The DS change looks good but...

To be honest, I'm just worried that after the nerf there will be A LOT of matches where no one is running DS, the killers will see no obsession, and tunnel everyone to death.

All I'm asking for is to make one survivor the obsession every match, regardless of what perks are being used.

...and maybe bump up the stun from 5 sec. to 6 sec., because, lets be real, 5 sec. x 4 m/s = 20 m

A nurse can eat the DS and blink that distance no problem. Is it too much to ask to give the survivors 4 more meters?

Discuss

Comments

  • That's gonna be a hard no from me to anything that increase any stun duration for any reason.

  • I'd be up for the first point, as for the second one however, while you can make that point with Nurse, you can also make the point with a killer like Legion, who can't do anything to catch up.

  • Obsession in every game - yes. Should also not be a problem with the Changes for DS, except the Killer wants to tunnel of course. But since you cannot progress any Objectives anymore after the change (Killers like to call it a "true anti-tunnel perk" at this point, even if it isnt), there is not really a problem to "fear" DS.

    Regarding a longer stun - no. It is indeed a problem that Killers like Nurse or Spirit dont care at all for the Stun, which is bad that the strongest Killers are not that much affected by DS. However, increasing the Stun would also make it more difficult for Killers like Trapper.

    I would rather remove all Scratchmarks and Bloodtrails during the 5 second Stun-Duration. This would also mean that a Killer like Nurse has to locate the Survivor before going after them.

  • i do agree with the obsession every game thing but i disagree with the stun duration.

    anyone who argues against having an obsession every game just wants to tunnel for free.

  • Use the ds. Problem solved.

  • Obsession every game, yes please.

  • @ilovedbd123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1955876#Comment_1955876

    How is it not now a true anti tunnel perk? Id like to go into detail on that as you seem to base your argument at first on.

    I agree with the last part however, I think in fact make it 10s of no blood trails and scratch marks. This would definitely be a good change in my eyes.

    The middle part is balanced, I like it but I suggested in an earlier comment the trade off that could be made for a longer stun.

    Because you can still get tunneled. That you get slugged for the minute or chased for the minute does not mean that you did not get tunneled, just because the DS ran out. Something like increasing the timer would be an option here. Thats my only issue, I dont want to be back on the hook after chased for a minute, yes, the Killers time was wasted, but that does not really change the fact that the Survivor did not do anything else than getting tunneled.


    Regarding the Stun, like I said, it is a problem that the strongest Killers are not really affected by it, but changing the Stun Duration would not be a good option. Especially since OPs 1 extra second would do nothing against a Nurse, it would have need to be like 10 second stun, but this is not reasonable at all.

  • @ilovedbd123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1955876#Comment_1955876

    How is it not now a true anti tunnel perk? Id like to go into detail on that as you seem to base your argument at first on.

    I agree with the last part however, I think in fact make it 10s of no blood trails and scratch marks. This would definitely be a good change in my eyes.

    The middle part is balanced, I like it but I suggested in an earlier comment the trade off that could be made for a longer stun.

    10 seconds of no blood trails or scratch marks? 10s x 4m/s = 40 m! That's way excessive, even if it was agreed that DS needs a buff (it doesn't)

  • @ilovedbd123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/228615/the-ds-change-looks-good-but

    I've had this discussion before so I'll jump to the conclusion and give a brief overview.

    The obsession is information, giving an obsession to the survivors for free removes information for the killer. This means that there has to be a trade off.

    If you cannot balance the trade of (my opinion being able to have 2 survivors as obsessions ) and give information to the killer to replace this then I don't think it should occur.

    Camping makes a killer lose, so to do this to make your life easier means that you have to give something In return.

    I've debated this at length on another post, but I don't think you can balance it and still remove the disadvantage of less information for the killer by giving them an advantage, and this means you shouldn't do it.

    People, take note. This in a perfect example of an incoherent thought being typed out.

    This is not a joke. Please soberly sit back for a few moments, gather your thoughts, grab some coffee if you need to, come back with a clear idea and write it out, because I would like to understand what you are talking about, I really would.

  • @ilovedbd123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/228615/the-ds-change-looks-good-but

    I've had this discussion before so I'll jump to the conclusion and give a brief overview.

    The obsession is information, giving an obsession to the survivors for free removes information for the killer. This means that there has to be a trade off.

    If you cannot balance the trade of (my opinion being able to have 2 survivors as obsessions ) and give information to the killer to replace this then I don't think it should occur.

    Camping makes a killer lose, so to do this to make your life easier means that you have to give something In return.

    I've debated this at length on another post, but I don't think you can balance it and still remove the disadvantage of less information for the killer by giving them an advantage, and this means you shouldn't do it.

    Camping doesn't make the Killer lose if done properly.. if anything it guarantees a win.

    Kill 1 survivor

    Camp the 2nd

    The 3rd comes for the rescue

    4th sits on a gen/looks for totems or worse they also attempt to go for the save.

  • I think if there's always an obsession tunnelling killers will always take the risk of DS.

    Whereas if some old perks were made into obsession perks I feel like the fear of DS still holds. My idea was to make either Borrowed Time or Unbreakable an obsession perk.

    Unbreakable - works the same as normal except when you pick yourself up you become the obsession and reveal your aura for 3 seconds.

    Borrowed Time - works the same as normal except if your the obsession you unhook survivors 50% faster.

  • @ilovedbd123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/228615/the-ds-change-looks-good-but

    Also if you increase the stun, again a massive thing ( 2 seconds or more=10m for finding a decent loop) then you need to give something, because that's unnecessary. What would you suggest, because I can't think of anything. My suggestion would be increase the stun to 7 seconds, make the skill check slightly more difficult and if they miss they lose some time on the hook.

    @Aven_Fallen said:

    Obsession in every game - yes. Should also not be a problem with the Changes for DS, except the Killer wants to tunnel of course. But since you cannot progress any Objectives anymore after the change (Killers like to call it a "true anti-tunnel perk" at this point, even if it isnt), there is not really a problem to "fear" DS.

    Regarding a longer stun - no. It is indeed a problem that Killers like Nurse or Spirit dont care at all for the Stun, which is bad that the strongest Killers are not that much affected by DS. However, increasing the Stun would also make it more difficult for Killers like Trapper.

    I would rather remove all Scratchmarks and Bloodtrails during the 5 second Stun-Duration. This would also mean that a Killer like Nurse has to locate the Survivor before going after them.

    @chadbeastofprey said:

    i do agree with the obsession every game thing but i disagree with the stun duration.

    anyone who argues against having an obsession every game just wants to tunnel for free.

    @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1955889#Comment_1955889

    Because you can still get tunneled. That you get slugged for the minute or chased for the minute does not mean that you did not get tunneled, just because the DS ran out. Something like increasing the timer would be an option here. Thats my only issue, I dont want to be back on the hook after chased for a minute, yes, the Killers time was wasted, but that does not really change the fact that the Survivor did not do anything else than getting tunneled.

    Regarding the Stun, like I said, it is a problem that the strongest Killers are not really affected by it, but changing the Stun Duration would not be a good option. Especially since OPs 1 extra second would do nothing against a Nurse, it would have need to be like 10 second stun, but this is not reasonable at all.

    I understand the concern about increasing the stun duration, but it sounds like you're still thinking about current DS, let me explain.

    Think of the new DS, it is a true anti-tunnel perk. The killer will ONLY get DSed from actually tunneling, and rightfully should be punished. Simply, risk for reward.

    In this aspect, as a killer, if you don't tunnel, you will never see DS again, think about that. If you still wish to tunnel AND the survivor has the perk equipped, you take a hard hit.

  • @CashelP14 said:

    I think if there's always an obsession tunnelling killers will always take the risk of DS.

    Whereas if some old perks were made into obsession perks I feel like the fear of DS still holds. My idea was to make either Borrowed Time or Unbreakable an obsession perk.

    Unbreakable - works the same as normal except when you pick yourself up you become the obsession and reveal your aura for 3 seconds.

    Borrowed Time - works the same as normal except if your the obsession you unhook survivors 50% faster.

    This is interesting. This would also, pretty much guaranty that there is an obsession every match, so why not just go ahead and make someone the obsession every match anyways, you know?

  • Bring DS, problem solved. Why should you benefit from the perk without bringing it?

    The killer can always take a gamble and decide to tunnel you, afterall you either have the perk or you dont. When the killer knows you dont have it they’ll tunnel you out anyway.

    This is why I dislike survivors that expect everyone else to take DS for them. Because if the killer takes a gamble you’re going to go out at 3 or 4 gens and screw the team

  • @then4321 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1955871#Comment_1955871

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1955876#Comment_1955876

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1955880#Comment_1955880

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1955902#Comment_1955902

    I understand the concern about increasing the stun duration, but it sounds like you're still thinking about current DS, let me explain.

    Think of the new DS, it is a true anti-tunnel perk. The killer will ONLY get DSed from actually tunneling, and rightfully should be punished. Simply, risk for reward.

    In this aspect, as a killer, if you don't tunnel, you will never see DS again, think about that. If you still wish to tunnel AND the survivor has the perk equipped, you take a hard hit.

    With that said then it should be more punishing....I dont really care for the 5 sec stun but when u put it like that then why people care about increasing the stun? Its correct that only those who tunnel get punished and for that he should be punished more so he doesnt even think of tunneling... but then again, they can tunnel you, u lose a lot of time of DS in the chase and then they just leave you slug... the timer still should be longer and the stun as well to be really counted as the REAL anti-tunnel as the DS deactivates when doing stuff and no survivor if not tunneled will be sitting and doing nothing just to save the DS... so if they want to remove DS with any action, then they as well can just prolong the timer and increase the stun to really stop killers from tunneling. Win-win.


    Because lets be real... if u dont tunnel then u dont care about DS at all as other survivors just heal the unhooked one immediately so they lose DS right there... u dont have to care for DS at all at this point. But IF u tunnel u always go back to the hook unless u are camping and waiting near by. U go straight for the unhooked one to get one hit down. With the current DS it takes a little bit of time to down them so u only have to wait approximately 40 sec to pick them up (or even less depending on the chase), its not enough for other survivors to pick them up if u decide to chase in the meantime other survivor and then go right back to pick them up. U always get ur prize and not getting punished. If the timer is however prolonged and the stun from it as well, then the killer either takes the risk of getting stunned for real and losing their prize as they can get away or they have to wait a looong time (maybe 90sec would be fine) to pick them up, which is either enough for others to pick u up or do some gen work while killer is just waiting for the DS to go down, so no killer will ever want to lose either their prize (from being stunned) nor getting gen rush just to get one survivor. And if they do, then they finally get REALLY punished.


    And with this in mind there shouldn't be obsession in every game unless u bring obsession perks. But if they keep it like this then IDC about that either because its not punishing enough so whatever :D

  • If people drop DS because they can't abuse it anymore, then that's on them. DS still remains, at its core, an anti tunneling perk. If they drop it because they can't abuse it, then they weren't worried about tunneling in the first place. So, no loss there.

  • @then4321 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1956920#Comment_1956920

    This is interesting. This would also, pretty much guaranty that there is an obsession every match, so why not just go ahead and make someone the obsession every match anyways, you know?

    Because of the chances of their being a DS in the lobby. If their is an obsession in every game then killers who like to tunnel will always tunnel imo.

    However if they know there is only a few perks that create an obsession then seeing an obsession means a lot more. I wouldn't make both unbreakable and borrowed time obsession perks but maybe just one of them.

  • Only add obsession state to the base game if it there is an effect to its presence.

    I wouldnt mind various minor negative effects for the obsession. As it stands now, becoming the obsesdion is neither drawback or of consequence to survivors.

  • They should just add an obsession to every match even without obsession perks. You also get more BP if there's an obsession.

  • @Ivaldi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1955860#Comment_1955860

    Camping doesn't make the Killer lose if done properly.. if anything it guarantees a win.

    Kill 1 survivor

    Camp the 2nd

    The 3rd comes for the rescue

    4th sits on a gen/looks for totems or worse they also attempt to go for the save.

    If it isn't down to the last two gens that need to be done and someone is already out of the game with another on the hook you're already winning without camping at that point.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    Obsession in every game - yes. Should also not be a problem with the Changes for DS, except the Killer wants to tunnel of course. But since you cannot progress any Objectives anymore after the change (Killers like to call it a "true anti-tunnel perk" at this point, even if it isnt), there is not really a problem to "fear" DS.

    Regarding a longer stun - no. It is indeed a problem that Killers like Nurse or Spirit dont care at all for the Stun, which is bad that the strongest Killers are not that much affected by DS. However, increasing the Stun would also make it more difficult for Killers like Trapper.

    I would rather remove all Scratchmarks and Bloodtrails during the 5 second Stun-Duration. This would also mean that a Killer like Nurse has to locate the Survivor before going after them.

    The thing with Nurse is, if she wants you out of the game (and if She's good enough) you'll be regardless of DS, even without scratches...

    I'm playing a lot of Nurse in the last month to main her, and I'm trying hard not to tunnel (not too much, don't ask me to be kind when gens are being slammed hard since I try not to use slow down perks to play her agressively) but every time that I get that "darn tunneled" the survivor who's healed and doing a gen, I really don't care since after the DS I just hear where he's running (a headset is a "must" for Nurse) and blink in that direction regardless, since survivors will try to block LoS either way...

  • @ilovedbd123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1956908#Comment_1956908

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1956898#Comment_1956898

    @Ivaldi if you are any rank above green, a 2k is all you can secure with camping.on top of this the killer often depips due to the fact you haven't done anything else in the game so lack points in the other 3 categories. In lower tanks where people don't know how to combat this correctly, yes it will be a problem and will lead to a loss. But that does not make it that camping is op, just that people don't tend to play around it.

    @then4321 people take note, this is the biggest pivot I've seen in my life. I was sober and had collected my thoughts but if it was too much for you to understand, let me rephrase it in an easier light for you. To give an obsession every game would be taking away information from the killer, so to offset the disadvantage of not having said information, they need to give something to the killer. This is not balancing, it's just life style changes in dbd. Therefore it's not a necessary change. If you want this, you need some downside to it. My suggestion on other sites is that there should be a max 2 obsessions, but that didn't seem reasonable. Therefore, this change shouldn't happen, as you cannot perform a fair trade off.

    lol "I was sober" uhhh, look up the definition of soberly, you thinking I was referring to inebriation is hysterical 🤣

    Oh, and "disadvantage of not having said information..." you are WAY over thinking things. Dbd isn't chess, buddy, mmkay?

    Of course you're two obsessions idea doesn't seem reasonable, IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE! Driving my point exactly, thanks.

  • @then4321 said:

    To be honest, I'm just worried that after the nerf there will be A LOT of matches where no one is running DS, the killers will see no obsession, and tunnel everyone to death.

    All I'm asking for is to make one survivor the obsession every match, regardless of what perks are being used.

    ...and maybe bump up the stun from 5 sec. to 6 sec., because, lets be real, 5 sec. x 4 m/s = 20 m

    A nurse can eat the DS and blink that distance no problem. Is it too much to ask to give the survivors 4 more meters?

    Discuss

    People will still run DS. The primary function of the Perk hasn't changed.

  • @then4321 said:

    To be honest, I'm just worried that after the nerf there will be A LOT of matches where no one is running DS, the killers will see no obsession, and tunnel everyone to death.

    All I'm asking for is to make one survivor the obsession every match, regardless of what perks are being used.

    ...and maybe bump up the stun from 5 sec. to 6 sec., because, lets be real, 5 sec. x 4 m/s = 20 m

    A nurse can eat the DS and blink that distance no problem. Is it too much to ask to give the survivors 4 more meters?

    Discuss

    Nope, definitely a nope from me.

    I already don't run ds so I won't miss it nor would I need it, if the killer tunnels me then I'm fine with that.

    Let's be honest, how many nurses do you still see?

    Not much I believe.

    And 20m is more than enough to get at a safely to get to a safe loop.

    To correct your math a bit, that is 20m as soon as you are able to move as killer again.

    So by the time he catch up, you could almost be on the opposite side of the map (not the big one's)

    So 5s is more than enough, be grateful that they nerfed enduring so it doesn't reduce the ds stun anymore.

  • @then4321 said:

    To be honest, I'm just worried that after the nerf there will be A LOT of matches where no one is running DS, the killers will see no obsession, and tunnel everyone to death.

    All I'm asking for is to make one survivor the obsession every match, regardless of what perks are being used.

    ...and maybe bump up the stun from 5 sec. to 6 sec., because, lets be real, 5 sec. x 4 m/s = 20 m

    A nurse can eat the DS and blink that distance no problem. Is it too much to ask to give the survivors 4 more meters?

    Discuss

    People are still gonna run ds people still run noed when it became a hex and ruin when it got nerfed.

    you just brought up an issue that is in the game right now and there are perks to make an obsession on both sides

    Ps if you are really worried about your teammate that much you would walk away from the hook and run bt

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/228615/the-ds-change-looks-good-but

    People will still run DS. The primary function of the Perk hasn't changed.

    That's the funny thing I like about most people who complain about the ds change.

    They think it is such a massive nerf and makes the perk next to useless.

    The only thing it does is making it so you can't abuse it anymore that much.

    These complaints about the change are so funny 🤣

  • I mean it wouldn't make sense to have an obsession with no obsession perks. Its rare to go without an obsession in the game its more common with low ranks. But you're right tunneling will happen more with no obsession. However just because one killer can catch a survivor faster doesn't mean the stun should be increased. Most killers don't have an ability to quickly catch a survivor.

  • @Dennis_van_eijk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/228615/the-ds-change-looks-good-but

    Nope, definitely a nope from me.

    I already don't run ds so I won't miss it nor would I need it, if the killer tunnels me then I'm fine with that.

    Let's be honest, how many nurses do you still see?

    Not much I believe.

    And 20m is more than enough to get at a safely to get to a safe loop.

    To correct your math a bit, that is 20m as soon as you are able to move as killer again.

    So by the time he catch up, you could almost be on the opposite side of the map (not the big one's)

    So 5s is more than enough, be grateful that they nerfed enduring so it doesn't reduce the ds stun anymore.

    Let's see.. at rank 1 with 4k hours, you better believe I see quite a few Nurses, I'll tell you what lol

    "almost be on the opposite side of the map" 😂 yeah, bro, it's reeeealy obvious that you do NOT run DS, cause that statement is faaaar outside of reality lol

    Also, the funny thing is around 95% of the time, I don't run DS either. I'm not worried about me, I do fine in chase, but even RIGHT NOW when there is no obsession in the match, killers tunnel the living heck out of everyone, not fun.

    This is just a simple suggestion to a simple problem.

  • @Dennis_van_eijk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1957945#Comment_1957945

    That's the funny thing I like about most people who complain about the ds change.

    They think it is such a massive nerf and makes the perk next to useless.

    The only thing it does is making it so you can't abuse it anymore that much.

    These complaints about the change are so funny 🤣

    But now it’s a pointless perk in most games. Tunneling is quite common, I see it in probably about 20-30% of red rank games as a survivor. But that’s 20-30% tunnelling happening to ‘a’ survivor, to me personally it probably happens 10% of games. That means with the new DS, bringing it does nothing at all for 90% of games.

    Then you decide not to bring it because it does nothing, so there’s no obsession in the game, and shock you get tunnelled because the killer sees it. It will become quite a pointless perk most of the time

  • I already get games where no one is running DS. Most of the time, the killer doesn't go out of their way to tunnel.

    But at high ranks killers tend to play as if DS is in play regardless of an obsession icon.

  • @Mugombo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1957981#Comment_1957981

    But now it’s a pointless perk in most games. Tunneling is quite common, I see it in probably about 20-30% of red rank games as a survivor. But that’s 20-30% tunnelling happening to ‘a’ survivor, to me personally it probably happens 10% of games. That means with the new DS, bringing it does nothing at all for 90% of games.

    Then you decide not to bring it because it does nothing, so there’s no obsession in the game, and shock you get tunnelled because the killer sees it. It will become quite a pointless perk most of the time

    THANK YOU, you get my point exactly. ^ THIS everyone, THIS ^

  • @Mugombo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1957981#Comment_1957981

    But now it’s a pointless perk in most games. Tunneling is quite common, I see it in probably about 20-30% of red rank games as a survivor. But that’s 20-30% tunnelling happening to ‘a’ survivor, to me personally it probably happens 10% of games. That means with the new DS, bringing it does nothing at all for 90% of games.

    Then you decide not to bring it because it does nothing, so there’s no obsession in the game, and shock you get tunnelled because the killer sees it. It will become quite a pointless perk most of the time

    It does the SAME thing it did before in regards to being anti-tunnel. What are you on about?

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1958010#Comment_1958010

    It does the SAME thing it did before in regards to being anti-tunnel. What are you on about?

    Where did I see it doesn’t do the SAME thing it did before in regards to anti-tunnel? What are you on about?

  • @Mugombo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1958026#Comment_1958026

    Where did I see it doesn’t do the SAME thing it did before in regards to anti-tunnel? What are you on about?

    If the Perk does the same thing in regards to anti-tunnel, and the only change is you can't use it to work objectives in the Killer's face, then there is not significant change to the Perk. The only people abusing it to work objectives in the Killer's face were coordinated SWF. The same people who took it for anti-tunnel before, will continue to take it. The only difference is we might not see SWF with all four carrying DS anymore. Good riddance.

  • @then4321 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1957966#Comment_1957966

    Let's see.. at rank 1 with 4k hours, you better believe I see quite a few Nurses, I'll tell you what lol

    "almost be on the opposite side of the map" 😂 yeah, bro, it's reeeealy obvious that you do NOT run DS, cause that statement is faaaar outside of reality lol

    Also, the funny thing is around 95% of the time, I don't run DS either. I'm not worried about me, I do fine in chase, but even RIGHT NOW when there is no obsession in the match, killers tunnel the living heck out of everyone, not fun.

    This is just a simple suggestion to a simple problem.

    Rank 1 on both side with 3.5k hours so what? and it could be that on your platform you do see nurses.

    Maybe it is just because of the new tomb that you see a lot of nurses who knows?

    And it seems you only read what you want to read appearantly, because it was just a matter of speaking as I allready told you before with the distance in meters.

    I just had a game with no obsession.

    Did he tunnel anyone?

    Nope not even close.

    Sure there are a lot of killers out there who does tunnel, with or without and obsession.

    You really think this small tweak to the perk is going to get such a huge impact?

    Barely anything is gonna change about playstyles.

    Killers who tunnel, camp or slug won't most likely not gonna change.

    Killers who go for chases, I think I'm pretty on point with this, 99.9% will still keep playing the same way.

    Survivors will still run DS who allready relied on it or just want to use it.

    The only ones who are going to have a different playstyle are the ones who abused it.

    The solution is simple, but it hurts the other side way more.

    5s stun is more than enough to get to a safe loop and that is how it should be.

    And to be more exact, as you seem to take things very literally, after a ds stun you're abour 40ish meters away when he catch up with you again, unless your not playing smart and not counting nurse

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1958042#Comment_1958042

    If the Perk does the same thing in regards to anti-tunnel, and the only change is you can't use it to work objectives in the Killer's face, then there is not significant change to the Perk. The only people abusing it to work objectives in the Killer's face were coordinated SWF. The same people who took it for anti-tunnel before, will continue to take it. The only difference is we might not see SWF with all four carrying DS anymore. Good riddance.

    Would you like to actually read what I wrote first before replying to me? I don’t care about the old DS, I never used it and only just got the perk in this shrine. I’m talking about the new DS and how it won’t have any use in 90% of games

  • @Mugombo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1957981#Comment_1957981

    But now it’s a pointless perk in most games. Tunneling is quite common, I see it in probably about 20-30% of red rank games as a survivor. But that’s 20-30% tunnelling happening to ‘a’ survivor, to me personally it probably happens 10% of games. That means with the new DS, bringing it does nothing at all for 90% of games.

    Then you decide not to bring it because it does nothing, so there’s no obsession in the game, and shock you get tunnelled because the killer sees it. It will become quite a pointless perk most of the time

    Mate I see plenty of games where there is no obsession and the killer doesn't tunnel.

    Killers that do tunnel don't care whether there is a obsession or not, they are gonna tunnel anyway.

    If you are so scared of getting tunnelled when there is no obsession than just equip a obsession perk.

    You really wanna get tunneled, run no mither without iron will.

    Believe me, THEN you get tunnelled.

    And believe me, that's a lot of fun for real.

    Well for me it is.

    Bottom line is nothing is gonna change

  • @Mugombo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1958062#Comment_1958062

    Would you like to actually read what I wrote first before replying to me? I don’t care about the old DS, I never used it and only just got the perk in this shrine. I’m talking about the new DS and how it won’t have any use in 90% of games

    I read what you wrote, and I just don't think this theory holds water. Most people take DS to avoid being tunneled. That is as much thought as goes into it. It doesn't have use in most games NOW if you are not tunneled. So it will exactly the same utility in the new form as it has in the current one. So your comments are moot.

  • @ilovedbd123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1957931#Comment_1957931

    I was simplifying it for you but if you want me to just say it. It's entitled to believe you should get free information for nothing. To push this narrative that it's not a disadvantage to see a killer in every game is ridiculous. Tunneling is a viable strategy, and one that's just playing optimally. In game sense it's the same as just sitting on a gen rather than just going around and 33% every gen. It's also sometimes necessary- keys when there is only a few gens left, or someone who knows what they are doing and if left alive will screw the game over (you can usually tell what type of player they are when starting a chase) so sometimes tunneling is the most optimum way to win a game (sometimes it's secures a 2-4k but usually a 3k). Removing the option to play like that without slugging (which can be countered by UB or Just worked around by healing them) is a massive thing. Your entitled nature shows in the way you have approached this as you don't seem to think over any view opposing your own. If you don't want to play to win, then that's fine. But a disadvantage of not being able to tell if there is Ds in a game is huge- this may not be chess but it's a game where you need to use strategy to win and one of the ways to determine how to play is with the information given. Your comment suggests your either not good at the game in general, or just haven't played for long enough.

    Finally , what would your idea be for a trade off. I know you just want to pivot every point but I'm here for serious discussions about the way this game should go, so what would you suggest the trade off be?

    Okay, I get you now, you like tunneling... okay well there's no discussion to be had with you then. I don't think tunneling survivors is fun and I get my 4k's without having to do that "strategy", you see. Good day sir.

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1958042#Comment_1958042

    If the Perk does the same thing in regards to anti-tunnel, and the only change is you can't use it to work objectives in the Killer's face, then there is not significant change to the Perk. The only people abusing it to work objectives in the Killer's face were coordinated SWF. The same people who took it for anti-tunnel before, will continue to take it. The only difference is we might not see SWF with all four carrying DS anymore. Good riddance.

    Nicely put, I agree.

  • @ilovedbd123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1958112#Comment_1958112

    A strawman, really. I don't like tunneling, I only do it when someone is toxic or I feel the need to win. I said it was a viable strategy. Also, what rank are you? Tunneling and slugging are common in red ranks, again backing up that you are either bad at the game or haven't played for a long time

    Shows what little you know, good killers know WHEN to slug and don't need to tunnel. Bad killers feel like they HAVE to tunnel.

    "what rank are you?" reeeeally shows what little you know 😂 After four thousand hours, you'll learn rank doesn't mean sh*t, bud, do you really not know that? HELLO? this is Dbd we're talking about here.

  • @ilovedbd123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1958112#Comment_1958112

    A strawman, really. I don't like tunneling, I only do it when someone is toxic or I feel the need to win. I said it was a viable strategy. Also, what rank are you? Tunneling and slugging are common in red ranks, again backing up that you are either bad at the game or haven't played for a long time

    This guy/girl wants a discussion, but can't read what there is written.

    He reads what he wants and in your case that was just that it is a viable strategy 🤦‍♂️

    After that his mind is made up and nothing matters anymore

  • @then4321 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1958118#Comment_1958118

    Shows what little you know, good killers know WHEN to slug and don't need to tunnel. Bad killers feel like they HAVE to tunnel.

    "what rank are you?" reeeeally shows what little you know 😂 After four thousand hours, you'll learn rank doesn't mean Sh*t, bud, do you really not know that? HELLO? this is Dbd we're talking about here.

    You make me laugh. Good Killers will Herd, Camp, Tunnel, Slug, and Mori if it is required for a specific match. Good Killers play the game to win. All the tactics that Survivors whine about are niche, i.e. they have a specific time and a place. Used incorrectly they damage the Killer more than the Survivors. Used correctly, they are devastating. In short, good Killers will do whatever they have to do at the time, and not give it much thought one way or the other.

  • @then4321 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1958118#Comment_1958118

    Shows what little you know, good killers know WHEN to slug and don't need to tunnel. Bad killers feel like they HAVE to tunnel.

    "what rank are you?" reeeeally shows what little you know 😂 After four thousand hours, you'll learn rank doesn't mean Sh*t, bud, do you really not know that? HELLO? this is Dbd we're talking about here.

    Don't get me wrong here mate as I don't want to be rude, toxic or something else bad.

    But you say rank doesn't matter?

    Then why did you find it important to mention you were rank 1 to me? 😉🤔

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1958081#Comment_1958081

    I read what you wrote, and I just don't think this theory holds water. Most people take DS to avoid being tunneled. That is as much thought as goes into it. It doesn't have use in most games NOW if you are not tunneled. So it will exactly the same utility in the new form as it has in the current one. So your comments are moot.

    Lol you clearly don’t understand English or something. Again the stuff you said has nothing to do with what I said. All I explained is that the new DS will be pointless in roughly 90% of games

  • The op.

    He did the same to me whwhat ile I clearly described what I meant

  • @chadbeastofprey said:

    i do agree with the obsession every game thing but i disagree with the stun duration.

    anyone who argues against having an obsession every game just wants to tunnel for free.

    Not EVERY killer wants to tunnel, obsession or not in my games (rare because I always run dying light) I always play fair

  • @Mugombo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1958100#Comment_1958100

    Lol you clearly don’t understand English or something. Again the stuff you said has nothing to do with what I said. All I explained is that the new DS will be pointless in roughly 90% of games

    I understand your posts perfectly. You are not looking at the big picture. How much use do you think people get out of DS now? What percentage of games does it come up in NOW? What I'm pointing out, which you either are missing or purposely ignoring, is that since the new DS has exactly the same utility in so far as tunneling as the old DS, it will get exactly the same use by Players and come up for use just as much. The utility hasn't changed. Thus if you think the new DS is going to be pointless in 90% of games, that means you think it is pointless in 90% of current games. *I disagree with your math. I think it comes up about 30%-40% now for people who use the Perk slot.

  • An obsession every match would make the game more consistent as a whole, I'm surprised that it hasn't already been implemented.

  • @Dennis_van_eijk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1958134#Comment_1958134

    Don't get me wrong here mate as I don't want to be rude, toxic or something else bad.

    But you say rank doesn't matter?

    Then why did you find it important to mention you were rank 1 to me? 😉🤔

    He asked, so I answered. Is that too much for you to comprehend?

    You gave no input to the topic of discussion, which means you just being a troll, crawl away 🙂

‹ 1 2 3