Killer entitlement with the lobby cherry picking and dc's
Make lobby hidden and punish dc with immediate de-ranking similar to that that happens monthly or put a timer or some kind of penalty. That includes survivors to.
Problem solved.
Problem solved.
Comments
Keep in mind that the official wiki is that for a reason - it's the most complete and the best.
Wait did you really just write that, of course they're not trying to play fair they're trying to live. Isn't that the same logic killer mains use that you're not trying to play fair. that you're trying to kill the survivors and thus will do whatever you can o accomplish that.
I understand that it's fun to play with your friends and that you get good laughs while doing so. That's why I think voice com should be a part of the game and that it should then be balanced around it.
People often forget that everyone who's playing is a human. Who also wants to have fun. Not get bullied by swf groups that hook farm or bully the killer.
I have a few things that are pretty much auto-dodge:
Pretty much everything else is game on, though.
Sure. Punish people for not playing games they don't find fun. Then you will be assured to get no games because all the Killers will just quit.
Its not hard since piping is still very easy. but it is very frustrating because of the survivor / SWF you have to verse
Wait half a year or maybe a year, then the survivors will really know how to loop
Yes... Been like this for a long time...
No one should be DC'ing at all except for emergencies. If you want to be selfish and DC because you don't like the map, offerings, Meg's hair, be prepared to pay for it later. I won't rescue people who I have seen do things like this. Let them die on the hook since they were useless in prior matches anyways. That goes for the stupid "Wah wah! I just missed my DS skillcheck! I need my mommy!" DCs that happen. Suck it up and play the match out. Not everything in life is fun, fair, or balanced. You might actually learn something other than how to feed your sad, little ego.
Killers get their opportunity to lobby dodge, so them DC'ing is pretty stupid imo. I don't mind a dodge because I know how nasty it can get at higher Ranks. They do get their opportunity though pre-match, and I'd rather them do it there than waste my Offerings for whatever reason. I'll just queue up again and get my 5 second matchmaking. Solo queue makes for extremely quick match finding.
True but it's been here for a long time and the devs are trying to address it by buffing solo up to that level and then buffing killers.
That won't work until they get dedicated servers since p2p combined with 1 crappy internet or Console makes it unviable.
The same is true for survivors then, who wants to get bullied by an experienced killer that intentionally depips to terrorize newbs.
You also have to remember that killers like to bully survivors and get mad when they get outplayed by a team even if it's not swf then turn around and say it was due to swf. The group could be 2 solos and 2 swf and yet it's swf 4 man ds/flashlight etc.
So when a killer rage quits because they don't like the offerings, they don't like the map or they don't get someone down within the 1st 30 seconds it's survivors fault?
When killers quit because they get outplayed and or the survivors have exit gates powered about to exit. Yeah talk about privilege and getting everything you want.
Both sides do it so don't come in and act like killers are angels here because that's about as true as the earth is flat.
You as the killer get to see what items the survivors are bringing, what character they're playing so don't pretend you have to take what you can get.
Speaking of entitled and no I know you're not pretending but it's obvious who the entitled one here is and that'd be you.
You did exactly what I expected you to do which is dodge and deflect then insult and run away. the typical I can't refute your argument so I'm going to insults and ignore you strategy.
I can disagree with people like @Orion @SovererignKing @Tsulan and even @DarkWo1f997 yet they don't try what you're doing. We don't agree on everything, we agree on somethings etc but at least we respect each other for the most part.
I've never pretended to be an expert on game balance but I've also suggested things to help improve game balance that help killers. But I guess my input isn't any good because i'm not some biased main on 1 side that only wants things my way.
I think part of the problem is that Killers DC for the same stupid reasons that Survivors DC. They got outplayed. I know how horrible it is facing a 4-man SWF squad, but Killers do have the option pre-match to dodge it and move on to the next. It's one of the reasons I would love either an SWF indicator or a BP boost for the Killer. It would prevent a lot of the DCs, imo at least. It's just tough to know who is SWF and who isn't right now, unless you want to spend the time to check Profiles (If they aren't private) and figure it out. That is stupid imo because you shouldn't have to do that just to get a decent game.
Both sides of the game DC for ridiculous reasons, and it boils down to them not being able to accept that they either lost the match or got outplayed. Survivors do DC a whole lot more though. Most of the Killer DCs I see are due to Map Offerings, very rare they'll DC towards the end of the match. Survivors will DC because they got downed, found first, DS skillcheck miss, bad flashlight save, misdropped pallet, "oh no, it might be a Mori" etc etc. If more people were willing to just suck it up and keep on with the match though, you might see less toxic behavior rather than more. Be good sports about it all, and remember that the next match is about 3 clicks away so it's not the end of the world.
Just because you don’t, doesn’t mean there aren’t many spoiled and entitled Killers either. There are far more Survivors granted, but that’s because there are simply 4 to every 1 Killer. Toxicity and entitlement is rampant of Survivors side because of toxic content creators who made it popular to “bully the big bad monster.” Not caring at all there the “big bad” in this game is actually a real person. Simply because the game’s balance has been screwed up for years and they could/can get away with that #########.
Mostly the big thing now is the changes to the game. It’s getting better balance wise, not there yet, but Survivors who were used to abusing broken crap, just can’t handle that they can’t be toxic and get away with it. That or they just can’t handle they can’t win without that broken #########. It’s like the ones in MMO’s that find a bug in a spell or a map glitch and abuse the ######### out of it to win, then the developers fix it, and they can’t win anymore and they cry foul.
Ah yes more of the expected Ad Hominem and Straw Mans with Red Herrings thrown in for failed measure, now let me give you some facts.
I'm not a kid and in fact amn a few weeks away from my 53rd birthday yet I'm still a kid at heart, I laugh, I still watch Bug's Bunny and Scooby Doo because they're funny.
I've said on countless occasions the game is survivor sided and posted ideas on how to improve it, you read the same earlier. yet you still decided to ignore that just to throw out more insults.
@SovererignKing posted it already but I'll say the same once again, there's entitled players on both sides. The fact you ignore it proves quite clearly who the entitled one is.
I defend both sides when I see the need and also call out both sides as well. The fact you equate that with my defending dc's is hilarious. Someone calling out a side is defending the other for doing the same when I've never once said that.
You're doing exactly what i called you out for, deflection when you can't argue a point combined with insults then a full scale surrender and dodge. You've obviously got more important things to do than deal with facts and truth.
6.Then the final surrender comes in after another failed attempt at dodging, if and when you want to have an actual debate I'll be here.
The depiping has been a problem on both sides and the devs introduced the noob ranks. Maybe they'll do something more about it in the future.
Serious question: How can a killer "bully" survivor?
Camp, and sit there and smack them, pick them up and drop them repeatedly and never hook them. you could also say a rank 1 killer that's intentionally depipped to 15 to terrorize noobs qualifies.
The devs even support derank in via dcig, why are you surprised that people dc then
Camping is legal gameplay and not bullying.
Even smacking them on the hook is BM and the only thing that I would see the same as tbagging for killer, but ingame it doesn't benefit the killer -because it makes unhooks in his face possible- and it does not prolong the game in any way.
Pick up and drop isn't bullying either, because the survivor will get free at some point.
Never hooking is slugging and that's also a legal tactic. You can't take a game hostage by slugging, because they bleed out and the killer is robbing himself of points. I know a lot of people hate getting slugged, but you know what, I also hate getting smacked with a machete, but that is actually the game.
Intentional depipping is done by just LEAVING the match and not playing it at all. Is that fair for those that waste their offerings? No, but it isn't bullying in my book.
The only real bullying that I could make up is farming the last survivor if no hatch is available or taking the game hostage by bodyblocking (real hostage, like 1/2 hr and more, not just 2 min).
The other things? No never happened to me
Actually no, never. Most likely I do not play toxic.
But still I already mentioned above that plays like that are like tbagging (hooksmacks, bell ringing, etc).
But camping and slugging in itself are not "bullying"
All those playstyles might harass a single player of that team, but for the team overall it is a free win.
"Bullying" the killer is toying with them to show how that he can't do anything about it and wasting the killers time.
Killer can't really do that without downright giving a free win to the rest of the team.
Actually those are both incorrect since certain killers can move themselves inside the characters models making unhooks impossible.
So it does prolong the game because survivors will try and get that person off the hook.
Actually that's also incorrect since i had a game where the killer repeatedly did this for over 15 minutes and would enver hook me. They eventually just let me bleed out and I've had other killers do it to where i'm 1 second from bleeding out after that and then hook me.
Slugging is fine, but slugging and then picking up and repeating the process over and over to drag the game out like my point above is holding the game hostage.
As I stated above in addition to your reasons those are also valid.
Nothing I said is "incorrect".
Even if he is exploiting to "facecamp", it does not prolong the game, the guy on the hook is dead in 2 min and versus a dedicated camper any save attemtps are stupid no matter what, so that is the survivors fault.
And if some killer picks you up and keeps dropping you for 15 min that's a BUG.
Even if the killer tries to slug all it is NOT bullying. It is a legal tactic. Unpleasent to be on the recieving end, but not bullying.
I should've clarified what they were doing is carrying me and then dropping me hoping I'd wiggle which I did and got more bonus points. The killer thought they were pissing em off by doing this but I was laughing the entire time.
They knew i'd killed their DH totem so they wanted to in their own words make me suffer but I got a ton of bonus BP that way.
The other one that kept doing it also wanted me to suffer but wasn't slugging since in both cases I was the last survivor. I was dead on hook automatically so they were in fact holding the game hostage no different than when survivors do what killer complain about.
The 2nd killer was hoping i'd dc and lose all my bp and post game even said so.
Thanks for supporting my point.
Nothing they did benefited them or made you suffer. Nothing they did was holding the game hostage.
If the killer keeps dropping you, you gain wiggle progress and escape his grasp
Slugging is not holding the game hostage because there is the bleed out timer ticking down.
I already answered that.
But again, it might be unpleasant , but it is only very temporary, since the bleedout timer will end it soon.
Killer getting bullied can take ages.
Ever encountered a flashlight squad that made hooks almost impossible?
Or just the regular conga row of hook blocking?
Killer can't do anything similar to a team… they can mock and BM the last survivor, but that's about it.
As long as other survivor are alive, killer can't seriously bully the team without giving up the match.
Don't bother. People are blind and one sided in this game and that is what makes it even more toxic. There is no good or bad side when it comes to what kind of people play this game and being toxic is a trait that both killers and survivors have in equal numbers.
When I started, I felt sorry for all killers too and thought survivors were more toxic until I played for two months.
Solving problems? Problem solved.
erm… what?
Very funny... rolleyes
I actually do not understand what you want to tell or ask me, but if you can't explain… nevermind.
Killers are on a really tight time frame and under constant pressure. Survivors don´t really feel pressured unless only 3 load in with 5 gens. (which btw, should be the normal game mode)
So when survivors bring in toolboxes they significantly decrease the time it takes to finish the gens. Which is already to fast, considering that survivors can finish all 5 gens in 3 minutes (1 survivor being chased by the killer).
Flashlights are rarely used for saving other survivors, but mainly to annoy the killer.
Bright outfits usually mean survivors which want to get the attention of the killer to get chased. They know how to loop and bring crutches like DS and/or Insta heals.
Let me get this straight :
All the tools he mentionned are toxic by essence.
Because it's in the game doesn't mean that they're legit, balanced and not toxic.
Back then peoples defended Infinites loops with this argument.
Since our Devs doesn't seem to willingly fix these flaws, it's all up to the playerbase to not bath in this toxic mess and enjoying it.
I personally only used once the "Machine-gun build" (STBFL+Unrelenting) back then.
It felt cheesy as ######### and never used it again.
While survivors...
(Other Killer can be toxic, but they don't even have half the tools Survivors have to act that way, and are in general way more mature . )
But you know it already i guess, and conviniently act like you don't understand/ don't know.
Pretty much everything said. Thanks Tsulan.^^
No problem
A lot of people that do not play "enough" or "high ranking" matches, don't see it coming, but when I see a bright colored Claudette with a med kit or a flashlight, I KNOW she wants to be chased. The Medkit will be insta or the flashlight is used to click at me to get attention.
If someone with a streamer tag is not ready up as a plain Dwight, I KNOW he will last second swap to P3 Claudette.
When I see profiles with hidden friendslists, but public groups like DBD-survivor-teammate-finder or Ochido fan group, I just know what to expect.
etc.
etc.
Victims felt so entitled to play with their friends that they literally got the developers to cave and add SWF so dont you dare talk to killers about entitlement.
Stalking the prey at the campfire is already part of the match.
The killer is meant to be able to prepare for the hunt.
Or just choose what prey to pick or not.
If they are to well equipped, just come back another night to chase them (aka dodge).
If survivor would play smart, they would not be the 3rd at the campfire picking a toolbox.
Yes, truly mature...