOT forced acceptance. And that's exactly what's going on in social justice land.

    Really? Lol. If you force a company to make the gay character they're gonna give you the GAAAAAAAY character.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1975236#Comment_1975236

    Tbf we aren’t really forcing them here and we never have. Every character so far( barring licenced and felix) are left up to the player to have their own head canon about their sexuality

    If the devs want to make an lgbt character they are going to whether we tell them to or not

    Months and months of demanding and harrassement towards the devs to include an LGBT character isn't forcing them to? K. And no, that's not true. The devs once stated they wanted the player to come up with their own sexuality for characters. But after that statement they were flooded with harrassement and were forced to backpedal.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1975239#Comment_1975239

    What are the lore and art team gonna do when they can’t make new characters? Make new cosmetics so you can complain about them monetising too much?

    So the game should be continuously updated and be further broken and unbalanced just so the lore and art team have something to do?

  • @Orionbash said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1975250#Comment_1975250

    Months and months of demanding and harrassement towards the devs to include an LGBT character isn't forcing them to? K. And no, that's not true. The devs once stated they wanted the player to come up with their own sexuality for characters. But after that statement they were flooded with harrassement and were forced to backpedal.

    No they said that then went back on their word by making characters with defined sexuality's and now people want their sexuality's represented too its not that hard.

  • @Orionbash said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1975250#Comment_1975250

    Months and months of demanding and harrassement towards the devs to include an LGBT character isn't forcing them to? K. And no, that's not true. The devs once stated they wanted the player to come up with their own sexuality for characters. But after that statement they were flooded with harrassement and were forced to backpedal.

    They still don’t have to anyway. At this point BHVR are pretty used to critics so I’m sure it wouldn’t effect them.

    While I don’t agree with harassing them asking for more representation is completely fine

  • @panernaners said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1975275#Comment_1975275

    No they said that then went back on their word by making characters with defined sexuality's and now people want their sexuality's represented too its not that hard.

    Yeah. After months of abuse from SJWs. Jesus.

  • @SirCracken said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1975246#Comment_1975246

    So the game should be continuously updated and be further broken and unbalanced just so the lore and art team have something to do?

    O but the team should be able to continue to make the content they are supposed to while the bug fix and QA team(if they even have one) do theirs

    Anyway without new content most of us would leave as it keeps the game fresh

  • so they made straight characters after month of abuse that's what you're saying

1 2 3 4 5