OFFICIAL PLEASE PUT THE UI BACK TO OLD VERSION PETITION

The devs tried to help but unfortunately it was something that the vast majority of players never wanted to see past the PTB.

Numerous people used photoshop and other editing software to show what we would have preferred but that was never implemented.

So PLEASE keep your feedback and wording on this thread polite and civil as I don’t want the mods to have a “reason” to close it.

Lets get as many different names / imaginary signatures possible and perhaps, just perhaps they may bring out a quick patch to revert the UI to what it once was.

Thanks

PS If you can’t put it back to the way it was, then please make another new one and model it off the perfectly good one you just replaced.

PPS Below is the one players would be happy to see.

image.png


Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • I start to wonder if the devs think that when we say

    'the new HUD is a bloody mess because it's all over the place'

    we mean

    'we don't like any of the new features it supposedly provides'

    Dear Devs:

    We don't mind the new features. It's the all-over-the-placeness and the clashing designs.

    Give us the old HUD layout, give us adept portraits, make the hook time larger, make the items/abilities smaller and we're fine.

  • @BHVR_Gay said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1933289#Comment_1933289

    I'm glad to be a gay person don't be rasist!!!! I did not say any non constructive feedback. Just posted her with a big smile on her face. My constructive feedback is they'd hire a good ui designer.

    Gay is not a race bro...

  • @BHVR_Gay said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1933289#Comment_1933289

    I'm glad to be a gay person don't be rasist!!!! I did not say any non constructive feedback. Just posted her with a big smile on her face. My constructive feedback is they'd hire a good ui designer.

    1. Based on your posts you must be a child (not meant as an insult, just an observation from your sentence structure)

    2. You are clearly trying to bully and insult others. That is not acceptable regardless of the medium nor intention.

    3. This will not help your voice to be heard as well as others who want actual change. Its hard to want to listen to people who result to insults.


    I'm much less bothered by the update then most and I have some issues but doing stuff like this will only damage the communities relationship with devs

  • yea i watch the stream what the point?

  • @MeltingPenguins said:

    I start to wonder if the devs think that when we say

    'the new HUD is a bloody mess because it's all over the place'

    we mean

    'we don't like any of the new features it supposedly provides'

    Dear Devs:

    We don't mind the new features. It's the all-over-the-placeness and the clashing designs.

    Give us the old HUD layout, give us adept portraits, make the hook time larger, make the items/abilities smaller and we're fine.

    make the items/abilities smaller and we're fine.

    You can make everything smaller in the settings, there is a scale slider for that (Steam version, no idea if that's also a thing on console).

    The best option really would be add an option to customize the placement of the elements somewhere, then everyone can build their own HUD. Maybe add an option to remove certain elements if someone doesn't want or need them.

    @GraveHunter said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1931426#Comment_1931426

    1. I play on both PC and PS4, and on both I dislike the new UI. So your argument that it's my idea that PC players are superior above console is absolute dogsh*t. I never said that anywhere on this forum, so don't make stuff up.
    2. I never changed my icons, even if I could in the past. I don't give a sh*t about costum icons. So there you're wrong again.
    3. A TV screen is much bigger than a PC screen (90% of the time it is, some people have huge screens for their PC games). Before it was all clustered together for information. Now it's all over the place. And the wiggle bar when you're on struggle on hook is way too small. At first I didn't even could find it, while before it was also underneath the players icon and way bigger.
    4. I give one positive thing about the new UI and that is the players portrait by their name, so you can see which survivor is which. But that's all I can say positive about it.

    A TV screen is much bigger than a PC screen (90% of the time it is, some people have huge screens for their PC games). Before it was all clustered together for information. Now it's all over the place

    It seems like a lot of people who dislike it have big screens / TVs. Have you tried changing the scale in the Settings menu to see if you can find a value that improves it for you?

  • Yall are unfortunately probably better off moving this to a new thread (my guess is suggestions and feedback). Im sure this is going to be closed soon as well as having the previously mentioned user banned.

  • @Madjura said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1933303#Comment_1933303

    make the items/abilities smaller and we're fine.

    You can make everything smaller in the settings, there is a scale slider for that (Steam version, no idea if that's also a thing on console).

    The best option really would be add an option to customize the placement of the elements somewhere, then everyone can build their own HUD. Maybe add an option to remove certain elements if someone doesn't want or need them.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1933238#Comment_1933238

    A TV screen is much bigger than a PC screen (90% of the time it is, some people have huge screens for their PC games). Before it was all clustered together for information. Now it's all over the place

    It seems like a lot of people who dislike it have big screens / TVs. Have you tried changing the scale in the Settings menu to see if you can find a value that improves it for you?

    i play at max scale and it's still too seperate for me to see well. the ui is bad don't try and defend it by telling people obvious stuff that everyone does

  • Love the new update <3 Hate all the negative feedback though, people will always find something to complain about! 🙄

  • @spicygarlic said:

    Love the new update <3 Hate all the negative feedback though, people will always find something to complain about! 🙄

    wow you created this account just to troll that some sick stuff

  • @Madjura said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1933303#Comment_1933303

    make the items/abilities smaller and we're fine.

    You can make everything smaller in the settings, there is a scale slider for that (Steam version, no idea if that's also a thing on console).

    The best option really would be add an option to customize the placement of the elements somewhere, then everyone can build their own HUD. Maybe add an option to remove certain elements if someone doesn't want or need them.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1933238#Comment_1933238

    A TV screen is much bigger than a PC screen (90% of the time it is, some people have huge screens for their PC games). Before it was all clustered together for information. Now it's all over the place

    It seems like a lot of people who dislike it have big screens / TVs. Have you tried changing the scale in the Settings menu to see if you can find a value that improves it for you?

    I meant 'make them smaller in relation' (and i'm on 100% on the scaling and a lot of elements are hard to read for me.)

  • @MeltingPenguins said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1933351#Comment_1933351

    I meant 'make them smaller in relation' (and i'm on 100% on the scaling and a lot of elements are hard to read for me.)

    yea they really drop it this time, this should be change asap or the could just show us why it's needed isntead of staying silent and ignoring people

  • @Madjura said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1933303#Comment_1933303

    make the items/abilities smaller and we're fine.

    You can make everything smaller in the settings, there is a scale slider for that (Steam version, no idea if that's also a thing on console).

    The best option really would be add an option to customize the placement of the elements somewhere, then everyone can build their own HUD. Maybe add an option to remove certain elements if someone doesn't want or need them.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1933238#Comment_1933238

    A TV screen is much bigger than a PC screen (90% of the time it is, some people have huge screens for their PC games). Before it was all clustered together for information. Now it's all over the place

    It seems like a lot of people who dislike it have big screens / TVs. Have you tried changing the scale in the Settings menu to see if you can find a value that improves it for you?

    My TV is rather small and changing the scale does nothing for me

  • For the topic at hand

    They have said they won't revert it and it honestly makes sense since they want it to be uniform and easier to implement changes down the road. Now I have issues with the hud as well but how would you guys want to improve it beyond "throw the entire thing away".


    Personally I'd be okay with the just increasing the size of hook meters, increase survivor portrait sizes (and keep portraits for downed survivors), give killer the same hook info, and put generators at the bottom. Other than that I like the look

  • @bjorksnas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1929690#Comment_1929690

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/5BSIJQNKX533/image0.png

    you forgot to add the minecraft stone axes into the hotbar to represent the 5 hatches huntress has left

    My bad thanks for fixing it

  • @IWasLeft2Die said:

    For the topic at hand

    They have said they won't revert it and it honestly makes sense since they want it to be uniform and easier to implement changes down the road. Now I have issues with the hud as well but how would you guys want to improve it beyond "throw the entire thing away".

    Personally I'd be okay with the just increasing the size of hook meters, increase survivor portrait sizes (and keep portraits for downed survivors), give killer the same hook info, and put generators at the bottom. Other than that I like the look

    Just put everything at the bottom how it used to be and don't scatter it across the whole screen

  • @memento said:

    What's the purpose of PTB if BHVR ignore community's feedback? Who in the world wanted new UI or new animations?

    Me. I actually like everything on here. I will say the gens should still be on the bottom left with the item. But everything still looks clean. As for new animations, I think they look great and more human like, the closer you look the more you see how it looks like an actual human rather than a robot. I think this community whines too much yet still plays the game anyway

  • @Antrapace said:

    Glad to see this post / petition is still going strong!

    One thing I find alarming though is the fact that @DerZuntor @shadowman0105 and @Zagrid took it as gospel that the UI had no way of being reversed, and that’s just 3 users that voiced their belief.

    I never talked about the ui. I talked about the animations.

  • @DerZuntor said:

    They already said they can't, they made a completely new HUD System. There is no going back anymore.

    All they need to do is take UI coding from a later patch. Its not that hard they're just being lazy and stubborn for the hundredth time.

  • Relatively new player here. Only got into this game early January and have about 50 or so hours in it.


    From the perspective of someone who hasn't had the comfort of the same HUD for potentially years of playing this game like many of you, I can say without bias this new HUD is just not good. It's a blatant downgrade, like, even as a new player I had no problem at all remembering how many hooks everyone is on so it's not like we desperately needed that! Y'all have been playing without that for years!


    The old one was better, not nostalgic, better. Character portraits is a good upgrade, but it's hilarious to me that it took this long for them to even add that seemingly basic necessity.


    Ooh, also, this update broke various basic game functions for survivors so if we could just revert entirely back to 4.4.whatever that'd be great. (yeah, I know it's either not possible or never gonna happen don't even bother correcting it, it's a joke)

    You forced something upon us we didn't want and you broke the game in the process. If that isn't the most embarrassing failure as a game developer idk what is.

  • @DerZuntor said:

    They already said they can't, they made a completely new HUD System. There is no going back anymore.

    thats bs. if this is truse than there is truly no hope for the game, your telling me they have not ONCE backed up their game? EVER?

  • Agree and it seems i can not see the hook count with killer? What the hell is the reason about that? It's an info for the killer, to maybe not hook someone the third time right away omg.

  • +1

    Signed, kissed, and stamped.

  • I thought the Autohaven 'vomit green' update was bad.


    BHVR just had to take it to the next level.

  • tcptxt1cmlg61.jpg

    This would have made too much sense I guess. Compact elements that I don't have to squint at to decipher. Unintrusive. Ya know, sensible UI design.

  • @BaldursGate2 said:

    Agree and it seems i can not see the hook count with killer? What the hell is the reason about that? It's an info for the killer, to maybe not hook someone the third time right away omg.

    I think the explanation given as to why the killer can't see this was that it would encourage tunneling. If by "hook count" you mean how often each Survivor was hooked (the icon next to their portrait, you can see it when you play Survivor) and not the total hook counter (the circle thing).

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/EQSZTSEF5MEX/tcptxt1cmlg61.jpg

    This would have made too much sense I guess. Compact elements that I don't have to squint at to decipher. Unintrusive. Ya know, sensible UI design.

    I feel like the info clump up too much. But for me, the portrait info doesnt change so doesnt matter to be subtle. I like it.

    Though since they will not put the UI in old place, its better to giving ideas that improving the new UI instead based on the old one.

  • @Antrapace said:

    The devs tried to help but unfortunately it was something that the vast majority of players never wanted to see past the PTB.

    Numerous people used photoshop and other editing software to show what we would have preferred but that was never implemented.

    So PLEASE keep your feedback and wording on this thread polite and civil as I don’t want the mods to have a “reason” to close it.

    Lets get as many different names / imaginary signatures possible and perhaps, just perhaps they may bring out a quick patch to revert the UI to what it once was.

    Thanks

    I do not enjoy the layout of the new UI. I support this message.

  • @Madjura said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1933588#Comment_1933588

    I think the explanation given as to why the killer can't see this was that it would encourage tunneling. If by "hook count" you mean how often each Survivor was hooked (the icon next to their portrait, you can see it when you play Survivor) and not the total hook counter (the circle thing).

    Those devs ... Or it would be be the oppsite, at least for me, because the times i hooked someone the 3rd time, where i believed i hooked him only once is too damn high.

  • Theres 50k players on steam at this moment, it safe to say only a majority cares. New players and casuals dont see the problem and OG's are addicted. Long story short, you can complain and threaten to not play or speak with your wallet, at the end of the day you'll be back and you still play this game.

  • Up this post... please revert or at least make it similar to the previous version

  • So glad this is still standing, thanks again too the 99% who kept things civil on here, and a very big thank you to which ever mod dealt with that 1% swiftly and let the thread continue to exist.

  • @Antrapace said:

    So glad this is still standing, thanks again too the 99% who kept things civil on here, and a very big thank you to which ever mod dealt with that 1% swiftly and let the thread continue to exist.

    We gotchu

  • I know they said they can’t, but honestly if they changed it once they can change it again. And good lord do I hope they do

  • For those that don't know.

    Dead by daylight mobile has a UI that is now better than the main game and...

    Fully customizable

    20210210_140041.jpg

    Who knew that DbD would lose to its own mobile port.

  • @ClassicSun said:

    I know they said they can’t, but honestly if they changed it once they can change it again. And good lord do I hope they do

    I DO believe what queen meant was the entire old system behind the UI.

    Changing the new system's LAYOUT to that of the old UI or one close to it shouldn't be a problem. And THAT is what people are asking for. We don't mind new features or small animations for the status icons, but we mind the layout (and the parts that clash with the design like the 3d portraits instead of e.g. the adept ones)

  • 100% agree. Ps4 player here and the UI creates such a problem on my TV

  • The new ui feels unneeded, don't get me wrong, I am all for the icons being updated but to change the entire layout and make it so scattered is just odd to me. I thought the old ui was placed much nicer, and all the information I needed was organized and convenient.

    I would have been much happier, had the devs updated the icons of the survivors but kept the layout...and they can change it back or move icons if they really wanted to. It's just sad to see the game change when it didn't need to. Giving players the ability to swap between new or old ui would be nice, or to change it to your own comfort.

  • @forthelulz said:

    If everyone stops playing for a week or two they'll change it no matter what it takes, this game keeps BHVR alive if it dies, which it will if they don't stop screwing around then 100s of people will be out of work soon and the company will fold in a couple years.

    If the daily numbers drop a huge chunk and they stay low they'll have no choice.

    Shame on them for even trying to do this, I can't think of any other game or business that would attempt changing so many things at once especially when they all literally suck and nobody asked for because they'd be essentially killing their cash cow and they can't possibly be that stupid.

    I mean I'm not playing the game till they fix the UI, or hitboxes, or both. I've got over 1k hours in the game and was gonna buy the new rift but oh well, dev's shoulda listen to us.

  • Screenshot 2021-02-10 15.04.03.png

    Not_Queen is answering questions on Discord now. This stood out to me, though. I'm not sure if I missed the context of her answer, and I'm hoping I am, but it sounds like they can revert the changes--but won't?

    However, to be fair, Not_Queen also said:

    "I am trying to get you answers but there are discussions happening at the moment between the team and I have to wait until these are resolved and a plan is cleared out before I can communicate about it."

    So, maybe there's still a chance that things will be changed.

  • @gemjas said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/HGQD4DA1MZBT/screenshot-2021-02-10-15-04-03.png

    Not_Queen is answering questions on Discord now. This stood out to me, though. I'm not sure if I missed the context of her answer, and I'm hoping I am, but it sounds like they can revert the changes--but won't?

    However, to be fair, Not_Queen also said:

    "I am trying to get you answers but there are discussions happening at the moment between the team and I have to wait until these are resolved and a plan is cleared out before I can communicate about it."

    So, maybe there's still a chance that things will be changed.

    they don't go back because.... all the work no-one asked for will be lost time?

    then... just add to the option menu, the option to change beetwen them, the ones who like it, can still use it, and the one who don't like it, don't have to do it.

  • @Zagrid said:

    For those that don't know.

    Dead by daylight mobile has a UI that is now better than the main game and...

    Fully customizable

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/BDWT6SVBDBZV/20210210-140041.jpg

    Who knew that DbD would lose to its own mobile port.

    Nice. Good to know

  • @Antrapace said:

    Glad to see this post / petition is still going strong!

    One thing I find alarming though is the fact that @DerZuntor @shadowman0105 and @Zagrid took it as gospel that the UI had no way of being reversed, and that’s just 3 users that voiced their belief.

    Its not that it can't be reversed unless BHVR is the most inept studio in all of existence.

    Its just that post is clear indication they at the very least will do everything in their power to not revert back to the old UI

  • @gemjas said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/HGQD4DA1MZBT/screenshot-2021-02-10-15-04-03.png

    Not_Queen is answering questions on Discord now. This stood out to me, though. I'm not sure if I missed the context of her answer, and I'm hoping I am, but it sounds like they can revert the changes--but won't?

    However, to be fair, Not_Queen also said:

    "I am trying to get you answers but there are discussions happening at the moment between the team and I have to wait until these are resolved and a plan is cleared out before I can communicate about it."

    So, maybe there's still a chance that things will be changed.

    Is she seriously telling us that this UI and the system behind it took months to get done?

    I'm seriously shocked right now.

  • yes, pls change UI and movement and hitbox. thx

  • @DerZuntor said:

    They already said they can't, they made a completely new HUD System. There is no going back anymore.

    And they were blatantly lying.

  • @Zagrid said:

    For those that don't know.

    Dead by daylight mobile has a UI that is now better than the main game and...

    Fully customizable

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/BDWT6SVBDBZV/20210210-140041.jpg

    Who knew that DbD would lose to its own mobile port.

    To be fair,DbD mobile has (for whatever reason) a TON of features that the community wanted in the main game

  • @forthelulz said:

    If everyone stops playing for a week or two they'll change it no matter what it takes, this game keeps BHVR alive if it dies, which it will if they don't stop screwing around then 100s of people will be out of work soon and the company will fold in a couple years.

    If the daily numbers drop a huge chunk and they stay low they'll have no choice.

    Shame on them for even trying to do this, I can't think of any other game or business that would attempt changing so many things at once especially when they all literally suck and nobody asked for because they'd be essentially killing their cash cow and they can't possibly be that stupid.

    Uh...does EA ring a bell?

  • As a new killer main, who plays ghostface, I find the new UI frustrating. When im trying to expose people, I have to take my eyes off the survivors just to see the progress. Plus its super small which makes it harder for me to see it at all. I dont really want to struggle to use my power when i'm already getting looped for 5 gens. Im not a fan of this new update.

  • It's so baaaddd. I was worried killer would be worse because you're generally, uhh, more busy. But to my surprise I hate it even MORE on survivor, cuz it's impossible to monitor teammate status during chase (did they get unhooked yet? Am I running the killer in a horrible direction?) And difficult to monitor while doing skill checks. And don't even bother casually monitoring gens. Like we'll get used to it but it makes life worse for literally no reason...

1 2 3 4 5 6